6.4

1. Nov 1, 2013
    The basis for a succes was there, but looks like at Valve they have stopped caring about this game as the development has slowed down to a crawl and it's taking waaaaaay to long for them to update the game, fix the plethora of bugs, fix the awful matchmaking system, add new heroes and new game modes. To add insult to injury, they have absolutely no respect for their player base and refuse to communicate with them at all.
    The game has reached a peak of 550k players online 4 months ago, and it has since stopped growing, a sign that you can only keep people interested with cosmetic items for so long.
  2. Sep 12, 2013
    The game is quite fun for a few games every 100 games played, the problem is the matchmaking is terrible.
    Playing with people who don't speak your language and have 450 pings makes for a bad game.
    The game needs a ladder or some form of progression, the games feels shallow unless you're in a pro team, then it has lots of support.
    dota often has 7x less spectators than league of legends
    that says a lot.
    most people in dota have 4-5 accounts for trading and queue skipping, this makes the game look bigger than it is. Theirs only 10% of people logged in who are actually playing in game, most idle in chat or trading.
    The best thing about dota is the graphics are great so i do hope dota wins but they need to support the casual community.
  3. Jul 30, 2013
    Background: I'm a big Dota gamer since Dota1, played Dota2 for 1k++ games since beta till launching Positive: + much more balanced hero compared to dota1 + more distributed hero usage compared to dota1 + active community + incredible concept of changing appearances with customize clothings etc Negative: - horrible communities that focus only on "winning", if you make a mistake/newbie then you'll get horrible f*** words. I pity new people who join the game. The game is no longer game for fun.
    - horrible matchmaking, you won't get matched with people similar with your skill. So the game will be very unbalanced for the player skills. You can play 8 games and get straight win because the enemies are too weak, and likewise.
    - reports are not thouroughly analyzed. Example: 4 party team me (outsider). They died and kept feeding, I advice them with really polite and gentle words, they are pissed because they lose, they report, I get muted (because they're 4 people reports versus me alone).
    - too many pauses to wait people with horrible connections, 1 game minimum a 5-10 minutes pauses (of total 30-40 minutes of game play 30% of your time waiting people to reconnect)
    - no give-up for "too obvious" game that you will lose, making the game boring
  4. Nov 1, 2013
    I hoped this game would get me really hooked up for a long long time but for my surprise when I was going to play my first match I discovered that the community is really unsupportive not beginner-friendly I just need 3 words to describe this game WORST COMUNNITY EVER
  5. Sep 13, 2013
    The game is very unbalanced, most of the time a pool of around 20 out of the 100 heroes are picked. Not even because they're the most fun, but because they will win you the game. It might not deserve quit as low as what I have given it but trust me, it's not worth your time.
  6. Nov 1, 2013
    This game has been abandoned by the developers for other projects and further micro-transactions. Furthermore, Valve has kept a radio silence, even when it would benefit the game by saying something, anything. The infamous community is only riled up when treated in this way, dragging the game as a whole down to abyssal levels.
  7. Nov 1, 2013
    They still haven't reached Wc3 parity, they don't talk to the community EVER, there is no ranked ladder at all, the game is full of bugs which have not even attempted to be fixed. They constantly release patches which only contain hats, they don't even pay enough attention to the game to release annual holiday patches. For example they completely forgot about Halloween in Dota 2 while adding Halloween content in Tf2 and CS:GO. Overall the Dota game in Wc3 is a masterpiece but Dota 2 is a garbage can due to Valves apathetic development. They are only making this game to milk people for money by adding hats and tickets. Expand
  8. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is generally terrible, with also an obnoxious and toxic community. If you are a new player or possibly interested, STAY AWAY

* Horrible community, most of which doesn't even hurl insults at you in english.
    * Thoroughly unbalanced matches, win or lose, making the first 5 minutes of the game interesting but the remaining 40 minutes a snoozefest
    * Awful game balance. Valve
    should fire whoever is in charge of game balance.
    * Puzzling or just stupid game mechanics and interface, like not being able to zoom out or "denying" allies
    * Announcers, sounds and voices that encourage toxic communication

If your cup of tea is being shouted at for 40 minutes by some random on the internet while being bored to sleep, this game is for you!
  9. Aug 6, 2013
    I've tried it quite a bit. Gave it a fair chance. Not impressed. Pros: - It's a MOBA challenging addictive. - Very good user interface outside of the game. Cons: - Chaotic compared to other MOBAs (can't even tell what's passable terrain). - Too few improvements over the Warcraft 3 engine DOTA. - Crappy community. - No solo ranking system. - Extremely unbalanced. - Matches are almost exclusively decided in 10 minutes, yet you have to player longer and finish the one-sided match. Expand
  10. Aug 7, 2013
    Dota 2 is an unfinished unpolished game totally lacking in any kind of balance or more importantly user friendliness it is one of the worst games I have ever played in terms of easy of play with no guarantee of a fair match or people not quitting/people being of an equal level. Surely they know to group people ranked on ability not account level. A total waste of time in its current state. If you want a reliable competitive game where you know you are going to have a fun game weather you win or loose play halo or cod or league but by no means give any of your time to Dota 2. I have never lost but had fun in that game Wait 6 months and try again. Expand
  11. Nov 1, 2013
  12. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dispate the fact that the game was released it's still in beta. Why it's still in beta? There are still missing heroes from the original dota (heroes that have not been ported yet), there are several missing options in the option tab, you have to edit some cfg to change them, game is poorly optimized (memory leaks that force you to restart the it after 1 single game), there are graphical artefacts caused by the engine, matchmaking is a joke (they explain how mmr works but that only shows how an 1500 mmr player end up in same team with a 3000 mmr player something that is completly wrong), when a hero spawn the game freeze, if you alt+tab the game in win xp and try to get back you end up with a blank screen and only way to get back ingame is to end task dota 2, some heroes are overpowered big time and in the last 2-3 patches nothing has been done to adress this problem, drop system is badly implemented trools, flamers, feeders get legendary and mythical items while decent and good players barely get a rare from time to time, 3 posible reports week is a bad joke for someone that play 5 games day because on average he will have to report 1 player game, mute system is badly implemented cause it cripples a team game cause the one muted is matched with unmuted players and he can't talk/answer to them, dispate the fact that the game has not implemented heroes from dota 2 valve works on cosmetics, extremely poor qualy hero graphic (abadon, omg extremely bad quality base graphic for this hero), no communication from devs part, devs refuse to listen comunity (take for example diretide 2013 there is a topic with more the 200 pages and no dev answered if there will be diretide 2013 or not, not that they answer to something), "balance patches" that don't balance anything but make some overpowered abilities even more stronger (aghanim buff for doom) and add useless things (aghanim for disruptor, disruptor is a support hero he will not get the farm for aghanim during an average game...). Those are the main reasons that make me score 2/10, it's so low because that's the score i gave to any game that is officialy released dispate the fact that it's in beta and has tones of problems. Expand
  13. Nov 1, 2013
    The developers of this game do not care the slightest about their customers. Expect zero communication with the community and hardly any content updates. Avoid this developer at all costs.
  14. Nov 1, 2013
    A failed attempt to copy an old WC3 custom map that somehow manages to have less features than said map. Dota 2 is nothing but a steaming pile of designed to nickel and dime idiots who buy into it because of retarded Internet "meme" culture suggesting Valve is anything but a scam making profit from others' work since their conception. Frequent server crashes, low-quality cosmetics priced at $35 dollars, and the most retarded "community" in all of gaming is all you can expect from this turd. Dead game. Expand
  15. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good game but:
    1) cosmetic items more important for devs than new heroesgood matchmaking systemevents in game
    2) not much official info from devs for users
    3) there is no ladder system, there was skill brackets, but Valve delete this
    etc.
  16. Jul 17, 2013
    I really love this game, so many improvements have been made over Dota1. Juking around trees is easier and feels more natural, smooth animations allow for much easier last hitting, beautiful visual effects with the exception of a few hero models but the game is still treated like a beta by the devs so they're constantly working on improving things. The match making is a bit flawed at the moment but it will get fixed. The pay model is great as you have the hole game for FREE without having to buy anything which may give you even 1% advantage over the enemy which is great. Most of the cosmetics are great and those that are implemented and hated on by the community get removed(of course who bought them will keep them though). I can talk about a lot of things but I just wanted to cover a few things Dota2 has improved from Dota1. It's a very fun and challenging game which I recommend you try out(but first please play the tutorial). Expand
  17. Aug 4, 2013
    I started playing this coming from League of Legends since I wanted to try something new. I highly do not recommend this game unless you know what it is going into it, it is extremely unfriendly to new users and you will probably get flamed every game even bot games. If you do play or have played DOTA 1, I recommend it since it is a nice improvement on the original. If you play/played League of Legends, DOTA 2 will probably get you to start playing League of Legends again as it did for me. While most people think the simplified stats make it easier, I find that it just means if your primary stat is intelligence, you're getting screwed late game.

Pros:
    - Very in-depth for this type of game and the champion interaction is refreshing.
    - In-game graphics are a lot better than League of Legends and the client loads significantly faster.
    - Truly Free to play since you don't need to unlock champions with any game currency or what not.
    - In-game voice chat works well most of the time, although the sensitivity slider has been very buggy.
    - Made me appreciate League of Legends more.

Cons:
    - Community is the worst since... well... ever...
    - The game has a ridiculously steep learning curve and is painful to climb.
    - Every champion is overpowered at first so that no thought has to be put into balancing, then late game anyone that relies on abilities gets the shaft since they don't scale with your stats.
    - Turrets hardly seem to do any damage and I've seen turret dives at very early levels.
    - Losing gold upon death just means you are even further behind then before making the game quickly snowball in the winning team's favor.
    - Denying minions and turrets is also aggravating as heck when you are short on gold.
    - Only one map and one mode.
    - League of Legends has Runes and Masteries, while not very powerful alone, they do add a lot of customization that dota 2 needs since the only customization at the moment is purely aesthetic.
    - The camera sucks... period. It never zooms back far enough so you end up having to take focus off of your character just to auto-attack.
    - Roaming the map is annoying at times since trees are misleading upon which you can walk through and which you can't.

Overall: If you played DOTA 1 and loved it, play DOTA 2. If you have never played DOTA or even LoL, try League of Legends first.
  18. Sep 17, 2013
    one of the most boring games i ever played. honestly.
    also the online community consitsts of 99% garbage talking kids. not sure how anyone can spend more than 4 hours on this.

better get warcraft 3 and the original dota mod.
  19. Aug 12, 2013
    I wouldn't mind this game if it wasn't for the community the first online game i played and this is day one i don't do too good not bad but not good and some guy just lays into me so want i'm not perfect at the start so i try again it gets worse and worse until i can't take it anymore.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is not as exciting or fun as others would make it seem. It is incredibly unbalanced, and you will be forced to lose game after game. Of course, this is all while you are being forced to sit through the whole game and get helplessly demolished. More than anything, DOTA 2 is a massive waste of time. There are many other fun and competitive games that are much better alternatives to this game. Expand
  21. Nov 1, 2013
    sets and couriers! more! Sets and couriers on every upade! No Events, Ive played on that ****ing map about 3000 hours, what about new stuff? One hero in 1 year. No Events, no feedback
  22. Nov 7, 2013
    No ladder, no ranks, no rewards. Good players are already abandoning match making to play on EEL.
    No new heroes for months. Tired as hell to play with the same heroes over and over again. And against the same heroes. Mostly with the same item builds.
    No Halloween event. Not making it for your most popular steam game, that's the way.
  23. Nov 4, 2013
    "Dota 2" by Valve: + "DotA" legacy... - Bad matchmaking system for solo players. - Bugs. - Lags. - Bad balance. - Hidden profiles. - No advanced statistics. - Cartoon graphics. - Terrible patch 6.79. - No useful updates. - Too aggressive community. - No in-game support. - No events. - No media content. - Terribly buggy torrent-browser Steam. - Too many gift boxes! - Too many hats!
    - Too many donate things!
    - And OTHER many many many bad things...

Very sad, but now the "Dota 2" looks like a game created only for receiving money players.
    Good Job, VOLVO. Next month i will play "League of LEXUS" and "Heroes of NISSAN"!!
  24. Aug 16, 2013
    Re-review. I tried to get into Dota 2. I can get past the gloomy graphics and all the vocal toxic players but I simply don't have fun Dota 2. Owning people in dota2 doesn't feel good. The animations in this game are smooth and look good, but skill sounds and animations don't make me feel good, there's just something missing in Dota 2. Honestly, I feel restricted, I feel like I'm playing in a box and it makes the pace feel slow.

I have to praise it's item and stat system though. There are a of items with interesting actives. Also leads don't mean a lot, you can come back from anything and with buy-back unlike other MOBAs which have many games which are drawn out, boring, predictable, sometimes just a facepalm montage and tedious to play. This game has had tons of time and alterations so I doubt the balance is bad. I felt like I really wasn't giving it enough credit because I didn't enjoy it.
  25. Jul 30, 2013
    I was not too impressed by this game. I am a big fan of the old DOTA, and also HON. It feels like you have constant lag in this game, and the graphic ain't that much to praise. No this is a no go, I rather go play DOTA 1 to be completely honest.
  26. Aug 24, 2013
    What a huge let down! The game is not engaging at all. Boring, and carries with it too many issues from the WC3 original. Fan boys rate this really high, but don't believe all the hype.This game lost a huge opportunity to improve on the MOBA genre.
  27. Oct 19, 2013
    Would you like to get yelled at by angry nerds while playing video games? Then this game is for you. Most hostile gaming community in the world. The players are: Egotistic, egocentric, unsporting, aggressive, hostile, uncaring, mean, mistrusting, immature, callous, apathetic and incredibly pretentious while at every loss prompting everyone inside the current game to "Report player X" if someone on their team was even remotely new to the game or did any other action not sanctified by them, be it going in what lane you want, not purchasing courier/wards or simply just had an unlucky run/getting cross-classed. Expand
  28. Oct 21, 2013
    DOTA II has a horrible Community that makes the game far less enjoyable than it could be. New players are turned away because of this and older players have a worse time leading to further negativity towards other players.

The graphics aren't the worst, but they aren't that good. For a game that thrives on detailed team-play and champion strategies it stunts the potential. The only
    reason this game could be considered as more difficult than other games in this genre would be the graphics and lingering champion game-play. The graphics make it difficult to see what exactly is going on and doesn't get much easier as you progress. Pretty much every champion has at least one ability that will root/stun/slow ect. for around 5 seconds. When a game has that kind of kill security it doesn't matter if the champions are Balanced.

I've played many other Game in this genre and besides HoN they were all much more enjoyable than DOTA II. When I first played a game or two It was extremely easy compared to league of legends or other similar games. It may be more difficult to see what's going on but the spells are so overpowered on all the champions that it was easy coming from game that have underpowered spells.

The worst thing About DOTA II would be the Item system that has been Implemented. It's just ridiculous how it's not user friendly at all. This game has such a bad In-Game and Community Experience that players Uninstall it after playing 1-3 matches. The fact that this game was for sale when it had been released and is now free to play should tell you all you need to know about it. I recall having been gifted the game through Steam and then having loads of copies put into my inventory to give to other steam members. It was just sad.
  29. Nov 1, 2013
    No communication, too many unfixed as well as unadressed bugs and a hats only policy justify this rating.
    Furthermore, the greedy actions of the company and the undesireable balance make this game a real joke and nothing but a waste of time. I highly suggest to play League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth instead.
  30. Nov 1, 2013
    Game is fun, but developer has beyond awful customer service, refuses to communicate with customers. Even the best game isn't worth playing when the developers stab you in the back. Please consider League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, both are fun alternatives with superior communities and customer service.
  31. Nov 2, 2013
    This game was good for a while, then overtime, Valve's lack of communication with the community and corporate greed ruined this game. League of Lesbians have Halloween event; TF2 (which has a 50k playerbase compared to the 500k Dota 2 playerbase) have its Halloween event. Valve really disappointed me when it prioritized "hats" (cosmetic items, couriers, tournament tickets, etc)
  32. Nov 6, 2013
    game is good. company doesn't care about the community which has resulted in this user score. if you want to try something for a short time, the game is fun, but Valve has displayed that they have little interest in supporting the community.
  33. Aug 22, 2013
    been a fan of the game since warcraft days. Can't fault the game play at all. HOWEVER, it literally disconnects be at least 5 times a GAME. There is NOTHING wrong with my internet nor am i running anything else. i know its free and all but this is TERRIBLE. I've stopped playing looking to start playing on League of Legends.

what a let down, sort it our valve.
  34. Aug 22, 2013
    I am over 300 hours into DoTA 2. The game has it positives and negatives. For me being a solo player, in the end, the negatives outweigh the positives. I do not mind the graphics and the game play. Neither is ground breaking or amazing but I like them. It is nice to have all the heroes available from the start. Too bad over half the heroes are never used. I have tried many of the so called weak underpowered heroes and to be honest, they do have problems. Over-all, it is a well-made game that is very unforgiving to new players. The tutorial is great and helps players to learn the basic laning skills and abilities of each hero. However, once you start playing against other people, everything changes. Hopefully you are a patient person or you might end up breaking your monitor in frustration. Part of that frustration comes from the community: very toxic and nasty. The reporting system for the game is a joke which means that the behavior will not change anytime soon. Here is my advice, if you have a group of friends who can log on with you and will work together as a team; then you have the potential to be successful in DoTA 2 and have fun. I am guessing this applies to middle/ high school students and college students with too much time. If you have a job and responsibilities and can only solo play, you might want to pass on this game and find something else. League of Legends has a somewhat nicer community and a better reporting system. The game is a lot more forgiving to new players; however the same problem of needing a group if you want to become ranked still applies. Anyway, play at your own risk if you are a solo player. Expand
  35. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I play dota 1 for 10 years. dota 2 is a very bad copy of the game mechanics are good but lacks a system for calculating statistics more detailed (had to implement by taking example from the game server dota 1 dotalicious, the absolute best ever!). Because the statistics are not carefully considered in all respects, and the games are not properly balanced, some players are ridiculous. It also lacks a system of more detailed report of the moderators and active (arrive ban for no reason).
    A report must be done according to minutes of the game (by checking the replay) and not because a player is annoying you. There is also lack of statistical reports received to check if the player is a recidivist. The reports received must remain on the listing so you can avoid some player. It lacks the ability to swap heroes! The objects to buy are thrown bulk (strength, intelligence, agility, support, all at once!). The break is ridiculous anyone can resume the game (there dovrebber be guaranteed a break of 30 seconds and extendable from your allies than 30 seconds each with a command to the need), usable only once, and the possibility of reactivating only by those who has begun the game break.
    Overall, in short, is a real disappointment I was hoping to find (after closing dotalicious), a game of dota competent, accurate, instead I find myself with a child's play ...
    Truly awful in everything!!
  36. Nov 1, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE...................
    TAKE YOUR HATS BACK..................
    No diretide 2013, valve abandoned the game............
    VOLVO DISBAND..................
  37. Nov 1, 2013
    Garbage match making, no ladder system, no communication with the devs and the community...TOO MANY FUKIN HATS AND NOT ENOUGH FOCUS ON GAME CONTENT and fixes. They gave us a big "F U" with not releasing Diretide and not saying a single word to us AND THEN releasing 74mb patch of HATS..how insulting. I dont even care much about diretide, but the way they handled it..all they have to do was say "no diretide this year" and move on..but not updating the Official Dota blog for 43 days and the lack of communication lame..

ALL I REALLY WANT IS BETTER MATCH MAKING PLEASE and maybe a little interaction with the community..
  38. Nov 1, 2013
    no diretide no updates no new heroes for agies fo 0 lallalalalallalallalal
    give tiretide give tiretide give tiretide give tiretide give tiretide give tiretide give tiretide give tiretide give tiretide give tiretide
    NEVER FORGEET give tiretide give tiretide
  39. Nov 1, 2013
    Absolutely zero communication between developers and the player-base. Diminishing community. Huge delay between patches, updates and bug-fixes. Annual events canceled without any type of announcements. Nothing more to say tbh.
  40. Nov 1, 2013
    Terrible developers. If you played tfw before mannconomy you know for sure where this is all going. Hats, hats, and more hats. Bugs bugs, more bugs. No content, no content, no content.

Into the trash it all goes
  41. Nov 1, 2013
    Seems they may be abandoning it a tad. It has got a tad money graby and whoreish compared to their other titles. Where was Diretide? I wouldn't even be bothering writing this review. But no word on the event either way. Then a 70mb 'hat patch' is a real slap in the face to the players. Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide!!! Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide!!!
    Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide!!!
    Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide Diretide!!!
  42. Nov 2, 2013
    No updates.
    No new heroes.
    No ladder system.
    No events.
    Only hats, hats, hats, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS and HATS.
  43. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  44. Nov 2, 2013
    the game just for of profit. No new heroes, new maps, new events, garbage matchmaking
    and report system. Only sales cosmetic Items.Good job Valve. Waiting for Blizzard dota.
  45. Nov 2, 2013
    1000 bugs
    no region lock
    no bot updates

only hats

valve doesn't even do the hats themselve

good game, bad developers
  46. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve does nothing. They doesn t care about the game, they only want to get money from it. They are lazy mother Ty for new heroes and Halloween mode.!
  47. Nov 2, 2013
    No region locks.
    Time-consuming pointless game, with a toxic community.
    It's not fun, it won't lead you anywhere, it'll try to make you addicted to it and ever-miserable for being so.
    Nothing to see here except vanity.
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    Where is my Diretide, Volvo? Where new heroes? Why so many useless sets and items?
    I waited a long time Halloween in Dota 2 and what I got in the end? Few sets and tickets!!!
    Good job Volvo, good job!
  49. Nov 6, 2013
    The tutorial is commendable but for those who never play RTS or RPG games it's still confusing as hell. There's no dexterity required for this game as it's purely tactics (yes, tactics not strategy like chess) but with the wealth of characters and stupid number of items, it's nearly impossible to even begin to understand this game. Graphics are bad, it's slow and feels unpolished. Boring and overly complex. Expand
  50. Aug 12, 2013
    Ok where do i start witch this game, Poor graphics Buggy The match making is awful the wait time to get into games is shocking the learning curve is mental and the tutorials you get don't really help. Boring to play Items and collectibles are confusing and offer no help. community that play the game are 80% idiots and when you do "report" them for being idiots quitting mid match ect nothing seems to happen and to add to it all the game is so repetitive you will find yourself doing the exact same thing during each of the hour long matches. I gave this game 1 because its free and free games are good......well....was good... Expand
  51. Sep 16, 2013
    I found this game to be to stale. It's just so difficult to enjoy when you have an hour of repetitive gameplay, really reminds me of D3 and that's supposed to be an insult. I noticed that the other players were very rude and hostile to beginners, and really made my experience even more negative.
  52. Sep 21, 2013
    This game get's old really fast. The objectives are linear and boring. When I play a strategy game I usually favorite skirmishes, this game has skirmishes[kind of], but I wouldn't recommend anyone to play them. The A.I. is stupid and does not support the major areas that get attacked. Also, half of the team goes to one corner of the map, while the other goes to the other corner. Yeah, not much to play in here. Expand
  53. Sep 26, 2013
    A great game till you play online.... PUGs are just impossible to win more than 1 in 10 fights, so unless your in a pre-set group your not going to win, which is a shame, because I can see how it would be a lot of fun in a well matched fight.
  54. Oct 9, 2013
    Repetitive, but that's for some reason what a lot of people like. Although there are indeed dozens of heroes to choose from, in my opinion the game gets... boring. Not only that, but to actually PLAY the game without being called a "feeder" you have to play with bots for a week. And heck, I don't like that! I want to jump in the game immediately and have fun, not get swarmed by objectives I have no idea on what to do, or terms I have no idea what they mean. Also, it's just dull... the game takes forever to start in the first place and combat is rather boring. In general, though critics say "superb", I say "whatever". Expand
  55. Nov 1, 2013
    Dota i mean original wc3 was greatest game because of its gameplay. All the dota 2 dev team need to do is just port original concept on new engine and add some cool features. Around 4 years and still not all hero ported and not all mods we have. In the last year they slow down with new heroes and features. But they speed up with "HATS". Nice. Just nice. Second TF. Valve created a machine for making money. They dont actually want dota become greater. They dont want to do something that will show that Dota 2 greatest game. But they need to do it cos dota 2 must be best MOBA game, because its all started from dota. And yes in dota one every 6.x9 version wass added with secret quest. It was a tradition. Diretide can become such tradition. But no, they dont want to celebrate with community. They dont even want to say us "Hey, community, have a nice hollydays". VALVE killed orgignal map and created just a shadow of past grandeur. Expand
  56. Nov 1, 2013
    If I Could base my review on game play and replay ability i would give dota 2 a 10/10 but then again how hard is it to recreate an already perfect game. The main issues with dota 2 are mainly developer related.

I have been playing dota for almost 2 years now and the community has been extremely vocal about the features and aspects they really want to see in the game, yet NOTHING has
    been implemented accompanied with absolutely no communication from valve or the dota 2 developers. For the past few months the main content of this game has been nothing but hats and cosmetic items, this wouldn't be an issue IF the game had the features it really needs but, they are not there and there is no sign of them ever being implemented.

Now out of Beta, dota 2 Still has absolutely no competitive aspect for the general player, there is no ranked games no ladder no MMR system absolutely NOTHING, not only does this result in terrible match making but the game seems to become stale. This feature is an integral part of EVERY succesful competitive game at the moment yet valve chose to ignore it which is a massive mistake in my opinion.

Additionally there are no ingame stats, and basically absolutely no reward for playing the game anymore. It seems as if valve have adopted the idea that hats and cosmetics will keep the community happy without improving the game.

As a result of this most of the community has become complacent and annoyed especially with the recent situation of valve choosing to not implement a Halloween event that had been there in the past without notifying the community.

I do believe Valve are falling short when it comes the the competitive aspect of DOTA and have turned it more into a fashion boutique. In the end if u are looking for a game to show off your items and have some casual fun then dota is the game for you otherwise i would suggest a game like League( As much as it upsets me to say that)
  57. Nov 1, 2013
    I honestly love the game.
    But 4 months of no new decent content and the community going to hell is just pathetic.
    Not a 0, game is better than that. 4
  58. Nov 1, 2013
    What once began as a new era for DotA, filled only with potential and passion for the game, started out with only hopes and dreams for the game and the community, with valve's employees dedication and foresight they were able to develop patch after patch of high quality and entertainment value. As time progressed, however, Valve now only views the game as a giant hole of profit, with the remainder of the space for bugs that haven't been touched since beta (sad, I know). Instead, there now lies weekly hat updates, and a game update every couple of months of so If the developers are feeling it.

Not only is the development side of valve lackluster, but, with the recent community aspirations for the annual 'diretide' event, Valve has now not only ignored the celebratory season, but what is really saddening is their community management/responsiveness when it comes to such events in general. Oh, guess what? We got another hat update today. We were quite openly given the middle finger from Valve.

League of Legends might not be that great of a game, but at least they listen to the community. I won't go as far as to install the game, but now I know where my respect lies.
  59. Nov 1, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  60. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is already DEAD like TF2. Only cosmetiс items which doesnt make any sense. No awesome updates, no ladder, no new heroes. The only thing is to expect is the feeling about HL3.
  61. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is deader than Kim Jong-Il, we barely get any content patches or bug fixes while constantly flooded with out-of-theme hats and cosmetics. 0/10 wouldn't bang
  62. Nov 1, 2013
    Great game but 50% of it is destroyed by a company that doesn't talk to the community, hides player statistics and doesn't implement a ladder system for matchmaking.
  63. Nov 2, 2013
    Apparently Valve likes to just count money after the community funded the entire International 3. Doesn't give two craps about their community. ZEROssssss.
  64. Nov 2, 2013
    No Diretide. No communication with the community from Valve. No new hero in more than 3 months only hats and more hats to make more money. Disband Volvo please.
  65. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. NO Diretide
    NO New Hero
    NO Normal matchmaking system
    New updates is new sets and tickets.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS
    MORE! MORE TICKETS AND HATS! MORE!
  66. Nov 2, 2013
    Broken MM.
    Bad communication with comminity.
    Hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, hats... and tickets only.
    Broken dreams about Halloween 2013.
    Sorry, but your wrong Valve.
    GL
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    NO New Hero
    NO Updates
    NO Normal matchmaking system
    New updates is new sets and tickets[3]
  68. Nov 2, 2013
    I am so disappointed! I dont care if there is no diretide but you HAD to announce that! People was waiting for that crap for 3 days some of them took day off work! Thats just BAD attitude to dota 2 community !
    SHAME ON YOU VALVE! Why cant you be as good as Blizzard for example? You made a HUGE fail this halloween!
    I am not going to buy any keys or sets from now on, until you will write
    an excuse letter! (prev. i spend about 1000 bucks on that!) Expand
  69. Nov 2, 2013
    This Game could be much better, but the Developer from Valve are horrible to support this game. Very bad matchmaking system(experience Player will be in same game with newbies) Very bad reporting system(just useless but really useless report system) 0 Communication from Developer, after 3 Years still 1000+ Bugs in game! If u want a MOBA try leage of legends or Heroes of Neverth, or Blizzard Dota. Expand
  70. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve does nothing. They doesn't care about the game, they only want to get money from it. They are too busy for new heroes and Halloween mode! For example LOL made Absolutly new hero every 2 weeks and valve cant made even 1. It's very sad guys,
  71. Zun
    Nov 3, 2013
  72. Oct 7, 2013
    As stated before first, i gave a 10 points review but by viewing the other users reviews i change mine to 0, and there are 11 reasons.
    1. Matchmaking: The algorithms used by valve are just horrible you don't know who youre gonna play with or if he/she even speaks your language(even if you select just spanish or just english). you can get to play with noobies or with pros and worse you can
    get a mixture of both, so in a game you're a pro and you get a guy that knows how to play 2 that have an idea and 1 that has just started playing and the other team gets 4 good players and 1 that doesn't. thats an example but its even worse than that cause usually you get noobs all the time that think they can play and they dont and the leave, making you lose the just because someone was trolling them or because they got to stressed.

2. Report System: the RS is just lame. it looks like they didn't even thought about it. it gives you3 options either to much talking, abuse of skills, and i dont remember the third xD. this gives a chance to bash the hell out of new players by "pro" players or people who think they are by saying report X person because he is a noob.

3. DotA Gameplay: The original dota was just as harsh as this one. i mean you don't know how to play DotA, don't come and play DotA 2 because your gonna get insulted like never before.

4. Nothing New: It has the same characteristics of DotA 1 except for grapics that are better but the animation problems are still the same,what do i mean by this? in DotA a certain kind of hero let's say i.e. a wizard would lift his arms up then point at one direction and cast a spell then stood there for 1 sec doing nothing that's the spell animation of the hero, now when you actually got to learn how to stop this animation from happening all the way, you might say that you know basics. in DotA 2 you have this same problem but as i have tried there's no stopping some animations, you just have to wait for the 2 sec animation and get pounded while your at it.

5. Shop: I don't know why they changed the shop style, if they didn't change anything else why the shop? DotA players knew what letters to what items to buy, now they're numbers. it completely obliges you to learn all the new numbers and it's just lazy.

6. The Pro Gameplay: DotA stays the same for pros once you get used to the new commands and the shop.

7: Team matchs: Another Matchmaking error, once you get a few players that you qualify as "good" and add them as friends, you can get a team and search with them for matches. This is great if you're on the team. Horrible if you're not. you might be a pro but get to play with 5 people that know DotA and you get 4 of them that don't, Result: POUNDED.

8. Bugs: There are some known bugs out there that you might not know like being in the shadows or a certain kind of spot that even if you're right beside the hero you won't see them, again if you don't know how to play you're screwed.

9. Basics: The tutorial gives you a veeeeeeery small minded picture of what the game really is, it actually gives you one or two good pointers like, last hitting, and buying potions but that's about it. thats not DotA.

10. Microphone: the mic feature is great...if you the language of the people that are speaking it, if not it's just annoying, and worse there are some people whose mics sound ALL THE TIME, like you hear them breathing and stuff like that, just annoying.

11. Community: Again, if you want to play DotA 2, Learn how to play DotA or practice till you can beat the out of Unfair bots, then youre ready to play with people and get ready to be insulted, mistreated, trolled, reported unfairly, screamed at, etc. the community SUCKS. and i mean it. im a pro player and i understand the anger of other players when they get noob players, but i actually surpassed that, now i know that a noob player can be taught, a player that "thinks" he is good, doesn't want to be taught and actually will insult you if you try to give pointers,so in my experience, youre a newbie, say it from the beginning so someone that know how to play helps you but then again, try to beat unfair bots then play with people.

12. Given all of these critics the matchmaking, the report system, the anti-newbie community, the gameplay,etc. i think DotA 2 is a great game for people that know how to play it. but a NIGHTMARE for people that dont.
  73. Nov 1, 2013
    I have been a player for almost 2 years now. At first i was amazed by the state in wich the beta was running. I fell in love with the game and the mechanics. I could handle the russian players en the raging. I wanted to learn more about the gameplay. When i got more and more items in the game i got a purpose, i wanted awesome cosmetics aswell as good gameplay! Diretide in 2012 provided this, i made a lot of friends that im still playing with at this event.

A week ago i got hyped for the awesome halloween event Valve would have made for Dota2. The TF2 events always were fun, and i couldnt wait to return to Diretide. But nothing happened. No communication, no diretide. I and many others got angry and demanded atleast some communication towards the biggest playerbase on Steam.

Just a little more then an hour ago they updated Dota2, with only cosmetics. Just a few cosmetics, while the playerbase is raging about the fact that there is no Diretide event. And jet no communication has been made.

Valve, you have dissapointed me. In my eyes you were the best in communicating and making games software. But after this, i have lost all hope in Valve. In my eyes, you belong right down there with EA, Ubisoft and Activision.
  74. Nov 1, 2013
    Game is hard
    at first, but then it grows on you. I have over 500 wins and 1400 total matches played. MOBA type games need communication and updates from developers and this game has truly become dead because volvo didn't give diretide
  75. Nov 1, 2013
    Very greedy valve.
    95% of the updates is to add items to purchase. During the period of more than 3 years, Valve failed to make the mechanics of the first DotA. Manta Style does not throw most of negative effects, BS silence is not throw flasks and a million others flaws. Where heroes such as PitLord, Techies, TerrorBlade. Сould be said about eternally falling server Valve.
    I hope that
    someday return Blizzard DotA because they have a soul. Valve have only money for big tournaments and items that look worse than skin from LOL for 2$ and soap graphics. Expand
  76. Nov 1, 2013
    Terrible developers which make no communications with its playerbase at all. Atleast tell them what is going on when they ask, you just piss everyone off and they will hate you for it.
  77. Nov 1, 2013
    RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide
  78. Nov 2, 2013
    VALVE JUST IGNORING PLAYERS, thir intrest its only suck off our money.
    p.s. suck my balls steam moderators who banned me 4 GIVEMEDIRETIDE requests
    p.s.s
  79. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is so ass if you think its not ass you should shoot yourself in the head because it is the assest i have ever played. kids saying its the next leauge are lying.
  80. Nov 1, 2013
    Awfull report system, matchmaking is really bad no competitive data is saved like kdr, average gpm etc. Also only cosmetic updates every week no events or new heros
  81. Nov 1, 2013
    HALLOWEEN WHERE IS MY DIRETIDE!!!
    This is the worst game in the history of mankind! Never again will not play it! Valve just inhumane what Halloween is everywhere, and in Dota 2 no!
  82. Nov 1, 2013
    NO DIRETIDE, NO NEW HEROES, NO INFORMATIONS, STUPID MM mamonts . WE dont need your games. WE dont need Half-Life 3. WE dont need DIretide 2013. 3 days and 3 nights we waiting for event. And WE got nothing. I delete dota after 5 yeas playing dota1 and 2 years playi . WE dont need your games. WE dont need Half-Life 3. WE dont need DIretide 2013. 3 days and 3 nights we waiting for event. And WE got nothing. I delete dota after 5 yeas playing dota1 and 2 years playi
  83. Nov 1, 2013
    This game has turned into hats sale. No new heroes, no bug fixes, no communication.
    RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE
  84. Nov 13, 2013
    Gaben i forgive you, I love this game, valve did a great job on makeing this game. IMO far better then any other similair game.. Keep on doing the good stuff valve!
  85. Nov 1, 2013
    Worst pr ever in video game industry. The game may be f2p,but playing the game feels like becoming a slave of Valve. Here's why:

1. Players customers do not deserve to have any information. No twit, no forum post, no facebook post, no blog... nothing. Wait and if Valve wanna give you something; otherwise off.

2. Update priorities always based on hats. Heroes release date determined
    by hats. If hats not ready, won't release new hero. Furthermore, for the past 3 months, except for 1 balancing patch, all updates were about hats.

3. Bug is good for Valve so why fix it?

4. No ladder, bad mmr system, no players rating, wins rate hidden...

Gratz Valve you manage to surpass EA as the worst company in US.
  86. Nov 1, 2013
    Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide.
  87. Nov 1, 2013
    Thanks a lot for something that does not give any information about the event
    Any other company would say yes, the event will be, or no, not event
    But no, you decided to pull all the nerves
  88. Nov 1, 2013
    seriously a dead game, no diretide, no heroes being implemented. it's just icefraud with his sh1t balance left working on this dead game. LOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>doto
  89. Nov 1, 2013
    No heroes in 113 days.
    Almost twice the player base of L4D2, CSGO, and TF2 combined. Still no Halloween update (even Cookie Clicker LoL has one)
    No communication from devs.

And to top it all off they give us an update with cosmetics and more tickets? rofl
  90. Nov 1, 2013
    terrible mm
    slow development
    zero support
    zero communication
    bazillions of bugs
    and no diretide.

WC3 Dota still best Dota. I will play league of legends now.
  91. Nov 1, 2013
    Good game, getting murdered by Valve(yet again) What's happening to Dota 2 right now already happened to TF2. When Valve decided to take (yet again) another community member idea, and make it into a game slowly but surely that game gets killed. CS was a great game. Look at it now, CS:GO is a shell of was CS 1.6 was back in the day. Ofcourse they up with Source before that but the difference between Source and GO was that Source was actually popular for a period of time.

TF2 was initially a very fun team FPS with an interesting theme and simple but effective and fun team class gameplay. The game was decently balanced around it core classes.

The came the hats, and even though initially they had guidelines about matching their artsyle it was of course throw away in order to make more money from the communities work for their Steam Marketplace and virtual economy. Then they added new weapons to with the balance and clearly the game became a remnant of what people liked. Honestly you know it's bad when I'd rather play the console port of TF2 because even the inferior 5 year old port is better than that they up on the PC. They made garbage decisions forgetting why the game was popular to turn it into a money generator.

Dota 2 follows very closely in the same footprints Long ago were the days people were optimistic about the spoils of war update, thinking we could go a seperate path than the game that walked before it. What did we get instead? SLow and stagnating game development, with he Original hero pool not done aftre three years, three years for LAN mode which you need to be online to play anyway, bare bones MM and no ladders/stats of any kind unless your a 5 man team(which you are better of playing inhouses anyway since the TMM rating has very little value). You also get very little additional or new content. In fact now that Dota 2 is out of beta, the game is progressing less and events like Diretide that happened in beta with less players gets canceled without a word. And yes they did promise it, last time I checked Annual meant once a year. Diretide was supposed to be an annual event. Guess that's done, but TF2 can get its 5th Halloween update despite much less concurrent players? What? It's also taking Valve MONTHS to port already established heroes from Dota 1. Riot can make a completely new one in 2 weeks. Ouch.

Valve is sitting on their hands and making bad decisions faster bad decisions. The only decent thing they have done is catering to e-sports with tickets and Dota TV, but when it comes to playing the game rather than watching it, your in for some disappointment. Oh and the hiked up the ticket prices initially when Dota 2 TV were on average $2.99. Now your average ticket is $8 dollars or more with only the lower tier tournament being $3.99.

If your not a diehard MOBA fan, honestly you're better off going to LoL, and I'm saying this as a Dota fan(not Dota 2) and as a person who thinks LoL is the inferior game. Why? Because if you play MOBAs causally Riot gives you hats AND new content. Valve only gives you hats and disappointment and zero communication. Also, for what it's worth, Riot's hats are better anyway. Go figure.

This game gets a six just for being good as a port of Dota, -4 for being under Valve's control. This game is going the way of CS and TF2. Ded. Which is a shame because CS was a really good competitive game.
  92. Nov 1, 2013
    This game was awesome like 1-2 years ago before Valve take the idea of their POPULAR" games like TF2. The problem of dota 2 is worstest community ever, if you wanted to play once in pub you will never turn on this game at all. Next problem is longest updates i had ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you doing full 5 months it is taking more and more sets to buy.

**** YOU VOLVO! AND
    YOU RUINED DIRETIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  93. Nov 1, 2013
    3 days and 3 nights we waiting for event. And WE got nothing. No Diretide. No communication with the community from Valve. No new hero in more than 3 months only hats and more hats to make more money.
  94. NFK
    Nov 1, 2013
    Volvo abandoned the game. They can realy warn community that diretide willnt this year. But they dont care about community. No heroes, more sets from workshop, more money. Go to hell players
  95. Nov 1, 2013
    So i played this game and its pretty bad really unbalanced and no diretide i also think the developers abandoned the game because there hasn't been a good update in months so don't play this.
  96. Nov 1, 2013
    DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide Expand
  97. Nov 2, 2013
  98. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game f*cked me thank your for game VALVE I will do not buy anything in your store more
  99. Nov 2, 2013
    Hello Valve. Can understood your position,
    What your givent information for YES DIRETIDE or NO DIRETIDE?
    You all to for us. Becaouse we all waiting new heroes 4 month or Helooween mod or any mod, but YOU ADD 70 mb update 5 new sets LOOOOOOL
    That's enough!
    I cant plya dota 2 anymore
  100. Nov 2, 2013
    I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.