8.9

1. RichieB.
    Oct 24, 2004
    Very disappointed in the game. I don't see how people can rate this a 10. Graphics and audio are awesome but didn't get pulled into the game. Waiting for Half Life 2.
  2. Aug 19, 2012
    The original and best. Still the only game that can make me jerk around in my chair like an actor playing a video game in a movie. It's tough, fun, scary, long, and iconic. Me and my friends lived in the sticks without access to internet when it was released, so I never even played deathmatch. I'm sure I missed out. Anyway, test your oldschool PC gaming friends to do an impression of theThe original and best. Still the only game that can make me jerk around in my chair like an actor playing a video game in a movie. It's tough, fun, scary, long, and iconic. Me and my friends lived in the sticks without access to internet when it was released, so I never even played deathmatch. I'm sure I missed out. Anyway, test your oldschool PC gaming friends to do an impression of the sound Doomguy makes running through lava. Collapse

1. A dark, disturbing game. And while it may not bring anything new to the genre, it can create obsession-level loyalty if you tend not to look beyond the barrel of a gun.
  2. In addition to multiple difficulty settings and configurable graphics and controls, DOOM II features online support. You can challenge opponents via modem, LAN or a supported IPX protocol to a brutal, no holds barred deathmatch competition.
  3. PC Gamer
    Go ahead and buy Doom II - if you think you can take the heat. [Dec 1994, p.134]