6.4

1. May 16, 2015
    most of the reviews on here are from like 2 years ago with complaints about diretide and how the community sucks and Gabe is a money whore and how there is no support. THIS IS UNTRUE this game is a solid 9/10 and i keep coming back to it and i have over 1100 hours on this game to prove a point that there is so much replayability, there are infinite amount of combinations of heroes andmost of the reviews on here are from like 2 years ago with complaints about diretide and how the community sucks and Gabe is a money whore and how there is no support. THIS IS UNTRUE this game is a solid 9/10 and i keep coming back to it and i have over 1100 hours on this game to prove a point that there is so much replayability, there are infinite amount of combinations of heroes and whether they lane or jungle etc. do invest some time in this game as you will find this to be very rewarding Expand
  2. May 8, 2015
    Ignore the reviews that say there are no bugs/patches and the ones saying there is a ton of advertising. The game is constantly bug fixed - and when I say that I have to point out, I have encountered maybe 2 bugs in over 700 hours of play. Now, some people are complaining about no new heroes? I think they forgot that this is the game all the other ones COPIED its heroes from. The onlyIgnore the reviews that say there are no bugs/patches and the ones saying there is a ton of advertising. The game is constantly bug fixed - and when I say that I have to point out, I have encountered maybe 2 bugs in over 700 hours of play. Now, some people are complaining about no new heroes? I think they forgot that this is the game all the other ones COPIED its heroes from. The only reason you "think" the other games are updating themselves is because you didn't play dota to begin with. This being said, dota 2 lets you use every hero in the game without paying, so that also nullifies the money hungry argument as every other game makes you purchase any new hero, and that hero is overpowered for about a month, so isn't that pay to win whereas dota's system is absolute fairness? The only thing you can purchase in the game is cosmetics, Whereas in LoL you can buy runes and different abilities to supplement the characters you also had to pay for. Dota 2 offers everything you could want, a bug free game that is completely free to play and you can be as competitive as you want, you can play as much as you want, you can try any hero you want. Without paying a dime. And you'll have a good time as long as you are actually trying to enjoy and get to know the game and everyone that plays it will encourage you to do so. The bad reviews on this site come from people who are bad at games in general or from diehard LoL fans that can't stand that their game is a shadow of the original and now an even uglier shadow in the face of the new Dota. Expand
  3. May 6, 2015
    Esse jogo é fantástico demais! Tenho mais de 4.000 horas de jogo e nunca me canso, cada partida é única. O melhor MOBA de todos. LOL, Smite, Hon e HotS são todos imitações baratas. Se você é um jogador como eu que aprecia a originalidade de cada proposta, então esse jogo será maravilhoso! É o mais original que existe! Os outros Mobas são apenas vapores que logo se tornarão invisíveis seEsse jogo é fantástico demais! Tenho mais de 4.000 horas de jogo e nunca me canso, cada partida é única. O melhor MOBA de todos. LOL, Smite, Hon e HotS são todos imitações baratas. Se você é um jogador como eu que aprecia a originalidade de cada proposta, então esse jogo será maravilhoso! É o mais original que existe! Os outros Mobas são apenas vapores que logo se tornarão invisíveis se comparado com esse jogo aqui: Dota 2. Expand
  4. May 5, 2015
    There isn't much to say about Dota 2. Just that how fun and awesome it is, the game has a big learning curve but it feels like an accomplishment when you simply learn the basics. It's a very strategic and tactical game and is so much better to play with friends. The community that plays this game is pure dog-sh*t but if your better than them you don't have much to worry about. I veryThere isn't much to say about Dota 2. Just that how fun and awesome it is, the game has a big learning curve but it feels like an accomplishment when you simply learn the basics. It's a very strategic and tactical game and is so much better to play with friends. The community that plays this game is pure dog-sh*t but if your better than them you don't have much to worry about. I very much enjoy playing dota, but it isn't anyone's cup of tea. Expand
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    e-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too so why should you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. You may love it or hatee-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too so why should you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. You may love it or hate it. You either put in hard work, get better, have fun and love the game or fail, flame, lose and hate the game forever. Very similar to Sports isn't it? Expand
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    A game hard to master but with an amazing sense of reward! Cyka Blyat and privet rule EU servers which is always fun! A game that contributes into a roller-coast and funky but worthy dementia. Welcome into the rabbit hole, we can only hope you can't get out anymore!
  7. Apr 3, 2015
    Beginners are screwed at first, but eventually they will discover a new, extremely satisfying level of gameplay. Dota 2 is an amazing game because of its strategic depth, constantly varying games, and established highly competitive scene. This game generates challenges both for the casual and the more serious player.
  8. Mar 17, 2015
    As gamers on any platform begin to evolve, gaming becomes more than just a leisure activity, and as streaming of player versus player experiences starts to popularize, I find it is very easy to review Defense of the Ancients 2. DOTA 2 is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) that heavily and competitively focuses on the player versus player (PvP) aspects of gaming. As the PC gameAs gamers on any platform begin to evolve, gaming becomes more than just a leisure activity, and as streaming of player versus player experiences starts to popularize, I find it is very easy to review Defense of the Ancients 2. DOTA 2 is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) that heavily and competitively focuses on the player versus player (PvP) aspects of gaming. As the PC game develops with its impressive accumulation of unique players every month and its paucity of cons, DOTA 2 achieves the, “Best Free Online Game” award from me. I continue to invest many hours into the game for more than just one reason, merely ranging from the price to its in-depth lore, gameplay, and intense community.
    First thing is first, DOTA 2 is a free downloadable game you can obtain from Steam, an internet-based digital distribution, digital rights management (DRM), multiplayer, and social networking platform developed by Valve Corporation. Everyone enjoys free things, but what greatly separates this game from different and popular games is the necessity of a computer (desktop or laptop) rather than a console like a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One. Gaming on computers and laptops is out faming the consoles simply because computers and laptops offer a much more spread out genre of video games. The only upside, in my opinion, of a console over a computer are the graphics and how cheap it is to obtain such graphics, but as beautiful and real as graphics seem on console games, DOTA 2 manages to create some vigorous and vibrant edges and textures. Instances of these tactile textures, cuts, shadowing, and rendering are the heroes or characters and the environment. The trees, rivers and even floors are covered in variances of colors shapes and sizes. Since the map of the MOBA consists of two insanely distinct sides, it is not hard to visualize the crazy and imaginative graphics on either sides of the map. So because the graphics are optical and make it easy to differentiate allies, enemies, and the actions of each means that the game is easy to play. That does not mean the game itself is easy.
    Not only are the graphics outstanding for this free PC game, but its gameplay is very smooth if you have a computer that can run it. The motions on the screen are compared by no other MOBA out there in addition to its skill level. Although its gameplay is easy going and greatly enjoyable by anyone, one has to master the ways of the game. The skill level required to play such a MOBA is extremely difficult to learn right away. Hours must be strictly put into DOTA 2 in order to familiarize and become comfortable with the intricate mechanics. Learning Defense of the Ancients 2 back to front will be a challenge but with commitment, rewards along the DOTA 2 path will be provided. Winning a game will become much more satisfying and random drops of player customization will pop out of nowhere. The only thing to deal with after that is the community.
    Any online multiplayer hosts a community in which they all vary from each other. DOTA 2’s community is a bumpy road to travel across with its intense and competitive gamers to the ignorant fools that mess up the gaming experience for everyone. Competitive players are those who do not like to joke around as they take the game very serious. DOTA 2 to a competitive player is like the law to a police officer. It is also like cancer when a competitive player meets up an ignorant child that destroys the gameplay for everyone else, but more importantly to the serious player. It is very intriguing but difficult to cross over that swaying bridge of trolls (gamers that intentionally negate the gaming experience for others) and the competitiveness of the rest of DOTA 2, but the game becomes much more enjoyable. Similar outcomes to mastering the game are achieved when getting over that bridge. This certain game also includes a neat little lore behind all the characters that may take one’s mind of the skill requirement or the annoyance the community brings for just enough time to get back into mindless gaming.
    It is a clear-cut to me that the writers of DOTA 2’s lore have really put some thought into its characters. Where one hero like Omniknight may support and help others, another may slice through his or her enemy with ease and without remorse like Phantom Assassin. Some characters revolve opportunistic kills that travel across the map without fault like Nature’s Prophet and others are stationary and defensive that wait for a miscalculation in opposing steps like Techies. There is one specific hero that seems quite nice and generous but is really the mastermind behind why a whole war between The Radiant and The Dire broke out. The Radiant are normal and loving human beings and animals that fight against hellish monsters and beasts known as The Dire. The objective of every game is to destroy the opposing team’s ancient.
    I have spent over 1500 hours on this game and to a committed player, DOTA2 nears perfection.
  9. Feb 20, 2015
    This game is wonderful with so much depth that even after over 8 years of playing it I still have much to learn. But all of that depth and beauty is ruined by the horrible community. If you want to enjoy this game and have fun it's best to play with friends. Otherwise be ready for a lot of frustration if you play solo.
  10. Feb 16, 2015
    Started my first game, client recommended that I play some bot games to learn as I started out, I said "Awww, nah, I'll just jump into normal matchmaking". Immediately lost 10 games in a row, and was subject to an entire life's worth of abuse and reports for being a noob. 700 hours later I do not regret my decision.
    11/10, would get flamed again.
  11. Feb 13, 2015
    This is an exceptional game with cool heroes to play as. Dota 2 is the king of moba. Enjoy playing as a dragon or a ranger or a wizard or a bug dude or an elemental thingy or another wizard.
  12. Feb 12, 2015
    It's one of the best, I really love this game. I hope they will add more heroes and maps to the game. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently, and it's truly competitive games I've ever played.
  13. Feb 3, 2015
    Addictively fun clickfest mixed with crushing frustration. If there was a symbol to describe the feeling you get playing Dota 2, it would be the yin-yang. A balance of good and bad elements that create an epic game. It is hard to properly describe a game that has acended to this height of audacious creativity. One can only stand and stare in awe.
  14. Jan 26, 2015
    Great game, very hard for casuals to learn, even now, after beeing noobed down to 5% difficulty. Mixing verterans and newbies doesnt solve the eternal question "whose fault it is". Some cant read, some cant think, some dont give a **** So, thats your base of operations, your team. You *can* create your own team, unfortunately you have to evaluate your team members, whichs is still hardGreat game, very hard for casuals to learn, even now, after beeing noobed down to 5% difficulty. Mixing verterans and newbies doesnt solve the eternal question "whose fault it is". Some cant read, some cant think, some dont give a **** So, thats your base of operations, your team. You *can* create your own team, unfortunately you have to evaluate your team members, whichs is still hard and sometimes quite surpring as with any other normal D2 game. Playing with real life friends is your best option here, otherwise, you wont have fun at all. Alone 1/10 vs team of friends 10/10. Expand
  15. Jan 5, 2015
    BEST GAME IN STEAM,BEST GAME IN PC for you guys that hate this at least learn how to play i wonder why soo many peps hate this its free you dont need to use money/play 1 hour to unlock heroes,thank you gabe newell
  16. Dec 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 this game is just awesome, you can play it with your friends ,that I really enjoy this game,The game is wonderful when you get into a good game, with opponents and team mates equal of your skill. However, the game is a horrible experience Expand
  17. Dec 27, 2014
    Just play it. You will love it. But you'll need some friends, cause the community is generally terrible and full of angry dicks. Also its free. That's a **** value.
  18. Dec 25, 2014
    nice but it's all just about game, don't be serious. sometime you need to back in your life. game is game, your life must go on. chase what you want. But for overall. it's very nice game. i really enjoy play this game. Just try , and let your brain make a good way to be a winner.
  19. Dec 23, 2014
    fantasy game with e-sports games! its all made of the game, so...
    fantasy game with e-sports games! its all made of the game, so...
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this game, but both games are compleatly different. Its like comparing COD and Battlefield, they are so different that connot be compared. (no preference on either game, I think bot of them are good) Give this game a try, the learning curve is very steep but it is rewarding when you learn. I think this is the best gave valve has ever developed and has been the most played game on steam ever since the second year of beta development. Try it out, its free and badass!
  20. Dec 21, 2014
    Playing This game for a long time and it is still fun! Together with my friends we always have fun playing this game. The Game Improved great! Challenging other people's heroes,Teamwork is really needed and must be the first thing keep in mind,don't Be an **** 2 is great Moba game!
  21. Dec 20, 2014
    I'll start off with a 10/10 and work backwards to the score.
    Graphics: Pretty good for this type of game. I've played other MOBAS. Dota 2's graphics are the best out of the bunch. They have a relatively higher degree of fidelity than the others. +2 (Not pushing the limits) Score: +2
    I'll start off with a 10/10 and work backwards to the score.
    Community: The Community is intense. This results in a lot of negativity directed towards those who are learning the game, trying new things etc. You also get very positive interactions due to the intensity, but it’s hit or miss. You also get a fair number of people who troll a game. This is common amongst all online games, but, due to the competitive nature, it really stands out. This game seems to bring out the best and worst of people. It is arguable that this is part of the fun. Score-3

Mechanics/controls: The Game Mechanics are Simple and easy to grasp. Mouse driven, only a few hotkeys to use in order to perform the majority of tasks and the more detailed functions are easily identifiable, and customizable. Score: +2
    Complexity: Dota 2 is relatively complex compared to the other MOBAS. The trees are destructible so you can carve paths that do not normally exist, and create optimal angles for certain abilities, You can use them to escape to; the multitude of existing paths create varied and numerous ‘juking’ possibilities. You have to last hit and deny, Heroes also interact with the map in different ways, some gain vision, others have map-wide abilities etc. The degree of complexity is not for everyone. Other games cut back on complexity. It’s a play-style preference, but if you enjoy a high degree of competitiveness the complexity (you ease into it over time) is beneficial. Score +1
    Content: The best thing about Dota 2 is all content that affects gameplay is free to everyone, and stays free. All pay-content or grind content is cosmetic. Sound, effects, textures, graphical aspect etc. Other games have you pay for this or grind for hundreds of hours. The WHOLE game of Dota 2 is free from the start. This is a big benefit. If one player didn’t have access to some heroes then that would be a HUGE disadvantage. Score +2

Balance: The game is very balanced. The balancing has literally taken place since 2003 when it was a mod for Warcraft 3. Many minds have balanced this. Even still, changes are made, and the game continues to improve Score +0 (Games must be balanced only negative scores possible)

Valve: The parent company is a detractor in how they police the community. It assumes players are dumb and cannot police their own experience. The first time you have a muted player on your team, and you cannot properly interact with them, and lose the game you’ll understand why I bring this up as a negative. Just because other people said he’s a rude dude; doesn’t mean I would have, but I do not have the choice. I have to put up with the handicap on my team. Sure a person may just be a jerk; this should be up to me, not Valve. It is also difficult to get customer support for the game. The company is also slow to improve old hero models, and adding in missing heroes… I’m sure this is intentional to decrease their ongoing development costs. Score -3
    Player base: Hit or miss, the game has dedicated roles with the various heroes. When others ignore them you’ll likely lose the match. This can be one of the most frustrating aspects about the game. You just learn to live with it, and find another game. Score -3
    Heroes/items: MOBAS generally have heroes. In other games there isn’t much real difference between them. Sure they have some different abilities, but Dota 2 really differentiates these abilities, and has an added element of early/mid/late game heroes. If your team selection focuses on early play you have to do sufficient damage to the enemy early on before the other team can push into the later game where your selections are weaker. If you picked a lategame mix of heroes you have to delay the game to get to the stage of the game where your composition shines. You can also have a balanced team and that poses its own challenges. I played LOL and heroes generally scale much more consistently to the later stage of the game, where in Dota your selection plays a bigger role. Items are pretty much a universal aspect in MOBAS, and nothing any of them really stands out, so items don’t play into my score. +1
    Conclusion: This is a great game. It could be a 10/10 if Valve did a little less parenting of its players, and gave us more options to police our own experiences by ourselves. Communities will always be what they are. It’s too many variables to control, and valve has tried to do this and, in my opinion, failed. This game is a LOT of fun, has tremendous replay value, and is constantly being adjusted, updated, tweaked etc.

You will need patience to get past the initial harshness of the community, but when you do it’s worth it.
  22. Dec 7, 2014
    There are a lot of negative reviews for this game. Most of them are probably written by people who are angry because they just lost a string of games or got matched with bad team-mates. Don't be put off by them.

Let's make one thing clear; this game is hard. You will have to commit, and learn. When you start, you will feel completely confused and out of your depth, and you will have no idea what is going on. But you'll have some fun. By the time you get to your fourth try at a game, you're getting things together. Within a couple of weeks, you can see your progress. In 6 months, you might even be ok at the game. By a year later, you could even be good. This game takes a hell of a lot of time, because of its innate complexity and intricacy.

That's what makes this game arguably the best in its genre. Not only does it have a fantastic design team led by Icefrog, not only is it completely free (aside from purely cosmetic items), but it is fascinating, intricate, and often beautiful. It is a game that will challenge you, change you, and teach you a lot about persistence and patience, as well as the value of a positive attitude and team skills.

It does have its problems. The skill curve is intense, and sometimes it feels like you've hit a wall. The people who write such negative reviews are often those who have not pushed through their current wall and chose to give up, when all they had to do was choose to learn or not be bothered by bad players. Speaking of bad players...

The biggest problem is matchmaking. If you're in Europe, you will consistently be matched with Russians (since they are such a huge community) who often play on high ping and do not speak english; even when you get matched with good Russians, it is hard for them to have a significant impact due to the terrible connectivity and servers in Eastern Europe. If you're in the US, you'll have the same thing from Peru/South America and the Philippines. Be prepared for shouting teenagers, drunk/high players, people who troll, feed, afk, flame. At least one of these per game, but three or more if you're at the lowest skill levels (where you'll start off. Fun fun fun.) If you don't have a thick skin, this will get to you until you learn to have a thick skin or you leave the game. Often it's a good idea to take a break for a month or so and come back with a fresh attitude.

However, this is worth it for the huge strategic depth, variety and enjoyment the game can bring (in my view). I'm much more patient than I was, much calmer and slower to anger. If someone chucks an insult at me, it doesn't get to me, because it's nothing compared to feeding, screaming idiots (which actually gets funny after a short while thanks to helpless rage directed into a language they don't know by virtue of google translate. I've seen some hilariously convoluted insults).

This game is NOT for everyone, and is not for those easily angered/offended. If you are persistent and dedicated, the game will reward you for months or years with great, exciting games (yes, there are bad ones and you'll lose 50% of the time, but it's easy to forget the bad and remember the good). This is the best game I have ever played, and it has changed my view of things and my attitude for the better.

It's also free, so you may as well give it a go. If you choose to stick with it, who knows, I might meet you in matchmaking some day! Good luck, have fun.
  23. Dec 6, 2014
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014
  24. Nov 28, 2014
    This is by far the best video game i have ever played. It is fun, it is in depth, and it is competitive. There is endless amounts of innovation, and a constantly evolving meta game. Dota 2 is more than just a video game for me. I don't even play the game every day. Sometimes i go weeks without even getting on the game, but i am still connected to professional matches and am always "theoryThis is by far the best video game i have ever played. It is fun, it is in depth, and it is competitive. There is endless amounts of innovation, and a constantly evolving meta game. Dota 2 is more than just a video game for me. I don't even play the game every day. Sometimes i go weeks without even getting on the game, but i am still connected to professional matches and am always "theory crafting" because of the possibilities. This game has so many negative reviews its funny lol. Its a super competitive game no one wants to lose. It is frustrating for new players because no one is good enough to solely carry a game unless they get lucky, and when they don't get lucky instead of understanding why they are losing they look to blame others. It really isnt impossible to start playing the game, it just takes patience, and dedication. They are working on making better tutorials, its pretty funny actually. But if you want to get good you need to take self interest to get better, you cant just mindlessly play the game and magically end up an amazing player. Expand
  25. Nov 24, 2014
    I have played over 450 hours of this game and it never gets boring, its a great free to play game that the things you buy in game have no effect of how good you are at the game, by far, the best free to play game ever.
  26. Nov 23, 2014
    Good Game! Well Made! Have Fun! Good Luck!Good Game! Well Made! Have Fun! Good Luck! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Expand
  27. Nov 20, 2014
    Absolutely brilliant game that pioneered and defined the MOBA genre. Best of its kind and the most difficult too; new users may have trouble acclimating to the level of competitiveness.

But it's an absolutely excellent game. At least try it!
  28. Nov 19, 2014
    I keep coming back to this game no matter what other games come out. Basically once I'm done with any other game this is my default time sink. Sure people are annoying sometimes, but that's what the mute button is for... and I prefer using it to debating some teenager. Besides that game-play is satisfying and you get a rush when your team pulls of some nice combos.

If anything this

If anything this game is too addictive, but your experience will highly depend on the team you get. Thankfully, as of writing this review, Nov, 2014, the crowd has gotten a lot better than when I started playing this game a while back. Most people are normal, retards are far and few in between.
  29. Nov 19, 2014
    This game is for sure the most interesting and fun team game I've ever played. Leads compared to other MOBAs for graphics, balancing of the heroes and possibilities. Really hard to learn but still incredibly fun once learned. I'd say this game is more 9 than 10 just because there are some mechanics that need to be fixed or some heroes need to be rebalanced as in any MOBA game. No lagThis game is for sure the most interesting and fun team game I've ever played. Leads compared to other MOBAs for graphics, balancing of the heroes and possibilities. Really hard to learn but still incredibly fun once learned. I'd say this game is more 9 than 10 just because there are some mechanics that need to be fixed or some heroes need to be rebalanced as in any MOBA game. No lag problems if playing on servers like EU or Russia even with an avarage internet connection. Probably the thing that makes me say this game is not perfect is the community, often filled up with flamers... Expand
  30. Nov 18, 2014
    omg dota is so goods it is basically my life once i started playin i cant stop i am only writing this now because im in a lobby waiting for a match and i thought it was a good idea to get more people playing.Now first of all the graphics are AMAZING. they make the female characters look so hot i dont even need to watch porn anymore and have learnt to play with one hand you get what imomg dota is so goods it is basically my life once i started playin i cant stop i am only writing this now because im in a lobby waiting for a match and i thought it was a good idea to get more people playing.Now first of all the graphics are AMAZING. they make the female characters look so hot i dont even need to watch porn anymore and have learnt to play with one hand you get what im sayin ;))) dota i sbasically life i dont need anythin else other than food of course but my grandma brings me so many snacks which is great. since i dropped out of school i have been able to focus more time on dota cos i dont have any dumb homework to do anymore so i can literally get 14 hours a day in (i would play more but grandma says i need some sleep). on the downside my skin has got much worse and i have this green spot on my man parts, does anyone know what this is? it hurts when ive been playing for like 10 hours which is very annoying cus i need to play more. my grandma says im addicted i say stfu grandma, play some dota, drink some pepsi max - life sorted.
    peace
    add me on steam ~ Demented ~ i am fun and need more players for my teaam which is called Ankor, my team are all skrubs and i need better support
  31. Nov 13, 2014
    Within a year, I could speak fluent peruvian and russian.

In all seriousness, Dota 2 is a highly addictive real time strategy game. It looks beautiful and is very rewarding. Hard to learn, hard to master. I definitely recommend it to anyone.

32. Nov 11, 2014
    - Hard as hell, require skill and brain .... check
    - "Good" matchmaking system ... check
    - Servers full of !@#$%^& noob / re!@#$ (sorry if this is offensive) russians, pinoys and peruvians ... check
    - Nice cosmetic system ... check
    - And last one: "Fun? You must be new"
    10/10 would play again
  33. Nov 8, 2014
    This is a game that I thoroughly enjoy playing. It uses RTS (Real Time Strategy) in a fun, exciting and very challenging way. The only real problem is the largely volatile community, but that is found in all games of this kind (LoL, for example). Overall: a very well-developed, well-polished game that fully deserves 10/10.
  34. Nov 5, 2014
    A really great online battle game, loads of depth, lots of heroes and lots of replay-ability. Very nice business model in that you only really pay for vanity gear, just wish they updated the game a bit more regularly. Still a 10 from me due to the sheer value for money and quality of the product.
  35. Oct 25, 2014
    I personally think this game has a bit of a learning curve, but: when you know how to play it can make time pass by and you just want to play another game after you won one, you can make friends from Dota 2 and in some situations it can give you a thrill. I would have rated this game higher if they had an option to vs people at your own level. 9/10
  36. Oct 21, 2014
    I used to play League of Legends. God damn that game was complicated, Dota 2 is another level on top of that though, its _insanely_ complex. The complexity and freedom that the game provides over its clones just demonstrates that any form of simplification of the form just doesn't do it justice. This is the Mona Lisa to their pop art posters.
    On top of that Valve have done a fantastic job
    On top of that Valve have done a fantastic job bringing the old game to the new. Ported it bug for bug, made everything as close to the original as it possibly could, now looking forward it can start to change to do things the old WC3 engine couldn't manage.
    If you haven't tried this game out I recommend it with all the will in my body. It's crazy, it's very deep and even once you've played it for literally thousands of hours you'll still be some way off mastery.
    Definitely the best action (clicky, clicky) game I've ever played where a combination of both deep game knowledge, mechanics and social strength is rewarded.
  37. Oct 21, 2014
    Its a MOBA, the father os MOBAs; a nice one. The game its hard as hell, and require friends to play. One of the excellent thing, its free; real free. You download the game, and play it. Its not for everyone.
  38. Sep 24, 2014
    I am use to playing FPS games COD, Battlefield,Soldierfront and all my mates told me to give this game ago and i watched a few videos on it and thought it was rubbish but one day i downloaded it as my mates were very pertistent and let me tell you its one of the best games ive played by far! i have racked up 1220 hours on this game already in about 7 months and play it everyday just aboutI am use to playing FPS games COD, Battlefield,Soldierfront and all my mates told me to give this game ago and i watched a few videos on it and thought it was rubbish but one day i downloaded it as my mates were very pertistent and let me tell you its one of the best games ive played by far! i have racked up 1220 hours on this game already in about 7 months and play it everyday just about with my mates. so much strategy involved and alot of fun once you get past the first few bad games you have. trust me give this game a go you wont play anything else i promise. add me on steam and i can give anyone a hand if they want :Dord. good luck and have fun playing see you in there! Expand
  39. Sep 21, 2014
    Dota 2 it's one of the most complete, difficult, competitive and addictive games out there. The gameplay it's brilliant allowing infinite amount of strategies, all the heroes are mostly balanced with only a few heroes that are really superior to the rest when used right, also it's one of the few real F2P games out there, you only have to pay for cosmetics that doesn't give you anyDota 2 it's one of the most complete, difficult, competitive and addictive games out there. The gameplay it's brilliant allowing infinite amount of strategies, all the heroes are mostly balanced with only a few heroes that are really superior to the rest when used right, also it's one of the few real F2P games out there, you only have to pay for cosmetics that doesn't give you any advantages on the match.
    While Dota 2 community(one of the worse) and the game's steep learning curve can make enjoying the game difficult at the beginning; the game it's really great and it's full of good people that will try to help you get better, you just have to keep playing and try to get better.
  40. Sep 18, 2014
    Seriously awesome game, even though it's a bit addictive, so watch out for that.
    - Not ONE gameplay aspect requires payment.
    On a sidenote though, this game is more about competition than it is about "fun", and while playing it you may find yourself on a toxic environment, this being especially true for new players.
  41. Sep 13, 2014
    I have often normally had the "high five" with Sweetie Pearl J. Padilla and Maegan Ysabelle M. Belardo from Academy of Jesus by playing favorites with heroes with Naga Siren (Slithice), Moon Rider (Luna), and Skywrath Mage (Dragonus).
  42. Sep 11, 2014
    Let me be clear and say that this game is absolutely not for everyone. If you shy away from pvp, if you do not like communicating and working with other people you have never met before then you will likely not enjoy your experience with Dota 2 or any game within the larger MOBA genre. However, if you enjoy a game that provides actual challenges, does not grow stale, and that hasLet me be clear and say that this game is absolutely not for everyone. If you shy away from pvp, if you do not like communicating and working with other people you have never met before then you will likely not enjoy your experience with Dota 2 or any game within the larger MOBA genre. However, if you enjoy a game that provides actual challenges, does not grow stale, and that has absolutely no beginning and no end you may just enjoy this.

The learning curve for new players is extremely steep. You are dropped into a completely alien system of last hitting, denying, warding, ganking, feeding, and many other words you will eventually learn how to use properly. It is perhaps the most situational game ever as there is never just one proper way to do things and frequently many wrong ways. Things that you believe should work will not and things that seem absolutely crazy and wrong will yield incredibly favorable results and eventually you will learn why. The addition of a tutorial allows completely new players to ease themselves in a bit before jumping into a game with 9 other strangers yelling at them about how badly they suck.

And now to the good part, I love this game. It has provided me with hundreds of hours of pain and pleasure. There are times where you will want to quit and times you believe you never will. The word balance seems like a distant dream in a game with over 100 heroes but Valve does a very good job of keeping the game balanced at the highest level of competitive play. The in game client allows you to watch professional tournaments as they are happening along with the commentary provided by the various casters. The game is always providing new experiences, especially after each major patch when Valve completely changes how the most favored heroes work by sometimes not touching them at all.

Gameplay and Mechanics are different than any other genre with the exception of the close cousin RTS games as MOBAs originated from the original Starcraft and Warcraft 3. Getting a handle on all necessary tasks for any given role (Carry, Support, etc) in a given situation takes time. You will not master the game in 5 games played and start wrecking everyone. You will always have something new to learn, that is just the nature of this sort of game. Once you learn where you are supposed to be and why you are supposed to be there your life will get much easier and your grasp of the controls will follow.

Story doesn't really exist. There are short backgrounds for the heroes and some of them even feature other heroes but there isn't a reason you should want to kill the enemy's giant tree other than competition. And in a game like this that is a good thing, rather than worry about ruining the lore of the game by making some change that will get them in trouble with the community Valve just has to worry about how to balance things with each patch as well as what new features will be beneficial.

Music is actually very well done, when the music picks up you will find yourself feeling like you are fighting in an epic battle for the virtual world. Occasionally the sounds or announcer will drown out parts of the music or vice versa but overall it is a very positive experience. They actually just released a new music pack for those who contributed to the prize pool for TI4.

Announcers are something that need mentioning. As each match begins, there is an announcer telling the player various things. Many of these things are inconsequential at the beginning of the match. But as the players take their positions and the action begins the announcer keeps you updated on important events taking place on the map including but not limited to who is dying and what towers are under attack, etc. There are many different announcer packs available and some of them are absolutely hilarious (Glados for example). Is your team losing handily to a team that you should absolutely not? That's okay, let Glados tell you how badly you are doing. Fan of the game Bastion? There is an announcer for you then.

The Steam Workshop is directly integrated with Dota 2 and users have access to the Source engine as well so user created content comes in by the truckload. There are many incredibly good looking "hats" for the various heroes that have been created by members of the community and those members actually get paid for the sales of the items, it is not just a cash grab for Valve. Currently there are even custom game modes being created to allow any number of possibilities.

As I began this post I will end it, this game is not for everyone but if it does happen to strike a chord with you then you are quite likely to love it.
  43. Sep 8, 2014
    Very good game especially with friends. Being one of over 100 heroes is an awesome feeling and it's awesome to play. The only bad think is learning the game, tutorials are good, but you have to figure out some things by yourself.
  44. Sep 7, 2014
    Best game so far. A real time strategy packed with action ... it's ARTS ! The game have many strategies and combo you can do with heroes. The game is not a pay to win game, so you will only find cosmetics to buy or anythings related to this.
  45. Sep 4, 2014
    Please do not listen to the bad reviews these are from people who have ether been put off by the extreme learning curve or are fanboys of other MOBA's this (in my opinion) is the best game ever made not only is it an amazing game to play but it is very good to watch this is proved with the internationals.

You will have to play this game for a long time before you will like it but it is worth the time you put into it.
  46. Aug 30, 2014
    The best MOBA game!! Awesome graphics and animations!!! Also very helpfull with the new players!! You can win with your skills and not with your money!!!
  47. Aug 29, 2014
    Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It'sThank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Expand
  48. Aug 29, 2014
    Great game, free to play, free updates, hell even the cosmetics you pay for you can get for free, well not realistically, but you get the point. Fiddling with the custom map maker, also free, having fun with that. Wish more people played least played mode, I feel that's the best environment to learn heroes.
  49. Aug 28, 2014
    Since the game started as a patch on WC3 TFT, the game kept evolving. But when it was released as Dota 2, the game mechanics, heroes and features are not getting better in means that dont make profit. But it is the best MOBA out there.
  50. Aug 26, 2014
    best best best game ever in the world no games can say anymore front thisbest best best game ever in the world no games can say anymore front this game.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Expand
  51. Aug 17, 2014
    Awesome. Game Nice graphics.Just Server issues which really suck as they Give Low priority. Otherwise its good game.Its best game in Free to play category.
  52. Aug 16, 2014
    The game has come a long way since 2013, the only problem I could really find was the few miss behaved people who float around in the community. They should really try to respect the people trying to have some fun.

Don't misunderstand, I've spent around 800 hours of my life playing Dota 2, and there's not always insolent and jerks to play with, I've met really nice people whom I've the luck to play with.
  53. Aug 13, 2014
    I've played this game for 273 hours and I think this game is great with good replay value but its gets competitive quick + it becomes a race for the toxic heroes or for there counters but its worth playing if you like mobas
  54. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game needs time to learn but at all its just god damn awesome, i would everybody recommend to play it if u like MOBAS/ARTS i go about 3k hours now and i will play way more :) awesome!. Btw the company is talented not like riot haha, i mean the content patches are AWESOME and big
  55. Aug 11, 2014
    Certainly the most addictive game I played. I love the minimalist core concept combined with an almost unlimited depth. If you play it (semi-)regularly with a team consisting of friends it's at its best. A competitive game avec brio!
  56. Aug 8, 2014
    This is totally my favorite game of my favorite genre. Lots of characters, lots of items, lots of strategies and, of course, lots of fun! Graphics were improved since Warcraft Dota, too.
  57. Aug 3, 2014
    Playing this over 10 god damn years. Still not done yet - game to freakin deep - the neverstopping process of learning new, analysing data, mastering all the little aspects will literally drive you nuts if you brain loves to keep working. But nobody forces you to - you can just have fun like most of the players do.
  58. yt9
    Jul 27, 2014
    Fantastic game. The graphics and cg are amazing. Though the tutorials might be a bit confusing for people who have never played dota1 or similar games.
  59. Jul 26, 2014
    The king of the MOBA genre.

I have logged 2.500 LoL games before swapping to DOTA and recently hit 1.000 games here. I can say that I rarely if ever regret the change. The game play is engaging and the heroes are actually different compared to LoL where your hero choice seems less important. My main beef with the game is how hard it is to get into. The game is one unforgiving
    The king of the MOBA genre.

My main beef with the game is how hard it is to get into. The game is one unforgiving motherf****r and you got few tools to help you except play play and play. Learning LoL was a lot easier and I think both games can learn from each other.
  60. Jul 26, 2014
    dota 2 will and will always be the best game it wrecks wannabe games like lol and hon because lol has terrible everything and hon is ok but dota 2 beats it in alot of aspects. For example LOL is a pay to win game with like 1000 heros every week my friend spent 100$ on it and was in a bad mood because the next day they released a better hero then another and another. not only that but ifdota 2 will and will always be the best game it wrecks wannabe games like lol and hon because lol has terrible everything and hon is ok but dota 2 beats it in alot of aspects. For example LOL is a pay to win game with like 1000 heros every week my friend spent 100$ on it and was in a bad mood because the next day they released a better hero then another and another. not only that but if you mess up one thing in lol nothing bad happens you mess up one time in Dota 2 you lose the game. Also the fact that all of dota 2 characters are FREE thats right FREE you dont have to play 10 games to play one hero like in lol AND you DONT have to pay 30 bucks for a hero either. the only thing you can pay for is to get hero sets and additional badass gear and hon is also a wannabe that is WAY better then bad LoL Expand
  61. Jul 12, 2014
    Best free to play game in a true sense. There's no need to buy new heroes, no Pay-to-win issue at all. The game is absolutely fantastic especially after Valve has been putting focus on server stability, balance and the most importantly, community. It's amazing how the game has been improved since its first Beta launch back in 2011.
  62. Jul 8, 2014
    MOBA is a terrible genre name, but that being said, this is easily the best of the genre. The most balanced by far with the highest skill ceiling.

Aside from the gameplay, Valve does a great job keeping it updated and working, it has one of the best clients i've seen in a multiplayer video game in a while
  63. Jul 6, 2014
    10/10 Best language learning tool EVER. Makes Rosetta Stone look like a JOKE. Available in Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and every language in the European Union.
  64. Jul 2, 2014
    Best MOBA there is. Graphics are much better than it's competitors (LoL), it's not full of 9 year olds (LoL), it's not pay to win (LoL), and it doesnt take 3 3rd party DRMs to play (LoL). It may be hard at first, but it gets easier.

Also $10,000,000 international prizepool.
  65. Jul 2, 2014
    the best game in the world... "One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay." nuff said
  66. Jul 1, 2014
    The MOBA that every gamer should try for at least a few hours. DoTA is nearly ten years old and is the wisest of all the MOBAs. Each hero is playable and competitive and patches are carefully balanced on buffs and nerfs. Heroes aren't nerfed for being the flavor of the month and are still competitive after getting nerfed a wee bit.
  67. Jun 25, 2014
    Easily the best MOBA on the market. Takes the most skill and patience to excel in the game beyond an amateur level. The people who speak against this game for the most part have not taken the lengthy time it takes to actually enjoy it. This is not by no means for a casual gamer. The gaming graphics are far superior to LOL, HON and Dawngate. I'm not downplaying those other game, but this isEasily the best MOBA on the market. Takes the most skill and patience to excel in the game beyond an amateur level. The people who speak against this game for the most part have not taken the lengthy time it takes to actually enjoy it. This is not by no means for a casual gamer. The gaming graphics are far superior to LOL, HON and Dawngate. I'm not downplaying those other game, but this is my opinion. The reason I like this game more than the other MOBA's is because of the difficulty. Expand
  68. Jun 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 é simplesmente o melhor jogo em estilo MOBA. Interface gráfica muito bem desenvolvida, jogabilidade excelente e boa conexão com a comunidade. E com o sistema anti-trapaça da VAC. Expand
  69. Jun 7, 2014
    OK, I have never written a review on here before but couldn't let this incredible game get such bad reviews! No it does not take 15 Million hours to be able to play, watch a few tips videos and have a go! I have played 20 games, won 9 lost 11 so pretty much down the middle. It is the most enthralling game I have ever played so, the map never changes, it doesn't in chess, It's a strategyOK, I have never written a review on here before but couldn't let this incredible game get such bad reviews! No it does not take 15 Million hours to be able to play, watch a few tips videos and have a go! I have played 20 games, won 9 lost 11 so pretty much down the middle. It is the most enthralling game I have ever played so, the map never changes, it doesn't in chess, It's a strategy game, enjoy it for what it is and if you haven't already, you really should give it a go! Expand
  70. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is for old DOTA players, not friendly at all to newbie. But it's a lot of fun. The game improved a lot fo stuff from the original DOTA, and making the game play super fluent. Skills and experience are important. Players can enjoy the games for a very long time, and never get the feeling of repetition.
  71. Jun 5, 2014
    I may not the the biggest fan of this game. But sorry for saying, the idiots who spammed with 0s and "diretide" really pity me. I want to give at least this 10 of mine to fix the curve maybe a tiny bit...
  72. Jun 5, 2014
    Best game i've ever played!!
    And it's also addictive as hell, I've played it for more than 1600 hours and I still have many things to learn and increase, love this game!!
  73. Jun 1, 2014
    Yes this game is hard to learn. yes people can be rather aggressive. yes it is possibly the best multiplayer experience I've ever had and yes once you play at least 10 games you'll be hooked. I try to play at least one game a day and have been doing so for months and don't plan on stopping. Give the game a chance (more like 5) and I guarantee that you'll see why its the most played game onYes this game is hard to learn. yes people can be rather aggressive. yes it is possibly the best multiplayer experience I've ever had and yes once you play at least 10 games you'll be hooked. I try to play at least one game a day and have been doing so for months and don't plan on stopping. Give the game a chance (more like 5) and I guarantee that you'll see why its the most played game on steam. be prepared to be dumbfounded as to why you were playing anything else.

also a side note: the games free. steam is free. the only thing u have to lose from giving it a try is alil self respect in the beginning. but don't worry after one game where u actually do really good you'll feel like a million bucks.
  74. May 31, 2014
    At first I sucked and then I sucked some more but game by game I slowly got a hold of how to play. From frustrating to thoroughly enjoyable in about 3 and a half matches. Completely free to play, there is a cash shop but it seems to me it's only for skins and costumes.

If you are on the fence as I was just get the game it's free and play through four matches after that you will start getting some kills and each hero is an entirely new game.
  75. May 29, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played. These is so much depth to the gameplay that comes into play each game- positioning, item choice, farming, team composition, etc.
    Not an easy game to get into and far from simple to master, but very satisfying. 10/10 been playing for a year and will likely continue to play for a long time.
  76. May 28, 2014
    This is the OG of Moba's. The depth of this game puts it on a level far about the Moba's that have come after it. If you want true Moba immersion Dota 2 is the game you want.
  77. May 28, 2014
    Hey, you, yeah you! The completely innocent and kind person looking at this review!
    How would you like to turn into a raging, heroin-addicted, poor excuse for a human?!
    I think I know the answer! Of course you do! This is the game for you! Dota 2 comes with more than just a game! You get a free set of disgusting human morals and disrespect for anything that moves unless it's a cute
    I think I know the answer! Of course you do!
    This is the game for you!
    Dota 2 comes with more than just a game! You get a free set of disgusting human morals and disrespect for anything that moves unless it's a cute little donkey delivering a bottle. You know what to do then, that enemy Templar Assassin looks thirsty, it's only fair to share your donkey and Shadow Fiends bottle with her!
    Download Dota 2 now!
    *I, All Luck No Skill or Valve corporation is not responsible for any cases of suicide, murder, mental health issues, racist comments, genocide of the Russians or feeding Pudges*
    Russian translator not provided. 10/10
  78. May 25, 2014
    I started playing the original DotA mod on Warcraft 3 around 2006 and that quickly became my most-played game. And, ever since Dota 2 came out in Beta, I've grown even more attached. I love everything about this game. I'm very competitive in nature, and the level of complexity continually leaves me a ton of things to improve on. I know that the steepness of the learning curve can be aI started playing the original DotA mod on Warcraft 3 around 2006 and that quickly became my most-played game. And, ever since Dota 2 came out in Beta, I've grown even more attached. I love everything about this game. I'm very competitive in nature, and the level of complexity continually leaves me a ton of things to improve on. I know that the steepness of the learning curve can be a turn-off for a lot of people, but it's well worth it, in my opinion. It gives a sense of accomplishment, and there are a lot of resources out there for new players to take advantage of. Furthermore, I think the game has a great pace to it. There is never a dull moment, but, at the same time, it's not physically overwhelming (once you know what other heroes do... to me that's the biggest hurdle. Things seem to fall into place after you've learned that much). Also, the community is actually pretty solid in my opinion. I do think that the massive outpouring of negative reviews on this site is a blemish on the community, but outside of that, I think relative to any other gaming community, Dota's is actually pretty decent, especially at higher MMRs. In addition, for anyone who likes getting items/cosmetics, Dota has an insane amount. I never really cared about anything like that in the past, yet somehow I still find myself buying compendiums and getting excited when I get an items drop. Lastly, the game is pretty well-balanced. To me, that might be the biggest positive. Yes, there are strong heroes, but every single one of them has a counter. There are some that don't always fit the meta, but they all have something unique to offer. I've never in my life experienced that level of depth and balance in any game whatsoever, and I think that makes the replay value infinite. I don't think there is any other game out there that has this level of competition AND depth. Sure there are deep RPGs, for example. And, there are competitive FPSs. But, nothing has the combination quite like Dota. There are other games in the genre that may come close, but even they don't have the same complexity.

In sum, Dota has something for everyone: fun cosmetics, deep gameplay, a good pace, a high degree of competition, and tools to learn the game. 10/10 no doubt. I'm the type of guy who likes to spread my enjoyment among many activities (sports, board games, video games, any random fun stuff) and yet Dota after many years still seems to sit right near the top of things I like to do (and the amount of time I've spent playing it proves it).
  79. May 21, 2014
    Who is to say that this game is not great? I would say that if you enjoy planning out attacks and that you are a cunning strategist, then this game is right for you. The strategy behind this game is what makes this game great, I don't know why so many people dislike this game. I think it is because it is not your typical Call of Duty that does nothing but make you angry, where this gameWho is to say that this game is not great? I would say that if you enjoy planning out attacks and that you are a cunning strategist, then this game is right for you. The strategy behind this game is what makes this game great, I don't know why so many people dislike this game. I think it is because it is not your typical Call of Duty that does nothing but make you angry, where this game actually expands your thought-processing and helps you become a better strategist. I highly recommend playing this great strategy game. Expand
  80. May 17, 2014
    After you get past the learning curve, this game will give you the best PvP adrenaline rush you could possibly want. Great to play with friends and even on your own.
  81. May 17, 2014
    This game is the best MOBA ever. Some peoples says "League Of Legend is better than Dota", but League Of Legend is a copy of Dota (it's my opinion). But we are don't here to discuss about the Dota/League Of Legend fight. I want to say my opinion about Dota 2, and my opinion is very positive ! This game has no limit, you never get bored ! This is so fabulous ! I think Dota has a greatThis game is the best MOBA ever. Some peoples says "League Of Legend is better than Dota", but League Of Legend is a copy of Dota (it's my opinion). But we are don't here to discuss about the Dota/League Of Legend fight. I want to say my opinion about Dota 2, and my opinion is very positive ! This game has no limit, you never get bored ! This is so fabulous ! I think Dota has a great future, and will remain for some years a very popular and great game ! Expand
  82. May 14, 2014
    Great game. Discount the negative reviews. All of them were made by idiots. This game has improved a lot in the 3 years its been available to the public. Amazing voice acting. Amazing visual effects.
  83. May 11, 2014
    This game is so addictive. There are over 50 heroes that you can choose. this game requires skill and good technique to play it. I recommend this game also for new comers. Give this game a try and don't hesitate while playing it and you for sure will love it.
  84. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. DotA 2 is not a game for a newborn toddler.
    It's a team work.
    It's a passion.
    If you sucks first, lots of my friends did it in 2004 (while in dota1).

There are live (2min delayed) games to watch. Watch pro player do they job. Learn.
    Look dota profile of some best international players, download their game replay. Learn from them and from their mistake.

Some hero best against others and worse against another. That where came plenty of items to choose and skills to build. There are no exact guide line or tutorial to play Dota 2 but this one: destroy enemy ancient.

Some heroes are nuke, high damage but effective on single low hp enemy.
    Some heroes are pusher, easily push creeps to destroy enemy creeps, towers, structures.
    Some heroes are tanker, hardly to kill, protect they team mate doing their nasty jobs to win the game.
    Some heroes are carry, they choose what enemy heroes to kill first.
    Some heroes are disabler, silence or stun some or one enemy hero.
    Some heroes are initiator, initiate war.
    Some heroes are jungler, stay out of enemy sight
    Some heroes are weak on war, but good on one-on-one.
    Some heroes are strong against more enemy heroes.

Plenty of items to choose to exploit your jobs assigned in your team.
    If you are killer, do kill, kill, and keep killing to stop enemy heroes push forward your ancient.
    If you are pusher, do push, destroy enemy structures (tower, barrack), and it's okay if you get killed, and killed, and killed again as long as your team win the game.
    If you are tanker, make sure you are the one being attacked, not your nuke or pusher, since they are usually weak on war, but make sure you don't die easily. If you killed, make sure your team' killers kill more and win the war.

If enemy good in war, mass stunner, mass disabler, area effect, DONT GO WAR, stay alive, wait, do patiently, and kill
  85. May 2, 2014
    No doubt DOTA is actually one of the best games on his genre. When Valve decided to work on this game, I thought it would be like the others games that ended up not being that good (HoN, LoL, etc), at least for me these games were not even close to the most basics of DOTA. Is true LoL is a very popular and attractive game, and actually is easiest to begin play this game than dota, but ImNo doubt DOTA is actually one of the best games on his genre. When Valve decided to work on this game, I thought it would be like the others games that ended up not being that good (HoN, LoL, etc), at least for me these games were not even close to the most basics of DOTA. Is true LoL is a very popular and attractive game, and actually is easiest to begin play this game than dota, but Im sure if you learn to play dota, you would probably dislike LoL a lot, and its because LoL is simpler than DOTA... you really need more skills and more micro. And one of the best things (also, a bad thing for so many) is even if you have the highest skill of the two teams, the highest micro, the highest experiencie, you would probably lose 50 percent of the times. And thats because the game is balanced, is a game of TEAMWORK, if you forget this, you will end thinking in things like "I lost cause my team was bad", "I can't play this game if Volvo keep trolling me with the team", so if you team is "bad" you have to remember that you are playing with them, so your skills levels are actually the same. If you want to win more you need to keep improving your TEAMWORK skills and your Personal skills. Thats the key. Expand
  86. May 2, 2014
    Não tem como eu falar que esse jogo é ruim, foi só o jogo que eu mais joguei na minha vida. É um jogo extremamente competitivo onde o dinheiro de verdade não interfere.
  87. May 2, 2014
    I'm an avid fan of DotA.
    Valve did a great job recreating DotA *well... some of it*! *Thumbs up*
    + Competitive
    - Hard Learning curve for newbies
    + Heroes are open to pick unlike the other game *BOOOOOO*
    + Free to Play! It only has cosmetic items, no paid advantage!

"Easy to learn, Hard to master"
  88. Apr 28, 2014
    Definitely one of the best games i've ever played. I started out playing LoL but tried out dota and it turned out to be great! I love it. It's especially fun to play with your friends if you are 5. It makes it more fun and give you more teamplay and you will win easily! Try it!
  89. Apr 25, 2014
    Best game ever with worst community there is. You cant blame the game for the player community tho! So play it with friends or use mute function frequently. It's worth every minute. It's deep and complex.
  90. Apr 24, 2014
    This game ruined my life! Very addictive and irresistible. Been playing dota for 10 years now and dota 2 just made it more great. The graphics, the art style, pvp matching actions, and more just made it more great . I quit several times but still I keep coming back. There's something in this game that keeps us coming back and get more hyped. I recommend it to every hardcore gamers out there.
  91. Apr 15, 2014
    This game is for those who have time and determination

Upon reading these reviews, you will notice some things: --Reviews are almost completely 9&10s or 1&2s --Professional Critic reviews are very high --Many people choose to speak about Valve rather than the actual game I think that from this, we can assume a few things. -- This game is definitely not for everyone. If you are
    This game is for those who have time and determination

Upon reading these reviews, you will notice some things:
    --Reviews are almost completely 9&10s or 1&2s
    --Professional Critic reviews are very high
    --Many people choose to speak about Valve rather than the actual game

I think that from this, we can assume a few things.
    -- This game is definitely not for everyone. If you are not willing to put in many hours a few moments of pure frustration, read no more. This game is not for you. If you will not accept that defeat may occur in the most humiliating way, read no more. If you cannot accept that updates are made based on the most recurring needs, not your own, read no more.
    -- This game has massive potential, but the potential of any given match is determined by the players. If you want a perfectly even match, you cannot find it! The reason being that a 'perfect' match cannot exist! You will find matches that are so leaned one way that you stand no chance! However, that does not mean you should quit. The 'currency' of dota is build items. The more you have, the more money and/or time you have put in the game. Typically, items are awarded only to the best player of the winning team, but one can earn an item regardless if you are good enough. Just to put an example, I once had a game where 3 out of the 5 people on my team quit. This meant that odds were 100% I would lose. But i played well enough I was awarded an item.
    -- Valve is a large company. They simply could not support a customer feedback group large enough to help every single person within a timely manner. Sending something to valve only ensures that the said mail will be read at some point, not that you will get a reply. Many low reviews comment on the slowness of the updates. This is not true. Small updates are made almost constantly in a process called the 'balance changelog' which ensures that no hero/item is too powerful. Major updates, such as a new character or likewise feature are rare, but no rarer than in any other game!
    -- People will sabotage a game for their own. Many low reviews state that dota is horrible in every way. I would be surprised if the majority of these people did not play league of legends, a similar and fun spin-off of dota. Critics judge the game without comparison to others, it is their job. Meanwhile the rest of us cannot help our bias. I have mine, you have yours, and every other review on this page has theirs.
    -- Dota is, by no stretch of the imagination, perfect. It has its flaws, such as a community that for the most part I have found to be silent or polite, but with some nastiness found on any multiplayer game. Honestly, the community is better here than on any console shooter I've played. There are bugs that can ruin a game and that people claim exist forever (In reality valve does not tell you they are fixed, they just fix the bugs) and of course the matchmaking! Remember that while some matches are unfair, the computer is doing the best with what it has. The computer can only put you in a match for the regions you select with other people joining a game at the same time as you. Be kind to the robots. They will spare you in the uprising.
    -- People lie. If you believe every statistic given here, you are a fool. Many of the facts are true to a specific point in time far in the past, and many more are simply lies given by people who got beat up by a bloodseeker their first game and never played again.

I hope this review has been helpful. And please, don't judge after one game. Thats like judging you based on a single sentence you have uttered. (This would be uh.... for most of us)
  92. Apr 12, 2014
    Theres a reason this is the most played PC game of all time as of the moment. The first few games suck yes but when you learn you cant put it down. If one person on your team feeds you lose but i dont have a problem with losing i still have fun. A game can take from 20mins to 1 or so hours its a joy to play with friends i recommend it highly. 10/10 Ruined my life.
  93. Apr 8, 2014
    There are many key points to the game's success.
    First, the valuable lesson of teamwork! However, there is a small price of self-esteem and a 99 percent chance of being yelled at by your a**hole of a teammate. But hey, that's nothing!
    Also, ease of access is another important point! Just choose which Russia you want to play in! Many critics were happy with this product! For instance,
    There are many key points to the game's success.
    Many critics were happy with this product! For instance, jremy1253 commented,

"Before I played DotA 2, I though the Brazilians were only bad at soccer".

You see? Important life lessons! And to DotA fans, remember, you are entitled to your opinions, but this is mine. Please do not take it personally, otherwise risk facing a slight chance of ulcers, rage, and other side effects that would be harmful to the average human.

Thank you, and have a lovely evening.
  94. Apr 7, 2014
    For me the best MOBA there is to play. It is very difficult and challenging to new players but if you grab a few friends that are on the same skill level that you are you are going to have a blast. My only gripe with the game is that you can see what heroes the enemy team picks so counter picking is a really annoying thing to do but is done often.
  95. Apr 6, 2014
    DOTA Is a very difficult game. If you are looking for a more Casual MOBA style game. Don't play DOTA 2. It takes a lot of time to learn and is a game that takes years to master. League of Legends is the casual persons MOBA game. With that being said. DOTA is a lot of fun for people who take the time to learn how to play it. It has deep varied strategies and with every devastatingDOTA Is a very difficult game. If you are looking for a more Casual MOBA style game. Don't play DOTA 2. It takes a lot of time to learn and is a game that takes years to master. League of Legends is the casual persons MOBA game. With that being said. DOTA is a lot of fun for people who take the time to learn how to play it. It has deep varied strategies and with every devastating loss you will find a glorious victory. I played League for a couple years before DOTA 2 came out and it was fun, but once DOTA 2 came out I left it behind because DOTA has a lot more to offer and you can't beat the original. Expand
  96. Apr 4, 2014
    The best game ever...
    IceFrog idea of a competitive game has been taken to the next level with Valves support and built a whole world up around it.
    Many hours spent playing this game and I see many many more coming.
  97. Apr 3, 2014
    Dota 2 concerteza é o melhor MOBA atualmente, por mais que o jogo possa ter alguns defeitos, o que é normal em todo game, a Valve vem trabalhando muito em cima disso, moldando o Dota 2, que tem por "natureza" a maior complexidade de jogo dentre os demais MOBAs, e tornando-o um jogo cada vez mais falado e amado pelos jogadores.
    Devido a isso espero que, com o passar do tempo, vejamos um
    Devido a isso espero que, com o passar do tempo, vejamos um game free to play, que trara grandes experiencias, entreterimento e diversao para seus jogadores, telespectadores e para as pessoas em geral, sendo assim quebrando todas as espectativas e recordes de evolução dos eSports que existem por aí. Obrigado.
  98. Mar 25, 2014
    Dota 2 is the revolution in cybersport. It makes e-gaming feel like real serious sport, as it was football or basketball. And this is the main merit of Dota2 and Valve.
    Besides game is really great, it is deep, variative, competitive, hard.
    Besides game is really great, it is deep, variative, competitive, hard.
    The ones who dislike it are the fans of LoL(which is another great MOBA Btw), conservative fans of Dota1, or the ones who doesn't want to spent like 1000 hours(real 1000 hours) to understand mechanics of game(Usually they want to be pro after completing tutorial, like in every SP shooter, never playing MP coz, surprise there are always bunch of players playing much better then you) .
    Love it or hate it, DOTA 2 is the BIGGEST GAME that was created by industry.
  99. Mar 22, 2014
    They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.