6.4

1. Aug 21, 2013
    This is by far Valve's best F2P game so far, way better than Team Fortress 2 and Alien Swarm combined, and even better than League of Legends. It may not be Steam's biggest game or PC's biggest online game, but this one has some great potential even with the great tutorials, skirmish plays, online plays, graphics, mechanics and the elements. Even better, there's no need to pay for getting and playing a better hero and of course there are lots of choices and options to choose for a hero except for paying the clothing. This game could be more worth the sequel if more map types and modes are added similar to LoL. Expand
  2. Aug 13, 2013
    A game with some serious depth. Millions of hero and lane combos not to mention item builds, it is a little bit daunting. Fortunately for new players and hell even experienced ones, there are co-op and single player bot matches for you to practice and experiment new things against. The community has its ups and downs and people are quick to abuse and blame others for the team's misgivings. But you will also come across many friendly players as well who are quick to dish out praise, teach unfamiliar players and work as a team. The experience is made more fun with friends, but beware, relationships may be strained at times. Expand
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    This game has an insane learning curve. If it's your first time playing an action RTS style game then it will take you ~200 games just to be decent and that's if you watch pro games and actively work on improving your play. Of course you can approach the game casually as well but you will be missing out the insane depth and complexity of the game. This game really shines when two evenly matched teams battle it out for 40-60 minutes where everybody gives it their all and works together as a team. Those matches are rare though and they have nearly become extinct with Valve's changes to matchmaking. The reason I gave this game a 7/10 instead of a 10/10 isn't because of the gameplay itself, it's because of Valve's current direction they are taking the game. The mute system and recent matchmaking issues have negatively impacted my dota experience to the where I no longer play the game. After 3 months of bumbling around Valve finally improved the mute system but now the matchmaking problems have taken center-stage. Maybe once they iron out all the wrinkles I will return to this great action rts. Expand
  4. Sep 24, 2013
    This is a great game, and possibly the one game that will require the most out of you: quick thinking on your feet, reflexes, communication, pretty much everything that a person can put in a game will be required of you if you will be any good at this deep, deep game.

And here I want to address the review by the user iseeall: You do not get it in the least. Play an actual game. The
    training part of the game is just to give you an idea of the basics, but the magic of this game isn't about towers or creeps or even the single hero you know. It's about the interaction between heroes, and about the items that you buy in the shop. Those items are bought with the in-game gold, which you start every game with a small fixed amount, depending on mode, and you get more by doing various things. You cannot buy gold with real money. The items that enhance your hero can only be "purchased" with the gold you get in the game, and this resets every game. The only things you can buy with real money for this game are purely cosmetic. You do not need any of them. Plus, by playing actual matches, you will receive such items.

This is a free-to-play game that does NOT require *ANY* money at all. More than that: Spending *ANY* amount of money in this game will give you absolutely ZERO competitive advantage against other players. Spend $10,000 if you can, go right ahead. You will gain only a variety of cosmetic items.

So why do people buy things? Because they LOVE this game. They WORSHIP this game. Why? Because it is a fantastic game, one that you will never, ever be bored with, and one that costs nothing. What more could you possibly ask for in a game?
  5. Apr 26, 2014
    These types of games don't always play to my strengths, but DOTA 2 is a nice update to the genre it represents and feels a bit easier to ease into than League of Legends. I can't say if it's better or worse since I've put in maybe 10 hours or so into LoL, but DOTA 2 is more fun than I thought a F2P game would be and helps me be a little bit more focused on things like proper item acquisition and basic strategies from the start instead of forcing me to learn it all on my own. Since it's free I could call this a "10" for its return on investment, but it's really much of what you'd expect from this genre. Definitely give it a try. Expand
  6. Sep 12, 2013
    The game is quite fun for a few games every 100 games played, the problem is the matchmaking is terrible.
    Playing with people who don't speak your language and have 450 pings makes for a bad game.
    The game needs a ladder or some form of progression, the games feels shallow unless you're in a pro team, then it has lots of support.
    dota often has 7x less spectators than league of legends
    that says a lot.
    most people in dota have 4-5 accounts for trading and queue skipping, this makes the game look bigger than it is. Theirs only 10% of people logged in who are actually playing in game, most idle in chat or trading.
    The best thing about dota is the graphics are great so i do hope dota wins but they need to support the casual community.
  7. Jul 23, 2013
    It's depth and complexity results in a strategic and action packed game that is worth committing the 20-60 minutes per round. The down side to it's complexity is the super steep learning curve, and lack of anything really useful for learning in game. There are a huge amount of characters and effective builds for them. It can take quite a while memorize and become comfortable with all of it, but it's well worth the price. Low ranking matches can be quite frustrating with how long a rounds are. New and confused teammates will take out frustration on each other, but mid-high level players all have social skills and communicate effectively. The low level community is one of the worst I have seen in a game, yet the high level community is one of the best. Overall I think the game's complexity, and balance results in one of the best online multiplayer experiences you can get, but Free 2 Play isn't actually free as it will require a substantial time investment. It's a brilliant and polished game on so many levels, but until Valve develops a more effective teaching method I don't think it deserves a 10. Expand
  8. Aug 31, 2014
    This game seems like fun but beware, the community will be will very rude to you if you haven't somehow managed to get good at the game without ever having played it. I received so much abuse from other players that I had to quit out. It could have been because I chose one of the most important characters and my ineptness was causing people to lost the game, but still...
  9. Apr 19, 2014
    It used to be good, now you get communication-banned for saying stuff like "that was a bad play." Count on Valve to ruin anything that might have been good. MMR system is completely awful and if you live in the US, expect to have people who don't speak English on your team. Great game fallen to ruin by self-righteous, nanny trash company. I've never liked Valve as a company or any of their previous games. I was happy about dota because they got the original developer of the game. I have been playing Dota 2 since early beta and the game is not the same anymore.

Is it so hard to mute people you don't want to talk to through the in-game UI? Apparently Valve thinks so! Whenever I can't stand Peruvians screaming gibberish or nasally voiced 12 year olds, I just mute them. Nanny Valve doesn't trust your judgment though, so I guess they'd better mute people themselves so nobody can listen to them!
  10. Nov 2, 2013
  11. Jul 10, 2013
    There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start having a hell lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a casual gamer and can't be bothered to invest that time. If that's the case and you want to play a MOBA then that's where LoL comes in. If you already play LoL and want something more challenging and more rewarding then by all means try Dota 2. Plus it has way better graphics, great character customization and doesn't require any money to unlock heroes (which I find very frustrating in LoL). It is also more balanced imo. As for the community, well it's still a MOBA so don't expect too much, although it's not so bad. Expand
  12. Apr 25, 2014
    Best game ever with worst community there is. You cant blame the game for the player community tho! So play it with friends or use mute function frequently. It's worth every minute. It's deep and complex.
  13. Jul 16, 2013
    I've been playing DOTA off and on for at least 7 years. It's become a part of my life like golf or the NBA. I can't thank Valve enough for bringing modernity to the game and making it a viable E-Sport. If I were to laud two improvements, it would be the matchmaking system and the shop in the game.
  14. Nov 1, 2013
    Gaben raped my father and killed all my ancestors. Lord Gaben, why have you forsaken us? We praised you and built shrines for you and this is how you repay us? With Hats!?
  15. Aug 28, 2013
    Lets begging with the fact that the game is amazing. Real gamers will love it, its a challenge and never-ended tactics moba. That say, lets talk about Bad things:

1. Matchmaking: Im a graphic designer, web developer and i know that coding is rly dificult, every fix bring 2 bugs. Match making is based on experience, records, roles, etc of a player, but some players as me, keep geting
    horrible teammates with bad behaviour, quiters, "reporters" (troll that report u for nothing), noobs, and first time players. making me lose, and getting a bad record, that send me more players like those... this must change.

2. Server Locations & Filters: US, EU, LA, everywhere we get russians, (we all agree that rusians trolls can be rly insane), if i want russians i would pick RU server, why i keep getting them? dunno...

Dota should have an auto critic bar, where i say witch my level is, so he can do a better job matchmaking. If the player is right about the level, then the bar stay still, if dont, it goes down.

3. Reports: i know this have perma fixes and changes everyday, but we are not ok with the way it works atm. Actually u can be a pro and be banned by trolls whom report you. That its insane, there should be certain of restrictions on who, how, and when u report players with better record than you.

Las and more important...

4. THE INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT How do teams participate? rules? request? where to sign? Steam/Valve is very noob there, this game requires more tournaments, and more important, Regional Tournaments (Like Soccer world cup, but less corrupted). SEA Tournaments, South America Tournaments, Central America Tournaments... This is crucial in order to get a better community and better gamers. Players needs it, The game Needs it, Valve MUST do it, and Players must demand it.

... And let the battle Begin's!.
  16. Nov 9, 2013
    FInally valve did something to please. Check it in the internet, just wanted to revert my quote. Go download this great game., on my opinion its the best moba out there today
  17. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve killed Dota 2. Hats, Hats, Hats, Couriers Tickets everywhere. Zero really good content in this game. Valve know how to make money but don't know how to talk with Dota community and they ruined our trust.
  18. Dec 8, 2013
    Lets put it this way. Not only is it the best MOBA game, it is the game that redefines what F2P means. Everything is unlocked from the beginning. It takes over 4k hours of gameplay to unlock every hero in League of Legends.

Everything in Dota 2 is free, its cosmetic. Not only is this a great f2p model, but it is also so well done that it becomes a serious addiction. Just look at
    the marketplace and the prices some of the items are going for. It is truly the new standard in how a f2p model should work. Not only are items available, they are made by the community itself, giving modders and creative people an opportunity to make money and do what they love.

Dota 2 is a complex game. It is not easy. It has a steep learning curve and it will kick your ass. However, it is the most satisfying experience in multiplayer gaming since the quake arena days.

Winning a match two barracks down is the best feeling in the world. Not only this, but you will identify yourself with the heroes. Players will not call you by your username or name, but by your hero name, putting you in the role of that hero.

Dota 2 is by far the best MOBA game ever made hands down. If you want a simple MOBA, casual with lots of players go play League of Legends, it has its advantages such as a ranked MMR system.

Dota 2 is for the serious players and the hardcore gamers.
  19. Jul 15, 2013
    This game is just perfect, mostly for me: a guy who played dota for a long time, this game can be played by anyone, thing is, DotA 2 is not an intuitive game, you have various tutorials however. I know people can be a bit hostile, I am too, that is because in this game, if someone mess it up real hard, then you most likely lose the game. People have to know which role they are playing and play it at its best in order to win the game, but also, if you play perfectly but your team or some mates doesn't then you probably won't win the game, and if you are competitive like me, then you will get mad haha. But try it out, DotA has a matchmaking system so you will play with other people with the same skills as you probably, you will stand a chance there, and eventually get more skilled. Expand
  20. Jul 27, 2013
    I've got almost 900 hours on record so far. I've played other games form this genre (LoL and HoN), and I have to say, DotA2 is by far the best.

I love games with steep learning curves, where accumulating knowledge and sharpening skill is absolutely necessary for it to be playable.

The game is very fun to play, the true online sportsmanship. Best game I've played in 10 years.
  21. Jul 21, 2013
    I've never been a big MOBA player and I really, REALLY suck at RTS games or any game that requires real time strategy: this point shows an opinion from an outsider, and not a veteran, as I just randomly got into this game and played for over 100 hours. Dota 2 is considered to this day "THE" MOBA game and it's impossible to deny that a lot of veterans and old gamers of the old version have both gripes and angers upon this game for changes and whatever: like I said, I'll just say what I think as a random gamer. And that is, this game is excellent...for a free to play game. For starters, the game already lets you use EVERY hero in the roster from the start with NO money required to buy other avatars: that is a HUGE pro because, as many know, in other f2p MOBA games (like LoL) you need to buy with real money the other heroes (or be extremely patient), or else you'll be stuck with a few bunches every week that changes sporadically. This also means that the only thing you can buy are costumes and keys for crates, which unlock other costumes or parts...just like tf2 (afterall it's also a game of Valve). But that's it actually: the game asks nothing else from us and the fact that you HAVE all the heroes at once means a HUGE longevity from the start: every hero is unique in their skillsets and have an unique design that are kinda fascinating (sure, there are exceptions, but if I had to make examples, it would take all day); the statuses and the levelling upgrades are very well programmed, since that you only need to check out for 6 stats :Attack, defense, speed and the 3 main stats, which are strength, agility and intelligence; these last stats are also how the heroes are splitted, which basically means that the items you will need are gonna be more or less effective, depending on your main attribute, which will increase BOTH your damage AND whatever the stat grants: for example strength increase hp, agility increases armor and attack speed, and intelligence gives you more mana and mana regenration. With the items splitted into 3 stats plus other statuses (and with also items that give unique abilities and many active items), you can see that, on paper, the game is very big and "complete" from the get go. Of course though, with a big roster of heroes, we also have a lot of issues with balancing: heroes are splitted into various roles that can do also multiple roles, and these roles also define their main focus on the match and how they must be played That it's actually well done...for the most part. Sure, some heroes WILL be more powerful than others and WILL need a lot of effort to take down, but at the same time you'll see their weaknesses from the instant you'll try to fight them, showing a balance...to a certain degree, since some heroes are extremely powerful that, while not being overpowered, they CAN be the ruination of the match. In the end, also, it's also up to the player, since every character have a weakness that must be exploited to take them down (Stealth based heroes, for instance, require a dust to take them down or you won't be able to spot them anymore). Enough of good points...what's rotten instead? There are various issues in the game like the difficulty that REALLY requires a lot of training in practice mode but, if I have to pick one in particular, it's gonna be...

The community.

This isn't the worst community ever...but sure is annoying! Don't take me wrong though, EVERY SINGLE ONLINE GAME has at least a part of community that can't stop annoy other people, so I can't really say it's the biggest problem of the game (or else every mmo or online game in existence would have a zero just because of the community). But yes, the community can be a problem: in many matches I've played, there was, AT BEST, one leaver from one of the teams...if not 2 or more: that means that if a player leaves, that match is gonna be a loss or a tough fight, because there's NO substitution of players; I heard they were planning some sort of player switching and I do hope so because I've seen so many matches lost because of one "insert insult" decided that not getting a first blood means we fail as a team. But I'll be honest saying that, while I've seen MANY bad players, I've also had many good people willing to cooperate and I rarely met too many "insert insult" willing to ruin the mood and the game, so I consider myself lucky to have played many good matches, without mentioning some matches won with huge disadvantage (I once won 3 against 5, but also lost 5 against 2!). Other issues are probably the items in the shop, which can be expensive too...but that's entirely for looks and nothing else, so it does't count. Probably there are other minor issues but I can't much, except that Dota 2, as a MOBA game, it's very complete and deep, with no restrictions on how to start: you can start anytime, and you can pick any hero and enjoy until you want, either improving or just for relaxing. The limit is only your patience.
  22. Nov 18, 2013
    I was about to try something new and... Horrible, pathetic and weak piece of crap. Boring experience, ugly and completely unbalanced game. There is no any civilised multiplayer, this is rather gang bang. Hordes of rapists running around in large groups, spamming most powerful spells and weapons. There is no any civilised community as well. Typical Valve cheap half-product which has nothing to do with strategy or planning like excellent Warcraft III. Expand
  23. Nov 12, 2013
    Easily the best PC game out right now. Biggest competitive scene in the history of gaming, and an overall amazing game for everyone.

Not only that the developer listens to its community for good suggestions and ignores them for bad ones.
  24. Nov 2, 2013
    Offsetting some diretide here might be nice for a change. It's brilliant, it's amazing, it's got events (TI, WOO), and it's just fun to play if you ignore the trolls and haters, which is easy enough
  25. Nov 2, 2013
    My favourite game of all time. Improving all time with new [weekly] updates, great gameplay, great design. Only thing this game lack good community, but it is not really a game fault.
  26. Nov 20, 2013
    A game with fantastic graphic and sound assets ruined by the multiplayer portion of the game. The single player training missions and Valve's commitment to keeping the game alive are the only saving graces of this free to play game.

The main part of the game is multiplayer. While Valve have exceeded in delivering great multiplayer experiences in their past games, they've truly dropped
    dropped the ball in Dota 2. It's a team based game but it's an extremely rare occurrence for you and your team to even speak the same language or even reside on the same continent. With the size of the playerbase of Dota 2, that isn't something that can be overlooked.

In this type of game, the entire experience is dependent on team communication. And it's all bad. 95% of communication in this game is namecalling and "report" threats. I thought Counter Strike had the worst community of any multiplayer-centric game until I played Dota 2.

There are tools to get over the language barriers, but that's not the biggest problem. It's the matchmaking. Every game I've played so far has been a white wash for my team or the opponents. People call "GG" after first blood and games rarely last longer than 30 minutes. Since there's almost no penalty for leaving a game, many people abandon and the whole game becomes a waste of time.

As for actual game mechanics, I don't have any praise for those either. Ability descriptions are inconsistent, NPC AI is inconsistent, items are inconsistent, even the hero naming scheme is inconsistent. It feels like a good idea for a game bogged down by engine limitations and poor foresight from the designers. The tutorials explain a little about the game, but players are expected to know almost every ability and item before playing online which is an almost impossible feat without player coaching.

I can't recommend this game to anyone unless they love tower defence and they're playing it offline with bots.
  27. Sep 18, 2013
    This is the crack cocaine equivalent of a videogame. It is addictive because of the mix of uncertainty of who you will be facing, combined with high adrenaline button mashing. APM matters, but after 40 minutes it is just as easy to find a very frustrating defeat as glorious victory. This keeps me coming for more, but after a few days I find that there's no real fun in this game just the same addictive mechanics over and over again. I'm forced to play the hero I'm best at, not the hero I like, or the team loses, and there's nothing fun about losing. Speaking of this, there's nothing fun about winning either. At least LOL had leveling system where there's some reward for winning. This is just addictive. Expand
  28. Nov 16, 2013
    Unquestionably the best MOBA on the market, primarily due to the unique character design and top-notch voice acting for each hero. This is honestly the main thing that draws a lot of people back. It's something LoL never quite managed. Unforgiving, but very fun, give it a try, but don't expect the game to spoon feed you. You get back what you put in outside of the game, (watching tutorials, pro play, hints/tips, hero videos). Expand
  29. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 is a great game that will give you a great sense of reward and accomplishment if you sink enough time and effort into it. It will do this, not by giving you stars and medals whenever you get something done correctly, but by giving you experience in every match you play that you can then put to use in every subsequent match: DIRECT experience that you will be able to employ on your own terms. Calling it a skill-based game is almost something of an understatement. Dota 2 is about "growing up" alongside all the mechanics it provides. There will never be an aspect of the game that you will have truly mastered at 100% and even if you are somehow able to, there will be uncountable other details and lessons you can learn to understand even better. It's learning, it's having fun, it's experimenting, it's getting rewarded for your efforts.

This is a truly immortal game that you'll never sink enough hours into.

Thank you, Valve.
  30. Jul 23, 2013
    I've been playing this game for quite some time now and I can say that while I enjoyed original DotA, this one is more polished and the gameplay is very smooth. The graphics are amazing too and the community has been quite helpful so far (even though some people say otherwise).

I totally recommend this game to any MOBA fan.
  31. Jul 16, 2013
    I love the game. I played original DotA, HoN and tried Smite and LoL. For me Dota 2 is the best of the bunch. Entirely free, no pay2win aspect, everything in the game is unlocked, purchable are only cosmetics, no content or powerups. The balance is great due to 8+ years of tweaking by icefrog. Enormously high skill ceiling and an extremely hard game to get into. Some jerks here and there can ruin games for you, as is the case in most mobas. Overall a great successor. 9/10 Expand
  32. Nov 10, 2013
    Please forgive me gabe Please forgive me gabe Please forgive me gabe Please forgive me gabe Please forgive me gabe Please forgive me gabe Please forgive me gabe.
  33. Jul 16, 2013
    This game is actually too good for your health. If you're in a relationship where you're living together, you must make a decision: dota 2 or your relationship.
  34. Aug 5, 2013
    Pure perfection......you cant want more from this genere oh and did i menitoned its completely free? and every new hero will be so you dont need to spend a penny for this game and you are on same ground like ppl who put $1000s into it, skill is only thing which matters in dota and tahts what makes it so great...
  35. Nov 2, 2013
    This is one of the most boring games I've ever played! MOBA games in general are only for brainless drones. Valve really dropped the ball with this one.
  36. Jan 7, 2014
    There is no point in playing this game. Seriously, think about it. You win a couple of matches, then what? You get a few items, then what? It's the same map, over and over again. The same heroes, the same ability spams, everything's the same. Where does it end? Nothing ever changes. You might get an item every now and then, which you can't sell/trade unless you spend real money on other non-existent items. What would be the point of getting better at this thing? The game exists solely to cash in on people's nostalgia/boredom/stupidity. Nothing more. Basically, you'd be paying valve to not care what you think, to pair you with spoiled children or bored idiots that have no real life accomplishments so that you may be flamed and insulted because of their own incompetence. Why would any normal person play this game, is beyond comprehension. Utterly pointless. Expand
  37. Jul 28, 2013
    Its simply the Greatest PC game ever made. Yes its hard, yes its unforgiving, and yes some of the community are a bunch of idiots... but don't let that put you off. Keep going with it.. once you have learned how to play there is no video game PC game in the world that can touch it for awesomeness.
  38. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    NO New Hero
    NO Updates
    NO Normal matchmaking system
  39. Jan 8, 2014
    No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores. Expand
  40. Nov 2, 2013
    If it wasn't a coin-flipping simulator, this game would get a 10.
    - matchmaking is broken in certain modes (all pick).
    - as with all games in the ARTS genre, the community is quite toxic.
    - a lot of non-US foreigners play well, but sometimes it's a nuisance.
    - gameplay has incredible depth and complexity and is very rewarding.
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    This is an amazing, polished and fun multiplayer experience.

If any of you are confused as to why this game has such a low user score, here is the reason: http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1152

It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad.
  42. Dec 5, 2013
    When I decided to give this a try, I was already aware of its infamous reputation for being harmful. All of the negative rumors you hear are true. It will make the most friendly of people aggressively competitive, while ignoring the game's extremely low fun factor.

Dota 2 is bad.
  43. Feb 7, 2014
    While DotA is (relatively) easy to learn, it is impossible to master. This makes for a continuing rich experience for the player as they will learn and grow in skill and strategy with other players of rough parity. You are matched (most of the time) with other players of similar skill, and this insures that you are challenged, but not obliterated, as you learn to play.

DotA has also
    introduced ranked matchmaking, which is highly recommended as it allows you to play with others of similar language, skill level, and passion. Expand
  44. Aug 17, 2013
    I have just 3 words -
    Not for quitters.................................................................................................................
  45. Nov 8, 2013
    A good, high-quality MOBA with varied but mostly balanced characters, built in spectating, item drops, and events. Although Valve doesn't always communicate the best, they care about the community still. GAVE DIRETIDE
  46. Nov 1, 2013
    only cosmetic updates.....nothing else, the game has gone dead

with weekly updates, it used to be entertaining, but without any sort of timeline on them, the game feels stale
  47. Aug 7, 2013
    Good grief, another amazing video game by VALVe! I was shocked when I heard the announcement that VALVe was publishing this game. After all, this game was originally a mod for Warcraft III, a really fun strategy game made by Blizzard Entertainment for the PC. VALVe is a company well known for their first person shooters (Half-Life, Team Fortress, Counter-Strike), so I was wondering why they were even entering Blizzard's territory with this game. My questions were soon put to rest when I played the game. All I can say is that this game is simply amazing. To start, the gameplay is a mixture between Real-Time Strategy and role-playing games. In this game however, you are not controlling your factions, you are only controlling your heroes. Basically, your heroes level up over time like in a Role-playing game, and the way you control them is like a strategy game. This is actually quite a good mixture. It worked in Warcraft III, and it works perfectly here. However, there is more to the gameplay than just that. This game pits two mighty teams against each other (the radiant and the dire). One side is noticeably more heroic, guarding a lush green forest, while the other is noticeably darker, guarding an ashen wasteland. The overall goal is to destroy the enemy team's ancient (base of operations). To do this, you really need to coordinate with your teammates, and let them know what is happening around the battlefield. I think that this is a very good approach, especially considering that the game is entirely multiplayer. The graphics of this game are also quite good. Everything is quite beautiful, and enjoyable for anyone who loves video game graphics. There is no real story to this game, which although I have criticized in the past, I don't feel the need to here. All of the characters in this game have their own stories to read if you ever want a good story in this game. There is only one real complaint that I have with this game as a matter of fact. This game does have a very steep learning curve. It is easy to learn, but incredibly difficult to master. You need to find a hero that suits your playstyle, which if you ask me, can take ages to figure out considering that there are over one-hundred of them. However, having over one-hundred heroes is not a bad thing. In fact, I'd say it's a great thing. It gives you so much more variety on what kind of hero you can play as. Overall, I'd say that this is another fantastic game by VALVe software. It is ultra-competitive, fast, furious, and one heck of a lot of fun. It's steep learning curve may be a tad bit problematic, however, that does not stop me from awarding this game with a 9 out of 10. Expand
  48. Jul 12, 2013
    One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay.
  49. Jul 16, 2013
    Dota 2 is a great game. I like its UI design, hero design and that beautiful map. Valve didn't disappoint players this time. However, the only reason I do not give a 10 is that this game still have some bugs and Valve has already released it. Those bugs do damage the game experience.
  50. Nov 6, 2013
    The tutorial is commendable but for those who never play RTS or RPG games it's still confusing as hell. There's no dexterity required for this game as it's purely tactics (yes, tactics not strategy like chess) but with the wealth of characters and stupid number of items, it's nearly impossible to even begin to understand this game. Graphics are bad, it's slow and feels unpolished. Boring and overly complex. Expand
  51. Nov 8, 2013
    FIX METACRITIC FIX METACRITIC FIX METACRITIC FIX METACRITIC FIX METACRITIC FIX METACRITIC FIX METACRITIC FIX METACRITIC FIX METACRITIC FIX METACRITIC
  52. Jul 17, 2013
    Best free to play game in a true sense. There's no need to buy new heroes, no Pay-to-win issue at all. The game is absolutely fantastic especially after Valve has been putting focus on server stability, balance and the most importantly, community. It's amazing how the game has been improved since its first Beta launch back in 2011. I've played Dota 1, LoL, HoN, and Smite but I;m certain this will be my go-to ARTS game. Expand
  53. Nov 9, 2013
  54. Nov 3, 2013
    A lot of bugs, bad balance patches that only produce more bugs, even engine is bugged. Still no old modes, like "radiant vs dire". Even tho community is bad in a lot of matches it is bad that you can get mute ban, instead of just mute the person that is flaming. Only thing that is really good is the art style.
  55. Nov 8, 2013
    We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide! Expand
  56. Nov 4, 2013
    This game obviously lacks completeness and suffers from imperfect matchmaking system but giving it '0' for not implementing Halloween event feels kind of a childish action.
  57. Jul 16, 2013
    Simply the best "Dota" game out there.
    Stop blaming about community, making the community better is everyone's duty, anyway, it's not the game's fault.

Try it, especially if you are tired of LoL-- Dota2 is far more challenging and flexible.
  58. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide given. But no seriously, Valve isn't perfect but Dota 2 is honestly an amazing game despite its rather.......vocal community. As for as free-to-play games go, I can easily say that is the best out there and even has a far higher level of production then games that cost $60 and upwards.
  59. Sep 17, 2013
    one of the most boring games i ever played. honestly.
    also the online community consitsts of 99% garbage talking kids. not sure how anyone can spend more than 4 hours on this.

better get warcraft 3 and the original dota mod.
  60. Nov 2, 2013
    An excellent game. I have never had any technical issues with it. The gameplay is amazing. One of the more polished PvP oriented games I've ever played, and it's bloody well free! Whats not to love? Ignore all the negative reviews from children that are sad about not having a Halloween update for their free game like they assumed would happen.

This is beyond worth checking out. I have
    never been one to clock that many hours into a game. Yet here I am with almost 1,000 hours of actual gameplay in this sucker. I got my wife hooked and all my friends. It's perfect. CHECK IT OUT! Expand
  61. Nov 2, 2013
    Tactically speaking there is a lot more to this than most basic pvp fests. Even playing against bots can be fun. I have to say I wasn't expecting when I got on this page such a huge backlash but then I guess we're talking about the kind of people for whom a game that costs you nothing and is lovingly crafted and designed just isn't good enough,
  62. Nov 11, 2013
    Don't go by the negative reviews, its because valve didn't make an announcement regarding an event. This is a AAA game for free with a steep learning curve. However, once you learn it, its never ending fun.
  63. Jul 17, 2013
    Been playing this game for soo long since the first dota and I have to say that this is the best multiplayer online battle arena out there. Although, League of Legends maybe the more popular one Dota 2 is definitely the better game, graphics, mechanics and balance wise. They did pretty well with retaining the balance of both sides from the original game and it has been a very enjoyable experience for me. Expand
  64. Nov 12, 2013
    dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given dt given
  65. Nov 9, 2013
    Complex mechanics that are fun to learn, hard to master. Amazing artwork across the entire game. Constant updates that keep the game fresh. One of the best ever created.
  66. Sep 1, 2013
    Biggest learning curve of any game out there, but once you surpass that it is the most fulfilling gaming experience ever. I am still learning new tricks and strategies and im slightly over 2000 hours played. I'm still addicted, definitely most gratifying if you're playing with friends as a team. Only negative thing that could be said is the community can be filled with trash talking and people who ruin your game doing one of many things, that being said after playing a ton and moving up in experience I have seen much less of this and I rarely have to report people anymore. This game takes immense amounts of time to learn and become competitive with but that aside, its the best multiplayer game to ever have been made. Expand
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    It is not the communities fault, it is the match makings fault that puts all type of skill levels together and combine that with the force 50% win/loss ratio...you're going to have a bad time.
  68. Nov 9, 2013
    And so it was that the impatience of the human race allowed Dota 2's user score to sink by several points, and metacritic was deemed the worst way of judging if a game is worth playing.
  69. Nov 9, 2013
    The low rating is not deserved. Some children got buttfrustrated that Valve didn't give them an event that has only happened, what, twice before this? It is an amazing action RPG.
  70. Jul 11, 2014
    Dota 2, the game advertised as hard, awesome and good by it's fans. I played the fancy new tutorial, it taught me nothing. I played a bot game, it taught me nothing. I played against players, it taught me the following:

- You need to tell everyone when someone exists your screen, they can't look it up from their minimap.
    - Call everyone feeder while having most deaths
    - Spam league
    forums about how skillcap Dota 2 is.
    - Last hitting is very easy
    - Gold is easily gained
    - Snowballing is super fast and strong, games can be decided by any lane just by getting killed 2 times.

Overall pretty average game, graphics are nice and stuff. But the real thing is, it's not that hard game. Sure learning 90 champions is hard, but if i can find figure out most of the stuff in 20minutes that my team was getting beaten, anyone can do it.

My first pvp game was a flamefest, i did not call an missing player and my team died to him....3 times in row for a double kill. Then i was the person with mental issues, i'm feeding and should go back to League. While still holding more farm, less deaths and more income than my team that composed of players who had much more hours in the game than i did (less than 3). MatchMaking sucks as bad as Riot's, even worse i might add. Every player in my pvp games has experience with the game that i don't. So i'll check the game out in 6 months or so again to see what they done with it. Prolly nothing.

Short version:

- Requires more skill than league. [ ] Yes [x] NO
    - Full of A-Holes. [x] Yes [ ] NO
    - Overhyped and boring [x ] Yes [] NO
    - Lucky Valve has other quality game under their name [x] Yes [x] Yes

Don't buy anything in this game until you are sure it's good.
  71. Nov 9, 2013
    Although the learning curve is a bit steep, the depth to the Dota gameplay and mechanics provide a fun and challenging experience. Dota is a game about strategy, skill, timing, and coordination with your team. And of my 1600 games played, no two have ever felt the same. Although having to put up with valve time for updates and new content can be annoying at times, it is well worth it for the quality of the updates that is gained as a result. Expand
  72. Aug 22, 2013
    DOTA 2 is a fantastic game, picking up on everything made the original Warcraft mod a star. It's deep, competitive, and polished. Guaranteed to provide you with thousands of hours of play.
  73. Nov 14, 2013
    I've played many games with class based systems and what have you, and they all have major imbalances. The fact that DotA manages to have such finely tuned balanced with the ridiculous amount of heroes is nothing short of amazing. An incredibly fun, balanced, polished game that is completely free to play. What more can you ask for? Play it.
  74. Aug 5, 2013
    500+ hrs in and I still feel like I'm just starting to learn. Extremely fun when played with friends. Community little bit harsh overall and of course many to deal with but it doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the whole thing.
  75. Jul 22, 2013
    I can honestly say that DOTA2 is the best game I played in my 31 years of life, and I played quite a lot of them The depth of mechanics, fun and speed of combat, brutality of mistakes and joy of skillful play all compose into a perfect mix. Strongly recommended to be played with friends over VOIP. 700 hours played and I still feel like I was starting. So much to learn, grasp, so much satisfaction from actually doing it. Pick it up. It will take over your life if you want to play it well, but you're in for the best ride of your gaming years. It's free, but you will spend money on cosmetics because they look really, really cool, they can be traded which is fun in its own self, and they give you that feeling of supporting this game that you will wish to never stop existing Easiest 10 out of 10 ever. Expand
  76. Nov 1, 2013
    Great game but 50% of it is destroyed by a company that doesn't talk to the community, hides player statistics and doesn't implement a ladder system for matchmaking.
  77. Jul 16, 2013
    I have been playing Dota2 for two years through the beta I have not even scratched the surface of this game in almost a thousand matches. I have become perhaps a novice. I've not even played all and definitely not learned all of the characters. There is one map I still discover new tricks on. Not to mention it is updated and patched once if not more weekly. The market thrives without giving any real benefit but cosmetics. The underground market with its own prices is so large that there are betting sites with items and money. People will pay thousands for the right items. Then you have all of the live feeds and tournaments. All of which you can watch from any perspective. I could go on forever about this game. This game requires forever to go into detal. This is the best game ever created. Bow to your new God. Resistance is futile. Expand
  78. Nov 8, 2013
    DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN DIRETIDE GIVEN Expand
  79. Jul 20, 2013
    Ok, so, DotA 2 is going to be what makes e-sports a mainstream thing in the West like it is over in S. Korea w/ Starcraft. I really believe this. Valve has done a simply amazing job of bringing the game over into its own while retaining the character and solid mechanics of its WC3 counterpart. It's a highly challenging game that will immerse you for hours, the support of the pro scene is phenomenal, and the little holiday events that Valve puts on just ads to the charm of the game. The characters are well developed and feel unique not only in their gameplay styles, but also in their personalities. They do not feel static, but feel very alive, just like an RPG should. It's the perfect blend. If you're into games that are addicting, have high skill caps, e-sports, team play, and community, then definitely try DotA. The community CAN be a little brutal sometimes, but once you find some good, mature, and patient friends to play with, that's when this game really shines. Their matchmaking system would be my only complaint. They are still sorting it and are actively looking at ways to improve it, but it's really put a damper on the game since its launch. The temporary issues with MM aside, this game is an absolute masterpiece. What could you expect from Valve though? These guys are the new Blizzard. Expand
  80. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    NO New Hero
    NO Normal matchmaking system
    New updates is new sets and tickets.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS
    MORE! MORE TICKETS AND HATS! MORE!
  81. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is great. It has improved upon the WarCraft 3 ARTS custom map in ways that makes the game more visually appealing and it helps get new players up to speed quickly. I am not going to say that this game is better or worse than any of its competitors, only that it offers something else. Case in point: League of Legends offers a free-to-play platform where abilities are mostly comprised of "skill shots", contains a leveling system where the higher level you are, the more points into a tech tree you can spend and the more power-ups you can put on your character (which affect how your characters play in-game). In addition, League of Legends offers you a point system where points are earned by playing games and those points can be used to buy power-ups and unlock more heroes. Defense of the Ancients 2 is also a free-to-play game. However, there is nothing outside of actual game play that changes your character's abilities and the full roster of released heroes is readily available to you at the beginning of your DotA 2 adventure. If you have never picked up DotA or any ARTS games and you are using this to see if you are interested, please listen to me when I say it would be a good idea to fully finish the tutorial and play multiple practice games against bots. It will still match you up with 4 other people to take on AI controlled heroes, so you can still try to learn how to coordinate with other players online without the humiliation of playing against seasoned veterans. I strongly suggest starting on the easiest setting and take in where you can go, what some of the abilities do, and what limits can you push without getting yourself killed. Once you have progressed and crushed the hardest of bots underneath your trained foot do I recommend that you start really doing public match making. Expand
  82. Aug 16, 2013
    Re-review. I tried to get into Dota 2. I can get past the gloomy graphics and all the vocal toxic players but I simply don't have fun Dota 2. Owning people in dota2 doesn't feel good. The animations in this game are smooth and look good, but skill sounds and animations don't make me feel good, there's just something missing in Dota 2. Honestly, I feel restricted, I feel like I'm playing in a box and it makes the pace feel slow.

I have to praise it's item and stat system though. There are a of items with interesting actives. Also leads don't mean a lot, you can come back from anything and with buy-back unlike other MOBAs which have many games which are drawn out, boring, predictable, sometimes just a facepalm montage and tedious to play. This game has had tons of time and alterations so I doubt the balance is bad. I felt like I really wasn't giving it enough credit because I didn't enjoy it.
  83. Dec 22, 2013
    Impressive how you can take one of the most loved games the world over, and come out with such a terrible sequel. Based on a Blizzard game- I suppose the devs are doing what they can to follow suit.

This is the Diablo 3 of mobas.
  84. Mar 9, 2014
    Don't believe the positive reviews, this is a terrible game. In theory its cool but its impossible to find a game, when you do someone always quits so one team is unbalanced, often this triggers one or more people quitting so you end up on a team down 1-2 players.

Then if you're on that team you're up against it and if the other team gets a couple of kills you're quickly stuck in a 40
    minute trudge to your inevitable loss. In theory its awesome but in practice awful. Expand
  85. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game. Has unfairly got many unfair reviews because there wasn't diretide. Takes a bit of time to learn, but if you persist, it pays off. Pretty good graphics.
  86. Nov 2, 2013
  87. Sep 13, 2013
    As far as the MOBA market goes, they don't get any better than Dota 2. All the content is freely and instantly available, no points or in game dollar system for those to pay to win. All cosmetics are just that, cosmetics.

Play with 5 friends for the best experience, solo queue suffers from racial tensions brought on by communication problems (South Americans, Russians are the more
    popular scapegoats). This weakness shows what Dota2 is really about, communication. The teams that are able to talk, plan, and think, will almost always win. Which for me, means the game has done something very right.

10/10, constant updates, extremely well made game, great voices, what lore there is is thought-out and well written, unbeatable team-experience.
  88. Jul 22, 2013
    best game ever, balanced heroes, no pay to win all you pay for is cosmetics, not only this but games are exhilterating and isnt about farming

it blows crappy league of legends out of the water
  89. Nov 9, 2013
    Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband! Gaem Alive! Volvo Reband!
  90. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide.
    NO New Heroes.
    NO Normal matchmaking system.
    NO Rank system.
    NO Communication from developers with the players.
    Only hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, HATS AND HATS!
  91. Nov 9, 2013
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this game, but both games are compleatly different. Its like comparing COD and Battlefield, they are so different that connot be compared. (no preference on either game, I think bot of them are good) Give this game a try, the learning curve is very steep but it is rewarding when you learn. I think this is the best gave valve has ever developed and has been the most played game on steam ever since the second year of beta development. Try it out, its free and badass! Expand
  92. Nov 2, 2013
    The people rating this game 0 are incredibly childish and I must admit I'm ashamed to be considered a part of the same community as them. I'm disappointed about there being no Diretide as well, but it really doesn't matter and definitely doesn't call for such an immature move as this one. For anyone seriously looking at the reviews this is a great game, but as you can tell does have a fairly large amount of idiots. You aren't likely to run into them now as if they're as pissed as they seem they'll leave the game; Hopefully for good. Expand
  93. Jul 28, 2013
    DotA Allstars, a real time strategy game with some RPG/Fantasy elements, the most successful and competitive Warcraft III mod, now has it's own game. Nothing has changed in the gameplay, it's all the same as the original DotA, only with a much better game structure, engine, graphics, customizable controls, matchmaking system, etc.

It is not an easy game to master, with over 100 heroes
    and a lot of different strategies to learn, but Valve has done a good job introducing new players to Dota 2. There are several tutorials within the game, along with item, hero and strategy guides, and you can play with 4 other people against a team of bots to practice your skills.

But if you can't take the challenge, try League of Legends, a DotA ripoff designed for casual players.
  94. Nov 7, 2013
    NO Diretide NO New Hero NO Updates NO Normal matchmaking system New updates is new sets and tickets New updates is new sets and tickets New updates is new sets and tickets
  95. Nov 1, 2013
    Hello! I am not a complete retard who isn't anally devastated because he didn't get a gamemode that he wasn't promised and then proceeds to ruin the positive score on his favorite game's Metacritic. Dota 2 is fun!
  96. Aug 28, 2013
    This is my first MOBA and I have to say it's pretty fun. The community can be a little harsh if you're part of "Facebook culture" and not used to the Wild West-y parts of the internet, but if you have a thick skin and learn fast it can be really fun. Those who are comfortable with a little trash talk will be fine.

It's a cash shop F2P with absolutely no pay to win. What's not to love
    about that?

Seems a little imbalanced, but that's the kind of thing that can be fixed.
  97. Mar 22, 2014
    Horribly unbalanced game. Community is full of immature people. Game for people with no lives. Not for a casual video game player. Would not recommend this trash to anyone.
  98. Aug 9, 2013
    Following Valve's success with TF2; Dota 2, the successor to the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of The Ancients is truly free to play in all game content. The only things purchasable in game are cosmetics and tournament passes. Dota 2 is essentially the exact same game as DoTA except that it has been ported to Valve's source engine. The menus and user interface are extremely streamlined and includes tournament integration if there is one in progress.

The game has a harsh learning curve that not everyone will be able to appreciate. But, it is highly rewarding once you learn the game. The community is not nearly as toxic as other reviewers are trying to make it out to be. Most of these reviewers are probably overly sensitive people to begin with. The community that I've been exposed to may be slightly elitist, but that's to be expected from a game with this competitive nature and learning curve. However, although elitist most of the players are willing to give advice and help out if they are asked to. Don't let one toxic player ruin your experience of this amazing game.

The game is smooth, tightly integrated, stays true to its predecessor, and has possibly the best matchmaking system of any MOBA to date. If you're a fan of the genre and want a challenge then this is the game to be playing. If not, then look elsewhere.
  99. Nov 8, 2013

Lesson is learned people, it's a time to calm down and rejoice. Now, let's return our Dota a well deserved 9.3 user rating :D
  100. Jul 18, 2013
    One of the best multiplayer games of all time and it's FREE. Much better than League of Legends, all heroes are FREE and it's deeper and more complex. Very steep learning curve, may be too hard for the average Call of Duty casual gamer.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.