6.5

1. Nov 2, 2013
  2. Nov 2, 2013
    Even the car company Volvo communicates better than Valve. I miss the WC3 DotA times. No diretide, no announcement, zero f's given by Valve. I don't want hats, i want all of the heroes from DotA.
  3. Nov 8, 2013

Lesson is learned people, it's a time to calm down and rejoice. Now, let's return our Dota a well deserved 9.3 user rating :D
  4. Nov 9, 2013
    This is one of the deepest and best games I've ever played, the balancing is done regularly, the graphics are awesome and so on. If u ever wanted to play a MOBA u should really play this game because it out-classes every other game in it's genre!
  5. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game needs time to learn but at all its just god damn awesome, i would everybody recommend to play it if u like MOBAS/ARTS i go about 3k hours now and i will play way more :) awesome!. Btw the company is talented not like riot haha, i mean the content patches are AWESOME and big
  6. Nov 14, 2013
    For me this game is a 10/10 but it is my personal opinion i do believe that there are many flaws but i assure you that if you like this type of game you will fall in love with like i have.So i hope that valve continue working on making the game better and fixing all the flaw it has so that 10 becomes true
  7. Nov 9, 2013
    A spectacularly crafted, deep, and engaging multiplayer game. I have put in more hours to Dota 2 than any other video game that I can remember (perhaps Jedi Knight 2 had more; but that was a long time ago). It has a few flaws, such as its steep learning curve and occasionally corrosive community; but overall, the experience is an overwhelmingly positive one.
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A score of zero, because Valve decided not to release all the favorite addition Diretide, because almost all the community had expected it, but it never happened.
    All Valve games have modes for Halloween, but not in Dota2 this year, and it was a big mistake!
  9. Aug 22, 2013
    DOTA 2 is a fantastic game, picking up on everything made the original Warcraft mod a star. It's deep, competitive, and polished. Guaranteed to provide you with thousands of hours of play.
  10. Sep 9, 2013
    Simply the best game in his category. LOL is crap compared to this. U will become addicted to this game for sure, and if u play LOL, u never will play it again.
  11. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide No Diretide BAD VOLVO. Gabe yebek Expand
  12. Nov 1, 2013
    No event, delete dota2, valve sucks
  13. Nov 8, 2013
    Such a great and wonderfull game. ^^ played it since october 2012. Now i have something about 2000 hours in this game, and i want more and more every day. THANK YOU, DEAR VALVE.
  14. Nov 2, 2013
    give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide give diretide
  15. Nov 8, 2013
    Raise your Diretide Raise your Diretide Raise your Diretide Raise your Diretide Raise your Diretide Raise your Diretide Raise your Diretide Raise your Diretide
  16. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve employees do not respect community! Valve employees do not respect community! Valve employees do not respect community! Valve employees do not respect community!
  17. Nov 2, 2013
    Dead game is dead, even LoL has their harroween.
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  18. Nov 2, 2013
  19. Nov 2, 2013
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  20. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is amazing and so addictive. I can't drop it. I normally wouldn't do a review because the score was pretty good, but the spammers are making me do this. They're retarded.
  21. Nov 2, 2013
    It's a good game,but....我是个中国人,你给我限制个毛的字数啊,又不是写作文,hello Daming,what are you doing?balabalabala........................................................
  22. Nov 2, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE༼ Valve Give DIRETIDE༼ Valve Give DIRETIDE༼ ValveGive DIRETIDE༼ ValveGive DIRETIDE༼ ValveGive DIRETIDE༼ ValveGive DIRETIDE༼ Valve
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    Never been so addicted to a game before! Weekly updates, balanced, and a economy if you like to trade. Basically this game has everything you can ask for in a Moba.
  24. Nov 2, 2013
    First is the new patch that changes everything to a game, Now the gamers voice is now ignored? Seriously valve, please send me the link to "How to ruin DOTA2". League of Legends is far, way better than valve in terms of management. Lastly, i want༼ DIRETIDE
  25. Nov 2, 2013
    The game isn't perfect yet but it's the best game I've ever played in my life so I can't give it less than 10. No other game made me play it daily for years. Thanks, Valve and, of course, IceFrog.
  26. Nov 2, 2013
    "Let me explain the situation.

Last year DOTA had a halloween event called "Diretide". Since TF2 halloween event happens every year, and the flavor text of Diretide said it was a annual event (like WoW Winter Veil", people started getting hyped. There was no Diretide, and the hit the fan. Disgruntled players starded spamming twitch chat with emotes, which eventually changed to
    "Let me explain the situation.

There was no Diretide, and the hit the fan.

Disgruntled players starded spamming twitch chat with emotes, which eventually changed to people losing on purpose in-game to "call Valve's attention" and finally to defacing Wikipedia articles and raiding the game Metascore.

Again, because there was no holiday event, which by the way, lots of people complained last year because it was imbalanced and was delaying the release of new heroes.

But remember, the issue is not about the event (or lack of it) but about "Valve's disrepect and lack of communication for the community" about a event which people expected to happen thought it was never officially announced or hinted in any way."

-Nerf NOW!!
  27. Nov 2, 2013
    we have a piece of crap of community but the game is awesome,and also do not play it if u r not able to get harassed a lot.............................
  28. Nov 3, 2013
    Youve got millions of dollars on interactive compediums, and gave up on diretide? Who are you after all?! I have always respected valve for their work, but it seems, they dont give a damn about their community...
  29. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change the gameplay at all
  30. Nov 8, 2013
    Trolls wanted diretide so they downvoted this game.. it's time to fix your alright

31. Nov 8, 2013
    they did give diretide­
  32. Nov 8, 2013
    This is the game that you'll play for the rest of your life...if you can handle the trenches. READY UP SOLIDER IS A CLIMB TO THE TOP! but success is so so sweet.
  33. Nov 10, 2013
    In all seriousness, DotA is one of the best games I have ever played. I got hooked 10+ years ago in high school, half of our class was testing out the pool of WC3 custom games, and AoS was amazing; AoS later evolved into the wonderfully balanced DotA. It has been a blast to play this game on and off for years, and Valve's interpretation of DotA 2 is by far the most true game to theIn all seriousness, DotA is one of the best games I have ever played. I got hooked 10+ years ago in high school, half of our class was testing out the pool of WC3 custom games, and AoS was amazing; AoS later evolved into the wonderfully balanced DotA. It has been a blast to play this game on and off for years, and Valve's interpretation of DotA 2 is by far the most true game to the original design. The improvements implemented are beyond my wildest expectations, and their support of the growing professional scheme has completely blown my mind. DotA is a strategy game enjoyable at any skill level, recently a handful of coworkers tried it out and have been hooked as well. I'm pleased to see the wide appeal of a team-based cooperative yet highly competitive game mixing elements of micro-management, RPG, and tower defense. DotA gave birth to an amazing new genre of gaming and Dota 2 well deserves to be at the forefront of computer gaming, catering to serious and casual players alike, without damaging micro-transactions, and is posed to lead the gaming community into a new era of broadcasted e-sports. Well played, GG Expand
  34. Nov 21, 2013
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dobre dobre, best game of the week, i love this game so much,

Ps. One more remark.

I rate Valve business model higher than Riot's all meaningful content is free. You pay only for visuals (or access to transmissions from tournaments). In LoL you are encouraged to spend usually new champions are stronger than existing plus limited choice of champions affects your game-play. This is very discouraging
  36. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played, completely addictive. I always come back for more. I hope to see the user rating for this game improve! Get some friends and give it a go!
  37. Nov 9, 2013
    Although the learning curve is a bit steep, the depth to the Dota gameplay and mechanics provide a fun and challenging experience. Dota is a game about strategy, skill, timing, and coordination with your team. And of my 1600 games played, no two have ever felt the same. Although having to put up with valve time for updates and new content can be annoying at times, it is well worth it forAlthough the learning curve is a bit steep, the depth to the Dota gameplay and mechanics provide a fun and challenging experience. Dota is a game about strategy, skill, timing, and coordination with your team. And of my 1600 games played, no two have ever felt the same. Although having to put up with valve time for updates and new content can be annoying at times, it is well worth it for the quality of the updates that is gained as a result. Expand
  38. Nov 14, 2013
    One of the most competitive games requiring intense, meaningful decisionmaking and strategy that makes other games pale in comparison-- all for the price of $0. Unlike other f2p games, Dota 2 is completely dedicated to making sure that nothing that is available for purchase in the game gives any sort of advantage-- all you'll find in the Dota 2 store are extra costumes and pets that areOne of the most competitive games requiring intense, meaningful decisionmaking and strategy that makes other games pale in comparison-- all for the price of $0. Unlike other f2p games, Dota 2 is completely dedicated to making sure that nothing that is available for purchase in the game gives any sort of advantage-- all you'll find in the Dota 2 store are extra costumes and pets that are just pretty reskins of existing models. There is nothing separating your account from any of the professional players and will never have to be concerned about being beaten by a player merely because they have played the game longer than you and have more customization options.

Now, all of that is fine and dandy-- but utterly meaningless if the game is bad. Good thing that isn't a concern either-- the gameplay in Dota is on a much larger scale than any other game within the genre. The magnitude of the plays that you can make are massive, and each character is radically different from another rather than being a slight variation within the same role with a slightly different line-shaped nuke, gap-closer, and steroid. Extra abilities are purchased as items, which often have active effects that can give you an edge over your enemies or make your combos flow faster and harder.

Finally, the game is developed by VALVe and has quickly overshadowed their other games, Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike in terms of playerbase and is steadily climbing. Dota 2 will continue to grow, but even now there's no concern for a dead playerbase or long matchmaking queues. Balance of the game is undertaken by the enigmatic Icefrog, an anonymous developer with complete creative control of the game who has been controlling the game's direction for the past decade. He is the man who has grown Dota 2 from a small minigame diversion to a trailblazer for the genre and has inspired a steady amount of games to rise in his wake. It is not clear if he will ever be unmasked, but numerous theories float around the internet!
  39. Jul 28, 2013
    Great game, well balanced all heroes are available from the get go. Matchmaking and player community maybe the game's only downfalls. The cosmetic equipment along with the couriers allow for a lot of trading and community interaction a very nice feature considering steam's already large player base...
  40. Aug 12, 2013
    Dota2 in the hands of Valve. That is all that should honestly be said. All negative reviews are due to new player not having the patience to understand the mechanics of this game. While League of Legends is often the one most compared to dota, the two are vastly different and drawing this parallel is futile as their target audiences are wholly different.

To make something absolutely

To make something absolutely clear, every single hero is a viable option, it all depends upon the player's style, skill level, and the team composition. Many will tout that this game's lacking is in its community, yet do not strive to take the effort to find the players worth adding as friends and developing partners whom compliment your play style. You might as well say your local coffee shop has a bad community, but that doesn't accurate reflect the coffee shop as a whole does it now?

To those new, give it time. It's a game that (very much like counter strike) you have to take a bit more seriously to truly enjoy. Once you hit the base level of understanding specific characters and being rewarded for such, it's a satisfaction unlike any other.

Updates are regular, players can report and feedback, plus there are built in skins, mods, and collectibles to enhance what once was a 1 dimensional experience.
  41. Nov 1, 2013
    no feedback from devs since ages, dota1 was a perfect game that only needed a good platform to turn competitive but then there is all this being removed or implemented without any good reason or discussion with the community:

mute system finally stopped being so up as before but stupid feature ranking system unexistant, i know dozens of people who play LoL instead of dota2 because

mute system finally stopped being so up as before but stupid feature
    ranking system unexistant, i know dozens of people who play LoL instead of dota2 because of this
    too much focus on cosmetic want to make money but don't want to fix the 900 bugs on the list?
    matchmaking matchmaking getting people with 10 wins to play with 2000 wins veterans
    hidden profiles boohoo i'm so pro and people always focus me, disregard the part where 90% of my games i have people doing tryhard support because im denda

This about "give diretide" is just about people who have literally NO POINT in playing the game since there is no ranking and everything is hidden; i vote 0 because there is no other way to get devs attention than to talk and do ****(NO FEEDBACK)
  42. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 is an amazing game, made by an absolutely terrible team. Hasn't been updated in almost a half a year, no community interaction on what's going on, while the only thing that gets added is cash shop items. Expand
  43. Nov 9, 2013
    Excellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is…
  44. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide.
    NO New Hero.
    NO Normal matchmaking system.
    New updates is new sets and tickets.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS!
    MORE! MORE TICKETS AND HATS! MORE!
  45. Nov 14, 2013
    Nice game. THis is game is really awesome. In every aspect. So much better than lol, and hon. but Lol sucks more than hon. I don't even know how good that smite is, but I think it's better than lol. because Lol sucks ballz. and Dota 2 is bezt.
  46. Jul 22, 2013
    This game is like COD, hard at first but once you get the hang of it you get pretty decent. I found this game amazing and yet it had its challenging moments but it it an overall amazing game. I we can't forget its free!
  47. Nov 1, 2013
    No new characters, no variety, it can not be fun for the players for a long time, the only thing is the new things that are worth more than their price, they are only cosmetic in nature (not always attractive), this is good, but the price for it's overpriced.
    and the last, I was very disappointed by the attitude valve to the players DotA 2. all hoping for diretide, but is not got no updates regarding
  48. Jul 28, 2013
    Best game I have ever played since 2005. A lot of combos to perform and item builds to choose from. Very balanced and challenging. The battle part starts on the picking phase where you should choose the hero that can counter the enemy. Have deep learning curve though. I've been playing this game for 8 years and still learning and getting better. One key to win this game is 100% teamBest game I have ever played since 2005. A lot of combos to perform and item builds to choose from. Very balanced and challenging. The battle part starts on the picking phase where you should choose the hero that can counter the enemy. Have deep learning curve though. I've been playing this game for 8 years and still learning and getting better. One key to win this game is 100% team strategy and coordination. Expand
  49. Jul 29, 2013
    First of all, I would like to point out that every hero in this game is free, you do not need flash or ignite to do well, there are no mastery points, you do not have to buy runes and you can get "skins" for free just by playing. WIth that said, this game is amazing. Every hero is unique and icefrog really cares about hero balance. You do not see the same 10-20 heroes in every game or evenFirst of all, I would like to point out that every hero in this game is free, you do not need flash or ignite to do well, there are no mastery points, you do not have to buy runes and you can get "skins" for free just by playing. WIth that said, this game is amazing. Every hero is unique and icefrog really cares about hero balance. You do not see the same 10-20 heroes in every game or even in every tournament. People do not complain if you run rogue or you stray from 1 top laner, 1 mid laner, 1 support and 1 ADC bottom and a jungler. You can run 3 top, 1 mid 1 bot; 0 top, 1 mid, 4 bot; 1 top 3 mid 1 bot, etc etc. Also leavers do not ruin the game because the game will become safe to leave. The report and mute system is also better than League of Legends. You know what else this game has? A better client, less bugs, better voice acting, replays, and SingSing. 10/10. Expand
  50. Jul 30, 2013
    Not one of the best, this game is the best multiplayer 5v5 MOBA. Though a bit(actually a lot) hard to learn but once you know all of it, you will not find a better multiplayer game to play!
  51. Aug 4, 2013
    Complex gameplay great game lot of heroes TRULY f2p 1 map and infinite ways to play .
    This game reminds me to chess no match is equal to another
  52. Aug 9, 2013
    Following Valve's success with TF2; Dota 2, the successor to the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of The Ancients is truly free to play in all game content. The only things purchasable in game are cosmetics and tournament passes. Dota 2 is essentially the exact same game as DoTA except that it has been ported to Valve's source engine. The menus and user interface are extremelyFollowing Valve's success with TF2; Dota 2, the successor to the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of The Ancients is truly free to play in all game content. The only things purchasable in game are cosmetics and tournament passes. Dota 2 is essentially the exact same game as DoTA except that it has been ported to Valve's source engine. The menus and user interface are extremely streamlined and includes tournament integration if there is one in progress.

The game has a harsh learning curve that not everyone will be able to appreciate. But, it is highly rewarding once you learn the game. The community is not nearly as toxic as other reviewers are trying to make it out to be. Most of these reviewers are probably overly sensitive people to begin with. The community that I've been exposed to may be slightly elitist, but that's to be expected from a game with this competitive nature and learning curve. However, although elitist most of the players are willing to give advice and help out if they are asked to. Don't let one toxic player ruin your experience of this amazing game.

The game is smooth, tightly integrated, stays true to its predecessor, and has possibly the best matchmaking system of any MOBA to date. If you're a fan of the genre and want a challenge then this is the game to be playing. If not, then look elsewhere.
  53. Aug 13, 2013
    Amazing. Amazing and Amazing. First it was a mod for War3 called 3-Corridors, DotA finally was started, then they added a jungle and many years later, Valve buys it. They have done an Amazing job with this game and as some of the other critics say, just give it some time and you are in for a real treat. A+ Add me on Steam if you want to learn 'cultavix'.
  54. Sep 1, 2013
    one of the best newold game in steam.Valve version of dota do a real quality,but time show can Valve add some newgood features in classic defence of ancient.Score only 8 becouse 1)This retared Pro-Dota community 2)Usless workshopdonate.Time will show how good a Valve Dota.
  55. Nov 1, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE
  56. Nov 2, 2013
    No updates.
    No new heroes.
    No ladder system.
    No events.
    **** matchmaking.
    Only hats, hats, hats, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS and HATS.
  57. Nov 3, 2013
    No new heroes. No diretide. Give DIRETIDE!!!
    Garbage report system
    Dota is dead with Gabe and valve,
    DotA forever!
    つ Give DIRETIDE!!!
  58. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Normal matchmaking system
    New updates is new sets and tickets.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS
    MORE! MORE TICKETS AND HATS! MORE!
  59. Nov 2, 2013
    The people rating this game 0 are incredibly childish and I must admit I'm ashamed to be considered a part of the same community as them. I'm disappointed about there being no Diretide as well, but it really doesn't matter and definitely doesn't call for such an immature move as this one. For anyone seriously looking at the reviews this is a great game, but as you can tell does have aThe people rating this game 0 are incredibly childish and I must admit I'm ashamed to be considered a part of the same community as them. I'm disappointed about there being no Diretide as well, but it really doesn't matter and definitely doesn't call for such an immature move as this one. For anyone seriously looking at the reviews this is a great game, but as you can tell does have a fairly large amount of idiots. You aren't likely to run into them now as if they're as pissed as they seem they'll leave the game; Hopefully for good. Expand
  60. pmR
    Aug 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 it's a game for those who like a challenge... Camera is, very good for the gameplay, unless, you don´t have a USB Mouse on you're laptop. But, don't think you are going in the game, and crack some heads... If you want to bee a massive skull crusher player, you need to practice.

In the game you have lot's of Heroes, or, characters, if you like, you can buy things to improve damage, intelligence, to improve everything during that round.

But, in short, if you wanna play, play, and PRACTICE, i advice it, it's a very, very good game
  61. Sep 5, 2013
    One of the most famous MOBA Dota has a second version created by Steam only. Though as a Dota player for as long as I can recall, Dota has been awsome.Though Dota 2 is same there are many defects. Though you guys need to be patient, all the heroes will come out soon inlcuding steams original design for heroes. But sadly, playing Dota 2 frequently or if you have not played Dota means thatOne of the most famous MOBA Dota has a second version created by Steam only. Though as a Dota player for as long as I can recall, Dota has been awsome.Though Dota 2 is same there are many defects. Though you guys need to be patient, all the heroes will come out soon inlcuding steams original design for heroes. But sadly, playing Dota 2 frequently or if you have not played Dota means that you are one of the new noobs amongst everyone else who are not sure of how to play. If you want to be a pro i recommend getting Dota and practising with insane bots or getting Garena. It is also completely free. Almost no payments required accept for skins. It is still a more competitive game than LoL and HotN. It almost never gets boring, Though if your after a game with good graphics and not gameplay i suggest something else. What NaaR is talking about is LoL.And i must say Dota 2's waiting time is way better than LoL. It does deliver very frequently, but yes the fun part is that the suprise of know who is going to play with your or against you, nobody knows but sadly you cant check others ping. A flame fest can start but it depends actually. Its just a luck. But i think the new compendium match is a way to play against those who are competitive. And at least you do not draw the same hero as the opponent team. There is a counteract for each hero in the game unlike LoL where if 1 hero has been made a slight bit easier to play, they will nerf it to the extent that you can no longer stand playing. And unlike LoL there is no mastery or runes and stuff making everyone equal, it just depends whether they know how to play or not.Though for NaaR i recommend LoL on garena servers not american servers.
    Though despite what I have said, For about 6-8 years of playing Dota I have not found such a big a issue.
  62. Sep 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best moba game ever. I like it due to its balance, its depth, and most of all, the fun of playing it. You spend 40 minutes, and what you going through is not just a compitation, but a war. Expand
  63. Nov 2, 2013
    November 2, 2013. I revert my 9/10 score to a 1/10 due to a change of opinion about the game's developers.

More than 4 months of waiting for any actual content that aren't cosmetic items and the community got nothing. On November 1, Valve chose to update the game with more cosmetic items instead of giving the community the highly anticipated ANNUAL Halloween Dota2 event "Diretide", a huge slap to the face of their fans who were waiting for any sort of actual content. The game was in beta for more than 2 years and they still couldn't port all the Dota 1 heroes because they choose to shove as much cosmetic items down their costumers' throats instead of working on actual game content, better matchmaking, or bug fixes.

Meanwhile, Valve apologists still defend this company's terrible practices of keeping the community in the dark and berate people who are angered by Valve's practices. I bet these same people would shove a horse's penis up their anuses if Valve ordered them to do it, not surprising too because Gabe and the majority of the community are Bronies and they'd love nothing more than getting screwed by ponies.

1/10 Bad developers, terrible community, dead game.
  64. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Direride DirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDirerideDireride Expand
  65. Nov 2, 2013
    There is a 150 character minimum for reviews. If your review contains spoilers, please check the Spoiler box. Please do not use ALL CAPS. There is no HTML allowed. Your review may be edited for content
  66. Nov 2, 2013
    Everyone is giving this game a bad score, but they'll keep on playing it.

Dota 2 is fun, addicting and very challenging and an amazing game altogether.
    You can spend hours endlessly playing and there's so much to learn from the pro scene.
    I love watching Dota 2 matches almost as much as I do playing them!

This game is amazing and deserves being recognised as such.
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    No communication between developer and the community.Valve abandoned the game and don't release updates, it's been 4 months since the latest release of a new hero.
  68. Nov 2, 2013
  69. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. NO Diretide
  70. Nov 2, 2013
  71. Nov 2, 2013
    Nice helloween, valve, nice!
    No updates.
    No new heroes.
    No ladder system.
    No events.
  72. Nov 2, 2013
    A really smooth and slick MOBA game, the best there is. I´ve played HoN, LoL and a few other MOBAs. Dota2 is by far the best and the most promising one for future E-sport. I will rate +8. The reason I will not give 10 is lack of public rating system and the total loss of admins to run the community and in game (russians)
  73. Nov 2, 2013
    Thanks for your hat, Volvo! Seriously though, Is money takes up your whole mind already or something? Why kept silence to your Dota 2 community? It's your game, Valve, not belong anybody else, and why you still doing this to your Dota 2 fan? Hats? more like a big you" to the community...
  74. Nov 2, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE
  75. Nov 2, 2013
  76. Nov 2, 2013
    This game, is just perfect.

lots of people are disappointed because of the Diretide, but they are working on the new heroes, they are almost done and i bet they will come in by Christmas, so there's no need to rage, you can play Diretide at unofficial servers, it's just as fun!
  77. Nov 2, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE
  78. Nov 2, 2013
    This is a really beautifully made game. The animations are extremely smooth and the detail in the characters and the world are fantastic. I've played 500 hours of this game, so I think I have a pretty good Idea about it. At the beginning, you might think that there are OP characters, however, there are counters so everything. Anyone is OP if they are fed by someone, so that's not a validThis is a really beautifully made game. The animations are extremely smooth and the detail in the characters and the world are fantastic. I've played 500 hours of this game, so I think I have a pretty good Idea about it. At the beginning, you might think that there are OP characters, however, there are counters so everything. Anyone is OP if they are fed by someone, so that's not a valid reason to mark the game down. The community in this game is questionable, as you can get some really nice players and some really insulting individuals, which can slightly ruin the game, however, that's not the games fault, it's the peoples. Expand
  79. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best online MOBA i have ever played; and they actually listened to us now by giving us diretide in the next update. We need to fix this score people, should have never went down this low.
  80. Nov 2, 2013
    OK Guys we got it.
    This is a Site to rate or criticise a Game not to be a freakin childish moron.
    And Guys you think they dont want to release something? I think we ll get a new hero in the near future so just STAY CALM FFS!

Awesome Game with or without Diretide.
  81. Nov 2, 2013
    The game is itself good I don't care that those nerds want diretide If you want a good haloween just go somewhere else not into dota dear hat-o-fappers Bad thing is valve taught us that more hats (as of Team Fortress 2 CS:GO) is better than skill But overall game is the best i have played Yes community seems bad but why don't you get some of your friends to play with youThe game is itself good I don't care that those nerds want diretide If you want a good haloween just go somewhere else not into dota dear hat-o-fappers Bad thing is valve taught us that more hats (as of Team Fortress 2 CS:GO) is better than skill But overall game is the best i have played Yes community seems bad but why don't you get some of your friends to play with you Because you're a nerd Expand
  82. Nov 2, 2013
    In my opinion, the game is perfect. Even though you played for about 3-4(or more) years, the game is still fun. This shows how skillful you are at skirmishes (teamfights), teamwork, and most of all MATURITY.

I just don't get why some people are sooooooo immature. That's why I rated Dota 2 8 because of its bad (very) community.
  83. Nov 14, 2013
    Best free to play game in a true sense. There's no need to buy new heroes, no Pay-to-win issue at all. The game is absolutely fantastic especially after Valve has been putting focus on server stability, balance and the most importantly, community. It's amazing how the game has been improved since its first Beta launch back in 2011. I've played Dota 1, LoL, HoN, and Smite
  84. Nov 3, 2013
    No Diretide. No communication with the community from Valve. No new hero in more than 3 months only hats and more hats to make more money. Disband Volvo please.
  85. Nov 3, 2013
    Compared to League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, Dota 2 has more unique heroes and items. It is more advanced and rewarding than LoL. It is slower than HoN, which is important in team fights. The best popular MOBA out there.
  86. Nov 8, 2013
    DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN Expand
  87. Nov 8, 2013
    You never know when you're about to be hooked ;)
    This game may not appeal to gamers who don't enjoy strategy/MOBA games, but if so, it is (in my opinion) the highest quality MOBA game out there right now.
    You never know when you're about to be hooked ;)
    I played this before playing LoL, the learning curve is indeed very steep and it's best to start off with bots and the experience will be all the more better with FRIENDS. That's right, get some buddies and you will enjoy Dota 2 so much more.
    I love the artstyle, I love the various mechanics and quirks, and I love the authenticity of the whole game. Give it a go!
  88. Nov 8, 2013
    A game that I continue to find entertaining 2 years into the process of creating parity with the original. Fantastic development team; one that makes the occasional error (Diretide :P) but still continues to do well. 10/10 has already been recommended to most of my friends. Be careful though, the community can be incredibly intimidating and unforgiving but there are some friendly playersA game that I continue to find entertaining 2 years into the process of creating parity with the original. Fantastic development team; one that makes the occasional error (Diretide :P) but still continues to do well. 10/10 has already been recommended to most of my friends. Be careful though, the community can be incredibly intimidating and unforgiving but there are some friendly players out there! Expand
  89. Nov 14, 2013
    Diretide delivered. 10 delivered.

Also: after 1000+ hours in games, still great game. Almost every aspect of game is... 1 5 0 char limit. Just 1 more
  90. Nov 9, 2013
    I have been playing this game since early beta and it has improved from what was an already great game. It that mixes strategy individual skill timing and practice, the only complaint that I can make is it is a huge time sink. if you decide to play this game make sure you have nothing better to be doing for the next year or so...
  91. Nov 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Much like with anything worth doing, getting good at Dota 2 requires a fair bit of practice. There are more than a hundred heroes to choose from, each with their own characteristic play style. Kunkka is the best hero. A++ game, would play again. Expand
  92. Nov 10, 2013
    As an avid gamer of many genres Dota 2 is probably my favorite long-standing game, ever. At this point I have put 922 hours into the game since I started playing it in February of 2012.

What has always amazed me about the game is the attention to details. The map, the character commentary between characters,the smallest things that make the game so incredibly unique. I love this game

I love this game and enjoy all the new content Valve brings to the table, my only wish is that that happened more often. However, I can't hold it against them because the quality of content they do release is superb.
  93. Nov 14, 2013
    I've played many games with class based systems and what have you, and they all have major imbalances. The fact that DotA manages to have such finely tuned balanced with the ridiculous amount of heroes is nothing short of amazing. An incredibly fun, balanced, polished game that is completely free to play. What more can you ask for? Play it.
  94. Nov 14, 2013
    After the wave of 0s from Diretide immature children and the harassment of an innocent car manufacturer, I declare Operation Restore Dota 2's score begun.
  95. Dec 8, 2013
    Lets put it this way. Not only is it the best MOBA game, it is the game that redefines what F2P means. Everything is unlocked from the beginning. It takes over 4k hours of gameplay to unlock every hero in League of Legends.

Everything in Dota 2 is free, its cosmetic. Not only is this a great f2p model, but it is also so well done that it becomes a serious addiction. Just look at the marketplace and the prices some of the items are going for. It is truly the new standard in how a f2p model should work. Not only are items available, they are made by the community itself, giving modders and creative people an opportunity to make money and do what they love.

Dota 2 is a complex game. It is not easy. It has a steep learning curve and it will kick your ass. However, it is the most satisfying experience in multiplayer gaming since the quake arena days.

Winning a match two barracks down is the best feeling in the world. Not only this, but you will identify yourself with the heroes. Players will not call you by your username or name, but by your hero name, putting you in the role of that hero.

Dota 2 is by far the best MOBA game ever made hands down. If you want a simple MOBA, casual with lots of players go play League of Legends, it has its advantages such as a ranked MMR system.

Dota 2 is for the serious players and the hardcore gamers.
  96. Feb 7, 2014
    While DotA is (relatively) easy to learn, it is impossible to master. This makes for a continuing rich experience for the player as they will learn and grow in skill and strategy with other players of rough parity. You are matched (most of the time) with other players of similar skill, and this insures that you are challenged, but not obliterated, as you learn to play.

DotA has also

DotA has also introduced ranked matchmaking, which is highly recommended as it allows you to play with others of similar language, skill level, and passion.
  97. Mar 25, 2014
    Dota 2 is the revolution in cybersport. It makes e-gaming feel like real serious sport, as it was football or basketball. And this is the main merit of Dota2 and Valve.
    Besides game is really great, it is deep, variative, competitive, hard.
    Besides game is really great, it is deep, variative, competitive, hard.
    The ones who dislike it are the fans of LoL(which is another great MOBA Btw), conservative fans of Dota1, or the ones who doesn't want to spent like 1000 hours(real 1000 hours) to understand mechanics of game(Usually they want to be pro after completing tutorial, like in every SP shooter, never playing MP coz, surprise there are always bunch of players playing much better then you) .
    Love it or hate it, DOTA 2 is the BIGGEST GAME that was created by industry.
  98. Aug 13, 2014
    I've played this game for 273 hours and I think this game is great with good replay value but its gets competitive quick + it becomes a race for the toxic heroes or for there counters but its worth playing if you like mobas
  99. Aug 16, 2014
    The game has come a long way since 2013, the only problem I could really find was the few miss behaved people who float around in the community. They should really try to respect the people trying to have some fun.

Don't misunderstand, I've spent around 800 hours of my life playing Dota 2, and there's not always insolent and jerks to play with, I've met really nice people whom I've the luck to play with.
  100. Aug 17, 2014
    Awesome. Game Nice graphics.Just Server issues which really suck as they Give Low priority. Otherwise its good game.Its best game in Free to play category.

1. Aug 15, 2017
    And this dichotomy is perhaps the best descriptor I can attach to Dota 2. It is frequently a game which occupies two opposite spaces simultaneously. It is the best game. It is also the worst game. No game has ever made me as miserable as Dota 2 has. But no game has made me feel so consistently rewarded for my time, and as consistently, wonderfully connected to the friends I play it with.
  2. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  3. Games Master UK