6.7

1. Jan 25, 2013
    I played all DMC games before, I loved them all, personally I loved most first and third.
    At first I was very angry about reboot. Turned blind eye to a game and my opinion was full of hatred... But then... Well it's stupid compare reboot to a old games. I mean story and writting isn't best really, but gameplay, environments, concept is really nice. And music isn't very monotonic. To be
    fair it's something new in gaming, some fresh air.... It might not a some deep masterpiece, but it's a good game to have fun, and games supposed to be fun. Also I'm happy with good PC performance, nice to eye graphics and smooth gameplay.
    Thanks for creating something new, I'm sorry fot those closed minded guys who can't enjoy anything and must act like mindless fanatics. No one forces play it, and I saw a game as a new game. It is nothing like old one, but it's better than repeating old stuff.
  2. Jan 16, 2014
    The haters are trolling because Dante doesn't have white hair. The thing is though, this is a reboot, he eventually starts looking more like the old Dante, that was obvious from the get go. The game itself though? Is one of my favorite games this year. The action, the combat, it is all top notch. Even the platforming is fantastic, something I usually loathe in video games. They find ways to make limbo odd, creepy, and even scary in some sections. All with tons of great combat, something they genuinely knocked out of the park.

Only complaint is minor, and that is the little jokes Dante has which do get a bit excessive. Still super minor, the game is fantastic and I hope they keep making them because the fan hate this one got was misplaced. Tons of these negative reviewers NEVER even played the game. They just saw his hair color and hated on it immediately. It is a shame.
  3. Jan 26, 2013
    I love the game. I hated the previous DmC games for being too steep.. no story just brainless hack-and-slash.
    This DmC has the Darksiders feeling and it feels really special. I never liked the Asian style of the last DmC games.
  4. Jan 25, 2013
    New DmC is very dynamics, very interesting and very clever game. It has breathtaking gameplay, enthralling story. I think. that "fans" of previous games about Dante is very wrong. They think, if developers changed skin of Dante and game design then game will be very bad and not intersting. Do not believe them. It very good slasher. On this moment, it is the best game of this winter.
  5. Feb 20, 2013
    Un juego impresionante supera con creces a las entregas anteriores, muchos critican al nuevo Dante pero eso me tiene sin cuidado los haters y nostálgicos no paran de joder a su vez como lo hacen con Resident Evil no lo superan por dios.. los combates están muy bien logrados fluido y muy adictivo una gran series de combos.. el port de PC esta mas que bien optimizado.. espero que los haters cambien de opinión y dejen de pendejadas con el nuevo dante.. Expand
  6. May 14, 2013
    This game is fantastic. I thought they did an excellent job showing us a young Dante. I'm 26 and I've played every DMC game from start to finish. I don't understand the hate for this game at all. The action is cool, the voice acting is solid, and the story is fun to watch unfold. I would have enjoyed some longer cutscenes to flesh out the story a bit more, but what's there is interesting and enjoyable. I don't mind that Dante is no longer half-human, not really a big deal in my opinion. I'll be looking forward to a sequel. Expand
  7. Nov 7, 2013
    Very nice and much better than previous games about white onime!11 Dante!!! I'm only sad about new Vergil, but other stuff is freaking awesome
    A must-buy game for any fan
  8. Mar 27, 2013
    I had a great time with this game. It does not deserve the poor user score that haters have been giving it. DMC is an enjoyable and beautiful game that keeps your interest throughout and never has a dull moment.
  9. Jan 31, 2013
    It is a good game. And it's a great restart for a whole franchise. New music, new characters, new moves, new original levels. DMC 4 was rather dull. There was nothing new in it, nothing original. This is a different story. Just give it a chance.
  10. Mar 25, 2013
    Great Game! This is best DMC ever! русски!
    Перезапуск CAPCOM, 4-ая
  11. Mar 27, 2013
    I loved DMC. It does not deserve the hate from fans. The game is very enjoyable and has excellent pacing and tight controls. The attention to detail is nice as well. Great mature story is a plus. I really hope there is a sequel to this awesome game.
  12. Feb 3, 2013
    Good PC Port. You can see the love that got into this game. Presentation is very good, The level designs are awesome! Writing is mediocre but i think it fits the story and the setting very well. Had a smile on my face while playing this game from beginning to the end. It's not like the old dmc games but that was the intention. It was a bit short and a bit to easy on the first three difficulties but after that you can choose even higher difficulties and those are pretty neat. Whether or not you like the soundtrack is a matter of taste but it really fitted the action and vibe of the game. (I really liked it). It's a shame that people weigh the flaws of this game so high in comparison to all the good stuff. For most of those people it probably didn't matter what they would have made this game into, they would just hate it for not being the dmc they are used to. It's not their fault, they were just biased because of the new way the franchise went in and because of it, payed much more attention to the flaws and forgot about many of the great things this game does. REALLY REALLY hope they will continue this version of dmc.

This game gets an 8 from me but because of the many haters i will give it a 10 over here.
  13. Feb 20, 2013
    What can i say: just freaking awesome game after 8 hours i finally finished and it was worth every minute spent on it. Pros 1. PC Port 10/10 there are no camera problems, you can change your controls, graphics, everything you need just to enjoy the game 2.Graphics i was really impressed by how the game looks and performs,
  14. Feb 6, 2013
    First the obvious. This is a remake (Remember that word) of an over-rated franchise that desperately needed it. Out of all the hack n slash games as of late such as DMC, God of War, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden......DMC felt the most stale.
    The story was hilariously bad, the character was a pretty boy with long hair and really awful one liners spewing out of his mouth. Like most Japanese
    make games that are supposively adult he looked like an ugly anime girl with the personality of a 10 year old. The gameplay was solid and the graphics were fine but did not stand out. Capcom knew the franchise was falling behind the others and decided a shot in the arm was needed. So they call Ninja Theory.
    Ninja Theory are known for great production values mostly because of their incredible voice acting, emotion, and characters. They are also known for well recieved but commercial flops. So how did they do/
    Well this is a remake. Most gamers do not grasp that concept. So they have been on the net crying and complaining like teenage girls fighting over a guy. It has been a pathetic display and shows why gamers are considered genetic fumbles, geeks, and outsiders. Many franchises have seen reboot ps over the years and some have failed or succeeded. This one passes the test head over heals but the butthurt punks of the game community really outdid themselves with their metacritic hate and ignorance.
    The story is great. It sticks close enough to the original while taking out the ignorant banter most Japanese games in this genre are known for. In other words anyone can follow along and enjoy it. It has some great cutscenes to tell the story and move the narrative alone. Amazingly people have complained about this. (Metal Gear 4 gets a free pass though.....) It is easily the first DMC where I paid attention to what was going on.
    The difficulty took a step back but you can open up harder difficulties and the hard ones do pose a challenge.
    The gameplay is standard hack n slash and like a good reboot should, you develope more powers, combos, and such as you go. Like Ninja Theories other game Heavenly Sword, you have to use face button and trigger combos to switch weapon attacks. Takes getting used too. One cool thing that was added is the ability to ty out and switch out combo attacks.
    Dante is a likable character as well as the supporting cast. Some bosses make a return and again.....even though it is a remake the community cried. The choices were good with the bosses included but some of the fights are all too standard with what has already been done for the genre.
    The sound in more western metal instead of Japanese hair metal. It is more rugged and hard edged. The voice work is great which should be expected and the sound effects are well done. Nothing to complain about.
    The graphics and art are in my opinion the best in any hack n slash game that has been released. Not as technical as God of War 3 but the world is incredible. The rifts, shifting, lighting, and film grain and blups in the transfermation into limbo is awesome. Limbo is a screwed up place but the look is awesome. The first level was a shock to the senses and I actually had to train my eye to the art. Amazingly done.
    I do have a few complaints. The levels while they are cool does not get better as they go. They stay consistant but I was hoping for a big final. The boss fights as stated earlier are nothing new. A few on the character exchanges seem forced for shock value but it is miles ahead of the past titles. And finally some of the jumping movements, especially the air dashing can be a bit tricky.
    One last thing. I have seen a lot of crying about Dante saying "No way!" to the white wig during the game. I thought it was hilarious and was a direct attack on the babies who have cried foul this who cried foul the whole time. It said 2 things. 1- This is not the same DMC and 2- Ninja Theory has heard the cries and stayed course with their own vision. Any good dev worth their salt would of did the same thing.
    Well done Ninja Theory. The best hack n slash since Ninja Gaiden Black and a big middle finger to the drama queens.
  15. Jan 25, 2013
    First off I'd like to point out that I've played DMC 3 & 4 in the past. Loving this game so far! I have it running on max settings and its running very smoothly. I suck at fighting/hack and slash games but this is easy to get into (even with keyboard + mouse). Story is relatively good and keeps me on edge. I frankly don't mind the new Dante look and his attitude (swearing). To be honest he sounds like me when I'm playing video games. I love the sound track for this game when you enter combat and also the level design. Level design is far better than dmc 4 by a long shot. Dmc 3 is still my favorite, but I love this one as well. I actually would give this an 8/10 instead of 10/10, but I can already predict buthurt fanboys giving it 0. Expand
  16. Jan 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A piece of a solid game. Just completed it and it was worth the money. Animations & story perfect. They have done an amazing job on this game. Do the lines were pretty cheese. They also could improve acting in some cut-scenes. People should stop hating on the character and actually try the game first before even writing the reviews. Expand
  17. Jan 26, 2013
    I rarely write reviews, but when I do, it's because the score does not match the content of the game. 4.8 user score is just too low for this game and I believe it is just fan boys hating the new look of the game. Even if the game have flaws, like the common story and easy bosses (at least on lower difficulties), the game has an awesome level design, soundtrack that matches the action perfectly and a battle system, that surpasses any of the previous ones and it is a blast to experiment with. I'd have given it 9/10, but I'm giving it 10 to compensate for the haters. If you're and action game fan, get it! Expand
  18. Jan 27, 2013
    I really can't understand why people are having so much hate on this title. They are retards, seriously. It's a god damn reboot, more like spin-off or smth, not a next game with linked plot like in other 4 games. So, i gave this game 10, just because i don't want to see it underrated. Ninja Theory did a great job with it, the game looks stylish and beautiful and all the heroes are looking good and pretty attractive. Stop hating this, i really enjoyed new DmC, it's the best slasher game i have ever played in last 4 years, so.. yeah. I don't know about consoles, i don't have one, i am talking about PC now. Peace out. Expand
  19. GNZ
    Jan 27, 2013
    No matter what the internet haters would spout out before playing the actual game itself, this game IS a Devil May Cry game at heart, as a long time fan of the series itself, I was impressed by this breath of fresh air that Ninja Theory have given t o the series.

The combat is fast and fluid and fast just like the previous games, it is a little more simplified in some aspects, but at
    the same time the combat is mixed up with certain enemies that can only be affected by certain weapons, this in turn has you dodging some enemies whilst using a certain weapon on one enemy that has no effect on the other two behind you, which all in all adds a nice twist to the combat ... rather than having you simply stand there using the axe for everything, as most people would have you believe.

The gameplay is fun, gone is the backtracking, the platforming sections are pretty fun for what they are and the levels as well as limbo itself are beautiful to look at.

The complaints about the game being built on the unreal engine are laughable, the game runs fine, looks ace doing it, and plays just as smoothly as any other Devil May Cry game.

My only personal complaint, the Succubus fight, the writing for that boss fight ... was poor, and not down to the new Dante, infact the insanely foul mouth was the boss, it was a bit over the top on the swearing and such in that scene in my opinion.

I was interested in the game ever since the first reveal trailer and was impressed with how it turned out, a bit easier than previous titles, but to be fair, most games these days are far easier than they used to be.

If you're even thinking about it, don't think, just buy it, and give the game a chance, you'll soon see that all the hate and slander the game gets is miss-placed, the new Dante is far from an "edgy emo" that everyone seems to cry about... either way, try the game and make your own decisions which would be more than most are doing, which is tearing into a game from a few vid's and screenshots they've seen, taking everything out of context and reviewing something they have not even touched first hand.
  20. Jan 27, 2013
    Wonderful Game, history, stunning graphics, great style combat, in pc versión it's better. i don't like the dante's new look, but with the dlc , the problem is solved ;)
  21. Jan 28, 2013
    Certainly desirable to play on the PC, as inexplicably locked FPS on consoles.
    What can I say, knowingly gave the boys from ninja theory, did just super. Finally DmC of stupid math was complete, properly organized game. Sobsno vydrachivaniya SSS element itself remained, but with a new combat system receiving this rating was a million times more intuitive and fun.
  22. Jan 28, 2013
    I've been a DMC fan since Dante's Awakening on the PS2, and I suffered through DMC4's Nero and complete BS backtracking like everyone else. This "reboot" features elements from both while at the same time providing something new. Most of the downvote bombs are from DMC fanboys who can't bear to see their precious setting and characters under a new developer, especially not a Western one. They complain about nitpicky details that no real gamer would ever give a **** about, like the color of the main character's hair. This is seriously a contentious issue with them, that you have to play though the game to get Dante's hair to be white. The combat system is similar, but with some changes; fanboys accuse it of being "dumbed down" -- it's actually just more efficient and I will explain it. What they did was remove the lock-on feature and automate it based on the Dante's direction on the screen. It makes the combat more fluid, you can effectively attack large numbers of enemies at once, and you don't have to constantly click and press the lock-on button for every enemy if you want to use the effective moves. In essence, it's much easier to pay attention to all of the enemies when your camera and your weapons aren't trained on one, which would force you to toggle between them. On the other hand, you do often instead have to hold one of the triggers to switch between angelic/demonic weapons. I think it's a question of taste at that point, since the alternative would be to toggle between them, making it cumbersome to resume using the Rebellion/Guns. Like many other action games, you now dodge with the R and L instead of the jump button. This allows you to dodge attacks from non-locked on enemies with ease, and you never accidentally jump away from an enemy (instead of rolling away). Complaining that this system is "dumbed down" is like saying Windows 7 is a dumbed down version of Windows 8 because you have to click fewer times to get the same things done. Efficiency isn't evil. The game is also "more accessible" in that the DEFAULT difficulty levels are easier than the DEFAULT difficulty levels of previous titles. "Hardcore" gamers and masochists are very welcome to play the one-hit-and-you-die difficulties, but even at Son of Sparda the difficulty is massively cranked up, with more combat scenes added. The Ninja Theory team isn't stupid -- and Capcom held their hand the entire way. It's extremely easy to make a game harder -- just take more damage and place more enemies -- so there's no reason for people to assume that because it's a different developer they weren't capable of doing it. As for the story, it has elements of the original DMC games but with a contemporary twist. The story is essentially 'They Live' with a visit to Fox News and the Slurm factory, which is as ridiculous and over-the-top as any other DMC title, except it's a little more coherent. I have never heard a DMC player tell me honestly that they ever liked, or cared about, the storyline of DMC. DMC3 centered around some tower, a concept clearly just pulled out of someone's ass, and DMC4 was about a powerful religious leader who turned out to be -- hold onto your shorts -- EVIL, and a 20-something half-demon kid who just didn't give a **** until maddam **** gets involved. In short, the stories are equally compelling or non-compelling. I even heard complaints about fan service in this game, because of Kat's (the female foil's) short shorts and constant bending over. Oh really? And what about DMC3's Lady? She had a practically invisible skirt. And Trish? She was as big-titted as always. And DMC4? What about Nero's love interest with the massive bazookas? And the new Lady's ass and cleavage in the cutscenes? The reboot is RIDICULOUSLY tame in the fan service department compared to those games. It's a Japanese TRADITION nowadays to have some level of fan service, and I'd say Ninja Theory largely missed the boat on that opportunity by providing a love interest with plausible proportions. And who cares in the end? Hot women in games are like ducks in a pond. Anyone who complains about fan service is a douche. The one major complaint I DO have about the reboot is the platforming elements and the number of cutscenes. There are way too many platforming stages, especially near the end. HOWEVER, you can cut much of the platforming if you know where you're going, and higher difficulties add more combat scenes to break it up. The remaining platforming is a speed trial for which you're rewarded with a completion time bonus. You also don't have to collect all the orbs more than once! Finally I'd like to note that, aside from DMC4, this is the ONLY DECENT PC PORT OF A CONSOLE ACTION GAME IN EXISTENCE. PC gamers don't have Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden, etc. -- just DMC4 and this reboot. The porting is outstanding, and in sharp contrast to the disaster of DMC3: Special Edition. PS3 gamers can compare this to other games, we can't. This is the best so far. Collapse
  23. Jan 28, 2013
    This is a really good game good graphics story and characters!
    don't know what people are crying about, this is the first devil may cry game I have played and it is awesome, great graphics with 100-150 fps and something interesting happening every corner I would recommend to fast paced action lovers, would give a 10 but had problems with install.
  24. Jan 29, 2013
    At first I wasn't going to buy this game. I thought Bleh I hate that new Dante look. After a small boredom spell I broke down and bought it. Honestly it is a prequel with a modern day twist. A lot of the modern day technology we use today didn't exist then so it brought the series up to speed. It took a classic genre with a classic character and breathed new and vibrant life into. Whoever said the writing is bad doesn't know anything about the character. The characters dialogue fits him to a T. The story and the undertones are amazing. As well as the allegories it subtly hid in. I think this game deserves the critic score it got because all in all I was really impressed even after coming in with very low hopes. I loved the game and I applaud the studio. I would love for then to continue the series from that game. To me it has potential for a game of the year nomination. Expand
  25. Jan 29, 2013
    It's really amazing. NT show unbeliviable skill of making levels and boses. They choose great music for game (especially Noisia). Not so bad plot and dynamic. I was sitting with opened mouth - I was really shoked. It's AMAZING!!!
  26. Jan 29, 2013
    Gripping, the intro was such a boost I hoped would not be an anticlimax, but it was through and through amazing, the music with it was a bonus, Combichrist is an amazing choice. The graphics, story, characters and gaming elements all fluid. This is an amazing reboot to a franchise that had become tired and dragged out, much needed and I hope to see more from this now. I fear most negative reviews are old DMC fans who find it hard to move on, somewhat unfair reviews and just very personal views, I am a massive fan of DMC and so are a few of my friends, but them including others new to the franchise all love it. Overall, amazing but personal tastes from others may lead you to think this is a bad game when it clearly is not.

Get it!
  27. Jan 29, 2013
    Get over the "new" Dante people. Seriously, after playing the game to completion and watching the character evolve and change, it's almost as if anyone who just only wanted to see one side of him has something to complain about. Amazing frames on my 550ti, combat is fun, fast paced and the camera flows oh so well with it. There isn't anything about this game that doesn't SCREAM devil may cry. The music choice felt great for getting you pumped as you slash and decimate your demon foes, even though in general I don't like dubsteb. Above all, this game for more was more than worth the buy, even after playing all the other Devil May Cry's. I would even go as far to say just as good as #3, better than 4 and 1. I promise, as long as you're not a close minded, retard who thinks that DMC needs to be a certain way because they said so, you'll love the game and its intense rush it gives. Go ahead, give it shot, see another take on Devil May Cry. Expand
  28. Jan 30, 2013
    Note: The easy-combat-rank-fill which was a main point of protest from old DMC-Fans, as well as several severe (sound) bugs got patched on January 30th (at least for computer). -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I was scared. When I saw the E3 Trailers one year before the actual release I was like; hell - can it even be worse than that DMC4 cash-in? Dante appeared to be a big, overgrown show-off kid. So, I didn't put my hopes up to high when I picked up DMC. I started the game and - like many other old-fashioned DMC fans I **** my nose when I first experienced the new combat system. BUT: I kept cool and decided to try the game before condemning it - in the end DMC really surprised me in a positive way. The combat system: While I always did love love the style system - this new kind of combat really kicks nuts once you get a hang on it. The weaponswitching has never been as fluent before. While it is true - early missions don't require a lot of special moves - the new system allows you to make combat an art. Weapons really complement each other. Especially AoE-air fight got a serious improvement. Dante: While I didn't like his concept back at the E3 presentation, the final release really did please me. He is young, he is unexperienced - but he has big mouth and the self confidence we're used to know from old Dante. He kindly lacks the humor we all used to love, but he definitely is "a type". The Story: We get to know about Dante's and Vergil's past, their youth and we experience how Dante is forced into the demonkiller-role. I don't wanna spoil anything here, so I'll hint on the setting; the developers took the main idea from and old Movie "They live!" (1988) : A world that is not what it looks like only a few have the chance, well rather the possibilities to see through the Veil society and norms blur the realty with. I'm no fan of that romantic marxistic idea to fight the "bad capitalism", but DMCs developers really had the balls to make this philosophic and critical game. The design: I really don't understand how some people can cry about the look, I set everything to ultra and it looks great on my 42″ TV. Especially the Nimbus (demon-world) is an eye catcher. Dang! I couldn't get my chin back up when I first saw the walls implode in front of me, trying to catch 'n squash me. Music: As good as in any DMC. Bottomline: Taking all these things into account I'm giving DMC 10/10. People who hate this game do hate it because the want to hate it. The new Dante lacks humor, yes but people continuously forget - this is young Dante who's new to the business, not the relaxed old top dog who's feeling completely invincible. The story is great, so is 2 world-concept. The visuals really fit the mood, as does the sound. With the latest patch DMCs only real flaws (too easy to achieve combo scores) and some (sound) bugs have been removed, leaving it a game I really can recommend to new players as well old DMC fans. Expand
  29. Jan 30, 2013
    so sum it up, Im a devil may cry fan, and when i saw the preview of this game i was a little pissed off coz i thought they f**ked up Dante, but i was sooo wrong, this game is f**kin badass!!! awesome game play, crazy graphic, super creative, Ninja Theory really nailed it, they took a risk changing DMC and it paid off.. so badass I dont even care that it doent follow the previous DMC structure, this is now my favourite DMC game!! for all DMC fans out there, give this game a chance.. it is simply a pure badass game.. only thing i would like to add is that i wish this game was alittle longer... Expand
  30. Jan 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a long-time Devil May Cry fan, and I enjoyed DmC immensely. Although I still rank DMC3 as the best of the series, I think this comes in a close second for me, easily beating out DMC4. To get the most obvious issue people have taken with the game out of the way first, Dante is still Dante. His dialogue is largely reminiscent of DMC3, and he is still an entertaining character, even with the cosmetic changes. I would have preferred it if he'd followed the original Dante in having a less foul mouth, but oh well...

While the combo system is not as good as the series high-point in 3, it is a lot of fun, and there is no shortage of ways to put the hurt on your demonic foes. The initial difficulty levels offered are a bit on the easy side, rather like DMC4, but things get more interesting on the higher settings. Level design is also fantastic, with no two stages feeling the same, and a very dynamic game world.
    The story is probably the best in the series, with characters that feel much more human, ironic since Dante no longer contains any human blood. The moment when Kat is captured and Dante can do nothing to stop it because he is trapped in Limbo was perhaps the best emotional moment I've seen in a DMC game, far out-doing anything with Nero and Kyrie. Ninja Theory makes its share of missteps, but on the whole, I was pleased with what I saw, and drawn in to the game world, despite coming in with the reservations of a long-time Dante fan.

From the point of view of a series fan, it was surprising an entertaining for me to see all of the nods Ninja Theory made to the original series, including a boss fight that was clearly meant to recreate one of the best boss fights from DMC3.

On a purely technical note, the game runs well. I don't have a monster of a gaming rig, in fact, I ran it on a laptop, but I've had no issues with slowdown or the like. All in all, I found DmC Devil May Cry to be a thoroughly enjoyable gaming experience, and worthy to carry the Devil May Cry title. Despite my initial reservations, I was fully immersed in the world Ninja Theory had created by the end of the first level. Considering the very real risk of stagnation that was facing the Devil May Cry series after 4, I feel that Capcom should be rewarded for trying to give the fanbase a new game instead of a retread of the old ones (of course, they also gave us the HD collection if that is really all you want...). It's a shame that the Devil May Cry fans have so roundly condemned this title without even giving it a chance, because it certainly deserves better from us. I think that any Devil May Cry fan ought to give this one a shot. Note: I would normally give this a 9, but considering all of the user reviews trashing the game unfairly, I decided to try and counteract that a little by giving the game a full 10.
  31. Jan 28, 2013

1. Jun 10, 2013
    It’s an awesome game, despite its flaws. Whether you like the young Dante or not, is purely a matter of personal taste. But that’s not an excuse to ignore this gem. [March 2013]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    DMC: Devil May Cry sublimates the best of the genre and conquest PC user with a fast-paced and eye-catching title, made of pure action.
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    Graphical flaws and overly linear gameplay aside, DmC is a solid first installment in the relaunched franchise.