3.0

Mar 23, 2005
    A shame.
  2. LiamR.
    Mar 29, 2005
    Its a shame to see the driver series fall like this, considering that GTA copied the 3D format and made it so much more fun, you would think that they would have made a best seller and made imoprovments over the GTA series but nope the had to bugger it up. my advice is stick to the GTA series and never think about touching this game even if you see it in a bargain bin for 99p. 1/10 is Its a shame to see the driver series fall like this, considering that GTA copied the 3D format and made it so much more fun, you would think that they would have made a best seller and made imoprovments over the GTA series but nope the had to bugger it up. my advice is stick to the GTA series and never think about touching this game even if you see it in a bargain bin for 99p. 1/10 is being generous. Expand
  3. SpeedyJ.
    Mar 31, 2005
    Could've been a big hit in 1994. I think todays rendering applications are faster (and more fun) than this game.
    May 1, 2005
    Unbelievably even worse than the console versions. Pathetic.
  5. Gamer4life
    Nov 3, 2005
    Wow, this game's recipe is: Take a load of crap, mix in a load of crap, and finally sprinkle it with..you guessed it, crap.
  6. MarkW.
    Mar 21, 2005
    Very poor GTA wannabe. Waste of time and money.
  7. EvilC
    Mar 22, 2005
    This game deserves to be universally panned. I LOVED driver 1 on the PC and similar titles such as GTA3:VC but this is a joke. It is the worst possible example of a conversion. The graphics are awful and look nothing like the screenshots on the site. It runs dog slow. It needs a vertex shader (ie GF4MX NOT COMPATIBLE) but looks like a software rendered game. The worst criticism, however, This game deserves to be universally panned. I LOVED driver 1 on the PC and similar titles such as GTA3:VC but this is a joke. It is the worst possible example of a conversion. The graphics are awful and look nothing like the screenshots on the site. It runs dog slow. It needs a vertex shader (ie GF4MX NOT COMPATIBLE) but looks like a software rendered game. The worst criticism, however, is reserved for the controls. There is a 30-40% deadzone on joysticks / wheels which is not changeable. This game is utterly unplayable with analogue joysticks / steering wheels and DOES NOT SUPPORT digital pads. meaning car control is keyboard only. The on-foot controls do allow mouse but the mouse sensitivity setting seems to be ineffectual. Even on "0" sensitivity mouselook is too sensitive. Whilst mouselook is activated by default, LMB is not bound by default and must be manually set (eg to fire weapon). There is NO force feedback, but the setup has a setting for "rumble" which DOES NOT EXIST on PCs. These things are possibly fixable with a patch but seeing as the PS2 version came out in June 2004, I cannot see how they wasted an extra 9 months and STILL got the QA process so horribly wrong. Expand
  8. MinäV.
    Apr 3, 2005
    The game just simply sucks.. The Graphicengine is taken from driver 1 (stright) and it really sucks and i DONT recommend it do anybody!
  9. Johnny.D.
    Apr 18, 2005
    I gave this game a 3 because i got it for free and still feel like being ripped off. Well, now i've just wasted some hours i would've wasted on something else anyway. Peace to all, and for the responsible of Driver3, rest in pieces.
  10. Aug 17, 2012
    I was so hyped about this game after the success of Driver 1 and 2. But what a letdown. It did not felt like a driver game anymore. They made this look like another GTA clone, but worse in every possible way. Only cutscenes were amazing though.
  11. Jul 27, 2012
    It is only a joke I think! The graphics are extremely bad. The controlling is much worse. The main menu is a big crap. The whole game is very boring. It's a big bull crap, don't buy it.
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    Awful and buggy graphics awful and weird physics
    Despite it's got an interesting story and continues the first two games' story it still can't be playable

Almost all of the much-touted style evaporates as soon as the introductory movie is over and we're met with stiff animation, blurry textures, popping geometry, a dated engine, underwhelming vehicle sound, a stale world, kryptonite light poles, bouncing parked cars, forgettable on-foot action and only passable vehicular dynamics.
  2. This game's no fun to play at all. And it's frustrating, too, in a bad way. It's as simple as that.
  3. The driving physics are pulled from "Carmageddon 2," the on-foot control is pulled from "Ultima Underworld," the driving was pulled from the Sega Genesis version of "OutRun." There is a reason why all the games I’ve listed are five, ten, fifteen years old. . .because Driv3r plays like a game from a past generation.