6.3

1. Jul 8, 2014
    MOBA is a terrible genre name, but that being said, this is easily the best of the genre. The most balanced by far with the highest skill ceiling.

Aside from the gameplay, Valve does a great job keeping it updated and working, it has one of the best clients i've seen in a multiplayer video game in a while
  2. Jul 7, 2014
    Never In my entire life have I witnessed a worse community revolving around a video-game than the one that is to be found in Dota 2. The players are: Egotistic, ego centric, unsporting, aggressive, hostile, uncaring, mean, mistrusting, immature, callous, apathetic and incredibly pretentious while at every loss prompting everyone inside the current game to "Report player X" if someone on their team was even remotely new to the game or did any other action not sanctified by them, be it going in what lane you want, not purchasing courier/wards or simply just had an unlucky run/getting cross-classed. Along with being completely miserable to be around, they frequently never speak the language in the region you're playing and nowhere else is this more apparent when russian is spammed into the chat at all times on European zones from 3 different sources at once. And if people do know English, trolling is nothing short but assured from all directions to all teams.

Second biggest problem with this game would be the elitist mindset that orbits anyone that has played this atrocious game for more than a couple of hours. Any behavior that breaks the typical dota 2's hardcore player routine of buying tango, healing salve and iron branches, perhaps with some boots of speed if they're feeling adventurous will result in a wave of F-bombs, intentional feeding, votes of surrender, spam prompts to report player X and disconnecting users as far as the eye can see. I even had cases where players left the game because some guy forgot to buy a courier at the start of the game. And that's me overlooking the fact that killstealing off your TEAMMATES is considered average behavior/a common tactic. In LoL, you can even report people for "being unskilled". As in, anyone. Even if they're level 1.To put it bluntly, MOBA's like dota 2 give out a special kind of disgusting behavior that makes me feel physically ill for very good reasons.

Coming close to problem number 2 is the third epic fail problem of this game. The match-making in Dota 2. Broken, poorly thought through and executed horribly. You are prompted to select a variety of regions before initiating the match-making system and the more regions you have selected, the less waiting time..

Which begs the question, what is the point with the regional system if you're just gonna encourage people to sign up for all regions? The end result will be that nobody sticking to their geographical zones and not only causes frustration in the form of people trying to communicate and chat with eachother in the chat as described above but also disallows any kind of vocal / text tactical communication since everyone does not speak the same language. In all honestly, this game is overloaded with issues just like this and I would be able to overlook this particular embarassing design-flop if it wasn't for the actual hard functionality of the MM as well being broken. The scenario on where 4-5 organized people in a group, all sitting in ventrilo/teamspeak while packing thousands of hours in Dota 2 each have a very likely possibility to be "teamed" up against new players with less than 10 hours with no complaints from the match-making system (even if there is a very large queue) throws out any chance of that. This happens particulary often if you decide to try the game out with a friend or two which leaves me with yet another question: The purpose of match-making was to find equally skilled opponents. So why is this even remotely possible? Team-based games with a mandatory MM are supposed to be fair. Not Tyrannosaurus rex VS a duckling. I'm reluctant to say that Dota 2 even has a match-making at all once you look at all the facts.

Even with all these problems, I could actually see myself overlooking them at a certain time during a year due to the sheer amount of possible combinations in this game with heroes & items and the addictive quality the game has if it wasn't for all the other flaws.

The commitment to play DotA MOBA's however, is the biggest flaw of them all that this game inhibits. It changes whoever plays the game as a person. For the worse. Why? Because the game inhibits "addictive" qualities similar with that of jamming needles full with endorphin into your spine every half hour. It's painful, it hurts your emotional stability, it hurts you as a person and it hurts the people around you and for what? A small kick of pleasure/self satisfaction as you managed to win a fundamentally unbalanced game with an emphasis on gank above all else due to chance or otherwise pre-meditated "pubstomping"? Not worth it in so many ways since at the end of the day, Dota 2 will never be fully balanced because Valve will be split between tournament-balances and casual or the "normal" version of the game while repeatedly adding more and more content in the form of heroes.

I could keep on going with design flop after design flop but at the end of the day, this game is not worth anyone's time or dedication.
  3. Jul 6, 2014
    The game used to be great, from the original DotA on Warcraft III to the beginnings of DotA 2 on Steam. Then, like a light, someone flipped the switch. The game that used to be about teamwork turned in to "Puta", "comment me" and "REPORT". The language barrier that has been erected is stronger than the 14 old year kids urges who play this. If you speak English, and would like to play with English speaking players, find 5 of them and play together. Otherwise you will only play with the aforementioned 'REPORTS'.
    They are so close to fixing the problem... They added these little nifty check boxes for who you want to play with. Check English if you want to play with English players, so on and so forth. The problem is, if you check English, Spanish, Russian etc. all at the same time, the myth is that you get a faster que time.
    Then there's the reporting system. If you have a teammate that wants to feed, report him. That way he'll be in your next game for sure to feed some more.
    The bottom line is, if you want a game where you can't understand a single thing your team is saying 80% of the time, play DotA 2. If you want a game where the s**t heads of the community are no longer punished, play DotA 2. If you want feelings similar to an endless pit of dread, accompanied by questioning your life choices, play DotA 2...

2k+ hours of it and I'm through...
  4. Jul 6, 2014
    10/10 Best language learning tool EVER. Makes Rosetta Stone look like a JOKE. Available in Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and every language in the European Union.
  5. Jul 4, 2014
    Great game with great balance completely tainted by one of the most toxic communities out there and horrible matchmaking to give you inescapable losing struggles.
  6. Jul 2, 2014
    Best MOBA there is. Graphics are much better than it's competitors (LoL), it's not full of 9 year olds (LoL), it's not pay to win (LoL), and it doesnt take 3 3rd party DRMs to play (LoL). It may be hard at first, but it gets easier.

Also $10,000,000 international prizepool.
  7. Jul 2, 2014
    the best game in the world... "One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay." nuff said
  8. Jul 1, 2014
    The MOBA that every gamer should try for at least a few hours. DoTA is nearly ten years old and is the wisest of all the MOBAs. Each hero is playable and competitive and patches are carefully balanced on buffs and nerfs. Heroes aren't nerfed for being the flavor of the month and are still competitive after getting nerfed a wee bit.
  9. Jul 1, 2014
    I'm sure my humble review will never get paid attention to, but I feel like I know the game fairly good being a player starting from 2007 to now. I have seen the lobbies of eurobattle.net, 5.84b crawled with bugs, and played on custom servers for different regions.

All I have to say is Valve has ruined the game ruining the lobby mechanics with a broken matchmaking system, linking
    players who are completely different by language and region to play a competitive game where every player's mistake is punished heavily by the game mechanics.

Back in the day when people had a set username, you used to carry your reputation around also having a network of players you used to play with from chat channels. This is very important since you can have balanced matches with people in your region or your interest in custom made lobbies that you HAVE TO use in order to play.

The current situation is you end up playing with adolescent kids who can't speak a word of english nor know the game, even in "high" brackets at 4-5k MMR. They can ruin your gaming experience and leave without a punishment, lowering your MMR thus pulling you down to play with players exactly like him.

I can't stand the game I grew up playing is ruined by this so called "community" oriented company who only uses this game to just milk money out of people. They are not interested in making a better game, they are interested in one thing and one thing only, making PROFITS.
  10. Jun 30, 2014
    i have to pay for it to rain! its so **** **** why do i have to pay for rain.

_________________.---.______
    .___.'. .'.___. o Y o / __ __/ /
    '.__'-'__.'
    '''
  11. Jun 30, 2014
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give RAIN Expand
  12. Jun 30, 2014
    After over 1500 hours of playing DOTA 2 over multiple accounts I can say without a doubt that this "game" is just straight out bad -- its free price tag and artificial addiction are its only redeeming qualities. Valve actually enforces a forced 50% win ratio upon all its users making improvement and illusion, making it so that its users stay hooked playing lies in an attempt to maximize its chances at selling overpriced cosmetic items of which profits go directly to everything but updates with actual content. The game refuses to enforce region lock time and time again despite its players asking for a system to fix the Rosetta Stone advertising virus that is its Third World trolls of which are directly responsible for the unchecked rampant racism throughout the community that by the way is already dangerously toxic to begin with. Those with depression be warned, suicide and every other available insult will be mentioned as a means to fester negative feelings in its new and/or bad players as a means to repel you from this "game". The means to report this cyberbullying is unfortunately also an illusion as action comes once in a blue moon. It should be noted that balance does not exist to counter RAT-DOTA (split pushing without committing to team fights) and a means to surrender in a match does not exist despite the rampant smurfing (experienced players in new alternative accounts) in game. Do not be fooled by the paid reviews and spammed 10 point Diretide reviews people, this "game" will only waste your time, fun will be nonexistent after your first few good games and addiction will set in quickly forcing you to eventually buy useless pixels and suffer through countless bad matches for one good game that never seems to be enough -- as planned of course by the hired psychologist and higher-ups in Valve. Expand
  13. Jun 28, 2014
    AS a dota 2 player of to years this game is **** because of the matchmaking they force you to play with some unhumain retards the MMR system is a joke and that's why league of legends is better
  14. Jun 27, 2014
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽ つ VOLVO PLEASE

It is important to note that we have been in constant communication with Valve from the very beginning. We have kept them informed of our situation and Era’s recovery progress, however slow it has been. Valve consistently stated that those five players that were originally invited to play (namely, Fly, N0tail, Era, Trixi, H4nn1) remain the five players expected
    to be present in Seattle.

Don't mess with Fnatic fans. Era is sick, but Valve is dick.
  15. Jun 27, 2014
    Hello Valve, I am quite shocked with recent news that Fnatic will be disqualified if they are not able to play with Era. This is truly unfortunate as this is not a choice of players or the management, this is a concern of Era's health and wellbeing. I do not understand why the 4 remaining members of the team should be prevented/stopped from reaching their dream because of a health issue that they have no control over. These players have been practicing day in and day out and should not be disqualified for playing with Excalibur who has proved to be a stand out player in his own right. Hopefully, there is a reassessment of this situation as so many Fnatic fans will be upset/disappointed if they don't see their favorite team participating at TI. There's likely hundreds of fans that have bought plane tickets, hotel tickets, and TI tickets to be able to meet Fnatic members and cheer their team on. Especially considering the fact that EG was able to put Mason as a stand in for Fear, it seems unfair towards Fnatic for not being able to do the same. Cheers Expand
  16. Jun 26, 2014
    gioco di merda..................................................................................................................................................
  17. Jun 25, 2014
    Easily the best MOBA on the market. Takes the most skill and patience to excel in the game beyond an amateur level. The people who speak against this game for the most part have not taken the lengthy time it takes to actually enjoy it. This is not by no means for a casual gamer. The gaming graphics are far superior to LOL, HON and Dawngate. I'm not downplaying those other game, but this is my opinion. The reason I like this game more than the other MOBA's is because of the difficulty. Expand
  18. Jun 23, 2014
    Community is horrendous and Valve has no clue what to do or how to fix it. Million Russians are playing on EU servers, they don't know how to play, they won't listen, they don't speak English and they don't care when they destroy match. They simply flame you, report you and go on to next match.
  19. Jun 17, 2014
    DotA2 is very much a mixed bag. They did a fairly good port regarding graphics, aesthetics and general feeling of DotA1 is in there. The game is wonderful when you get into a good game, with opponents and team mates equal of your skill. However, the game is a horrible experience when you don't. And that's the main problem of DotA2. This game has almost 0 infrastructure to support it, to get you into those good games.

The most important part, the matchmaking, is utterly horrible and doesn't deliver. Also its is so non-transparent that its impossible to know anything about your game before hand. Valve doesn't seem to care about this which is very problematic. Because without a good drafting the MOBA genre is a horrible experience which degenerates quickly into a flame fest stomp which just sucks.

Also it lacks ranked play and a way to distinguish they players who are out for a casual experience or others that want a competitive approach to DotA. Putting these two types of play styles together always results in a flame fest. Valve has not solved this. And the flame fest is probably what will alienate new players from the game genre. Valve hasn't put in a adequate system to handle this. The report system they have installed is rather used to report bad play than flame fest which, of course, further will alienate new players.
  20. Jun 16, 2014
    I enjoy Dota 2 but the biggest problem is matchmaking. I have over 1300 hours played and my win ratio is 51% (Yes, i win over half of my games but it's really annoying when i get a 10 lose streak because lack of communication in my team or that the enemy skill level is far higher than my teams. My teammates are like first timers most of the time and the enemies are professionals compared to them. I didn't play for almost a year because i got tired of people that are noobs or either some Russians who shout: SUUUKA BLYAD IDI NAHUI I **** YOUR MOTHER NOOB. I play on EU servers with language set as English but over half of the games i play, i can't understand anything my teammates say. Expand
  21. Jun 13, 2014
    I think the game itself is fun but its not for people who are new to gaming cause, while it may sound good, all characters are free which is overwhelming and the tutorial doesn't give you much help. I'm a big fan of LOL so i thought that Dota 2 is an easy to understand game but even i was confused. Although the graphics / platform are better looking, I would say LOL is more. ( LOL is also gonna upgrade the graphics to a much better state next season so if you like better graphics both games are actually the same, LOL is just a bit late.) Expand
  22. Jun 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 é simplesmente o melhor jogo em estilo MOBA. Interface gráfica muito bem desenvolvida, jogabilidade excelente e boa conexão com a comunidade. E com o sistema anti-trapaça da VAC. Expand
  23. Jun 7, 2014
    OK, I have never written a review on here before but couldn't let this incredible game get such bad reviews! No it does not take 15 Million hours to be able to play, watch a few tips videos and have a go! I have played 20 games, won 9 lost 11 so pretty much down the middle. It is the most enthralling game I have ever played so, the map never changes, it doesn't in chess, It's a strategy game, enjoy it for what it is and if you haven't already, you really should give it a go! Expand
  24. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is for old DOTA players, not friendly at all to newbie. But it's a lot of fun. The game improved a lot fo stuff from the original DOTA, and making the game play super fluent. Skills and experience are important. Players can enjoy the games for a very long time, and never get the feeling of repetition.
  25. Jun 5, 2014
    I may not the the biggest fan of this game. But sorry for saying, the idiots who spammed with 0s and "diretide" really pity me. I want to give at least this 10 of mine to fix the curve maybe a tiny bit...
  26. Jun 5, 2014
    Best game i've ever played!!
    And it's also addictive as hell, I've played it for more than 1600 hours and I still have many things to learn and increase, love this game!!
  27. Jun 5, 2014

28. Jun 4, 2014
    After 200 hours i got bored. Maybe I don't like the moba genre. You only have fun if you win. So 50% fun and 50% not fun, especially on a losing streak. This is a very repetitive game. You play on the same map all the time. There is no point in leveling, you don't unlock anything cool. It just gives a treasure box. Winning mmr and then you lose all the mmr you gained, it feels like you wasted your time. Dota 2 needs more maps, game modes, and custom games. Expand
  29. Jun 2, 2014
    I really wish this piece of crap never exists. It split DotA community apart, it ruin all the old connections and fun (you cant play with great players anymore - they are all in dota2, trying to win some money). The game itself is not even REMOTELY close as good as DotA Allstars was, it has terrible graphics, models, sound, interface, everything is basically piece of ****
    Valve will never
    be able to create such animations, models and sound like there were in godly Warcraft 3. I cant even watch at this trash game, not even playing it. SF is just some black ugly goat face something, puck looks and speaks like **** storm spirit is a fat ugly mexican **** again, etc. All sounds is terrible, rune notifications is worse than terrible.

Game went fully casual, mindless item management and stupid clothes is a proof.
    Report system is prevent you to enjoy this game (like you ever could?). Doing some other_than_in_guide_starting_item_set? Here you go, mass report from stupid retards that mostly play this game. Carrying your team solo? Get reported as frag stealer from 9 noobs - 5 enemies that sucked whole game because why not, and 4 idiots from your team, because from their idiotic point, you are the one who steal their kills and ruined their game! So with a score of 38-7 and whole team with 0-22 you end up getting reported.

I actually stopped playing even allstars, because this noob teams in moba games is a disaster. They ruin all the fun, they ruin your games. But now all 9 year kids went from allstars to dota2, because it has cute shiny graphics and clothes, set clothes, holy **** So allsters will be probably better place to stay, playing with people who really love the first initial great moba is great.
  30. Jun 1, 2014
    Yes this game is hard to learn. yes people can be rather aggressive. yes it is possibly the best multiplayer experience I've ever had and yes once you play at least 10 games you'll be hooked. I try to play at least one game a day and have been doing so for months and don't plan on stopping. Give the game a chance (more like 5) and I guarantee that you'll see why its the most played game on steam. be prepared to be dumbfounded as to why you were playing anything else.

also a side note: the games free. steam is free. the only thing u have to lose from giving it a try is alil self respect in the beginning. but don't worry after one game where u actually do really good you'll feel like a million bucks.
  31. May 31, 2014
    At first I sucked and then I sucked some more but game by game I slowly got a hold of how to play. From frustrating to thoroughly enjoyable in about 3 and a half matches. Completely free to play, there is a cash shop but it seems to me it's only for skins and costumes.

If you are on the fence as I was just get the game it's free and play through four matches after that you will start
    getting some kills and each hero is an entirely new game. Expand
  32. May 30, 2014
    un buen juego las personas que opinan mal sobre este juego, son fracasados ya que este juego es duro y para los facilistas es mejor que no lo instalan, el dota no se se aprende con 5 partidasm este juego se aprende con los años, entonces este juego es unos de los mejor y no como otros por hay que parecen cuentos de adas ; )
  33. May 30, 2014
    Most addictive competitive game ever made. Thought I'd throw in a rating because of the storm of 1/10's from the "LOL GIVE DIRETIDE HAHA XD EPIC MEE MEE" incident.
  34. May 29, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played. These is so much depth to the gameplay that comes into play each game- positioning, item choice, farming, team composition, etc.
    Not an easy game to get into and far from simple to master, but very satisfying. 10/10 been playing for a year and will likely continue to play for a long time.
  35. May 28, 2014
    This is the OG of Moba's. The depth of this game puts it on a level far about the Moba's that have come after it. If you want true Moba immersion Dota 2 is the game you want.
  36. May 28, 2014
    Hey, you, yeah you! The completely innocent and kind person looking at this review!
    How would you like to turn into a raging, heroin-addicted, poor excuse for a human?!
    I think I know the answer! Of course you do!
    This is the game for you!
    Dota 2 comes with more than just a game! You get a free set of disgusting human morals and disrespect for anything that moves unless it's a cute
    little donkey delivering a bottle. You know what to do then, that enemy Templar Assassin looks thirsty, it's only fair to share your donkey and Shadow Fiends bottle with her!
    Download Dota 2 now!
    *I, All Luck No Skill or Valve corporation is not responsible for any cases of suicide, murder, mental health issues, racist comments, genocide of the Russians or feeding Pudges*
    Russian translator not provided. 10/10
  37. May 25, 2014
    I started playing the original DotA mod on Warcraft 3 around 2006 and that quickly became my most-played game. And, ever since Dota 2 came out in Beta, I've grown even more attached. I love everything about this game. I'm very competitive in nature, and the level of complexity continually leaves me a ton of things to improve on. I know that the steepness of the learning curve can be a turn-off for a lot of people, but it's well worth it, in my opinion. It gives a sense of accomplishment, and there are a lot of resources out there for new players to take advantage of. Furthermore, I think the game has a great pace to it. There is never a dull moment, but, at the same time, it's not physically overwhelming (once you know what other heroes do... to me that's the biggest hurdle. Things seem to fall into place after you've learned that much). Also, the community is actually pretty solid in my opinion. I do think that the massive outpouring of negative reviews on this site is a blemish on the community, but outside of that, I think relative to any other gaming community, Dota's is actually pretty decent, especially at higher MMRs. In addition, for anyone who likes getting items/cosmetics, Dota has an insane amount. I never really cared about anything like that in the past, yet somehow I still find myself buying compendiums and getting excited when I get an items drop. Lastly, the game is pretty well-balanced. To me, that might be the biggest positive. Yes, there are strong heroes, but every single one of them has a counter. There are some that don't always fit the meta, but they all have something unique to offer. I've never in my life experienced that level of depth and balance in any game whatsoever, and I think that makes the replay value infinite. I don't think there is any other game out there that has this level of competition AND depth. Sure there are deep RPGs, for example. And, there are competitive FPSs. But, nothing has the combination quite like Dota. There are other games in the genre that may come close, but even they don't have the same complexity.

In sum, Dota has something for everyone: fun cosmetics, deep gameplay, a good pace, a high degree of competition, and tools to learn the game. 10/10 no doubt. I'm the type of guy who likes to spread my enjoyment among many activities (sports, board games, video games, any random fun stuff) and yet Dota after many years still seems to sit right near the top of things I like to do (and the amount of time I've spent playing it proves it).
  38. May 22, 2014
    ===========
    It may have not started the MOBA gender when it first came out as a custom map for Warcraft 3 in 2003 (because the custom map for StarCraft 1 called Aeons of Strife did that) but it's the KING of
    moba & also the hardest to master. I've played it since late 2009.

My only problem with this game is the low priority thing: you cannot teach players how to behave, Valve. You are definetely not encouraging players to come back with this heavy LP law. People are not bad by nature, don't punish them. In a 45 minute to sometimes over an hour match life could call at any moment: wife pregnant, feeder ruining the game or whatever - people naturally want to leave if there's a problem. You are encouraging bad behaviour actually with LP and let's not mention that people in LP can't leave the game safely if someone else does - remove it entirely.
  39. May 21, 2014
    Who is to say that this game is not great? I would say that if you enjoy planning out attacks and that you are a cunning strategist, then this game is right for you. The strategy behind this game is what makes this game great, I don't know why so many people dislike this game. I think it is because it is not your typical Call of Duty that does nothing but make you angry, where this game actually expands your thought-processing and helps you become a better strategist. I highly recommend playing this great strategy game. Expand
  40. May 17, 2014
    After you get past the learning curve, this game will give you the best PvP adrenaline rush you could possibly want. Great to play with friends and even on your own.
  41. May 17, 2014
    This game is the best MOBA ever. Some peoples says "League Of Legend is better than Dota", but League Of Legend is a copy of Dota (it's my opinion). But we are don't here to discuss about the Dota/League Of Legend fight. I want to say my opinion about Dota 2, and my opinion is very positive ! This game has no limit, you never get bored ! This is so fabulous ! I think Dota has a great future, and will remain for some years a very popular and great game ! Expand
  42. May 15, 2014
    This game started out as creative and innovative, but has since fallen into the trap of moneyhatting. This game is all about making money, and the fans get disregarded. Also, 90% of the players are a$$holes and treat nOObs like $hit, which kind of hurts the game's appeal. Then it updates EVERY DAY. Annoyed, I deleted it.
  43. May 14, 2014
    Great game. Discount the negative reviews. All of them were made by idiots. This game has improved a lot in the 3 years its been available to the public. Amazing voice acting. Amazing visual effects.
  44. May 13, 2014
    DOTA 2 is definitely an improvement from the original in terms of graphics, and accessibility. The gameplay is not much different but there are improvements. There is no story aside from character bios for the different heroes and item explanations. The lack of story and character progression can ultimately make the struggle feel pointless. However, the skill ceiling is extremely high, and the variety of play styles one will encounter ensures that every battle will have different opportunities for successes and failures. These successes and failures can inform the player of correct and incorrect actions that allow the player to improve their ability by learning from them. Expand
  45. May 11, 2014
    This game is so addictive. There are over 50 heroes that you can choose. this game requires skill and good technique to play it. I recommend this game also for new comers. Give this game a try and don't hesitate while playing it and you for sure will love it.
  46. May 9, 2014
    Used to love the game. But valve refuses to implement region locks. They only feel the need to use them when people are capitalizing on their trade system. It seems when the community wants something to alleviate language barriers, they can't even respond to them, but if someone is bartering their games, then they nip it asap. Money hungry pigs.
  47. May 9, 2014
    Valve time and time again has disappointed its userbase now by not releasing its compendium for their grand tournament TI4. It actually pains me to give it such a low score because i tried to believe. But as with diretide they have failed in satisfying its players. This is where League outperforms valve in almost every aspect. And dont even get me started on the server downtimes as well as the LAG. Which in all of my time playing League of Legends, I have never experienced Expand
  48. May 7, 2014
    I've never played a worse game in my entire life. How does something this bad leave the drawing board phase? Valve, get it together. We are waiting for Half-Life 3 for 10 years and you deliver this trash? ...
  49. May 6, 2014
    Please back 6.77 patch, or please back Disassemble and Active for 'Tranquil Boots'
    Please back 6.77 patch, or please back Disassemble and
    Active for 'Tranquil Boots'
  50. May 5, 2014
  51. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. DotA 2 is not a game for a newborn toddler.
    It's a team work.
    It's a passion.
    If you sucks first, lots of my friends did it in 2004 (while in dota1).

There are live (2min delayed) games to watch. Watch pro player do they job. Learn.
    Look dota profile of some best international players, download their game replay. Learn from them and from their mistake.

Some hero best against others and worse against another. That where came plenty of items to choose and skills to build. There are no exact guide line or tutorial to play Dota 2 but this one: destroy enemy ancient.

Some heroes are nuke, high damage but effective on single low hp enemy.
    Some heroes are pusher, easily push creeps to destroy enemy creeps, towers, structures.
    Some heroes are tanker, hardly to kill, protect they team mate doing their nasty jobs to win the game.
    Some heroes are carry, they choose what enemy heroes to kill first.
    Some heroes are disabler, silence or stun some or one enemy hero.
    Some heroes are initiator, initiate war.
    Some heroes are jungler, stay out of enemy sight
    Some heroes are weak on war, but good on one-on-one.
    Some heroes are strong against more enemy heroes.

Plenty of items to choose to exploit your jobs assigned in your team.
    If you are killer, do kill, kill, and keep killing to stop enemy heroes push forward your ancient.
    If you are pusher, do push, destroy enemy structures (tower, barrack), and it's okay if you get killed, and killed, and killed again as long as your team win the game.
    If you are tanker, make sure you are the one being attacked, not your nuke or pusher, since they are usually weak on war, but make sure you don't die easily. If you killed, make sure your team' killers kill more and win the war.

If enemy good in war, mass stunner, mass disabler, area effect, DONT GO WAR, stay alive, wait, do patiently, and kill
  52. May 2, 2014
    No doubt DOTA is actually one of the best games on his genre. When Valve decided to work on this game, I thought it would be like the others games that ended up not being that good (HoN, LoL, etc), at least for me these games were not even close to the most basics of DOTA. Is true LoL is a very popular and attractive game, and actually is easiest to begin play this game than dota, but Im sure if you learn to play dota, you would probably dislike LoL a lot, and its because LoL is simpler than DOTA... you really need more skills and more micro. And one of the best things (also, a bad thing for so many) is even if you have the highest skill of the two teams, the highest micro, the highest experiencie, you would probably lose 50 percent of the times. And thats because the game is balanced, is a game of TEAMWORK, if you forget this, you will end thinking in things like "I lost cause my team was bad", "I can't play this game if Volvo keep trolling me with the team", so if you team is "bad" you have to remember that you are playing with them, so your skills levels are actually the same. If you want to win more you need to keep improving your TEAMWORK skills and your Personal skills. Thats the key. Expand
  53. May 2, 2014
    Não tem como eu falar que esse jogo é ruim, foi só o jogo que eu mais joguei na minha vida. É um jogo extremamente competitivo onde o dinheiro de verdade não interfere.
  54. May 2, 2014
    I'm an avid fan of DotA.
    Valve did a great job recreating DotA *well... some of it*! *Thumbs up*
    + Competitive
    - Hard Learning curve for newbies
    + Heroes are open to pick unlike the other game *BOOOOOO*
    + Free to Play! It only has cosmetic items, no paid advantage!

"Easy to learn, Hard to master"
  55. Apr 30, 2014
    Best moba I've ever played, ruined by broken marchmaking and absence of different game modes. + Amazing visuals + Very smooth gameplay + Item drops + Great hero designs. + Hardcore team play. - Outright broken matchmaking system will drive you nuts. - There is only one map, one game mode. There are some different hero-picking drafts thats all. - The worst community ever. Very toxic, there is at least one troll, feeder or leaver in every match.
    - Sometimes too punishing, and so damn less rewarding.
    - Very addicting.

Give it a try if you didn't already, but don't let it get to you, it will drain your sanity away.
  56. pew
    Apr 28, 2014
    IF you want a more competitive and complicated moba you may like this game.

Dota2 has the worst gaming community in the world. They are full of ragers and elitist. While this is not uncommon in the gaming world, I have never seen a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. The game is overly complicated and causes rage in 90% of players. Most of the people who I know that enjoy the
    game spend half their time cursing and complaining about it. Requires memorizing champs items etc. It is designed for competitive play, not the unwashed rift raft. Expand
  57. Apr 28, 2014
    Definitely one of the best games i've ever played. I started out playing LoL but tried out dota and it turned out to be great! I love it. It's especially fun to play with your friends if you are 5. It makes it more fun and give you more teamplay and you will win easily! Try it!
  58. Apr 26, 2014
    These types of games don't always play to my strengths, but DOTA 2 is a nice update to the genre it represents and feels a bit easier to ease into than League of Legends. I can't say if it's better or worse since I've put in maybe 10 hours or so into LoL, but DOTA 2 is more fun than I thought a F2P game would be and helps me be a little bit more focused on things like proper item acquisition and basic strategies from the start instead of forcing me to learn it all on my own. Since it's free I could call this a "10" for its return on investment, but it's really much of what you'd expect from this genre. Definitely give it a try. Expand
  59. Apr 26, 2014
    This game is rly bad,this game rewards bad mannered players and feeders with rares/mythical.don't play this unless ur a macoscist.
    Don't even try it unless u want to play with russians every game.
  60. Apr 25, 2014
    Best game ever with worst community there is. You cant blame the game for the player community tho! So play it with friends or use mute function frequently. It's worth every minute. It's deep and complex.
  61. Apr 24, 2014
    This game ruined my life! Very addictive and irresistible. Been playing dota for 10 years now and dota 2 just made it more great. The graphics, the art style, pvp matching actions, and more just made it more great . I quit several times but still I keep coming back. There's something in this game that keeps us coming back and get more hyped. I recommend it to every hardcore gamers out there.
  62. Apr 21, 2014
    Удивительно, что нашлись средства и люди для воплощения в жизнь из столь маленького дополнения в нечто большее. В Доте нет ничего особенного. Ни смысловой нагрузки, ни визуальных прелестей и ничего другого тоже.
  63. Apr 19, 2014
    Before I start, I would like to say that I have spent about 2000 hours on the game, and that I quit it about 4 months back.
    Your opinion on this game is based on whether you play it for hours and hours or not.
    The game itself is a well made standalone version of the famous warcraft 3 map. The detail put into the heroes is amazing(Graphic & Audio wise), but still, some fail to live up to
    their war3 counterparts.
    And that's about all of the nice things I have to say about the game.
    It's graphics(not hero design) look dated. But that's not so important.
    You see, this is a team based game, and unless you are going to play with friends, you can bet you're going to get matched with someone who doesn't speak the language you queued up for. The amount of toxicity in the community is insane, and the only counter to it which VALVE have so far is a simple mute, which only ruins the game for people who get matched with the muted player. The game also has an inexcusably huge amount of unfixed, confirmed bugs, if I recall correctly, the number is about ~800.
    Also, ever since The International 2, VALVE have been extremely slow with hero updates(Prior to the The International 2, there were updates that had as many as 3 heroes in them, all coming out each week), while still pushing out cosmetic updates week after week.
    This games learning curve is steep, and you MUST invest time in watching tutorials, streams, trying out things in a lobby(on top of actually playing the game) if you want to make any sort of progress with it.
    This, in my opinion, is not bad, but it is very intimidating for newcomers.
    And with this I'd like to end my review of the game.
    But no matter what I say, this game is still going to grow, and so is it's playerbase. Let's just hope the future is brighter.
  64. Apr 19, 2014
    It used to be good, now you get communication-banned for saying stuff like "that was a bad play." Count on Valve to ruin anything that might have been good. MMR system is completely awful and if you live in the US, expect to have people who don't speak English on your team. Great game fallen to ruin by self-righteous, nanny trash company. I've never liked Valve as a company or any of their previous games. I was happy about dota because they got the original developer of the game. I have been playing Dota 2 since early beta and the game is not the same anymore.

Is it so hard to mute people you don't want to talk to through the in-game UI? Apparently Valve thinks so! Whenever I can't stand Peruvians screaming gibberish or nasally voiced 12 year olds, I just mute them. Nanny Valve doesn't trust your judgment though, so I guess they'd better mute people themselves so nobody can listen to them!
  65. Apr 15, 2014
    This game is for those who have time and determination Upon reading these reviews, you will notice some things: --Reviews are almost completely 9&10s or 1&2s --Professional Critic reviews are very high --Many people choose to speak about Valve rather than the actual game I think that from this, we can assume a few things. -- This game is definitely not for everyone. If you are not willing to put in many hours a few moments of pure frustration, read no more. This game is not for you. If you will not accept that defeat may occur in the most humiliating way, read no more. If you cannot accept that updates are made based on the most recurring needs, not your own, read no more.
    -- This game has massive potential, but the potential of any given match is determined by the players. If you want a perfectly even match, you cannot find it! The reason being that a 'perfect' match cannot exist! You will find matches that are so leaned one way that you stand no chance! However, that does not mean you should quit. The 'currency' of dota is build items. The more you have, the more money and/or time you have put in the game. Typically, items are awarded only to the best player of the winning team, but one can earn an item regardless if you are good enough. Just to put an example, I once had a game where 3 out of the 5 people on my team quit. This meant that odds were 100% I would lose. But i played well enough I was awarded an item.
    -- Valve is a large company. They simply could not support a customer feedback group large enough to help every single person within a timely manner. Sending something to valve only ensures that the said mail will be read at some point, not that you will get a reply. Many low reviews comment on the slowness of the updates. This is not true. Small updates are made almost constantly in a process called the 'balance changelog' which ensures that no hero/item is too powerful. Major updates, such as a new character or likewise feature are rare, but no rarer than in any other game!
    -- People will sabotage a game for their own. Many low reviews state that dota is horrible in every way. I would be surprised if the majority of these people did not play league of legends, a similar and fun spin-off of dota. Critics judge the game without comparison to others, it is their job. Meanwhile the rest of us cannot help our bias. I have mine, you have yours, and every other review on this page has theirs.
    -- Dota is, by no stretch of the imagination, perfect. It has its flaws, such as a community that for the most part I have found to be silent or polite, but with some nastiness found on any multiplayer game. Honestly, the community is better here than on any console shooter I've played. There are bugs that can ruin a game and that people claim exist forever (In reality valve does not tell you they are fixed, they just fix the bugs) and of course the matchmaking! Remember that while some matches are unfair, the computer is doing the best with what it has. The computer can only put you in a match for the regions you select with other people joining a game at the same time as you. Be kind to the robots. They will spare you in the uprising.
    -- People lie. If you believe every statistic given here, you are a fool. Many of the facts are true to a specific point in time far in the past, and many more are simply lies given by people who got beat up by a bloodseeker their first game and never played again.

I hope this review has been helpful. And please, don't judge after one game. Thats like judging you based on a single sentence you have uttered. (This would be uh.... for most of us)
  66. Apr 12, 2014
    Theres a reason this is the most played PC game of all time as of the moment. The first few games suck yes but when you learn you cant put it down. If one person on your team feeds you lose but i dont have a problem with losing i still have fun. A game can take from 20mins to 1 or so hours its a joy to play with friends i recommend it highly. 10/10 Ruined my life.
  67. Apr 8, 2014
    There are many key points to the game's success.
    First, the valuable lesson of teamwork! However, there is a small price of self-esteem and a 99 percent chance of being yelled at by your a**hole of a teammate. But hey, that's nothing!
    Also, ease of access is another important point! Just choose which Russia you want to play in!
    Many critics were happy with this product! For instance,
    jremy1253 commented,

"Before I played DotA 2, I though the Brazilians were only bad at soccer".

You see? Important life lessons! And to DotA fans, remember, you are entitled to your opinions, but this is mine. Please do not take it personally, otherwise risk facing a slight chance of ulcers, rage, and other side effects that would be harmful to the average human.

Thank you, and have a lovely evening.
  68. Apr 7, 2014
    For me the best MOBA there is to play. It is very difficult and challenging to new players but if you grab a few friends that are on the same skill level that you are you are going to have a blast. My only gripe with the game is that you can see what heroes the enemy team picks so counter picking is a really annoying thing to do but is done often.
  69. Apr 6, 2014
    DOTA Is a very difficult game. If you are looking for a more Casual MOBA style game. Don't play DOTA 2. It takes a lot of time to learn and is a game that takes years to master. League of Legends is the casual persons MOBA game. With that being said. DOTA is a lot of fun for people who take the time to learn how to play it. It has deep varied strategies and with every devastating loss you will find a glorious victory. I played League for a couple years before DOTA 2 came out and it was fun, but once DOTA 2 came out I left it behind because DOTA has a lot more to offer and you can't beat the original. Expand
  70. Apr 4, 2014
    Poor match making system that puts players in games where there is no way to win because of a giant gap in skill level as well as counter picking in the most played mode 'All Pick.' It leads to frustrating games where no one has fun, not being able to do anything. If you are deciding between LoL or DotA 2, go to LoL. I've only played it a couple times but no one I know complains about it as much as DotA 2. The community is very toxic as well, no one is helpful. Expand
  71. Apr 4, 2014
    The best game ever...
    IceFrog idea of a competitive game has been taken to the next level with Valves support and built a whole world up around it.
    Many hours spent playing this game and I see many many more coming.
  72. Apr 3, 2014
    Dota 2 concerteza é o melhor MOBA atualmente, por mais que o jogo possa ter alguns defeitos, o que é normal em todo game, a Valve vem trabalhando muito em cima disso, moldando o Dota 2, que tem por "natureza" a maior complexidade de jogo dentre os demais MOBAs, e tornando-o um jogo cada vez mais falado e amado pelos jogadores.
    Devido a isso espero que, com o passar do tempo, vejamos um
    game free to play, que trara grandes experiencias, entreterimento e diversao para seus jogadores, telespectadores e para as pessoas em geral, sendo assim quebrando todas as espectativas e recordes de evolução dos eSports que existem por aí. Obrigado. Expand
  73. Apr 2, 2014
    I'm play on the SEA servers as playing on the other servers causes lag.Majority of the people met here are Pinoys.Granted not all of them flame and feed and harass and spoil the game,but the ones who do,do it in extreme.It's never fun to play as you get these brainless dirtbags most of the time.There are other reasons involved for this rating such as sad server mainenence,loads and loads of useless cosmetics and a single map to play on.Frankly speaking the pinoys should have their own servers(whuch won't happen) or should be banned from Dota 2.I've left the game and if you do play on SEA servers I suggest you dropout too which would grant you peace of mind. Expand
  74. Apr 2, 2014
    F*cking, terrible. There is literally nothing i found good about this game, I played the original DotA mod for Warcraft III and was hooked, it was **** glorious, but now it is pure **** it doesn't look good in any way, it's slow, and boring, only in the end is it fun, it is in no way good or competitive. Jesus **** Christ, if you haven't played any MOBA before this is THE LAST MOBA you wanna try, it is not newbie friendly, neither is the community, there are few english speaking people who you'll find in this game and the rest are ALL **** RUSSIAN, if you wanna experience a good MOBA you should play smite or LoL (i know, i know... but they're basically DOTA 2 with smoother graphics and more competitive). Long story short, DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT BY ANY **** MEANS PLAY THIS HORRID **** GAME. Expand
  75. Mar 25, 2014
    Dota 2 is the revolution in cybersport. It makes e-gaming feel like real serious sport, as it was football or basketball. And this is the main merit of Dota2 and Valve.
    Besides game is really great, it is deep, variative, competitive, hard.
    The ones who dislike it are the fans of LoL(which is another great MOBA Btw), conservative fans of Dota1, or the ones who doesn't want to spent like
    1000 hours(real 1000 hours) to understand mechanics of game(Usually they want to be pro after completing tutorial, like in every SP shooter, never playing MP coz, surprise there are always bunch of players playing much better then you) .
    Love it or hate it, DOTA 2 is the BIGGEST GAME that was created by industry.
  76. Mar 23, 2014
    дота говно ебаное блядь пиздец хуйня для мудаков и долбоебов сраная поебень созданая очкодерами для очкодрал вшивый высер от обоссаных уебков и хуесосов
  77. Mar 22, 2014
    Horribly unbalanced game. Community is full of immature people. Game for people with no lives. Not for a casual video game player. Would not recommend this trash to anyone.
  78. Mar 22, 2014
    They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide.
  79. Mar 20, 2014
    Valve gave great tutorial about this game and the gaming system is great. With MMR system, you can hone your skill in playing such game. Also this game offer many cosmetics, though some are overpriced in my opinion. This game is addictive.
  80. Mar 18, 2014
    While Dota 2 is a fundamentally good game, it has its share of issues. The most notable of these is its absolutely horrible community -- possibly one of the worst I've ever encountered. However, it would be wrong to let the players impact the actual game's score. The REAL issue with Dota 2, though, is its overwhelming complexity. There are 112 heroes at the time of writing (107 playable), and each has a minimum of four skills. This means that there are more than 448 skills which you need to memorize the function of just so you won't be at a disadvantage when facing off against someone using them. Then you have to get a grasp of the highly complex mechanics, and various strategies that take a long time to learn. There are also over 100 items in the store, the purchasing of which varies from one hero and situation to the next. Again, Dota 2 is simply too complicated for its own good. I shouldn't have to read a freakin' textbook just to play a game! Expand
  81. Mar 16, 2014
    This game's user score should be at least 2 higher because of all the "DIRETIDE PLZ VOLVO" reviews that people did.
    Anyway this is going to be a short review. The game is free, yet is not pay to win, has around a hundred playable heroes all very different and versatile and is constantly updated. I mean come on, how can you not love it? The graphics are great, mechanics are smooth and no
    single hero is overpowered if the opponent is smart and can utilize his items and hero abilities. This is the TF2 of the MOBA genre, except that it's even better in the retrospect that nothing you buy can aid you to win. The only downside to the game its very steep learning curve but if you put in enough time the game is immensely fun. 200 hours in and I love it to bits. Highly recommended. Expand
  82. Mar 16, 2014
    Worst game ever. Just copypast of original dota with the function of reconncect. Terrible community, very gloomy graphic. And dota isn't a hard game. I don't hear it about original dota, but dota2 has become so hard(WHY?). You don't need a lot of ideas and time to make copypast, it was only made to take YOUR money.
  83. Mar 15, 2014
    Dota 2's genius gameplay, allows you to strategize in different ways with the different heroes selected. It's satisfying to perform tactics that you and your teammates plan, providing an exciting challenge against your enemies. While the design can be irritating at times, and while the user interface in-match could be less distracting, Dota 2, in the most time, flawlessly and beautifully.
    The heroes are divided by two optional choices for their hero: to make him an attacker or supporter. It depends on the overall strength and power value that the hero has. It's a must to strategize with the two elements combined, because it makes for a good teamwork and a valuable time. Killing other players is important, but slashing some creeper blood isn't bad either, helping the player to earn coins for buying important items and to earn experience, which levels you up to upgrade your powers. The powers are specialized attacks or other abilities which need to be used cleverly to positively perform the duty. They either do damage, heal, teletransport, make clones... you get it, there is a LOT of abilities counting all the heroes. And the items too need to be bought and used smartly, where the player needs to focus more on suggested items. If the suggested items are not workable right, then the dictionary helps you with everything, starting from instructions by users, to actually and visually showing what items and powers to focus on. It's really helpful. Also, crafting needs to be mentioned, for, basically, buying the expensive items that you want easier and safer.
    The objective of every match is to destroy enemies' defenses and to finally destroy the Ancient tower of the enemy. When you with your teammates do that, your team wins. But it gets more complicated than that, because on the other hand enemies are trying to do the same thing. If they teamwork and use powers well, they're more likely to win. But, to prevent that from happening, obviously you with your teammates need to do better than that. Playing individually is not recommended, because it shows selfishness to the player and the team might loose. So, the most important obligation is teamwork in this game.
    The game itself has some modes which don't change the gameplay style, but only the hero selection style. And that is really nice, because it adds multiverse to the game. I don't know if you understood the last sentence, but you'll get it if you dig deeper.
    Does the tutorial help? Yes, it kind of does, but you need to get an experienced player to instruct you how to play the game. And playing with bots when you start playing is recommendable.
    Is this game good? Dota 2 is a fantastic MOBA. Well, what did you expect from Valve? 8/10
  84. Mar 14, 2014
    One of the best game I've ever played, even though learning curve is really high it still gives lots of fun.
    For some reasons I heard that this game is really imbalanced, probably because it's mostly directed to competitive scene.
  85. Mar 14, 2014
    gtfo league fanboys and stop hating on dota because you decided to play the n00b moba and found dota too hard for you lololololololololololololololololol
  86. Mar 11, 2014
    This game destroyed my friends and killed my entire family. **** this game yeah **** it lol asdgaigrjseriugdfignsdjifgnsdjifsdfgsdfgjsdofijgsiodfj sdfgoijsdfosjidfiogjioj sdfoigjdfg gifjty
  87. Mar 11, 2014
    This game could be cool but there is something wrong with it. IT'S **** MATCHMAKING. VOLVO, CAN YOU THINK ABOUT IT? PEOPLE WITH 3K HOURS DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY! OMG
  88. Mar 9, 2014
    Don't believe the positive reviews, this is a terrible game. In theory its cool but its impossible to find a game, when you do someone always quits so one team is unbalanced, often this triggers one or more people quitting so you end up on a team down 1-2 players.

Then if you're on that team you're up against it and if the other team gets a couple of kills you're quickly stuck in a 40
    minute trudge to your inevitable loss. In theory its awesome but in practice awful. Expand
  89. Mar 5, 2014
    This game is horrible. I have seen better MOBAS made by monkeys. The tutorial is way to long and the heroes are poorly put together. .
  90. Mar 2, 2014
    Dota 2 score should be split into 2, first should be about the game and I think it'sbrilliant... but it's not the game for a solo player as myself... if you have a group of friends to play it... you will all like it and maybe even win some cash in Dota2 tournaments... this part I'm giving 10

And there is the other side: community and match making. Valve does not pay any attention to
    match making and sometimes it feels like all dota players are russians... you play on US servers: all rusians, you play on europe servers: all russians... you play on south africa servers: all russians. Valve should do something about that problem... but I think DOTA2 is becomming official russian sport like starcraft in south korea. If you are a noob player you will hear unpleasant comment about your parents and your relatives...

Community side of the game is so terrible that its hard to give DOTA2 any fair score... the game itself is brilliant and requires a lot of teamwork... if you dont have a good team... you can still get sucked into this game and even after being shouted and hearling bad stuff about your mother... you will keep playing it and maybe even enjoy it.
  91. Feb 28, 2014
    A mediocre attempt to cash-in on the success of DotA: All-stars that thrilled the masses. Not only did they fail to improve on the mechanics of the original but they failed to stay true to the original where it counted. Style and mechanics. The issue is that the development team lacked both Eul and Guinsoo, with only Icefrog there is little they can do. The interface is hard-to-read, the graphics blend together to create a kind of blurry mess, many mechanics were ripped out and placed into a "classic-mode" and many new items and mechanic changes have ruined the game for those of us who enjoyed the original. Fan boys rave about how "balanced" it is but it isn't.

Not a BAD game by any rate. Just not a DotA game.
  92. Feb 28, 2014
    A very engaging game with a plethora of heroes, abilities and extreme re-playability - rare to find even in bought titles. For a free game, this offers thousands of hours of entertainment as you encounter players from all around the globe. Team up with your friends for your best chances of winning and minimising rage-inducing moments.

It is unfortunate that there are many players out
    there who will go out of their way to make it hell for one to play. Steel yourself for the insults and cat calls and all the 'your mum' jokes because it will all come back with the fields of twelve year olds roaming on the servers.

However, if you're lucky to encounter courteous players, you're in for a treat. There are ban systems in place to educate those to overstep the boundaries. Remember guys, it is just a game, no need to get too mad over a few deaths and lost kills.

Game mechanics are mostly sound, a few minor bugs and tweaks, updates are constant, albeit at times small, they do make a difference to the game play. If you do find some bugs, it is mostly hilarious than become a game breaking moment.

There are heroes to suit every play style and several modes for your choice of play: ALL PICK for a somewhat uneven play field. For your best shot, perhaps the least played hero mode. For those who are just looking for a good time with laughs; the Random Ability Draft mode is sure to tickle your fancy with a vast variety of skills being up for grabs for the random hero you are allocated. Enjoy!

A great game all in all. Great for quick games (usually 40 minutes long) if you're not in the mood for something too long. Regular and attentive updates and a good 90+ heroes for you to master.
  93. Feb 26, 2014
    I know this game, it's a bad LoL, now, it's impossible to speak about Dota without speaking about LoL too. Dota 2 is a really bad game, but it's a real free2play not like LoL. But LoL is just better. So, don't play to this game.
  94. Feb 26, 2014
    I have 800 hours into this game and am still deeply engaged and learning. Amazing depth in skills, interactions and repeat play. It is Free to Play, but I have spent $ on vanity items, but that is just it, they are VANITY items. No pay to win here. I am largely a solo player, so I have to rely on random or half stack teams. Though I play BOTS games will my less competitive friends and have a good time with them, I do see where causal players can be turned off.

Cons: I wish that VALVE would do some IP restrictions on their servers, playing US EAST or WEST with players Pinging in at 500+ is pretty brutal. People can be real jerks and make it unfun.

DOTA2 is a love hate for sure, you will love it and hate yourself and your team.
    That is MOBAs in general and it is best in class.

Plus drafted ability mode is ridiculously fun. Just stay the hell away from All Pick.
  95. Feb 26, 2014
    i lowe it i love it twoja stara i still hate it 2/10 trololololololollolooloololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo
  96. Feb 25, 2014
    Before that, all was bearable until Valvil not released fit and offerings ... I was disappointed in the event, and even more from the offerings. Over 40 + pages of rare eventually got no use to anyone. So let oppressive VALVE on!
  97. Feb 25, 2014
  98. Feb 24, 2014
    Honest Review. This game is a huge headache Ive been playing MOBA's for over 12 years. You want to progress without a team. Prepare to be at the fate of people that do not want to play as a team game. This game is meant to be a team game. The Team idea of this game is for your entire team to pick a ( Carry ) most cases a hero that can last the length of a game and skills scale very well. Hence everyone wanting to play this type of hero. Then you have support which I really do not mind playing as well as long as we are a team. Nope be prepared to be faustrated to the point of no return. I have uninstalled this game as I can truly see no positive coming from this game. People are rude. The team play is near non existent unless you are on a team and everyone wants to have the score despite no record keeping being held on the game. Yes it is easier to potty train your children then to progress past a point in this game. Then if you make mistakes instead of being coached you get bashed on continuesly until your spirit is not even in the game no more. Yes Potty training is not fun, but at least your kids arent bashing you continuesly while your coaching them to aim their skills correctly. Soapbox out and I've uninstalled this trainwreck for the last time. Thank you valve for bringing premium entertainment at no cost but I think I would rather be in the bathroom at this point at least everyone there speaks english. Expand
  99. Feb 23, 2014
    I love this game. It is hard, it has depth, and most of all it is very addictive. You will never play two matches the same, EVER. It is competitive and the community reflects it. The game mechanics are solid. I love the art design. They do events according to the season which is engaging. The game is completely free to play. You do not have to buy anything to enjoy the game. All of the heroes are free to try out at your leisure. The only thing that is for offer is cosmetics. Which in itself is enticing. I bought the portal pack and regret nothing. Listening to GlaDos announce the match never gets old. If you have a PC I highly recommend you play the game for yourself. I give it a 10/10! Expand

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.