Dragonshard PC

7.4

1. Aug 5, 2011
    I first tried this game as the umbragen; the classes were hard to understand and while I'm trying to understand the different unit roles and beginning to collect resources I get swarm-killed(med ai). I then decide to try out easy with the same faction; I build up an army of two healers, three tanks, one gatherer, two ranger units, and the vampire queen hero. I get swarmed again by a giantI first tried this game as the umbragen; the classes were hard to understand and while I'm trying to understand the different unit roles and beginning to collect resources I get swarm-killed(med ai). I then decide to try out easy with the same faction; I build up an army of two healers, three tanks, one gatherer, two ranger units, and the vampire queen hero. I get swarmed again by a giant splot of blue on the map and half of my units are dead before I can select any of the units I need. I had level 3 walls and I got @ss-raped. I deleted this sorry excuse for a game off my harddrive two seconds later.

boooo......
  2. JerryB.
    Oct 6, 2005
    Blizzard Entertainment does RTS too well for DnD to come up with something now. I did enjoy a DnD game with Nintendo console( the first console,yea I'm old!) But now it's too late for me to get too excited. Following a stray peon in WC3 to his death is so funny.
  3. John
    Oct 5, 2005
    There is nothing special about this RTS. In fact, I can't say that it does anything better than Warcraft 3 does, or several other RTS that you can name. In fact, the only reason this game is getting much press is that it has the letters D&D associated with it. Take that away, and nobody would care.
  4. CharlesR.
    Jun 4, 2006
    This game is really let me down. I too am a huge D&D fan and player for many,many years. So who ever gives this game a good rating is in my opinion very easily impressed or hasn't actually played the real D&D. Building temples,gathering resources,upgrading, its just like every other game out there. Not worthy of the name D&D. For god sakes, I took on a beholder and won, and my This game is really let me down. I too am a huge D&D fan and player for many,many years. So who ever gives this game a good rating is in my opinion very easily impressed or hasn't actually played the real D&D. Building temples,gathering resources,upgrading, its just like every other game out there. Not worthy of the name D&D. For god sakes, I took on a beholder and won, and my character is still very low. Give me a break. Any real D&D player knows that a low character would not have a chance against a beholder. Expand
  5. JohnS.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Very disappointing. I know somebody, somewhere, thinks that creating legitimate, 3-D rendered characters with variable camera angles is really cool, but the result is slower performance, smaller maps, clunkier looking characters and absolutely no improvement in game play. It's amazing to me that Age of Mythology, if not the original Age of Kings, is SO much better than this. Some Very disappointing. I know somebody, somewhere, thinks that creating legitimate, 3-D rendered characters with variable camera angles is really cool, but the result is slower performance, smaller maps, clunkier looking characters and absolutely no improvement in game play. It's amazing to me that Age of Mythology, if not the original Age of Kings, is SO much better than this. Some people will disagree, but if you thought that NWN was a big dissapointment after Baldur's Gate, this is more of the same. Here's a tip for game developers... if you're going to offer zooming camera angles, make the little people look cool... and when they swing their swords, don't have it look exactly the same every time... add some variety. And a tip for Atari... quit dumbing down Dungeons and Dragons. It only works as a genre when it's kinda geeky smart. Otherwise it's as pathetic as that D&D movie they made. Overall, this offers a few interesting tweaks on the RTS formula, but fails to do anything to make it worthwhile. Expand
  6. BobBayliss
    Aug 26, 2005
    Unlike Liliy who hasn't played it but has given it a 10.. I have played it, sorry to disappoint Lily but its not very good. The game attempts to be both strategy and a DnD hack with dissapointing results, it fails at both. I'd forgive the average graphics if the gameplay had depth but it doesn't. The origianl C&C does the strategy side better and Diablo1 does the hack side Unlike Liliy who hasn't played it but has given it a 10.. I have played it, sorry to disappoint Lily but its not very good. The game attempts to be both strategy and a DnD hack with dissapointing results, it fails at both. I'd forgive the average graphics if the gameplay had depth but it doesn't. The origianl C&C does the strategy side better and Diablo1 does the hack side better. Melding two tired genres together doesn't make for anything new. Expand
  7. TedE.
    Sep 22, 2005
    This is a pretty poor game.. RTS elements are uninspired, worse, they threw in some loose diablo like chest breaking for gold that adds NOTHING to the game. Further, the micromanagement in this game is out of control, we need LESS of this in games, not more. Save your money, this is junk.
  8. Nov 24, 2010
    Not of my liking I made the mistake of buying the game please do not made the same one. Nothing more to say besides DO NOT BUY IT by any chance, predictable like a poor clone of Warcraft

1. It's good-looking and fast-paced, and it will have you crushing armies in one moment and plundering tombs the next. That's a heck of a combination.
    It's an ingenious mix of resource management, micromanagement, action, RPG elements, tactics, strategy, innovation, and good old-fashioned D&D atmosphere.
    Sending heroes down below to negotiate traps, battle huge monsters or collect loot is as important and exciting as building vast armies, securing shards and taking the fight to the enemy’s base. And it’s just as fun too.