Dominions II: The Ascension Wars PC

7.9

Mar 6, 2004
    This is the most addictive, most incredible, most fun strategy game I have ever played, and I have played them all. EVERY SINGLE ONE EVER. This is so much richer in gameplay, detail, originality, and atmosphere than any other strategy game I've played that I could just VOMIT.
  2. Janne
    Mar 7, 2004
    Wonderful game. I have not played nearly all strategy games, but this is the best of the lot. If you ever loved Master of Magic, try this out! There are not that many killer strategies, but versus AI many are still found... Just remember that humans have answers for those! Check the publisher's site, for the patch adds much, including modding... And you can get the walkthrough from Wonderful game. I have not played nearly all strategy games, but this is the best of the lot. If you ever loved Master of Magic, try this out! There are not that many killer strategies, but versus AI many are still found... Just remember that humans have answers for those! Check the publisher's site, for the patch adds much, including modding... And you can get the walkthrough from there, with which you can learn the basics. Expand
  3. AlexP.
    Jan 13, 2004
    Probably the best turn based strategy game in memory. If you can get past the clunky interface and lack of documentation you will find it quite worthwhile.

1. Computer Games Magazine
    Enjoying Dominions II involves marshalling the power of your imagination to breathe life into all the detail, which is what gaming is all about when it was played on tabletops. If you accept this basic premise, there's no fantasy game more epic, varied, and vivid than Dominions II. [Feb 2004, p.82]
  2. A game that offers tremendous depth but also has an unwieldy user interface and a prodigious amount of micromanagement.
  3. PC Gamer
    An awesome achievement, and if you can make the time investment, you'll be amply rewarded...If you have a high tolerance for micromanagement, you'll love the depth of gameplay. [Apr 2004, p.76]