6.3

1. Apr 15, 2014
    This game is for those who have time and determination Upon reading these reviews, you will notice some things: --Reviews are almost completely 9&10s or 1&2s --Professional Critic reviews are very high --Many people choose to speak about Valve rather than the actual game I think that from this, we can assume a few things. -- This game is definitely not for everyone. If you are not willing to put in many hours a few moments of pure frustration, read no more. This game is not for you. If you will not accept that defeat may occur in the most humiliating way, read no more. If you cannot accept that updates are made based on the most recurring needs, not your own, read no more.
    -- This game has massive potential, but the potential of any given match is determined by the players. If you want a perfectly even match, you cannot find it! The reason being that a 'perfect' match cannot exist! You will find matches that are so leaned one way that you stand no chance! However, that does not mean you should quit. The 'currency' of dota is build items. The more you have, the more money and/or time you have put in the game. Typically, items are awarded only to the best player of the winning team, but one can earn an item regardless if you are good enough. Just to put an example, I once had a game where 3 out of the 5 people on my team quit. This meant that odds were 100% I would lose. But i played well enough I was awarded an item.
    -- Valve is a large company. They simply could not support a customer feedback group large enough to help every single person within a timely manner. Sending something to valve only ensures that the said mail will be read at some point, not that you will get a reply. Many low reviews comment on the slowness of the updates. This is not true. Small updates are made almost constantly in a process called the 'balance changelog' which ensures that no hero/item is too powerful. Major updates, such as a new character or likewise feature are rare, but no rarer than in any other game!
    -- People will sabotage a game for their own. Many low reviews state that dota is horrible in every way. I would be surprised if the majority of these people did not play league of legends, a similar and fun spin-off of dota. Critics judge the game without comparison to others, it is their job. Meanwhile the rest of us cannot help our bias. I have mine, you have yours, and every other review on this page has theirs.
    -- Dota is, by no stretch of the imagination, perfect. It has its flaws, such as a community that for the most part I have found to be silent or polite, but with some nastiness found on any multiplayer game. Honestly, the community is better here than on any console shooter I've played. There are bugs that can ruin a game and that people claim exist forever (In reality valve does not tell you they are fixed, they just fix the bugs) and of course the matchmaking! Remember that while some matches are unfair, the computer is doing the best with what it has. The computer can only put you in a match for the regions you select with other people joining a game at the same time as you. Be kind to the robots. They will spare you in the uprising.
    -- People lie. If you believe every statistic given here, you are a fool. Many of the facts are true to a specific point in time far in the past, and many more are simply lies given by people who got beat up by a bloodseeker their first game and never played again.

I hope this review has been helpful. And please, don't judge after one game. Thats like judging you based on a single sentence you have uttered. (This would be uh.... for most of us)
  2. Apr 12, 2014
    Theres a reason this is the most played PC game of all time as of the moment. The first few games suck yes but when you learn you cant put it down. If one person on your team feeds you lose but i dont have a problem with losing i still have fun. A game can take from 20mins to 1 or so hours its a joy to play with friends i recommend it highly. 10/10 Ruined my life.
  3. Apr 8, 2014
    There are many key points to the game's success.
    First, the valuable lesson of teamwork! However, there is a small price of self-esteem and a 99 percent chance of being yelled at by your a**hole of a teammate. But hey, that's nothing!
    Also, ease of access is another important point! Just choose which Russia you want to play in!
    Many critics were happy with this product! For instance,
    jremy1253 commented,

"Before I played DotA 2, I though the Brazilians were only bad at soccer".

You see? Important life lessons! And to DotA fans, remember, you are entitled to your opinions, but this is mine. Please do not take it personally, otherwise risk facing a slight chance of ulcers, rage, and other side effects that would be harmful to the average human.

Thank you, and have a lovely evening.
  4. Apr 7, 2014
    For me the best MOBA there is to play. It is very difficult and challenging to new players but if you grab a few friends that are on the same skill level that you are you are going to have a blast. My only gripe with the game is that you can see what heroes the enemy team picks so counter picking is a really annoying thing to do but is done often.
  5. Apr 6, 2014
    DOTA Is a very difficult game. If you are looking for a more Casual MOBA style game. Don't play DOTA 2. It takes a lot of time to learn and is a game that takes years to master. League of Legends is the casual persons MOBA game. With that being said. DOTA is a lot of fun for people who take the time to learn how to play it. It has deep varied strategies and with every devastating loss you will find a glorious victory. I played League for a couple years before DOTA 2 came out and it was fun, but once DOTA 2 came out I left it behind because DOTA has a lot more to offer and you can't beat the original. Expand
  6. Apr 4, 2014
    The best game ever...
    IceFrog idea of a competitive game has been taken to the next level with Valves support and built a whole world up around it.
    Many hours spent playing this game and I see many many more coming.
  7. Apr 3, 2014
    Dota 2 concerteza é o melhor MOBA atualmente, por mais que o jogo possa ter alguns defeitos, o que é normal em todo game, a Valve vem trabalhando muito em cima disso, moldando o Dota 2, que tem por "natureza" a maior complexidade de jogo dentre os demais MOBAs, e tornando-o um jogo cada vez mais falado e amado pelos jogadores.
    Devido a isso espero que, com o passar do tempo, vejamos um
    game free to play, que trara grandes experiencias, entreterimento e diversao para seus jogadores, telespectadores e para as pessoas em geral, sendo assim quebrando todas as espectativas e recordes de evolução dos eSports que existem por aí. Obrigado. Expand
  8. Mar 25, 2014
    Dota 2 is the revolution in cybersport. It makes e-gaming feel like real serious sport, as it was football or basketball. And this is the main merit of Dota2 and Valve.
    Besides game is really great, it is deep, variative, competitive, hard.
    The ones who dislike it are the fans of LoL(which is another great MOBA Btw), conservative fans of Dota1, or the ones who doesn't want to spent like
    1000 hours(real 1000 hours) to understand mechanics of game(Usually they want to be pro after completing tutorial, like in every SP shooter, never playing MP coz, surprise there are always bunch of players playing much better then you) .
    Love it or hate it, DOTA 2 is the BIGGEST GAME that was created by industry.
  9. Mar 22, 2014
    They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide.
  10. Mar 20, 2014
    Valve gave great tutorial about this game and the gaming system is great. With MMR system, you can hone your skill in playing such game. Also this game offer many cosmetics, though some are overpriced in my opinion. This game is addictive.
  11. Mar 16, 2014
    This game's user score should be at least 2 higher because of all the "DIRETIDE PLZ VOLVO" reviews that people did.
    Anyway this is going to be a short review. The game is free, yet is not pay to win, has around a hundred playable heroes all very different and versatile and is constantly updated. I mean come on, how can you not love it? The graphics are great, mechanics are smooth and no
    single hero is overpowered if the opponent is smart and can utilize his items and hero abilities. This is the TF2 of the MOBA genre, except that it's even better in the retrospect that nothing you buy can aid you to win. The only downside to the game its very steep learning curve but if you put in enough time the game is immensely fun. 200 hours in and I love it to bits. Highly recommended. Expand
  12. Mar 15, 2014
    Dota 2's genius gameplay, allows you to strategize in different ways with the different heroes selected. It's satisfying to perform tactics that you and your teammates plan, providing an exciting challenge against your enemies. While the design can be irritating at times, and while the user interface in-match could be less distracting, Dota 2, in the most time, flawlessly and beautifully.
    The heroes are divided by two optional choices for their hero: to make him an attacker or supporter. It depends on the overall strength and power value that the hero has. It's a must to strategize with the two elements combined, because it makes for a good teamwork and a valuable time. Killing other players is important, but slashing some creeper blood isn't bad either, helping the player to earn coins for buying important items and to earn experience, which levels you up to upgrade your powers. The powers are specialized attacks or other abilities which need to be used cleverly to positively perform the duty. They either do damage, heal, teletransport, make clones... you get it, there is a LOT of abilities counting all the heroes. And the items too need to be bought and used smartly, where the player needs to focus more on suggested items. If the suggested items are not workable right, then the dictionary helps you with everything, starting from instructions by users, to actually and visually showing what items and powers to focus on. It's really helpful. Also, crafting needs to be mentioned, for, basically, buying the expensive items that you want easier and safer.
    The objective of every match is to destroy enemies' defenses and to finally destroy the Ancient tower of the enemy. When you with your teammates do that, your team wins. But it gets more complicated than that, because on the other hand enemies are trying to do the same thing. If they teamwork and use powers well, they're more likely to win. But, to prevent that from happening, obviously you with your teammates need to do better than that. Playing individually is not recommended, because it shows selfishness to the player and the team might loose. So, the most important obligation is teamwork in this game.
    The game itself has some modes which don't change the gameplay style, but only the hero selection style. And that is really nice, because it adds multiverse to the game. I don't know if you understood the last sentence, but you'll get it if you dig deeper.
    Does the tutorial help? Yes, it kind of does, but you need to get an experienced player to instruct you how to play the game. And playing with bots when you start playing is recommendable.
    Is this game good? Dota 2 is a fantastic MOBA. Well, what did you expect from Valve? 8/10
  13. Mar 14, 2014
    One of the best game I've ever played, even though learning curve is really high it still gives lots of fun.
    For some reasons I heard that this game is really imbalanced, probably because it's mostly directed to competitive scene.
  14. Mar 14, 2014
    gtfo league fanboys and stop hating on dota because you decided to play the n00b moba and found dota too hard for you lololololololololololololololololol
  15. Mar 1, 2014
    ne alıp veremedıgın var ? adam gıbı davransaydınız 2'nızı de kımse banlamazdı o oyunda kımse sıze yardımda etmezdı kodum dıngılı turk degılmısın yuz versek astar ıstıyorsun sıze o az bıle mınecraft olayına gelınce ben senden kac yas buyugum ıt keyfımı bozmucaktın oyunda sen benden 1 ay once basladın dıye kendını allah mı sandın got lalesı
  16. Feb 26, 2014
    I have 800 hours into this game and am still deeply engaged and learning. Amazing depth in skills, interactions and repeat play. It is Free to Play, but I have spent $ on vanity items, but that is just it, they are VANITY items. No pay to win here. I am largely a solo player, so I have to rely on random or half stack teams. Though I play BOTS games will my less competitive friends and have a good time with them, I do see where causal players can be turned off.

Cons: I wish that VALVE would do some IP restrictions on their servers, playing US EAST or WEST with players Pinging in at 500+ is pretty brutal. People can be real jerks and make it unfun.

DOTA2 is a love hate for sure, you will love it and hate yourself and your team.
    That is MOBAs in general and it is best in class.

Plus drafted ability mode is ridiculously fun. Just stay the hell away from All Pick.
  17. Feb 26, 2014
    i lowe it i love it twoja stara i still hate it 2/10 trololololololollolooloololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo
  18. Feb 23, 2014
    I love this game. It is hard, it has depth, and most of all it is very addictive. You will never play two matches the same, EVER. It is competitive and the community reflects it. The game mechanics are solid. I love the art design. They do events according to the season which is engaging. The game is completely free to play. You do not have to buy anything to enjoy the game. All of the heroes are free to try out at your leisure. The only thing that is for offer is cosmetics. Which in itself is enticing. I bought the portal pack and regret nothing. Listening to GlaDos announce the match never gets old. If you have a PC I highly recommend you play the game for yourself. I give it a 10/10! Expand
  19. Feb 23, 2014
    Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.
  20. Feb 17, 2014
    I had so much fun punching elephants to death when i wasnt stunned. I got some good punches on this fat ass elephant but not many because everyone has a stun. Worst lego game ever. I might aswell go watch the lego movie coming out in the cinemas because im a 12 year old. either way, dota 2 sucks big black galaxy bars.
  21. Feb 17, 2014
    Constant updates. Financial model which does not effect gameplay. Initial learning curve is quite steep but there are customizable lobbies and co op bot matches to hone your skills. The one point off i gave because nothing is ever perfect. Any gripes you hear about the community is testimony to humanity, and not this game. I continue to meet many kind, helpful and hilarious players who i now play with on a regular basis. Expand
  22. Feb 17, 2014
    This one of my favorite games - appears simple but is devilishly complex. You'll want to proceed through the entire tutorial, and then ease into multiplayer, expecting significant early failure. Stick with it though, and experience one of the finest in free to play competitive RTS.
  23. Feb 7, 2014
    While DotA is (relatively) easy to learn, it is impossible to master. This makes for a continuing rich experience for the player as they will learn and grow in skill and strategy with other players of rough parity. You are matched (most of the time) with other players of similar skill, and this insures that you are challenged, but not obliterated, as you learn to play.

DotA has also
    introduced ranked matchmaking, which is highly recommended as it allows you to play with others of similar language, skill level, and passion. Expand
  24. Feb 2, 2014
    I like dis game very much. I wait long time, but Volvo giff me diretide and new character to play with. Game is not dead anymore. Thank you Volvo, I buy your car and game for long time.
  25. Jan 30, 2014
    This game is awesome. This 180 degrees better than the previous game. It has more better graphic, more easily to play and the most I love is this game has the build guide that makes newbie can join to play too :)
  26. Jan 29, 2014
    One of the most addicting games I have ever played! I started playing Dota 1 around 2004 and went on to play Dota 2 when it was in beta. I agree with many of the negative posts here that the matchmaking system is flawed and that the game itself has some issues, but I don't think that these issues overshadow the fact that this is a great game. Yes the community isn't the most noob friendly and people can be overwhelmingly retarded sometimes, but if you have some good friends to play the game with, you are certainly going to enjoy it. Expand
  27. PUR
    Jan 28, 2014
    This game is Amazing, it can be a little troublesome for players without experience in the MOBA genre at the start, but overtime you will experience a feeling of retribution each time you learn and improve your gameplay. The game is still evolving, constantly providing features to help new players learn the basic game play mechanics, adding new content and balancing what is available. The community can be harsh at first, but you will gain friends by communicating and mechanics for penalizing bad conduct are available and efficient. Expand
  28. Jan 28, 2014
    Its a very good game. I started playing since the beta about 1 and a half year ago. Its true that its hard to master the game but Its very interesting and fun to master each hero. As you get to learn that each character is situational and not the same. I have become addicted to it and i find it as my favorite Action RTS.
  29. Jan 27, 2014
    Negative points just come from the delay Diretide event. People are not really mean. Great graphics, best RPG gameplay, great metagame. E-sport game of the year 2013. Enough said!
  30. Jan 27, 2014
    Amazing gaming, VERY difficult to learn but amazingly rewarding when you start to understand the mechanics and using little details that can turn the tide of a game on the long run.
  31. Jan 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is good on his own and I like it.She may not like the other, although some people do quite mediocre reviews oblivious to prudence, well, this is Dota 2 players. Expand
  32. Jan 11, 2014
    Very amazing, great graphics, gameplay, and community. Better than LOL, guardians of middle earth, torchlight, and any moba game out there!

33. Jan 9, 2014
    Many blame the game for its horrible community. It is indeed rude and childish, but to blame the game itself for it would be pointless. As for the game itself, it's pointless to rate a free-to-play product of such quality and stability lower that 10, as Valve has done tremendous job to preserve DotA into Source engine and introduce new elements which help attract new players and old players alike.
  34. KiX
    Jan 9, 2014
    Everything I had expected of Defence of The Ancients is there.
    I love graphic and audio. Models, effect, animations, sounds, all are my cup of tea. Casts from events are very enjoyable as well. I found commentators from Beyond The Summit or JoinDOTA very passionate informed and fun to listen to.

Community is like any other anonymous internet community. It feels like egoists, elitists,
    griefers and haters are loudest and everywhere (as you can see here). For best (hate free) experience play with people you already know. Expand
  35. Jan 8, 2014
    Come on people with games like this you really can't look at the user score. If you read a lot of these reviews of people who gave it a 1 or a 0 the only negative thing they can say is "other players were mean to me so I stopped playing!!" wow haha they got to you that bad? I practiced until I got good and ignored the talkers along the way but I suppose that's what you do when your self esteem doesn't hinge on what other kids say to me in a video game. Play Dota 2 if you want a highly competitive multiplayer experience that requires a great deal of skill, practice, and teamwork. Expand
  36. Jan 7, 2014
    engrossing game. character variety brilliant. lots of player guides. in no time, youll have your favourite characters that you like playing. mine are Shadow Shaman (good fire and forget turret destroyer ultimate until its nerfed if ever). Lycanthrope(good wolves,down boy, hehe) and Mirana. there are a lot of guys who get frustrated if you dont play the game their way- but remember it is a team game. mute the idiots. when you followed other guys plans and it didnt work, hold yer tongue from saying i told you so and think what you are going to do in the next. i like to play for the team as opposed to personal score. much rather die and take down a turret and help win the game than get a good kill score ratio. remember the aim is to destroy the other team's base not just bash their heroes(though it helps) and your creeps (npc henchmen) go a long way to help that. weaken the towers, weaken the other players creeps if you dont destroy them and youll help your creeps in destroying their base. played 2 games a few days ago where my ally just said to us stop pushing meaning stop advancing...silly thing to say as advancing means going fwd (wasnt stop attempting to push). i played with him in 2 games on the trot as an ally. took another ally player (thats how i am)in 2nd to remind him what the aim of the game is). also too many kids which say 'commend me' or 'commend me please' aswell as idiots because that is most definitely what they are, who say 'Report xyz' as if other players dont have a brain-i dread to think how many poor guys have got bans or similar because of the reporting system and other players being led by this if i was valve i'd do away totally with the reporting system. i know its a bit controversial but id have seperate rooms geared for going for the win and going for player score hopefully alleviating the 'lets run around weakening and upsetting the oppo when our score is so stacked right now that we can literally walk into the base and win but lets inflict more pain' mentality for those who dont like doing that. have a variety of game plans, situation dependent. sometimes its good to go as a group but also that one lone guy can achieve much whilst 4 others gank. its whats so good about the game. lots of strategies, lots of characters and a lot of people think they know best, dare i say it, including me, lol. play the game, try it but keep a thick skin. i love it. the mp entry does need sorting though- 1 player declining which sends you all back to matchmaking is a bit silly. Expand
  37. Jan 6, 2014
    Great game addictive as hell while the game is a MOBA so obviously it is quite similar to other MOBA games like LoL but unlike LoL the best feature is how there is now pay to win as all heroes are available from the start so although with OVER 100 heroes it will take at least 15 games to find the right one once you do it is incredibly fun and the game is one with huge strategic complexity.
    And although there is quite a steep learning curve to help you climb the hill quicker there are several community created builds and guides for all the characters and there is the ability to watch professional teams and top rated players play so you can see how to play each characters also the graphics a beautiful.
  38. Jan 6, 2014
    DOTA 2 is the best online game I've ever played. I love how the community shows sportsmanship to each other. I've played the original DOTA mod and I really hated it. Not because I suck at it. The controls were difficult and the game design irritated me. But with DOTA 2, everything has changed! I like the heros' new design, the brighter atmosphere, and the much more better controls. If you're a true DOTA fan, you must play this amazing successor and stop playing LoL! Expand
  39. Jan 3, 2014
    There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start having a hell lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a casual gamer and can't be bothered to invest that time. If that's the case and you want to play a MOBA then that's where LoL comes in. If you already play LoL and want something more challenging and more rewarding then by all means try Dota 2. Plus it has way better graphics, great character customization and doesn't require any money to unlock heroes (which I find very frustrating in LoL). It is also more balanced imo. As for the community, well it's still a MOBA so don't expect too much, although it's not so bad Expand
  40. Jan 3, 2014
    Dota 2 is one pretty dynamic and growing MOBA. And the big difference between Dota 2 and other MOBA Games is that there not just the Abilities from your Hero. You can get a lot of different Abilities and other Active Skills from you Equipment. And i think that Valve is doing a great job with different Events. Even the Shop System is more then fair, because you can win different Visual Items while a Match. BTW sry for my bad English. Expand
  41. Dec 28, 2013
    It is not possible to review Dota 2 as a whole game because it is never completed. Unlike the typical yearly release of first-person shooters on the market, Dota 2 is constantly being updated. New features are added every month and the player-base is always growing over time. Since the game's inception in 2011, its developer Icefrog and company Valve Corporation have shown their dedication and ability to continue supporting the game in all its various aspects.
    Dota 2 is the epitome of competition, skill complexity and team strategy.
    Dota 2 has a learning cliff that needs to be conquered by new players if they are to enjoy the game. It is hard, torturous and unforgiving, but the rewards are well worth the effort and time invested. Even for the most dedicated of players and professionals, there are always new challenges to learn as the degree of interactivity in this game is so high that no two games are exactly the same.

Dota 2 is currently free-to-play but, amazingly, does not apply a "Pay-to-win" or "Pay-to-advance" game monetization method. Instead, Dota 2 sells in-game cosmetics that fit into its heroes' themes and colors and provide no advantages or disadvantages at all. Anyone can play the game and never spend a single cent or dollar, and will never be shortchanged in any way. All heroes are available for play and there are no "pay-gates" or "unlock-mechanisms".
  42. Dec 28, 2013
    Dota 2 is the epitome of competition, skill complexity and team strategy.

43. Dec 25, 2013
    dota 2 es un buen, no es para cualquiera es agresivo no es para nops y no es de cuento de adas pero en el puede ver la que un momento vas ganando y luego pierdes, solo digo para todas esas criticas que dicen que es malo, pero el dota es uno poco juegos parciales que ganas por lo que sabes y tu estrategia y no por itens ni tiempo en el es el mejor juego
  44. Dec 24, 2013
    The game is nice very close to the original dota witch i loved). the game is much more complex from LoL so at first it is a little hard but i like it when its hard) the game has some way to go but its a very good game, just give it a chance
  45. Dec 24, 2013
    This game is one of the most skill intensive games out there. The team dynamic is crucial to do well and the game play is fun and highly addicting. If your looking for a game to really submerse yourself into, then this is it.
  46. Dec 24, 2013
    Best game made in the last years, thank you for picking up a bootleg WC3 mod we all loved and got hooked! dismemberd! and life stolen by! Thank you Valve
  47. Dec 24, 2013
    Complex, competitive, fun and loads of teamwork. Different play styles can lead to victories or defeat with heavy punishments for small mistakes. A single team fight can change the whole course of the game. With varied controls and a huge amount of heroes to play, any combination of skills and items can be possible. DOTA 2, a very good experience and takes a lifetime to master.
  48. Dec 22, 2013
    All in all this game is a good one.
    Since the first beta days there was a large improvement.
    As a result you have a normally balanced gameplay, a lot of heroes to choose, different events and a lot of patches.
    Valve has proved that they know how to create a real special game.
  49. Dec 21, 2013
    I have never seen aesthetics like those in Dota 2. Something about the graphics is very visually appealing and unique. It's the best free to play game I've ever experienced. There is so much to enjoy without spending a penny, yet so many positives that I WANT to spend the money if for no other reason than to support the developers. Few games make me appreciate them so much that I willingly give extra money towards them. I love their seasonal events, frequent updates, and creativeness of the community. My only request is that valve keeps giving this game the attention it deserves. Expand
  50. Dec 20, 2013
    One of the best, competitive games I've ever played. It is free, so get all your friends battle for the most epic Action Real Time Strategy game ever!!!!
  51. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i like ARTS DOTA 2 .One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. Try hard everywhere doto best doto gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg Expand
  52. Dec 19, 2013
    It's so sad that a lot of people put negative comments in this great game all because of Diretide. Otherwise very good game. New player here and extremely pleased at how well made the game is. Good job Valve.
  53. Dec 19, 2013
    I would normally give this game a 9. But since a bunch of kids gave it a zero because of diretide, I'll give it a 10. It's one of the best competitives teamwork games out there and it's quite polished also.
  54. Dec 19, 2013
    Free game, awesome updates and great community. The micro transactions give you no advantage in game which is awesome. Also there are constant updates to make the interface fresh.
  55. Dec 19, 2013
    Dota is an absolutely amazing online experience. It can deliver an incredibly wide array of emotions over the span of the ~40 minutes of each match. With over a hundred heroes to pick from the get go, it is an immensely diverse game, with a ridiculous number of possible strategies, making it a constant learning experience. It's a greatly satisfying game, and I would call it the best online game I've ever played. Expand
  56. Dec 18, 2013
    If you want real MOBA, this is. If you just want to think you are good at MOBA, go play LoL.
    There is a reason that even Blizzard is going to copy Dota
  57. Dec 17, 2013
    Es una obra muy interesante de valve vale la pena jugarlo. Algunos míticas series de valve puede que sea hasta ahora una de lo juegos mas adictivos de este genero que muy fácilmente puede coronar 10 puntos
  58. Dec 16, 2013
    I give this game a 9.5, but it is closer to a 10 so I'll give it that. It is also to offset the idiots that think giving a game anything at or below a 3 is appropriate. It is a lot of fun and is the most complex MOBA out there in my opinion. However, I will stick to LoL for my more casual party games with friends, but Dota is a great hardcore game.
  59. Dec 13, 2013
    I am a league of legends first but when I finally got into dota, I have converted. I will never have the time to play like a pro, but it brings me back to the star craft days of lan parties. Besides some of the un-desirable attitudes from some of the young players that are vested in the game play, its a great system. Also there are great users out there willing to help. That understand the mentor ways and will bring newbies like me up to par play. Keep it up Dota Developers... Expand
  60. Dec 12, 2013
    A game that has been refined for over 10 years as a mod for warcraft3 then ported to new light with the care and consideration that only valve can afford, always listening to the community and always refining their games no matter how old they get (e.g. TF2, Counter Strike).

DotA couldn't have asked for a better developer to refine it.
  61. Dec 12, 2013
    Great game. This was my first incursion in the genre and my first game went horribly bad, I got killed 21 times, got flamed, felt horrible... but I liked the graphics and the attention to detail all around (music, voice acting, gameplay). I knew I could do better if I learned a bit....and I tried again... Boy. The feeling of winning when you do is Glorious! So rewarding! It was just "I may have to do this and this" and it paid off! This game has the most gameplay depth I have ever experienced, super enjoyable and fun. And the community is quite nice once you step ahead of the morons who play at the lower levels. Just try and play a couple games and see what it's like for yourself! Just care not to feed too much, Expand
  62. Dec 11, 2013
    Such a wonderfully crafted and beautiful game. Every match is different and fun. There is a lot of depth but with some dedication you really start to appreciate the game's complexity and balance.
  63. Dec 11, 2013
    GOD The best Game ever for Multiplayer
    Better than StarCraft LOL or others
    For me is The best Game ever
    You can try to play any char you will found a good way to win
  64. Dec 9, 2013
    Steep learning curve, and I say this even though I played Dota1 for 2 years back when I played wc3. Incredibly rewarding teambased strategy game. Wouldn't recommend playing it by yourself, but the most fun i've had playing a competitive game in years. What Valve is doing for the growth of Dota2 in Esports as well is amazing!
  65. Dec 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the greatest! I played very many games in the past, but now I play only this Dota 2! This game is the greatest!This game is the greatest! Expand
  66. Dec 8, 2013
    There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start having a hell lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a casual gamer and can't be bothered to invest that time. If that's the case and you want to play a MOBA then that's where LoL comes in. If you already play LoL and want something more challenging and more rewarding then by all means try Dota 2. Plus it has way better graphics, great character customization and doesn't require any money to unlock heroes (which I find very frustrating in LoL). It is also more balanced imo. As for the community, well it's still a MOBA so don't expect too much, although it's not so bad. Expand
  67. Dec 8, 2013
    Lets put it this way. Not only is it the best MOBA game, it is the game that redefines what F2P means. Everything is unlocked from the beginning. It takes over 4k hours of gameplay to unlock every hero in League of Legends.

Everything in Dota 2 is free, its cosmetic. Not only is this a great f2p model, but it is also so well done that it becomes a serious addiction. Just look at
    the marketplace and the prices some of the items are going for. It is truly the new standard in how a f2p model should work. Not only are items available, they are made by the community itself, giving modders and creative people an opportunity to make money and do what they love.

Dota 2 is a complex game. It is not easy. It has a steep learning curve and it will kick your ass. However, it is the most satisfying experience in multiplayer gaming since the quake arena days.

Winning a match two barracks down is the best feeling in the world. Not only this, but you will identify yourself with the heroes. Players will not call you by your username or name, but by your hero name, putting you in the role of that hero.

Dota 2 is by far the best MOBA game ever made hands down. If you want a simple MOBA, casual with lots of players go play League of Legends, it has its advantages such as a ranked MMR system.

Dota 2 is for the serious players and the hardcore gamers.
  68. Dec 8, 2013
    1 word perfection i started playing dota 1 like 4 years ago and stopped for a while but when dota 2 came out i regained my passion toward that game and got addicted back to it i'm still playing this awesome game and enjoying the actual features with hope that valve gives us more in the close future :D keep up the good work volvo
  69. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing epic, fantastic game, ive spent hours playing this beauty, its everything i want in a game and more. Cant wait till TI4. It is a very difficult game to learn. Ive been playing for over 10 years and cant claim ive mastered it in any way. Its worth it though. Love this game!
  70. Dec 7, 2013
    Well, you want to know why DoTA best moba game ever? I can tell you a few reasons. 1.tons of heroes to play, unique heroes, not like in league of legends. 2.awsm graphics, i can say best. maybe some1 like HoN, or LoL graphics more, but obviosly what dota 2 graphics is most techologic graphic in moba games. 3.Absolutely f2p, not like other games, i said it again. Even in LoL you need to buys heroes for IP(you need to play around 10-15 games to open a new character) or real money.
    4. Voice actors this is one of the best voice works in games ever, i love rubick, enigma, puck voices, other awsm too.
    5.Gameplay every game you learning something new, becasue of this this game have endless gameplay.
  71. Dec 6, 2013
    i don't understand half of the bad reviews on here. a lot of them are just because of people playing with bad internet or on a computer incapable of handling the game. now that that's out of the way, i want to say that this is one of the best MOBA's out there. better than League or Smite in my opinion. however it is nowhere near as entry-level as league, and beginning MOBA players should start on something else. yes there is a tutorial. no it will not help you. it is however a much deeper game than most MOBAs with a large roster that is accessible for free, UNLIKE league. like I said before, start with league, move on to this. the game's matchmaking is a little flawed, though if you have a party with you its better. the wait times for matchmaking are a bit long too but still short compared to the pregame loading time and matchmaking time of league. all in all, as the sequel to the original MOBA, Defense of the ancients in warcraft 3, DOTA 2 holds up. sure it's gonna take a while before it's as popular as games like League but it's definitely better. people also complain that certain team setups are better and i guarantee you that is false. for example, a team of all gankers may get a lot of kills but if they have no support or laners they will get destroyed by carries in the end. every class is usable competitively, you just have to use the right build, and oftentimes the build you are comfortable with is better than any competitive build just due to the way it fits your playstyle.

Pros:
    Just about everything that makes this game what it is, from deep gameplay, to all classes for free, to user generated content, competitive spectating, large roster, tight controls, and great User Interface.

cons: Matchmaking takes a long time and is poorly designed, community can be harsh if you don't know how to play, game is hard if you're never played a MOBA before.
  72. Dec 5, 2013
    When I found dota 2, I'll admit that I absolutely hated it at first. The reason for it was simple. It was too complicated plus everyone at low wins treats you like Well I can tell you now that it was worth it for me to keep playing and get past that stage of inexperience and low wins. I can tell you now that at 500 wins now, I am thanking my past self so much for the effort I put into dota 2. The more you play it, the more you see in it, and the more infinite possibilities of game play there are. I also give congratulations to Ice Frog for the fantastic balance of the game. Few other games are as balanced and good as dota 2. Expand
  73. Dec 5, 2013
    It´s hard to play, you must train much to be good in this game, you need teamplay and Skill, but i you have everytime fun and the biggest community in steam!
  74. Dec 3, 2013
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  75. Dec 3, 2013
    Every mistake counts; every miscalculation will cost you direly. Dota is a game of the mind more than anything else. It tests your awareness, your ability to outwit and outsmart your opponent. The problem, however, is that the game is plagued by its community. Because Dota relies more upon the ability of the team than the skill of the individual, you will find yourself becoming frustrated with players who perform poorly.

In addition to the poor community, the game has a very high learning curve. The learning curve, however, is a good thing, as it allows for Dota to have a great deal of depth. The best way to approach this, if you are a new player, is to accept that you suck, and simply persist. You will not experience the joy of Dota until you can play it competently. It will likely take you a few months to get a basic sense for the games various heroes and mechanics, but it is the journey that is important, not the destination.

Dota 2 is an amazing, beautiful game if you can get past the learning curve. To avoid the ever dreaded community, play with your friends.
  76. Dec 3, 2013
  77. Dec 2, 2013
    Its good. Its free. And I all hero characters are available to play whenever unlike its overly expensive rival game League of Legends. Also volvo gave diretide so...
  78. Dec 1, 2013
    This game is offering every fun factor that Dota-like genre can offer.
    Perfect models, voice works, graphics, effects....and boxes too.
    I want to give score 100!
  79. Nov 30, 2013
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssick plaaaaaaaaaays love newell love icefrog suck my dick lol
  80. Nov 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ever since this game saw the light of day, in Blizzard's Warcraft, I've loved it. However, DotA 2 took me far beyond my wildest imagination. The smoothness of gameplay, the graphics, the spirit and the constant development.
    The competitive scene is also amazing. DotA has evolved into a massive game on the world wide scene, at I have never enjoyed watching DotA as much, as I do now.
    Sure, there has been some rough patches. Diretide was indeed a disaster. But mostly because so many people went way too crazy over not getting free in-game items.
    This game is free. There is no pay-to-win options like other games. Sure, cosmetics can be expensive, but they are not required to enjoy the game.
    I love this game. If I could live without sleep, I would play DotA 24/7/365.
  81. Nov 28, 2013
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this game, but bot…
  82. Nov 28, 2013
    One of the most complex and rewarding blends of strategy and RPG out there, Dota 2 delivers an amazing experience for those willing to actually learn the game. It's NOT an easy game, it's clearly NOT meant for casuals and console kids in general.

Dota 2 improves on the old Warcraft 3 DotA map without changing any of the core aspects of the game. The game wasn't dumbed down
    ("streamlined"), there is no way to get any sort of in-game advantage by spending money and, unlike LoL, there is no locked content. You can play every single character from day one.

If you are willing to face a steep learning curve and a pretty toxic community, the reward is a game with limitless possibilities, numerous viable strategies and several layers of extremely rich content. Ignore the negative reviews, they were written by COD-kids with the attention span of a goldfish and absolutely no idea on how to appreciate an intelligent masterpiece such as DotA 2. If you are a true PC gamer who enjoys a challenging yet rewarding experience, then you can NOT ignore DotA 2.
  83. Nov 28, 2013
    Have played dota 2 for about 1500 hours now and it is such a awesome game... Such a big variety of heroes, Items, Spells etc. Very hard to learn/master at first some hate from people when you do bad, But when you get past beginners stage it's really a blast to play... Defiantly recommend!
  84. Nov 27, 2013
    Excellent player-map interaction compared to similar game. Good balance and selection. Easily superior to League and Heroes, but unfortunately not as widespread. However, that situation is rapidly improving.
  85. Nov 27, 2013
    This game takes a LONG time to learn, however, this is one of the most rewarding games I've ever played. Starting from DotA 2 beta in December of '12, I had to admit this was my best time playing a game over a prolonged period of time. I never played DotA1, as wasn't old enough when the trend for DotA1 started, but I can easily see why the trend started. This is an amazing game, and an amazing remake of it. Heck, even DotA 1 is still being updated. Overall, it's a great game, just don't get bummed out in low priority, because that's where the flamers are, and get ready to learn how to play. The learning curve is seriously high, but you can definitely learn! Expand
  86. Nov 27, 2013
    Warcraft 3 DOTA wasn't developed to make money. DOTA 2 is identical to Warcraft 3 DOTA. The most unique game I can think of. Can be played in any way you'd like. Requires an enormous time-sink to fully appreciate. However, once mastered on an indivual level and once you're in a synchronised team, it's the most rewarding varied and competitive multiplayer game that exist within it's genre.
  87. Nov 26, 2013
    i'ts one of the best rpg that i have ever played in my computer, i'ts completely free, not an pay-to-win, and have a very nice gameplay i really loved it!
    Valve are doing quite of a job in here
  88. Nov 25, 2013
    GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN GabeN
  89. Nov 24, 2013
    You can ignore all the LOL fans who's best attempt to criticize the game fail just like TrueTrueReview did when giving it a 0 because it's copied Dota. Of course it copied Dota, that's the point of it. The original creator of the WC3 mod, icefrog, ported his baby to on a modern engine. It's truest and best dota clone and deserves a 9.5 and a 10 if they every improve the match making algo.
  90. Nov 23, 2013
    After 6 years of dota i can say this is the best game i have ever played. More than 3000 houres of gameplay and playing is still fun. I realy enjoy dota 2! I am rly exited for the "new" heros and some realy new stuff.
  91. Nov 23, 2013
    LISTEN! don't mind negative reviews most of them are obviously made by League of Legends fanboys. If you don't like this review then stick to the critics.

Dota 2 is probably the most addicting game I've ever played. I played the first Dota back in 2008 and it was amazing. Glad Valve developed this game instead of sticking to the Warcraft 3 version. This version is far better because of
    it's realism and challenges. If you like a fun and challenging game, this game is for you. Expand
  92. Nov 22, 2013
    It's not a noob friendly game, which explains many of the negative reviews along with the immature, shortsighted diretide idiots that ruined the rating of their beloved game. Best Dota type game out there, so it should be a 8 or 9. Giving 10 to compensate for idiots.
  93. Nov 22, 2013
    Diretide came later, so what? Its a free game, and one of the best of its Kind. But thats the DOTA community as you have to love them, always nagging and whining :P.
    Dont bother about those guys, it may be frustrating some times, but it will be worth it
  94. Nov 21, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
  95. Nov 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game. Brilliant support of community ideas and work. Lots of jokes, great graphics, every game is diverse. Professional scene is a spectacle to behold.
    The reason there are so many downvotes is because of ONE mistake for the Halloween event. Ignore the selfish idiots who dropped this amazing game from over 9 down to 3.1 at the time.
    Steep learning curve but you'll feel rewarded for winning
  96. Nov 21, 2013
    Ignore all the 0/10 for Diretide reviews, there was a miscommunication to how much people wanted it, it bandwagoned, and now there's 3,000 0/10 reviews now outdated after Valve released diretide a week after the start of things.

Great game, lots of fun, and free. Takes a bit to get started with, but definitely worth it down the road. 10/10
  97. Nov 20, 2013
    This is a great game! I have been playing it since 2005 (way back from Dota 1) and up to this time I still play it. I highly recommend it for gamers who like fast-paced and high-mental games with need high analisation and comprehension. Dota 2 and 1 is like a curse, whatever games you play after it, you'll still come back to it whatever you do. Trust me, you'll come back one day. You may have been bored at some point but you will still miss the feeling of Dota 2. It's like a Nutella, you can't get much out of it! Expand
  98. Nov 20, 2013
    Diretide given yay thx volvoDiretide given yay thx volvoDiretide given yay thx volvoDiretide given yay thx volvoDiretide given yay thx volvoDiretide given yay thx volvoDiretide given yay thx volvoDiretide given yay thx volvo
  99. Nov 19, 2013
    Great Game, has an E-Sport base can't give it anything but a 10.Also ALL THE DIRETIDE PLZ YAS MUCH SPACE diretide quas ecort all the things plz yas moar diretide and the crafting is amazing lolz peace out

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.