6.4

1. Dec 21, 2014
    Playing This game for a long time and it is still fun! Together with my friends we always have fun playing this game. The Game Improved great! Challenging other people's heroes,Teamwork is really needed and must be the first thing keep in mind,don't Be an **** 2 is great Moba game!
  2. Dec 20, 2014
    I'll start off with a 10/10 and work backwards to the score.
    Graphics: Pretty good for this type of game. I've played other MOBAS. Dota 2's graphics are the best out of the bunch. They have a relatively higher degree of fidelity than the others. +2 (Not pushing the limits) Score: +2
    I'll start off with a 10/10 and work backwards to the score.
    Community: The Community is intense. This results in a lot of negativity directed towards those who are learning the game, trying new things etc. You also get very positive interactions due to the intensity, but it’s hit or miss. You also get a fair number of people who troll a game. This is common amongst all online games, but, due to the competitive nature, it really stands out. This game seems to bring out the best and worst of people. It is arguable that this is part of the fun. Score-3

Mechanics/controls: The Game Mechanics are Simple and easy to grasp. Mouse driven, only a few hotkeys to use in order to perform the majority of tasks and the more detailed functions are easily identifiable, and customizable. Score: +2
    Complexity: Dota 2 is relatively complex compared to the other MOBAS. The trees are destructible so you can carve paths that do not normally exist, and create optimal angles for certain abilities, You can use them to escape to; the multitude of existing paths create varied and numerous ‘juking’ possibilities. You have to last hit and deny, Heroes also interact with the map in different ways, some gain vision, others have map-wide abilities etc. The degree of complexity is not for everyone. Other games cut back on complexity. It’s a play-style preference, but if you enjoy a high degree of competitiveness the complexity (you ease into it over time) is beneficial. Score +1
    Content: The best thing about Dota 2 is all content that affects gameplay is free to everyone, and stays free. All pay-content or grind content is cosmetic. Sound, effects, textures, graphical aspect etc. Other games have you pay for this or grind for hundreds of hours. The WHOLE game of Dota 2 is free from the start. This is a big benefit. If one player didn’t have access to some heroes then that would be a HUGE disadvantage. Score +2

Balance: The game is very balanced. The balancing has literally taken place since 2003 when it was a mod for Warcraft 3. Many minds have balanced this. Even still, changes are made, and the game continues to improve Score +0 (Games must be balanced only negative scores possible)

Valve: The parent company is a detractor in how they police the community. It assumes players are dumb and cannot police their own experience. The first time you have a muted player on your team, and you cannot properly interact with them, and lose the game you’ll understand why I bring this up as a negative. Just because other people said he’s a rude dude; doesn’t mean I would have, but I do not have the choice. I have to put up with the handicap on my team. Sure a person may just be a jerk; this should be up to me, not Valve. It is also difficult to get customer support for the game. The company is also slow to improve old hero models, and adding in missing heroes… I’m sure this is intentional to decrease their ongoing development costs. Score -3
    Player base: Hit or miss, the game has dedicated roles with the various heroes. When others ignore them you’ll likely lose the match. This can be one of the most frustrating aspects about the game. You just learn to live with it, and find another game. Score -3
    Heroes/items: MOBAS generally have heroes. In other games there isn’t much real difference between them. Sure they have some different abilities, but Dota 2 really differentiates these abilities, and has an added element of early/mid/late game heroes. If your team selection focuses on early play you have to do sufficient damage to the enemy early on before the other team can push into the later game where your selections are weaker. If you picked a lategame mix of heroes you have to delay the game to get to the stage of the game where your composition shines. You can also have a balanced team and that poses its own challenges. I played LOL and heroes generally scale much more consistently to the later stage of the game, where in Dota your selection plays a bigger role. Items are pretty much a universal aspect in MOBAS, and nothing any of them really stands out, so items don’t play into my score. +1
    Conclusion: This is a great game. It could be a 10/10 if Valve did a little less parenting of its players, and gave us more options to police our own experiences by ourselves. Communities will always be what they are. It’s too many variables to control, and valve has tried to do this and, in my opinion, failed. This game is a LOT of fun, has tremendous replay value, and is constantly being adjusted, updated, tweaked etc.

You will need patience to get past the initial harshness of the community, but when you do it’s worth it.
  3. Dec 17, 2014
    This game is pretty good but i own too much no real challenge in this game... 6000 rating and i only play meepo which is considered the hardest character, but hey this game is totally easy and fun. I guess this is a kids game
  4. Dec 15, 2014
    Having invested two thousand hours, I now disdain this game.

For new players, this game has an incredibly large learning curve - like all mobas, so if one plans to play this game, one must have a whole lot of patience. ---- The biggest flaw in this game (or mobas in genera) is that a slight disadvantage in the early games snowballs into a soul crushing 40-60 mins of slowly watching
    Having invested two thousand hours, I now disdain this game.

----
    The biggest flaw in this game (or mobas in genera) is that a slight disadvantage in the early games snowballs into a soul crushing 40-60 mins of slowly watching your team lose.
    It is especially difficult when placing faith in up two four strangers who at LEAST one of is just blatantly clueless.

Even when you are playing with competent people, you will probably be playing against a ridiculously unbalanced hero (Slark for instance) in which most people will recommend you to "counterpick" but often times is impossible due to team compilations.
  5. Dec 11, 2014
    This is quite hard game to rate correctly because there are matches for which you would give 10 and matches that you would give 0.

First some context. I have played thousands of hours in dota 1 and dota 2 on very high skill level. I have reached around 5k MMR in sequel without even trying. I didn't play much in stacks 5vs5, but most of the times solo or with single friend. Dota 1 had excellent, skill based gameplay. It lacked decent matchmaking platform with rankings and blacklists. Player base was low therefore waiting for games was long, especially on high skill level. Engine had it drawbacks, but it didn't affect gameplay much. Also it was impossible to reconnect to the game if you suddenly lost your connection.

Valve fixed lots of issues present in dota 1 and ported wonderful gameplay intact. Now we have new engine which lead to game mechanics clearance, reconnect option, fast game search and better graphics. However most important thing which was decent matchmaking platform was not provided.

Currently at 5k MMR very often you get 3-4 games in a row where you can't do anything because your teammates decided to feed. If you get this type of players you are doomed. You can't kick (you could in dota 1 ex. via vote), you can't forfeit (again like in dota 1). You have to play with them for the rest of the match which is usually 30-40 minutes or else you will be punished and put in LPQ. Basically sit and suffer (what a fun!). In addition you can't blacklist those players therefore if you queue again there is high chance you will play with them again. Last thing is that matchmaking sometimes puts solo queuers against stacks (premade group of players). I don't even have to mention how unfair games like this can be. There is no visible ranking system which for me is a con.

Except matchmaking I have to mention that overall game development in dota 2 was and still is very, very slow. Heroes and updates are released once in few months. There are no new maps. This is probably due to old source engine which will be replaced next year. Anyway there is no excuse. It took Valve many years for something that was made with few modders in warcraft 3. That's a shame. But you have hats, at last if you care about cosmetics.

So to summarize. Wasted potential. Overall it is good old addictive dota 1 gameplay with some upgrades/downgrades around it. Still you would expect more for a sequel to such an aged game and I think overall the cons outweight the pros. In dota 1 you had to wait longer, but received quality matches. In dota 2 match quality is far worse so overall it is worse game. It is a shame and disappointment to see such a good game turned into this.
  6. Dec 7, 2014
    There are a lot of negative reviews for this game. Most of them are probably written by people who are angry because they just lost a string of games or got matched with bad team-mates. Don't be put off by them.

Let's make one thing clear; this game is hard. You will have to commit, and learn. When you start, you will feel completely confused and out of your depth, and you will have no idea what is going on. But you'll have some fun. By the time you get to your fourth try at a game, you're getting things together. Within a couple of weeks, you can see your progress. In 6 months, you might even be ok at the game. By a year later, you could even be good. This game takes a hell of a lot of time, because of its innate complexity and intricacy.

That's what makes this game arguably the best in its genre. Not only does it have a fantastic design team led by Icefrog, not only is it completely free (aside from purely cosmetic items), but it is fascinating, intricate, and often beautiful. It is a game that will challenge you, change you, and teach you a lot about persistence and patience, as well as the value of a positive attitude and team skills.

It does have its problems. The skill curve is intense, and sometimes it feels like you've hit a wall. The people who write such negative reviews are often those who have not pushed through their current wall and chose to give up, when all they had to do was choose to learn or not be bothered by bad players. Speaking of bad players...

The biggest problem is matchmaking. If you're in Europe, you will consistently be matched with Russians (since they are such a huge community) who often play on high ping and do not speak english; even when you get matched with good Russians, it is hard for them to have a significant impact due to the terrible connectivity and servers in Eastern Europe. If you're in the US, you'll have the same thing from Peru/South America and the Philippines. Be prepared for shouting teenagers, drunk/high players, people who troll, feed, afk, flame. At least one of these per game, but three or more if you're at the lowest skill levels (where you'll start off. Fun fun fun.) If you don't have a thick skin, this will get to you until you learn to have a thick skin or you leave the game. Often it's a good idea to take a break for a month or so and come back with a fresh attitude.

However, this is worth it for the huge strategic depth, variety and enjoyment the game can bring (in my view). I'm much more patient than I was, much calmer and slower to anger. If someone chucks an insult at me, it doesn't get to me, because it's nothing compared to feeding, screaming idiots (which actually gets funny after a short while thanks to helpless rage directed into a language they don't know by virtue of google translate. I've seen some hilariously convoluted insults).

This game is NOT for everyone, and is not for those easily angered/offended. If you are persistent and dedicated, the game will reward you for months or years with great, exciting games (yes, there are bad ones and you'll lose 50% of the time, but it's easy to forget the bad and remember the good). This is the best game I have ever played, and it has changed my view of things and my attitude for the better.

It's also free, so you may as well give it a go. If you choose to stick with it, who knows, I might meet you in matchmaking some day! Good luck, have fun.
  7. Dec 6, 2014
    Valve only want money. They do not care about users. They does not release events. Community turns away from this game, and this is right. Patch 6.82 released really bad.
  8. Dec 6, 2014
    valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve givevalve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!!valve give frostivus 2014!!!! Expand
  9. Dec 6, 2014
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE FROSTIVUS 2014
  10. Dec 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where my events? Where my new heroes? Why do I need a new engine when satisfied with the old one? Why improve DotA 2 Workshop Tools if almost no one plays custom map? My score 0. Suck it Valve and
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Valve Give Frostivus
  11. Dec 6, 2014
    give frostivus,give frostivus,give frostivus,give frostivus,give frostivus,give frostivus,give frostivus,give frostivus,give frostivus,give frostivus,give frostivus,
  12. Dec 6, 2014
    Valve don't care about their game anymooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore.
  13. Dec 6, 2014
  14. Dec 5, 2014
    fat bastards. Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivusVolvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivusfat bastards. Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivusVolvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Volvo give frostivus Expand
  15. Dec 5, 2014
    Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...Frostivus will be not...
  16. Dec 5, 2014
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO Give Frostivus Expand
  17. Dec 5, 2014
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Volvo Give FROSTIVUS dont let дотке скатиться ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
  18. Dec 1, 2014
    The community is very very young. I've seen a lot of negative players, toxic as hell. Personally I prefer LoL. The community is the same but riot work harder on their games !
  19. Nov 28, 2014
    This is by far the best video game i have ever played. It is fun, it is in depth, and it is competitive. There is endless amounts of innovation, and a constantly evolving meta game. Dota 2 is more than just a video game for me. I don't even play the game every day. Sometimes i go weeks without even getting on the game, but i am still connected to professional matches and am always "theoryThis is by far the best video game i have ever played. It is fun, it is in depth, and it is competitive. There is endless amounts of innovation, and a constantly evolving meta game. Dota 2 is more than just a video game for me. I don't even play the game every day. Sometimes i go weeks without even getting on the game, but i am still connected to professional matches and am always "theory crafting" because of the possibilities. This game has so many negative reviews its funny lol. Its a super competitive game no one wants to lose. It is frustrating for new players because no one is good enough to solely carry a game unless they get lucky, and when they don't get lucky instead of understanding why they are losing they look to blame others. It really isnt impossible to start playing the game, it just takes patience, and dedication. They are working on making better tutorials, its pretty funny actually. But if you want to get good you need to take self interest to get better, you cant just mindlessly play the game and magically end up an amazing player. Expand
  20. Nov 24, 2014
    I have played over 450 hours of this game and it never gets boring, its a great free to play game that the things you buy in game have no effect of how good you are at the game, by far, the best free to play game ever.
  21. Nov 23, 2014
    Good Game! Well Made! Have Fun! Good Luck!Good Game! Well Made! Have Fun! Good Luck! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Expand
  22. Nov 23, 2014
    Since I spend more than 1 thousand hours playing a game I cant say it's not enjoyable. Game has nice style, music, voices, effects and most importantly - gameplay. The only disappointment are players.
  23. Nov 21, 2014
    This is a horrible game. I hate this game. Everyone should hate this game. Its terrible, bad, aweful, godaweful. I hate that you have to write 150 characters....
  24. Nov 20, 2014
    **** YOU VALVE
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS
    **** YOU VALVE
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove NEMESIS
  25. Nov 20, 2014
    Absolutely brilliant game that pioneered and defined the MOBA genre. Best of its kind and the most difficult too; new users may have trouble acclimating to the level of competitiveness.

But it's an absolutely excellent game. At least try it!
  26. Nov 19, 2014
    I keep coming back to this game no matter what other games come out. Basically once I'm done with any other game this is my default time sink. Sure people are annoying sometimes, but that's what the mute button is for... and I prefer using it to debating some teenager. Besides that game-play is satisfying and you get a rush when your team pulls of some nice combos.

If anything this

If anything this game is too addictive, but your experience will highly depend on the team you get. Thankfully, as of writing this review, Nov, 2014, the crowd has gotten a lot better than when I started playing this game a while back. Most people are normal, retards are far and few in between.
  27. Nov 19, 2014
    This game is for sure the most interesting and fun team game I've ever played. Leads compared to other MOBAs for graphics, balancing of the heroes and possibilities. Really hard to learn but still incredibly fun once learned. I'd say this game is more 9 than 10 just because there are some mechanics that need to be fixed or some heroes need to be rebalanced as in any MOBA game. No lagThis game is for sure the most interesting and fun team game I've ever played. Leads compared to other MOBAs for graphics, balancing of the heroes and possibilities. Really hard to learn but still incredibly fun once learned. I'd say this game is more 9 than 10 just because there are some mechanics that need to be fixed or some heroes need to be rebalanced as in any MOBA game. No lag problems if playing on servers like EU or Russia even with an avarage internet connection. Probably the thing that makes me say this game is not perfect is the community, often filled up with flamers... Expand
  28. Nov 18, 2014
    The balance is good, graphics are fine, hero diversity is great, and the depth is amazing.
    Its one of the few games that is really F2P. No need to pay to avoid grinding, the only things you pay for are cosmetics
    I've put over 3000 hours into it and I'm still learning stuff and hopefully improving. The only bad part is that its made by valve... That means the content comes out

The only bad part is that its made by valve...
    That means the content comes out incredibly slow.
    The game officially released in 2013, now its almost 2015 and they still haven't ported every hero. I'm not talking new heroes, just a straight up copy/paste of their skills with a graphics/audio update.
    The game frequently goes 5-6 months with no updates.
    About 6 months ago they promised customizable buildings and new mega creep appearances.
    Still nothing about that.
  29. Nov 18, 2014
    omg dota is so goods it is basically my life once i started playin i cant stop i am only writing this now because im in a lobby waiting for a match and i thought it was a good idea to get more people playing.Now first of all the graphics are AMAZING. they make the female characters look so hot i dont even need to watch porn anymore and have learnt to play with one hand you get what imomg dota is so goods it is basically my life once i started playin i cant stop i am only writing this now because im in a lobby waiting for a match and i thought it was a good idea to get more people playing.Now first of all the graphics are AMAZING. they make the female characters look so hot i dont even need to watch porn anymore and have learnt to play with one hand you get what im sayin ;))) dota i sbasically life i dont need anythin else other than food of course but my grandma brings me so many snacks which is great. since i dropped out of school i have been able to focus more time on dota cos i dont have any dumb homework to do anymore so i can literally get 14 hours a day in (i would play more but grandma says i need some sleep). on the downside my skin has got much worse and i have this green spot on my man parts, does anyone know what this is? it hurts when ive been playing for like 10 hours which is very annoying cus i need to play more. my grandma says im addicted i say stfu grandma, play some dota, drink some pepsi max - life sorted.
    peace
    add me on steam ~ Demented ~ i am fun and need more players for my teaam which is called Ankor, my team are all skrubs and i need better support
  30. Nov 16, 2014
    Valve rly dont care about community, all they want - is money. Where is TI4 goals? Where is events?
    I'm didnt saw any drop for a 3 weeks! "Nice" new drop system. FU greedy Gaben.
  31. Nov 16, 2014
    If you play this game and don't ejaculate within the first 5 minutes you're obviously blind or you accidentally logged onto League of **** the worst of the the clones
  32. Nov 13, 2014
    Within a year, I could speak fluent peruvian and russian.

In all seriousness, Dota 2 is a highly addictive real time strategy game. It looks beautiful and is very rewarding. Hard to learn, hard to master. I definitely recommend it to anyone.

33. Nov 12, 2014
    I have a serious problem with judging this game. While the game itself is the best PvP I have ever had in all my gaming life (25 years of gaming) it is the community where it fails horribly. The community in this game is awful. Some people should really be banned from playing this because they have psycholigcally brake at some point during the match and they start flaming everyone or theyI have a serious problem with judging this game. While the game itself is the best PvP I have ever had in all my gaming life (25 years of gaming) it is the community where it fails horribly. The community in this game is awful. Some people should really be banned from playing this because they have psycholigcally brake at some point during the match and they start flaming everyone or they find the scapegoat and blame him or her. This is a very repulsive experience and this is what pushed me away from this game. Also the matchmaking system fails. Sometimes you will get matched surprisingly weird with some guys not having a single clue what to do and how to play. There is a large number of matches where you will experience and utter stomp in either side.

Besides this the actual game idea and the combat system is simply genious - the best any game has ever delivered in PvP mechanics.
  34. Nov 11, 2014
    - Hard as hell, require skill and brain .... check
    - "Good" matchmaking system ... check
    - Servers full of !@#$%^& noob / re!@#$ (sorry if this is offensive) russians, pinoys and peruvians ... check
    - Nice cosmetic system ... check
    - And last one: "Fun? You must be new"
    10/10 would play again
  35. Nov 9, 2014
    Two things that are enjoyed the most: fast-pace action and teamwork. If you hate these two features, you might as well not play any online video games, for Dota 2 brings these to the table of entertainment. What better way to have fun and witness euphoria than beating your opponents in a fast-pace game with your friends fighting alongside you? Dota 2 provides that type of entertainmentTwo things that are enjoyed the most: fast-pace action and teamwork. If you hate these two features, you might as well not play any online video games, for Dota 2 brings these to the table of entertainment. What better way to have fun and witness euphoria than beating your opponents in a fast-pace game with your friends fighting alongside you? Dota 2 provides that type of entertainment 24/7. Dota 2 is a renowned strategy game, and over the years has shown significant improvement in graphics, characters, and gameplay. It is F2P (Free-to-Play) game and there is no P2W (Pay-to-Win) feature for a character or an account through using micro-transactions, for these purchases are primarily for accessories for different characters. There is a large amount of strategy taking place in every game played, and so what I enjoy about this game is the strategy involved. This game is truly something that is difficult to master with all the different characters and abilities and requires team communication in order to win. However, it provides entertainment all around and is fun to play with friends. Expand
  36. Nov 8, 2014
    This is a game that I thoroughly enjoy playing. It uses RTS (Real Time Strategy) in a fun, exciting and very challenging way. The only real problem is the largely volatile community, but that is found in all games of this kind (LoL, for example). Overall: a very well-developed, well-polished game that fully deserves 10/10.
  37. Nov 7, 2014
    No proper game development! No connection with the audience! Ignores the opinion of the community! (No Diretide, no serious updates, no new heroes, only hats!)
  38. Nov 5, 2014
    A really great online battle game, loads of depth, lots of heroes and lots of replay-ability. Very nice business model in that you only really pay for vanity gear, just wish they updated the game a bit more regularly. Still a 10 from me due to the sheer value for money and quality of the product.
  39. Oct 31, 2014
    Знаете, игра как таковая очень приятная. Но этот рейтинговый мм. Когда ты играешь в него ты понимаешь, что тебя просто кормят говном. Ты проигрываешь и думаешь, наверно в следующей игре мне попадутся адекватные товарищи по команде, и люди не инстапикающие войда. Но нет, ты опять жрешь говно в еще большем количестве. Какого хрена у меня наиграно 1500 игр, 2300 часов в игре, а меня кидает сЗнаете, игра как таковая очень приятная. Но этот рейтинговый мм. Когда ты играешь в него ты понимаешь, что тебя просто кормят говном. Ты проигрываешь и думаешь, наверно в следующей игре мне попадутся адекватные товарищи по команде, и люди не инстапикающие войда. Но нет, ты опять жрешь говно в еще большем количестве. Какого хрена у меня наиграно 1500 игр, 2300 часов в игре, а меня кидает с даунами по 100 игр.Какого жера так трудно подняться даже на 100 ммр. Я знаю ответ, нужнен новый сет на войда!!! Expand
  40. Oct 31, 2014
    Dota 2 was the sequel (its basically a HD remake, not a sequel) to the hugely popular Warcraft 3 mod. It was based off you select one hero from a pool and you control that hero and your creeps (AI minions) would just come wave after wave and go down a preselected lane. The original game created the MOBA genre.

Now years after the original game, huge popularity and many games to follow

Now years after the original game, huge popularity and many games to follow in its path do we get Dota 2. When they announced this game I was really excited, and even after thousands of hours of playing I do still enjoy it...at times.

The game runs flawlessly in the source engine, every animation looking amazing. It makes vast improvements over the original game from pregame hero selection to patches and updates to balance out heroes and items.

Since the launch of HoN (Heroes of Newerth) and LoL (League of Legends) I felt less inclined to play the older brother of the 3 and gravitated more to HoN where it got most of its ideas from Dota. S2 games is quite a bit smaller then Valve obviously, but I've found they have done a few things right.

First off, Dota has the option of what region you want to play in, but no region lock like HoN did. You will queue up for US East, and still get Brazilian and Chinese players. Now nothing against playing with people from different regions, but when you play a game that is reliant on communication, and you speak 2 different languages it makes it difficult. The game really should be region locked.

Another thing S2 did was provide a concede vote. When a player leaves the game in a ranked game, you are forced to play out the game or take a leaver status if someone leaves or you are losing. Some teams will drag out the game to an hour if the game could of ended 15 mins in.

Another very minor thing would of adding skins for your heroes over very minor pieces of gear. Some barely make your hero unique in any way and basically looks like the same as the default skin, but like i said this is a minor gripe that doesn't affect game play at all.

Overall ive spent 1000's of hours in the game and still play it, so they must of done something right, if only they would add a concede vote and a region lock I would finally be able to fully enjoy the game.
  41. Oct 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE Expand
  42. Oct 27, 2014
    The game is a bit old compared to more new and next generation MOBAS. The map and graphics are very hard to focus on for the maps design isn't very connected to each other and have alot of random gaps and stuff. The gameplay is a bit **** to me. For a couple of heros can literally solo a game once they start snowballing and get fed. The community is ok since it's connected to steam andThe game is a bit old compared to more new and next generation MOBAS. The map and graphics are very hard to focus on for the maps design isn't very connected to each other and have alot of random gaps and stuff. The gameplay is a bit **** to me. For a couple of heros can literally solo a game once they start snowballing and get fed. The community is ok since it's connected to steam and bring more mature players. But the biggest thing that made me quit is that the game play isn't the full thing you are looking for in a MOBA. Hard to get started on this game. Takes a good time to learn and start to actually have fun playing game. The ranking on DOTA is also kinda weird?
    Overall the Dota 2 is really competitive and the community is nice, but I prefer League Of Legends now because of it's more immersive gameplay. I feel that League is a better representation of a MOBA because of the laning where their is a top laner, mid laner, jungler, adc, and support. It adds so much to strategy and a variety to the whole game. League is also has much more community and can actually show you affection to the game through it's super active community.
  43. Oct 25, 2014
    I personally think this game has a bit of a learning curve, but: when you know how to play it can make time pass by and you just want to play another game after you won one, you can make friends from Dota 2 and in some situations it can give you a thrill. I would have rated this game higher if they had an option to vs people at your own level. 9/10
  44. Oct 21, 2014
    I used to play League of Legends. God damn that game was complicated, Dota 2 is another level on top of that though, its _insanely_ complex. The complexity and freedom that the game provides over its clones just demonstrates that any form of simplification of the form just doesn't do it justice. This is the Mona Lisa to their pop art posters.
    On top of that Valve have done a fantastic job
    On top of that Valve have done a fantastic job bringing the old game to the new. Ported it bug for bug, made everything as close to the original as it possibly could, now looking forward it can start to change to do things the old WC3 engine couldn't manage.
    If you haven't tried this game out I recommend it with all the will in my body. It's crazy, it's very deep and even once you've played it for literally thousands of hours you'll still be some way off mastery.
    Definitely the best action (clicky, clicky) game I've ever played where a combination of both deep game knowledge, mechanics and social strength is rewarded.
  45. Oct 21, 2014
    Its a MOBA, the father os MOBAs; a nice one. The game its hard as hell, and require friends to play. One of the excellent thing, its free; real free. You download the game, and play it. Its not for everyone.
  46. Oct 10, 2014
    3,729 lol fan here :) But to tell the truth, Dota 2 is the best MOBA game that currently is f2p. And it is not left alone. They still upgrade it and patch. I believe in valve.
  47. Oct 3, 2014
    I am use to playing FPS games COD, Battlefield,Soldierfront and all my mates told me to give this game ago and i watched a few videos on it and thought it was rubbish but one day i downloaded it as my mates were very pertistent and let me tell you its one of the best games ive played by far! i have racked up 1220 hours on this game already in about 7 months and play it everyday just aboutI am use to playing FPS games COD, Battlefield,Soldierfront and all my mates told me to give this game ago and i watched a few videos on it and thought it was rubbish but one day i downloaded it as my mates were very pertistent and let me tell you its one of the best games ive played by far! i have racked up 1220 hours on this game already in about 7 months and play it everyday just about with my mates. so much strategy involved and alot of fun once you get past the first few bad games you have. trust me give this game a go you wont play anything else i promise. add me on steam and i can give anyone a hand if they want :Dord. good luck and have fun playing see you in there! Expand
  48. Sep 30, 2014
    To explayin my opinion about why this game have a lot of 10 and 0...
    First is FREE for real, you can pay or play only to estetic rewards that have not gameplay impact.
    probably many Zero are from players that love the competitors.. Now, the game is a Strategy game, and very deep so is not a game for all! And more important is not a COD, here if you don't play with the team..you
    To explayin my opinion about why this game have a lot of 10 and 0...
    probably many Zero are from players that love the competitors..

Now, the game is a Strategy game, and very deep so is not a game for all!
    And more important is not a COD, here if you don't play with the team..you loose.
    The map is only one because the game follow a simple rule... destroy the enemy base.

108 fantastic different unlock character at your disposition.

if you don't know the rule..if you don't try to know one hero at time..if you don't speek english, if you don't follow or play whit your team YOU CAN'T ENJOI THIS GAME.

The best to play ifact is 5 friends (5 is the team) but if you play not well but triing to do ..you'll find a lot of friends.
  49. Sep 24, 2014
  50. Sep 21, 2014
    Dota 2 it's one of the most complete, difficult, competitive and addictive games out there. The gameplay it's brilliant allowing infinite amount of strategies, all the heroes are mostly balanced with only a few heroes that are really superior to the rest when used right, also it's one of the few real F2P games out there, you only have to pay for cosmetics that doesn't give you anyDota 2 it's one of the most complete, difficult, competitive and addictive games out there. The gameplay it's brilliant allowing infinite amount of strategies, all the heroes are mostly balanced with only a few heroes that are really superior to the rest when used right, also it's one of the few real F2P games out there, you only have to pay for cosmetics that doesn't give you any advantages on the match.
    While Dota 2 community(one of the worse) and the game's steep learning curve can make enjoying the game difficult at the beginning; the game it's really great and it's full of good people that will try to help you get better, you just have to keep playing and try to get better.
  51. Sep 18, 2014
    An unbalanced team game, which finds the dirtiest and distasteful team players ever. And it seems this is not going to change.

First problem is; completely random matching of teams ruins your game every time. even if you waste too much time on it and reach to RANKED matches STILL the matching is random! if you have 4 friends to play with, maybe you can arrange your team and have fun but as a solo player u must be very lucky to win games.

Second problem is; I have many online games before but i have never seen such a disrespectful community. everybody is swearing all the time. there is no stop. This is a team game but it turns out to be a swearing game. And there are too much racist NAZI in the community.

You can play with hundreds of players in 1 week but can just report 3 player in 1 week. So these swearing nazis will be a part of your every game. Maybe grouping according to reports can solve this problem but...dota 2 can't match even same skilled players yet..............
  52. Sep 18, 2014
    Seriously awesome game, even though it's a bit addictive, so watch out for that.
    - Not ONE gameplay aspect requires payment.
    On a sidenote though, this game is more about competition than it is about "fun", and while playing it you may find yourself on a toxic environment, this being especially true for new players.
  53. Sep 16, 2014
    Never before have I played a game that I get so angry about. Dota 2 has good production value, but it just sucks horribly at delivering what a gamer wants, entertainment and fun. If frustrating lags weren't enough, the fact you have to play without being able to surrender unless you want to quit and end up in the Low Priority bracket is unbearable. The game also has pathetic cartoonNever before have I played a game that I get so angry about. Dota 2 has good production value, but it just sucks horribly at delivering what a gamer wants, entertainment and fun. If frustrating lags weren't enough, the fact you have to play without being able to surrender unless you want to quit and end up in the Low Priority bracket is unbearable. The game also has pathetic cartoon graphic, terrible designs that are a travesty to all I know and love about Warcraft 3, unbalanced heroes, steep learning curves and a poor item management system.
    This is Dota 1.24, not Dota 2.
  54. Sep 14, 2014
    Highly polished and very addicitve. Perfect free-to-play system, you can spend lots of money or nothing and still experience the same game. But...

Bad matchmaking 90% of the times. You will dominate 4 games, lose 5 games badly, and have fun one time. Lost games always drag for a very long time since there is no resign button. Every game last for about 45 minutes even if it's clearly lost at 10.

Community is very bad, regional settings do nothing at all, you will always play with people you can't and probably do not want to communicate with. There is a report system but it does not seem the community is getting any better.

If you have a 5-player team of friends the game is probably the best you can have around. If you like to play solo like me you're wasting a lot of time just to get frustrated. Better avoid that.
  55. Sep 13, 2014
    I have often normally had the "high five" with Sweetie Pearl J. Padilla and Maegan Ysabelle M. Belardo from Academy of Jesus by playing favorites with heroes with Naga Siren (Slithice), Moon Rider (Luna), and Skywrath Mage (Dragonus).
  56. Sep 12, 2014
    This game was ruined by The International. Now we have so many people joining (because it was on ESPN) that have never played before and have no desire to learn thru bots. The matchmaking is horrendous, worst in any game I have ever played. You will routinely go on 8 game win streaks and the 8 game losing streaks, simply because of who you are stuck playing with.

The community sucks.

The community sucks. The worst players always pick someone to rage at so the others don't rage at them. And the new players become so shell shocked that when you actually try to help them, they rage back at you. Least helpful and least friendly community of all time.

But by far the worst aspect is valve itself. They are simply interested in putting more hats out instead of addressing what the community has been saying since beta. They have, through in-game taunts and announcements, instilled an animosity amongst the players themselves, yet try to control it through a completely ineffective penalty system. Never again, valve, never again.
  57. Sep 11, 2014
    Let me be clear and say that this game is absolutely not for everyone. If you shy away from pvp, if you do not like communicating and working with other people you have never met before then you will likely not enjoy your experience with Dota 2 or any game within the larger MOBA genre. However, if you enjoy a game that provides actual challenges, does not grow stale, and that hasLet me be clear and say that this game is absolutely not for everyone. If you shy away from pvp, if you do not like communicating and working with other people you have never met before then you will likely not enjoy your experience with Dota 2 or any game within the larger MOBA genre. However, if you enjoy a game that provides actual challenges, does not grow stale, and that has absolutely no beginning and no end you may just enjoy this.

The learning curve for new players is extremely steep. You are dropped into a completely alien system of last hitting, denying, warding, ganking, feeding, and many other words you will eventually learn how to use properly. It is perhaps the most situational game ever as there is never just one proper way to do things and frequently many wrong ways. Things that you believe should work will not and things that seem absolutely crazy and wrong will yield incredibly favorable results and eventually you will learn why. The addition of a tutorial allows completely new players to ease themselves in a bit before jumping into a game with 9 other strangers yelling at them about how badly they suck.

And now to the good part, I love this game. It has provided me with hundreds of hours of pain and pleasure. There are times where you will want to quit and times you believe you never will. The word balance seems like a distant dream in a game with over 100 heroes but Valve does a very good job of keeping the game balanced at the highest level of competitive play. The in game client allows you to watch professional tournaments as they are happening along with the commentary provided by the various casters. The game is always providing new experiences, especially after each major patch when Valve completely changes how the most favored heroes work by sometimes not touching them at all.

Gameplay and Mechanics are different than any other genre with the exception of the close cousin RTS games as MOBAs originated from the original Starcraft and Warcraft 3. Getting a handle on all necessary tasks for any given role (Carry, Support, etc) in a given situation takes time. You will not master the game in 5 games played and start wrecking everyone. You will always have something new to learn, that is just the nature of this sort of game. Once you learn where you are supposed to be and why you are supposed to be there your life will get much easier and your grasp of the controls will follow.

Story doesn't really exist. There are short backgrounds for the heroes and some of them even feature other heroes but there isn't a reason you should want to kill the enemy's giant tree other than competition. And in a game like this that is a good thing, rather than worry about ruining the lore of the game by making some change that will get them in trouble with the community Valve just has to worry about how to balance things with each patch as well as what new features will be beneficial.

Music is actually very well done, when the music picks up you will find yourself feeling like you are fighting in an epic battle for the virtual world. Occasionally the sounds or announcer will drown out parts of the music or vice versa but overall it is a very positive experience. They actually just released a new music pack for those who contributed to the prize pool for TI4.

Announcers are something that need mentioning. As each match begins, there is an announcer telling the player various things. Many of these things are inconsequential at the beginning of the match. But as the players take their positions and the action begins the announcer keeps you updated on important events taking place on the map including but not limited to who is dying and what towers are under attack, etc. There are many different announcer packs available and some of them are absolutely hilarious (Glados for example). Is your team losing handily to a team that you should absolutely not? That's okay, let Glados tell you how badly you are doing. Fan of the game Bastion? There is an announcer for you then.

The Steam Workshop is directly integrated with Dota 2 and users have access to the Source engine as well so user created content comes in by the truckload. There are many incredibly good looking "hats" for the various heroes that have been created by members of the community and those members actually get paid for the sales of the items, it is not just a cash grab for Valve. Currently there are even custom game modes being created to allow any number of possibilities.

As I began this post I will end it, this game is not for everyone but if it does happen to strike a chord with you then you are quite likely to love it.
  58. Sep 8, 2014
    Very good game especially with friends. Being one of over 100 heroes is an awesome feeling and it's awesome to play. The only bad think is learning the game, tutorials are good, but you have to figure out some things by yourself.
  59. Sep 7, 2014
    Best game so far. A real time strategy packed with action ... it's ARTS ! The game have many strategies and combo you can do with heroes. The game is not a pay to win game, so you will only find cosmetics to buy or anythings related to this.
  60. Sep 4, 2014
    Not recommended. The worst matchmaking system, people with very different skill level, which makes the experience of poor and stressful game. Dota is a fun game, but the matchmaking is the problem.
  61. Sep 4, 2014
    Please do not listen to the bad reviews these are from people who have ether been put off by the extreme learning curve or are fanboys of other MOBA's this (in my opinion) is the best game ever made not only is it an amazing game to play but it is very good to watch this is proved with the internationals.

You will have to play this game for a long time before you will like it but it is worth the time you put into it.
  62. Sep 2, 2014
    Awful gameplay. Awful graphics. Awful support from Valve. I honestly can NOT think of a single good thing about this game. League of Legends is the better MOBA in every regard.
  63. Aug 31, 2014
    If you liked original dota like me, you will like Dota 2. Dota 2 is same as original Dota with upgraded graphics and controls. Plays still 5v5 in some mods like random pick (random heroes). I am glad Valve did not changed game play of original dota. I know some people expected more than old dota in better graphics, but i am glad it is still same game. I recommend to try this game, its freeIf you liked original dota like me, you will like Dota 2. Dota 2 is same as original Dota with upgraded graphics and controls. Plays still 5v5 in some mods like random pick (random heroes). I am glad Valve did not changed game play of original dota. I know some people expected more than old dota in better graphics, but i am glad it is still same game. I recommend to try this game, its free after all. Just if you did not liked original Dota, you wont like Dota 2.

On the other hand this game got horrible community full of nerds raging just about anything. If you want to start plaing this game, or got friend who who wants to start play this game, get prepared for raging nerds. I really didnot seen so many ragin idiots in dota 1, well i guest its because it was Warcraft 3 mod, but this game got the worst community i ever seen. Even CoD community is great in compare to Dota 2 community.
  64. Aug 31, 2014
    This game seems like fun but beware, the community will be will very rude to you if you haven't somehow managed to get good at the game without ever having played it. I received so much abuse from other players that I had to quit out. It could have been because I chose one of the most important characters and my ineptness was causing people to lost the game, but still...
  65. Aug 30, 2014
    The best MOBA game!! Awesome graphics and animations!!! Also very helpfull with the new players!! You can win with your skills and not with your money!!!
  66. Aug 30, 2014
    Dota 2 is based on team work so don`t complain about the comunity , you play with friends not random players if you want to enjoy the game.The only way the random players matches get beter is if valve do a paid ranked matches system or if the game wasn`t f2p. The main problem of this game is the gameplay balance once a team has 50% more kills the level and the items are to advance so theDota 2 is based on team work so don`t complain about the comunity , you play with friends not random players if you want to enjoy the game.The only way the random players matches get beter is if valve do a paid ranked matches system or if the game wasn`t f2p. The main problem of this game is the gameplay balance once a team has 50% more kills the level and the items are to advance so the only way to win is if they atack 1 by 1 or your team has a numeric advantage for 5 vs 5 they will allways win with 3 players alive so the xp or money system needs balance. Also the money system needs to allow to store the gold in your spawn or send it via courier. As for hero balance there are some overpowered ones and you can lose the game just by picking the wrong hero so that to my is not competitve because you can`t pick a hero in use by other player , the game shoud allow players to pick any hero . The ranking system is very permissive to leavears and often if you play with random players 2-3 are leavears and you are force to play 2 vs 5 or 3 vs 5 , that is not fair and shoud not be scored also the leavers punish by 1 weak to 4 weak bans. Expand
  67. Aug 29, 2014
    Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It'sThank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Thank you Valve for Techies! I take it all back! It's happening! Expand
  68. Aug 29, 2014
    Great game, free to play, free updates, hell even the cosmetics you pay for you can get for free, well not realistically, but you get the point. Fiddling with the custom map maker, also free, having fun with that. Wish more people played least played mode, I feel that's the best environment to learn heroes.
  69. Aug 29, 2014
    After almost 1 year or more since it got out of the beta, the game has released about 3 major content updates.

The innovation is lackluster if you want a moba that gets constant updates and improvement to their graphics/gameplay/performance / new content, this game is not for you, is the same game it was 2 years ago, literally nothing new maybe 3-4 heroes. If you like constant

If you like constant updates youll better go search another mob.
  70. Aug 28, 2014
    Since the game started as a patch on WC3 TFT, the game kept evolving. But when it was released as Dota 2, the game mechanics, heroes and features are not getting better in means that dont make profit. But it is the best MOBA out there.
  71. Aug 26, 2014
    best best best game ever in the world no games can say anymore front thisbest best best game ever in the world no games can say anymore front this game.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Expand
  72. Aug 21, 2014
    A mediocre attempt to cash-in on the success of DotA: All-stars that thrilled the masses. Not only did they fail to improve on the mechanics of the original but they failed to stay true to the original where it counted. Style and mechanics. The issue is that the development team lacked both Eul and Guinsoo, with only Icefrog there is little they can do. The interface is hard-to-read, theA mediocre attempt to cash-in on the success of DotA: All-stars that thrilled the masses. Not only did they fail to improve on the mechanics of the original but they failed to stay true to the original where it counted. Style and mechanics. The issue is that the development team lacked both Eul and Guinsoo, with only Icefrog there is little they can do. The interface is hard-to-read, the graphics blend together to create a kind of blurry mess, many mechanics were ripped out and placed into a "classic-mode" and many new items and mechanic changes have ruined the game for those of us who enjoyed the original. Fan boys rave about how "balanced" it is but it's no more balanced than any other MOBA.

Not a BAD game by any rate. Just not a DotA game.
  73. Aug 17, 2014
    Awesome. Game Nice graphics.Just Server issues which really suck as they Give Low priority. Otherwise its good game.Its best game in Free to play category.
  74. Aug 17, 2014
    This game's community is really bad. Every match they have at least 5 Russians and they don't speak English. Plus this game is very addictive that my brother forgot about his real life.
  75. Aug 16, 2014
    The game has come a long way since 2013, the only problem I could really find was the few miss behaved people who float around in the community. They should really try to respect the people trying to have some fun.

Don't misunderstand, I've spent around 800 hours of my life playing Dota 2, and there's not always insolent and jerks to play with, I've met really nice people whom I've the luck to play with.
  76. Aug 13, 2014
    I've played this game for 273 hours and I think this game is great with good replay value but its gets competitive quick + it becomes a race for the toxic heroes or for there counters but its worth playing if you like mobas
  77. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game needs time to learn but at all its just god damn awesome, i would everybody recommend to play it if u like MOBAS/ARTS i go about 3k hours now and i will play way more :) awesome!. Btw the company is talented not like riot haha, i mean the content patches are AWESOME and big
  78. Aug 11, 2014
    The basis for a succes was there, but looks like at Valve they have stopped caring about this game as the development has slowed down to a crawl and it's taking waaaaaay to long for them to update the game, fix the plethora of bugs, fix the awful matchmaking system, add new heroes and new game modes. To add insult to injury, they have absolutely no respect for their player base and refuse…
  79. Aug 11, 2014
    a terrible game running by a company just try to make money.it hasn't updated for a long time,but i often have to update the game for its ingame **** you valve.
  80. Aug 11, 2014
    Certainly the most addictive game I played. I love the minimalist core concept combined with an almost unlimited depth. If you play it (semi-)regularly with a team consisting of friends it's at its best. A competitive game avec brio!
  81. Aug 8, 2014
    This is totally my favorite game of my favorite genre. Lots of characters, lots of items, lots of strategies and, of course, lots of fun! Graphics were improved since Warcraft Dota, too.
  82. Aug 6, 2014
    This **** sucks, terrible gameplay, terrible community, **** graphics. League for life. League> Dota 2. League> Dota 2.League> Dota 2.League> Dota 2.League> Dota 2.League> Dota 2.
  83. Aug 5, 2014
    Okay, I am very Mixed about this game. The reasons are that whilst it is a very polished and deep MOBA it lacks certain features that attract me to MOBAS as one of my favorite Genres. SO without further adue, let me begin.
    Okay so first up I want to talk about the good in this game. The classes are varied and each feels like it has an important role. The items pack a punch and a fed character FEELS fed. The map design is flawless with multiple levels of height with ramps needed to access them, however characters with a jump ability etc. can jump straight down. It's things like this IMO that make a good MOBA. Also, match making is very fast, which is great. No matter what time of day it is I get a match in a few seconds.
    The next thing, and this is where I am going to get into the negatives, is where I want to talk about the learning vurve (which is what frustrated me the most). When I play a Moba I personally like a locked on camers, if I want to look around etc. I will disable it for a few seconds to do so. However, Dota 2 is lacking any kind nof lock on camera, you can spam a button to simulate it but that is hardly practical. Also, the community are like a pack of hungry wolves waiting for you to slip up. This discourages new users, and if you're looking at this game as a new player wanting to try it, go play LoL, or even better, Smite.
    My last, and most ANNOYING peeve i have about this game. The god damn freaking camera movement. Not only is there no lock on camera, but you can't even use the arrow keys to look around, you have to move your mouse to the edge of the screen. This would often kill me as a ganker would kill me before I could move my mouse to order a move command.
    All in all this is a great MOBA but a very hardcore one, and if you want MOBA and FUN to be in the same sentence, do not play this game. If you are more serious then you will love it, or if you're a bit of both. You will have mixed feelings. It all comes down to your personal preference.
  84. Aug 3, 2014
    Playing this over 10 god damn years. Still not done yet - game to freakin deep - the neverstopping process of learning new, analysing data, mastering all the little aspects will literally drive you nuts if you brain loves to keep working. But nobody forces you to - you can just have fun like most of the players do.
  85. Jul 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Expand
  86. yt9
    Jul 27, 2014
    Fantastic game. The graphics and cg are amazing. Though the tutorials might be a bit confusing for people who have never played dota1 or similar games.
  87. Jul 26, 2014
    The king of the MOBA genre.

I have logged 2.500 LoL games before swapping to DOTA and recently hit 1.000 games here. I can say that I rarely if ever regret the change. The game play is engaging and the heroes are actually different compared to LoL where your hero choice seems less important. My main beef with the game is how hard it is to get into. The game is one unforgiving
    The king of the MOBA genre.

My main beef with the game is how hard it is to get into. The game is one unforgiving motherf****r and you got few tools to help you except play play and play. Learning LoL was a lot easier and I think both games can learn from each other.
  88. Jul 26, 2014
    dota 2 will and will always be the best game it wrecks wannabe games like lol and hon because lol has terrible everything and hon is ok but dota 2 beats it in alot of aspects. For example LOL is a pay to win game with like 1000 heros every week my friend spent 100$ on it and was in a bad mood because the next day they released a better hero then another and another. not only that but ifdota 2 will and will always be the best game it wrecks wannabe games like lol and hon because lol has terrible everything and hon is ok but dota 2 beats it in alot of aspects. For example LOL is a pay to win game with like 1000 heros every week my friend spent 100$ on it and was in a bad mood because the next day they released a better hero then another and another. not only that but if you mess up one thing in lol nothing bad happens you mess up one time in Dota 2 you lose the game. Also the fact that all of dota 2 characters are FREE thats right FREE you dont have to play 10 games to play one hero like in lol AND you DONT have to pay 30 bucks for a hero either. the only thing you can pay for is to get hero sets and additional badass gear and hon is also a wannabe that is WAY better then bad LoL Expand
  89. Jul 21, 2014
    A great strategy & skill & reflex game with many heroes and abilities. However the worthless community nearly destructs everything. I can only recommend this game if you have thick skin or you have friends to play with. Otherwise you'll become someone who becomes angry while playing rather than having fun and you'll do it while becoming racist against Russians & Spanish speaking people.
  90. Jul 12, 2014
    Best free to play game in a true sense. There's no need to buy new heroes, no Pay-to-win issue at all. The game is absolutely fantastic especially after Valve has been putting focus on server stability, balance and the most importantly, community. It's amazing how the game has been improved since its first Beta launch back in 2011.
  91. Jul 11, 2014
    Dota 2, the game advertised as hard, awesome and good by it's fans. I played the fancy new tutorial, it taught me nothing. I played a bot game, it taught me nothing. I played against players, it taught me the following:

- You need to tell everyone when someone exists your screen, they can't look it up from their minimap. - Call everyone feeder while having most deaths - Spam league

- Call everyone feeder while having most deaths
    - Spam league forums about how skillcap Dota 2 is.
    - Last hitting is very easy
    - Gold is easily gained
    - Snowballing is super fast and strong, games can be decided by any lane just by getting killed 2 times.

Overall pretty average game, graphics are nice and stuff. But the real thing is, it's not that hard game. Sure learning 90 champions is hard, but if i can find figure out most of the stuff in 20minutes that my team was getting beaten, anyone can do it.

My first pvp game was a flamefest, i did not call an missing player and my team died to him....3 times in row for a double kill. Then i was the person with mental issues, i'm feeding and should go back to League. While still holding more farm, less deaths and more income than my team that composed of players who had much more hours in the game than i did (less than 3). MatchMaking sucks as bad as Riot's, even worse i might add. Every player in my pvp games has experience with the game that i don't. So i'll check the game out in 6 months or so again to see what they done with it. Prolly nothing.

Short version:

- Requires more skill than league. [ ] Yes [x] NO
    - Full of A-Holes. [x] Yes [ ] NO
    - Overhyped and boring [x ] Yes [] NO
    - Lucky Valve has other quality game under their name [x] Yes [x] Yes

Don't buy anything in this game until you are sure it's good.
  92. Jul 11, 2014
    It's a good MOBA-Game, no question. The MOBA mechanics are working very well. It could be one of the best games ever. But there is the Dota Community. You can't play a match without being deeply insulted.
    Well and this is the point that kills all the fun in the game.
    What more need be said?
    Valve has to work on the Hero-Balance. Some of the Hereos are much overpowered.
  93. Jul 8, 2014
    MOBA is a terrible genre name, but that being said, this is easily the best of the genre. The most balanced by far with the highest skill ceiling.

Aside from the gameplay, Valve does a great job keeping it updated and working, it has one of the best clients i've seen in a multiplayer video game in a while
  94. Jul 7, 2014
    Never In my entire life have I witnessed a worse community revolving around a video-game than the one that is to be found in Dota 2. The players are: Egotistic, ego centric, unsporting, aggressive, hostile, uncaring, mean, mistrusting, immature, callous, apathetic and incredibly pretentious while at every loss prompting everyone inside the current game to "Report player X" if someone onNever In my entire life have I witnessed a worse community revolving around a video-game than the one that is to be found in Dota 2. The players are: Egotistic, ego centric, unsporting, aggressive, hostile, uncaring, mean, mistrusting, immature, callous, apathetic and incredibly pretentious while at every loss prompting everyone inside the current game to "Report player X" if someone on their team was even remotely new to the game or did any other action not sanctified by them, be it going in what lane you want, not purchasing courier/wards or simply just had an unlucky run/getting cross-classed. Along with being completely miserable to be around, they frequently never speak the language in the region you're playing and nowhere else is this more apparent when russian is spammed into the chat at all times on European zones from 3 different sources at once. And if people do know English, trolling is nothing short but assured from all directions to all teams.

Second biggest problem with this game would be the elitist mindset that orbits anyone that has played this atrocious game for more than a couple of hours. Any behavior that breaks the typical dota 2's hardcore player routine of buying tango, healing salve and iron branches, perhaps with some boots of speed if they're feeling adventurous will result in a wave of F-bombs, intentional feeding, votes of surrender, spam prompts to report player X and disconnecting users as far as the eye can see. I even had cases where players left the game because some guy forgot to buy a courier at the start of the game. And that's me overlooking the fact that killstealing off your TEAMMATES is considered average behavior/a common tactic. In LoL, you can even report people for "being unskilled". As in, anyone. Even if they're level 1.To put it bluntly, MOBA's like dota 2 give out a special kind of disgusting behavior that makes me feel physically ill for very good reasons.

Coming close to problem number 2 is the third epic fail problem of this game. The match-making in Dota 2. Broken, poorly thought through and executed horribly. You are prompted to select a variety of regions before initiating the match-making system and the more regions you have selected, the less waiting time..

Which begs the question, what is the point with the regional system if you're just gonna encourage people to sign up for all regions? The end result will be that nobody sticking to their geographical zones and not only causes frustration in the form of people trying to communicate and chat with eachother in the chat as described above but also disallows any kind of vocal / text tactical communication since everyone does not speak the same language. In all honestly, this game is overloaded with issues just like this and I would be able to overlook this particular embarassing design-flop if it wasn't for the actual hard functionality of the MM as well being broken. The scenario on where 4-5 organized people in a group, all sitting in ventrilo/teamspeak while packing thousands of hours in Dota 2 each have a very likely possibility to be "teamed" up against new players with less than 10 hours with no complaints from the match-making system (even if there is a very large queue) throws out any chance of that. This happens particulary often if you decide to try the game out with a friend or two which leaves me with yet another question: The purpose of match-making was to find equally skilled opponents. So why is this even remotely possible? Team-based games with a mandatory MM are supposed to be fair. Not Tyrannosaurus rex VS a duckling. I'm reluctant to say that Dota 2 even has a match-making at all once you look at all the facts.

Even with all these problems, I could actually see myself overlooking them at a certain time during a year due to the sheer amount of possible combinations in this game with heroes & items and the addictive quality the game has if it wasn't for all the other flaws.

The commitment to play DotA MOBA's however, is the biggest flaw of them all that this game inhibits. It changes whoever plays the game as a person. For the worse. Why? Because the game inhibits "addictive" qualities similar with that of jamming needles full with endorphin into your spine every half hour. It's painful, it hurts your emotional stability, it hurts you as a person and it hurts the people around you and for what? A small kick of pleasure/self satisfaction as you managed to win a fundamentally unbalanced game with an emphasis on gank above all else due to chance or otherwise pre-meditated "pubstomping"? Not worth it in so many ways since at the end of the day, Dota 2 will never be fully balanced because Valve will be split between tournament-balances and casual or the "normal" version of the game while repeatedly adding more and more content in the form of heroes.

I could keep on going with design flop after design flop but at the end of the day, this game is not worth anyone's time or dedication.
  95. Jul 6, 2014
    The game used to be great, from the original DotA on Warcraft III to the beginnings of DotA 2 on Steam. Then, like a light, someone flipped the switch. The game that used to be about teamwork turned in to "Puta", "comment me" and "REPORT". The language barrier that has been erected is stronger than the 14 old year kids urges who play this. If you speak English, and would like to play withThe game used to be great, from the original DotA on Warcraft III to the beginnings of DotA 2 on Steam. Then, like a light, someone flipped the switch. The game that used to be about teamwork turned in to "Puta", "comment me" and "REPORT". The language barrier that has been erected is stronger than the 14 old year kids urges who play this. If you speak English, and would like to play with English speaking players, find 5 of them and play together. Otherwise you will only play with the aforementioned 'REPORTS'.
    They are so close to fixing the problem... They added these little nifty check boxes for who you want to play with. Check English if you want to play with English players, so on and so forth. The problem is, if you check English, Spanish, Russian etc. all at the same time, the myth is that you get a faster que time.
    Then there's the reporting system. If you have a teammate that wants to feed, report him. That way he'll be in your next game for sure to feed some more.
    The bottom line is, if you want a game where you can't understand a single thing your team is saying 80% of the time, play DotA 2. If you want a game where the s**t heads of the community are no longer punished, play DotA 2. If you want feelings similar to an endless pit of dread, accompanied by questioning your life choices, play DotA 2...

2k+ hours of it and I'm through...
  96. Jul 6, 2014
    10/10 Best language learning tool EVER. Makes Rosetta Stone look like a JOKE. Available in Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and every language in the European Union.
  97. Jul 4, 2014
    Great game with great balance completely tainted by one of the most toxic communities out there and horrible matchmaking to give you inescapable losing struggles.
  98. Jul 2, 2014
    Best MOBA there is. Graphics are much better than it's competitors (LoL), it's not full of 9 year olds (LoL), it's not pay to win (LoL), and it doesnt take 3 3rd party DRMs to play (LoL). It may be hard at first, but it gets easier.

Also $10,000,000 international prizepool.
  99. Jul 2, 2014
    the best game in the world... "One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay." nuff said
  100. Jul 1, 2014
    The MOBA that every gamer should try for at least a few hours. DoTA is nearly ten years old and is the wisest of all the MOBAs. Each hero is playable and competitive and patches are carefully balanced on buffs and nerfs. Heroes aren't nerfed for being the flavor of the month and are still competitive after getting nerfed a wee bit.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.