6.4

1. Nov 14, 2013
    best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players
  2. Nov 9, 2013
    gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gjgj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx Expand
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    So good game, valve is the best, diretide will come out, and it will be great for us. I think, valve heared community voice and will fix it as soon as can.
  4. Nov 9, 2013
    Take rating back, Valve the best. We and Valve make mistake, but now we can fix it. Dota 2 rating couldn't be less then League of Lesbians! Valve one love
  5. Nov 8, 2013
    Communication restored and admitted mistakes. Admitted mistakes, when was the last time you saw a big company with a big cash cow admit their mistakes without a lawsuit? Never. Valve can be trusted and while MM always gives you hard close games, i guess it is fair for both sides.
  6. Nov 14, 2013
    Nice game. THis is game is really awesome. In every aspect. So much better than lol, and hon. but Lol sucks more than hon. I don't even know how good that smite is, but I think it's better than lol. because Lol sucks ballz. and Dota 2 is bezt.
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    Developers don't communicate with the fanbase and no real updates or heroes in MONTHS. I don't play LoL, but I'm considering going to that because at least the devs care and there is constantly new content. All Dota 2 has is HATS. HATS AND COURIERS.
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    Dota 2 is a fantastic MOBA that is based off of the original Dota 1 from the WC3 era. The game is immensely complex in all of its mechanics but very simple to understand. As you can guess this results in a massive learning curve and adheres to "easy to understand, difficult to master". If you have a few friends looking for a team game to play this is a great one without a doubt. Be warnedDota 2 is a fantastic MOBA that is based off of the original Dota 1 from the WC3 era. The game is immensely complex in all of its mechanics but very simple to understand. As you can guess this results in a massive learning curve and adheres to "easy to understand, difficult to master". If you have a few friends looking for a team game to play this is a great one without a doubt. Be warned that you will get frustrated at times with your team mates, and if you solo que you risk being put on teams with those who may not speak the same language. Queing on US East servers does NOT guarantee and english speaking team, but honestly, that is the biggest issue. Otherwise, the game is flawless in execution. All heroes are immediately available, there is a tutorial mode for new players, and the ability to create your own private matches if you have a large group of friends to play your own games. These matches can also be changed to include 'cheats' and have zero cool down on abilities which makes for some hilarious games with your friends.

Generally, Dota 2 is hugely addictive, and is a ton of fun! Particularly when you get into the high skill heroes and when you learn the 'juke spots'. There is a ton of material on youtube to help you learn and to up your game. I personally have logged well over a 1000 hours as have many of my friends. Don't be fooled though, this may share similarities to HoN or LoL but it is NOT the same.
  9. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 is a great game that will give you a great sense of reward and accomplishment if you sink enough time and effort into it. It will do this, not by giving you stars and medals whenever you get something done correctly, but by giving you experience in every match you play that you can then put to use in every subsequent match: DIRECT experience that you will be able to employ on yourDota 2 is a great game that will give you a great sense of reward and accomplishment if you sink enough time and effort into it. It will do this, not by giving you stars and medals whenever you get something done correctly, but by giving you experience in every match you play that you can then put to use in every subsequent match: DIRECT experience that you will be able to employ on your own terms. Calling it a skill-based game is almost something of an understatement. Dota 2 is about "growing up" alongside all the mechanics it provides. There will never be an aspect of the game that you will have truly mastered at 100% and even if you are somehow able to, there will be uncountable other details and lessons you can learn to understand even better. It's learning, it's having fun, it's experimenting, it's getting rewarded for your efforts.

This is a truly immortal game that you'll never sink enough hours into.

Thank you, Valve.
  10. Nov 8, 2013
  11. Nov 8, 2013
  12. Nov 14, 2013
    Great game you just need to practice a lot and you cannot show me a better f2p game.The best thing about the game is there is no pay to win situation you cant go ahead from other players with paying money, you can buy cosmetics or trade them but it will not make you stronger in game everything is equal. I know why ppl give low scores its mostly because they try the game and when you are aGreat game you just need to practice a lot and you cannot show me a better f2p game.The best thing about the game is there is no pay to win situation you cant go ahead from other players with paying money, you can buy cosmetics or trade them but it will not make you stronger in game everything is equal. I know why ppl give low scores its mostly because they try the game and when you are a newbie its clear that you will have hard time and ppl quit when they do its a fact that dota is generally played to win I sometimes play League of Legends but I just play it to have fun but I play DotA to win. Expand
  13. Nov 14, 2013
    Great game. Great developers. Great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great stuff.
  14. Jul 26, 2013
    What can we ask more to this game?
    Very nice graphics, 100 and more heroes that are all free.
    The only thing missing is the ladder, which should come soon.
    Dota 2 For the Win. The most fun you can have online.
  15. Jul 27, 2013
    If you haven't yet played this game but are thinking about it, read this. Since there are so many negative reviews, I will address their issues first.

There are two broad kinds of people who play Dota 2, and you will recognise them straight away. One is the player who doesn't whine, and the other is the player who does. Those who whine can be recognised easily, because they have the glorious, 12-year-old attitude that is unmistakable. If they're winning, they will be cheeky in chat about their victory, and if they lose, they will flame at everyone and every action everyone took in the game except themselves and their own actions.

I believe I fit into the former category, and this is reflected in that I have never been muted. Those who are in the latter are those that post on the Steam Dota 2 community discussion forums, complaining that they get muted everyday. Check them out if you want to have a laugh. Also, when you've played the game and got used to it, come back on here and read the zero-rated reviews; they will also make you laugh at how deluded they are.

But, of course, none of what I just said, really matters. How you play is down to you. Yes, it's a very hard game to learn, and yes, there will be many matches that annoy you, but stick with it. There will be many times when you die and think to yourself, "wtf just happened?", but this passes when you learn the heroes. If you are expecting, or hoping, to win every game, don't even bother installing it.

I played a lot of LoL before playing Dota 2, and oh my god, I'm so glad I found this game. I've never looked back. It is much more player skill-based than LoL. You don't need to get summoner levels, or pay, to have runes, masteries, summoner spells... Everything you need to win, you have from your first game. There are no "external influences", if you will, like runes and masteries. Everything is down to your hero, the items you have, and how good you are with them.

Another difference from LoL is that invisibility is a hugely prevalent annoyance. You can buy invisibility in this game fairly cheaply, and some champions either have permanent invisibility or can be almost permanently invisible. Fighting these heroes will probably be your first struggle. If you meet Riki, Bounty Hunter, Clinkz and some others, remember the arsenal of anti-stealth that you can buy! Sentry wards will reveal them so you can farm safer in lane, and something special (and cheap!) that you wont find in LoL is Dust of Appearance. If an enemy nearby goes invisible, use Dust to reveal them! A more risky and much more expensive, but sometimes better investment, is the Gem of True Sight. It grants you true sight like a permanent Oracle's Elixir, however if you die, it drops from your body and an enemy could steal it and use it against you!

Also, you can find weapon and armor 'skins' for your heroes without having to pay. You can pay if you wish, of course, so it does kind of nullify the common, uncommon, rare, mythical branding of items. In my opinion, rare and mythical items should only be found by playing, so that their rarity is actually reflected by how many will have found them by braving the game. But this is Valve we're talking about, so that wont ever happen as sales will be down.

Also, the game does have its annoying bugs. At the time of writing, assuming they haven't just fixed it with the patch that is being downloaded right now, I have a bug where I can't select or attack enemy wards. Annoying, but hardly game-changing. I wouldn't worry about this too much.

Anyway, I hope I didn't ramble on too long on single topics, but I want to say what's important for those who haven't played yet but who want to. Good luck, have fun!
  16. Jul 27, 2013
    so perfect generation and strategy.Quality of characters are incredible.Teamplay is good.War effects amazing.League of Legends fans losers and kids,DotA 2 fans pros.Need all DotA heroes in DotA 2
  17. Jul 27, 2013
    Dota 2 is exactly what it should be, a hardcore player vs. player arena game, with endless replay ability. Dota 2 has 102 characters so far, that means you'd have to play 102 rounds of dota to experience and learn each character, or more, with each round taking about 20-30 minutes. There's lots to do in this game, and it's great considering you can get it for free, the dota shop isDota 2 is exactly what it should be, a hardcore player vs. player arena game, with endless replay ability. Dota 2 has 102 characters so far, that means you'd have to play 102 rounds of dota to experience and learn each character, or more, with each round taking about 20-30 minutes. There's lots to do in this game, and it's great considering you can get it for free, the dota shop is optional and not game-play related too. The only downside to the game is that although it is being constantly patched, some characters shine stronger than others, but I suppose that problem will always be there with games like this. Expand
  18. Jul 28, 2013
    Best game I have ever played since 2005. A lot of combos to perform and item builds to choose from. Very balanced and challenging. The battle part starts on the picking phase where you should choose the hero that can counter the enemy. Have deep learning curve though. I've been playing this game for 8 years and still learning and getting better. One key to win this game is 100% teamBest game I have ever played since 2005. A lot of combos to perform and item builds to choose from. Very balanced and challenging. The battle part starts on the picking phase where you should choose the hero that can counter the enemy. Have deep learning curve though. I've been playing this game for 8 years and still learning and getting better. One key to win this game is 100% team strategy and coordination. Expand
  19. Jul 29, 2013
    This game has a way lower user score then the game deserves because League of Legends fan boyish Ftards are all over this game. Don't mind the score and give the game a try, you won't regret it.
  20. Jul 29, 2013
    First of all, I would like to point out that every hero in this game is free, you do not need flash or ignite to do well, there are no mastery points, you do not have to buy runes and you can get "skins" for free just by playing. WIth that said, this game is amazing. Every hero is unique and icefrog really cares about hero balance. You do not see the same 10-20 heroes in every game or evenFirst of all, I would like to point out that every hero in this game is free, you do not need flash or ignite to do well, there are no mastery points, you do not have to buy runes and you can get "skins" for free just by playing. WIth that said, this game is amazing. Every hero is unique and icefrog really cares about hero balance. You do not see the same 10-20 heroes in every game or even in every tournament. People do not complain if you run rogue or you stray from 1 top laner, 1 mid laner, 1 support and 1 ADC bottom and a jungler. You can run 3 top, 1 mid 1 bot; 0 top, 1 mid, 4 bot; 1 top 3 mid 1 bot, etc etc. Also leavers do not ruin the game because the game will become safe to leave. The report and mute system is also better than League of Legends. You know what else this game has? A better client, less bugs, better voice acting, replays, and SingSing. 10/10. Expand
  21. Jul 30, 2013
    Not one of the best, this game is the best multiplayer 5v5 MOBA. Though a bit(actually a lot) hard to learn but once you know all of it, you will not find a better multiplayer game to play!
  22. Jul 31, 2013
    This game is most definitely the best looking MOBA out there today. The graphics are great, the gameplay is flawless, its everything that was great about the original DOTA without all of the issues. Not to mention it is fully free, you can play all the heroes without paying a dime and everything that is sold is purely cosmetic. The community is what you make of it, if you play with randomThis game is most definitely the best looking MOBA out there today. The graphics are great, the gameplay is flawless, its everything that was great about the original DOTA without all of the issues. Not to mention it is fully free, you can play all the heroes without paying a dime and everything that is sold is purely cosmetic. The community is what you make of it, if you play with random people and don't make an effort to play with people you know and just do constant solo matchmaking, you aren't going to enjoy yourself on ANY MOBA that is out today. There is a steep learning curve and people do expect after about 100 games for you to understand the basics, so if you are a casual gamer who doesn't want to have to do a little bit of reading then I would suggest move on. On the other hand if advanced strategy mixed with fast paced team PvP sound like your niche then you should definitely check it out. Expand
  23. Aug 2, 2013
    Probably the deepest and most meaningful pvp experience you can have in an online game. From Hero choices, to lanes and item selections, this game has the possibilities of chess wrapped around a ridiculously skilled rts game.

Still learning and getting better 400 hours in.
  24. Aug 3, 2013
    Balanced and skill based moba experience, unlike other dota-look-alikes, it maintains originality and rewards gamers for proper play in the form in game rewards. With a non "cash grab" business model, dota2 allows all players to stage battles on an fair playingfield. All heros are avaliable for all players to use right from the start, regardless of game experience or wallet size.

Game

Game play wise, dota 2 has a steep learning curve, skills on most heros are designed to used at the most opportune time, and should not be spamed. Hero kills are rewarded, while deaths are heavily punished in the form of gold loss, and a revive timer.

there is no one single battle plan for wining, Although team interaction is key. if you are looking for a team oriented battle arena with real rewards for effective play and consequences for mistakes, then dota 2 is for you!
  25. Aug 4, 2013
    One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played.Its completely free and no bonuses for real money purchases ,very balanced Absolutely amazing heart stopping game with all its animations sound effects and creativity. Stunning gameplay and lovely teamplay. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time.
  26. Aug 4, 2013
    Complex gameplay great game lot of heroes TRULY f2p 1 map and infinite ways to play .
    This game reminds me to chess no match is equal to another
  27. Aug 5, 2013
    I play it with 2007, was very glad when the Valve pay attention to it and improved it!
    play it around 1500 hours and will play even more! 10 of 10!
    ps who is not able to play DotA and let him go play lol, he is for the weak, DotA for the strong!
  28. Aug 5, 2013
    I love this game. This game shows how individual skills and of course a team cohesiveness. besides the hero has a renewable item that we will continue to seek to make the item. so everything is Dota.
  29. Aug 7, 2013
    Best game ever. I don't know why people still choose Dota 1 over Dota 2, not that I'm hating on Dota 1, I loved that game. Dota 2 improved on every aspect of it. Dota 2 is the best MOBA.

On a side note. International 3 guys! $2.7 million dollars distributed to the tournament. Such a large price pool. DOTA 2 FTW
  30. Aug 8, 2013
    Deep strategic combats that last around 30 minutes, no-one starting with any advantage at all. This is the only game I see myself playing 10 years from now that I currently play!
  31. Aug 9, 2013
    Following Valve's success with TF2; Dota 2, the successor to the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of The Ancients is truly free to play in all game content. The only things purchasable in game are cosmetics and tournament passes. Dota 2 is essentially the exact same game as DoTA except that it has been ported to Valve's source engine. The menus and user interface are extremelyFollowing Valve's success with TF2; Dota 2, the successor to the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of The Ancients is truly free to play in all game content. The only things purchasable in game are cosmetics and tournament passes. Dota 2 is essentially the exact same game as DoTA except that it has been ported to Valve's source engine. The menus and user interface are extremely streamlined and includes tournament integration if there is one in progress.

The game has a harsh learning curve that not everyone will be able to appreciate. But, it is highly rewarding once you learn the game. The community is not nearly as toxic as other reviewers are trying to make it out to be. Most of these reviewers are probably overly sensitive people to begin with. The community that I've been exposed to may be slightly elitist, but that's to be expected from a game with this competitive nature and learning curve. However, although elitist most of the players are willing to give advice and help out if they are asked to. Don't let one toxic player ruin your experience of this amazing game.

The game is smooth, tightly integrated, stays true to its predecessor, and has possibly the best matchmaking system of any MOBA to date. If you're a fan of the genre and want a challenge then this is the game to be playing. If not, then look elsewhere.
  32. Aug 13, 2013
    Been coming here for years and never found the need to create and account and review. However after reading some of the ridiculous "0" reviews for this game I found it necessary to defend Dota 2.

- Yes the game looks like the old War Craft 3 in regards to map, direction etc. it's supposed to. Valve's intentions were to update the old game but to keep it true to the original, there is nothing wrong with this.

- Yes the learning curve is very steep, for me this was my first MOBA and while it was challenging to start out in the game I have been playing it for over a year and it's highly rewarding. For me it actually took a fair bit of time watching the game and doing some research in order to progress at a quicker pace.

- People say this is "broken" or unbalanced which couldn't be further from the truth. All of the heroes in the game have their place and can be useful and powerful in certain situations. One hero may seem to be over powered to you but that's because you aren't familiar enough with their weaknesses or a hero to proper counter any perceived "OPness". There isn't a single hero in DOTA 2 that is OP, all of them can be stopped if you use the right strategy.

- It's highly likely you struggled with the game because generally in the newbie queue all the players want to play agility carries, you all just want to go kill stuff but that's not how the game works. There needs to be a proper balance between supports, mid game/semi carries and late game carries. Do yourselves a favour if you are starting the game new, play support heroes. You already have no clue what you are doing, it's best to have no clue while you are support those who might have an idea. This will allow you to get into the game while not playing as important a role. (not that support isn't important, at higher levels it's just as difficult to play good support as to carry if not more so). And don't be a greedy support, in most cases all you need is a magic wand, boots and in some cases maybe a blink dagger/force staff. Other than these items you should be buying wards, dust, smoke etc. all while protecting your carry and NOT stealing his farm.

- For those who gave this game a 0 they obviously didn't put the time in, until you actually understand all the heroes in the game you can't comprehend the depth involved to play this game at a higher level. For those who are willing to put the time in the game is excellent and should be experienced the price is definitely right.
  33. Aug 13, 2013
    Amazing. Amazing and Amazing. First it was a mod for War3 called 3-Corridors, DotA finally was started, then they added a jungle and many years later, Valve buys it. They have done an Amazing job with this game and as some of the other critics say, just give it some time and you are in for a real treat. A+ Add me on Steam if you want to learn 'cultavix'.
  34. Aug 15, 2013
    One of my favorite MOBAs ever. It is completely free to play and you get all heroes from the get go. You do not need to buy ANYTHING from the store to play this game to it's fullest (most of that stuff is just cosmetic goodies). Just keep in mind that this game has a steep learning curb and like with ANY game you are bound to run into some bad apples. Ignore those people and keep playingOne of my favorite MOBAs ever. It is completely free to play and you get all heroes from the get go. You do not need to buy ANYTHING from the store to play this game to it's fullest (most of that stuff is just cosmetic goodies). Just keep in mind that this game has a steep learning curb and like with ANY game you are bound to run into some bad apples. Ignore those people and keep playing if you want to improve. Expand
  35. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 deserves its old rating, before this diretide yay go back up Dota 2 deserves its old rating, before this diretide yay go back up! Dota 2 deserves its old rating, before this diretide yay go back up!
  36. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is extremely addictive and can be even more fun if in a party of people. Teams really make the game the best and the more you play, the better you are as the character. enjoy sitting down and spending an hour or two playing this game. Anyone who has given this game below a 4 seriously needs to replay this game. One crappy game does not mean the game is bad. Nor does having aThis game is extremely addictive and can be even more fun if in a party of people. Teams really make the game the best and the more you play, the better you are as the character. enjoy sitting down and spending an hour or two playing this game. Anyone who has given this game below a 4 seriously needs to replay this game. One crappy game does not mean the game is bad. Nor does having a group of players who can't help you first game either. Expand
  37. Aug 28, 2013
    Lets begging with the fact that the game is amazing. Real gamers will love it, its a challenge and never-ended tactics moba. That say, lets talk about Bad things:

1. Matchmaking: Im a graphic designer, web developer and i know that coding is rly dificult, every fix bring 2 bugs. Match making is based on experience, records, roles, etc of a player, but some players as me, keep geting horrible teammates with bad behaviour, quiters, "reporters" (troll that report u for nothing), noobs, and first time players. making me lose, and getting a bad record, that send me more players like those... this must change.

2. Server Locations & Filters: US, EU, LA, everywhere we get russians, (we all agree that rusians trolls can be rly insane), if i want russians i would pick RU server, why i keep getting them? dunno...

Dota should have an auto critic bar, where i say witch my level is, so he can do a better job matchmaking. If the player is right about the level, then the bar stay still, if dont, it goes down.

3. Reports: i know this have perma fixes and changes everyday, but we are not ok with the way it works atm. Actually u can be a pro and be banned by trolls whom report you. That its insane, there should be certain of restrictions on who, how, and when u report players with better record than you.

Las and more important...

4. THE INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT How do teams participate? rules? request? where to sign? Steam/Valve is very noob there, this game requires more tournaments, and more important, Regional Tournaments (Like Soccer world cup, but less corrupted). SEA Tournaments, South America Tournaments, Central America Tournaments... This is crucial in order to get a better community and better gamers. Players needs it, The game Needs it, Valve MUST do it, and Players must demand it.

... And let the battle Begin's!.
  38. Aug 30, 2013
    Don't let the fear of a steep learning curve keep you from playing this very deep, very challenging, yet very fun game. This was the first time I ever played a MOBA and I gotta say, I love it. Been having so much fun with it, also, the community really isn't that bad. Most of the time everyone keeps to themselves (oftentimes to the detriment of the team)
  39. Sep 1, 2013
    At first I was kind of sceptical. Normally, I really don't like MOBAs like LoL or HoN. But then I discovered Dota. The game itself is REALLY hard for beginners. But don't let that discourage you! It is really worth learning everything, though it might take more than 50-100 in-game-hours to fully comprehend the most of what you should do. You can always learn something new in the game, butAt first I was kind of sceptical. Normally, I really don't like MOBAs like LoL or HoN. But then I discovered Dota. The game itself is REALLY hard for beginners. But don't let that discourage you! It is really worth learning everything, though it might take more than 50-100 in-game-hours to fully comprehend the most of what you should do. You can always learn something new in the game, but the beginners might be a little confused.

The game itself has some things which are considered bugs but actually are intentional mechanics (such as the Pudge-Fountain hook with Chen) but if there is a bug Dota mostly tries to fix it as soon as possible.

The characters over all are MOSTLY balanced. Though there are, in my opinion, some characters that are easier than others, which makes them seem totally op if you play decent, and others not even close to good if you play them like a professional. While I say this I am thinking about Spirit Breaker, Sniper or a well played Pudge. These are the only characters they really should nerf, because you can't do ANYTHING if pudge lands a hook, spirit charges you or sniper perma-stuns you with headshot. Besides that I like the balancing a lot.

If you come to the community this game really shows it's downside. People are complete a**holes when it comes to small things like picking or laning. If they see 3 hard carrys picked they are going to pick a 4th one instead of a much needed support. This also screws up the lanes and a lot of people don't listen to more experienced players when it comes to laning or small things like mechanics. The report buttons are not even close to be enough. There is report-button for quitters, trolling or people who simply just don't listen to people who have more experience then them. It really sucks not to be able to report someone like this.

Another thing I want to talk about are russians. I have no Idea what a russian is supposed to do on an english west-europe server but they are still there and it sucks. They will, no matter what you tell them, do exactly what they want, don't speak english at all, even though you searched for the english language-preference and they will ruin your game big time. And this holds to be true for about 97,2% of the russians you meet in dota.

The communication with the team is overall quite okay, most people will react if you tell them something or suggest what you could do next. Of chourse, it happens from time to time that they won't even listen to you, but that is rarely the chase.

But my overall impressions after over 400 hours of playing: I love this game. If you play with 4 friends you won't have the problem that you have to deal with russians or idiots. This makes the game a lot cooler. Beginners might have trouble but it is really worth checking out, and I say that though I don't like MOBAs, so this really means something.
  40. Sep 3, 2013
    Wonderful game. It grows as the player grows with the game. You learn to hate it as a beginner if you play against other people for your first games, so play with the bots. They added tutorials to help new players as well.

By now, I've played 226 games and watched multiple tournaments and can say for certain that every game is different. It's a game of nuance and learning that will allow the player to grow with the game making a skill cap that is high enough to even continue to play better and better after playing for so long. If you don't want to learn about strategy, then this game probably isn't for you. Some players have been playing since the original warcraft 3 mod and find new things today.

The graphics aren't the best in the world when compared to games like Crysis 3, but it uses a modified and updated source engine. It's well optimized to the point that I can even play it easily with an hd4000 integrated chip without issues.

From one of the other reviews about frame rate, there can be some lag when you play on bad connections. It's not quite optimization, but rather based on your connection as with any online game.

If you want to pick up this game, I would suggest looking at other pros playing it to see what goes into the game. It's also very helpful to pick it up with some other friends as it is a multiplayer game. It's f2p, so you don't loose anything by doing so.

Good luck on your journey in playing DOTA2. I can only hope that you'll have as much fun with it as I have.
  41. Nov 1, 2013
    Just trying to help and counter this "GIVE DIRETIDE" cancer. The game is great. Yes, the community is angry about the "no halloween" update, however, it's still one of the greatest F2P game over the decade.
  42. Nov 9, 2013
    This is one of the deepest and best games I've ever played, the balancing is done regularly, the graphics are awesome and so on. If u ever wanted to play a MOBA u should really play this game because it out-classes every other game in it's genre!
  43. Nov 1, 2013
    Excellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). #nodiretide2013
    and yeah juse=uebok
  44. Nov 1, 2013
    The game's near limitless skill cap, as well as a varied hero choice makes it one of the strongest competitive games on the ESports Scene currently, though it can also be incredibly fun just to play casually. The spectator client's fantastic, and the frequent tournaments are incredible. That said, the flux of 0 ratings over a halloween event is childish, and an embarrassment to theThe game's near limitless skill cap, as well as a varied hero choice makes it one of the strongest competitive games on the ESports Scene currently, though it can also be incredibly fun just to play casually. The spectator client's fantastic, and the frequent tournaments are incredible. That said, the flux of 0 ratings over a halloween event is childish, and an embarrassment to the community. Anyone seriously considering the game should look past those. Expand
  45. Nov 1, 2013
    Valve is unable to communicate with the community at all.

Not a single word is said about what is going on, no updates just money whores.
    How can a company seriously be so retarded if it would be so easy to just tell us what is going on.
  46. Nov 1, 2013
    Valve is unable to communicate with the community at all.
    Not a single word is said about what is going on, no updates just money whores.
  47. Nov 8, 2013
    TY for news Valve) TY for news Valve) TY for news Valve) TY for news Valve) TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)TY for news Valve)
  48. Nov 9, 2013
    THNX FOR DIRETIDE
    づ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDE THNX FOR DIRETIDE
  49. Nov 1, 2013
    The best e-sports game I've played since CS 1.5/1.6. With lots of different tactics and heroes to play, you can basically play the game in so many different ways that it never gets old. It still keeps the good old wc3 dota in mind (under icefrog) and is doing a great job at it! Would play the game any day (10/10).
  50. Nov 1, 2013
    Awesome game, ignore the "no diretide hate-train"..
    E-sport events every single day awesome
    awesome community awesome
    Awesome developers -awesome
  51. Nov 1, 2013
    I understand that many people were waiting for diretide last 3 days. But it is not reason to underestimate the game assessment. Valve didn't promise you anything, so why do you so angry? Game really good and you will play this game for many years.
  52. Nov 1, 2013
    Great game, hate the community. Just read these "reviews" for why the community sucks. Yes, Valves lack of communication is an issue, but spamming metacritic is not the right way to go about telling them that. It damages the game in the long term, and will accomplish nothing. Honestly, with this behavior WE don't deserve Diretide.
  53. Nov 1, 2013
    Best MOBA at the moment. Don't say it's a worse game because it doesn't have one minigame ffs. The only reason people are giving it 0's is because of that. 0's? Really? After all those moments when you get ganked by a pudge and middle didn't call missing? This is the gamebreking thing? 'Nuff said. 'Nuff said. 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff saidBest MOBA at the moment. Don't say it's a worse game because it doesn't have one minigame ffs. The only reason people are giving it 0's is because of that. 0's? Really? After all those moments when you get ganked by a pudge and middle didn't call missing? This is the gamebreking thing? 'Nuff said. 'Nuff said. 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said 'Nuff said Expand
  54. Nov 1, 2013
  55. Nov 1, 2013
    I cannot believe the small faction of the community that is behaving in such a poor manner, all in reaction to a lack of a special holiday event which was not promised or otherwise indicated that it would occur. Valve resurrected DotA in a much needed way and is doing an amazing job with it.
  56. Nov 1, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE
  57. Nov 8, 2013
    got diretideThis game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in
  58. Nov 2, 2013
    Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!Thanks for great halloween!!!!
  59. Nov 2, 2013
    One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay.
  60. Nov 2, 2013
    Don't believe critic's lies. This game is and and it is going ****tier. The game was better while it was in the Beta, now they don't listen or respond to community. Really, go back to Dota 1.
  61. Nov 2, 2013
    What a bad game, Valve didn't give us Diretide and worst of all they didn't communicate to the community or announce anything. Seriously, where the communication? You came to the wrong dongerhood, Valve.
  62. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve stopped make good updates since August 2013, and there are break Matchmaking completely.
    90-80% of dota community is much aggressive.
    But i hope, Valve take a break and there 'll make good updates later...
  63. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Updates
  64. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide!
    NO New Hero!
    NO Normal matchmaking system!
    New updates is new sets and tickets!
  65. Nov 8, 2013
    Got DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っ
  66. Nov 2, 2013
    No updates.
    No new heroes.
    No ladder system.
    No events.
    **** matchmaking.
    Only hats, hats, hats, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS and HATS.
  67. Nov 2, 2013
  68. Nov 2, 2013
  69. Nov 3, 2013
    No new heroes. No diretide. Give DIRETIDE!!!
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Dota is dead with Gabe and valve,
    DotA forever!
    つ Give DIRETIDE!!!
  70. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Normal matchmaking system
    New updates is new sets and tickets.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS
  71. Nov 2, 2013
    Even the car company Volvo communicates better than Valve. I miss the WC3 DotA times. No diretide, no announcement, zero f's given by Valve. I don't want hats, i want all of the heroes from DotA.
  72. Nov 2, 2013
    No finish old heros.
    No news.
    No major updates in the webpage.
    No diretide.
    No event.
    No feedback.

No fans pleased by you Valve.

Need to stop higher prority merchandising they have and support the fans.
  73. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is just perfect, mostly for me: a guy who played dota for a long time, this game can be played by anyone, thing is, DotA 2 is not an intuitive game, you have various tutorials however. I know people can be a bit hostile, I am too, that is because in this game, if someone mess it up real hard, then you most likely lose the game. People have to know which role they are playing andThis game is just perfect, mostly for me: a guy who played dota for a long time, this game can be played by anyone, thing is, DotA 2 is not an intuitive game, you have various tutorials however. I know people can be a bit hostile, I am too, that is because in this game, if someone mess it up real hard, then you most likely lose the game. People have to know which role they are playing and play it at its best in order to win the game, but also, if you play perfectly but your team or some mates doesn't then you probably won't win the game, and if you are competitive like me, then you will get mad haha. But try it out, DotA has a matchmaking system so you will play with other people with the same skills as you probably, you will stand a chance there, and eventually get more skilled. Expand
  74. Nov 2, 2013
    An excellent game. I have never had any technical issues with it. The gameplay is amazing. One of the more polished PvP oriented games I've ever played, and it's bloody well free! Whats not to love? Ignore all the negative reviews from children that are sad about not having a Halloween update for their free game like they assumed would happen.

This is beyond worth checking out. I have

This is beyond worth checking out. I have never been one to clock that many hours into a game. Yet here I am with almost 1,000 hours of actual gameplay in this sucker. I got my wife hooked and all my friends. It's perfect. CHECK IT OUT!
  75. Nov 2, 2013
    The people rating this game 0 are incredibly childish and I must admit I'm ashamed to be considered a part of the same community as them. I'm disappointed about there being no Diretide as well, but it really doesn't matter and definitely doesn't call for such an immature move as this one. For anyone seriously looking at the reviews this is a great game, but as you can tell does have aThe people rating this game 0 are incredibly childish and I must admit I'm ashamed to be considered a part of the same community as them. I'm disappointed about there being no Diretide as well, but it really doesn't matter and definitely doesn't call for such an immature move as this one. For anyone seriously looking at the reviews this is a great game, but as you can tell does have a fairly large amount of idiots. You aren't likely to run into them now as if they're as pissed as they seem they'll leave the game; Hopefully for good. Expand
  76. Nov 3, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  77. Nov 8, 2013

Lesson is learned people, it's a time to calm down and rejoice. Now, let's return our Dota a well deserved 9.3 user rating :D
  78. Nov 9, 2013
  79. Nov 8, 2013
    I got into Dota 2 after a long time of avoiding the genre. I'm into online gaming and should have started playing games in the genre years ago but things like Eve got in the way.

I've been playing now for about 2 months and have sunk about 100 real matches into it. I'm still just scratching the surface on a lot of the deeper concepts, but am enjoying myself for the most part. The

The game is plagued in my opinion by language issues (in a very team based game). I set my language preference to english and play on US servers, but still see most of my matches dominated by people who can't speak english. I think this could be solved by electing to join region locked queues perhaps (i'm no expert however). For me this is the largest issue I have with Dota and it is extremely painful.

I've tried my hand at LoL and found Dota to be more geared to mature gamers and it has a deeper and more complex system. I just could not be bothered to play League when I have the option.
  80. Nov 8, 2013
    Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Expand
  81. Nov 10, 2013
    thanks for fixing doto Volvo thanks for fixing doto Volvo thanks for fixing doto Volvo thanks for fixing doto Volvo thanks for fixing doto Volvo thanks for fixing doto Volvo thanks for fixing doto Volvo thanks for fixing doto Volvo thanks for fixing doto Volvo thanks for fixing doto
  82. Nov 8, 2013
    A superb masterpiece of a game. Prepare for hundreds of your hours to be sunk into this rich and diverse world. Multitudes of heroes to play and master, thousands of different strategies and approaches, one game will never be the same as another. Volvo delivered.
  83. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game needs time to learn but at all its just god damn awesome, i would everybody recommend to play it if u like MOBAS/ARTS i go about 3k hours now and i will play way more :) awesome!. Btw the company is talented not like riot haha, i mean the content patches are AWESOME and big
  84. Nov 14, 2013
    Great game, great mechanics, awesome community.
    VALVe did a really good job with the updates, a bit late, but worth it the wait
    Today 11/14/13, we got 2 new heroes (Ember and Earth spirit), we got diretide, we got a new re-work on Storm spirit wich looks awesome, we got a bunch of new items, we got EVERYTHING
  85. Nov 14, 2013
    Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. MustMust fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Expand
  86. Nov 14, 2013
    Much much much better than lol In addition, it is F2P which is amazing. And unlike, LoL or HoN which require you to use a rotating hero list until you buy your own with real money or accumulate enough in-game currency to purchase a single hero,
  87. Nov 14, 2013
    Simply put, I've spent more time playing DotA 2 than any other game. There is nothing quite like the gripping team strategy it has to offer. DotA was a wonderfully designed and well balanced master piece missing a smooth experience to access. Valve has managed to add everything DotA was missing without losing any of the brilliance. A strong argument could be made for calling DotA 2 theSimply put, I've spent more time playing DotA 2 than any other game. There is nothing quite like the gripping team strategy it has to offer. DotA was a wonderfully designed and well balanced master piece missing a smooth experience to access. Valve has managed to add everything DotA was missing without losing any of the brilliance. A strong argument could be made for calling DotA 2 the deepest game and it easily deserves the 10/10 Expand
  88. Nov 14, 2013
    Simply awesome,cant stop playing it .Highly detailed,deep,engaging,balanced but most of all what makes this great is the amount of love developers have shown and the amount of love the players of dota and fans have shown that makes it truely great.
  89. Nov 14, 2013
    Dota 2 is excellent. Although it has a large learning curve, once you get past that it is addictive and fun. I haven't had much trouble with the community, sure there are flamers every once in a while, but I can't remember the last time I have been in a game with flamers. Excellent game. Give it a shot.
  90. Nov 14, 2013
    Once you start to get the hang of dota 2 (was about 100 wins for me) you won't want to play lol anymore. Lol has superior content, but the depth dota 2 has is far more rewarding. HOWEVER Dota 2 and Lol are two entirely DIFFERENT games, and one will not be a "killer" for the other.

As far as the quality of the game, Dota 2 looks and sounds amazing, the characters are all very detailed, the level is very detailed, there are details everywhere.
  91. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is soo good.. nuff said. try it, you'll be hooked for life.

The team dynamics is what makes it. Been playing since early Dota (1) days, and the hard work that valve has put in building a new engine from scratch is paying off. The learning curve is quite steep, but valve has been trying to breath that by adding various learning modes (and as of the latest update
    This game is soo good.. nuff said. try it, you'll be hooked for life.

The learning curve is quite steep, but valve has been trying to breath that by adding various learning modes (and as of the latest update (2013/11/14), there is a coach mode where your clued up mates can teach you in game)

Word of warning, it'll consume your life... Its that good :P
  92. Nov 14, 2013
    This is my favorite game by far an fall the negative reviews were from Valve not releasing Diretide at Halloween. They were working on a huge patch and released Diretide a few weeks later. The strategies are deep and the game is wickedly fun win or lose. To avoid the mean people, friend everyone you win with in a well communicated match. Then you often have a full team workingThis is my favorite game by far an fall the negative reviews were from Valve not releasing Diretide at Halloween. They were working on a huge patch and released Diretide a few weeks later. The strategies are deep and the game is wickedly fun win or lose. To avoid the mean people, friend everyone you win with in a well communicated match. Then you often have a full team working together. Enjoy this masterpiece!! Expand
  93. Nov 14, 2013
    After playing League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Dota and Dota-2, Dota-2 in my opinion is the best choice, you have every Hero available from the beginning and is a bit more difficult than the others (instead of Dota of course) So if you're looking for a challenging MOBA/ARTS Dota-2 is perfect for you
  94. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is amazing! One of the best and most polished games i've played ever. This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1.
  95. Nov 14, 2013
    For me this game is a 10/10 but it is my personal opinion i do believe that there are many flaws but i assure you that if you like this type of game you will fall in love with like i have.So i hope that valve continue working on making the game better and fixing all the flaw it has so that 10 becomes true
  96. Nov 14, 2013
    Thanks for Diretide, Volvo. My name is Ezavor. I am from Russia. I like your game, Volvo. I like Diretide. Thanks for Diretide, Volvo. My name is Ezavor. I am from Russia. I
  97. Nov 14, 2013
    volvo gave diretide. love restored.

In all seriousness, don't let the lowish user score fool you, this is a great game and the community loves the devs, and the devs love them back.
  98. Nov 14, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games. For paid games, it deserves a 8+, but as a free game it should have a 9+ rating. Don't listen to the spoiled kids who feel entitled to to free content for a game they didn't pay for. Play this game, you'll love it!
  99. Nov 15, 2013
    This is incredible game. This is strategy and action game at the same time! And this is Valve game. All valve's game the best of the world. 10/10, the Best!
  100. Nov 15, 2013
    Amazing game with awesome features. Perfect upgrade from DOTA1. Valve is putting in tons of effort and it is paying off. I can play this game 100% for free every single day. New content comes regularly and they make a point of keeping the quality high.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.