Droplitz PC

6.9

1. JohnR
    Sep 10, 2009
    This is an interesting game that I can play for a few spare minutes and then put down when I want to. It runs well, sounds good, and looks good. The game itself is a simple concept, done well. I like it.
  2. Dec 11, 2012
    A simple puzzle game where you guide drops of water through pipes. There's 4 gameplay modes with multiple maps in each so it'll keep you busy for a while just trying to unlock the different modes. There is a certain "zen" to this kind of puzzle game... Where you can relax, get in the zone and just click away and win a map. The only things that bothered me about it (besides the simplicity)A simple puzzle game where you guide drops of water through pipes. There's 4 gameplay modes with multiple maps in each so it'll keep you busy for a while just trying to unlock the different modes. There is a certain "zen" to this kind of puzzle game... Where you can relax, get in the zone and just click away and win a map. The only things that bothered me about it (besides the simplicity) were no multiplayer and no replay value. Once you unlock all the maps all that's left to do is beat your high scores or do absurd achievements. It can be a fun diversion if it's on sale and you're looking for a more traditional puzzle game; However, I think more creative physics based puzzle games such as World of Goo and Chains are more worth your time and money. Expand
  3. Sep 16, 2013
    The premise is fine for a puzzler, but the AI is woefully inadequate. I don't know if the required setup would have levels hand-created or pre-tested or what, but the game appears to presently generate the levels at random and many (most?) are simply not fun to play. In my relatively short period of gameplay, I've seen several levels generated that had no possible solutions.

The game

The game has the right idea, but there's sometimes a big gulf between great ideas and great executions.
  4. Nov 3, 2013
    Although the game’s concepts are good, options are a bit limited. There are some different game modes you can unlock by playing, but there is not a large variety, and it can be quite difficult to unlock these extra modes, forcing you to play just the standard game mode for quite some time.

1. Though the difficulty can be hard to swallow at times, the puzzle gameplay quickly grows on you.
    The art style and music don't show a lot of personality, but the gameplay is simple and addicting. It'll claim several hours of your life before you even notice they're gone.
  3. Droplitz is one of those under-the-radar games that, in spite of how good it is, has gotten lost in the commotion and hoopla of the summer games season.