Doom II PC

8.9

1. RichieB.
    Oct 24, 2004
    Very disappointed in the game. I don't see how people can rate this a 10. Graphics and audio are awesome but didn't get pulled into the game. Waiting for Half Life 2.
  2. Mar 27, 2012
    Best classic ever. This is one of the few games that still stumps me no matter how many times I play it. And the only game to make me scream bloody murder while mowing down a room full of imps (or having a room full of imps appear behind me). This game has hardcore nostalgic value for me, I grew up with this, Wolfenstein, and many games alike; but Doom was always my favorite. The mazes areBest classic ever. This is one of the few games that still stumps me no matter how many times I play it. And the only game to make me scream bloody murder while mowing down a room full of imps (or having a room full of imps appear behind me). This game has hardcore nostalgic value for me, I grew up with this, Wolfenstein, and many games alike; but Doom was always my favorite. The mazes are so complicated and twisted, you never know when you're going to be teleported back to the beginning or in the middle of a room filled to the brim with Imps, Cacodemons, Lost Souls, Chaingunners, or worse... Hell Knights. This game never ceases to get old for me. Collapse

1. A dark, disturbing game. And while it may not bring anything new to the genre, it can create obsession-level loyalty if you tend not to look beyond the barrel of a gun.
  2. In addition to multiple difficulty settings and configurable graphics and controls, DOOM II features online support. You can challenge opponents via modem, LAN or a supported IPX protocol to a brutal, no holds barred deathmatch competition.
  3. PC Gamer
    Go ahead and buy Doom II - if you think you can take the heat. [Dec 1994, p.134]