5.8

1. Oct 19, 2011
    More of the same. A few more hours of gameplay, with a few added features (the gravity gun thing was cool, if a little derivative).If you enjoyed Doom 3, you'll enjoy this. If, like me, you weren't a fan of Doom 3, don't bother with this. I did play it all the way through to give it a fair chance, but literally the first thing I did after winning was click "uninstall".
  2. Aug 12, 2012
    Nerve software needs to stick to console conversions. The story is weak, the modified gameplay is even weaker. The versatility of the new weapons doesn't do much to counteract the major annoyances of the original Doom 3, which were turned up to eleven in this sequel.
  3. Nov 26, 2013
    Letdown. Simply too short for the full price, introducing us the double barreled shotgun in the third installment. Now where they aiming HL2 with the Grabber? I cant tell. But if they did, they destroyed theyr own chemistry. It felt uninspired and slapped quickly together for the bucks...

1. The game we were all hoping Doom 3 was going to be in the first place. It just took a few more months and the help of Nerve Software to get there. The difficulty is much higher now, but with the added power of the double-barrel shotgun and the innovative uses of the grabber, plus the insanely cool artifact gameplay balances out nicely.
    While RoE provides much more interesting and tactically useful environments, it still doesn't quite offer the challenges we've become accustomed to with shooters like "Far Cry" and "Half-Life 2."
  3. It adds enough new weapons and enemies to make the expansion feel like a solid companion to the original. If Doom 3 left you wanting more, you'll find what you're looking for in Resurrection of Evil.