Dota 2 PC

6.5

1. Nov 8, 2013
    It's sad a bunch of children whining about an update not being fed to them in a video game is changing the score of the game itself for others to interpret when they discover it.
    DotA 2 is an incredibly challenging and rewarding game. Never mind if you have never played a game like this, in my opinion the best way to learn is to dive right in. you will never reach pro status in a game this developed and complex via any tutorial, the way the game plays and interacts is far too numerous and the only way to learn is via experience. your losses will be staggering and infuriating, but at the same time motivating you to win. Victory is so satisfying especially if it came at your hand. Ignore people who say negative things about his game because they are biased in some form, and haven't fully experienced the beauty of the genre.
  2. Nov 9, 2013
    Greatest game I've ever played. Well played! Greatest game I've ever played. Well played! Greatest game I've ever played. Well played! Greatest game I've ever played. Well played! Greatest game I've ever played. Well played! Greatest game I've ever played. Well played!
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is just awesome. I feel sorry for valve for having to put up with this community. Ok they didn't say anything about diretide so what? Spamming obama's facebook and getting metacritic score this low just because of that is just plain retarded.
    Anyone that actually wants a decent review don't take this user score serious.
  4. Nov 8, 2013
    Game is amazing, people is stupid. No more discussion, Valve don't usually it up and by a little error all the community jumped... disappointing but hopefully we can give Dota what it deserves.
  5. Nov 8, 2013
    What can I say about Dota 2 that hasn't been said? It is one of the most deliberately complicated and inaccessible games ever to reach meteoric popularity, and while it has spawned a genre there is nothing quite like it. I attempted to get into it three times before it hooked me, but man did it hook me good.

Highly recommended to anybody who has 50+ hours to kill and relishes a

Highly recommended to anybody who has 50+ hours to kill and relishes a challenging competition.
  6. Nov 8, 2013
    I love valve. I love valve. I love valve. I love valve. I love valve. I love valve. I love valve. diretide is here. Valve talked to us!!!! yayy! s2 gaben
  7. Nov 8, 2013
    Basically don't use this website to base your decision of whether or not to play DotA 2 until metacritic.com realises that the user reviews are Game is hard, but game is good.
  8. Nov 8, 2013
    Very good game, another example of Valve's careful but solid work. Hard to learn, easy to enjoy, deep enough to make you drown Great living and active community that unites in time of crysis, yells what it wants and apologizes for its mistakes. Well, maybe except for russians :D
  9. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thanks for the diretide Thanks for the diretide Thanks for the diretide Thanks for the diretide Thanks for the diretide Thanks for the diretide Thanks for the diretide Expand
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    Omg volvo i luv you.
    you giv us diretide
    this is the best thing ever
    why does this need to be 150 charactors? this is kinda stupid I just wanna give it a 10 for being so perfect
  11. Nov 8, 2013
    volvo gave diretide all is gud
    diretideodfiamfoisdmfosidmfosdimfiosdmfiosdmifosmdifosmdfoimsdoifmsdiomfsodmfsiodmfsodmfosidmfoismdifosmdfoismdoifmsdoifmsdomifsdf
  12. Nov 8, 2013
    Valve honestly messed up big time by not talking to the community about DireTide, or anything at all really after TI 3, but they've done their part to repair the damage, so it's only fair the community does too.
  13. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is the god child if Diablo, Starcraft, WoW, and Super Smash Brothers all conceived a child in whatever sick complicated way there is possible. It's the combination of all Blizzard games, the PVE of Diablo, the competitive deep RTS of Starcraft, the RPG elements of WoW, and a monstrous roster of over a hundred heroes that could star in their own game like Nintendo's Super SmashThis game is the god child if Diablo, Starcraft, WoW, and Super Smash Brothers all conceived a child in whatever sick complicated way there is possible. It's the combination of all Blizzard games, the PVE of Diablo, the competitive deep RTS of Starcraft, the RPG elements of WoW, and a monstrous roster of over a hundred heroes that could star in their own game like Nintendo's Super Smash Brother's. All packed into one goddamn cathartic hour of pure bliss and occasional And who better than the mother Valve Corporation who created Half-Life and took up Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter Strike. If you put effort into learning the game, you'll have a ****ton of fun and never look back. This is the game to end all games. Expand
  14. Nov 8, 2013
    10/1010/10 10/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/1010/10 Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2013
    ༽つGOT DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGOT DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGOT DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGOT DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGOT DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGOT DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGOT DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGOT DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGOT DIRETIDE
  16. Nov 8, 2013
    This game balls out of control. Literally the highest skill cap for an online game played against other players, and the best team of developer in its genre. Leaves nothing to be desired.
  17. Nov 8, 2013
    Game is great in all aspects. Matchmaking is based on how long and how well you do in the game, so the first few games will be slow paced but as you advance and continue playing you start meeting more and more competitive players and the pace of the game is dramatically faster. The game is completely free-to-play with no pay-to-win bonuses such as having to buy heroes, as they are allGame is great in all aspects. Matchmaking is based on how long and how well you do in the game, so the first few games will be slow paced but as you advance and continue playing you start meeting more and more competitive players and the pace of the game is dramatically faster. The game is completely free-to-play with no pay-to-win bonuses such as having to buy heroes, as they are all unlocked, or having to pay for in-game currency bonuses that allow you to buy some kind stats that benefit your hero, as there is no in-game currency and the only things you can buy are cosmetics that provide no advantages at all unless you consider blinding your opponents with envy so that they do not concentrate on the game in any shape, way or form as a benefit. Expand
  18. Nov 8, 2013
    GIVE VOLVO A HUG

19. Nov 8, 2013
    Valve has proved once again that they are the makers of the finest games out there. Every character is unlocked from the beginning, with cosmetics (a la Team Fortress 2) to customize the way you want your character look. Also, Diretide is here!
  20. Nov 8, 2013
    ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide ༽つGave diretide Expand
  21. Nov 8, 2013
    We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We haveWe have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide! Expand
  22. Nov 8, 2013
    TY FOR DIRETIDE GABE 10/10
    YOU ALL DELETE THOSE FAKE REVIEWS TY

IS IT 150 CARACHTERS LONG NOW?
    NOW? NOW?
    CMON GIVE ME 150 CHARACTERS

OK I WILL WRITE SOMETHING MORE THEN, SOMETHING LIKE "Gave diretide! Thanks, Valve! Great game!!!! Gave diretide! Gave diretide!"
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    First, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update.
    !First, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update. First, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update. !First, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update. First, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update. !First, we’re going to ship Diretide
    !First, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update.
    First, we’re going to ship DiFirst, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update.
    First, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update.
    !retide with the next update.
    !
  24. Nov 8, 2013
    I have played well over 600 hours and am likely to play at least that much again. The best at the moment. Unlikely to be defeated even by Blizzard's new offering.
  25. Nov 8, 2013
    You pathetic kids jumping on the Diretide problem.. You are the same losers demanding Halflife 3 then asking.. Who is Gordon Freeman..

Pathetic kids... get a brain and thing for yourself
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!
  27. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota has become the game to play for me with an always updating competitive scene and action that never wears out. If you are interested in a tactics based 5v5 game this is the one for you.
  28. Nov 8, 2013
    I have sank over 500 hours into this game and I don't regret it even a little bit. Please ignore people downvoting on purpose.

The game is well supported and Valve are dedicated developers, despite many people saying otherwise.
  29. Nov 8, 2013
    It's harder than most but very rewarding. I've put thousands of hours into it, made me waste my school and life, but i still can't hate it. I hope it gets bigger so that more people would know how awesome this game is. It's not MOBA or Arts or any other. It's DotA, always was, always will be.
  30. Nov 8, 2013
    volvo reband, great game, great event free items pls community bring it back up Diretide is revived, Tusk just stole it not volvo's fault :D:D:D:D:D:D
  31. Nov 8, 2013
    this is one of my personal favorite games, i have played it for well over 660 hours and i can definitely say that some of my best memories in games have come from here. sadly also some of the worst to. come with a thick skin and no anger and you will be fine
  32. Nov 8, 2013
    Valve are awesome. This game is awesome. Lots of features. A game is never the same as the last.It is free and it is no where near pay to win. Get this game.
  33. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. got diretide
  34. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide was given, 10/10 Alive game volvo reband ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

A very fun and addicting game. Sure, pubs can be aggravating, but they are hilarious. If you want good matches, get a team, join a league, and quit on reddit about it. Much better balance than any other MOBA (though Icefraud should take another look at Krobelus right about now) and the competitive scene is incredible.
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is awesome, Valve did some big mistakes but they're fixing it. God, I love this company.

36. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota 2 to me is the king of team-based PvP games at this time, with only a few flaws.

I currently have 1000 games played, and I'm still not close to finished with this game. You start out with no clue how to play the game, and you will be frustrated when you find out how bad you really are. But you are also curious to learn the ropes, to master the mechanics, to simply win by outskilling your opponents.

Dota 2 bring out the competitive spirit in us, and not everyone handles it as well as they should. You will meet people that rage and trash talk, but your skin will grow thick, and it is my experience that the report system works fairly well.

I do wish that Valve would be a bit better at communicating with it's player base though. I must also admit that their development speed seems to have slowed down a lot these last 6 months.

All in all a good game.
  37. Nov 8, 2013

raise your pumpkins ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Seriously though, I've been playing this game for almost a year now. After having a failed launch at League of Legends and SC:BW, this game finally hit the right notes for me incredibly in-depth, complex gameplay with a self-sufficient community and a constantly-changing meta. Although I started without much guidance, now I can easily join friends who have gone through their tutorials. Plus, no matter what kind of player you are, you can find your place in the chaos of the game. My boyfriend is already great at unconventional heroes, despite playing for only three months, and I myself am comfortable as a support.

Dota 2 is a great ARTS that's taking off online and in professional gaming, and if you have the time, I highly recommend it.
  38. Nov 8, 2013
    After being an avid gamer for 16 years, I can say with all truth that this is literally the best game I have ever played. Intelligence and patience is highly rewarded and the heroes all have powerful and unique abilities that if used properly in particular situations can demolish entire teams.

AND ALSO
  39. Nov 8, 2013
    Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.
  40. Nov 8, 2013
    GOT DIRETIDE
  41. Nov 8, 2013
    Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem!
  42. Nov 8, 2013
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers.
  43. Nov 8, 2013
    we

GOT DIRETIDE!GOT DIRETIDE!

GOT DIRETIDE!GOT DIRETIDE!

44. Nov 8, 2013
    Quite simply the best game there is. Putting aside the noxious community, this game is a joy to play with friends and a constant challenge. You will never find a more rewarding, engaging, and HARD game.
  45. Nov 8, 2013
    Best game ever! Would recommend it to any gamers out there looking for thousand hours of fun! With constant updates and great game mechanics, this is my favourite game of all time!
  46. Nov 8, 2013
    Very addictive game, difficult to pick up but worth the time if you're enjoying it. The commitment of Valve to the game is outstanding though sometimes they can be a little slow with responding to community complaints/whining.
  47. Nov 8, 2013
    This "4.2 User Score" need to be fixed, indeed. Because the game is far greater than this! It ain't deserve this! It deserves better point of views from you! Let's fix this!
  48. Nov 8, 2013
    It's one of the best games I've ever played, hands down. I've never posted a review for any game ever, but I felt like after the minority of community ruined the meta score, I could do something to give back to the game I love.
  49. Nov 8, 2013
    Best MOBA out there at the moment. Its fun, and its totally free! definitely recommended to any game out there. For old time Dota 1 players they will love it and for new comers its easy to get into!
  50. Nov 8, 2013
    raise your pumpkins
  51. Nov 8, 2013
    GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC
  52. Nov 8, 2013
    Lots of people were upset because Volvo was not giving Diretide. Now they announced Diretide AND a huge new patch. We gotta vote this thing back up, guys!
  53. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is extremely hard to learn but also very gratifying. It is easy to get addicted to this game and not need any other game ever. The competitive pro scene is an added bonus.
  54. Nov 8, 2013
    Excellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is stillExcellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is still source of annoyance
    Second no single player ladder
    Third lots of misbehaving players (I have to confess, that I do use offensive language sometimes too)

Despite that shortcomings Dota 2 offers intensive and diverse experience. After several months of playing it I still enjoy it (not as much as at the beginning but still enough to play it very often).
    I strongly recommend it.

Ps. One more remark.

I rate Valve business model higher than Riot's all meaningful content is free. You pay only for visuals (or access to transmissions from tournaments). In LoL you are encouraged to spend usually new champions are stronger than existing plus limited choice of champions affects your game-play. This is very discouraging.
  55. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide was given thx valve for listen i hope next time things will be different. Diretide was given thx valve for listen i hope next time things will be different.
  56. Nov 8, 2013
    GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC ty volvo
  57. Nov 8, 2013
  58. Nov 8, 2013
    Better than League. Community needs to calm down over diretide. Valve is usually quiet on what they're working with and I'm fine with that. If everyone just had the patience and waited they would have seen the huge update and nothing would have been wrong.
  59. Nov 8, 2013
    hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo!
  60. Nov 8, 2013
  61. Nov 8, 2013
    they give diretidethey did give diretide­
  62. Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!
  63. Nov 8, 2013
    GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈGOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ
  64. Nov 8, 2013
  65. Nov 8, 2013
    got diretide now~ awesome gameplay,great graphic,got diretide and got diretide plus got diretide now(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ HUG VALVE! never get tired from playing dota
  66. Nov 8, 2013
    Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband!
  67. Nov 8, 2013
    I feel bad when users vote this awesome game 0 just because the developer don't do sth that ppl want. U can't trade nearly 1 thousand hours of play for just 2-3 weeks of a game mode that only for items farming rights? Please realize ur mistake and make Dota 2 9.9/10
  68. Nov 8, 2013
    just a TL;DR version.
    Gameplay: 10/10.
    Depth: 10/10. It's really deep and a true Esports game.
    Accessibility: 7/10. The only weakness of Dota 2, it's quite harsh to noobs.
    Community: 6/10. The community is mixed between mature and VERY childish people.
    Graphics: 8/10.

A must play game if you like strategy games.
  69. Nov 8, 2013
    They gave dire tide, and have continually improved the game over the last few years.

Steep learning curve, and crappy match making are the only downside on these two.
  70. Nov 8, 2013
    This is a truly great game, the user rating however doesn't reflect this. The rating reflects the idiots and trolls that don't think before they act. A yearly event (Diretide) was not added this Halloween and these people reacted without thought. The game itself is amazing, I am coming from a SC2 and WoW background. This game is by far the most frustrating, incredible, terrible, andThis is a truly great game, the user rating however doesn't reflect this. The rating reflects the idiots and trolls that don't think before they act. A yearly event (Diretide) was not added this Halloween and these people reacted without thought. The game itself is amazing, I am coming from a SC2 and WoW background. This game is by far the most frustrating, incredible, terrible, and amazing game I have come across. The learning curve is high, there are almost 100 heroes, with 4 or more spells each, and a ton of items (some build into others too!). It is a game you will be bad at for a while, but the learning experience is a good time as well. There is a sense of accomplishment in this game that I haven't had in others. This game will take time to learn, but if you are going to spend time gaming my advice would be to put some into this. The professional scene is also a great part of this game, and will teach you a lot as well. Overall, Dota 2 is my favorite game of all time, and I truly believe that it is the best PC game out there. Give it a try, you won't be sorry (for that long). Expand
  71. Nov 8, 2013
    We complained they delivered. I'm really ashamed of the dota community for making a big fuss over the whole diretide thing. But in the end valve put up with it and still managed to give it to us along with other new content. Valve is one of the best community driven company.
  72. Nov 8, 2013
    It's sad to see so many votes from the Beta client bringing this score down.

Honestly, DOTA2 nails it for a MOBA.

Less cartoony than LoL, and somehow more satisfying than HoN.

Great community, mature marketplace, and more importantly a kickass game.
  73. Nov 8, 2013
    i always will love this game, this game makes all my days, i love dota forever, we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we goti always will love this game, this game makes all my days, i love dota forever, we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide Expand
  74. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota 2 is an excellent Action RTS game with extensive game mechanics and limitless in-game experience to acquire. The skill learning curve for this game is incredibly steep and requires hundreds to thousands of playing hours to master. Nonetheless, Dota 2 is a challenging yet rewarding game and is especially fun to play with friends. The competitive aspect of this game is evidently highDota 2 is an excellent Action RTS game with extensive game mechanics and limitless in-game experience to acquire. The skill learning curve for this game is incredibly steep and requires hundreds to thousands of playing hours to master. Nonetheless, Dota 2 is a challenging yet rewarding game and is especially fun to play with friends. The competitive aspect of this game is evidently high which might attract some audiences, namely e-sports fans. Other features of this game include aesthetic items, custom announcers and HUD designs, and tournament tickets which you can purchase to spectate professional teams duke it out. Expand
  75. Nov 8, 2013
    Very good game, well done varied gameplay ALOT of heros that are all very different game, a game thats easy to learn difficult to master, and a good hidden ladder 10/10 would recommend.
  76. Nov 8, 2013
    I got into this game a month or so back, after I wanted a taste of something different from League of Legends. They're both massively different games, but DOTA features several additional layers of complexity such as denying, jungle stacking, couriers, and buybacks. They give the game a completely different flow and provide several different items to strategize on.

The gameplay is

The gameplay is great, lots of different heroes with their own niches, and tons of items that each have something that sets them apart. The graphics are wonderful, with rich colors and detailed models across the map. And the sound is also pretty good, they have a system that plays different music based on your context. For example if you are in combat, it will play intense music etc.

The reason I'm giving it 8 stars is because it's hard to see your progression. There is no ranking system for those who matchmake solo. Because of this, it's hard to see if you are improving, and how much if you are. There are crude divisions, "normal", "high", and "very high", but they are hard to find and the statistics for the divisions are also not disclosed. I have no idea what's up with the current rating though, this game certainly deserves more than 4 stars.
    Nov 8, 2013
    Fixing this up!

and i would like to say thank you to valve for being awesome and volvo for being the best. kudos!

Alive geam!

Diretide is on it's way bundled with major update! :D
  78. Nov 14, 2013
    The best MOBA/ARTS there is on the market. All the heroes are free and open since the day you sign up, and there's absolutely no reason or need to sink ANY money into it unless you enjoy cosmetics or want to support the competitive scene.
    I've had so much fun playing dota, and will continue to play for sure. Although people say the learning curve is steep, I think Valve have done an amazing job with the tutorial system which will have people playing in no time. I had no troubles at all, and this was my first MOBA/ARTS that I've played.
    Well done Valve!
  79. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay.
  80. Nov 8, 2013
    diretide secured. communication restored. now this game is amazingThat's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics. There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is.
  81. Nov 8, 2013
    This is the best game ever, period. i cant believe there are soo many negative votes. Mostly diretide related Otherwise the greatest and be ready to lose your free time, FOREVER! :D
  82. Nov 8, 2013
    Compared to League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, Dota 2 has more unique heroes and items. It is more advanced and rewarding than LoL. It is slower than HoN, which is important in team fights. The best popular MOBA out there. League wishes it could compare
  83. Nov 8, 2013
    fantastic game valve done a perfect job, the same dota1 feeling but now with greater visuals, better mechanics, but horrible community unfortunately...
  84. Nov 8, 2013
    Is it possible for metacritic to delete a lot of the flame comments or ratings? This game should be 9 or 10. After all people only rated it badly because of the diretide fiasco. If we all agreed and made some sort of petition would it matter?
  85. Nov 8, 2013
    Amazing game with bad reviews because of a bunch of people about no diretide well guess what there's a diretide now you happy? Now if everyone could just go ahead and give this game the ratings it deserves to counteract all the butthurt that would be nice.
  86. Nov 8, 2013
    The company that created the game, knows how to admit mistakes, and it means that the game has been, is and will be wonderful. Valve, thank you for this game!
  87. Nov 8, 2013
    A well-balanced, fun and rewarding ARTS/MOBA/whatever. The game runs nigh flawlessly on Linux, and receives updates extremely frequently. Valve have put together yet another great game.
  88. Nov 8, 2013
  89. Nov 9, 2013
    Amazing game. Dota's been around for years, but still manages to stay fresh and interesting thanks to it's developer, icefrog. The game may have a bit of a learning curve, but the incredibly high-impact spells in the game allow anyone to have a "big play" that can stick with them for days, and can be so satisfying that it can make all the struggles of learning worth it.

Powerful ganking

Powerful ganking tools, major teamfight abilities, and general hero design also offer incredible comeback potential in the game. Coming from another moba it might seem silly to not have a concede button, but after awhile you'll realize that it's not there for good reason.

The concept of free to play with all gameplay related content unlocked has become a new standard in my eyes, given how successful valve has been with dota. Games like Path of Exile are following suit, and hopefully the days of grinding to unlock characters in a game are coming to an end.

I've sunk more time into this game than any other, and have gotten more friends into it than I've been able to with any other game. This game is INCREDIBLY fun, extremely rewarding, and very addictive. Cannot recommend it enough!
  90. Nov 9, 2013
    So after all that happend after the entire diretide issue and some people just ruining the entire metascore i think its fair that after what valve did we crack the score up again to its original value.
  91. Nov 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fix It
  92. Nov 9, 2013
    Perfect game. Good matchmaking, good gameplay, good balance, good graphics.

Only posting this reviews because vandals wrecked the metacritic user score.
  93. Nov 9, 2013
    Despite the unfortunate Diretide 2013 backlash, Dota 2 is and remains the single most addictive game on the market. The learning curve is steep and the community at times hostile as shown in the last debacle but the game itself is as good as a PC game can be. No two games are like and the fact that it's ever-changing yet the same is what is a large part of the appeal.
  94. Nov 9, 2013
    There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll startThere's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start having a hell lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a casual gamer and can't be bothered to invest that time. If that's the case and you want to play a MOBA then that's where LoL comes in. If you already play LoL and want something more challenging and more rewarding then by all means try Dota 2. Plus it has way better graphics, great character customization and doesn't require any money to unlock heroes (which I find very frustrating in LoL). It is also more balanced imo. As for the community, well it's still a MOBA so don't expect too much, although it's not so bad. Expand
  95. Nov 9, 2013
    Best multi-player game of the past couple of years by far.
    Only posting this here because some entitled dick-wads broke the score. just doing my part
  96. Nov 9, 2013
    2451 hours in Dota2, by far the best game I played online. Even after so many hours I still learn new stuff. And with 100+heroes you never get bored. I recommend Dota2
  97. Nov 9, 2013
    Literally the best multiplayer online experience you can have. This free-to-play game will provide you hundreds and possibly thousands of hours of pure multiplayer bliss. Dota is a very complex game with an enormous learning curve, and you will need to dedicate your time and your attention to this game if you want to be good at it. Thankfully Valve has made really neat tutorial levels thatLiterally the best multiplayer online experience you can have. This free-to-play game will provide you hundreds and possibly thousands of hours of pure multiplayer bliss. Dota is a very complex game with an enormous learning curve, and you will need to dedicate your time and your attention to this game if you want to be good at it. Thankfully Valve has made really neat tutorial levels that will introduce you to the game. There are also dozens of guides online that will help you. Expand
  98. Nov 9, 2013
    Incredibly fun game, every time you play it's a different experience. So many heroes to play as, I would consider all of them fun in their own way. You know a game is good when you're still having fun even when you're losing.
  99. Nov 9, 2013
    Complex mechanics that make a enjoyable game where you need microskills abilitys if you want win this game you need play as a team and make it work..
  100. Nov 9, 2013
    Fantastic game, it's a real shame the community is so bad. If you're going to play make sure you read some guides online first and complete the training to get a grasp of the mechanics. There is quite a steep learning curve.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Games Master UK
    Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.