DRIV3R PC

3.2

1. Jan 3, 2014
    Awful and buggy graphics awful and weird physics
    Despite it's got an interesting story and continues the first two games' story it still can't be playable
  2. AndreiC.
    May 6, 2005
    I don't get why everyone is upset on this game. i played all the games in the series and i love this one the most. It's true that the control isn't amazing, but i love the stories and the cinematics are awsome... it reminds me a bit of max payne's noir touch. I lke this game and i give it an 8.
  3. MikeO.
    Mar 21, 2005
    Although crappy graphics, choppy gameplay and bugs abound, it si still fun as the car handle great with spectacular crashes not worth $50 tho, maybe $30.
  4. Jun 19, 2016
    This is not GTA nor it should be. I hate open world and side missions. This game has none of that. This is a true loveletter to the first 2 games with the same beautiful physics and slightly better graphics. I can see how it looked dated in 2004, but today it's absolutely amazing. Sublimation of everything I love in gaming. 9/10. Next game in the series parallel lines lost all of theThis is not GTA nor it should be. I hate open world and side missions. This game has none of that. This is a true loveletter to the first 2 games with the same beautiful physics and slightly better graphics. I can see how it looked dated in 2004, but today it's absolutely amazing. Sublimation of everything I love in gaming. 9/10. Next game in the series parallel lines lost all of the charm. Beaten this game in 2 days, no idea how I didn't give it a chance for all these years, probably partially because of this abysmal score on metacritic
    Only downside is those lamp poles could be less solid :)
  5. RicardasS
    Oct 5, 2009
    This isin't the best game, but it has something inside that keeps you playing this game until it's over. Game world are beautifull and venchicles are very great. The best two things are Cinematics and Soundtrack. I bought this game music CD and it was awesome. Play and simply enjoy it. This game isn't perfect but has a spirit.
  6. DonnieY.
    Mar 23, 2005
    A shame.
  7. LiamR.
    Mar 29, 2005
    Its a shame to see the driver series fall like this, considering that GTA copied the 3D format and made it so much more fun, you would think that they would have made a best seller and made imoprovments over the GTA series but nope the had to bugger it up. my advice is stick to the GTA series and never think about touching this game even if you see it in a bargain bin for 99p. 1/10 is Its a shame to see the driver series fall like this, considering that GTA copied the 3D format and made it so much more fun, you would think that they would have made a best seller and made imoprovments over the GTA series but nope the had to bugger it up. my advice is stick to the GTA series and never think about touching this game even if you see it in a bargain bin for 99p. 1/10 is being generous. Expand
  8. SpeedyJ.
    Mar 31, 2005
    Could've been a big hit in 1994. I think todays rendering applications are faster (and more fun) than this game.
    May 1, 2005
    Unbelievably even worse than the console versions. Pathetic.
  10. Gamer4life
    Nov 3, 2005
    Wow, this game's recipe is: Take a load of crap, mix in a load of crap, and finally sprinkle it with..you guessed it, crap.
  11. MarkW.
    Mar 21, 2005
    Very poor GTA wannabe. Waste of time and money.
  12. EvilC
    Mar 22, 2005
    This game deserves to be universally panned. I LOVED driver 1 on the PC and similar titles such as GTA3:VC but this is a joke. It is the worst possible example of a conversion. The graphics are awful and look nothing like the screenshots on the site. It runs dog slow. It needs a vertex shader (ie GF4MX NOT COMPATIBLE) but looks like a software rendered game. The worst criticism, however, This game deserves to be universally panned. I LOVED driver 1 on the PC and similar titles such as GTA3:VC but this is a joke. It is the worst possible example of a conversion. The graphics are awful and look nothing like the screenshots on the site. It runs dog slow. It needs a vertex shader (ie GF4MX NOT COMPATIBLE) but looks like a software rendered game. The worst criticism, however, is reserved for the controls. There is a 30-40% deadzone on joysticks / wheels which is not changeable. This game is utterly unplayable with analogue joysticks / steering wheels and DOES NOT SUPPORT digital pads. meaning car control is keyboard only. The on-foot controls do allow mouse but the mouse sensitivity setting seems to be ineffectual. Even on "0" sensitivity mouselook is too sensitive. Whilst mouselook is activated by default, LMB is not bound by default and must be manually set (eg to fire weapon). There is NO force feedback, but the setup has a setting for "rumble" which DOES NOT EXIST on PCs. These things are possibly fixable with a patch but seeing as the PS2 version came out in June 2004, I cannot see how they wasted an extra 9 months and STILL got the QA process so horribly wrong. Expand
  13. MinäV.
    Apr 3, 2005
    The game just simply sucks.. The Graphicengine is taken from driver 1 (stright) and it really sucks and i DONT recommend it do anybody!
  14. Johnny.D.
    Apr 18, 2005
    I gave this game a 3 because i got it for free and still feel like being ripped off. Well, now i've just wasted some hours i would've wasted on something else anyway. Peace to all, and for the responsible of Driver3, rest in pieces.
  15. Aug 17, 2012
    I was so hyped about this game after the success of Driver 1 and 2. But what a letdown. It did not felt like a driver game anymore. They made this look like another GTA clone, but worse in every possible way. Only cutscenes were amazing though.
  16. Jul 27, 2012
    It is only a joke I think! The graphics are extremely bad. The controlling is much worse. The main menu is a big crap. The whole game is very boring. It's a big bull crap, don't buy it.
  17. Mar 27, 2016
    Driver 3 en sí es un buen juego, pero que no logra demostrarlo. La historia es buena y convincente, pero su jugabilidad es mala. Primero antes que nada, hay que mencionar que los controles del juego son muy malos, difícil para acostumbrarse a jugarlo, aunque lo puedes configurar a tu gusto. Pero eso no cambia la situación, ya que los movimientos de la conducción de los vehículos sonDriver 3 en sí es un buen juego, pero que no logra demostrarlo. La historia es buena y convincente, pero su jugabilidad es mala. Primero antes que nada, hay que mencionar que los controles del juego son muy malos, difícil para acostumbrarse a jugarlo, aunque lo puedes configurar a tu gusto. Pero eso no cambia la situación, ya que los movimientos de la conducción de los vehículos son resbalosos o hasta duros. Otro tema también es sobre el tema de apuntado y disparo del personaje, realmente en si es algo decente, pero a la hora de poner si queremos la puntería automática, resulta que es realmente este sistema no funciona como debería ser. Un buen punto del juego es el apartado sonoro. En si no tiene canciones al estilo como es en la saga de GTA que tiene distintos sountracks de distintas bandas, pero la música de fondo que se utilizó para ambientar al juego está bastante buena, un buen punto rescatable. Realmente otro punto malo de este juego son sus gráfico. El año que salió el juego fue durante el 2005 y algunos juegos como Half-Life 2 o Doom 3 mostraron un motor gráfico más avanzado, mientras que juegos como Driver 3 se quedaron muy atrás. A simple vista parece un juego de PS1 un poco más mejorado. El juego también está lleno de bugs y otros errores de texturas que realmente se podrían haber arreglado. A todo esto, igual no se le puede negar que el juego es entretenido y disfrutable, siempre y cuando la jugabilidad no te juegue en contra, pero es por lejos el peor de la saga. Expand

Almost all of the much-touted style evaporates as soon as the introductory movie is over and we're met with stiff animation, blurry textures, popping geometry, a dated engine, underwhelming vehicle sound, a stale world, kryptonite light poles, bouncing parked cars, forgettable on-foot action and only passable vehicular dynamics.
  2. This game's no fun to play at all. And it's frustrating, too, in a bad way. It's as simple as that.
  3. The driving physics are pulled from "Carmageddon 2," the on-foot control is pulled from "Ultima Underworld," the driving was pulled from the Sega Genesis version of "OutRun." There is a reason why all the games I’ve listed are five, ten, fifteen years old. . .because Driv3r plays like a game from a past generation.