6.4

1. Jul 30, 2013
    I was not too impressed by this game. I am a big fan of the old DOTA, and also HON. It feels like you have constant lag in this game, and the graphic ain't that much to praise. No this is a no go, I rather go play DOTA 1 to be completely honest.
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is not designed to be successful. It is still designed with the "custom game" mentality of the original: it is not one that seems to even WANT to have a large player base. That said, it is an improved version of the original and fun when things go your way if you stick around long enough.

Let me elaborate on my statement that it is not designed to be successful: the learning curve is steep, and painful, even for those who are very familiar with the genre. Until you are at a high competitive level, once you are down you stay down. There are many champions that are very strong against new players that are not very good at all at higher levels of play very anti-fun mechanics leave you muttering and wishing to give up, which is not an option until your opponents choose to end the game, no matter how far behind you are.

The lack of protection for new players does allow for more fun and wild champion design, but may not be worth the price. The community remains nearly as toxic as the original, and when you can choose to play a champion that is permanently invisible or can dash across the map and stun you for the entire time it takes to kill you, this isn't surprising.
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. ValveDota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks.Dota was awesome. Valve sucks. Expand
  4. Nov 1, 2013
    Very impressive presentation of features that are currently in the game, but that isn't what DotA is about. Despite the decade old engine, the original DotA on Warcraft 3 provides a better gaming experience because Valve does not care about Dota 2. It is clear that no Valve employee cares about Dota 2 at all, because there has been no expansion of gameplay features provided by Valve.Very impressive presentation of features that are currently in the game, but that isn't what DotA is about. Despite the decade old engine, the original DotA on Warcraft 3 provides a better gaming experience because Valve does not care about Dota 2. It is clear that no Valve employee cares about Dota 2 at all, because there has been no expansion of gameplay features provided by Valve. Matchmaking is atrocious. It takes far too long to find a game and puts players of completely different skill levels in the same game. There is no leaver prevention, as one simply makes a new account to circumvent the quality protection features. Addition of game impacting content has slowed to the point where the last meaningful update occurred four months ago. Valve refuses to divulge any information of future developments, and bugs are left in the game for years. Valve refuses to communicate with the playerbase on any matter, while the regular content updates include micro transaction cosmetics and nothing more. There is no incentive to be competitive in this competitive game. Dota 2 is a good game if you are a professional Chinese Dota player and Gaben will personally donate money to you to play it, but otherwise it's not a special moba experience. Expand
  5. Nov 2, 2013
    last time not good update, only items. no event like a dire tide greeviling. VOLVO Disband VOLVO Disband VOLVO Disband VOLVO Disband VOLVO Disband VOLVO Disband
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    NO New Hero
    NO Updates
    NO Normal matchmaking system
    New updates is new sets and tickets
    ༼ Valve GivE DIRETIDE
    ༼ ̿Valvr GivE DIRETIDE
    ༼ Valve GivE DIRETIDE
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    6.79.

Game is amazing, though the lack of communication or any sort of reasoning behind the huge changes they continuously put in sucks.
    Still 1000x better then LoL as a game, though im starting to hate valve as much as riot.
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    no new heroes, bad server, chaotic, terrible, ridiculous matching system tons of unfixed bugs, but vavle is still sparing no efforts to update hats. Dota was a epic game, but dota2 seriously disappoints us
  9. Nov 2, 2013
    Firstly.what i want to say is to kick the f***ing agent (PERFECTWORLD) ass in CHINA,since from April this year after the open beta for DOTA2,agents almost did not do effective propaganda ,and the store has only open less 1 day,now the server is stuck almost every night.
    I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF IT...............
    You may see I m a CHINESE,sure,and of course i m not good in English (haven't
    I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF IT...............
    You may see I m a CHINESE,sure,and of course i m not good in English (haven't pass CET6 :D .the second is told to Volvo(throw your hats) ....i WII always expect goblin tech, Icarus ,Terrorblade,Tresdin(whether is's male or female),i want new heroes,balanced skills and good matchmaking,The 4 points for my lost enthusiasm for dota1( Timeless classic)
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 is a pretty good game, but does not balance. It is practically just about to pick better things therefore discourages beginners. Also in the game pile of game elements, but there isn´t good instruction which severely impairs comprehension. Expand
  11. Nov 15, 2013
    Dota 2 have:
    1) Laggy server
    2) Bad community
    3) useless report system
    4) now we cant play cuz the servers explotes!
    5) serious support problems
    6) valve dont realize about that problems
  12. Nov 20, 2013
    the community is trash, there is not rating, or anything that help you not to be paired with "noobs" (LOL has this i believe) and HoN definitely has it, so yeah, valve is more worried about selling sets and stuff for heroes and make money instead of improving the game
  13. Nov 29, 2013
    It's a good game yes (ignore the community issues), but I don't enjoy it much when the server connection lost everyday. I'm not sure if they are doing are good job out there, I mean you can update a new ingame-items but maintaining the server? Come on Gabe don't just suck our money
  14. Dec 3, 2013
    Metascore 90?!!!! Who are the those metacritics? I don't lknow. Prob suck-balls-nerds. Dota 2 sucks ass. After the patch #6.79 I deleted this Valve sucks ass. You are all stupid if you are still playing this sucked--from-ass-****.
  15. Dec 5, 2013
    When I decided to give this a try, I was already aware of its infamous reputation for being harmful. All of the negative rumors you hear are true. It will make the most friendly of people aggressively competitive, while ignoring the game's extremely low fun factor.

Dota 2 is bad.
  16. Dec 26, 2013
    Abusive and annoying community. Very basic game. Character design and image is very minimal and adds now really feel to them. You need a very good PC to run the game properly and smoothly, despite the graphics looking dated.

Try other MMOBAs before returning to this one.
  17. Apr 4, 2014
    Poor match making system that puts players in games where there is no way to win because of a giant gap in skill level as well as counter picking in the most played mode 'All Pick.' It leads to frustrating games where no one has fun, not being able to do anything. If you are deciding between LoL or DotA 2, go to LoL. I've only played it a couple times but no one I know complains about itPoor match making system that puts players in games where there is no way to win because of a giant gap in skill level as well as counter picking in the most played mode 'All Pick.' It leads to frustrating games where no one has fun, not being able to do anything. If you are deciding between LoL or DotA 2, go to LoL. I've only played it a couple times but no one I know complains about it as much as DotA 2. The community is very toxic as well, no one is helpful. Expand
  18. Jun 23, 2014
    Community is horrendous and Valve has no clue what to do or how to fix it. Million Russians are playing on EU servers, they don't know how to play, they won't listen, they don't speak English and they don't care when they destroy match. They simply flame you, report you and go on to next match.
  19. Jul 11, 2014
    Dota 2, the game advertised as hard, awesome and good by it's fans. I played the fancy new tutorial, it taught me nothing. I played a bot game, it taught me nothing. I played against players, it taught me the following:

- You need to tell everyone when someone exists your screen, they can't look it up from their minimap. - Call everyone feeder while having most deaths - Spam league

- Call everyone feeder while having most deaths
    - Spam league forums about how skillcap Dota 2 is.
    - Last hitting is very easy
    - Gold is easily gained
    - Snowballing is super fast and strong, games can be decided by any lane just by getting killed 2 times.

Overall pretty average game, graphics are nice and stuff. But the real thing is, it's not that hard game. Sure learning 90 champions is hard, but if i can find figure out most of the stuff in 20minutes that my team was getting beaten, anyone can do it.

My first pvp game was a flamefest, i did not call an missing player and my team died to him....3 times in row for a double kill. Then i was the person with mental issues, i'm feeding and should go back to League. While still holding more farm, less deaths and more income than my team that composed of players who had much more hours in the game than i did (less than 3). MatchMaking sucks as bad as Riot's, even worse i might add. Every player in my pvp games has experience with the game that i don't. So i'll check the game out in 6 months or so again to see what they done with it. Prolly nothing.

Short version:

- Requires more skill than league. [ ] Yes [x] NO
    - Full of A-Holes. [x] Yes [ ] NO
    - Overhyped and boring [x ] Yes [] NO
    - Lucky Valve has other quality game under their name [x] Yes [x] Yes

Don't buy anything in this game until you are sure it's good.
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    While I think PvP can be nice and that the graphics of Dota 2 are great for the style ...
    I don't like this kind of game (MOBA), here is why :

- Boring : click click click ... next ... (repetitive)
    - There’s too much going on (chaos)
    - God view is not immersive
    - It looks like it's made for kids
    - First Person Shooters feel much more immersive, challenging (skill based) and fun
  21. Jul 30, 2013
    Background: I'm a big Dota gamer since Dota1, played Dota2 for 1k++ games since beta till launching
    + much more balanced hero compared to dota1 + more distributed hero usage compared to dota1 + active community + incredible concept of changing appearances with customize clothings etc Negative: - horrible communities that focus only on "winning", if you make a
    + much more balanced hero compared to dota1
    + more distributed hero usage compared to dota1
    + active community
    + incredible concept of changing appearances with customize clothings etc
    - horrible communities that focus only on "winning", if you make a mistake/newbie then you'll get horrible f*** words. I pity new people who join the game. The game is no longer game for fun.
    - horrible matchmaking, you won't get matched with people similar with your skill. So the game will be very unbalanced for the player skills. You can play 8 games and get straight win because the enemies are too weak, and likewise.
    - reports are not thouroughly analyzed. Example: 4 party team me (outsider). They died and kept feeding, I advice them with really polite and gentle words, they are pissed because they lose, they report, I get muted (because they're 4 people reports versus me alone).
    - too many pauses to wait people with horrible connections, 1 game minimum a 5-10 minutes pauses (of total 30-40 minutes of game play 30% of your time waiting people to reconnect)
    - no give-up for "too obvious" game that you will lose, making the game boring
  22. Aug 4, 2013
    I started playing this coming from League of Legends since I wanted to try something new. I highly do not recommend this game unless you know what it is going into it, it is extremely unfriendly to new users and you will probably get flamed every game even bot games. If you do play or have played DOTA 1, I recommend it since it is a nice improvement on the original. If you play/playedI started playing this coming from League of Legends since I wanted to try something new. I highly do not recommend this game unless you know what it is going into it, it is extremely unfriendly to new users and you will probably get flamed every game even bot games. If you do play or have played DOTA 1, I recommend it since it is a nice improvement on the original. If you play/played League of Legends, DOTA 2 will probably get you to start playing League of Legends again as it did for me. While most people think the simplified stats make it easier, I find that it just means if your primary stat is intelligence, you're getting screwed late game.

Pros:
    - Very in-depth for this type of game and the champion interaction is refreshing.
    - In-game graphics are a lot better than League of Legends and the client loads significantly faster.
    - Truly Free to play since you don't need to unlock champions with any game currency or what not.
    - In-game voice chat works well most of the time, although the sensitivity slider has been very buggy.
    - Made me appreciate League of Legends more.

Cons:
    - Community is the worst since... well... ever...
    - The game has a ridiculously steep learning curve and is painful to climb.
    - Every champion is overpowered at first so that no thought has to be put into balancing, then late game anyone that relies on abilities gets the shaft since they don't scale with your stats.
    - Turrets hardly seem to do any damage and I've seen turret dives at very early levels.
    - Losing gold upon death just means you are even further behind then before making the game quickly snowball in the winning team's favor.
    - Denying minions and turrets is also aggravating as heck when you are short on gold.
    - Only one map and one mode.
    - League of Legends has Runes and Masteries, while not very powerful alone, they do add a lot of customization that dota 2 needs since the only customization at the moment is purely aesthetic.
    - The camera sucks... period. It never zooms back far enough so you end up having to take focus off of your character just to auto-attack.
    - Roaming the map is annoying at times since trees are misleading upon which you can walk through and which you can't.

Overall: If you played DOTA 1 and loved it, play DOTA 2. If you have never played DOTA or even LoL, try League of Legends first.
  23. Aug 6, 2013
    I've tried it quite a bit. Gave it a fair chance. Not impressed.

Pros: - It's a MOBA challenging addictive. - Very good user interface outside of the game. Cons: - Chaotic compared to other MOBAs (can't even tell what's passable terrain). - Too few improvements over the Warcraft 3 engine DOTA. - Crappy community. - No solo ranking system. - Extremely unbalanced. - Matches
    I've tried it quite a bit. Gave it a fair chance. Not impressed.

Pros:
    - It's a MOBA challenging addictive.
    - Very good user interface outside of the game.

Cons:
    - Chaotic compared to other MOBAs (can't even tell what's passable terrain).
    - Too few improvements over the Warcraft 3 engine DOTA.
    - Crappy community.
    - No solo ranking system.
    - Extremely unbalanced.
    - Matches are almost exclusively decided in 10 minutes, yet you have to player longer and finish the one-sided match.
  24. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I play dota 1 for 10 years. dota 2 is a very bad copy of the game mechanics are good but lacks a system for calculating statistics more detailed (had to implement by taking example from the game server dota 1 dotalicious, the absolute best ever!). Because the statistics are not carefully considered in all respects, and the games are not properly balanced, some players are ridiculous. It also lacks a system of more detailed report of the moderators and active (arrive ban for no reason).
    A report must be done according to minutes of the game (by checking the replay) and not because a player is annoying you. There is also lack of statistical reports received to check if the player is a recidivist. The reports received must remain on the listing so you can avoid some player. It lacks the ability to swap heroes! The objects to buy are thrown bulk (strength, intelligence, agility, support, all at once!). The break is ridiculous anyone can resume the game (there dovrebber be guaranteed a break of 30 seconds and extendable from your allies than 30 seconds each with a command to the need), usable only once, and the possibility of reactivating only by those who has begun the game break.
    Overall, in short, is a real disappointment I was hoping to find (after closing dotalicious), a game of dota competent, accurate, instead I find myself with a child's play ...
    Truly awful in everything!!
  25. Sep 26, 2013
    A great game till you play online.... PUGs are just impossible to win more than 1 in 10 fights, so unless your in a pre-set group your not going to win, which is a shame, because I can see how it would be a lot of fun in a well matched fight.
  26. Oct 9, 2013
    Repetitive, but that's for some reason what a lot of people like. Although there are indeed dozens of heroes to choose from, in my opinion the game gets... boring. Not only that, but to actually PLAY the game without being called a "feeder" you have to play with bots for a week. And heck, I don't like that! I want to jump in the game immediately and have fun, not get swarmed by objectivesRepetitive, but that's for some reason what a lot of people like. Although there are indeed dozens of heroes to choose from, in my opinion the game gets... boring. Not only that, but to actually PLAY the game without being called a "feeder" you have to play with bots for a week. And heck, I don't like that! I want to jump in the game immediately and have fun, not get swarmed by objectives I have no idea on what to do, or terms I have no idea what they mean. Also, it's just dull... the game takes forever to start in the first place and combat is rather boring. In general, though critics say "superb", I say "whatever". Expand
  27. Nov 1, 2013
    If I Could base my review on game play and replay ability i would give dota 2 a 10/10 but then again how hard is it to recreate an already perfect game. The main issues with dota 2 are mainly developer related.

I have been playing dota for almost 2 years now and the community has been extremely vocal about the features and aspects they really want to see in the game, yet NOTHING has been implemented accompanied with absolutely no communication from valve or the dota 2 developers. For the past few months the main content of this game has been nothing but hats and cosmetic items, this wouldn't be an issue IF the game had the features it really needs but, they are not there and there is no sign of them ever being implemented.

Now out of Beta, dota 2 Still has absolutely no competitive aspect for the general player, there is no ranked games no ladder no MMR system absolutely NOTHING, not only does this result in terrible match making but the game seems to become stale. This feature is an integral part of EVERY succesful competitive game at the moment yet valve chose to ignore it which is a massive mistake in my opinion.

Additionally there are no ingame stats, and basically absolutely no reward for playing the game anymore. It seems as if valve have adopted the idea that hats and cosmetics will keep the community happy without improving the game.

As a result of this most of the community has become complacent and annoyed especially with the recent situation of valve choosing to not implement a Halloween event that had been there in the past without notifying the community.

I do believe Valve are falling short when it comes the the competitive aspect of DOTA and have turned it more into a fashion boutique. In the end if u are looking for a game to show off your items and have some casual fun then dota is the game for you otherwise i would suggest a game like League( As much as it upsets me to say that)
  28. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Garbage MM
    Garbage report system
    horrible attitude to players
    And TY for Diretide 2013!
    No communication with the community from Valve. No new hero in more than 3 months only hats and more hats to make more money. Disband Volvo please.
  29. Nov 2, 2013
    Jus big Developers are behaving horribly. Their unconscionable behavior of players outrageously. First they promise something and then just show big 2 community. The game is not masterpiece 2: updates coming Very not regular; Bad servers; and much VERY much of bags(that appear after updates)
  30. Nov 2, 2013
    diretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretidediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide givediretide Expand

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.