3.8

1. Jul 29, 2011
    Well, this is a addition to a bad, lackluster game, another disappointing developer presumption that difficultly is the same as impact and complexity . Another typical Bioware way of subconsciousness marketing. How else to explain that their choices have no consequences , their questions have no answer.
    Everything reduced to paying for basic answers,and preventing game resales and
    ruining it's own lore and story in the progress ,just like the base game compared to DAO. It's just useless content that fails at repairing damage done by the first game.
    On the technical side companion AI glitches, waves that look different on the surface but are equally annoying, and overall predictable boss behavior based on difficulty again lacking even basic tactics.
    Played better DLC's for the same or even lesser price tag, and those made sense from the player story progression perspective and they did not feel tacked on , to restore the damage done by the first game that will not be repaired. The score is given because there are a few new assets.
  2. Jul 27, 2011
    Well, the user reviews are going to get filled with fanboys and trolls giving this 10/10 ratings, so here's a 0/10 for balance. It's actually entirely well earned. Legacy is Bio's shoddy attempt at making peace with their critics. A lot of feedback went into the making of Legacy. Let's name a few of them. 1, if you hated Hawke then you're wrong, here's a three hour long story about why we think Hawke is important! 2, if you hated DA2's **** combat, here's more **** combat. 3, if you hated **** boss fights that went on and on and on, then here's more of that! Enjoy my middle finger, BioWare. Expand
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    I was amazed that people would give this crap dlc High SCORES. But reading the reviews i realised its just BIOWARE STAFF and Marketeers.

Stories about making changes and listening to customers complaints are nonsense. They are charging 10 dollars for 1 to 2 hours of gameplay. Story is very thin and pointless. No interesting discussions or choices and no possibility to talk to your
    Companions. just a repeat of same old same old. The end boss i needed to restart ten times because of glitches in de AI of companions. All in all a lost opportunity and once again a big middlefinger from Bioware/ Laidlaw to their stupid customers. I was really hoping Bioware could set things straight but is not what happened. Avoid at all cost Expand
  4. Jul 26, 2011
    Just to equal that **** review of Merrill4Life. Everyone knows that DA2 was far from perfection and this is probably another fanboy. Just to mention Witcher in the review is a proof that it's meant to boost the score of Legacy, nothing more.
  5. Jul 30, 2011
    After playing through the original game from start to finish, my wife bought this expansion and found it to be a complete waste of money. The final boss fight is extremely frustrating and rather than the difficulty being introduced by skill or fun elements, the final boss fight is difficult because all of your support characters have horrible AI and are constantly eager to die. Terrible design, not fun at all DO NOT PURCHASE. Expand
  6. Aug 3, 2011
    After releasing a rushed , **** , disappointing game like DA2, I tried to trust them when they said they were "listening to the fans" to make "what they want" ****

This DLC is pointless, over-priced , simple and not worth wasting your money or BiowarePoints on it.

But I must say that DA2 original game is so **** bad that even this simple "Legacy" crap has a better story. Won't be buying
    another DA2 DLC unless it is like 100 times better than this one. 10â Expand
  7. Aug 1, 2011
    Bioware....just...shame...shame on you. Did everybody from BG and NWN and DAO leave or something? God...I can't believe this horrible horrible presentation...you haven't learned a single thing from the all feedback on DA2? Because...you haven't fixed a single one of those flaws. Thank god you didn't get do Van Buren.
  8. Aug 4, 2011
    Well I can't believe I'm saying this, but this DLC is actually better than the Core game or any other DA2 DLC. It seems Bioware finally realized what a big mistake they made and started making it right, and this step is clearly the first of it. It has a good story with surprises, companion reactions, and finally a decent combat system. Finally not every fight is like enemies appearing from nowhere but more like Origins and Awakening. Good. -1 for outrageous 10$ price, compared to the Witcher 2 free DLCs. Expand
  9. Aug 10, 2011
    I was amused to read about a DA2 DLC. Really? a DLC for the 'fans'? or was it stuff that's already part of the game but chopped to pieces to nickel and dime the fanbois? A DLC for the so called 'game of the decade', smells entirely rotten to it's core. Such a shame a great franchise could be ruined by corporate greed.
  10. Aug 3, 2011
    I logged in specifically to write a bad review for this. You can't polish a turd and DA2 was a gigantic brown tugboat. Why do developers feel they can cut corners on a game just because the previous installment was successful? Origins was perfect the way it was. They should have just improved the graphics but left everything else alone! Very annoying.
  11. Aug 2, 2011
    Really Bioware? Is this the best you can do? The storyline is 100% linear and predictable, combat is the same old crap besides one new enemy type added, the puzzles are dumb and/or annoying, the new items fail to be better than the existing ones, and I'm pretty sure the bossfight was specifically made to screw you over due to your party's terrible AI.
  12. Aug 6, 2011
    Truly disappointed that BioWare can't come up with anything more creative than an unimaginative dungeon crawl. Also very disappointed that the Lead Designer (Mike Laidlaw) skewed the results by rating his own game a 10. If this is your best work, you should be fired.
  13. Sep 14, 2011
    Another turd by previously-decent BioWare. I wonder if anyone's left there that actually likes RPGs? This is another phoned-in DLC by a company that stopped caring about anything other than $ a long time ago.
  14. Jul 28, 2011
    there are wayyyy too many butthurt DA Origins fans here who complain about how DA2 was a bad game and how logically this must be worse and etc etc. well DA2 was not a bad game, it's just different from Origins and somehow making a game that's not the exact same as its predecessor makes the game horrible. I admit, DA2 was rushed a bit and the writing was not on par with what Bioware usually creates, but DA2 was still a good game. Legacy helps improve on DA2 with a robust story and a fun and entertaining mission. The style of DA2 is still there, but as i said, there is nothing wrong with it, except to butthurt DA Origins fans. It's not a perfect DLC, but it's a great addition to the game. Expand
  15. Aug 2, 2011
    So I'm happy to report that Legacy has - thankfully - avoided the two monumental design errors of its parent game. The DLC features a brand new area to explore outside of Kirkwall. Your adventure brings you to a Grey Warden prison in the Vimmark mountains, an area which turns out to be darkspawn-infested fortress. The dungeons - while not mindblowing - are a refreshing change of pace from exploring the carbon copy cutouts that were Dragon Age 2's map designs. The atmosphere is suitably sinister, and the DLC brings a healthy dose of interesting story content to boot. An ancient darkspawn is breaking free of its chains, and as you delve deeper into the depths of the prison, you uncover startling secrets concerning the nature of this threat. The story is engaging, and some endgame revelations are quite satisfying.

See the full text of the review here: http://boredomsadvocate.blogspot.com/2011/08/review-dragon-age-legacy.html
  16. Sep 4, 2011
    It have NOT made a DA2 better game. Simple as that. DA2 was oversimplyfied , overconcentrated on combat , linear , boring game. DA2:Legacy is no diffrent. It does not repair what was wrong about DA2.
    Also it does not give you good value of quality content for $ you spend on it.
    Unless you for any reason totally fanatically loved DA2 , avoid this DLC and whole DA2 like plague.
  17. Aug 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's reasonable ok until the horrible last boss where the companion A.I. makes it a nightmare and a mouse clickfest to continually avoid the fires. Tiresome and pointless. To quote Homer S. in The Hulk cameo : "I.. Hate .. it. SO much!" Expand
  18. Sep 5, 2011
    Quite poor despite the new content, you still have the clunky console grade fighting controls that killed this game before DLCs came out. Sorry but you can get the excellent origins series in ultimate edition for about the price of this poor offering.
  19. CZM
    Jul 28, 2011
    A great addition to DA2. What i especially like was the multi level nature of the prison you explore in the game. It really gave a good sense of scale and exploration that was lacking in many parts of DA2. I also liked and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of companion dialogue in this DLC. One think I really have not liked about most prior DLC in Origins was that are given new companions that you don't care about or your companion characters are silent. In this pack there is a fair amount of dialogue from companions you have in the actual game. Also good was that there were several side quests in the DLC. Overall a good three to four hour experience. Expand
  20. Aug 19, 2011
    I really just can't even say how bad bioware is becoming... Writers that picks up idea from MEYERS
    continue DLC'ing the very first day... and button mashing fighting

Bioware is officially dead, i will always remember the good ol' days of Baldur's Gate saga
  21. Aug 14, 2011
    Why IF All people in the world say that DA2 is ******, they create DLC, this politics is Kill bioware/
    Maybe I badly write in English, but If I decide to say about DA2 and this DLC, all I may say very short and concentrate:
    very bad DLC like DA2
    If we want show that DA2 and politics DLC is bad*, we must don't buy it
  22. Aug 17, 2011
    lol this game is so **** combat is bad, voice actors are bad, story sucks, its lackluster and disappointing.. I'm not going to bother elaborating on any of my issues or even offer any useful criticisms cuz this game is **** Bioware should just quit, this farce would have never happened at cd projcket!!!!!
  23. Aug 31, 2011
    To cut a long review short If you loved the first game and its add ons its best that you know in advance that this game just hasnt got the polish or finish that the first dragon age had. Is it a bad game ? No is it as good as the first dragon age / dragon age awakening ? no it isnt My advice is to wait until this game comes down in price then buy it

This game has tainted my opinion of EA
    and Bioware a bit and i dislike it for feeding my doubts about a company whose products i normally love and cant wait to buy. Expand
  24. Sep 22, 2011
    Gods, they broke DA:O even worse! Before I played this, I thought they will make something at least worth money I spend on this! I don't get this, how anyone could put more than 5/10? Beside those trolls from Bio...
  25. Sep 26, 2011
    Terrible, not worth buying, storyline stupid. Are you serious, the blood of Hawke. Can someone tell me why this character has not been killed off. Hawke is the worst main character.
  26. Jul 29, 2011
    Have played it twice now and I love it to bits =) I kind of think that you have to play it a few times in order to evaluate it properly. Things I like, that you can play it in all the 3 Acts and that it gives different material for each of them. That is really good for replay purposes.
    The dlc has some really good bits with the siblings. Bring along Carver or Bethany for extra value,
    there are some really sweet bonding moments. Love my FemHawke and her interaction with Carver. The banter with all the companions is wonderful as usual. Isabella and Aveline has some very amusing ones.
    The areas are new designs and very pretty. Made me happy to see a bit of open area and some good vistas. Story-wise it's great! I personally like the family-connection and the new lore concerning the blight and the darkspawn. Very interesting to see how that will play out in the future for my FemHawkes. Fighting was great fun and I found the last boss to be very interesting, in a deadly kind of way =) Like I said. Loved this dlc to bits and it would have gotten a 10 from me if my FemHawkes LI had had a little more to say. Sorry but Iam a romantic sap.

Ohh... and I'm not terribly impressed by just giving this dlc a "0" without giving any ingame reasons for why you didn't like it. Of course you don't have to do so, but I have read a few of them and I'm not really sure that they actually played it and that they didn't just go "hate hate hate". Fine, you didn't like something that I liked very much. What in the dlc was it that you didn't like. Do you have anything specific? I loved it, call me a fangirl if you like =) have a good time on the internets.
  27. Aug 9, 2011
    I was disappointed with DA 2, but am pleasantly suprised with the Legacy DLC. There was plenty of action, some questions were answered, nice loot, plenty of comic relief what more could you ask for?
  28. Aug 1, 2011
    Well I"ll just say its interesting for a dragon age expansion. I think they should have had 3 months more time and then they could have made it like Awakening for Origins but still i give a 10!
  29. Oct 15, 2011
    Dragon Age II : Legacy is a good DLC. Things i like. you can play it in all the 3 acts, you can play with Templar Bethany and Carver or Warden Bethany and Carver too. It also have replay possibilities ( you can choose between two ends) Is interesting for a Dragon Age 2 DLC, and far more better then The exiled prince. I played it in nightmare, and the gameplay time was 5h26 min.
  30. Aug 24, 2013
    Dragon Age Review 9: An interesting question at the heart of game design is precisely WHO becomes a game director. And how do these precious few manage to 'Rise to the top' of the 'design game'. How do guys like Ken Levine at irrational, Casey Hudson and Mike Laidlaw at Bioware get there. It matters a lot since the director is the boss man of the project. Sigh. I guess it is ajob that is too big and too difficult for mere mortals. With a large modern AAA game there are SO many moving parts that the director needs to be a managerial genius, a rarely-sleeping over achiever, a leader, a person-person, tech-savy, art-savy, cutting edge, savante, literary conneiseur, perfect at time-management not only for himself but for others too, steering a ship of 200 egotistic, self-proclaimed 'creative talents', into a single unified, coherent vision that will please EVERYONE all the time. The game director should have no family, no private life nothing to distract him from his vital mission of perfecting his game hour by hour and day by day from the first rough concept to final publication and beyond. The game director has to make sure everyone does their job perfectly. Leading, soothing, coaxing and whip-cracking all the way. He must inspire fear and respect, talk the talk with 3D artists and programmers who are proud (and sometimes difficult) experts in many fields. He must inspire trust and respect from his employers as well as his team. What can I say, It's a hell of a job. And he must face the music if the sum of a VAST effort somehow fails. Sorry Mike, no doubt you are a good project manager. However on the art side you are weak. A Fantasy Role Playing Game is primarily a labour of WORLD DESIGN. All the parts are subservient to that. Whatever VAST labours have gone into making Dragon Age. Nowhere has there been the needed core focus on Geology, language, architecture, culture and history. Dragon Age has a lot of stores, NPC's and narrative elements. From the Origin's period these were pretty awesome. From the DA2 epoch less so. Far more trivial and teen themed: Yet all of these elements are swimming in limbo if they dont CONNECT meaningfully into an ongoing LIVING fantasy world. You cannot build the city of Denerim for example, or Amaranthine for example and then create a trilogy where the players are unable to go there. Freedom of movement is a basic component of real life. It needs to be a basic component of a fantasy world too. So long as Bioware spends thousands and thousands of prime man-hours building one-off scenarios the effort is largely being wasted. Because the game world, THEDAS does not exist. And adventures in this non-existant 'place' are simple disconnected episodes. Since this is also so OBVIOUS, so simple, so FUNDAMENTAL, so non-controversial and self evident, and has been since 1975, my big question is how poor old over-worked, busy as a bee Mike Laidlaw doesn't get this. How too could Greg and Ray not get this. It is very exciting really, because if all these hoary, 'experts' these 'pros' don't understand the needed framing for a fantasy RPG, it leaves a nice space for a grand game design in the future when someone who DOES get it, finally clicks. And sees that it is not only possible, and possible in a non-MMO format too! The Eureka moment will eventually come. The best then is definitely in the future of game design. The near future if anyone actually listens to me, pierces the rant to its enlightened source.

1. Apr 11, 2012
    A surprisingly detailed add-in for this controversially received sequel. New approaches to encounter design and smarter enemies stand out, although story remains a strong feature.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    You never know what to expect from Bioware when they create a new DLC. Sometimes they are decent, more often not. Legacy and Mark of the Assassin are pleasant surprises in the continuum. The adventures are well written, Tallis is a compelling new character and the combat is challenging enough. The add-ons are solid work, but not extraordinary by any means. [Nov 2011]
  3. Aug 31, 2011
    It spawns enemies behind your back, fails to improve lame AI and contains a range of bugs (e.g. enemies hitting you through a closed gate). BioWare failed to convince me that they are capable of learning from their mistakes. [Sept 2011, p.65]