7.7

1. Aug 6, 2011
    Unimpressive and underwhelming - does not 'expand' on anything. BioWare should let the design department design the game, not a committee of producers, writers, and marketing executives. This franchise is well on its way to ignominy. The quests are unbelievably mundane - now a BioWare tradition it would seem. Converations overly verbose. Unnecessarily long and pointless cutscenes. The newUnimpressive and underwhelming - does not 'expand' on anything. BioWare should let the design department design the game, not a committee of producers, writers, and marketing executives. This franchise is well on its way to ignominy. The quests are unbelievably mundane - now a BioWare tradition it would seem. Converations overly verbose. Unnecessarily long and pointless cutscenes. The new items are game-breakingly overpowered. Collapse
  2. Sep 8, 2011
    I LOVED origins. Loved it. I loved it so much as soon as I finished it I made a new character and played it again as something different. Then I got to Awakenings....wow, really? It took me three tries to get into it because of the BUGS ( OH MY GOD, SO MANY) and the HUGE story hole right in the beginning. I won't spoil too much, but....suddenly the secret Warden ceremony, remember that?I LOVED origins. Loved it. I loved it so much as soon as I finished it I made a new character and played it again as something different. Then I got to Awakenings....wow, really? It took me three tries to get into it because of the BUGS ( OH MY GOD, SO MANY) and the HUGE story hole right in the beginning. I won't spoil too much, but....suddenly the secret Warden ceremony, remember that? Well it's not so secret anymore and what a joke. I lost all faith in the story from that point and it does get worse. On my third attempt to get through this xpac during the quest in the forest there is a bug where you can lose all of your gear. It is deleted. I'm serious. In fact, now I'm angry about that again and gonna lower this score to 0, it was 3 because the graphics and new spells are good. But, the bugs, oh god the bugs. Expand
  3. Oct 22, 2010
    This game ruined my whole experience from the first game. A real downer. First of all it seems that the developers of the first game and the expansion had no communication at all.
    It seemed more of a hack'n slash game like Diablo, but what differed was that Diablo is actually a very good game. The feel good story telling from the first game is completly lost, and there is no dept in the game.
    If you choose to use your character from the first game you are in for even more disapointment. No one even know's your character although he is supposedly a hero, a legend and the savior of the people.
    And your friends from the first game now seems lifeless and without a soul.
    One could argue that this is a brand new story, but that would be the same as a brand new story for Diablo with no one knowing who Decard Cain is. And this is supposed to be a follow up from the first one, so the could be no excuse.
    This game slaughtered any upcoming games in the series, and i will not recomend it to anyone.
    To say it short; Bioware made a BooBoo, BIGTIME!
  4. Dec 25, 2011
    I'll just keep hating on this series up until Dragon Age V: More Random Crap. After that, I'll give up. I can't recommend this series simply because of the terrible graphics gameplay, angles, and unnesisary gore. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
  5. Apr 17, 2016
    While mechanically decent (but far from groundbreaking or innovative), the characters were so unbearably flat in interactions for the most part that I couldn't bear to play long enough to learn any more about them.

I can accept that with a darker, "edgier" game compared to past Bioware titles to date, they would seek to have more cynical, "adult" characters, but they were so miserably sarcastic and annoying that any time they spoke, I wished desperately that you could just murder your companions. I've loved Bioware's games since I was a child, but never will I ever choose to pick up another Dragon Age game because of how terrible the companions were. It's rare when bad characterization can force my hand into giving a poor rating on its own, but that's just how bad it was.

Deekin Scalesinger is bae.
  6. Aug 6, 2011

1. If Dragon Age didn't float your boat, neither will Awakening. Dragon Age enthusiasts, however, should consider it an essential purchase. It offers more of the same - no bad thing - in a great value package.
    The characters and talents are almost enough to overlook the fact that the skills, which are where abilities like crafting and coercion reside, seem a bit uninspired.
  3. Awakening is the biggest DLC Dragon Age Origins has ever seen. New lands, new weapons and new evils are the reasons to buy it for who loved the game, but same old graphics, the price and the classic gameplay won't make it more appealing for everyone else.