Dota 2 PC

6.4

1. Nov 8, 2013
    You pathetic kids jumping on the Diretide problem.. You are the same losers demanding Halflife 3 then asking.. Who is Gordon Freeman..

Pathetic kids... get a brain and thing for yourself
  2. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!Diretide given!
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota has become the game to play for me with an always updating competitive scene and action that never wears out. If you are interested in a tactics based 5v5 game this is the one for you.
  4. Nov 8, 2013
    I have sank over 500 hours into this game and I don't regret it even a little bit. Please ignore people downvoting on purpose.

The game is well supported and Valve are dedicated developers, despite many people saying otherwise.
  5. Nov 8, 2013
    It's harder than most but very rewarding. I've put thousands of hours into it, made me waste my school and life, but i still can't hate it. I hope it gets bigger so that more people would know how awesome this game is. It's not MOBA or Arts or any other. It's DotA, always was, always will be.
  6. Nov 8, 2013
    volvo reband, great game, great event free items pls community bring it back up Diretide is revived, Tusk just stole it not volvo's fault :D:D:D:D:D:D
  7. Nov 8, 2013
    this is one of my personal favorite games, i have played it for well over 660 hours and i can definitely say that some of my best memories in games have come from here. sadly also some of the worst to. come with a thick skin and no anger and you will be fine
  8. Nov 8, 2013
    Valve are awesome. This game is awesome. Lots of features. A game is never the same as the last.It is free and it is no where near pay to win. Get this game.
  9. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. got diretide
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide was given, 10/10 Alive game volvo reband ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

A very fun and addicting game. Sure, pubs can be aggravating, but they are hilarious. If you want good matches, get a team, join a league, and quit on reddit about it. Much better balance than any other MOBA (though Icefraud should take another look at Krobelus right about now) and the competitive scene is incredible.
  11. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is awesome, Valve did some big mistakes but they're fixing it. God, I love this company.

12. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota 2 to me is the king of team-based PvP games at this time, with only a few flaws.

I currently have 1000 games played, and I'm still not close to finished with this game. You start out with no clue how to play the game, and you will be frustrated when you find out how bad you really are. But you are also curious to learn the ropes, to master the mechanics, to simply win by outskilling your opponents.

Dota 2 bring out the competitive spirit in us, and not everyone handles it as well as they should. You will meet people that rage and trash talk, but your skin will grow thick, and it is my experience that the report system works fairly well.

I do wish that Valve would be a bit better at communicating with it's player base though. I must also admit that their development speed seems to have slowed down a lot these last 6 months.

All in all a good game.
  13. Nov 8, 2013

raise your pumpkins ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Seriously though, I've been playing this game for almost a year now. After having a failed launch at League of Legends and SC:BW, this game finally hit the right notes for me incredibly in-depth, complex gameplay with a self-sufficient community and a constantly-changing meta. Although I started without much guidance, now I can easily join friends who have gone through their tutorials. Plus, no matter what kind of player you are, you can find your place in the chaos of the game. My boyfriend is already great at unconventional heroes, despite playing for only three months, and I myself am comfortable as a support.

Dota 2 is a great ARTS that's taking off online and in professional gaming, and if you have the time, I highly recommend it.
  14. Nov 8, 2013
    After being an avid gamer for 16 years, I can say with all truth that this is literally the best game I have ever played. Intelligence and patience is highly rewarded and the heroes all have powerful and unique abilities that if used properly in particular situations can demolish entire teams.

AND ALSO
  15. Nov 8, 2013
    Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.Ignore the bad critics, people just were unhappy with the lack of communication from the team and because there were no updates in the last months.
  16. Nov 8, 2013
    GOT DIRETIDE
  17. Nov 8, 2013
    Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem! Aliev gaem!
  18. Nov 8, 2013
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers.
  19. Nov 8, 2013
    we

GOT DIRETIDE!GOT DIRETIDE!

GOT DIRETIDE!GOT DIRETIDE!

20. Nov 8, 2013
    Quite simply the best game there is. Putting aside the noxious community, this game is a joy to play with friends and a constant challenge. You will never find a more rewarding, engaging, and HARD game.
  21. Nov 8, 2013
    Best game ever! Would recommend it to any gamers out there looking for thousand hours of fun! With constant updates and great game mechanics, this is my favourite game of all time!
  22. Nov 8, 2013
    Very addictive game, difficult to pick up but worth the time if you're enjoying it. The commitment of Valve to the game is outstanding though sometimes they can be a little slow with responding to community complaints/whining.
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    This "4.2 User Score" need to be fixed, indeed. Because the game is far greater than this! It ain't deserve this! It deserves better point of views from you! Let's fix this!
  24. Nov 8, 2013
    It's one of the best games I've ever played, hands down. I've never posted a review for any game ever, but I felt like after the minority of community ruined the meta score, I could do something to give back to the game I love.
  25. Nov 8, 2013
    Best MOBA out there at the moment. Its fun, and its totally free! definitely recommended to any game out there. For old time Dota 1 players they will love it and for new comers its easy to get into!
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    raise your pumpkins
  27. Nov 8, 2013
    GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC
  28. Nov 8, 2013
    Lots of people were upset because Volvo was not giving Diretide. Now they announced Diretide AND a huge new patch. We gotta vote this thing back up, guys!
  29. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is extremely hard to learn but also very gratifying. It is easy to get addicted to this game and not need any other game ever. The competitive pro scene is an added bonus.
  30. Nov 8, 2013
    Excellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is stillExcellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is still source of annoyance
    Second no single player ladder
    Third lots of misbehaving players (I have to confess, that I do use offensive language sometimes too)

Despite that shortcomings Dota 2 offers intensive and diverse experience. After several months of playing it I still enjoy it (not as much as at the beginning but still enough to play it very often).
    I strongly recommend it.

Ps. One more remark.

I rate Valve business model higher than Riot's all meaningful content is free. You pay only for visuals (or access to transmissions from tournaments). In LoL you are encouraged to spend usually new champions are stronger than existing plus limited choice of champions affects your game-play. This is very discouraging.
  31. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide was given thx valve for listen i hope next time things will be different. Diretide was given thx valve for listen i hope next time things will be different.
  32. Nov 8, 2013
    GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC GAVE DIRETIDE, FIX METACRITIC ty volvo
  33. Nov 8, 2013
  34. Nov 8, 2013
    Better than League. Community needs to calm down over diretide. Valve is usually quiet on what they're working with and I'm fine with that. If everyone just had the patience and waited they would have seen the huge update and nothing would have been wrong.
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo! hype train choo choo!
  36. Nov 8, 2013
  37. Nov 8, 2013
    they give diretidethey did give diretide­
  38. Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!
  39. Nov 8, 2013
    GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈGOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOT DIRETIDEヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ
  40. Nov 8, 2013
  41. Nov 8, 2013
    got diretide now~ awesome gameplay,great graphic,got diretide and got diretide plus got diretide now(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ HUG VALVE! never get tired from playing dota
  42. Nov 8, 2013
    Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband! Volvo Reband!
  43. Nov 8, 2013
    I feel bad when users vote this awesome game 0 just because the developer don't do sth that ppl want. U can't trade nearly 1 thousand hours of play for just 2-3 weeks of a game mode that only for items farming rights? Please realize ur mistake and make Dota 2 9.9/10
  44. Nov 8, 2013
    just a TL;DR version.
    Gameplay: 10/10.
    Depth: 10/10. It's really deep and a true Esports game.
    Accessibility: 7/10. The only weakness of Dota 2, it's quite harsh to noobs.
    Community: 6/10. The community is mixed between mature and VERY childish people.
    Graphics: 8/10.

A must play game if you like strategy games.
  45. Nov 8, 2013
    They gave dire tide, and have continually improved the game over the last few years.

Steep learning curve, and crappy match making are the only downside on these two.
  46. Nov 8, 2013
    This is a truly great game, the user rating however doesn't reflect this. The rating reflects the idiots and trolls that don't think before they act. A yearly event (Diretide) was not added this Halloween and these people reacted without thought. The game itself is amazing, I am coming from a SC2 and WoW background. This game is by far the most frustrating, incredible, terrible, andThis is a truly great game, the user rating however doesn't reflect this. The rating reflects the idiots and trolls that don't think before they act. A yearly event (Diretide) was not added this Halloween and these people reacted without thought. The game itself is amazing, I am coming from a SC2 and WoW background. This game is by far the most frustrating, incredible, terrible, and amazing game I have come across. The learning curve is high, there are almost 100 heroes, with 4 or more spells each, and a ton of items (some build into others too!). It is a game you will be bad at for a while, but the learning experience is a good time as well. There is a sense of accomplishment in this game that I haven't had in others. This game will take time to learn, but if you are going to spend time gaming my advice would be to put some into this. The professional scene is also a great part of this game, and will teach you a lot as well. Overall, Dota 2 is my favorite game of all time, and I truly believe that it is the best PC game out there. Give it a try, you won't be sorry (for that long). Expand
  47. Nov 8, 2013
    We complained they delivered. I'm really ashamed of the dota community for making a big fuss over the whole diretide thing. But in the end valve put up with it and still managed to give it to us along with other new content. Valve is one of the best community driven company.
  48. Nov 8, 2013
    It's sad to see so many votes from the Beta client bringing this score down.

Honestly, DOTA2 nails it for a MOBA.

Less cartoony than LoL, and somehow more satisfying than HoN.

Great community, mature marketplace, and more importantly a kickass game.
  49. Nov 8, 2013
    i always will love this game, this game makes all my days, i love dota forever, we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we goti always will love this game, this game makes all my days, i love dota forever, we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide we got diretide Expand
  50. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota 2 is an excellent Action RTS game with extensive game mechanics and limitless in-game experience to acquire. The skill learning curve for this game is incredibly steep and requires hundreds to thousands of playing hours to master. Nonetheless, Dota 2 is a challenging yet rewarding game and is especially fun to play with friends. The competitive aspect of this game is evidently highDota 2 is an excellent Action RTS game with extensive game mechanics and limitless in-game experience to acquire. The skill learning curve for this game is incredibly steep and requires hundreds to thousands of playing hours to master. Nonetheless, Dota 2 is a challenging yet rewarding game and is especially fun to play with friends. The competitive aspect of this game is evidently high which might attract some audiences, namely e-sports fans. Other features of this game include aesthetic items, custom announcers and HUD designs, and tournament tickets which you can purchase to spectate professional teams duke it out. Expand
  51. Nov 8, 2013
    Very good game, well done varied gameplay ALOT of heros that are all very different game, a game thats easy to learn difficult to master, and a good hidden ladder 10/10 would recommend.
  52. Nov 8, 2013
    I got into this game a month or so back, after I wanted a taste of something different from League of Legends. They're both massively different games, but DOTA features several additional layers of complexity such as denying, jungle stacking, couriers, and buybacks. They give the game a completely different flow and provide several different items to strategize on.

The gameplay is

The gameplay is great, lots of different heroes with their own niches, and tons of items that each have something that sets them apart. The graphics are wonderful, with rich colors and detailed models across the map. And the sound is also pretty good, they have a system that plays different music based on your context. For example if you are in combat, it will play intense music etc.

The reason I'm giving it 8 stars is because it's hard to see your progression. There is no ranking system for those who matchmake solo. Because of this, it's hard to see if you are improving, and how much if you are. There are crude divisions, "normal", "high", and "very high", but they are hard to find and the statistics for the divisions are also not disclosed. I have no idea what's up with the current rating though, this game certainly deserves more than 4 stars.
    Nov 8, 2013
    Fixing this up!

and i would like to say thank you to valve for being awesome and volvo for being the best. kudos!

Alive geam!

Diretide is on it's way bundled with major update! :D
  54. Nov 14, 2013
    The best MOBA/ARTS there is on the market. All the heroes are free and open since the day you sign up, and there's absolutely no reason or need to sink ANY money into it unless you enjoy cosmetics or want to support the competitive scene.
    I've had so much fun playing dota, and will continue to play for sure. Although people say the learning curve is steep, I think Valve have done an amazing job with the tutorial system which will have people playing in no time. I had no troubles at all, and this was my first MOBA/ARTS that I've played.
    Well done Valve!
  55. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay.
  56. Nov 8, 2013
    diretide secured. communication restored. now this game is amazingThat's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics. There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is.
  57. Nov 8, 2013
    This is the best game ever, period. i cant believe there are soo many negative votes. Mostly diretide related Otherwise the greatest and be ready to lose your free time, FOREVER! :D
  58. Nov 8, 2013
    Compared to League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, Dota 2 has more unique heroes and items. It is more advanced and rewarding than LoL. It is slower than HoN, which is important in team fights. The best popular MOBA out there. League wishes it could compare
  59. Nov 8, 2013
    fantastic game valve done a perfect job, the same dota1 feeling but now with greater visuals, better mechanics, but horrible community unfortunately...
  60. Nov 8, 2013
    Is it possible for metacritic to delete a lot of the flame comments or ratings? This game should be 9 or 10. After all people only rated it badly because of the diretide fiasco. If we all agreed and made some sort of petition would it matter?
  61. Nov 8, 2013
    Amazing game with bad reviews because of a bunch of people about no diretide well guess what there's a diretide now you happy? Now if everyone could just go ahead and give this game the ratings it deserves to counteract all the butthurt that would be nice.
  62. Nov 8, 2013
    The company that created the game, knows how to admit mistakes, and it means that the game has been, is and will be wonderful. Valve, thank you for this game!
  63. Nov 8, 2013
    A well-balanced, fun and rewarding ARTS/MOBA/whatever. The game runs nigh flawlessly on Linux, and receives updates extremely frequently. Valve have put together yet another great game.
  64. Nov 8, 2013
  65. Nov 9, 2013
    So after all that happend after the entire diretide issue and some people just ruining the entire metascore i think its fair that after what valve did we crack the score up again to its original value.
  66. Nov 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fix It
  67. Nov 9, 2013
    Perfect game. Good matchmaking, good gameplay, good balance, good graphics.

Only posting this reviews because vandals wrecked the metacritic user score.
  68. Nov 9, 2013
    Despite the unfortunate Diretide 2013 backlash, Dota 2 is and remains the single most addictive game on the market. The learning curve is steep and the community at times hostile as shown in the last debacle but the game itself is as good as a PC game can be. No two games are like and the fact that it's ever-changing yet the same is what is a large part of the appeal.
  69. Nov 9, 2013
    There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll startThere's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start having a hell lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a casual gamer and can't be bothered to invest that time. If that's the case and you want to play a MOBA then that's where LoL comes in. If you already play LoL and want something more challenging and more rewarding then by all means try Dota 2. Plus it has way better graphics, great character customization and doesn't require any money to unlock heroes (which I find very frustrating in LoL). It is also more balanced imo. As for the community, well it's still a MOBA so don't expect too much, although it's not so bad. Expand
  70. Nov 9, 2013
    Best multi-player game of the past couple of years by far.
    Only posting this here because some entitled dick-wads broke the score. just doing my part
  71. Nov 9, 2013
    2451 hours in Dota2, by far the best game I played online. Even after so many hours I still learn new stuff. And with 100+heroes you never get bored. I recommend Dota2
  72. Nov 9, 2013
    Literally the best multiplayer online experience you can have. This free-to-play game will provide you hundreds and possibly thousands of hours of pure multiplayer bliss. Dota is a very complex game with an enormous learning curve, and you will need to dedicate your time and your attention to this game if you want to be good at it. Thankfully Valve has made really neat tutorial levels thatLiterally the best multiplayer online experience you can have. This free-to-play game will provide you hundreds and possibly thousands of hours of pure multiplayer bliss. Dota is a very complex game with an enormous learning curve, and you will need to dedicate your time and your attention to this game if you want to be good at it. Thankfully Valve has made really neat tutorial levels that will introduce you to the game. There are also dozens of guides online that will help you. Expand
  73. Nov 9, 2013
    Incredibly fun game, every time you play it's a different experience. So many heroes to play as, I would consider all of them fun in their own way. You know a game is good when you're still having fun even when you're losing.
  74. Nov 9, 2013
    Complex mechanics that make a enjoyable game where you need microskills abilitys if you want win this game you need play as a team and make it work..
  75. Nov 9, 2013
    Fantastic game, it's a real shame the community is so bad. If you're going to play make sure you read some guides online first and complete the training to get a grasp of the mechanics. There is quite a steep learning curve.
  76. Nov 9, 2013
    A great game. Offers thousands of hours of gameplay because no two matches are alike. Very complex, very dynamic and a great community. Volvo gave us Diretide
  77. Nov 9, 2013
    An incredible free to play multiplayer game that, once you've scaled the learning wall, offers endless hours of nuanced combat and strategy. Though the community can be harsh, those with thick skin will persevere and lose countless hours of their life to this addictive ARTS.
  78. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 is easily one of the most exciting and gripping games I have ever played before. There are so many different scenarios which lead to you never getting bored. I would suggest Dota 2 to anyone looking for a fantastic game to play.
  79. Nov 9, 2013
    Best game i've ever played. Even if you always play on the same map the variety of heroes and items makes every match you play different. I've played this game for almost a year and i'm proud that this game is still part of my life
  80. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 is a great game that will truly test your skills. There are many great aspects to the game including many heroes, many combinations of skills, and getting better is very rewarding.
  81. Nov 9, 2013
    Good, very good game! Valve strive for users. And do not neglect them and underestimate assessment through event, I think they learned a lesson and will continue to delight us with their patches
  82. Nov 9, 2013
  83. Nov 9, 2013
    It's a really good game, possible the best game I've ever played. It have a good mixture of strategy and action, which is really cool. Also, all players started out the same each game so it is all fair play, and it is all about your skills. No item-buying from market except for cosmetics (which is basically just pretty things and add nothing to your hero).
  84. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is completely free to play so the only barrier on entry is player skill. There is even a tutorial nowadays so that new players aren't completely left to sink or swim like old-school gamers were.
  85. Nov 9, 2013
    Easily one of the best games I've ever played. It's especially fun when you have friends that play as well.

A lot of reviews on this site are negative but don't mind the trolls. There are still some good people in the dota community. That being said, try it out and i assure you won't regret it.
  86. Nov 10, 2013
    A game that keeps challenges you so much that there's something new to learn every time you play. Even after having well over 1000 hours of playing the game and spectating pro tournaments, this is just a gold mine for fans of team games that require deep strategic thinking and fast reflexes at the same time.
  87. Nov 10, 2013
    This game is amazing, I've never spent so many hours playing a single game and still feel like I am learning new stuff every day. I honestly can't believe it's free. It will frustrate the hell out of you but winning a match leaves you feeling satisfied like no other game can.
  88. Nov 10, 2013
    best gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem everbest gaem ever
  89. Nov 10, 2013
    The most challenging MOBA style game out there. Great fun with friends. Regular updates. Great business model (completely free to play with JUST cosmetic items for sale). Play it!
  90. Nov 11, 2013
    Truly the best moba, if not PC game, ever, out there.
    On a true 5v5 neutral basis, without pay for power of any kind and all heroes available from the very first time you launch the game, this title holds no comptetitors worthy of the name.
  91. Nov 11, 2013
    Best MOBA ever! Best game ever! Sad to see that the community can't support it decently. As you can see, even with the mistakes from Valve, no one stop playing it, they're only criticizing it....
  92. Nov 11, 2013
    This game is certainly worth playing. It's free yet very entertaining and joyful, hard, complicated and requires a calm mind and firm strategy. If you're up for challenge download dota on steam and start playing. it's hard but rewarding
  93. Nov 11, 2013
    Great game. Has a learning curve, but with time will outshine other similar games. Able to pick all heroes from the start. Pay for items don't have any effect on skill/ability. Ignore the review bombs from haters.
  94. Nov 12, 2013
    Thank you valve for giving diretide.Thank you valve for giving diretide.Thank you valve for giving diretide.Thank you valve for giving diretide.Thank you valve for giving diretide.Thank you valve for giving diretide.Thank you valve for giving diretide.
  95. Nov 14, 2013
    It's a great game with a colourful community! Great depth and a big play on your real-time tactical skills. Has lots of heroes to choose from, and with a team of 5 there are countless combinations of skills you can apply in battle.
  96. Nov 14, 2013
    I think that over thousand hours of game-play speaks for itself! Just the best of its kind out there! Just a brilliant job all over! Will be enjoying my next thousand hours!
  97. Nov 14, 2013
  98. Nov 14, 2013
    dota 2 10/10 the best game from the time of Jesus' birth .I play DotA since Alexander the Great and I'm still not tired of it. One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free
  99. Nov 14, 2013
    Good work VOLVO.Thank you for the update.I didn't vote a low score last week.The score was about 3.9 so low.I think it isn't fair for DOTA2 to got such score.Game such as League of Legends didn't have the diretide also.Even no any activity can get a higher score.That must be wrong.I'm sure DOTA2 is a better game.So I sign a account and rote 10.0.For fair and justice,for such a goodGood work VOLVO.Thank you for the update.I didn't vote a low score last week.The score was about 3.9 so low.I think it isn't fair for DOTA2 to got such score.Game such as League of Legends didn't have the diretide also.Even no any activity can get a higher score.That must be wrong.I'm sure DOTA2 is a better game.So I sign a account and rote 10.0.For fair and justice,for such a good game.Cheer up DOTA2 Expand
  100. Nov 14, 2013
    Dota 2 has to be the best F2P game out there. It is very complex and there's always more to learn about it but once you learn the basics, it's incredibly rewarding and fun to play.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.