Dragonshard PC

7.4

1. JerryB.
    Oct 6, 2005
    Blizzard Entertainment does RTS too well for DnD to come up with something now. I did enjoy a DnD game with Nintendo console( the first console,yea I'm old!) But now it's too late for me to get too excited. Following a stray peon in WC3 to his death is so funny.
  2. EdwardM.
    Sep 22, 2005
    I just picked up this game today and I had a great time with it. It deserves recognition for mixing the Real time strategy game style with some really neat RPG stuff. I really love both types of games, and this is the first time that I can get both fixes in one game. This game is a really grat time with lots of replay.
  3. TedM.
    Sep 20, 2005
    Unlike Bob Bayliss, who just has an axe to grind, and searches out every possible way to pan this game, ( ebgames.com, you'll find a verbatim review there ), I played this game and thought it was a lot of fun. Great units, the SP Demo played really well, and the MP Demo was pretty different from almost all other RTS's. It's a very skirmish based game, almost like DoW, but Unlike Bob Bayliss, who just has an axe to grind, and searches out every possible way to pan this game, ( ebgames.com, you'll find a verbatim review there ), I played this game and thought it was a lot of fun. Great units, the SP Demo played really well, and the MP Demo was pretty different from almost all other RTS's. It's a very skirmish based game, almost like DoW, but your resources are always on the move. Expand
    Sep 30, 2005
    It's a good RTS. There could've been more variation in units, but the RPG elements are nicely interwoven. The animation is clunky at times, but the gameplay is very solid. The resource gathering is well done, and the nexus forces you to make very interesting choices.
  5. LavvaLava
    Oct 17, 2005
    So far, okay. I'm not that far though the campaign, but I can say the setup experience was painful. I have a fast dual Opteron machine with a decent cable modem connection, but installation took upwards to an hour including the manditory patch. And who came up with putting the CD inside the manual instead of outside of it or on the CD case?
  6. John
    Oct 5, 2005
    There is nothing special about this RTS. In fact, I can't say that it does anything better than Warcraft 3 does, or several other RTS that you can name. In fact, the only reason this game is getting much press is that it has the letters D&D associated with it. Take that away, and nobody would care.
  7. YoavB.
    Oct 5, 2005
    very goood graphics and sounds but its just boring the game is good at first but when u get in the middle it starts getting repetetive and boring. the voice acting is not so well and I dont get the point of the multiplayer I went in and no1 was there !!!! its just not a very fun game...
  8. KendallG.
    Oct 8, 2005
    I really enjoyed this game. It's a really refreshing take on strategy games. Nice to play something different for a change.
  9. AndrewC.
    Sep 17, 2005
    Personally, I have had a complete blast with Dragonshard. I played the MP beta and downloaded the SP demo, and both were a lot of fun. The single player feels much more RPGish, but it plays kind of like an actiony adventure game (kinda like Baldur's Gate lite without the pausing). Multiplayer is frankly a whole new experience. Managing both layers is pretty intuitive, and the ability Personally, I have had a complete blast with Dragonshard. I played the MP beta and downloaded the SP demo, and both were a lot of fun. The single player feels much more RPGish, but it plays kind of like an actiony adventure game (kinda like Baldur's Gate lite without the pausing). Multiplayer is frankly a whole new experience. Managing both layers is pretty intuitive, and the ability to build any unit right off the bat means that even short games stay fun and interesting. Now going back and playing games like DoW feel dry in comparison :-P I preordered Dragonshard already at EB. If you like RPGs and RTSs, or are just looking for a cool new twist to either genre, I reccomend picking it up! Expand
  10. JoeM.
    Sep 29, 2005
    Just beat the Lizard campaign! Off to MP I go! Excellent game!
  11. CharlesR.
    Jun 4, 2006
    This game is really let me down. I too am a huge D&D fan and player for many,many years. So who ever gives this game a good rating is in my opinion very easily impressed or hasn't actually played the real D&D. Building temples,gathering resources,upgrading, its just like every other game out there. Not worthy of the name D&D. For god sakes, I took on a beholder and won, and my This game is really let me down. I too am a huge D&D fan and player for many,many years. So who ever gives this game a good rating is in my opinion very easily impressed or hasn't actually played the real D&D. Building temples,gathering resources,upgrading, its just like every other game out there. Not worthy of the name D&D. For god sakes, I took on a beholder and won, and my character is still very low. Give me a break. Any real D&D player knows that a low character would not have a chance against a beholder. Expand
  12. JohnS.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Very disappointing. I know somebody, somewhere, thinks that creating legitimate, 3-D rendered characters with variable camera angles is really cool, but the result is slower performance, smaller maps, clunkier looking characters and absolutely no improvement in game play. It's amazing to me that Age of Mythology, if not the original Age of Kings, is SO much better than this. Some Very disappointing. I know somebody, somewhere, thinks that creating legitimate, 3-D rendered characters with variable camera angles is really cool, but the result is slower performance, smaller maps, clunkier looking characters and absolutely no improvement in game play. It's amazing to me that Age of Mythology, if not the original Age of Kings, is SO much better than this. Some people will disagree, but if you thought that NWN was a big dissapointment after Baldur's Gate, this is more of the same. Here's a tip for game developers... if you're going to offer zooming camera angles, make the little people look cool... and when they swing their swords, don't have it look exactly the same every time... add some variety. And a tip for Atari... quit dumbing down Dungeons and Dragons. It only works as a genre when it's kinda geeky smart. Otherwise it's as pathetic as that D&D movie they made. Overall, this offers a few interesting tweaks on the RTS formula, but fails to do anything to make it worthwhile. Expand
  13. FrankRizzo
    Oct 12, 2005
    Wow - this game is cool. Not sure how people are comparing it to WC3 - it has a very different feel from normal RTS. No buliding tech tree! No peons! Cool monsters! Building monuments affect your troops! Treasures and magical items you can pick up! Real quests! Great environment! All around very fun.
  14. TimN.
    Oct 29, 2005
    One of the best RTS games I've played in a long time. In fact I may just say that it is the best...
  15. MattDC
    Oct 5, 2005
    Not the genre-busting breakthrough we were promised. But good solid fun nonetheless. It's clearly a labour of love, with everything from the install screens to the waving grass lovingly realised. Just wish they hadn't felt the need to include a wise-cracking Indiana Jones style champion - his weak wise-cracks really diminish the atmosphere. Worth trying, though.
  16. BobBayliss
    Aug 26, 2005
    Unlike Liliy who hasn't played it but has given it a 10.. I have played it, sorry to disappoint Lily but its not very good. The game attempts to be both strategy and a DnD hack with dissapointing results, it fails at both. I'd forgive the average graphics if the gameplay had depth but it doesn't. The origianl C&C does the strategy side better and Diablo1 does the hack side Unlike Liliy who hasn't played it but has given it a 10.. I have played it, sorry to disappoint Lily but its not very good. The game attempts to be both strategy and a DnD hack with dissapointing results, it fails at both. I'd forgive the average graphics if the gameplay had depth but it doesn't. The origianl C&C does the strategy side better and Diablo1 does the hack side better. Melding two tired genres together doesn't make for anything new. Expand
  17. TedE.
    Sep 22, 2005
    This is a pretty poor game.. RTS elements are uninspired, worse, they threw in some loose diablo like chest breaking for gold that adds NOTHING to the game. Further, the micromanagement in this game is out of control, we need LESS of this in games, not more. Save your money, this is junk.
  18. FletchE.
    Sep 26, 2005
    Just offsetting Jason's idiotic comment.
  19. BhavinR.
    Sep 27, 2005
    Having played now many RTS. I am finding that they are all very similar. Not so with Dragonshard. This is a very good job at making something new and fun to play. Other RTS do not do so good a job. I am playing everynight. I don't understand why anyone would give a low score to this great game.
  20. LilyW.
    Aug 12, 2004
    Woo Hoo an RTS in Eberron. I can't wait!
  21. NickB.
    Dec 26, 2005
    Not a real RTS fan here (but a big D&D fan), although I have enjoyed Warcraft 3 and Spellforce in the past. Dragonshard manages an interesting mix on the formaula, and gets away from some presumptions of the RTS genre that I am happy to see were not taken for granted here. It is definitely RTS lite. The rpg elements add a depth to the game to replace the liter strategy elements. As a fan Not a real RTS fan here (but a big D&D fan), although I have enjoyed Warcraft 3 and Spellforce in the past. Dragonshard manages an interesting mix on the formaula, and gets away from some presumptions of the RTS genre that I am happy to see were not taken for granted here. It is definitely RTS lite. The rpg elements add a depth to the game to replace the liter strategy elements. As a fan of D&D I was not disappointed. In fact, fans of the Miniatures Game for D&D might get an odd sense of deja-vu in the way stats are presented....this game strikes me very much as what it would be like to do D&D Minis in real-time. My big complaint is the graphics, which are nice, but could have used more character movement variations. On the plus side the game ran just fine on my geforce FX 5600 processor. And, as the first Eberron game for PCs, I enjoyed the introduction to this world on the digital screen; it helped to visualize the paper and pencil world better, which I had been finding hard to get in to. Expand
  22. ChrisF.
    Sep 21, 2005
    Funnest RTS game I've played in a long time. Don't let the disgruntled D&D fanboys (The ones who will be giving it low votes because it doesn't have twenty sided dice and other trivial nonsense) keep you from checking it out.
  23. SammyB.
    Sep 25, 2005
    I thought the game was really fun. It was nice to see somethihng new in an RTS for a change. I've really enjoyed the underworld RPG experience. The Art is SUPERB.
  24. Nov 24, 2010
    Not of my liking I made the mistake of buying the game please do not made the same one. Nothing more to say besides DO NOT BUY IT by any chance, predictable like a poor clone of Warcraft
  25. Aug 5, 2011
    I first tried this game as the umbragen; the classes were hard to understand and while I'm trying to understand the different unit roles and beginning to collect resources I get swarm-killed(med ai). I then decide to try out easy with the same faction; I build up an army of two healers, three tanks, one gatherer, two ranger units, and the vampire queen hero. I get swarmed again by a giantI first tried this game as the umbragen; the classes were hard to understand and while I'm trying to understand the different unit roles and beginning to collect resources I get swarm-killed(med ai). I then decide to try out easy with the same faction; I build up an army of two healers, three tanks, one gatherer, two ranger units, and the vampire queen hero. I get swarmed again by a giant splot of blue on the map and half of my units are dead before I can select any of the units I need. I had level 3 walls and I got @ss-raped. I deleted this sorry excuse for a game off my harddrive two seconds later.

boooo......
  26. Oct 20, 2015
    More people shoudl play this game. And I wish there was continuation. I think it's much, much more interesing than Warcraft III. Really love this tile. Pure Eberron Dungeons & Dragons with this great, fantasy RTS!
  27. Mar 16, 2016
    Decent game in isometric view, it lacks of proper story telling, i'd go even further and say the story disturbs but the rest, gameplay, characters are on tolerable level.

1. It's good-looking and fast-paced, and it will have you crushing armies in one moment and plundering tombs the next. That's a heck of a combination.
    It's an ingenious mix of resource management, micromanagement, action, RPG elements, tactics, strategy, innovation, and good old-fashioned D&D atmosphere.
    Sending heroes down below to negotiate traps, battle huge monsters or collect loot is as important and exciting as building vast armies, securing shards and taking the fight to the enemy’s base. And it’s just as fun too.