4.3

1. Nov 25, 2014
    Bioware turned their back for some of their loyal fans of Dragon Age and decided to drop dual core wielders out of their trilogy and configure the game for the xboxes etc.. In a past you could hang on in a game if you reduced the graphics etc, but not anymore.. It's obvious that Bioware thinks that If you can't or don't buy the proper iron or a playing console, we don't need your money at all. So Bioware: keep your Dragon Age, I don't want or need it even if my iron upgrades in a future. Luckily the Pillars of Eternity is coming. Expand
  2. Nov 24, 2014
    The name suggest a sequel of Origins, instead is a dumbed-for-consoles Action-RPG in which combos are more effective than skills, when sheath a weapon appears a FAKE one and, of course, all of this casual crap mapped entirely in invisible corridors, no isometric view, no customizable party, no toolkit to create mods, but it has enemies... LOTS OF ENEMIES! Sorry, I have not been able to finish this "Street Fighter Medieval" crap, I can't even pass the first map and I ended up returning to Dragon Age Origins well modded. This game worth zero to anyone who expect a Dragon Age game, shame of you Bioware! Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2014
    First of all: This is my personal opinion, so you should be aware, that your view of the game could differ. I am a fan of Dragon Age Origins (379 Hours on my Steam account) and played DAII for 211 hours.

+ A good storyline (not as good as DAO, but not bad either).
    + 3 different personalities for hawke (Diplomatic, Humorous, Aggressive)
    + Choices depending on multiple aspects like
    class, weapon of choice or companions.
    + Fully voiced Hawke.

+/- Graphics. (I dont really care about graphics)
    +/- Some choices dont really have an impact on the story (Side with the qunari for example has the same end as siding against them.....unless ;) ).

- The Combat system is like a **** anime: Unbelievable and exaggerated.
    - You are forced to play a human. This takes a lot of the immersion of the game (compared to DAO).
    - The Levels are like most of the negative reviews here: If you´ve seen one, you´ve seen them all. Repetitive, annoying and boring.

In summary: The game is neither good nor bad. It has many flaws but also plenty of positive aspects.
  4. Nov 22, 2014
    I've just finished the review of Dragon Age Origins and this is the opposite in any possible way. While DA:O is the succession of the gameplay from Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, DA2 is more like a "social experiment" to test the players reaction at an "hybrid" of PC and Console gameplay, the result is that all console players love (when they hated DA:O isometric camera), and all PC players feels an empty gameplay totally focused to action and combos, it is the same what "build" you have because combos does more damage than skills. I will be clear: this IS a bad game, incomplete, invisible corridors, repetitive, recycle of scenarios, etc, but could be more close to be "digestible" as a "spin-off" in the saga, but that "2" ruined the saga irremediably, now we have to play Dragon Age: Inquisition with shame. And why? Because Bioware wanted to earn a handful of bills more... Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2014
    When compared to DAO, DA2 is a bit of a letdown. Judged on its own, however, it is a decent game which is certainly worth a few play troughs. The biggest let-down of this title is that players are confined to one city, and exposed to the same settings over and over throughout the playthrough. Expanding this title to several cities/regions in the Free Marches might have improved gameplay.

Pros:

-Improved combat system (from DAO)
    -Solid graphics (for 2011 game)
    -Main Character has voice in conversation
    -Great dialogue options for Main Character, especially humorous options.
    -Plot foundations are solid

Cons:

-Plot execution botched at times--a lot of "missed opportunities" to push home questions posed by conflicts which were so skillfully executed in DAO
    -Main Character confined to one city
    -Scenes/settings are re-used too much which makes completing side-quests boring after a time
    -Uninspired crafting system
    -Breaking the plot up into 3 "acts" makes the plot seem less linear

Overall, the game is certainly worth a few playthroughs, but is not a worthy successor to DAO.
  6. Nov 19, 2014
    This was unbelievably disappointing. I played the game to 'warm up' for Inquisition after I had kept away from it for years when I first saw credible reviews. I should have kept to it. It feels more like a chore playing the same battles in the same environments over and over (and over and...) again just to realize experience and money are worthless since enemies strength scales and the best items are delivered by DLC (stand in your home at the very beginning of the game). Waste of time and nerve. I feel cheated by the publishers and developers (for not standing up to their publishers crazy demands) and most reviews from 'professional' gaming magazines are straight out filled with lies. This being said parts of the game were actually well crafted. I liked the skill system and towards the end (last 30 mins) the story and enemies became more interesting. This game had a lot of potential and could have been great. Sadly it only lived up to the investors wishes. Expand
  7. Nov 18, 2014
    Wow.
    I picked up Dragon Age 2 recently, having played and very much enjoyed Dragon Age: Origins. This game utterly fails as a sequel. Everything people played Origins for seems to have been skimped on, dumbed down, or just completely removed in DA2. The combat system, for example. On paper, it seems like an improvement (to DA:O's somewhat lacking system), but in practice it gets very
    boring very fast. It's insultingly easy and repetitive, with little to no thought involved. That's the least of this game's problems, however. The plot is a mess; it's packed full of sub-plots which just fade out with no real resolution, and aren't really that interesting to begin with. Things just sort of happen, leaving the player with no feeling of agency or importance in the world. The characters as a whole weren't very engaging either, with many a stereotype and one-dimensional character. The characters are, in my opinion, the most important part of any Dragon: Age game. Without compelling characters, Dragon Age doesn't have much going for it. Had I not been such a huge fan of Origins, I wouldn't have played it through if I hadn't been such an avid fan of DA:O. A waste of my time, and certainly a waste of yours. Do not buy this game. Expand
  8. Nov 16, 2014
    I just finished DA2 for the first time a few minutes ago and it's only now struck me how bad BioWare's writers are. The story is uninspiring. The references to DA:O feel forced (I'm meant to believe King Alistair came all the way to this crappy island just to say hi to a nobody, and that he's been wearing an impractical suit of armour the whole way?) The dialogue alternates between cringeworthy, skippable and jarringly anachronistic. Characters will shout their secret motivations in full view of their enemies, whose ears are probably bleeding from the booming echoes. The player's companions are one dimensional (I'm glad I was given the opportunity to tell the tragic and mysterious elf hipster to jump off a bridge, my score would probably be even lower if I had to bring him along too). The NPCs are largely forgettable. The ending is a bizarre sequence of boss fights that feel ripped from a Final Fantasy game, complete with oversized swords and screaming characters leaping around impossibly.

Besides the writing, the music wasn't as good as it could have been and there were consistent texture issues with DirectX11 which I haven't seen in any other game. On the positive side, the graphics were generally good after reverting to DX9, and the art style (oversized Final Fantasy swords excluded) was coherent.
  9. Nov 6, 2014
    I hope EA and Bioware will learn and understand the golden rule of gaming industry. Internet user feedback never reflects the wills of gamers. Because most of the fans are just enjoying from the wonderful game, generally don't even bother to leave a review here.

Look at this game, it has all the elements contributing to its great success and sales records, but it gets a ridiculously low
    user score here. In fact, this game is just like Skyrim which is a master piece because it removes all the complicated elements of RPG, making the game an exploration and action oriented lightweight RPG. This reaches the top game standard, a game can be enjoyed by everyone, attracting a much bigger audience base.

It seems DA3 is going in a wrong direction again, caring for a minority of hardcore RPG players will only result in a fall of sale. Because it will never attract the majority of gamers due to taste preference.
  10. Oct 29, 2014
    It gets a five for gameplay and a three for level design but the plot and characters alone make this one of my favorites. It's definitely earned some of the scorn it gets but if you get way into a games story like I do, this is really a fun time. I suggest play it on easy and just soar through the **** parts. Hoping this stuff is ironed out in the next game in the franchise.
  11. Oct 20, 2014
    It's a good game. I start by saying that because it's easy to forget with all the flaws, but it is. The gameplay is faster and more visceral and the dialogue system is much improved with a fully voiced pc and dialogue wheel. Characters are memorable and well developed. Now the bad: dungeon maps are recycled again and again, the plot is nearly linear for the most part, and the setting is limiting in scope when compared to previous Bioware games. In addition there's really no through line within the plot. This is all harder to swallow because of the massive potential in the game. In a city like Kirkwall, with nobility, mages, and templars all plotting, and a rags to riches story for the main character, Bioware had the opportunity to make a dynamic political thriller in the vein of A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) which it should be noted was one of Bioware's biggest influences in the first Dragon Age. The small confines of Kirkwall could have been expanded and varied into a medieval Vice City. Add to that a Qunari uprising and you'd have one hell of a story. But alas this is not so. Still as I said, a good game. Expand
  12. Oct 14, 2014
    For RPG gamers, DA2 represents a milestone that will never be surpassed. This game managed to achieve all the below astonishing feats simultaneously:
    1. It destroyed the greatest RPG franchise after Baldur's Gate. Unlike any other RPG franchise, this is the first game series that went from perfect to trash in the collective mind of the RPG community. And it only took one sequel.
    2. It
    damaged the reputation of Bioware among the oldest and most consistent gaming community in the world. Sure, there are always accusations about many different things, including the EA acquisition, but all this is circumstantial. The day this game was released, Bioware died as an RPG developer and became a condole game developer.
    3. It exposed all big game reviewers (websites, journalists, magazines). A game that in the mind of the average RGP fan was pure trash was rated with an "excellent" score. You can fool many people, but if you try to fool everyone, you end up being exposed. Dear gamer, let this be remembered as the absolute evidence that you should not rely on game reviews when buying a game, but instead you should always rent and play it.
    4. It exposed the fake reviews in Metacritic: Who are all these people that "loved the first game, but the sequel is much much better!!!"? And why is it that they repeat, point by point, all the arguments that Bioware and EA brought forth when they tried to defend their choice to strip this game of all its RPG elements so that people who play Farmville and Street Fighter Turbo V X III ULTIMATE VERSION would buy it? Are we meant to believe that these "RPG fans" like button mashing? I am very surprised to find so many of them on Metacritic and other websites, when in real life I've been playing RPGs for 20 years and the hundreds of RPG fans I have met and talked to ACTUALLY HATE button mashing and appreciate a good storyline, character development and customisation and strategic gameplay? WHERE WERE ALL THESE RPG FANS ALL THESE YEARS? Where did they come out from? Could it be they are all fake reviewers? The answer is simple: YES.
    In conclusion:
    This game is an example in what not to do. It can only be compared to the toothpaste managers that took over the film industry as executive producers in previous decades and tried to replace the Scorceses and Coppolas with sitcom directors, and the De Niros and Pacinos with actors like Lorenzo Llamas and Dolph Lundgren.
    DA2 is not an RPG game. Whether people like it or not, RPG gamers want to play RPG games, the same way basketball fans want to play basketball games. There is no point in focusing in secondary issues like the graphics or the DLC when the game is not designed for the people that are meant to buy it. This is a total failure, and a DA3 must be at least as good as the Origins game, in order for people to reconsider buying another Bioware RPG title.
    TO BE AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE.
    BUY THE FIRST GAME, BUY ITS EXPANSIONS, BUY ANY DECENT RPG of previous years and decades, but DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This is an ACTION/FIGHTING GAME (and a really bad one as well), not an RPG.
    (NOTE ON FACTS: I finished DA:O and its expansion, Awakenings, and my rating for that game is 10 - probably around 150 hours or so. I played around 5 hours of this excuse of a game before I uninstalled it and wished someone would had told me what I am telling you in this review).
  13. Sep 21, 2014
    First let me say: I quite liked this game. So why am I giving it only a 4? Because I don't think it's a good rpg. I enyoyed the combat and like the dragon age lore, so that really helped me to enjoy the game. But lokking at it more objective- it has a lot of problems. Level recycling, a lifeless and static world (the npcs in kirkwall are just standing there and doing nothing), bad graphics (the comic look doesn't help in a "mature" rpg). Choices don't really matter. The story execution is bad, while the idea behind it was good. Excessive violence, while the sex scenes are "censored" (characters in full clothes). And again, choices don't matter. Expand
  14. Aug 16, 2014
    It's hard,even for the Master's at Bioware to replecate perfection that was Dragon Age Origins. What we are presented here is a game that was rushed to release,and it clearly shows in Level Design. Alot of reused assets throught Campaign. However,what is in the game is great,better graphics than Origins,Music that is arguably better;Characters while new,are still brought to life with great writing. I have faith Dragon Age Inquisition will be more akin to Dragon Age Origins.

Graphics=10
    Music=10
    Gameplay=8
    Story=9
  15. Aug 16, 2014
    Given that Dragon Age 3 is nearly upon us, I feel that this is the appropriate time to post my long-overdue review of Dragon Age 2. First some history... From the time I beat Dragon Age: Origins, I eagerly anticipated its sequel. Then Bioware revealed the game itself, and eventually released a demo. I had a PS3 at the time, so I tried the demo on that. After my first time finishing the demo, I was hooked. As I had been in the process of building a monster PC, with arguably the best hardware of 2011 (Intel i7 2600k, Nvidia Geforce GTX 580, etc) I wanted great games for it. And I considered Dragon Age 2 as one of them.

I immediately went to my local Gamestop and placed a pre-order for the game, approximately 3 weeks prior to its release date...

Four days before the game was released, I received the parts for my PC and set it up... and I was impatiently awaiting the release of DA2.

On the morning of its release, I rushed to Gamestop and picked the game up, installed it as soon as I got home, and began playing. I was oblivious to the experience I would soon be subjected to...

Needless to say, Dragon Age 2 is a vastly INFERIOR game to its predecessor. While its story is passable at best, the things that made Dragon Age: Origins great were completely missing from this game.

Gone was the well-crafted tactical RPG combat. Gone was any kind of real character customization for your Hawke (Yes, you don't really even have a choice for your own character). Gone was any real diversity in the game's environments and quests.

Instead the product I had paid $60 for was a disappointing experience that is a shadow of the great game whose name it bore. A game that seemed to have been designed with the intention to appeal to the current "CoD Instant Gratification" generation of gamers (Yes I did just say that), with its shallow and "flashy" combat system and shallow characters who serve only to provide more means to unrealistically dismember and eviscerate enemies for the intended "wow" effect to satisfy the aforementioned gamers.

However, I was determined not to let this become a total loss of my money, so I soldiered on and completed the game's campaign. I did not even bother to get any of the DLC either. I simply completed the game, cried a little, and uninstalled it from my hard drive. I then proceeded to hide the disc away in an effort to put the experience out of my mind.

In summary, I was among many who bought into the hype and then got burned. This experience has taught me to forevermore take anything that EA promises with some skepticism, and to never again preorder a game from them.

Compared to Bioware's previous opus, this title can be viewed as the equivalent to a fecal smear on a public restroom toilet seat.

I hath spoken.
  16. Jul 31, 2014
    One may ask about given the low user score, is this a bad game? The answer is NO.
    Within two months of the launch, this game has sold over two million copies around the world. This means that this game is perfect. It adapts to the taste of Call of Duty audience such that this game is no longer can only be enjoyed by those hardcore players, but by everyone who wants to play a game.

By
    dumping all the complicated RPG elements, adopting popular mass effect decision model, and intensifying the action elements, the game becomes a fantastic experience for gamers, especially the majority of gamers, the COD fans and action gamers. This marks the epic era of RPG games, and should be the future trend of RPG game development. So, one can soon foresee the failure of upcoming DA:Inquisitor which tries to resist the flow of tide and adapt for the hardcore players again, which is only a minor portion of players. Expand
  17. Jul 29, 2014
    "Dragon Age II" lacks the epic feeling of its predecessor, although its plot is far more interesting. The dystopian tone of the three-act storyline, the issues it comments on, some intriguing plot lines, such as Leandra's creepy murder or the Qunari uprising, and some more interesting and modern companions than their "Origins" counterparts (with, perhaps, the exception of Morrigan), attempt to give a more mature touch on the series, and partly succeed. Unfortunately, this results in the game's looking weird at times, in addition to its many other weaknesses, including a claustrophobic setting, recycled corridors and some pointless quests. Its great improvements on "Origins", in terms of plot, maturity, thoughtfulness, originality, combat and graphics cannot possibly save the day, making it an love-or-hate sequel to a universally acclaimed predecessor. I liked its darker and more adult look, but it is a great disappointment, should you consider its potential. Expand
  18. Jul 18, 2014
    How the mighty have fallen. Dragon Age II marked the end of Bioware as a serious RPG developer. This is a long winded dating simulation game. Huge amounts of resources have been wasted in cut scenes and NEVER-ENDING blather about the sexual politics of the NPCs. Everything else in the game has been totally neglected. There is not even a city to explore. Only one dungeon, re-used for all encounters. Limited and impaired loot. Limited and impaired encounters. A 'new' art style so much worse than the old one. And a story that railroads the player into a single (horrible) 'Hawke' character. Dragon Age Origins was good but flawed. This game is WORSE in ALL areas. One can conclude that if fan wrath about this game contributed to new management in Bioware that MAY be a good thing. Cross your fingers for Inquisition. 2014 will allow us to see if Bioware still has what it takes as they go into direct contest with Larian (Divinity Original Sin) and Obsidian (Pillars of Eternity).

We pray for a Bioware redemption of course! All the best Edmonton!

orctowngrot
  19. Jun 25, 2014
    How can you take such a successful game like DA:O and remove every single positive from it to create this abomination?

Total Abortion and shameful theft of peoples money through the guise of loyalty. Disgusting.
  20. Jun 10, 2014
    DA2 is a game for those who want more action. It is far easier than DAO which is a good thing for those who play for the story rather than a constant challenge. Combat is fast and fun, although with less emphasis on tactics than DAO. This is NOT a game for those who want a challenging, classic RPG like DAO. The Good: - Fast, fun combat, closer to Mass Effect than DAO - Decent story - Interesting characters
    - The player character is voice acted
    - Enhanced graphics over DAO (still not incredible and not as good as ME3)

The Bad:
    - The UI seems to have undergone a significant downgrade from DAO and can be confusing
    - Because of the more linear story, character customisation is also a downgrade
    - Item stats can be hard to compare and seem like random numbers
    - Items are either pure crap, or incredibly overpowered, the DLC items are especially overpowered.
    - You cannot customise the armour of your party members
    - Very boring environments that are used over and over
    - Absolutely terrible female walk animation. It looks more like a horrific disco dance move that would cause joint injury than an actual walking anim. Fortunately this can be fixed with a mod.

Overall this game is a downgrade from DAO, but is worth the price when on sale for the minor improvements and more fun gameplay (It is worth about 60% of its price at best).
  21. Jun 9, 2014
    I can see why this game received a lot of negative comments. To start off, most of DA II players have played DAO, and in my honest opinion, the former is inferior to the latter. Nonetheless, the DA II still has some commendable features...

Graphics: Slight improvement in comparison to DAO
    Story: More or less in par with DAO
    Gameplay: This is the main advantage of DAII. First of all,
    the mage class seems to be stronger (If you recall from DAO, mage spells like fireball and chain lightning deal ridiculously low damage). In addition, the talents and spells were also improved. The only downside of DA II's gameplay is that the "talent tree" is weird. I don't like the concept of "upgrading talents" since it wastes precious skill points. Bottomline, the gameplay of DAII has significantly improved in comparison to DAO.
    Difficulty: For some reason, I find this game way easier than DAO. I rarely die in normal difficulty, and nightmare mode is relatively less difficult than DAO's nightmare. However, I won't list this as a pro, nor will I list it as a con. I guess it is up to the player's opinion
    Dialogues: One of the cons of DAII. There are less dialogues.
    As for the MAJOR DOWNFALL of DA II, it would be the EXCESSIVE and repetitive maps. Seriously Bioware, what has gotten into you? For the duration of the game, the maps you visit in Act 1 will pretty much be the maps you will be visiting for Acts 2 and 3. To make things worse, they added this stupid "night time feature" which adds to the burden of exploring the SAME REGION just to collect items and resources. It gets more boring and tiresome as the game progresses. The only reasons why I'm still giving this game a relatively high score are the improved graphics and game play.
  22. Jun 5, 2014
    They took the first game, which has polished last gen graphics and gave the new game even more slightly polished graphics. No amount of user mods were able to bring its quality up to standard. However, the graphics aren't awful either, just very old for a AAA title in 2011.
    Unlike the first game, I enjoyed the main character (female character) much more as it feels like the put slightly
    more effort into him/her.
    The best part of this game is Varric Tethras who steals the show from every other character.
  23. Jun 3, 2014
    Terrible, yucky filth and a script that inspires total and absolute celibacy with possible secondary effects of setting fire to my computer. This game is not so much a game more a money making, cheating piece of socio-political forcing liberalism. Even if there was any attempt at making a good game it would still be hamstrung by the plot and in game conversation options. Apart from one or two things here and there, this game makes me hope that EA and Bioware go under and a new dev can rise to power and start doing some really great games. I would rather be stuck in a lift with a man suffering terminal flatulence than play on DA2. Expand
  24. May 31, 2014
    I've put so many hours into DA:O it's not even funny, and compared to that, DA2 was just disappointing.

First the good: voice acting is top notch, characters are well thought out and portrayed, and the bioware storytelling shines through, though there's not much story to tell. I had no real complaints about the combat or skill systems, I actually thought it was a nice improvement.

The bad: Every single encounter is exactly the same: wail on the bad guys, SURPRISE more bad guys came out of NOWHERE! oh, it's a boss fight? do it 3 more times! The difficulty of battles fluctuates wildly, you'll go from mowing through the normal encounters to wiping instantly in another.
    The story is meh. Nothing really happens. It's confined to the city, and, aside from some token appearances of DA:O characters, has nothing to do with that story. It might as well be a completely different world.

The nits: in typical Bioware fashion, bugs abound. For instance, for the entire end of my game, Varric had no body. just a floating head.
  25. May 9, 2014
    Not really sure why this title gets hated on so much. I'm guessing it's mostly because avid fans of the original were expecting the second game to be very similar to the first. It's definitely different, but, in and of itself, I felt like it was an entertaining game.

I think the bad points are already well known:
    -levels get re-used a lot, which feels lazy
    -can't equip your
    companions, so you find a lot of neat gear but can't put it on anybody
    -overall, a bit rushed feeling. for example, there's a lot of generic rings, etc. that you find

But there was also plenty of good:
    -improved skill trees
    -more original storyline. Most every other rpg is about saving the world. This gets dull. DAII is a more personal story about a refugee and a city (I do wish the city changed more over the course of the game though). I also thought the framed narrative made for some cute moments.
    -combat was fast paced and flexible, so you could pretty much have whatever sort of party you wanted. If you were really in love with the more strategic, pause and play style of fighting from DA, you might be disappointed in the new style. I happen to like both, so it was fine for me.

Overall, the game was fun to play which is basically all that really matters to me. If you really, really wanted another dragon age origins, this isn't it. If you're just looking for a solid rpg, however, then DAII is pretty good.
  26. May 8, 2014
    The most accurate description of this game that I can think of is: you explore a poorly made, small city(which reuses environments), full of degenerate people.... to find sequel-hooks and non-descript loot. That's it.

There is nothing this game does better than it's predecessor. Absolutely nothing, While Origins had it's fair share of flaws, when this game tries to fix those, it jumps
    the horse and ends up doing something even worse. And that's when it tries to address issues. Sometimes it takes the good parts of Origins and completely ruins them. So here's the jist, starting with the most important things in an RPG for me:

The story: considerably worse than Origins. While the first game had a pretty generic setting(save the world from the armies of Mord.. I mean Darkspawn), it was made unique and good by what was built atop that. Dragon Age 2 doesn't have a generic plot, but the way that it unfolds, with absolutist mentalities flying all over the place is what degrades it. Dialogue and plot logic is also worse than in it's predecessor. And what's worse, it doesn't even have a plot to speak of. All it does, at every turn, in all three acts, is set up the plot of the next game.

Characters are either forgettable or downright annoying. There was one good character in the entire game, and that was Varric.

The choices you get are between coke and coke zero. You don't get to say Pepsi, or none of the above. At the end of the day, you'll always end up in the same place. And it's terribly balanced as well. There are no complex choices that makes you think. You're going to choose simple coke over coke zero every time, since it is the better choice. There is no balance there.

The game adds nothing to the lore, and does nothing to offer any answers to the questions raised in previous games. The only thing it does, is raise more questions, with a big sign plastered on it: BUY THE NEXT GAME TO FIND OUT. I have no problem with unanswered questions, they're fun, but when done so blatantly, and for such shady reasons... it insults my intelligence.

Combat in Origins was too slow. But it was good, strategic combat. Dragon Age 2 addressed my concerns by jumping the horse, making it way too fast and cartoonish, and throwing away every strategic aspect to it. It even changed the laws of gravity and velocity from the first one... wtf?

Customization is almost nonexistent. Nuff said.

The environment is one tiny city. And it reuses maps over and over. You basically visit the same place over and over again. It becomes so annoying after a time.. and for one tiny city... it looks ugly as hell, the texture quality is terrible.

Graphics haven't been improved much, they merely changed the aesthetics of the game...

The aesthetics of the game are weird, cartoonish and look nothing like the dark, mature Origins. That's the most insulting part of it. That I wouldn't recognize this game as a Dragon Age game, because they changed so much from the previous. From the way characters dress, to the tone of the game, they even changed characters entirely, given them a "cool" look, with ridiculous armor that makes no sense. instead of the believable world of Origins, we're thrown into the world of Inuyasha...

Overall, it's a 5/10, painfully average game, but I'm gonna give it a 1/10 because it insults the memory of Origins and then **** all over it.
  27. May 2, 2014
    I wasn't going to create an account but this game deserves some more positive comments!
    At first, I hated it. Camera was annoying and at first the game was boring and scenery was similar everywhere and all that is true.
    BUT! In the end I still really liked the game. You got used to camera and all battle movements were beautiful and exciting, (especially Fenris. And mage's movements were
    cool) and even tho some of you deny it, but the game looked really pretty.
    I'm not experienced gamer, my difficulty was set for normal and I admit most of the battles were pretty easy but I liked it that way and if I had set it to hard or nightmare it would have been much harder.
    At first when the game started I felt like I was just watching a movie and I didn't really connect with my Hawke at all. it didn't really feel like it was MY character and MY story. But as the game went on that feeling disappeared and I really started to like what my Hawke was becoming.

And for the story, I really liked my companions (Varric and Fenris you were the best) and I liked the plot when it finally started. I loved that I got to meet some origins/awakening characters again. I would have wanted to have more conversations with everyone and about trivial things not just when plot needed it, that's one of the game's biggest flaws for me.

I truly don't think this game deserves so harsh comments. I spent +50 hours on it and enjoyed the game very much. It isn't a game I won't be playing the game again any time soon, because there really isn't another path I'd like my story to go but for me this one time is well worth of the money I paid.
  28. May 1, 2014
    **** game for absolutelly ALL POINTS.

-The graphics are like a **** anime, clean and no way like DA:O ones(realistic and that) the elfs looked like fuking goblins with no-sence phisic esrtructure.

-The story is awful, and VERY DISAPOINTING. You can't chose the race of your character like DA:O, You use a human with no more that 4 answerds each decision time (and the desicion wont
    change ANYTHING from the story of this ''game'')

-Combat and weapons are the WORST THING OF THIS CREATION. The animation movements are like a super sayan with hyteria hyperactivity. And you leave the character doing movements and you win. No comments.

My actual score i give is 0 'cose i cant give it a -9999 out of 10. A saga that will be forgoten and **** for the rest of the life. Thanks bioware (and ''thank you'' to for ME3)
  29. Apr 30, 2014
    how do you take dao and turn it into this one of my biggest let downs in recent years utter rubbish press a button and something awesome happens yes i eject the game.
  30. Apr 12, 2014
    It's funny, but I didn't play this game at release due to all the bad user reviews it was getting but recently decided to do a play through before DA:I is released. I wish I'd followed my own usual advice and ignored the Internet. Hell, I'm even beginning to wonder if people weren't trolling the game at release. This game was fun. Decent story, good characters, great voice actors and a better inventory/power management system made this a very enjoyable experience. Was it DA:O? No, definitely not. But as it's own game it was a great deal of fun to play. I'd recommend this game any time. Expand
  31. Dec 9, 2012
    I've been a long time fan of Bioware games, I was frothing at the mouth while I played DA:O. I bought all the DLC, played it three or more times, I had a blast. I could barely trug along in DA2. The combat was fairly brainless and easy, which made much of the game dull and exhausting to play. The graphics were underwhelming, with a sly attempt to hide it under copious amounts of gore. The dialogue wheel was an unwelcome change. I thought Dragon Age was supposed to be the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate? Baldur's Gate didn't have a **** dialogue wheel. It's well and good to cater to the console crowd, but it's not like you need precision or masterful reflexes during dialogue. Since when were dialogue wheels a staple for console games? Is it really that difficult to use the D-pad to navigate detailed dialogue choices in a drop down format? Also, despite what all these 10 ratings like to spout, the story was boring, and the characters were immemorable. I can remember the likes of Allister, Morrigan, Leliana, Shale, Oghren. I can't, however, remember a single god damn character from DA2, besides "Hawke". I'm not entirely sure what Bioware was thinking, but I couldn't even finish this game. I got 12 hours into it. 8 of those hours I was being incredibly stubborn thinking "I'm going to finish this **** game even if it kills me, it's got to get better at some point." ...It didn't. In the end what really killed this game was how unintuitive the combat was. A game with barely any difficulty to it is doomed to fail in the eyes of any self-respecting player. This is likely a great entry-RPG for your kids, but I'd just as readily suggest Kingdom Hearts, instead. Collapse

1. Apr 18, 2011