6.4

1. Jun 28, 2015
    This game really has a lot of depth to it. The learning wall, because it is much harder than a curve is very VERY rough.

With that said, this is not an easy game for the lighthearted. This game takes patience, this game takes though, and this game is about improving. It will take you a long time before you really start to understand everything. It has a great pro scene to watch and

It has a great pro scene to watch and engage in. The solo play's are fun and challenging. They are constantly adding to the game. Including new heroes, new items, and even a new engine. This is THE most played game on Steam for a good reasons!

You should actually stop reading this and go play it... It is free by the way.
    But be warned.... This game.
    Is.
    Like.
    Crack.

No joke. You will put in 100's of hours and still feel like a n00b.
    You will start watching the pro's play to improve your game.
    You will see why The Internationals prize pool is at $15 MILLION!!!

11/10 See you in the queue lines!
  2. Jun 23, 2015
    I've spent a lot of hours playing this game. If you're really into competition gaming then I do NOT recommend this game.
    Matchmaking system is a joke. Game is brilliant but if you're up to increasing your skills and fighting vs good opponents with good players in your team then forget it. Just abandon this game and don't play it unless you have 4 friends going the same way you're going.
  3. Jun 22, 2015
    This Comunnity is garbage, nobody cares about you and they want you banned for being a new player. I've started playing with the bots them, noobs were a little more friendly, i had some fun with them, but this game still the same old warcraft III Dota

Just better graphics and sound effects, my friends are playing this game 10 hours per day like idiots, i can't undestand how they managed to play something so repetitive that much and for such long time...

Now their memory are f***** up now, they lost many brain cells playing this
  4. Jun 20, 2015
    You are either wasting your time or winning.
    There are no compromises or hand holding.
    You hate it because you're scared to adapt.
    MOBAs can't get more realistic than this one.
  5. Jun 10, 2015
    Great game, constant game improvements/changes keep the game fresh. Very addictive.
    Cons, community is populated by toxic players. Hopefully this game doesn't ruin any of your friendships.
  6. Jun 9, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём графика плохая игра ниачём Expand
  7. Jun 7, 2015
    This is still the best MOBA/Team Brawler out there. Personally I'm ready for a new game to take this genre to the next level but for now DOTA 2 is on top. Also I don't see why so many people say this game isn't for the casual player. I have always found this game extremely fun to just pop in and play a match a few times a day.

1 Point off for extremely negative community. Just like

1 Point off for extremely negative community. Just like League, you are best just ignoring chat all together unless you know your team mates. You can still be a team player anyway. But this is just one of those games that needs to really put their foot down, hire a couple dozen game monitors to watch games and ban trolls.... because it feels like you're playing with a bunch of terrorists a lot of times.

Overall 7 out of 10. Best moba out there, but without innovation it's getting old.
  8. Jun 4, 2015
    The most competitive game I have ever played. I have thousands of hours in this game and not one is like another. Dota's lead developer, Icefrog, has been around for more than 10 years now and listens to the communities feedback for balances and changes. Best part is that it is completely free, any money you put into the game will have no impact on your game play, it will only change howThe most competitive game I have ever played. I have thousands of hours in this game and not one is like another. Dota's lead developer, Icefrog, has been around for more than 10 years now and listens to the communities feedback for balances and changes. Best part is that it is completely free, any money you put into the game will have no impact on your game play, it will only change how the game looks. Expand
  9. Jun 3, 2015
    Always the best of all games, steam I'm proud of you, I played this game a 6 years ago, and now is all perfect, I never imagine that game was so awsome.
    For sure is the bes of all ages and times.
    You have to ply this game.
  10. Jun 2, 2015
    This game is even more stupid then lol.
    It was copied from lol.
    One map, same looking heroes, only press left button + qwer.
    And know what to buy when.
    No strategy, just knowing.
    Heroes extra lagg, it is like slow motion.
  11. Jun 1, 2015
    Every single change from the Warcraft 3 port has been for the detriment of the returning and new player; previously pro players have to relearn nearly all of the ported players and need to learn new items/item buy locations. In addition, new players are able to experience old heroes without their counters and more heroes with new overpowered additions. I say Valve should relearn how theyEvery single change from the Warcraft 3 port has been for the detriment of the returning and new player; previously pro players have to relearn nearly all of the ported players and need to learn new items/item buy locations. In addition, new players are able to experience old heroes without their counters and more heroes with new overpowered additions. I say Valve should relearn how they should edit a classic MOBA... Expand
  12. May 25, 2015
    Boring Game. Bad servers. The game keeps disconnecting. Players are rude. when I was going to play my first match I discovered that the community is really unsupportive not beginner-friendly
  13. May 24, 2015
    pro: - a variety of heroes with different skills (most of them have 4 while some have more)
    - a strategy game
    - features a report system - graphics is nice - have item sets cons: - sometimes quite lag which causes "Poor network conenction has been detected,This game will not be score and game is safe to leave" >> therefore if any team play very well, the effort are wasted. -
    - a strategy game
    - features a report system
    - graphics is nice
    - have item sets

- community can be improve
    - has no section to grant player's demand (not item demand)
    - a loop game

would be nice if IceFrog could create new hero. But i understand that a nice hero takes quite a long time to design and testing. Because a hero that is released too early wont be nice i guess
  14. May 16, 2015
    most of the reviews on here are from like 2 years ago with complaints about diretide and how the community sucks and Gabe is a money whore and how there is no support. THIS IS UNTRUE this game is a solid 9/10 and i keep coming back to it and i have over 1100 hours on this game to prove a point that there is so much replayability, there are infinite amount of combinations of heroes andmost of the reviews on here are from like 2 years ago with complaints about diretide and how the community sucks and Gabe is a money whore and how there is no support. THIS IS UNTRUE this game is a solid 9/10 and i keep coming back to it and i have over 1100 hours on this game to prove a point that there is so much replayability, there are infinite amount of combinations of heroes and whether they lane or jungle etc. do invest some time in this game as you will find this to be very rewarding Expand
  15. May 8, 2015
    Ignore the reviews that say there are no bugs/patches and the ones saying there is a ton of advertising. The game is constantly bug fixed - and when I say that I have to point out, I have encountered maybe 2 bugs in over 700 hours of play. Now, some people are complaining about no new heroes? I think they forgot that this is the game all the other ones COPIED its heroes from. The onlyIgnore the reviews that say there are no bugs/patches and the ones saying there is a ton of advertising. The game is constantly bug fixed - and when I say that I have to point out, I have encountered maybe 2 bugs in over 700 hours of play. Now, some people are complaining about no new heroes? I think they forgot that this is the game all the other ones COPIED its heroes from. The only reason you "think" the other games are updating themselves is because you didn't play dota to begin with. This being said, dota 2 lets you use every hero in the game without paying, so that also nullifies the money hungry argument as every other game makes you purchase any new hero, and that hero is overpowered for about a month, so isn't that pay to win whereas dota's system is absolute fairness? The only thing you can purchase in the game is cosmetics, Whereas in LoL you can buy runes and different abilities to supplement the characters you also had to pay for. Dota 2 offers everything you could want, a bug free game that is completely free to play and you can be as competitive as you want, you can play as much as you want, you can try any hero you want. Without paying a dime. And you'll have a good time as long as you are actually trying to enjoy and get to know the game and everyone that plays it will encourage you to do so. The bad reviews on this site come from people who are bad at games in general or from diehard LoL fans that can't stand that their game is a shadow of the original and now an even uglier shadow in the face of the new Dota. Expand
  16. May 7, 2015
    I had fun with Dota 1 which I played for years, then tried League of Legends where I thought to myself that it had a very shallow gameplay except for the staged buying of items, the item filter and the creeping in the woods which was actually part of the game's concept as there were items specifically for this. So I thought I'd give Dota 2 a try and have to say: What a load of garbage DotaI had fun with Dota 1 which I played for years, then tried League of Legends where I thought to myself that it had a very shallow gameplay except for the staged buying of items, the item filter and the creeping in the woods which was actually part of the game's concept as there were items specifically for this. So I thought I'd give Dota 2 a try and have to say: What a load of garbage Dota 2 is !

It starts with the menus that lack ANY FORM of description what they do (tooltips anyone ?) and are NOT practical. For example: If I want to config my game I cannot press ESC or F10 to do so. Game standards, please ! Instead I have to click all the icons that have no tooltips to find what does what I want.

Once I'm in the config there is the same problem: Lack of helpful tooltips ! So I more or less try and - oh hey: There's the pause option which is not bound to the P or pause key ! Why even standards ?

So I want to bind some stuff - but what's that ? Certain keys aren't registered for certain commands while they are for others. Well thanks a lot... There's also no warning whenever I try to use a key that's already in use by something else - again: Why even standards ?

Ok so I start my first Dota 2, hero selection: I have to scroll through all of them ! What ? How about a table of all heroes to filter by one or more categories ? I'm also allowed to filter by hero name and their assigned role but not whether I want an agility, strength or intellect hero. Thanks again...

So after selecting my hero I'm stuck in a hero outfit screen which is literally just for optics. That screen doesn't explain what's going on or I am supposed to do to proceed. Solution: Click the button with the hero name on it TWICE to actually get into the game. Horrible menu design ! Tooltips ! Explain what's going on ! For first time users: Guide me ONCE or make your menus less **** !

So I'm in the game. Everything looks modern but ****. Well, never mind. I'm here for the gaming experience. The game: Currently it's designed to proceed so fast that games last very short compared to Dota 1. Everything that had some cooldown, mana costs, less damage etc. is now designed to make the game proceed far faster. What happened to turn rates ? What happened to cast animations ? Etc. ...

The game has been designed to have no flow that allows for anything but constant hero kills. You know what ? **** this garbage, I uninstalled it. If given the choice I'd rather play League of Legends and far, far, faaar before that (because it's crap, too) I'd just stay at Dota 1, because it's far more playable, far better configureable and far less **** designed.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention the shop: When clicking on an item that can be part of a crafting set to upgrade to a better item the game doesn't show me that. Instead I have to KNOW that this item exists, to click on that and only then the menu will show me the reagents for that completed item. Menu design again... If something is part of certain recipes just add that to the item's info and not only to the completed recipe's info ! Such a moronic design...

Item filters are also garbage. League of Legends does this better by miles. And how about a key config overlay to have vendor hotkeys for certain items ? Or are there some already ? Because the game didn't show me.

It's nice to offer a tutorial for Dota 2 but either offer specific translations or use text info. And as matter of fact: Explaining doesn't work well the way Dota 2 explains things: A lot, fast, only once, with no way to repeat anything without having to restart all over again and sometimes not cleary hinting what is what.

While Dota has always been about hero killing and tower roaming the increased game flow turns that in such a shallow game that this is not like any of the original Dota - except for the items in the game.

If you like it: Well then keep your **** and stay as far away as possible with that badly designed garbage from me, be happy with it and don't bother me with claiming it's Dota because it's not. This is just killparty turbo which is what I loathe League of Legends for. Dota 1 understood tactics, neither League of Legends nor Dota 2 do.

It's all just pew pew fast game. Next one. How about a longer lasting quality game, like Dota1 used to be ?

This game should've never been made.

The only good thing of it is the absence of orb effects and buff placers which is also a bad thing as this shouldn't have been lifted to 100% for everyone because that actually added some depth into Dota 1 - along with cast animations, attack animations, turn rates, projectile speeds that weren't ridiculously fast and a game flow that would allow planning on a basic level.
  17. May 6, 2015
    Esse jogo é fantástico demais! Tenho mais de 4.000 horas de jogo e nunca me canso, cada partida é única. O melhor MOBA de todos. LOL, Smite, Hon e HotS são todos imitações baratas. Se você é um jogador como eu que aprecia a originalidade de cada proposta, então esse jogo será maravilhoso! É o mais original que existe! Os outros Mobas são apenas vapores que logo se tornarão invisíveis seEsse jogo é fantástico demais! Tenho mais de 4.000 horas de jogo e nunca me canso, cada partida é única. O melhor MOBA de todos. LOL, Smite, Hon e HotS são todos imitações baratas. Se você é um jogador como eu que aprecia a originalidade de cada proposta, então esse jogo será maravilhoso! É o mais original que existe! Os outros Mobas são apenas vapores que logo se tornarão invisíveis se comparado com esse jogo aqui: Dota 2. Expand
  18. May 5, 2015
    There isn't much to say about Dota 2. Just that how fun and awesome it is, the game has a big learning curve but it feels like an accomplishment when you simply learn the basics. It's a very strategic and tactical game and is so much better to play with friends. The community that plays this game is pure dog-sh*t but if your better than them you don't have much to worry about. I veryThere isn't much to say about Dota 2. Just that how fun and awesome it is, the game has a big learning curve but it feels like an accomplishment when you simply learn the basics. It's a very strategic and tactical game and is so much better to play with friends. The community that plays this game is pure dog-sh*t but if your better than them you don't have much to worry about. I very much enjoy playing dota, but it isn't anyone's cup of tea. Expand
  19. Apr 29, 2015
    МОБА жанр сам по себе уж очень плох, а тут один из ярких представителей этого жанра. Это подобие игры является олицетворением двух пословиц: "зачем жрать картошку, если есть капуста" и "миллионы мух не могут ошибаться". 0/10
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    e-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too so why should you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. You may love it or hatee-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too so why should you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. You may love it or hate it. You either put in hard work, get better, have fun and love the game or fail, flame, lose and hate the game forever. Very similar to Sports isn't it? Expand
  21. Apr 26, 2015
    While I think PvP can be nice and that the graphics of Dota 2 are great for the style ...
    I don't like this kind of game (MOBA), here is why :

- Boring : click click click ... next ... (repetitive)
    - There’s too much going on (chaos)
    - God view is not immersive
    - It looks like it's made for kids
    - First Person Shooters feel much more immersive, challenging (skill based) and fun
  22. Apr 26, 2015
    A game hard to master but with an amazing sense of reward! Cyka Blyat and privet rule EU servers which is always fun! A game that contributes into a roller-coast and funky but worthy dementia. Welcome into the rabbit hole, we can only hope you can't get out anymore!
  23. Apr 25, 2015
    Before DOTA 2 I've never played or heard of the original DOTA, but when I watched the trailers and heard what the game was like from fans, I WAS HYPED! But then I installed it...

Boring gameplay, it's just click here and click there, look if I want to click stuff, I would play Putt Putt, a Telltale game OR just surf on the internet. There are other MOBAS out there which are more interactive and fun like SMNC or Awesomenauts.

Annoying voice acting from nearly all the characters who WILL NOT SHUT UP! I swear you breathe they talk, you move they talk, YOU DO ANYTHING AND THEY TALK!

A massive cash cow with a million overpriced hats for each character made by the community because Valve are too lazy to make their own.

Awful racist and immature community, they bash anyone from Brazil or Russia even though they can't help it because the matchmaking is atrocious and lazily thrown together.

The source "engine" makes games look nice, but for actual GAMING it's a buggy mess which always crashes and has the worst hitboxes ever aside from Crimecrap Gangbangwars.

Plus I love how fake the trailers are, the trailers make the game look intense and crazy, instead it's just who can click faster and collect the most hats! Nice false advertisement Valve!

Overall this is easily one of the worst experiences I've had in gaming, if you want to have a fun MOBA experience, play Awesomenauts or SMNC, this is the worst piece of sh*t MOBA has ever produced.
  24. Apr 17, 2015
    Well... what could i say? Even if you like MOBAs u wont like it. This game is only recommended for fans, cuz this game has the worst community i have ever seen. Besides it has only one advantages compared to Dota1. The graphics.
    Absolutly not recomended,
  25. Apr 3, 2015
    Beginners are screwed at first, but eventually they will discover a new, extremely satisfying level of gameplay. Dota 2 is an amazing game because of its strategic depth, constantly varying games, and established highly competitive scene. This game generates challenges both for the casual and the more serious player.
  26. Mar 24, 2015
    While it is a good multiplayer game in theory, it's actually a sub-par gaming experience in general because of the terrible playerbase and community, horribly flawed matchmaking system, blatant cashgrab events, and overpriced cosmetic market.
  27. Mar 18, 2015
    Valve's version of Defense of the Ancients can either excite you to point where you feel like a God or as miserable as a worm with a fever. Why this discrepancy? Well, you play with 4 more ppl, and in this version of the game you don't have as many admin resources as DotA 1 used to have to prevent bad behavior from the players. This means that at a times you will end up playing with greatValve's version of Defense of the Ancients can either excite you to point where you feel like a God or as miserable as a worm with a fever. Why this discrepancy? Well, you play with 4 more ppl, and in this version of the game you don't have as many admin resources as DotA 1 used to have to prevent bad behavior from the players. This means that at a times you will end up playing with great ppl and having a lot of fun or the opposite, very rude and childish ones that can ruin a match really quickly and there is nothing you can do about it. Expand
  28. Mar 17, 2015
    As gamers on any platform begin to evolve, gaming becomes more than just a leisure activity, and as streaming of player versus player experiences starts to popularize, I find it is very easy to review Defense of the Ancients 2. DOTA 2 is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) that heavily and competitively focuses on the player versus player (PvP) aspects of gaming. As the PC gameAs gamers on any platform begin to evolve, gaming becomes more than just a leisure activity, and as streaming of player versus player experiences starts to popularize, I find it is very easy to review Defense of the Ancients 2. DOTA 2 is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) that heavily and competitively focuses on the player versus player (PvP) aspects of gaming. As the PC game develops with its impressive accumulation of unique players every month and its paucity of cons, DOTA 2 achieves the, “Best Free Online Game” award from me. I continue to invest many hours into the game for more than just one reason, merely ranging from the price to its in-depth lore, gameplay, and intense community.
    First thing is first, DOTA 2 is a free downloadable game you can obtain from Steam, an internet-based digital distribution, digital rights management (DRM), multiplayer, and social networking platform developed by Valve Corporation. Everyone enjoys free things, but what greatly separates this game from different and popular games is the necessity of a computer (desktop or laptop) rather than a console like a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One. Gaming on computers and laptops is out faming the consoles simply because computers and laptops offer a much more spread out genre of video games. The only upside, in my opinion, of a console over a computer are the graphics and how cheap it is to obtain such graphics, but as beautiful and real as graphics seem on console games, DOTA 2 manages to create some vigorous and vibrant edges and textures. Instances of these tactile textures, cuts, shadowing, and rendering are the heroes or characters and the environment. The trees, rivers and even floors are covered in variances of colors shapes and sizes. Since the map of the MOBA consists of two insanely distinct sides, it is not hard to visualize the crazy and imaginative graphics on either sides of the map. So because the graphics are optical and make it easy to differentiate allies, enemies, and the actions of each means that the game is easy to play. That does not mean the game itself is easy.
    Not only are the graphics outstanding for this free PC game, but its gameplay is very smooth if you have a computer that can run it. The motions on the screen are compared by no other MOBA out there in addition to its skill level. Although its gameplay is easy going and greatly enjoyable by anyone, one has to master the ways of the game. The skill level required to play such a MOBA is extremely difficult to learn right away. Hours must be strictly put into DOTA 2 in order to familiarize and become comfortable with the intricate mechanics. Learning Defense of the Ancients 2 back to front will be a challenge but with commitment, rewards along the DOTA 2 path will be provided. Winning a game will become much more satisfying and random drops of player customization will pop out of nowhere. The only thing to deal with after that is the community.
    Any online multiplayer hosts a community in which they all vary from each other. DOTA 2’s community is a bumpy road to travel across with its intense and competitive gamers to the ignorant fools that mess up the gaming experience for everyone. Competitive players are those who do not like to joke around as they take the game very serious. DOTA 2 to a competitive player is like the law to a police officer. It is also like cancer when a competitive player meets up an ignorant child that destroys the gameplay for everyone else, but more importantly to the serious player. It is very intriguing but difficult to cross over that swaying bridge of trolls (gamers that intentionally negate the gaming experience for others) and the competitiveness of the rest of DOTA 2, but the game becomes much more enjoyable. Similar outcomes to mastering the game are achieved when getting over that bridge. This certain game also includes a neat little lore behind all the characters that may take one’s mind of the skill requirement or the annoyance the community brings for just enough time to get back into mindless gaming.
    It is a clear-cut to me that the writers of DOTA 2’s lore have really put some thought into its characters. Where one hero like Omniknight may support and help others, another may slice through his or her enemy with ease and without remorse like Phantom Assassin. Some characters revolve opportunistic kills that travel across the map without fault like Nature’s Prophet and others are stationary and defensive that wait for a miscalculation in opposing steps like Techies. There is one specific hero that seems quite nice and generous but is really the mastermind behind why a whole war between The Radiant and The Dire broke out. The Radiant are normal and loving human beings and animals that fight against hellish monsters and beasts known as The Dire. The objective of every game is to destroy the opposing team’s ancient.
    I have spent over 1500 hours on this game and to a committed player, DOTA2 nears perfection.
  29. Mar 3, 2015
    One of the Worst Matchmaking systems !
    Does not encourage new players...
    New players have to deal with pro with new accounts in their first game.
    The MMR(Match making ranking) System is the most unfair and unrealistic
    Does not Review Reports
    Every Item has a price.. If you do get one, its not trade able.
    Every player quits one day...
    Most discouraging game in the universe !
  30. Feb 27, 2015
    This game at start going to be hard in controls and for new players it's may be too hard. But when you will learn the game, all of it's heroes and their abilities... This will be amazing. But despite of this fact you will see the truth that hiding in community of this game, in game store of this game and especially is the events that this horrible game making.

At bright past this game

At bright past this game was in beta and got update every month, Valve listen every community comment and they really tried to do game better.
    But what now? Now they do one of this 'month update' and release it semi-annually! Now they make every event pay-to-win or pay-to-play completely destroying their brilliant play-for-free system!
    How do you think what will be with this game in the dark future? Hope for the best.
    And I aware you to STAY AWAY from this game of course if you don't want to crush all of your sanity. I can recommend this game only if you will play with bots...
  31. Feb 23, 2015
    Please forgive this review it is part of my desire to strengthen my reviewing prowess and is the first all multiplayer game I am reviewing. (Also MetaCritic was crashing hard when posting this) Sorry if it looks weird I couldn't get it to work so many times.

Gameplay/Playability - Can I just put a 10 and call it good? I’ve never played a game with more addicting gameplay. There is a reason this Mod Birthed five games and a new genre of gaming. It is addictive. The constant updates mean that after a Six month break it will be vastly different. The game is hard, and requires time and effort but it will reward you for it. I could spend years discussing the finer side of the gameplay of this game and the way it evolves over time without breaking the surface. 10

Sound – Routinely impressive. The sound quality is great, music to fit the mood and the voice work is incredible. There are well past 90 characters each with multiple layers of voice work. Heroes in the game have lines to interact with each other as they: Walk past each other (friend or enemy), kill a hero, fight a hero and run, assist in killing a hero, survive a big attack. The spells and hero motions become so resourceful that you can react to a sound from a hero well out of sight who is en-route to murder you. Yet you hear it coming and run. Honestly the part of the game that most of the community ignores but it is such a strong factor in the gameplay. 10

Graphics – It is beautiful and graphics intense. Think WoW level of spell textures and scenery/shadows. You need some power to crank this game to full and it will be beautiful and worth it. 10

Story (Community!) – Seeing as this is multiplayer and has no story I will call this Community for this game. The community is crap, I’ve played potentially tens of thousands of hours at this point since the release of Dota Mod back in Warcraft 3. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that ever massive arrogant **** in the world is playing DOTA 2, Right Now! The game is riddled with terrible attitudes and bad sportsmanship. Your games will start with someone who sits in dead silence waiting to last pick then rages at everyone because something happened that they disagree with, these items that invoke such rage would usually be prevented with a simple amount of effort or giving a **** but they would rather stay silent and flame everyone when they don’t get there way. The developers are of no help and have done nothing to fix this issue in three years. At this point im not 100% sure this is a game, it could be a social experiment based on anonymity and arrogance. 0

Replay ability – The game is nothing if not replay-able. With matches averaging around 45 minutes there is nothing to prevent a person from sinking hours of their life into just one more match. 10
  32. Feb 23, 2015
    For the last 2 years this hack failed to present anything good. Terrible mmr (I had 5K), the developers instead of this fix, add the chests. Very tasty Gaben but I have had enough. The game is deleted.
  33. Feb 21, 2015
    Give us normal matchmaking and report system. VOLVO EARN SO MUCH MONEY FROM D2 WHY THEY THINK D2 PLAYERS ARE TRASH? Don't play this game until they add all heroes and normal matchmaking system!
  34. Feb 20, 2015
    This game is wonderful with so much depth that even after over 8 years of playing it I still have much to learn. But all of that depth and beauty is ruined by the horrible community. If you want to enjoy this game and have fun it's best to play with friends. Otherwise be ready for a lot of frustration if you play solo.
  35. Feb 16, 2015
    Started my first game, client recommended that I play some bot games to learn as I started out, I said "Awww, nah, I'll just jump into normal matchmaking". Immediately lost 10 games in a row, and was subject to an entire life's worth of abuse and reports for being a noob. 700 hours later I do not regret my decision.
    11/10, would get flamed again.
  36. Feb 15, 2015
    nice ivent, nice mm, ty
    DotA2 is very much a mixed bag. They did a fairly good port regarding graphics, aesthetics and general feeling of DotA1 is in there. The game is wonderful when you get into a good game, with opponents and team mates equal of your skill.
  37. Feb 15, 2015
    if you don't want to make events then just don't. This New Bloom **** is on a whole new level of retardation. The idiot that thought of the 10 minute join time for the event should get fired. **** YOU VOLVO.
  38. Feb 15, 2015
    **** game I have ever played in my entire life. PVP pay2win events you can't even get rid of. **** servers that go down 10 times a week. Can't even **** trade items at all. Valve has no communication. **** ass game, just go to league please.
  39. Feb 15, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ Give NEWBLOOM Expand
  40. Feb 15, 2015
    Valve are starting to turn the game into a money grab, for this reason you should not play it until they understand how to treat customers like people.
  41. Feb 15, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Your event is awful. Your servers always are down when event start. At the same time issued a thing worth 34 USD.....Stop this! Stop doing items fix yours servers. Expand
  42. Feb 14, 2015
  43. Feb 14, 2015
    The game itself is good. But the way valve treats community is getting worser and worser. So this new event for the chinese new year. During the day there is only 10 min to enter the event, and guess what? when the time has come the servers couldn't do it. And did i already tell about how this event is pay to win?
  44. Feb 14, 2015
    Anyone lost all their beast brawl matches so far?
    This is so frustrating! I joined 4 matches just to lose them all because I am always paired with noobs and feeders. Just because I have a higher win rate does not mean I must be forced to be paired with ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. The enemy team are always so good too!
  45. Feb 14, 2015
    valve is awful, no communication broken game server cant work, ugly hats, p2w events, tech issues, ffeeders, report system is bad elo system is bad valve sucsk
  46. Feb 14, 2015
    I am getting sick and tired of the way Valve is treating Dota's playerbase. I have managed to play one Year Beast match, and have been unable to connect to the other 5 I've tried playing. The worst thing about all of this is that Valve never responds; no apologies, no feedback whatsoever. I used to think highly of Valve, but now I am just pissed off at them.
  47. Feb 14, 2015
    Wow new hype i must join wow such rage much 0-score

Ahaha ty for p2w riot fix ur toxic game
    p2w p2w p2w ****
    lags lags lags fix euw volvo

Rly hate dat ****
  48. Feb 14, 2015
    When you release an event that is pay-2-win then fair enough. Can't fault you for it.

When you make this event the only thing that can be qued at certain points in the day, When you make it hyped enough that the number of people crash the servers, When you ignore the complaints and continue like nothing is happening.. I would like to congratulate valve on their successful merger with

I would like to congratulate valve on their successful merger with EA games.
  49. Feb 14, 2015
    They recently launched an event, pretty much akin to a pay to win event, and promised to launch it every 10 minutes at random hours throughout the day. Not only is it bad enough, that people pay and can't play it at their disposal, the servers go down EVERY damn time the event is supposed to take place. No christmas/new year event, not so much as a 'Merry Christmas' or 'Happy New year'They recently launched an event, pretty much akin to a pay to win event, and promised to launch it every 10 minutes at random hours throughout the day. Not only is it bad enough, that people pay and can't play it at their disposal, the servers go down EVERY damn time the event is supposed to take place. No christmas/new year event, not so much as a 'Merry Christmas' or 'Happy New year' guys. Valve is money oriented, siphoning money into their own pockets. 1 new hero delivered per year, servers are **** they make a buttload of money from the internationals and cosmetic sales, yet no communication whatsoever. Expand
  50. Feb 14, 2015
    Aweasome game with developers, who **** all dota 2 community, best machmaking system of all MOBA games! Best game of my ****ing life.... And i very a, when i download League of Lesbians and play in this game. Coz Rio havve brain and make game for all people(volvo work for money, isnt for communiy). TY
  51. Feb 14, 2015
    1. Disregard to the community.
    2. Idiotic events for which you have to donate.
    3. Crooked the matchmaking, that does not change over the years.
    4. The worst community, worse than in any other online game.
    5. Bad system of reports (games of the low priority), the penalty for no reason.
  52. Feb 14, 2015
    Вольво даунята, не могу нормальный ивент сделать, им лижбы наживится мудаки, делаю уебанский ивент с донатом и ещё и в секунду все сервера ложаться из-за их криворукости, кароче не качайте эту хуйню, 0 из 10!
  53. Feb 13, 2015
    This is an exceptional game with cool heroes to play as. Dota 2 is the king of moba. Enjoy playing as a dragon or a ranger or a wizard or a bug dude or an elemental thingy or another wizard.
  54. Feb 13, 2015
    NICE NEW BLOOM 2015 JUST WELL FCKING DONE 1 YEAR NO EVENTS AND U BRING TO US THIS. SO INTERTAINING THX DOTA 2 BEST GAME EVER. 10 min for finding game servers doesnt work. SO WELL DONE
  55. Feb 13, 2015
    Worst event ever. Thx for nothing. Better go and play leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends. leage of legends.
  56. Feb 12, 2015
    It's one of the best, I really love this game. I hope they will add more heroes and maps to the game. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently, and it's truly competitive games I've ever played.
  57. Feb 12, 2015
    This was Suppose to be the Best game fro me But now days they do not maintain server properly and they want Players to play with worst work and now days i feel worst game with **** Rules
  58. Feb 7, 2015
    The game could have been nice, but the community is a toxic waste. Unless you have a 5 man party, you will get **** on almost every game. The matchmaking is a bad joke, gaben laughs his fat cash grabbing face about it. Russians everywhere? Sure, why not? Balance? That is cute. Give cash to gaben and enjoy the spit in your face.
  59. Feb 6, 2015
    only cosmetic updates.....nothing else, the game has gone dead

with weekly updates, it used to be entertaining, but without any sort of timeline on them, the game feels stale
  60. Feb 3, 2015
    Addictively fun clickfest mixed with crushing frustration. If there was a symbol to describe the feeling you get playing Dota 2, it would be the yin-yang. A balance of good and bad elements that create an epic game. It is hard to properly describe a game that has acended to this height of audacious creativity. One can only stand and stare in awe.
  61. Feb 2, 2015
    Disappointing community. RU zone? Angry russians. EU zone? Angry russians. NA zone? Angry russians with 1754ms ping. Absolutely awesome. Nothing else.
  62. Jan 26, 2015
    Great game, very hard for casuals to learn, even now, after beeing noobed down to 5% difficulty. Mixing verterans and newbies doesnt solve the eternal question "whose fault it is". Some cant read, some cant think, some dont give a **** So, thats your base of operations, your team. You *can* create your own team, unfortunately you have to evaluate your team members, whichs is still hardGreat game, very hard for casuals to learn, even now, after beeing noobed down to 5% difficulty. Mixing verterans and newbies doesnt solve the eternal question "whose fault it is". Some cant read, some cant think, some dont give a **** So, thats your base of operations, your team. You *can* create your own team, unfortunately you have to evaluate your team members, whichs is still hard and sometimes quite surpring as with any other normal D2 game. Playing with real life friends is your best option here, otherwise, you wont have fun at all. Alone 1/10 vs team of friends 10/10. Expand
  63. Jan 23, 2015
    Where to start? I have been playing Dota since way back when it was a fledgling custom map for Warcraft 3. I played that game extensively and was a big fan. When league came out, I tried it and didn't care for it. I kept playing Dota and didn't care for any of the other clones as well (HoN, Demigod?) Then along came Dota 2. I tried that as well when it came out and didn't care for it. IWhere to start? I have been playing Dota since way back when it was a fledgling custom map for Warcraft 3. I played that game extensively and was a big fan. When league came out, I tried it and didn't care for it. I kept playing Dota and didn't care for any of the other clones as well (HoN, Demigod?) Then along came Dota 2. I tried that as well when it came out and didn't care for it. I went back to playing Dota. After about a year Dota 2 got better. It was just like the original but had better graphics and a control system designed for a MOBA and not an RTS. I started playing it more and more and eventually stopped playing Dota. The only game mode I was playing was ability draft. For an experienced player like myself it has the right combination of originality and skill required to play. This is where I get to how Valve has messed up with Dota 2. I am not sure if there is an over abundance of sheltered kids on Dota 2 now. I am not sure if Valve is trying to create a socialist utopia with their game. But the matchmaking system is atrocious. It is designed so that there is a 50-50 chance of each team winning. Which is just a hunch because they won't release how they match players in games. But in my thorough experience with the game that is what it feels like. In theory this is not a bad system. In theory communism works. As a player who routinely has to win games for their team and is competitive, this matchmaking system is abysmal. It basically matches up poor players with better players so they can get carried to wins. The algorithm keeps everyone around a 50% win rate regardless of how hard you try to win. In the original dota I had about a 80% win rate. This was just with random people joining a game. It also felt more natural a system. If I really wanted to win a game I could. In Dota 2 if you really want to win a game but it has matched you with crappy teammates you are screwed. After a couple of games of this happening it starts to get old. I start to get angry at my **** teammates. I can't make them better with my words but I can tell them how they suck and are wasting my time. If they have a problem with that they can mute me and report me for communication abuse. I am fine with having my chat privileges revoked even though it feels like Valve is stamping out free expression. Also If there is a mute function why do I need to have my chat privileges revoked? Anyway that has been the system and I was putting up with it. Until very recently they started putting people in the low priority pool for receiving too many reports. WTF? So if someone on the other team is beating you and you don't like it you can just report them and they will get put in the low priority pool? Why are the players given so much control on putting other players in the low priority pool? Isn't it obvious that is a **** system? And yes I know people will do that because I have reported other people before just because they beat me. Which brings me to why I wrote this review. I am currently in the low priority pool for receiving too many reports. I am not in the low priority pool because I abandoned games. I am not in the low priority pool because I was feeding. I am not in the low priority pool because I was abusing a skill. I am in the low priority pool because some **** reported me. Why should someone get put in the low priority pool for something they put in chat? This was the last straw for me personally. I have deleted the game and won't play any one of the low priority games. I have served time in low priority before for abandoning games. I didn't have a problem with that. But I feel I have to make a stand now because this is just absurd. Until Valve stops putting people in low priority for just expressing themselves I won't play their game. Heck, I might not even start playing again until they reform their atrocious matchmaking system. I am giving the game a score of 2. I would have put 0 but I did have some fun while playing ability drafts. I will change my score to an 8 if Valve reforms their matchmaking system and gets rid of communication low priority bans. Expand
  64. Jan 6, 2015
    Trash server. worst server I've ever seen. Terrible Gaming experience. I'm SICK of this **** daily period. U earn so much money from us can't u just get a better server?
  65. Jan 5, 2015
    BEST GAME IN STEAM,BEST GAME IN PC for you guys that hate this at least learn how to play i wonder why soo many peps hate this its free you dont need to use money/play 1 hour to unlock heroes,thank you gabe newell
  66. Dec 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 this game is just awesome, you can play it with your friends ,that I really enjoy this game,The game is wonderful when you get into a good game, with opponents and team mates equal of your skill. However, the game is a horrible experience Expand
  67. Dec 27, 2014
    Just play it. You will love it. But you'll need some friends, cause the community is generally terrible and full of angry dicks. Also its free. That's a **** value.
  68. Dec 27, 2014
    Bad game for spending time wasted with Donat for things cost of games for the PS3 with the trade with things ploschayakoy 1000 Dolar buy that stupid and reckless
  69. Dec 25, 2014
    nice but it's all just about game, don't be serious. sometime you need to back in your life. game is game, your life must go on. chase what you want. But for overall. it's very nice game. i really enjoy play this game. Just try , and let your brain make a good way to be a winner.
  70. Dec 23, 2014
    fantasy game with e-sports games! its all made of the game, so...
    fantasy game with e-sports games! its all made of the game, so...
  71. Dec 21, 2014
    Playing This game for a long time and it is still fun! Together with my friends we always have fun playing this game. The Game Improved great! Challenging other people's heroes,Teamwork is really needed and must be the first thing keep in mind,don't Be an **** 2 is great Moba game!
  72. Dec 20, 2014
    I'll start off with a 10/10 and work backwards to the score.
    Graphics: Pretty good for this type of game. I've played other MOBAS. Dota 2's graphics are the best out of the bunch. They have a relatively higher degree of fidelity than the others. +2 (Not pushing the limits) Score: +2
    I'll start off with a 10/10 and work backwards to the score.
    Community: The Community is intense. This results in a lot of negativity directed towards those who are learning the game, trying new things etc. You also get very positive interactions due to the intensity, but it’s hit or miss. You also get a fair number of people who troll a game. This is common amongst all online games, but, due to the competitive nature, it really stands out. This game seems to bring out the best and worst of people. It is arguable that this is part of the fun. Score-3

Mechanics/controls: The Game Mechanics are Simple and easy to grasp. Mouse driven, only a few hotkeys to use in order to perform the majority of tasks and the more detailed functions are easily identifiable, and customizable. Score: +2
    Complexity: Dota 2 is relatively complex compared to the other MOBAS. The trees are destructible so you can carve paths that do not normally exist, and create optimal angles for certain abilities, You can use them to escape to; the multitude of existing paths create varied and numerous ‘juking’ possibilities. You have to last hit and deny, Heroes also interact with the map in different ways, some gain vision, others have map-wide abilities etc. The degree of complexity is not for everyone. Other games cut back on complexity. It’s a play-style preference, but if you enjoy a high degree of competitiveness the complexity (you ease into it over time) is beneficial. Score +1
    Content: The best thing about Dota 2 is all content that affects gameplay is free to everyone, and stays free. All pay-content or grind content is cosmetic. Sound, effects, textures, graphical aspect etc. Other games have you pay for this or grind for hundreds of hours. The WHOLE game of Dota 2 is free from the start. This is a big benefit. If one player didn’t have access to some heroes then that would be a HUGE disadvantage. Score +2

Balance: The game is very balanced. The balancing has literally taken place since 2003 when it was a mod for Warcraft 3. Many minds have balanced this. Even still, changes are made, and the game continues to improve Score +0 (Games must be balanced only negative scores possible)

Valve: The parent company is a detractor in how they police the community. It assumes players are dumb and cannot police their own experience. The first time you have a muted player on your team, and you cannot properly interact with them, and lose the game you’ll understand why I bring this up as a negative. Just because other people said he’s a rude dude; doesn’t mean I would have, but I do not have the choice. I have to put up with the handicap on my team. Sure a person may just be a jerk; this should be up to me, not Valve. It is also difficult to get customer support for the game. The company is also slow to improve old hero models, and adding in missing heroes… I’m sure this is intentional to decrease their ongoing development costs. Score -3
    Player base: Hit or miss, the game has dedicated roles with the various heroes. When others ignore them you’ll likely lose the match. This can be one of the most frustrating aspects about the game. You just learn to live with it, and find another game. Score -3
    Heroes/items: MOBAS generally have heroes. In other games there isn’t much real difference between them. Sure they have some different abilities, but Dota 2 really differentiates these abilities, and has an added element of early/mid/late game heroes. If your team selection focuses on early play you have to do sufficient damage to the enemy early on before the other team can push into the later game where your selections are weaker. If you picked a lategame mix of heroes you have to delay the game to get to the stage of the game where your composition shines. You can also have a balanced team and that poses its own challenges. I played LOL and heroes generally scale much more consistently to the later stage of the game, where in Dota your selection plays a bigger role. Items are pretty much a universal aspect in MOBAS, and nothing any of them really stands out, so items don’t play into my score. +1
    Conclusion: This is a great game. It could be a 10/10 if Valve did a little less parenting of its players, and gave us more options to police our own experiences by ourselves. Communities will always be what they are. It’s too many variables to control, and valve has tried to do this and, in my opinion, failed. This game is a LOT of fun, has tremendous replay value, and is constantly being adjusted, updated, tweaked etc.

You will need patience to get past the initial harshness of the community, but when you do it’s worth it.
  73. Dec 17, 2014
    This game is pretty good but i own too much no real challenge in this game... 6000 rating and i only play meepo which is considered the hardest character, but hey this game is totally easy and fun. I guess this is a kids game
  74. Dec 15, 2014
    Having invested two thousand hours, I now disdain this game.

For new players, this game has an incredibly large learning curve - like all mobas, so if one plans to play this game, one must have a whole lot of patience. ---- The biggest flaw in this game (or mobas in genera) is that a slight disadvantage in the early games snowballs into a soul crushing 40-60 mins of slowly watching
    Having invested two thousand hours, I now disdain this game.

----
    The biggest flaw in this game (or mobas in genera) is that a slight disadvantage in the early games snowballs into a soul crushing 40-60 mins of slowly watching your team lose.
    It is especially difficult when placing faith in up two four strangers who at LEAST one of is just blatantly clueless.

Even when you are playing with competent people, you will probably be playing against a ridiculously unbalanced hero (Slark for instance) in which most people will recommend you to "counterpick" but often times is impossible due to team compilations.
  75. Dec 11, 2014
    This is quite hard game to rate correctly because there are matches for which you would give 10 and matches that you would give 0.

First some context. I have played thousands of hours in dota 1 and dota 2 on very high skill level. I have reached around 5k MMR in sequel without even trying. I didn't play much in stacks 5vs5, but most of the times solo or with single friend. Dota 1 had excellent, skill based gameplay. It lacked decent matchmaking platform with rankings and blacklists. Player base was low therefore waiting for games was long, especially on high skill level. Engine had it drawbacks, but it didn't affect gameplay much. Also it was impossible to reconnect to the game if you suddenly lost your connection.

Valve fixed lots of issues present in dota 1 and ported wonderful gameplay intact. Now we have new engine which lead to game mechanics clearance, reconnect option, fast game search and better graphics. However most important thing which was decent matchmaking platform was not provided.

Currently at 5k MMR very often you get 3-4 games in a row where you can't do anything because your teammates decided to feed. If you get this type of players you are doomed. You can't kick (you could in dota 1 ex. via vote), you can't forfeit (again like in dota 1). You have to play with them for the rest of the match which is usually 30-40 minutes or else you will be punished and put in LPQ. Basically sit and suffer (what a fun!). In addition you can't blacklist those players therefore if you queue again there is high chance you will play with them again. Last thing is that matchmaking sometimes puts solo queuers against stacks (premade group of players). I don't even have to mention how unfair games like this can be. There is no visible ranking system which for me is a con.

Except matchmaking I have to mention that overall game development in dota 2 was and still is very, very slow. Heroes and updates are released once in few months. There are no new maps. This is probably due to old source engine which will be replaced next year. Anyway there is no excuse. It took Valve many years for something that was made with few modders in warcraft 3. That's a shame. But you have hats, at last if you care about cosmetics.

So to summarize. Wasted potential. Overall it is good old addictive dota 1 gameplay with some upgrades/downgrades around it. Still you would expect more for a sequel to such an aged game and I think overall the cons outweight the pros. In dota 1 you had to wait longer, but received quality matches. In dota 2 match quality is far worse so overall it is worse game. It is a shame and disappointment to see such a good game turned into this.
  76. Dec 7, 2014
    There are a lot of negative reviews for this game. Most of them are probably written by people who are angry because they just lost a string of games or got matched with bad team-mates. Don't be put off by them.

Let's make one thing clear; this game is hard. You will have to commit, and learn. When you start, you will feel completely confused and out of your depth, and you will have no idea what is going on. But you'll have some fun. By the time you get to your fourth try at a game, you're getting things together. Within a couple of weeks, you can see your progress. In 6 months, you might even be ok at the game. By a year later, you could even be good. This game takes a hell of a lot of time, because of its innate complexity and intricacy.

That's what makes this game arguably the best in its genre. Not only does it have a fantastic design team led by Icefrog, not only is it completely free (aside from purely cosmetic items), but it is fascinating, intricate, and often beautiful. It is a game that will challenge you, change you, and teach you a lot about persistence and patience, as well as the value of a positive attitude and team skills.

It does have its problems. The skill curve is intense, and sometimes it feels like you've hit a wall. The people who write such negative reviews are often those who have not pushed through their current wall and chose to give up, when all they had to do was choose to learn or not be bothered by bad players. Speaking of bad players...

The biggest problem is matchmaking. If you're in Europe, you will consistently be matched with Russians (since they are such a huge community) who often play on high ping and do not speak english; even when you get matched with good Russians, it is hard for them to have a significant impact due to the terrible connectivity and servers in Eastern Europe. If you're in the US, you'll have the same thing from Peru/South America and the Philippines. Be prepared for shouting teenagers, drunk/high players, people who troll, feed, afk, flame. At least one of these per game, but three or more if you're at the lowest skill levels (where you'll start off. Fun fun fun.) If you don't have a thick skin, this will get to you until you learn to have a thick skin or you leave the game. Often it's a good idea to take a break for a month or so and come back with a fresh attitude.

However, this is worth it for the huge strategic depth, variety and enjoyment the game can bring (in my view). I'm much more patient than I was, much calmer and slower to anger. If someone chucks an insult at me, it doesn't get to me, because it's nothing compared to feeding, screaming idiots (which actually gets funny after a short while thanks to helpless rage directed into a language they don't know by virtue of google translate. I've seen some hilariously convoluted insults).

This game is NOT for everyone, and is not for those easily angered/offended. If you are persistent and dedicated, the game will reward you for months or years with great, exciting games (yes, there are bad ones and you'll lose 50% of the time, but it's easy to forget the bad and remember the good). This is the best game I have ever played, and it has changed my view of things and my attitude for the better.

It's also free, so you may as well give it a go. If you choose to stick with it, who knows, I might meet you in matchmaking some day! Good luck, have fun.
  77. Dec 6, 2014
    Valve only want money. They do not care about users. They does not release events. Community turns away from this game, and this is right. Patch 6.82 released really bad.
  78. Dec 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where my events? Where my new heroes? Why do I need a new engine when satisfied with the old one? Why improve DotA 2 Workshop Tools if almost no one plays custom map? My score 0. Suck it Valve and
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Valve Give Frostivus
  79. Dec 6, 2014
    Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus
  80. Dec 1, 2014
    The community is very very young. I've seen a lot of negative players, toxic as hell. Personally I prefer LoL. The community is the same but riot work harder on their games !
  81. Nov 28, 2014
    This is by far the best video game i have ever played. It is fun, it is in depth, and it is competitive. There is endless amounts of innovation, and a constantly evolving meta game. Dota 2 is more than just a video game for me. I don't even play the game every day. Sometimes i go weeks without even getting on the game, but i am still connected to professional matches and am always "theoryThis is by far the best video game i have ever played. It is fun, it is in depth, and it is competitive. There is endless amounts of innovation, and a constantly evolving meta game. Dota 2 is more than just a video game for me. I don't even play the game every day. Sometimes i go weeks without even getting on the game, but i am still connected to professional matches and am always "theory crafting" because of the possibilities. This game has so many negative reviews its funny lol. Its a super competitive game no one wants to lose. It is frustrating for new players because no one is good enough to solely carry a game unless they get lucky, and when they don't get lucky instead of understanding why they are losing they look to blame others. It really isnt impossible to start playing the game, it just takes patience, and dedication. They are working on making better tutorials, its pretty funny actually. But if you want to get good you need to take self interest to get better, you cant just mindlessly play the game and magically end up an amazing player. Expand
  82. Nov 24, 2014
    I have played over 450 hours of this game and it never gets boring, its a great free to play game that the things you buy in game have no effect of how good you are at the game, by far, the best free to play game ever.
  83. Nov 23, 2014
    Good Game! Well Made! Have Fun! Good Luck!Good Game! Well Made! Have Fun! Good Luck! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Expand
  84. Nov 23, 2014
    Since I spend more than 1 thousand hours playing a game I cant say it's not enjoyable. Game has nice style, music, voices, effects and most importantly - gameplay. The only disappointment are players.
  85. Nov 21, 2014
    This is a horrible game. I hate this game. Everyone should hate this game. Its terrible, bad, aweful, godaweful. I hate that you have to write 150 characters....
  86. Nov 20, 2014
    Absolutely brilliant game that pioneered and defined the MOBA genre. Best of its kind and the most difficult too; new users may have trouble acclimating to the level of competitiveness.

But it's an absolutely excellent game. At least try it!
  87. Nov 19, 2014
    I keep coming back to this game no matter what other games come out. Basically once I'm done with any other game this is my default time sink. Sure people are annoying sometimes, but that's what the mute button is for... and I prefer using it to debating some teenager. Besides that game-play is satisfying and you get a rush when your team pulls of some nice combos.

If anything this

If anything this game is too addictive, but your experience will highly depend on the team you get. Thankfully, as of writing this review, Nov, 2014, the crowd has gotten a lot better than when I started playing this game a while back. Most people are normal, retards are far and few in between.
  88. Nov 19, 2014
    This game is for sure the most interesting and fun team game I've ever played. Leads compared to other MOBAs for graphics, balancing of the heroes and possibilities. Really hard to learn but still incredibly fun once learned. I'd say this game is more 9 than 10 just because there are some mechanics that need to be fixed or some heroes need to be rebalanced as in any MOBA game. No lagThis game is for sure the most interesting and fun team game I've ever played. Leads compared to other MOBAs for graphics, balancing of the heroes and possibilities. Really hard to learn but still incredibly fun once learned. I'd say this game is more 9 than 10 just because there are some mechanics that need to be fixed or some heroes need to be rebalanced as in any MOBA game. No lag problems if playing on servers like EU or Russia even with an avarage internet connection. Probably the thing that makes me say this game is not perfect is the community, often filled up with flamers... Expand
  89. Nov 18, 2014
    The balance is good, graphics are fine, hero diversity is great, and the depth is amazing.
    Its one of the few games that is really F2P. No need to pay to avoid grinding, the only things you pay for are cosmetics
    I've put over 3000 hours into it and I'm still learning stuff and hopefully improving. The only bad part is that its made by valve... That means the content comes out

The only bad part is that its made by valve...
    That means the content comes out incredibly slow.
    The game officially released in 2013, now its almost 2015 and they still haven't ported every hero. I'm not talking new heroes, just a straight up copy/paste of their skills with a graphics/audio update.
    The game frequently goes 5-6 months with no updates.
    About 6 months ago they promised customizable buildings and new mega creep appearances.
    Still nothing about that.
  90. Nov 18, 2014
    omg dota is so goods it is basically my life once i started playin i cant stop i am only writing this now because im in a lobby waiting for a match and i thought it was a good idea to get more people playing.Now first of all the graphics are AMAZING. they make the female characters look so hot i dont even need to watch porn anymore and have learnt to play with one hand you get what imomg dota is so goods it is basically my life once i started playin i cant stop i am only writing this now because im in a lobby waiting for a match and i thought it was a good idea to get more people playing.Now first of all the graphics are AMAZING. they make the female characters look so hot i dont even need to watch porn anymore and have learnt to play with one hand you get what im sayin ;))) dota i sbasically life i dont need anythin else other than food of course but my grandma brings me so many snacks which is great. since i dropped out of school i have been able to focus more time on dota cos i dont have any dumb homework to do anymore so i can literally get 14 hours a day in (i would play more but grandma says i need some sleep). on the downside my skin has got much worse and i have this green spot on my man parts, does anyone know what this is? it hurts when ive been playing for like 10 hours which is very annoying cus i need to play more. my grandma says im addicted i say stfu grandma, play some dota, drink some pepsi max - life sorted.
    peace
    add me on steam ~ Demented ~ i am fun and need more players for my teaam which is called Ankor, my team are all skrubs and i need better support
  91. Nov 16, 2014
    Valve rly dont care about community, all they want - is money. Where is TI4 goals? Where is events?
    I'm didnt saw any drop for a 3 weeks! "Nice" new drop system. FU greedy Gaben.
  92. Nov 13, 2014
    Within a year, I could speak fluent peruvian and russian.

In all seriousness, Dota 2 is a highly addictive real time strategy game. It looks beautiful and is very rewarding. Hard to learn, hard to master. I definitely recommend it to anyone.

93. Nov 12, 2014
    I have a serious problem with judging this game. While the game itself is the best PvP I have ever had in all my gaming life (25 years of gaming) it is the community where it fails horribly. The community in this game is awful. Some people should really be banned from playing this because they have psycholigcally brake at some point during the match and they start flaming everyone or theyI have a serious problem with judging this game. While the game itself is the best PvP I have ever had in all my gaming life (25 years of gaming) it is the community where it fails horribly. The community in this game is awful. Some people should really be banned from playing this because they have psycholigcally brake at some point during the match and they start flaming everyone or they find the scapegoat and blame him or her. This is a very repulsive experience and this is what pushed me away from this game. Also the matchmaking system fails. Sometimes you will get matched surprisingly weird with some guys not having a single clue what to do and how to play. There is a large number of matches where you will experience and utter stomp in either side.

Besides this the actual game idea and the combat system is simply genious - the best any game has ever delivered in PvP mechanics.
  94. Nov 11, 2014
    - Hard as hell, require skill and brain .... check
    - "Good" matchmaking system ... check
    - Servers full of !@#$%^& noob / re!@#$ (sorry if this is offensive) russians, pinoys and peruvians ... check
    - Nice cosmetic system ... check
    - And last one: "Fun? You must be new"
    10/10 would play again
  95. Nov 8, 2014
    This is a game that I thoroughly enjoy playing. It uses RTS (Real Time Strategy) in a fun, exciting and very challenging way. The only real problem is the largely volatile community, but that is found in all games of this kind (LoL, for example). Overall: a very well-developed, well-polished game that fully deserves 10/10.
  96. Nov 7, 2014
    No proper game development! No connection with the audience! Ignores the opinion of the community! (No Diretide, no serious updates, no new heroes, only hats!)
  97. Nov 5, 2014
    A really great online battle game, loads of depth, lots of heroes and lots of replay-ability. Very nice business model in that you only really pay for vanity gear, just wish they updated the game a bit more regularly. Still a 10 from me due to the sheer value for money and quality of the product.
  98. Oct 31, 2014
    Знаете, игра как таковая очень приятная. Но этот рейтинговый мм. Когда ты играешь в него ты понимаешь, что тебя просто кормят говном. Ты проигрываешь и думаешь, наверно в следующей игре мне попадутся адекватные товарищи по команде, и люди не инстапикающие войда. Но нет, ты опять жрешь говно в еще большем количестве. Какого хрена у меня наиграно 1500 игр, 2300 часов в игре, а меня кидает сЗнаете, игра как таковая очень приятная. Но этот рейтинговый мм. Когда ты играешь в него ты понимаешь, что тебя просто кормят говном. Ты проигрываешь и думаешь, наверно в следующей игре мне попадутся адекватные товарищи по команде, и люди не инстапикающие войда. Но нет, ты опять жрешь говно в еще большем количестве. Какого хрена у меня наиграно 1500 игр, 2300 часов в игре, а меня кидает с даунами по 100 игр.Какого жера так трудно подняться даже на 100 ммр. Я знаю ответ, нужнен новый сет на войда!!! Expand
  99. Oct 31, 2014
    Dota 2 was the sequel (its basically a HD remake, not a sequel) to the hugely popular Warcraft 3 mod. It was based off you select one hero from a pool and you control that hero and your creeps (AI minions) would just come wave after wave and go down a preselected lane. The original game created the MOBA genre.

Now years after the original game, huge popularity and many games to follow

Now years after the original game, huge popularity and many games to follow in its path do we get Dota 2. When they announced this game I was really excited, and even after thousands of hours of playing I do still enjoy it...at times.

The game runs flawlessly in the source engine, every animation looking amazing. It makes vast improvements over the original game from pregame hero selection to patches and updates to balance out heroes and items.

Since the launch of HoN (Heroes of Newerth) and LoL (League of Legends) I felt less inclined to play the older brother of the 3 and gravitated more to HoN where it got most of its ideas from Dota. S2 games is quite a bit smaller then Valve obviously, but I've found they have done a few things right.

First off, Dota has the option of what region you want to play in, but no region lock like HoN did. You will queue up for US East, and still get Brazilian and Chinese players. Now nothing against playing with people from different regions, but when you play a game that is reliant on communication, and you speak 2 different languages it makes it difficult. The game really should be region locked.

Another thing S2 did was provide a concede vote. When a player leaves the game in a ranked game, you are forced to play out the game or take a leaver status if someone leaves or you are losing. Some teams will drag out the game to an hour if the game could of ended 15 mins in.

Another very minor thing would of adding skins for your heroes over very minor pieces of gear. Some barely make your hero unique in any way and basically looks like the same as the default skin, but like i said this is a minor gripe that doesn't affect game play at all.

Overall ive spent 1000's of hours in the game and still play it, so they must of done something right, if only they would add a concede vote and a region lock I would finally be able to fully enjoy the game.
  100. Oct 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE Expand
  101. Jul 10, 2013
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this game, butThis game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this game, but both games are compleatly different. Its like comparing COD and Battlefield, they are so different that connot be compared. (no preference on either game, I think bot of them are good) Give this game a try, the learning curve is very steep but it is rewarding when you learn. I think this is the best gave valve has ever developed and has been the most played game on steam ever since the second year of beta development. Try it out, its free and badass! Collapse

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.