DOFUS PC

7.2

1. Aug 1, 2012
    I played this game for years and was very addicted, so there are definitely many, many great things about the gameplay and social aspects. I eventually quit, however, because as you get into the very high levels of the game, there are only two ways to play: sub more accounts and play multiple characters simultaneously to build up your team and conquer dungons; or scrape the barrel and hopeI played this game for years and was very addicted, so there are definitely many, many great things about the gameplay and social aspects. I eventually quit, however, because as you get into the very high levels of the game, there are only two ways to play: sub more accounts and play multiple characters simultaneously to build up your team and conquer dungons; or scrape the barrel and hope your friends have characters that are complementary and can help you finish the requisite dungeon. Since many rare drops are directly related to the zone and monster you fight your options for dropping good loot are limited. Having said that, there's more than one way to get yourself the gear you want. You can try to play the market or level some professions and then charge people for your services. However, all of this is slow, tedious, and plodding labour, ultimately deterring from the fun of the experience. My recommendation: play until you get tired of the grind then find something else :) Expand
  2. John
    May 2, 2007
    Very "Pretty" game, played the game for 3months+ got lvl 100+ level would tell my friends about this game. tho i would rather play runescape than this (more challaging).
  3. ATPete
    Jun 1, 2009
    I like to rate things sensibly. So a 6 is by no means bad, but by no means is it any better than 'sort of good'. There's a lot to like about this game - the only implementation of strategy RPG mechanics in an online game, challenging PvP due to this, charming graphics, a multitude of careers, mounts and pets and 12 distinct classes. The average rating comes from the I like to rate things sensibly. So a 6 is by no means bad, but by no means is it any better than 'sort of good'. There's a lot to like about this game - the only implementation of strategy RPG mechanics in an online game, challenging PvP due to this, charming graphics, a multitude of careers, mounts and pets and 12 distinct classes. The average rating comes from the unnecessarily cruel amount of grinding you have to do for levelling up, advancing careers and dropping items to craft equipment. That, and the developers seem a little confused and haven't expanded the game for a year. Overall it's well worth checking out if you're looking for something different. Collapse
  4. Jul 17, 2011
    Great little game! Quaint, small download, easy to play, great social element, great battle mechanics. Gets tedious eventually but then all games do. Combat, to me, feels light years better than the vast majority of MMOs, as does the natural feel of the social element. Class! :)
  5. May 27, 2015
    The game at the very beginning was like a fishing hook something once you bite it you'll never get your mouth back, but since this time every new content in the game seems like a let down by the management team/designer
  6. Sep 21, 2015
    I played this game for a lot of years and I enjoyed it very much, I fonded one of the biggest guilds in my server, I was part of the Mercenary clan, and all kind of stuff, I was even parto of the Mod. team.

I have to say it's a really addicting game with very good social features and that's what differences the game from others. The game itself takes way to long and in order to get more powerful you'll have to start playing with simultaneous accs, wich is boring, because you loose that social touch the game has.

If you have enough time to play it (I mean like 5 hours free a day minimun) you should at least give it a try, but if not don't bother at all, you'll get bored and end up quiting and playing a more rewarding game, because it will take you a couple of hours to get done only one dungeon, when in any other MMORPG you can do a lot of things in two hours.

1. Oct 18, 2012
    I must admit that I was a bit full of trepidation when trying out Dofus for the first time, having liked Wakfu so much and being worried that its predecessor would turn out to be more basic or unpolished. I'm surprised and happy to report the exact opposite, and that I like Dofus' fun approach to traditional MMORPG gameplay even more than Wakfu's open-ended sandbox and social features, which is saying a lot.
  2. AceGamez
    Purely as a game, it's one of those titles that takes a little time getting to grips with the controls and the basic plotlines, but it is time well spent that can result in hours of inside-out pant-wearing hilarity.
  3. Computer Games Magazine