6.3

1. Apr 19, 2014
    Before I start, I would like to say that I have spent about 2000 hours on the game, and that I quit it about 4 months back.
    Your opinion on this game is based on whether you play it for hours and hours or not.
    The game itself is a well made standalone version of the famous warcraft 3 map. The detail put into the heroes is amazing(Graphic & Audio wise), but still, some fail to live up to
    their war3 counterparts.
    And that's about all of the nice things I have to say about the game.
    It's graphics(not hero design) look dated. But that's not so important.
    You see, this is a team based game, and unless you are going to play with friends, you can bet you're going to get matched with someone who doesn't speak the language you queued up for. The amount of toxicity in the community is insane, and the only counter to it which VALVE have so far is a simple mute, which only ruins the game for people who get matched with the muted player. The game also has an inexcusably huge amount of unfixed, confirmed bugs, if I recall correctly, the number is about ~800.
    Also, ever since The International 2, VALVE have been extremely slow with hero updates(Prior to the The International 2, there were updates that had as many as 3 heroes in them, all coming out each week), while still pushing out cosmetic updates week after week.
    This games learning curve is steep, and you MUST invest time in watching tutorials, streams, trying out things in a lobby(on top of actually playing the game) if you want to make any sort of progress with it.
    This, in my opinion, is not bad, but it is very intimidating for newcomers.
    And with this I'd like to end my review of the game.
    But no matter what I say, this game is still going to grow, and so is it's playerbase. Let's just hope the future is brighter.
  2. Apr 19, 2014
    It used to be good, now you get communication-banned for saying stuff like "that was a bad play." Count on Valve to ruin anything that might have been good. MMR system is completely awful and if you live in the US, expect to have people who don't speak English on your team. Great game fallen to ruin by self-righteous, nanny trash company. I've never liked Valve as a company or any of their previous games. I was happy about dota because they got the original developer of the game. I have been playing Dota 2 since early beta and the game is not the same anymore.

Is it so hard to mute people you don't want to talk to through the in-game UI? Apparently Valve thinks so! Whenever I can't stand Peruvians screaming gibberish or nasally voiced 12 year olds, I just mute them. Nanny Valve doesn't trust your judgment though, so I guess they'd better mute people themselves so nobody can listen to them!
  3. Apr 15, 2014
    This game is for those who have time and determination Upon reading these reviews, you will notice some things: --Reviews are almost completely 9&10s or 1&2s --Professional Critic reviews are very high --Many people choose to speak about Valve rather than the actual game I think that from this, we can assume a few things. -- This game is definitely not for everyone. If you are not willing to put in many hours a few moments of pure frustration, read no more. This game is not for you. If you will not accept that defeat may occur in the most humiliating way, read no more. If you cannot accept that updates are made based on the most recurring needs, not your own, read no more.
    -- This game has massive potential, but the potential of any given match is determined by the players. If you want a perfectly even match, you cannot find it! The reason being that a 'perfect' match cannot exist! You will find matches that are so leaned one way that you stand no chance! However, that does not mean you should quit. The 'currency' of dota is build items. The more you have, the more money and/or time you have put in the game. Typically, items are awarded only to the best player of the winning team, but one can earn an item regardless if you are good enough. Just to put an example, I once had a game where 3 out of the 5 people on my team quit. This meant that odds were 100% I would lose. But i played well enough I was awarded an item.
    -- Valve is a large company. They simply could not support a customer feedback group large enough to help every single person within a timely manner. Sending something to valve only ensures that the said mail will be read at some point, not that you will get a reply. Many low reviews comment on the slowness of the updates. This is not true. Small updates are made almost constantly in a process called the 'balance changelog' which ensures that no hero/item is too powerful. Major updates, such as a new character or likewise feature are rare, but no rarer than in any other game!
    -- People will sabotage a game for their own. Many low reviews state that dota is horrible in every way. I would be surprised if the majority of these people did not play league of legends, a similar and fun spin-off of dota. Critics judge the game without comparison to others, it is their job. Meanwhile the rest of us cannot help our bias. I have mine, you have yours, and every other review on this page has theirs.
    -- Dota is, by no stretch of the imagination, perfect. It has its flaws, such as a community that for the most part I have found to be silent or polite, but with some nastiness found on any multiplayer game. Honestly, the community is better here than on any console shooter I've played. There are bugs that can ruin a game and that people claim exist forever (In reality valve does not tell you they are fixed, they just fix the bugs) and of course the matchmaking! Remember that while some matches are unfair, the computer is doing the best with what it has. The computer can only put you in a match for the regions you select with other people joining a game at the same time as you. Be kind to the robots. They will spare you in the uprising.
    -- People lie. If you believe every statistic given here, you are a fool. Many of the facts are true to a specific point in time far in the past, and many more are simply lies given by people who got beat up by a bloodseeker their first game and never played again.

I hope this review has been helpful. And please, don't judge after one game. Thats like judging you based on a single sentence you have uttered. (This would be uh.... for most of us)
  4. Apr 15, 2014
    HOW I RATE: 10-9 score: perfect or near-perfect don't exist; 8 score: one of the best games ever. Top score; 7-6 score: great but not one of the best; 5-below score: serious gameplay flaws.
    ===========
    It may have not started the MOBA gender when it first came out as a custom map for Warcraft 3 in 2003 (because the custom map for StarCraft 1 called Aeons of Strife did that) but it's the
    KING of moba & also the hardest to master. I've played it since late 2009 (nearly 5 years) & have not been bored for too long to stop playing it completely. It's a perfect product but you get what you put in it.

Long live the King.
  5. Apr 12, 2014
    Theres a reason this is the most played PC game of all time as of the moment. The first few games suck yes but when you learn you cant put it down. If one person on your team feeds you lose but i dont have a problem with losing i still have fun. A game can take from 20mins to 1 or so hours its a joy to play with friends i recommend it highly. 10/10 Ruined my life.
  6. Apr 8, 2014
    There are many key points to the game's success.
    First, the valuable lesson of teamwork! However, there is a small price of self-esteem and a 99 percent chance of being yelled at by your a**hole of a teammate. But hey, that's nothing!
    Also, ease of access is another important point! Just choose which Russia you want to play in!
    Many critics were happy with this product! For instance,
    jremy1253 commented,

"Before I played DotA 2, I though the Brazilians were only bad at soccer".

You see? Important life lessons! And to DotA fans, remember, you are entitled to your opinions, but this is mine. Please do not take it personally, otherwise risk facing a slight chance of ulcers, rage, and other side effects that would be harmful to the average human.

Thank you, and have a lovely evening.
  7. Apr 7, 2014
    For me the best MOBA there is to play. It is very difficult and challenging to new players but if you grab a few friends that are on the same skill level that you are you are going to have a blast. My only gripe with the game is that you can see what heroes the enemy team picks so counter picking is a really annoying thing to do but is done often.
  8. Apr 6, 2014
    DOTA Is a very difficult game. If you are looking for a more Casual MOBA style game. Don't play DOTA 2. It takes a lot of time to learn and is a game that takes years to master. League of Legends is the casual persons MOBA game. With that being said. DOTA is a lot of fun for people who take the time to learn how to play it. It has deep varied strategies and with every devastating loss you will find a glorious victory. I played League for a couple years before DOTA 2 came out and it was fun, but once DOTA 2 came out I left it behind because DOTA has a lot more to offer and you can't beat the original. Expand
  9. Apr 4, 2014
    Poor match making system that puts players in games where there is no way to win because of a giant gap in skill level as well as counter picking in the most played mode 'All Pick.' It leads to frustrating games where no one has fun, not being able to do anything. If you are deciding between LoL or DotA 2, go to LoL. I've only played it a couple times but no one I know complains about it as much as DotA 2. The community is very toxic as well, no one is helpful. Expand
  10. Apr 4, 2014
    The best game ever...
    IceFrog idea of a competitive game has been taken to the next level with Valves support and built a whole world up around it.
    Many hours spent playing this game and I see many many more coming.
  11. Apr 3, 2014
    Dota 2 concerteza é o melhor MOBA atualmente, por mais que o jogo possa ter alguns defeitos, o que é normal em todo game, a Valve vem trabalhando muito em cima disso, moldando o Dota 2, que tem por "natureza" a maior complexidade de jogo dentre os demais MOBAs, e tornando-o um jogo cada vez mais falado e amado pelos jogadores.
    Devido a isso espero que, com o passar do tempo, vejamos um
    game free to play, que trara grandes experiencias, entreterimento e diversao para seus jogadores, telespectadores e para as pessoas em geral, sendo assim quebrando todas as espectativas e recordes de evolução dos eSports que existem por aí. Obrigado. Expand
  12. Apr 2, 2014
    I'm play on the SEA servers as playing on the other servers causes lag.Majority of the people met here are Pinoys.Granted not all of them flame and feed and harass and spoil the game,but the ones who do,do it in extreme.It's never fun to play as you get these brainless dirtbags most of the time.There are other reasons involved for this rating such as sad server mainenence,loads and loads of useless cosmetics and a single map to play on.Frankly speaking the pinoys should have their own servers(whuch won't happen) or should be banned from Dota 2.I've left the game and if you do play on SEA servers I suggest you dropout too which would grant you peace of mind. Expand
  13. Apr 2, 2014
    F*cking, terrible. There is literally nothing i found good about this game, I played the original DotA mod for Warcraft III and was hooked, it was **** glorious, but now it is pure **** it doesn't look good in any way, it's slow, and boring, only in the end is it fun, it is in no way good or competitive. Jesus **** Christ, if you haven't played any MOBA before this is THE LAST MOBA you wanna try, it is not newbie friendly, neither is the community, there are few english speaking people who you'll find in this game and the rest are ALL **** RUSSIAN, if you wanna experience a good MOBA you should play smite or LoL (i know, i know... but they're basically DOTA 2 with smoother graphics and more competitive). Long story short, DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT BY ANY **** MEANS PLAY THIS HORRID **** GAME. Expand
  14. Mar 25, 2014
    Dota 2 is the revolution in cybersport. It makes e-gaming feel like real serious sport, as it was football or basketball. And this is the main merit of Dota2 and Valve.
    Besides game is really great, it is deep, variative, competitive, hard.
    The ones who dislike it are the fans of LoL(which is another great MOBA Btw), conservative fans of Dota1, or the ones who doesn't want to spent like
    1000 hours(real 1000 hours) to understand mechanics of game(Usually they want to be pro after completing tutorial, like in every SP shooter, never playing MP coz, surprise there are always bunch of players playing much better then you) .
    Love it or hate it, DOTA 2 is the BIGGEST GAME that was created by industry.
  15. Mar 25, 2014
    For down & lags

Dota down down down down down down down down down down down down down down downdowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndowndown
  16. Mar 23, 2014
    дота говно ебаное блядь пиздец хуйня для мудаков и долбоебов сраная поебень созданая очкодерами для очкодрал вшивый высер от обоссаных уебков и хуесосов
  17. Mar 22, 2014
    Horribly unbalanced game. Community is full of immature people. Game for people with no lives. Not for a casual video game player. Would not recommend this trash to anyone.
  18. Mar 22, 2014
    They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide.
  19. Mar 20, 2014
    Valve gave great tutorial about this game and the gaming system is great. With MMR system, you can hone your skill in playing such game. Also this game offer many cosmetics, though some are overpriced in my opinion. This game is addictive.
  20. Mar 18, 2014
    While Dota 2 is a fundamentally good game, it has its share of issues. The most notable of these is its absolutely horrible community -- possibly one of the worst I've ever encountered. However, it would be wrong to let the players impact the actual game's score. The REAL issue with Dota 2, though, is its overwhelming complexity. There are 112 heroes at the time of writing (107 playable), and each has a minimum of four skills. This means that there are more than 448 skills which you need to memorize the function of just so you won't be at a disadvantage when facing off against someone using them. Then you have to get a grasp of the highly complex mechanics, and various strategies that take a long time to learn. There are also over 100 items in the store, the purchasing of which varies from one hero and situation to the next. Again, Dota 2 is simply too complicated for its own good. I shouldn't have to read a freakin' textbook just to play a game! Expand
  21. Mar 16, 2014
    This game's user score should be at least 2 higher because of all the "DIRETIDE PLZ VOLVO" reviews that people did.
    Anyway this is going to be a short review. The game is free, yet is not pay to win, has around a hundred playable heroes all very different and versatile and is constantly updated. I mean come on, how can you not love it? The graphics are great, mechanics are smooth and no
    single hero is overpowered if the opponent is smart and can utilize his items and hero abilities. This is the TF2 of the MOBA genre, except that it's even better in the retrospect that nothing you buy can aid you to win. The only downside to the game its very steep learning curve but if you put in enough time the game is immensely fun. 200 hours in and I love it to bits. Highly recommended. Expand
  22. Mar 16, 2014
    Worst game ever. Just copypast of original dota with the function of reconncect. Terrible community, very gloomy graphic. And dota isn't a hard game. I don't hear it about original dota, but dota2 has become so hard(WHY?). You don't need a lot of ideas and time to make copypast, it was only made to take YOUR money.
  23. Mar 15, 2014
    Dota 2's genius gameplay, allows you to strategize in different ways with the different heroes selected. It's satisfying to perform tactics that you and your teammates plan, providing an exciting challenge against your enemies. While the design can be irritating at times, and while the user interface in-match could be less distracting, Dota 2, in the most time, flawlessly and beautifully.
    The heroes are divided by two optional choices for their hero: to make him an attacker or supporter. It depends on the overall strength and power value that the hero has. It's a must to strategize with the two elements combined, because it makes for a good teamwork and a valuable time. Killing other players is important, but slashing some creeper blood isn't bad either, helping the player to earn coins for buying important items and to earn experience, which levels you up to upgrade your powers. The powers are specialized attacks or other abilities which need to be used cleverly to positively perform the duty. They either do damage, heal, teletransport, make clones... you get it, there is a LOT of abilities counting all the heroes. And the items too need to be bought and used smartly, where the player needs to focus more on suggested items. If the suggested items are not workable right, then the dictionary helps you with everything, starting from instructions by users, to actually and visually showing what items and powers to focus on. It's really helpful. Also, crafting needs to be mentioned, for, basically, buying the expensive items that you want easier and safer.
    The objective of every match is to destroy enemies' defenses and to finally destroy the Ancient tower of the enemy. When you with your teammates do that, your team wins. But it gets more complicated than that, because on the other hand enemies are trying to do the same thing. If they teamwork and use powers well, they're more likely to win. But, to prevent that from happening, obviously you with your teammates need to do better than that. Playing individually is not recommended, because it shows selfishness to the player and the team might loose. So, the most important obligation is teamwork in this game.
    The game itself has some modes which don't change the gameplay style, but only the hero selection style. And that is really nice, because it adds multiverse to the game. I don't know if you understood the last sentence, but you'll get it if you dig deeper.
    Does the tutorial help? Yes, it kind of does, but you need to get an experienced player to instruct you how to play the game. And playing with bots when you start playing is recommendable.
    Is this game good? Dota 2 is a fantastic MOBA. Well, what did you expect from Valve? 8/10
  24. Mar 14, 2014
    One of the best game I've ever played, even though learning curve is really high it still gives lots of fun.
    For some reasons I heard that this game is really imbalanced, probably because it's mostly directed to competitive scene.
  25. Mar 14, 2014
    gtfo league fanboys and stop hating on dota because you decided to play the n00b moba and found dota too hard for you lololololololololololololololololol
  26. Mar 11, 2014
    This game destroyed my friends and killed my entire family. **** this game yeah **** it lol asdgaigrjseriugdfignsdjifgnsdjifsdfgsdfgjsdofijgsiodfj sdfgoijsdfosjidfiogjioj sdfoigjdfg gifjty
  27. Mar 11, 2014
    This game could be cool but there is something wrong with it. IT'S **** MATCHMAKING. VOLVO, CAN YOU THINK ABOUT IT? PEOPLE WITH 3K HOURS DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY! OMG
  28. Mar 9, 2014
    Don't believe the positive reviews, this is a terrible game. In theory its cool but its impossible to find a game, when you do someone always quits so one team is unbalanced, often this triggers one or more people quitting so you end up on a team down 1-2 players.

Then if you're on that team you're up against it and if the other team gets a couple of kills you're quickly stuck in a 40
    minute trudge to your inevitable loss. In theory its awesome but in practice awful. Expand
  29. Mar 5, 2014
    This game is horrible. I have seen better MOBAS made by monkeys. The tutorial is way to long and the heroes are poorly put together. .
  30. Mar 2, 2014
    Dota 2 score should be split into 2, first should be about the game and I think it'sbrilliant... but it's not the game for a solo player as myself... if you have a group of friends to play it... you will all like it and maybe even win some cash in Dota2 tournaments... this part I'm giving 10

And there is the other side: community and match making. Valve does not pay any attention to
    match making and sometimes it feels like all dota players are russians... you play on US servers: all rusians, you play on europe servers: all russians... you play on south africa servers: all russians. Valve should do something about that problem... but I think DOTA2 is becomming official russian sport like starcraft in south korea. If you are a noob player you will hear unpleasant comment about your parents and your relatives...

Community side of the game is so terrible that its hard to give DOTA2 any fair score... the game itself is brilliant and requires a lot of teamwork... if you dont have a good team... you can still get sucked into this game and even after being shouted and hearling bad stuff about your mother... you will keep playing it and maybe even enjoy it.
  31. Mar 1, 2014
    ne alıp veremedıgın var ? adam gıbı davransaydınız 2'nızı de kımse banlamazdı o oyunda kımse sıze yardımda etmezdı kodum dıngılı turk degılmısın yuz versek astar ıstıyorsun sıze o az bıle mınecraft olayına gelınce ben senden kac yas buyugum ıt keyfımı bozmucaktın oyunda sen benden 1 ay once basladın dıye kendını allah mı sandın got lalesı
  32. Feb 28, 2014
    A mediocre attempt to cash-in on the success of DotA: All-stars that thrilled the masses. Not only did they fail to improve on the mechanics of the original but they failed to stay true to the original where it counted. Style and mechanics. The issue is that the development team lacked both Eul and Guinsoo, with only Icefrog there is little they can do. The interface is hard-to-read, the graphics blend together to create a kind of blurry mess, many mechanics were ripped out and placed into a "classic-mode" and many new items and mechanic changes have ruined the game for those of us who enjoyed the original. Fan boys rave about how "balanced" it is but it isn't.

Not a BAD game by any rate. Just not a DotA game.
  33. Feb 28, 2014
    A very engaging game with a plethora of heroes, abilities and extreme re-playability - rare to find even in bought titles. For a free game, this offers thousands of hours of entertainment as you encounter players from all around the globe. Team up with your friends for your best chances of winning and minimising rage-inducing moments.

It is unfortunate that there are many players out
    there who will go out of their way to make it hell for one to play. Steel yourself for the insults and cat calls and all the 'your mum' jokes because it will all come back with the fields of twelve year olds roaming on the servers.

However, if you're lucky to encounter courteous players, you're in for a treat. There are ban systems in place to educate those to overstep the boundaries. Remember guys, it is just a game, no need to get too mad over a few deaths and lost kills.

Game mechanics are mostly sound, a few minor bugs and tweaks, updates are constant, albeit at times small, they do make a difference to the game play. If you do find some bugs, it is mostly hilarious than become a game breaking moment.

There are heroes to suit every play style and several modes for your choice of play: ALL PICK for a somewhat uneven play field. For your best shot, perhaps the least played hero mode. For those who are just looking for a good time with laughs; the Random Ability Draft mode is sure to tickle your fancy with a vast variety of skills being up for grabs for the random hero you are allocated. Enjoy!

A great game all in all. Great for quick games (usually 40 minutes long) if you're not in the mood for something too long. Regular and attentive updates and a good 90+ heroes for you to master.
  34. Feb 26, 2014
    I know this game, it's a bad LoL, now, it's impossible to speak about Dota without speaking about LoL too. Dota 2 is a really bad game, but it's a real free2play not like LoL. But LoL is just better. So, don't play to this game.
  35. Feb 26, 2014
    I have 800 hours into this game and am still deeply engaged and learning. Amazing depth in skills, interactions and repeat play. It is Free to Play, but I have spent $ on vanity items, but that is just it, they are VANITY items. No pay to win here. I am largely a solo player, so I have to rely on random or half stack teams. Though I play BOTS games will my less competitive friends and have a good time with them, I do see where causal players can be turned off.

Cons: I wish that VALVE would do some IP restrictions on their servers, playing US EAST or WEST with players Pinging in at 500+ is pretty brutal. People can be real jerks and make it unfun.

DOTA2 is a love hate for sure, you will love it and hate yourself and your team.
    That is MOBAs in general and it is best in class.

Plus drafted ability mode is ridiculously fun. Just stay the hell away from All Pick.
  36. Feb 26, 2014
    i lowe it i love it twoja stara i still hate it 2/10 trololololololollolooloololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo
  37. Feb 25, 2014
    Before that, all was bearable until Valvil not released fit and offerings ... I was disappointed in the event, and even more from the offerings. Over 40 + pages of rare eventually got no use to anyone. So let oppressive VALVE on!
  38. Feb 25, 2014
  39. Feb 24, 2014
    Honest Review. This game is a huge headache Ive been playing MOBA's for over 12 years. You want to progress without a team. Prepare to be at the fate of people that do not want to play as a team game. This game is meant to be a team game. The Team idea of this game is for your entire team to pick a ( Carry ) most cases a hero that can last the length of a game and skills scale very well. Hence everyone wanting to play this type of hero. Then you have support which I really do not mind playing as well as long as we are a team. Nope be prepared to be faustrated to the point of no return. I have uninstalled this game as I can truly see no positive coming from this game. People are rude. The team play is near non existent unless you are on a team and everyone wants to have the score despite no record keeping being held on the game. Yes it is easier to potty train your children then to progress past a point in this game. Then if you make mistakes instead of being coached you get bashed on continuesly until your spirit is not even in the game no more. Yes Potty training is not fun, but at least your kids arent bashing you continuesly while your coaching them to aim their skills correctly. Soapbox out and I've uninstalled this trainwreck for the last time. Thank you valve for bringing premium entertainment at no cost but I think I would rather be in the bathroom at this point at least everyone there speaks english. Expand
  40. Feb 23, 2014
    I love this game. It is hard, it has depth, and most of all it is very addictive. You will never play two matches the same, EVER. It is competitive and the community reflects it. The game mechanics are solid. I love the art design. They do events according to the season which is engaging. The game is completely free to play. You do not have to buy anything to enjoy the game. All of the heroes are free to try out at your leisure. The only thing that is for offer is cosmetics. Which in itself is enticing. I bought the portal pack and regret nothing. Listening to GlaDos announce the match never gets old. If you have a PC I highly recommend you play the game for yourself. I give it a 10/10! Expand
  41. Feb 23, 2014
    Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.
  42. Feb 22, 2014
    Don't say that this game is bad... of course league of legends is better ( it has more 5 years in it's age)... but Dota is pretty good too i hope this community changes. The graphics are epic and the game play it is not so good but you can play it very well. Review your ideas about this game!
  43. Feb 17, 2014
    I had so much fun punching elephants to death when i wasnt stunned. I got some good punches on this fat ass elephant but not many because everyone has a stun. Worst lego game ever. I might aswell go watch the lego movie coming out in the cinemas because im a 12 year old. either way, dota 2 sucks big black galaxy bars.
  44. Feb 17, 2014
    Constant updates. Financial model which does not effect gameplay. Initial learning curve is quite steep but there are customizable lobbies and co op bot matches to hone your skills. The one point off i gave because nothing is ever perfect. Any gripes you hear about the community is testimony to humanity, and not this game. I continue to meet many kind, helpful and hilarious players who i now play with on a regular basis. Expand
  45. Feb 17, 2014
    This one of my favorite games - appears simple but is devilishly complex. You'll want to proceed through the entire tutorial, and then ease into multiplayer, expecting significant early failure. Stick with it though, and experience one of the finest in free to play competitive RTS.
  46. Feb 16, 2014
    Crappy game forces you to play losing matches, imbalanced heroes, HORRIBLE matchmaking algorithm, all around **** game that should have stayed on Warcraft 3, it was way better back then.
  47. Feb 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game several times also i have watched pro games of pro player like alliance vs. This game just a disgusting i think there is only same items that they use like meka dagger.Some of games you get chests and you will want open it no you cant you must use REAL money.And There is also same tactics same game finish style get roshan push finish gg wp. Expand
  48. Feb 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played over 1000 hours, but do not have the nerves to play anymore due to poor communities made of Asians, Russians and North Americans that complain nonstop swearing will stop 80% have a badly internet connection (in the 500 thousands that are playing in every day 80% represents those mentioned above) in conclusion I'm glad I did not invest any money in this game, a good thing of this game I learned to swear in Russian. Expand
  49. Feb 7, 2014
    While DotA is (relatively) easy to learn, it is impossible to master. This makes for a continuing rich experience for the player as they will learn and grow in skill and strategy with other players of rough parity. You are matched (most of the time) with other players of similar skill, and this insures that you are challenged, but not obliterated, as you learn to play.

DotA has also
    introduced ranked matchmaking, which is highly recommended as it allows you to play with others of similar language, skill level, and passion. Expand
  50. Feb 5, 2014
    Dota 2 is strictly competitive MOBA and it is not easy to learn. Pros: - Dota 2 is absolutely free - There are a lot of tournaments played on this game - Great roster of heroes - Deep item builds and team strategies - High replayability Cons: - Hard to learn - Has TF2 hat virus - New heroes are often promised to get released yet it takes a lot if time to release them. - A lot of ragequitters that ruin the game.

I gave this game 8 our of 10 because this game is not perfect but still a great game nontheless!
  51. Feb 3, 2014
    If you want to get better, find a group of players to play with DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME SOLO. You will be mute banned by Peruvians, Venezuelans, or Mexicans playing on United State servers.
  52. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 2 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 3 out of 10, Multi-player: 9 out of 10, Length: 6 out of 10, Re-play: 9 out of 10, Value: 9 out of 10
  53. Feb 2, 2014
    I like dis game very much. I wait long time, but Volvo giff me diretide and new character to play with. Game is not dead anymore. Thank you Volvo, I buy your car and game for long time.
  54. Jan 31, 2014
    Nice game, nice graphics and sounds. Very good gameplay. It's a cooperative RTS so it could be very stressful, a match could last an hour. Anyway the interface is pretty and very clean and the game is well balanced. Just perfect for it's genre (beside the aforementioned design choices).
  55. Jan 30, 2014
    This game is awesome. This 180 degrees better than the previous game. It has more better graphic, more easily to play and the most I love is this game has the build guide that makes newbie can join to play too :)
  56. Jan 29, 2014
    One of the most addicting games I have ever played! I started playing Dota 1 around 2004 and went on to play Dota 2 when it was in beta. I agree with many of the negative posts here that the matchmaking system is flawed and that the game itself has some issues, but I don't think that these issues overshadow the fact that this is a great game. Yes the community isn't the most noob friendly and people can be overwhelmingly retarded sometimes, but if you have some good friends to play the game with, you are certainly going to enjoy it. Expand
  57. PUR
    Jan 28, 2014
    This game is Amazing, it can be a little troublesome for players without experience in the MOBA genre at the start, but overtime you will experience a feeling of retribution each time you learn and improve your gameplay. The game is still evolving, constantly providing features to help new players learn the basic game play mechanics, adding new content and balancing what is available. The community can be harsh at first, but you will gain friends by communicating and mechanics for penalizing bad conduct are available and efficient. Expand
  58. Jan 28, 2014
    Its a very good game. I started playing since the beta about 1 and a half year ago. Its true that its hard to master the game but Its very interesting and fun to master each hero. As you get to learn that each character is situational and not the same. I have become addicted to it and i find it as my favorite Action RTS.
  59. Jan 27, 2014
    Negative points just come from the delay Diretide event. People are not really mean. Great graphics, best RPG gameplay, great metagame. E-sport game of the year 2013. Enough said!
  60. Jan 27, 2014
    Amazing gaming, VERY difficult to learn but amazingly rewarding when you start to understand the mechanics and using little details that can turn the tide of a game on the long run.
  61. Jan 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is good on his own and I like it.She may not like the other, although some people do quite mediocre reviews oblivious to prudence, well, this is Dota 2 players. Expand
  62. Jan 22, 2014
    You will kinda like the game but you will hate the players, and most of your games will suck.

Dota is a complex game, but it's painfully lacking features such game must have or they are terribly executed.

Icefrogs dota 9
    Lacking features -3
    Players i am forced to play with -3
  63. Jan 21, 2014
    I'm waiting Terrorblade long while not adding the hero awaited by me and many I did not come back to play it, already disappointed several times and am no joker to reveal more than once
    I'm passionate about the game, but when icefrog took care of him was much better, this valve breaking several fans.
  64. Jan 18, 2014
    This game is not great for the next generation of first Dota. Because the game with big size and have only few improment. First Dota only need under 10 mb for one map. This is very not great.
  65. Jan 15, 2014
    DOTA is probably the best representative of the genre MOBA. People who previously played LoL may have problems with the mechanics of the game. Valve game is harder than the competition of Riot Games does not mean it is bad. The visuals look very high level, and the sound is also not bad. The only thing that rejected me from the game is quite high require further hardware. As far as LoL goes on older computers so much DOTA may have a problem with that. As for the heroes they are less than LoL but are more balanced. Community is quite good, and the flamer hits once every 4-5 matches. If DOTA had lower requirements would be among my favorite games. Expand
  66. Jan 14, 2014
    The persons that play the game are so unfriendly. They are insulting ever bad steps you make and then you never have the chance to show your real strength. Even when your really getting better you'll make a little error and get insulted by persons that are newer then you to the game. Those bad behaviors are then showed to the new players and 94% of the players are haters. Either turn all form of communication off, either play with bots, either don't play this game or you will end up dying of cancer from the lack of love. People always care about the kill and death and other information given at the end of the match but it reality it doesn't mean much... You can run around all game saving everyone doing damage like no other but in the end you saved the match and a poor numbers. Then everyone trash you but you clearly made your team won! My brain lived some of it's baddest experience from this game, the opposite is also true. Expand
  67. Jan 11, 2014
    Very amazing, great graphics, gameplay, and community. Better than LOL, guardians of middle earth, torchlight, and any moba game out there!

68. Jan 9, 2014
    Many blame the game for its horrible community. It is indeed rude and childish, but to blame the game itself for it would be pointless. As for the game itself, it's pointless to rate a free-to-play product of such quality and stability lower that 10, as Valve has done tremendous job to preserve DotA into Source engine and introduce new elements which help attract new players and old players alike.
  69. KiX
    Jan 9, 2014
    Everything I had expected of Defence of The Ancients is there.
    I love graphic and audio. Models, effect, animations, sounds, all are my cup of tea. Casts from events are very enjoyable as well. I found commentators from Beyond The Summit or JoinDOTA very passionate informed and fun to listen to.

Community is like any other anonymous internet community. It feels like egoists, elitists,
    griefers and haters are loudest and everywhere (as you can see here). For best (hate free) experience play with people you already know. Expand
  70. Jan 8, 2014
    Come on people with games like this you really can't look at the user score. If you read a lot of these reviews of people who gave it a 1 or a 0 the only negative thing they can say is "other players were mean to me so I stopped playing!!" wow haha they got to you that bad? I practiced until I got good and ignored the talkers along the way but I suppose that's what you do when your self esteem doesn't hinge on what other kids say to me in a video game. Play Dota 2 if you want a highly competitive multiplayer experience that requires a great deal of skill, practice, and teamwork. Expand
  71. Jan 8, 2014
    I gave this game a chance, I really did. I've given all these cookie-cutter MOBAs more of a chance than they deserve and I'm done. I don't see how anyone can enjoy playing this river of yet it's extremely popular?
  72. Jan 8, 2014
    No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores. Expand
  73. Jan 7, 2014
    There is no point in playing this game. Seriously, think about it. You win a couple of matches, then what? You get a few items, then what? It's the same map, over and over again. The same heroes, the same ability spams, everything's the same. Where does it end? Nothing ever changes. You might get an item every now and then, which you can't sell/trade unless you spend real money on other non-existent items. What would be the point of getting better at this thing? The game exists solely to cash in on people's nostalgia/boredom/stupidity. Nothing more. Basically, you'd be paying valve to not care what you think, to pair you with spoiled children or bored idiots that have no real life accomplishments so that you may be flamed and insulted because of their own incompetence. Why would any normal person play this game, is beyond comprehension. Utterly pointless. Expand
  74. Jan 7, 2014
    engrossing game. character variety brilliant. lots of player guides. in no time, youll have your favourite characters that you like playing. mine are Shadow Shaman (good fire and forget turret destroyer ultimate until its nerfed if ever). Lycanthrope(good wolves,down boy, hehe) and Mirana. there are a lot of guys who get frustrated if you dont play the game their way- but remember it is a team game. mute the idiots. when you followed other guys plans and it didnt work, hold yer tongue from saying i told you so and think what you are going to do in the next. i like to play for the team as opposed to personal score. much rather die and take down a turret and help win the game than get a good kill score ratio. remember the aim is to destroy the other team's base not just bash their heroes(though it helps) and your creeps (npc henchmen) go a long way to help that. weaken the towers, weaken the other players creeps if you dont destroy them and youll help your creeps in destroying their base. played 2 games a few days ago where my ally just said to us stop pushing meaning stop advancing...silly thing to say as advancing means going fwd (wasnt stop attempting to push). i played with him in 2 games on the trot as an ally. took another ally player (thats how i am)in 2nd to remind him what the aim of the game is). also too many kids which say 'commend me' or 'commend me please' aswell as idiots because that is most definitely what they are, who say 'Report xyz' as if other players dont have a brain-i dread to think how many poor guys have got bans or similar because of the reporting system and other players being led by this if i was valve i'd do away totally with the reporting system. i know its a bit controversial but id have seperate rooms geared for going for the win and going for player score hopefully alleviating the 'lets run around weakening and upsetting the oppo when our score is so stacked right now that we can literally walk into the base and win but lets inflict more pain' mentality for those who dont like doing that. have a variety of game plans, situation dependent. sometimes its good to go as a group but also that one lone guy can achieve much whilst 4 others gank. its whats so good about the game. lots of strategies, lots of characters and a lot of people think they know best, dare i say it, including me, lol. play the game, try it but keep a thick skin. i love it. the mp entry does need sorting though- 1 player declining which sends you all back to matchmaking is a bit silly. Expand
  75. Jan 6, 2014
    A Fan base so immature it could be compared as a too the infamous Call of Duty fans.

Definitely an unfriendly game too play, On Dota, there is no hiding the chat, so guaranteed first time playing you'll see your name being thrown around for how terrible you are at this game you've just began playing.
  76. Jan 6, 2014
    Pros: Great graphics/interface Easy matchmaking Sucessful ported game from dota 1 Cons: Colision system is so high Camera distance very low Heroes are visual polluted Battle is very polluted, you need take a good look to understand wath is happening Matchmaking system fails Lack of local player baning system The given priority to cosmetic itens Were is the dam raking system, no rank no moba valve! Expand
  77. Jan 6, 2014
    Great game addictive as hell while the game is a MOBA so obviously it is quite similar to other MOBA games like LoL but unlike LoL the best feature is how there is now pay to win as all heroes are available from the start so although with OVER 100 heroes it will take at least 15 games to find the right one once you do it is incredibly fun and the game is one with huge strategic complexity.
    And although there is quite a steep learning curve to help you climb the hill quicker there are several community created builds and guides for all the characters and there is the ability to watch professional teams and top rated players play so you can see how to play each characters also the graphics a beautiful.
  78. Jan 6, 2014
    DOTA 2 is the best online game I've ever played. I love how the community shows sportsmanship to each other. I've played the original DOTA mod and I really hated it. Not because I suck at it. The controls were difficult and the game design irritated me. But with DOTA 2, everything has changed! I like the heros' new design, the brighter atmosphere, and the much more better controls. If you're a true DOTA fan, you must play this amazing successor and stop playing LoL! Expand
  79. Jan 5, 2014
    DOTA2 is a very hit and miss game. On one hand you can get a game where everyone if cooperating well, when this happens the game is an easy 10/10, however this games major flaws are the users themselves. When checking "English" in the language pref's and in the USA servers, you are almost guaranteed to find a lot of non-English speakers with terrible ping. This leaves the game unfair and quit a few people quit out.

Good when everyone is in game, absolutely terrible otherwise.
  80. Jan 3, 2014
    There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start having a hell lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a casual gamer and can't be bothered to invest that time. If that's the case and you want to play a MOBA then that's where LoL comes in. If you already play LoL and want something more challenging and more rewarding then by all means try Dota 2. Plus it has way better graphics, great character customization and doesn't require any money to unlock heroes (which I find very frustrating in LoL). It is also more balanced imo. As for the community, well it's still a MOBA so don't expect too much, although it's not so bad Expand
  81. Jan 3, 2014
    Dota 2 is one pretty dynamic and growing MOBA. And the big difference between Dota 2 and other MOBA Games is that there not just the Abilities from your Hero. You can get a lot of different Abilities and other Active Skills from you Equipment. And i think that Valve is doing a great job with different Events. Even the Shop System is more then fair, because you can win different Visual Items while a Match. BTW sry for my bad English. Expand
  82. Jan 3, 2014
    terrible match making........ terrible comminty i play more than one year more than 1000 game
    resolt nothing steall i have to play with noobs with terrible people sorry valve no more dota 2 speacialy after last ridiculus match making thing
  83. Jan 1, 2014
    I played Dota for a long time, but was frustrated with the heroes who used magic because the damage does not increase with the items (some only). Hard to imagine a mage with items of intelligence becomes stronger in physical damage. For this and other reasons currently playing LoL.
  84. Dec 30, 2013
    The game is far to be perfect but it's decent
    There are a lot of problems with Dota 2 such as the Matchmaking and automatic report system which it doesn't matter the details of the report you will get into the low priority pool if multiple players are reporting you and no one reviews the reports.The matchmaking lacks options and sometimes balance because you can no longer solo queue and
    you end up in a match where premades (parties) have advantages since this is a team oriented game the selecting of multiple regions and languages is not bad but some players...and not just few are going on servers where they talk their native language and spam and have a toxic behavior ruining other players game and mood for example everybody whines about the russians going on different servers and spam the chat in their language, yell in the voice chat and feed the enemy team or they refuse to cooperate with the team
    Some may find the game easy other difficult but compared to other games for me it seems easy it's easy to land a stun or any other skill on the target and the gameplay it's too similar to the Warcraft III game where the Dota mod has it's roots
    The tutorial is ok and somehow seems to be more like a troll tutorial where it suggests you to buy a wrong item for a hero
    The game lacks originality and new heroes since there won't be anything new that it's not in dota mod and valve release heroes at a slow pace
    Theres a abundance of cosmetic items which makes the game a bit more good looking
    Another problem would be that sometimes the network and steam servers may have problems and there is a known bug where items would get stuck on your cursor and then on your screen and the only way to get rid of it would be restarting the dota 2 client
    Last would be the community that could be unpleasant and rude to newcomers and generally the community has troll and inviduals with airs of superiority
    I am a critic letting aside that dota is one of my favorite games online i can't pass over problems..the best feedback for a growing and prospering game is constructive feedback Rated 1/10 since the game offers the same things and nothing new as the mod it started on
  85. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the most boring gaming experiences I've had in my life. Valves worst game by far.
    .............................................................
  86. Dec 30, 2013
    Nonsensical matchmaking, imbalanced heroes, horrible community, same heroes picked every single pub... After 1 year of playing Dota 2 and over 1000 games, I finally snapped.
  87. Dec 30, 2013
    Excellent game, especially considering it's free. Fun, smooth gameplay, a wide variety of heroes and endless opportunities for improvement are some of the best aspects of the game. However, there is one facet of this game that keeps me from giving it a 10. The community. There are plenty of friendly, fun people playing the game but they are the silent majority. It is almost guaranteed that you will have at least a couple rotten, pathetic losers in each match. Generally they will attack the person that in their mind is bringing the team down and it can quite often ruin the experience for everybody involved.

In summation, this game is definitely worth a try. If you have thin skin make frequent use of the mute button and most of your matches will go smoothly. The learning curve for this game is very steep but also very rewarding.
  88. Dec 29, 2013
    How to explain my DOTA2 rating in easy points....

1. It is always the same crap! Same map, same conditions, same stuff....feels like a demo!
    2. The match-making is totally crap. Newcomers get no chance to win, since the more advanced players use the same OP strategies over and over again!
    3. The graphics are just old. Sure it is looking better than Warcraft 3, but for a 2013 game
    looking a little better, than a 2003 game, is a shame!
    4. The early access price some months ago....WTF?!....they wanted over 10 Euro for giving early access to the game. Sure it changed, since noone wanted to play this game. Now everyone plays it, because Steam/Valve spammed massive gift-copies.

It is a shame, that they destroyed such a good modded-map from Warcraft 3 and made this micropayment crap. You old-school dota-players should be ashamed for supporting this crap!

BTW: Gamereactor Sweden gets my full love for being fair and giving a fair score and judgement to this game. All others: SHAME ON YOU FOR GETTING PAID BY VALVE!
  89. Dec 29, 2013
    terrible community, new heroes take forever to release and all that's being released are unnecessary cosmetics, seems to me that valve just cares about making money. On the bright side, it's free to play and has really good gameplay. Certainly the best moba game there is right now.
  90. Dec 28, 2013
    It is not possible to review Dota 2 as a whole game because it is never completed. Unlike the typical yearly release of first-person shooters on the market, Dota 2 is constantly being updated. New features are added every month and the player-base is always growing over time. Since the game's inception in 2011, its developer Icefrog and company Valve Corporation have shown their dedication and ability to continue supporting the game in all its various aspects.
    Dota 2 is the epitome of competition, skill complexity and team strategy.
    Dota 2 has a learning cliff that needs to be conquered by new players if they are to enjoy the game. It is hard, torturous and unforgiving, but the rewards are well worth the effort and time invested. Even for the most dedicated of players and professionals, there are always new challenges to learn as the degree of interactivity in this game is so high that no two games are exactly the same.

Dota 2 is currently free-to-play but, amazingly, does not apply a "Pay-to-win" or "Pay-to-advance" game monetization method. Instead, Dota 2 sells in-game cosmetics that fit into its heroes' themes and colors and provide no advantages or disadvantages at all. Anyone can play the game and never spend a single cent or dollar, and will never be shortchanged in any way. All heroes are available for play and there are no "pay-gates" or "unlock-mechanisms".
  91. Dec 28, 2013
    Dota 2 is the epitome of competition, skill complexity and team strategy.

92. Dec 27, 2013
    they dnt give diretide n time. basically game is terrible. if u play game u no wat diretide is n i lose much of everything from not diretide... basically how am i get item when u give me diretide then dnt.. then wehn i qwit then they give diretide.. okay not fair what is retard game?
  93. Dec 26, 2013
    Abusive and annoying community. Very basic game. Character design and image is very minimal and adds now really feel to them. You need a very good PC to run the game properly and smoothly, despite the graphics looking dated.

Try other MMOBAs before returning to this one.
  94. Dec 26, 2013
    Great game that is completely spoiled by the worst period ever period player community. If you play it with your friends in a full party, you will enjoy the game, otherwise you can expect serious headaches, unless you're mentally bulletproof. Any effort from Valve to solve this issue so far has led only to horrible brain-dead implementations of punishments like: player muting thus disallowing people to communicate in a game that is based on communication etc. leading to even more frustration.

As a competitive game it lacks any real competitive interface/environment you can't see other player ranks you're teamed up with for example if they mark them as private (what 90 percents of players do). The matchmaking is not really working well, you often get games you loose horribly or opposite, usually only based on the system if you lost many games, you probably will win the next one because mm will pair you against total idiots and opposite.

Overall if you like competitive games and have friends to play it with give it a go, you most likely won't regret it. If you're solo and don't have strong nerves, its better to move along to another title.
  95. Dec 26, 2013
    CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA༼ CHANGE ECLUB MALASIA Expand
  96. Dec 25, 2013
    dota 2 es un buen, no es para cualquiera es agresivo no es para nops y no es de cuento de adas pero en el puede ver la que un momento vas ganando y luego pierdes, solo digo para todas esas criticas que dicen que es malo, pero el dota es uno poco juegos parciales que ganas por lo que sabes y tu estrategia y no por itens ni tiempo en el es el mejor juego
  97. Dec 24, 2013
    The game is nice very close to the original dota witch i loved). the game is much more complex from LoL so at first it is a little hard but i like it when its hard) the game has some way to go but its a very good game, just give it a chance
  98. Dec 24, 2013
    This game is one of the most skill intensive games out there. The team dynamic is crucial to do well and the game play is fun and highly addicting. If your looking for a game to really submerse yourself into, then this is it.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.