4.5

1. Nov 30, 2017
    "Dragon Age:Downfall" this should be title of this game because this is huge step back. Gameplay is so much worse than in first game, story isn't that good too, and graphic.....you know this game was released in the same year as Witcher 2.....they **** up. This isn't bad game, but it's average as hell. If you never gonna play Dragon Age:Inquisition than don't play Dragon Age II.
  2. Nov 4, 2017
    Yes, it is worse than original Dragon Age, but it doesn't make it a bad game. It is still a good RPG but with less epic and more personal story. I imagine, that if Origins didn't exist and this was the first game in the series people wouldn't rate it 4 and less.
  3. Oct 25, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For RPG gamers, DA2 represents a milestone that will never be surpassed. This game managed to achieve all the below astonishing feats simultaneously:
    1. It destroyed the greatest RPG franchise after Baldur's Gate. Unlike any other RPG franchise, this is the first game series that went from perfect to trash in the collective mind of the RPG community. And it only took one sequel.
    2. It damaged the reputation of Bioware among the oldest and most consistent gaming community in the world. Sure, there are always accusations about many different things, including the EA acquisition, but all this is circumstantial. The day this game was released, Bioware died as an RPG developer and became a condole game developer.
    3. It exposed all big game reviewers (websites, journalists, magazines). A game that in the mind of the average RGP fan was pure trash was rated with an "excellent" score. You can fool many people, but if you try to fool everyone, you end up being exposed. Dear gamer, let this be remembered as the absolute evidence that you should not rely on game reviews when buying a game, but instead you should always rent and play it.
    4. It exposed the fake reviews in Metacritic: Who are all these people that "loved the first game, but the sequel is much much better!!!"? And why is it that they repeat, point by point, all the arguments that Bioware and EA brought forth when they tried to defend their choice to strip this game of all its RPG elements so that people who play Farmville and Street Fighter Turbo V X III ULTIMATE VERSION would buy it? Are we meant to believe that these "RPG fans" like button mashing? I am very surprised to find so many of them on Metacritic and other websites, when in real life I've been playing RPGs for 20 years and the hundreds of RPG fans I have met and talked to ACTUALLY HATE button mashing and appreciate a good storyline, character development and customisation and strategic gameplay? WHERE WERE ALL THESE RPG FANS ALL THESE YEARS? Where did they come out from? Could it be they are all fake reviewers? The answer is simple: YES.
    In conclusion:
    This game is an example in what not to do. It can only be compared to the toothpaste managers that took over the film industry as executive producers in previous decades and tried to replace the Scorceses and Coppolas with sitcom directors, and the De Niros and Pacinos with actors like Lorenzo Llamas and Dolph Lundgren.
    DA2 is not an RPG game. Whether people like it or not, RPG gamers want to play RPG games, the same way basketball fans want to play basketball games. There is no point in focusing in secondary issues like the graphics or the DLC when the game is not designed for the people that are meant to buy it. This is a total failure, and a DA3 must be at least as good as the Origins game, in order for people to reconsider buying another Bioware RPG title.
    TO BE AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE.
    BUY THE FIRST GAME, BUY ITS EXPANSIONS, BUY ANY DECENT RPG of previous years and decades, but DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This is an ACTION/FIGHTING GAME (and a really bad one as well), not an RPG.
    (NOTE ON FACTS: I finished DA:O and its expansion, Awakenings, and my rating for that game is 10 - probably around 150 hours or so. I played around 5 hours of this excuse of a game before I uninstalled it and wished someone would had told me what I am telling you in this review).
  4. Sep 5, 2017
    This game isn't complete garbage, but it really pales in comparison to origins. If you're a dragon age fan and need to follow the story though, go for it.
    +Personally I enjoyed the voiced protagonist, It adds a bit more immersion compared to a mute character, though it does end up limiting your responses to Nice/Joke/Bad.
    ~The fast pace (hack and slashy) way fighting goes was definitely
    ~The fast pace (hack and slashy) way fighting goes was definitely a huge change and though it was fun blasting everything with aoe spells, the slower and strategic fights in dao where more rewarding.
    -Ultimately what drove me mad was the repetitiveness of the maps! If you're a completionist for quests then get ready for the lack of variety as you walk into the same cave, building, dungeon over and over again.
    Overall, don't spend more than $10 on this game if you want your money's worth.
  5. Jul 30, 2017
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  6. Jul 25, 2017
    While Dragon Age II certainly makes compromises due to a rushed release, the characters and storyline are just interesting enough to warrant a playthrough.
  7. Jun 13, 2017
    This game isn't bad, it's a disaster. I had high hopes that Dragon Age II would be good since Origins was phenomenal. But i was vastly disappointed. So much was changed for the worse, for example many RPG elements was taken away, the story and dialogue was really weak, and i couldn't enjoy the combat either. The combat itself was okay but all you do is spam buttons, it was no fun. And alsoThis game isn't bad, it's a disaster. I had high hopes that Dragon Age II would be good since Origins was phenomenal. But i was vastly disappointed. So much was changed for the worse, for example many RPG elements was taken away, the story and dialogue was really weak, and i couldn't enjoy the combat either. The combat itself was okay but all you do is spam buttons, it was no fun. And also it was designed for console, which is sad... Expand
  8. Jun 7, 2017
    0/10 can't romance rage demon
  9. Apr 8, 2017
    Данный шлак делали исключительно из желания срубить бабла по легкому, иначе как объяснить что во всей игре (а это РПГ) буквально две локации и все квесты выполняешь на них, только враги меняются, ну и уже традиционное для скатывающийся в бездну Биовар - засилье голубизны, абсолютно детский сюжет, диалоги и персонажи, ах да еще упрощенная донельзя боевка - просто не тратьте на это время.Данный шлак делали исключительно из желания срубить бабла по легкому, иначе как объяснить что во всей игре (а это РПГ) буквально две локации и все квесты выполняешь на них, только враги меняются, ну и уже традиционное для скатывающийся в бездну Биовар - засилье голубизны, абсолютно детский сюжет, диалоги и персонажи, ах да еще упрощенная донельзя боевка - просто не тратьте на это время.
  10. Mar 29, 2017
    Déjà fini sur 360, je lui avais accordé la moyenne, sans doute en raison de la dissonance cognitive que cette suite ratée ne manquait pas de provoquer : comment une suite pouvait-elle être aussi médiocre après un Dragon Age Origins aussi exceptionnel ? division par zéro, plantage, redémarrage du cerveau en cours... veuillez patienter.

Je l'ai recommencé sur PC avec les DLC (qui sont

Je l'ai recommencé sur PC avec les DLC (qui sont bons, aussi étonnant que cela puisse paraître, car ils sont cohérents). J'ai pu apprécier les graphismes un poil plus beaux mais surtout les 60 im/s facilement accessibles (sur une 6870) si on limite le jeu au DX9 (le DX11 n'en vaut pas la peine). D'ailleurs, la patte graphique est bien agréable et c'est évidemment techniquement plus beau que Dragon Age Origins... et pourtant le "vieux" ne démérite toujours pas.

Effets sonores convaincants, de même pour la musique assurément inspirée tout comme le premier, pareil pour la très bonne VF : Dragon Age II ne peut pas être mauvais partout !

Mais venons-en au fait : à cette belle ville en vérité, dans laquelle on va passer les trois quarts du jeu (!) et le quart restant dans quelques grottes et une vague cambrousse copiées-collées (!). Ce foutage de gueule. Ensuite, l'interface parfaite de Dragon Age Origins a été mise à la trappe et simplifiée à outrance et la vitesse des combats a été tellement accélérée qu'on se croirait dans un "hack & slash" de merde. La vue tactique (aérienne) a été supprimée (mais pourquoi....!?) et les ennemis ne cessent de ré-apparaître par vagues entières (comme dans un jeu d'arcade de merde).

L'histoire est maladroite et tarabiscotée avec les Qunari en porte-à-faux (qui ne servent à rien à dire vrai), de nombreux choix qui n'en sont pas (Meredith mon dieu !) et un environnement familial du héros dont on a que faire. Heureusement il reste des personnages comme seul Bioware sait les faire (ah Merrill...) : on les aime ou on les déteste, pas de demi-mesure. Certains sont drôles, d'autres idiots, prétentieux ou emmerdants... ils ont de vraies personnalités !

Globalement, énormément de remplissage et trop de combats partout malgré quelques uns parfois épiques, trop de recyclage en somme : Dragon Age II est un gros DLC qui s'est fait passer pour un jeu complet... en l'occurrence médiocre.
  11. Mar 20, 2017
    Dragon age 2 is the first call that something goes wrong. They promised Newerwiter, but it is not so, not at this level.
    The game consists of boring locations, repetitive dungeons with a continuously reviving enemies.
    The plot is very primitive, and boring. The job is extremely weak compared to the first game. Although there are several good, but not enough to continue such a wonderful game!
    The characters is what made the game good. They are interesting, although not all, but favorite will be a lot.
    From Dragon age 2 I was expecting epic, and got a boring story about family.
    The combat system was much better, but it's an RPG, not a slasher.
  12. Mar 19, 2017
    Great, nontrivial story, unbelievable relations with party members and interesting dialogs. It's sad fighting system is a complete crap. I definitely encourage to play this game, however prepare all patience you have to endure long, numerous battles giving no satisfaction.
  13. Dec 20, 2016
    Si bien este juego tiene escenarios muy pequeños y los graficos de los mismos son muy repetitivos, este juego te da un acercamiento con los personajes que ninguno de los demás dragon age tiene. En lo que a elecciones respecta no es el mejor, pero tampoco el peor, ya que el peor es dragon age inquisition.
    Tiene algo malo que ninguno de los otros 2 dragon age tiene, y es que no puedes
    Tiene algo malo que ninguno de los otros 2 dragon age tiene, y es que no puedes equiparles diferentes armaduras a tus compañeros, solo puedes cambiarle las armas.

Sin embargo, no deja de ser un juego entretenido si ignoras el hecho de que los mapas son pequeños, pues en lo demás, es muy bueno.
  14. Dec 2, 2016
    Very disappointed, this game is nothing than DA:O used to be. Difficulty settings differ only with number of enemies you face at time. I can not find single good thing about this game. Did not finished, wast of time.
  15. Nov 9, 2016
    I dont understand why everyone hates this game. Sure origins is better but i have no regrets after playing this game and encourage everyone to try it.
  16. Oct 31, 2016
    To be honest, I really just... disliked this game. The companions were whinny and obnoxious (I'm staring at you Anders and Fenris). But overall, it's better than DAI. DAI was a a boring, *lawn* game. This game in comparison is just a mediocre mess.
  17. Oct 6, 2016
    And yet another game which the reviewers love and the players hate.

And yet another game which the reviewers love and the players hate.

I'd say I find myself in the middle - after my first walkthrough years ago. But each time I go back to Kirkwall I realize that these are the Dragon Age characters, story and art direction I liked the most. The intrigue unfolds nicely, the gameplay is - contratry to the popular opinion - quite strategic and satisfactory (provided you're playing on higher levels), the outcomes of you actions are really different each time you play, and the "small scale" (you're saving "only" one city, not the whole world for once... or are you?) is quite refreshing.

I can't give DA2 any higher score due to the infamous dungeon recycling and the limitation of the locales to one city and a few (painfully recycled) outskirts, but had this game been in development for a few months more to make the locations more varied, this would have been at least a 9.
  18. Sep 10, 2016
    The game is decent, in terms of plot - excellent. Unfortunately the developers decided to economize on the game that's why locations are so few, very repetitive and small, mops you fight with spawn unexpectedly. Shields, robes that you're offered are also monotonous. Let's focus on the fantastic, the best of all 3 games plot though. It's immersive and intriguing, you feel like buildingThe game is decent, in terms of plot - excellent. Unfortunately the developers decided to economize on the game that's why locations are so few, very repetitive and small, mops you fight with spawn unexpectedly. Shields, robes that you're offered are also monotonous. Let's focus on the fantastic, the best of all 3 games plot though. It's immersive and intriguing, you feel like building your protagonist future. I especially liked the way dialogs were constructed based on 3 different responses. I didn't expect such facilitation would work so well. To sum up, if Bioware were given more time, it would be much better, Expand
  19. Jul 14, 2016
    After Dragon Age Inquisition I realized that Dragon age 2 is very good game. Arcade combat system, a lot of simplification of gameplay, but it is still the era of the dragon, dark, cruel, merciless. In contrast to the anime about a hero with a magic hand.
  20. May 22, 2016
    I have played the entire game, and i have to say that this game is heavily underrated by the users.
    Ok the game starts very very very slow before the real story starts to begin what its really about.
    You wil see a lot of the same locations which is the downside of this game, but the ending story makes this entire game it well worth it... most of the negative users only play a part of the game but never really finish it.This game is no were worth a 0 to 4 ... which some user gave it...
  21. May 7, 2016
    This... thing has nothing in common with the masterpiece DA:Origins
    The combat system is oversimplified, and hated the linear gameplay where whatever you do the outcome is always the same. I had to struggle hard to finish my one and only run before Inquisition. Characters are well written but hastily developed. EA was too eager to grab the money, as always.
  22. Apr 20, 2016
    the game is very disappointing. The graphics seem dated, the music is ok, the game-play is simplified and poses no challenge at all for experienced rpg gamers. LOTS of the recycled content. it is the same layout for all caverns, almost all houses, and almost everything has the same type of texture applied.
  23. Jan 29, 2016
    The first Dragon Age is one of the best RPG game made since Baldur's gate series, Dragon Age II is a very good game...for the first 20 minutes. I give to this game 0 because it is an insult to his predecessor: recycled areas everywhere, enemies spawn everywhere without any logic, the interface sucks and there is only one good fight in all the game. This game really disappointed me.
  24. Dec 7, 2015
    For me this game is amazing. It is really dark fantasy this time, not like before a cute pinky colors all the time and bad guys with lovely personality . Companions seems to be more realistic and well written. Varricks sense of humor is smashing and for other companions you really care about. In previous DA i didn't particularly like anyone, they all seems to be the same. Combat turn to aFor me this game is amazing. It is really dark fantasy this time, not like before a cute pinky colors all the time and bad guys with lovely personality . Companions seems to be more realistic and well written. Varricks sense of humor is smashing and for other companions you really care about. In previous DA i didn't particularly like anyone, they all seems to be the same. Combat turn to a full time action game which is good thing. Dont get me wrong im not fun of brainless action from slasher kind of game and i really love classics i.ex. BG2 but DA:O wasn't classic in the first place i found the exploration and combat management very unresponsive and scripted so much, so it is better this way where you can handel enemies like in the Witcher games or any proper action rpg game. Bioware tried something different this time and it worked for some people, but not necessary for fanboys who don't even try to see the beauty of this game because it is not Origins 2. Story (in a story :)) is separated from the previous and this time is more local. You are not the chosen one from the very beginning but you help more local folks and your self to begin with, to find a better life in this place of conflict. Im fidingt his part of DA to be deep, exciting and exactly to my liking. It's kinda Mass Effect 2 in the DA world. I only agree with the fact there is not much room for exploration. game looks unfinished and like the real potential is hiding there. One of a few games with very unfair score as it is a brilliant game with extraordinary story and gameplay. Expand
  25. Dec 4, 2015
    This game is BETTER than DAI because its still a story driven RPG.Its not unplayable like DAI, its cheaper dumbed down version of Origins but still with same mechanics. Not like DAI which is completely different game genre (bad single player mod for mmo/action hybrid).
    Problem is, the story is really badly constructed and kind of pointless - you have 3 separate chapters that go nowhere and then the game ends on a cliffhanger.
    Main complaint when it come out was only 1 City and map recycling, but to me that wouldn't matter if other core elements (story&gameplay) where satisfying. They are not and its a boring game.
    I gave it a 6 because, if you really lower expectations and play it for the lolz it still has glimpses of Origins in it. And I hated this game when it came out, but I still finished it and even replay it once after a couple of years. With DAI, no way 4h in it and uninstall.
  26. Nov 30, 2015
    I started this game three times over the past 4 years, only to uninstall it well before the end of Act I. That's how bad DA2 actually is. I just couldn't bring myself to go past all the crap that Bioware put into this game to see the supposedly good narrative.
    Granted, the story itself is somewhat passable, maybe even more so than DA:O, but that is the only good thing about DA2.
    If you
    If you want to see insulting references about sexuality which are supposed to be elaborate love stories for adults, dialog wheels with "humorous" choices that are insulting to anyone whose IQ is above 70, Flemmeth after boobs surgery, enemies appearing out of thin air, shallow, bland characters who only act based on their most basic instincts (sex & killing) then by all means, give Dragon Age 2: The Awesome Uninstall Simulator a try.
  27. Nov 27, 2015
    A masterpiece. Unlike previous boring Bioware games like Mass Effect 1 and 2 and Dragon Age: Origins this game is actually fun and has fun gameplay. The characters are cool and it is just a great game. Also, it is better than the game Undertale.
  28. Nov 16, 2015
    So sad that we got this after DA:O. Feel like Kingdom of Amalur to me, but cheapest. No emotion out of it, no tactic in combat, story was boring and same maps again and again. As much I wanted to play again DAO with others characters and make other choice, I don't want ever to play this one again. Very disapointing. Sounds is ok, load fast and no crash however, I must give it that atSo sad that we got this after DA:O. Feel like Kingdom of Amalur to me, but cheapest. No emotion out of it, no tactic in combat, story was boring and same maps again and again. As much I wanted to play again DAO with others characters and make other choice, I don't want ever to play this one again. Very disapointing. Sounds is ok, load fast and no crash however, I must give it that at least. Get it on sale at 5$, no more. Expand
  29. Nov 6, 2015
    Gee Bioware, thanks for taking one of my favourite games ever Dragon Age 1 and making a dumbed down sequel which is so bad it sullies the first game just through association. Why make a great RPG turn based tactical game and make it into some silly Playstation type arcade game? It is very sad.
  30. Oct 25, 2015
    The limited environment/game world is a negative. Otherwise, after enhancing just about every enhance-able aspect, who can deny the appeal of strange Merrill, Isabela (who basically forced me to "romance" her), getting the mansion, the Qunari in the city all with the fast-paced, no frills combat - this game is a solid, undeniable 9.
  31. Jan 19, 2013
    As a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins this game was a big disappointment. You can tell this game was rushed like crazy with the ridiculous number of recycled dungeons, enemies, and graphic tilesets. This should have been a great game but instead fell victim to EA's ongoing overhype-and-overrush-quality-be-damned business strategy at making new games. The fact that most critics gave this gameAs a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins this game was a big disappointment. You can tell this game was rushed like crazy with the ridiculous number of recycled dungeons, enemies, and graphic tilesets. This should have been a great game but instead fell victim to EA's ongoing overhype-and-overrush-quality-be-damned business strategy at making new games. The fact that most critics gave this game a 90+ score just shows how lacking in integrity game journalists are. Collapse

1. PC PowerPlay