Dota 2 PC

6.5

1. Jul 18, 2013
    One of the best multiplayer games of all time and it's FREE. Much better than League of Legends, all heroes are FREE and it's deeper and more complex. Very steep learning curve, may be too hard for the average Call of Duty casual gamer.
  2. Jul 31, 2013
    This game is most definitely the best looking MOBA out there today. The graphics are great, the gameplay is flawless, its everything that was great about the original DOTA without all of the issues. Not to mention it is fully free, you can play all the heroes without paying a dime and everything that is sold is purely cosmetic. The community is what you make of it, if you play with randomThis game is most definitely the best looking MOBA out there today. The graphics are great, the gameplay is flawless, its everything that was great about the original DOTA without all of the issues. Not to mention it is fully free, you can play all the heroes without paying a dime and everything that is sold is purely cosmetic. The community is what you make of it, if you play with random people and don't make an effort to play with people you know and just do constant solo matchmaking, you aren't going to enjoy yourself on ANY MOBA that is out today. There is a steep learning curve and people do expect after about 100 games for you to understand the basics, so if you are a casual gamer who doesn't want to have to do a little bit of reading then I would suggest move on. On the other hand if advanced strategy mixed with fast paced team PvP sound like your niche then you should definitely check it out. Expand
  3. Aug 3, 2013
    Balanced and skill based moba experience, unlike other dota-look-alikes, it maintains originality and rewards gamers for proper play in the form in game rewards. With a non "cash grab" business model, dota2 allows all players to stage battles on an fair playingfield. All heros are avaliable for all players to use right from the start, regardless of game experience or wallet size.

Game

Game play wise, dota 2 has a steep learning curve, skills on most heros are designed to used at the most opportune time, and should not be spamed. Hero kills are rewarded, while deaths are heavily punished in the form of gold loss, and a revive timer.

there is no one single battle plan for wining, Although team interaction is key. if you are looking for a team oriented battle arena with real rewards for effective play and consequences for mistakes, then dota 2 is for you!
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    Best game ever. I don't know why people still choose Dota 1 over Dota 2, not that I'm hating on Dota 1, I loved that game. Dota 2 improved on every aspect of it. Dota 2 is the best MOBA.

On a side note. International 3 guys! $2.7 million dollars distributed to the tournament. Such a large price pool. DOTA 2 FTW
  5. Sep 12, 2013
    I always avoided MOBAs because I didn't deem myself smart enough to be able to play them. I still do, but at least now I'm trying, and with that comes the realization of how detailed and complex the mechanics are and... I don't know, it really is interesting. Add to that that the product is wrapped with Valve's style (graphics, voice responses, all those little things) and there you haveI always avoided MOBAs because I didn't deem myself smart enough to be able to play them. I still do, but at least now I'm trying, and with that comes the realization of how detailed and complex the mechanics are and... I don't know, it really is interesting. Add to that that the product is wrapped with Valve's style (graphics, voice responses, all those little things) and there you have it: the perfect storm. Well, it's hardly a random thing such as a "storm", it's pretty much Valve's MO to take a good idea from some kind of old mod and give it full attention with these things to ornate and make it its own product. It's not for everyone, but like it or not, able to play it or not, it's just well made. Expand
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    What a bad game, Valve didn't give us Diretide and worst of all they didn't communicate to the community or announce anything. Seriously, where the communication? You came to the wrong dongerhood, Valve.
  7. Jul 22, 2013
    best game ever, balanced heroes, no pay to win all you pay for is cosmetics, not only this but games are exhilterating and isnt about farming

it blows crappy league of legends out of the water
  8. Jul 17, 2013
    The best strategy/co-op multiplayer game ever. A lot of efects, and too many heroes and itens for you to play. It nevers get bored. I definitely recommend this game.
  9. Jul 17, 2013
    Awesome game, if you are new to the genre just practice a lot, its hard at the start just try to reach the point where you enjoy the game even if you lose

PD: if you have emotional disorder, dont play this game
  10. Jul 20, 2013
    This game takes critical thinking. That's why it's fun. You make decisions and learn from them. Working with friends or strangers over a relatively long period of time to dominate your enemy can be extremely fun. It's also awesome when notice yourself improving.
  11. Jul 28, 2013
    Its simply the Greatest PC game ever made. Yes its hard, yes its unforgiving, and yes some of the community are a bunch of idiots... but don't let that put you off. Keep going with it.. once you have learned how to play there is no video game PC game in the world that can touch it for awesomeness.
  12. Jul 31, 2013
    I used to be an warcraft DotA addict and a hater not willing to play LoL, HoN or similar dota-like games. This is a genuine DotA successor. Of course it takes few games to get used to it, but when you do you realize it's the good old DotA additionally enhanced beyond your imagination since it's a standalone game, not limited by the warcraft. Everything that was ever missing in the oldI used to be an warcraft DotA addict and a hater not willing to play LoL, HoN or similar dota-like games. This is a genuine DotA successor. Of course it takes few games to get used to it, but when you do you realize it's the good old DotA additionally enhanced beyond your imagination since it's a standalone game, not limited by the warcraft. Everything that was ever missing in the old dota has been added and upgraded. Currently this is the best multiplayer & coop arpg game available. And it's for free Expand
  13. Nov 1, 2013
    Fantastic game which has managed to keep me enraptured for 300+ hours and with no sign of slowing. While updates aren't always lightning fast, they are worth the wait. Don't let some whining children poison your view of it.
  14. Nov 2, 2013
    Tactically speaking there is a lot more to this than most basic pvp fests. Even playing against bots can be fun. I have to say I wasn't expecting when I got on this page such a huge backlash but then I guess we're talking about the kind of people for whom a game that costs you nothing and is lovingly crafted and designed just isn't good enough,
  15. Sep 10, 2013
    Way better than LOL in any way, completely stopped playing lol and called my friends to dota! it doesnt have trolls, its not pay 2 win like league, its just amazing
  16. Nov 1, 2013
    GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide GivE DireTide
  17. Nov 1, 2013
    Okay,DotA is not a bad game overall. Its the game I became a fan of. The word fan includes fanatism and giving my beloved doto a 0 is sign of this fanatism. I don't do this because I'm childish,nor I do this to prevent anybody to play the game. Its great and yeah,MOSTLY valve did a great job in the past. But they screwed it over this time. Reading all of these give Diretide posts? ItOkay,DotA is not a bad game overall. Its the game I became a fan of. The word fan includes fanatism and giving my beloved doto a 0 is sign of this fanatism. I don't do this because I'm childish,nor I do this to prevent anybody to play the game. Its great and yeah,MOSTLY valve did a great job in the past. But they screwed it over this time. Reading all of these give Diretide posts? It might be a bit irritating for "outsiders" but in fact a very viable,alive game with one of the strongest gaming communities ever was bought by valve. In the begining they communicated and had visible progress,I think I can say everyone in the community was glad they did their job that well. But after releasing the game,making it the biggest game on steam and such... there was nothing. There still is nothing. Silence,no updates. Heroes were added in like weekly back in the beta days,there are still A LOT of heroes missing from old DotA 1 and well... no overall progress for months. But it was okay,the people believed in something cool for Diretide (the Halloween event held last year),it was like everyone was saying: "It's okay you don't have the heroes just give us something new to play". NOTHING. Not even a "sorry we cant do it this year" nor bug fixes (this is another pretty big problem,there are about 1000 KNOWN BUGS not being fixed... well,since beta. So everyone was waiting for this update,because hey we didn't get anything else in the near past. Instead of releasing the halloween update they release cosmetic items (slang: hats) to buy. You know there are people refreshing a community driven page every 30seconds to know if there is a really needed update to a game that just went out of beta. There is none. Even sader there is no communication,there is no feel of improvement. There is just more stuff to spend your hard earned money on. And this is why all the people are mad and why this is absolutely legitimate. BECAUSE IT IS OUR (THE CUSTOMERS (its f2p,but the majority of this community spent money in good will)) way to show our disagreement IN HOPE TO CHANGE VALVES BEHAVIOUR IN THE FUTURE. Again this is not about DotA in general,this is about the games treatment by valve. they are literally killing their own child. I hope this is strong enough to beware em Expand
  18. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back! Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back! Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back! Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back! Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back!
  19. Nov 1, 2013
    no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide nono dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide no dire tide Expand
  20. Nov 8, 2013
    Game is alive! Game is alive! Game is alive! Game is alive! Game is alive! Game is alive! Game is alive! Game is alive! Game is alive! Game is alive! Game is alive!
  21. Nov 3, 2013
    Probably the deepest and most meaningful pvp experience you can have in an online game. From Hero choices, to lanes and item selections, this game has the possibilities of chess wrapped around a ridiculously skilled rts game.

Still learning and getting better 1000 hours in.
  22. Nov 8, 2013
    Best game ever love it's community who does not believe in communicating but in doing they just announced the annual event which they cancelled due to which the people were mad and gave it 0 meta score but believe me dota 2 rocks
  23. Jul 17, 2013
    Extremely fun and addictive game. Gameplay is complex but still fun even if you're only a casual gamer.

Only problem is that it's a little hard to learn for a complete beginner, but that has recently been fixed with in-game tutorials.
  24. Aug 5, 2013
    Pure perfection......you cant want more from this genere oh and did i menitoned its completely free? and every new hero will be so you dont need to spend a penny for this game and you are on same ground like ppl who put $1000s into it, skill is only thing which matters in dota and tahts what makes it so great...
  25. Oct 5, 2013
    It's a great game, probably the best MOBA. All the haters, who give 0 score because of the community, amuse me so much :D Showing their ignorance. First solution play with FRIENDS (Find some if you don't have) Dota Teamplay, TEAM-based game. If you are greedy and not polite, of course everyone will mock you and it will be a gg. Second try some different mods! If you know all the heroesIt's a great game, probably the best MOBA. All the haters, who give 0 score because of the community, amuse me so much :D Showing their ignorance. First solution play with FRIENDS (Find some if you don't have) Dota Teamplay, TEAM-based game. If you are greedy and not polite, of course everyone will mock you and it will be a gg. Second try some different mods! If you know all the heroes (which is quite essential to be able to have a good experience) try CM, CD? The game mode where there is a captain, and the whole point of picking heroes is to counter enemies and communicate with the team. If you hate the community that much, well I guess you got no friends who play dota? Also if you don't like the European servers, play in US. The ping is not that high even if you are in Europe. And yeah, if you are new, best would be to have a friend who can teach you. Or just watch a lot of videos in youtube/tournaments in order to better understand the game. Don't cry just because you play online and knowing nothing makes your teammates angry. Of course, every second is gold and experience in dota :D Expand
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    This game still's awesome even with it's bad sides: horibble matchmaking, patches that make hell's demons out of already overpowered heroes. But never play it without full stack.
  27. Jul 16, 2013
    I have to say, DotA is the best moba ever.BUT, I don't wanna look like a racist but those Russians keep raping the game.I can't even report them because Valve gives us only 2 reports a day.If Valve actually does something about Russians, I'd gladly change my score to 10.
  28. Jul 16, 2013
    DotA is one of those games which define an important aspect of my life. I started playing dota before Frozen Throne even came out at my best friend's house and we used to skip school and wait for his dad to go to work in order sneak into his window and play dota all day. I have never gone more than a year since then without playing dota and now in Dota 2 I have almost 500 wins. I live inDotA is one of those games which define an important aspect of my life. I started playing dota before Frozen Throne even came out at my best friend's house and we used to skip school and wait for his dad to go to work in order sneak into his window and play dota all day. I have never gone more than a year since then without playing dota and now in Dota 2 I have almost 500 wins. I live in the Philippines now and it is the one way that my brother, cousin and I keep in touch and hang out. Expand
  29. Aug 28, 2013
    Lets begging with the fact that the game is amazing. Real gamers will love it, its a challenge and never-ended tactics moba. That say, lets talk about Bad things:

1. Matchmaking: Im a graphic designer, web developer and i know that coding is rly dificult, every fix bring 2 bugs. Match making is based on experience, records, roles, etc of a player, but some players as me, keep geting horrible teammates with bad behaviour, quiters, "reporters" (troll that report u for nothing), noobs, and first time players. making me lose, and getting a bad record, that send me more players like those... this must change.

2. Server Locations & Filters: US, EU, LA, everywhere we get russians, (we all agree that rusians trolls can be rly insane), if i want russians i would pick RU server, why i keep getting them? dunno...

Dota should have an auto critic bar, where i say witch my level is, so he can do a better job matchmaking. If the player is right about the level, then the bar stay still, if dont, it goes down.

3. Reports: i know this have perma fixes and changes everyday, but we are not ok with the way it works atm. Actually u can be a pro and be banned by trolls whom report you. That its insane, there should be certain of restrictions on who, how, and when u report players with better record than you.

Las and more important...

4. THE INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT How do teams participate? rules? request? where to sign? Steam/Valve is very noob there, this game requires more tournaments, and more important, Regional Tournaments (Like Soccer world cup, but less corrupted). SEA Tournaments, South America Tournaments, Central America Tournaments... This is crucial in order to get a better community and better gamers. Players needs it, The game Needs it, Valve MUST do it, and Players must demand it.

... And let the battle Begin's!.
  30. Nov 1, 2013
    The game's near limitless skill cap, as well as a varied hero choice makes it one of the strongest competitive games on the ESports Scene currently, though it can also be incredibly fun just to play casually. The spectator client's fantastic, and the frequent tournaments are incredible. That said, the flux of 0 ratings over a halloween event is childish, and an embarrassment to theThe game's near limitless skill cap, as well as a varied hero choice makes it one of the strongest competitive games on the ESports Scene currently, though it can also be incredibly fun just to play casually. The spectator client's fantastic, and the frequent tournaments are incredible. That said, the flux of 0 ratings over a halloween event is childish, and an embarrassment to the community. Anyone seriously considering the game should look past those. Expand
  31. Jul 26, 2013
    A good game if you play with your friends... you can really enjoy it! but if you are planning to play alone I advice you to just play your roll and don't read or listen what the others have to say
  32. Aug 10, 2013
    Dota 2 is deep, well designed and outstanding amongst the currently popular MOBA games. The generally competitive environment and most players mindset towards the game make me picture it as the new hope for future E-sports.

While Dota also holds onto its well-known standards of difficulty and depth in terms of gameplay, the recent addition of a much more extensive tutorial has made it much easier to access for new players. Also, since the game is free, it can be valued as of the few "true" f2p-titles out there.
  33. Aug 27, 2013
    It's hard to separate an online game from it's community and be objective about it, because let's face it, when it comes to online games the community often makes the game. For example, I raved about world of warcraft when I had a community of friends/guilds to play with but hated to game when those relationships waned. Dota2 is similar. If you don't have friends to play with you may beIt's hard to separate an online game from it's community and be objective about it, because let's face it, when it comes to online games the community often makes the game. For example, I raved about world of warcraft when I had a community of friends/guilds to play with but hated to game when those relationships waned. Dota2 is similar. If you don't have friends to play with you may be left wanting more. The reason is the US servers aren't locked at all so often times you have a lot of eastern europeans who speak very little English or a lot of south americans. The south americans are worse, they tend to be in groups or 2 or 3 and use the in game chat as a social hours going back in forth in Spanish or Portuguese the entire time (that's why private mumble servers are for). When I play with my friends we use mumble and only use in game chat for relevant in game things. If we want to vent about a player or socialize we keep it out of the game. And other times you just get plain old jerks who always roll carry heroes, complain if you don't babysit the crap out of them despite their bad positioning, poor farming, overall lack of knowledge etc. In short the community is hit or miss. Half the games suffer from obnoxious players while half are fine.

There's also some serious matchmaking issues. Skill levels are rarely equal unless you queue with a full group. Valve also hides their matchmaking ratings so you don't really know why or how you got in the match you got into. I'll go from a match against obvious brand new players to one against a full 5 who are on top of everything. So again hit or miss.

As far as gameplay though I couldn't ask for a more balanced and well designed game. The graphics are mediocre but the art style is good and I love the brightness of it. Compared to Heroes of Newerth (HoN) it looks so much more appealing. Some complain a lot about the animations say they're too slow and your heroes react far to slow, but this is appealing to me as well and part of the strategy. Not every hero last hits at the same pace so you need to learn them. By contracts HoN seemed very frantic to me without much time between decisions because every animation is so fast.

The balance and strategic depth are amazing. Valve does a great job patching and keeping every hero in order. There's so much strategy to picking teams and counter matchups and what to do in your lanes. It's a deceptive deep game. The downside is this creates a very high skill barrier to entry. It takes literally 30-50 games to understand the nuances of the game at all. Many players will become frustrated with this learning curve and simply won't like the game and that's fine. It's not for everyone. But if you take the time to learn what you're doing it's a wonderful pvp game.

There's a few things I think could be done a lot better like more maps, fixing the matchmaking, etc. There also really needs to be a vote to surrender and end obvious losses earlier. A blowout can be recognized 20 mins in but take another 20 mins to resolve. In general tech support is very good, game almost never crashes.

Overall judging the game for what it is, I give it a 9 because it simply is the best of the moba genre. But if you don't like mobas or online games stay away. If you want to really enjoy all dota2 has to offer do yourself a favor, dive in, expect to lose your first 10 games or so, read a lot of guides, watch some youtube clips and find a group of friends to play with.
  34. Aug 30, 2013
    A very competitive game, and a very tactical one is the only way i can describe this game. And to me that is a good thing. Above all else, it feels great to win a game against a good team.
  35. Sep 8, 2013
    This game is pure awesomeness. I hate with they did with the release though. The beta was MUCH BETTER FUN THAN THE RELEASE. The gold feature was annoying, but it didn't ruin the game play. Killing baddies was hard, but rewarding. The choice of heroes is crazy! Thus being made by Valve, we won't being a third to this game. Overall, this game is good, but can be approved more.
  36. Sep 21, 2013
    The best game I ever played after many years. Seriously awesome. The persons who game negative must be like 100% noobs in this game. Any way happy gaming guys.

I have been playing this game for 1000hours, want to play more and more I play.
    This game can be loved only by persons who like team work.
  37. Oct 7, 2013
    Classic MOBA .Easy 2 Play.Good graphic whoever come from DotA 1 want to play DotA 2 you can play easily. if you want better graphic than WC3 you must play DotA 2 now Dota 2 is available on Steam it's free to play mean everyone can play Dota 2
  38. Oct 16, 2013
    At 3000 hours played, it's difficult to make an accurate review when there is no real way to describe the game, any description that involves the word "Moba" should be disregarded.
  39. Nov 1, 2013
    well played VALVE all u have is hats and online sotre,no update and servers crash everyday!
    where's my diretide?where's my new hero?can't u employ more stuff?
    u know this is joking when we can't open the dota2 store in our country & vpn is forbiden,they just update bunch of items every week,sad!
  40. Nov 2, 2013
    If it wasn't a coin-flipping simulator, this game would get a 10.
    - matchmaking is broken in certain modes (all pick).
    - as with all games in the ARTS genre, the community is quite toxic.
    - a lot of non-US foreigners play well, but sometimes it's a nuisance.
    - gameplay has incredible depth and complexity and is very rewarding.
  41. Nov 2, 2013
    Flawless game indeed I just love it I'm a veteran 6 years of dota and i'll tell you why i still love it.Well is very simple play it with friends keep it simple watch the pros play especially chinese teams who are really good individual and teamplay apply different item builds on hero that YOU think it will work don't care what some 13 years old kid has to say," why u get phaseFlawless game indeed I just love it I'm a veteran 6 years of dota and i'll tell you why i still love it.Well is very simple play it with friends keep it simple watch the pros play especially chinese teams who are really good individual and teamplay apply different item builds on hero that YOU think it will work don't care what some 13 years old kid has to say," why u get phase boots on Juggernaut NOOB TARD that was 2 years ago being asked by a "pro" and now everybody is doing it.Play the game not for some ANNUAL EVENT play the game because you are having fun and when the game is no longer fun for you take a break for 2-3 weeks and come back.Peace Expand
  42. Nov 2, 2013
    Amazing game, other people are being immature.
    Amazing heroes, good items, nice team play, magic is awesome and anti-mage loves it even though he says he doesn't. Crazy good graphics, good game play. Love you Volvo. Valve need better communication though :P
  43. Nov 2, 2013
  44. Nov 2, 2013
    This is a wonderful game. I started playing only a couple weeks ago and I am hooked. The depth and fun keep pulling me in to play more and I am very happy to have found a nice alternative to League.
  45. Nov 2, 2013
    no dire tide no high score, you volvo
    no dire tide no high score, you volvo
    this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters this words for 150 characters
  46. Nov 2, 2013
    Stop with all the childish about Diretide ok?Dota2 is great.Valve have their own reason not not to release an event for us this year.Don't make dota 2 look bad
  47. Nov 2, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  48. Nov 3, 2013
    Garbage match making that has only got worse, no company communication (wtf no DireTide?). Left beta but has not improved on any mechanics or game-play. Several heroes still missing.
  49. Mar 22, 2014
    They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide.
  50. Nov 8, 2013
    Really great free game for those who wants some strategic team themed game. Has a steep learning curve that will grab you and captivate you from learning more new things.
  51. Dec 21, 2014
    Playing This game for a long time and it is still fun! Together with my friends we always have fun playing this game. The Game Improved great! Challenging other people's heroes,Teamwork is really needed and must be the first thing keep in mind,don't Be an **** 2 is great Moba game!
  52. Jul 16, 2013
    Dota is a game that most people will hate because, as Purge famously stated it, "Welcome to Dota 2, you suck." You will be terrible at the game for hundreds of hours, and you'll then realize how terrible you are, and then you'll start trying to actually get better only to realize you're nowhere as good as you thought you'd be after spending two thousand hours in-game. But don't let thatDota is a game that most people will hate because, as Purge famously stated it, "Welcome to Dota 2, you suck." You will be terrible at the game for hundreds of hours, and you'll then realize how terrible you are, and then you'll start trying to actually get better only to realize you're nowhere as good as you thought you'd be after spending two thousand hours in-game. But don't let that discourage you! Expand
  53. Jul 25, 2013
    Perfecta continuación de DotA, un juego que podra disfrutar por muchos años y nunca va a aburrir. Excelente balance de héroes, mejor comunidad que otros MOBA. Y es desarrollado por VALVE
  54. Jul 17, 2013
    Dota 2 is 100% skill based. You need to learn a lot in order to be successful. This is not for the casual, or is it? Its fun from the get go. You can constantly improve and that makes it fun.

But there are other Dota-esque game out there, why Dota 2? Well, LoL is to World of warcraft what Starcraft 2 is to Dota 2. There you have it. If you want a DotA game where the best skilled team

There you have it. If you want a DotA game where the best skilled team wins, you choose Dota 2.
  55. Jul 17, 2013
    Many heroes that differ greatly differ and each is truly a special and despite this diversity which is the balance very well. The game play is perfect desert I mean what can be improved. In Dota 2 tournaments are held constant. Another nice fact is that it is the game soon for Linux and Mac give.
  56. Jul 18, 2013
    Not a 10 because of the matching system. You jump from very good games to complete nonsense where you just wonder wtf (and you know that you have to waste 40 mins in a bad match-up)?

Overall a very good game.
  57. Jul 29, 2013
    I love this game because of the balance gameplay and clean graphics. And also it is F2P and also I am a dota fan thats why I love this game... FTW XD
  58. Sep 1, 2013
    I find it unfair to the game that most of the negative scores lack objectivity and come from people who are actually complaining about aggressive players.

Dota is seriously one of the best games ever if you enjoy a competitive atmosphere.
  59. Sep 8, 2013
    Mas de 30 min de acción online por partida, mucho mejor que el League of legends superando en todo sentido graficos, jugabilidad y mucho mas, sin lugar a duda unos de los mejores juegos online del 2013.
  60. Sep 10, 2013
    I can't thank Valve enough for bringing modernity to the game and making it a viable E-Sport. If I were to laud two improvements, it would be the matchmaking system and the shop in the game.
  61. Nov 1, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE Expand
  62. Nov 8, 2013
    Game is alive volvo apologized

I'm still watching you vulva

U bettha give me som enew heroes soo vulva. I'm watchdfkvgndfklsgdfsgdfsgdsfgdfsgdfgfdgfdg
  63. Nov 1, 2013
    An addictive game that will provide countless hours of entertainment. Lots to learn, best ARTS game there is. Unfortunately the community is childish and entitled.
  64. Nov 14, 2013
    Pros:

- seemingly infinite strategical aspects (!)
    - complex gameplay and mechanics
    - a thriving, international competitive scene
    - free to play
    - never gets boring (Really. I've been playing Dota 2 and it's precursor for 5-6 years now.)

Cons:

- steep learning curve
    - as in every multiplayer game, some people you encounter can be rude
  65. Nov 3, 2013
    best game you can ever play combines everything u can ever want from a strategy game. tough to learn but can be mastered and have an awesome competitive scenes
  66. Nov 8, 2013
    Doto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto soDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gdDoto so gd Expand
  67. Aug 29, 2014
    Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It'sThank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Expand
  68. Jul 17, 2013
    The game runs great, carrying the brilliant albeit somewhat unintuitive nature of the wc3 mod to a stand-alone Engine.

It's definitely clear that Valve puts lots of consideration and dedication into their work, Dota 2 is nothing short of superb.
  69. Jul 17, 2013
    It's an Awesome game,Perfect at both video and audio quality. And it have all the good parts from DOTA1 and be taken out BUGs.DOTA2 is DOTA!! Game matching still not perfect but it's way hard to judge the power level of both sides' player. Absolute balance power is impossible.But Valve is still improving it~~Thx Valve and Icefrog,and Eul~~
  70. Jul 19, 2013
    Great game that, despite having a single map, offers so much variety in terms of heroes and team interactivity that every single match feels unique. Not for the faint of heart, this game can take weeks or even months to become reasonably competent, but once you do...it is very enjoyable and rewarding. And if you learn the game the right way, even the learning process is tons of fun. ButGreat game that, despite having a single map, offers so much variety in terms of heroes and team interactivity that every single match feels unique. Not for the faint of heart, this game can take weeks or even months to become reasonably competent, but once you do...it is very enjoyable and rewarding. And if you learn the game the right way, even the learning process is tons of fun. But if learn it the wrong way...it can be horrible due to the community.

Speaking about that...if you are looking to get into DOTA2, here are a few tips that I think should make your n00b experience less painful:

1. Don't just stick to one or two heroes...in order to be a good player, you have to learn what the other heroes can do so you can better counter them. The worst thing in DOTA is to be ignorant of an opponent's abilities and then do something silly like run around when Bloodseeker ruptures you and wonder why you died. You only get this experience from trying out each hero.

2. On that note...until you are very confident, NEVER pick a hero you haven't played before in a multiplayer game. Always try out new heroes in bot games so you can get comfortable with how they play.

3. Most importantly, realize that DOTA is honestly more like a team sport than a game. It is competitive, and if you don't take it seriously, you will ruin the experience for your team-mates. I know it's frustrating when people yell at you, and sometimes they honestly are just wrong and being jerks...but be considerate and realize that if you go in unprepared you are basically being a jerk too. I mean, would you play goalie in a competitive game of soccer without ever practicing or even knowing what the goalie is supposed to do? No...so take the same philosophy with DOTA 2...dont' play a hero or a position/role when you are completely ignorant of how it is supposed to function. Just put in the time to do a bit of research and practice and you will have a much better experience!

Happy gaming!
  71. Jul 26, 2013
    What can we ask more to this game?
    Very nice graphics, 100 and more heroes that are all free.
    The only thing missing is the ladder, which should come soon.
    Dota 2 For the Win. The most fun you can have online.
  72. Aug 15, 2013
    One of my favorite MOBAs ever. It is completely free to play and you get all heroes from the get go. You do not need to buy ANYTHING from the store to play this game to it's fullest (most of that stuff is just cosmetic goodies). Just keep in mind that this game has a steep learning curb and like with ANY game you are bound to run into some bad apples. Ignore those people and keep playingOne of my favorite MOBAs ever. It is completely free to play and you get all heroes from the get go. You do not need to buy ANYTHING from the store to play this game to it's fullest (most of that stuff is just cosmetic goodies). Just keep in mind that this game has a steep learning curb and like with ANY game you are bound to run into some bad apples. Ignore those people and keep playing if you want to improve. Expand
  73. Sep 9, 2013
    Dota 2 stays very close to the formula that made Dota 1 such a success. As such it is a pretty good game.... However 10 years have past, but they stubbornly refused to implement a number of improvements to the classic formula that we;ve seen elsewhere.
    -Barely even a nod to the fact that this is the least accessible genre of gaming ever. New players are faced with dozens of champions right from the outset. Other games have really gone to great lengths to improve this worst aspect of MOBA games (the terrible first 100 hours), Dota 2 barely acknowledges it is a problem.
    -The risk/reward level for more dangerous play is still at it's old (very) high level, the downside of which is that you will see less out of the box plays each match that in some of the competing MOBA games.
    -At the same time the game length is about 50% longer than LoL and HoN whilst having, if anything, less action over that time than the competition.
    Still I would rate it as a near perfect game for it's balance and replayabilty.
  74. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is just perfect, mostly for me: a guy who played dota for a long time, this game can be played by anyone, thing is, DotA 2 is not an intuitive game, you have various tutorials however. I know people can be a bit hostile, I am too, that is because in this game, if someone mess it up real hard, then you most likely lose the game. People have to know which role they are playing andThis game is just perfect, mostly for me: a guy who played dota for a long time, this game can be played by anyone, thing is, DotA 2 is not an intuitive game, you have various tutorials however. I know people can be a bit hostile, I am too, that is because in this game, if someone mess it up real hard, then you most likely lose the game. People have to know which role they are playing and play it at its best in order to win the game, but also, if you play perfectly but your team or some mates doesn't then you probably won't win the game, and if you are competitive like me, then you will get mad haha. But try it out, DotA has a matchmaking system so you will play with other people with the same skills as you probably, you will stand a chance there, and eventually get more skilled. Expand
  75. Aug 13, 2013
    A game with some serious depth. Millions of hero and lane combos not to mention item builds, it is a little bit daunting. Fortunately for new players and hell even experienced ones, there are co-op and single player bot matches for you to practice and experiment new things against. The community has its ups and downs and people are quick to abuse and blame others for the team's misgivings.A game with some serious depth. Millions of hero and lane combos not to mention item builds, it is a little bit daunting. Fortunately for new players and hell even experienced ones, there are co-op and single player bot matches for you to practice and experiment new things against. The community has its ups and downs and people are quick to abuse and blame others for the team's misgivings. But you will also come across many friendly players as well who are quick to dish out praise, teach unfamiliar players and work as a team. The experience is made more fun with friends, but beware, relationships may be strained at times. Expand
  76. Nov 5, 2013
    Dota 2 is a fantastic MOBA that is based off of the original Dota 1 from the WC3 era. The game is immensely complex in all of its mechanics but very simple to understand. As you can guess this results in a massive learning curve and adheres to "easy to understand, difficult to master". If you have a few friends looking for a team game to play this is a great one without a doubt. Be warnedDota 2 is a fantastic MOBA that is based off of the original Dota 1 from the WC3 era. The game is immensely complex in all of its mechanics but very simple to understand. As you can guess this results in a massive learning curve and adheres to "easy to understand, difficult to master". If you have a few friends looking for a team game to play this is a great one without a doubt. Be warned that you will get frustrated at times with your team mates, and if you solo que you risk being put on teams with those who may not speak the same language. Queing on US East servers does NOT guarantee and english speaking team, but honestly, that is the biggest issue. Otherwise, the game is flawless in execution. All heroes are immediately available, there is a tutorial mode for new players, and the ability to create your own private matches if you have a large group of friends to play your own games. These matches can also be changed to include 'cheats' and have zero cool down on abilities which makes for some hilarious games with your friends.

Generally, Dota 2 is hugely addictive, and is a ton of fun! Particularly when you get into the high skill heroes and when you learn the 'juke spots'. There is a ton of material on youtube to help you learn and to up your game. I personally have logged well over a 1000 hours as have many of my friends. Don't be fooled though, this may share similarities to HoN or LoL but it is NOT the same.
  77. Jul 17, 2013
    I love this game. It's both faithful to the original and a lot more user friendly at the same time. It's completely free, no need to buy heroes, or other features that could give you an advantage, and Valve is still actively balancing it with Icefrog. Most of heroes are pretty engaging, and the game itself is pretty complex, having mechanics like denying and dedicated healing abilities,I love this game. It's both faithful to the original and a lot more user friendly at the same time. It's completely free, no need to buy heroes, or other features that could give you an advantage, and Valve is still actively balancing it with Icefrog. Most of heroes are pretty engaging, and the game itself is pretty complex, having mechanics like denying and dedicated healing abilities, something which games like LoL (strangely) don't have.

My only complaints are about hero releases, that is, that Valve is taking their goddamn sweet time doing it, and that the MM system actively tries to balance your win rate at 50% by pairing you with terrible teams if you do too well. Seriously, I'm not making that up. Still a great game, though, and if you're a newbie to mobas then it's probably the best game, since you have a decently sized tutorial system and well-made bot practice matches.
  78. Jul 19, 2013
    After playing this game little over a year now I've come to realize that this is probably the best Action/RTS game I have ever played. Although the game's steep learning curve had me uninterested within the first few weeks of playing, I persevered and gradually improved. This game, once you put effort in, becomes the most fun game of all time.

The only negatives about the game are: The

The only negatives about the game are: The community and the fact people can just decline a match leaving you to wait 2 more minutes to find a server. The community are usually egotistic and blame others for their mistakes. Occasionally you'll have an amazing game where most people speak your language and are actually nice. Just yesterday I played a game where people just did one on ones with nobody interrupting.

Overall a brilliant game. It's only recently come out of BETA so there are still some things that need tweaking and heroes that need adding but all that SHOULD be done by next year. I definitely recommend this game to all.
  79. Jul 16, 2013
    A true masterpiece and a milestone in gaming, this sequel to a genre-definer that is now just bursting in a global scale is a great point of reference to anyone attempting to make a game of this genre. Great graphics, amazing sound and voice design, and rich backstories in every corner are just some of the features that make Dota 2 great. But it's major strong point is the depth in itsA true masterpiece and a milestone in gaming, this sequel to a genre-definer that is now just bursting in a global scale is a great point of reference to anyone attempting to make a game of this genre. Great graphics, amazing sound and voice design, and rich backstories in every corner are just some of the features that make Dota 2 great. But it's major strong point is the depth in its mechanics.

While Dota 2's gameplay might seem daunting at first, it's one of the best and more engaging ever seen in a game, and learning it is just one of the reasons why this game is addicting. Other games such as League of Legends end up falling short because their devs decided to cut much from the original formula, but Dota 2 kept it intact, and makes sure you learn something new everyday.

Not only the core game is strong, but also the eSport scene surrounding it is amazing and growing, with several tournaments going on, including Valve's own The International. At the time of release, the game looks like a train with no brakes, about to crash against its competitors and run them over, raising the bar on the genre with a myriad of awesome features that perfectly compliment an awesome game.
  80. Jul 18, 2013
    There is a reason my friends and I have been playing since Dota Allstars in WC3, about 8 years.
    Dota 2 is the single most entertaining (albeit addicting) multiplier team game I've played.
    Keep in mind, there is a large learning curve, and the community is quite tough to please, but if you play through the tutorial, and let your team mates know you are learning, most are wiling to help.

Don't get discouraged if you get yelled at for sucking, we all did at one point. Just remember people are investing 20-60min in a game, and losing because a team mate is a total noob can be frustrating. Do your best to learn quick and focus one a few heroes/item builds at a time.
  81. Jul 19, 2013
    Amazing game with a mountainous learning curve. The gameplay (once you get the hang of it) is hella fun. However there is so much more than just the gameplay that I love about dota 2. The trading is just as fun as playing, with a similar learning curve. Overall this game was very well done, is updated constantly, and is exactly on par with the kind of game valve typically puts out.
  82. Sep 6, 2013
    You’ll need knowledge, skill, and a smidge of spider-sense. Friends to learn with are a must, and don’t be deceived by the lack of a pricetag: Dota 2 will cost you hundreds of hours.
  83. Nov 2, 2013
    My favourite game of all time. Improving all time with new [weekly] updates, great gameplay, great design. Only thing this game lack good community, but it is not really a game fault.
  84. Nov 3, 2013
    It's a brilliant game only reason the metacritic is so low is because people hyped themselves up about a patch that wasnt even promised then got angry when it didnt happen.
  85. Nov 3, 2013
    recently some people have flamed dota 2 devs and destroyed dota 2's metacritic just because they wanted to force valve to make happen a halloween event called 'diretide' which happened last year and didn't happen this year..all these people rating 0 cause 'no diretide' are crybabies and idiots.. dota 2 will always be the best.. just play the game.. its freakin 'free to play'..stop soundingrecently some people have flamed dota 2 devs and destroyed dota 2's metacritic just because they wanted to force valve to make happen a halloween event called 'diretide' which happened last year and didn't happen this year..all these people rating 0 cause 'no diretide' are crybabies and idiots.. dota 2 will always be the best.. just play the game.. its freakin 'free to play'..stop sounding like spoiled little children..the community is being ruined.. Expand
  86. Aug 5, 2013
    There are so much in this game, it is even hard to start to write about it. Everyone should give it a "shoot". The characters and the chance of customization makes it even better.
  87. Feb 17, 2014
    Constant updates. Financial model which does not effect gameplay. Initial learning curve is quite steep but there are customizable lobbies and co op bot matches to hone your skills. The one point off i gave because nothing is ever perfect. Any gripes you hear about the community is testimony to humanity, and not this game. I continue to meet many kind, helpful and hilarious playersConstant updates. Financial model which does not effect gameplay. Initial learning curve is quite steep but there are customizable lobbies and co op bot matches to hone your skills. The one point off i gave because nothing is ever perfect. Any gripes you hear about the community is testimony to humanity, and not this game. I continue to meet many kind, helpful and hilarious players who i now play with on a regular basis. Expand
  88. Oct 22, 2013
    I respect those people who do not like DotA 2, BUT if you rate this game down because you do not like this game, then you are retarded. You only rate a game if you really played the game before, NOT because you don't like it.

Steep learning curve? Yes. 'Pros' who will call you noob on your first game? Yes. Can't take all of these? Go away. We need real gamers who are determined to master this game, so we can spar with more quality players. There is no game community in the world that will say 'oh nevermind.. I don't care if you make mistake.' Suck it up AND THEN you will learn. Respect is EARNED. Even veterans will make mistakes when trying out new heroes, and they will be flamed too, so why spare the newbies?

DotA 2's growth is amazing. Just take a look at the tournaments. We have the biggest prize pool in e-sports history, and it will increase every year for sure. That says a lot about this game. People pay for it. People earn a living from it, not only from playing, but by casting it too. We have awesome casters like TobiWan, LD, Merlini and much more. They will make tournament games much enjoyable to watch as they already are.

As for the gameplay, I'm sure many other reviews had mentioned about it, so I would not waste your time here. Hop on the train, if you have what it takes. WE WANT YOU.
  89. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve keeps on ignoring it's community.

Ded game, safe to leave.

90. Nov 10, 2013
    It's beatiful no tears just dreams. It's beatiful no tears just dreams. It's beatiful no tears just dreams. It's beatiful no tears just dreams. It's beatiful no tears just dreams. It's beatiful no tears just dreams.
  91. Nov 2, 2013
    GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ GIVE DIRETIDE༼ E
  92. Nov 2, 2013
    nothing to say, but where is my terrorblade? VOLVO FIX! #New Hero #New Hero #New Hero #New Hero #New Hero #New Hero #New Hero #New Hero #New Hero #New Hero
  93. Nov 2, 2013
    Volvo where is my car?
    No mechanics!
    Garbage report system!
  94. Nov 2, 2013
    Easily the best PvP game available. Tons of depth and replay value. I started playing MOBA's with League of Legends and once I got a Beta invite to DOTA2 I found it impossible to go back to league.
  95. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is actually amazing. Easily the best in the genre. Valve could communicate/listen to the community more but that doesn't change the game. Shame the community has reacted in this fashion.
  96. Nov 2, 2013
    This is truly an amazing and masterfully crafted game. It's absolutely pathetic that some members of the community think it's okay to ruin the User Score by being entitled brats. Don't let all the "bad" reviews turn you off from this game.
  97. Nov 2, 2013
    really great game. alot of fun with tons of different heroes and characters to choose from. also for an ARTS or MOBA its very very versatile. you're not restricted to the same kind of roles and positions every game. there are alot of lane configurations. the animation quality is the highest i've seen in its genre. so many little details that makes this game really brilliant. the dota TV isreally great game. alot of fun with tons of different heroes and characters to choose from. also for an ARTS or MOBA its very very versatile. you're not restricted to the same kind of roles and positions every game. there are alot of lane configurations. the animation quality is the highest i've seen in its genre. so many little details that makes this game really brilliant. the dota TV is an absolute beast and viewing pro games in it is a pleasure.what they need to work more on is bug fixes. although the major bugs are few and rarely seen but they still have been around for a while and needs to be worked on. Expand
  98. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve advertised Diretide as an annual event but it was not implemented this Halloween. Now it seems like the only thing updated in Dota 2 is the workshop. Who needs a new jug mask or omni hammer, not me. I know running Dota 2 takes a lot of time and effort but Valve needs to get their priorities straight and not drop the ball.
  99. Nov 3, 2013
    I've played LOL, HON, DotA, and DOTA 2. By far DOTA 2 is the best of the 4. Has the best community and most dynamic game play. Unlike most of the other clones, I love how comebacks are possible if the team pulls together in the end.
  100. Nov 5, 2013
    This is an amazing, polished and fun multiplayer experience.

If any of you are confused as to why this game has such a low user score, here is the reason: http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1152

It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Games Master UK
    Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.