5.3

1. Oct 13, 2011
    I just have to say this Dlc is good, interesting, stealthy, misterious and a big diamond as a present. I just hope that there will b more DLC for Dragon age 2 until Dragon age 3 Exiting date will be reviled!
  2. Oct 12, 2011
    what can i say? I like dragon age origins, i like the awaking, i like all of the DLC witch belongs to dragon age. I think this is better, then the Legacy was, but it is not perfect. Tallis (Felicia Day) is a great character! With her the game now is almost "perfect'.
  3. Oct 11, 2011
    Bioware does it again! A truly worthy addition to what PC Gamer crowned the "best RPG of this decade" Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin surpasses everything gamers have come to expect from DLC. The lovely Felicia Day comes alive as Tallis in a performance so convincing and immersive it as if you were actually exploring the world of Thedas with the actress herself. The new stealth basedBioware does it again! A truly worthy addition to what PC Gamer crowned the "best RPG of this decade" Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin surpasses everything gamers have come to expect from DLC. The lovely Felicia Day comes alive as Tallis in a performance so convincing and immersive it as if you were actually exploring the world of Thedas with the actress herself. The new stealth based mechanics are simply amazing and add hours of replay value to an already incredible game. Now not only can you think like a General and fight like a Spartan, but you can now sneak like a Ninja as well. Bioware has shown that they are the modern day masters in the gaming industry, providing in a DLC better stealth based combat and avoidance than seen in the Metal Gear Solid and Assassins' Creed series. Truly this is a must buy and one can only marvel at what next exciting chapter awaits Dragon Age II. Expand
  4. Oct 12, 2011
    Let me start with what's bad. The biggest issue here is, of course, the price. Ten bucks is a lot of money to ask for a single-player DLC that can be finished in less than five hours. To top it off, it does not add much to the core game, without any real impact on Hawke's saga as a whole. The second issue is the stealth-gameplay. While I can appreciate the effort Bioware put in to thisLet me start with what's bad. The biggest issue here is, of course, the price. Ten bucks is a lot of money to ask for a single-player DLC that can be finished in less than five hours. To top it off, it does not add much to the core game, without any real impact on Hawke's saga as a whole. The second issue is the stealth-gameplay. While I can appreciate the effort Bioware put in to this section, it feels out of place, and can be very frustrating. How do my stealth skills not work here? I've crafted a guile and shadowy Hawke, yet he's unable to use the abilities I purposely gave him. Lastly, the puzzles are a mixed bag, while challenging and engaging at times, they also become tedious. There addition feel a bit heavy-handed and superficial. It's also a bit unrealistic that a manor's vault and treasure will be protected by color-coded magical doors and pressure plates, when I'm sure locks will be more efficient (I know this because the outside locks cannot be picked by either you or Tallis, meaning they work better at protecting your stuff than puzzles do).

Now for the good, while I cannot recommend one to pay this much for the game, I can certainly tell you there is a beautiful and complex story here, one worth hearing and experienced. Packed with numerous exploratory elements, with more sidequests than I thought they can put in a typical DLC, this part of Hawke's tale is the most interesting and most involving I've come across. There is a personal sidequest for all your companions, there is significant interaction between who you take with you. They aren't just staring into blank space at all times. There is much you might miss if you rush it, and what you might miss feels so personal, that I would implore you to try again with another character with different companions. No matter the gameplay flaws, Bioware remains the king of videogame writing, and Mark of the Assassin is a shining jewel in the crown that king wears. And for this, I don't regret the purchase.

In the end, the DLC is almost a return to form in Bioware's legacy. It has its awkward and sometimes forced gameplay mechanics, muddling a well-told, immersive, and engaging tale, which is the right balance of linearity and open-endedness. So buy it, if you want to play a subtle, endearing, and personal gaiden in Hawke's life; otherwise, RSVP "No" to this party.
  5. Oct 13, 2011
    One of the best dlc in recent times. If you like Dragon age universe and are fan of its lore then you owe it to yourself to buy this. I know most of you had your gripes with DA2, don'st let it influence your decision to buy it. This DLC has beautiful outdoor surroundings that reminded me of DAO brecillian forest and best dialogue I have heard in recent times( note my Hawke was funnyOne of the best dlc in recent times. If you like Dragon age universe and are fan of its lore then you owe it to yourself to buy this. I know most of you had your gripes with DA2, don'st let it influence your decision to buy it. This DLC has beautiful outdoor surroundings that reminded me of DAO brecillian forest and best dialogue I have heard in recent times( note my Hawke was funny character build). Also this DLC also varies gameplay by introducing proper stealth sections rather than those in Mass Effect 2's Arrival DLC which are a complete joke compared to this. Also your companions that you choose to take with you have unique and funny dialog(mine were Varric and Anders). Also be ready to encounter familiar characters from both DAO and DA2. Also there are possible hints to DA3. So kindly give DLC a try before you judge it. It is better than most DLC out there. Expand

1. PC Games (Russia)
    Nov 23, 2011
    A fine add-on offering diverse and fun gameplay variations, some of those never before seen in the series. [December 2011, p.92]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2011
    You never know what to expect from Bioware when they create a new DLC. Sometimes they are decent, more often not. Legacy and Mark of the Assassin are pleasant surprises in the continuum. The adventures are well written, Tallis is a compelling new character and the combat is challenging enough. The add-ons are solid work, but not extraordinary by any means. [Nov 2011]
  3. Nov 7, 2011
    The only serious drawback of this DLC is that you cannot change the outcome of its story.