Dragonshard PC

7.4

1. FrankRizzo
    Oct 12, 2005
    Wow - this game is cool. Not sure how people are comparing it to WC3 - it has a very different feel from normal RTS. No buliding tech tree! No peons! Cool monsters! Building monuments affect your troops! Treasures and magical items you can pick up! Real quests! Great environment! All around very fun.
  2. EdwardM.
    Sep 22, 2005
    I just picked up this game today and I had a great time with it. It deserves recognition for mixing the Real time strategy game style with some really neat RPG stuff. I really love both types of games, and this is the first time that I can get both fixes in one game. This game is a really grat time with lots of replay.
  3. TedM.
    Sep 20, 2005
    Unlike Bob Bayliss, who just has an axe to grind, and searches out every possible way to pan this game, ( ebgames.com, you'll find a verbatim review there ), I played this game and thought it was a lot of fun. Great units, the SP Demo played really well, and the MP Demo was pretty different from almost all other RTS's. It's a very skirmish based game, almost like DoW, but Unlike Bob Bayliss, who just has an axe to grind, and searches out every possible way to pan this game, ( ebgames.com, you'll find a verbatim review there ), I played this game and thought it was a lot of fun. Great units, the SP Demo played really well, and the MP Demo was pretty different from almost all other RTS's. It's a very skirmish based game, almost like DoW, but your resources are always on the move. Expand
    Sep 30, 2005
    It's a good RTS. There could've been more variation in units, but the RPG elements are nicely interwoven. The animation is clunky at times, but the gameplay is very solid. The resource gathering is well done, and the nexus forces you to make very interesting choices.
  5. KendallG.
    Oct 8, 2005
    I really enjoyed this game. It's a really refreshing take on strategy games. Nice to play something different for a change.
  6. AndrewC.
    Sep 17, 2005
    Personally, I have had a complete blast with Dragonshard. I played the MP beta and downloaded the SP demo, and both were a lot of fun. The single player feels much more RPGish, but it plays kind of like an actiony adventure game (kinda like Baldur's Gate lite without the pausing). Multiplayer is frankly a whole new experience. Managing both layers is pretty intuitive, and the ability Personally, I have had a complete blast with Dragonshard. I played the MP beta and downloaded the SP demo, and both were a lot of fun. The single player feels much more RPGish, but it plays kind of like an actiony adventure game (kinda like Baldur's Gate lite without the pausing). Multiplayer is frankly a whole new experience. Managing both layers is pretty intuitive, and the ability to build any unit right off the bat means that even short games stay fun and interesting. Now going back and playing games like DoW feel dry in comparison :-P I preordered Dragonshard already at EB. If you like RPGs and RTSs, or are just looking for a cool new twist to either genre, I reccomend picking it up! Expand
  7. JoeM.
    Sep 29, 2005
    Just beat the Lizard campaign! Off to MP I go! Excellent game!
  8. TimN.
    Oct 29, 2005
    One of the best RTS games I've played in a long time. In fact I may just say that it is the best...
  9. FletchE.
    Sep 26, 2005
    Just offsetting Jason's idiotic comment.
  10. BhavinR.
    Sep 27, 2005
    Having played now many RTS. I am finding that they are all very similar. Not so with Dragonshard. This is a very good job at making something new and fun to play. Other RTS do not do so good a job. I am playing everynight. I don't understand why anyone would give a low score to this great game.
  11. LilyW.
    Aug 12, 2004
    Woo Hoo an RTS in Eberron. I can't wait!
  12. NickB.
    Dec 26, 2005
    Not a real RTS fan here (but a big D&D fan), although I have enjoyed Warcraft 3 and Spellforce in the past. Dragonshard manages an interesting mix on the formaula, and gets away from some presumptions of the RTS genre that I am happy to see were not taken for granted here. It is definitely RTS lite. The rpg elements add a depth to the game to replace the liter strategy elements. As a fan Not a real RTS fan here (but a big D&D fan), although I have enjoyed Warcraft 3 and Spellforce in the past. Dragonshard manages an interesting mix on the formaula, and gets away from some presumptions of the RTS genre that I am happy to see were not taken for granted here. It is definitely RTS lite. The rpg elements add a depth to the game to replace the liter strategy elements. As a fan of D&D I was not disappointed. In fact, fans of the Miniatures Game for D&D might get an odd sense of deja-vu in the way stats are presented....this game strikes me very much as what it would be like to do D&D Minis in real-time. My big complaint is the graphics, which are nice, but could have used more character movement variations. On the plus side the game ran just fine on my geforce FX 5600 processor. And, as the first Eberron game for PCs, I enjoyed the introduction to this world on the digital screen; it helped to visualize the paper and pencil world better, which I had been finding hard to get in to. Expand
  13. ChrisF.
    Sep 21, 2005
    Funnest RTS game I've played in a long time. Don't let the disgruntled D&D fanboys (The ones who will be giving it low votes because it doesn't have twenty sided dice and other trivial nonsense) keep you from checking it out.
  14. SammyB.
    Sep 25, 2005
    I thought the game was really fun. It was nice to see somethihng new in an RTS for a change. I've really enjoyed the underworld RPG experience. The Art is SUPERB.
  15. Oct 20, 2015
    More people shoudl play this game. And I wish there was continuation. I think it's much, much more interesing than Warcraft III. Really love this tile. Pure Eberron Dungeons & Dragons with this great, fantasy RTS!

1. It's good-looking and fast-paced, and it will have you crushing armies in one moment and plundering tombs the next. That's a heck of a combination.
    It's an ingenious mix of resource management, micromanagement, action, RPG elements, tactics, strategy, innovation, and good old-fashioned D&D atmosphere.
    Sending heroes down below to negotiate traps, battle huge monsters or collect loot is as important and exciting as building vast armies, securing shards and taking the fight to the enemy’s base. And it’s just as fun too.