Droplitz PC

6.9

1. Feb 14, 2014
    I haven't encountered a game in the last decade with such disregard for support. This game is not supported by Altus (publisher) nor Blitz Arcade. (developer) There are people on Steam who still can't get this to run, or who have to deal with show stoppers. Whoever heard of a game site with email-only support?? Would a wiki be too sophisticated?
    Tell them you want support; who knows
    Tell them you want support; who knows what an angry mob of gamers can accomplish?
    If you want to see anonymity, just check its Wikipedia page!

(Officially unsupported on the site. Perhaps Blitz Games Studios doesn't know how to manage their domain?)
  2. Nov 3, 2013
    Probably my favourite casual "drop in drop out" puzzler. Don't expect to be sat there playing this for hours because it's not that game but 10/20 minutes here and there, great fun.
  3. Nov 3, 2013
    Although the game’s concepts are good, options are a bit limited. There are some different game modes you can unlock by playing, but there is not a large variety, and it can be quite difficult to unlock these extra modes, forcing you to play just the standard game mode for quite some time.
  4. Sep 16, 2013
    The premise is fine for a puzzler, but the AI is woefully inadequate. I don't know if the required setup would have levels hand-created or pre-tested or what, but the game appears to presently generate the levels at random and many (most?) are simply not fun to play. In my relatively short period of gameplay, I've seen several levels generated that had no possible solutions.

The game

The game has the right idea, but there's sometimes a big gulf between great ideas and great executions.
  5. Dec 11, 2012
    A simple puzzle game where you guide drops of water through pipes. There's 4 gameplay modes with multiple maps in each so it'll keep you busy for a while just trying to unlock the different modes. There is a certain "zen" to this kind of puzzle game... Where you can relax, get in the zone and just click away and win a map. The only things that bothered me about it (besides the simplicity)A simple puzzle game where you guide drops of water through pipes. There's 4 gameplay modes with multiple maps in each so it'll keep you busy for a while just trying to unlock the different modes. There is a certain "zen" to this kind of puzzle game... Where you can relax, get in the zone and just click away and win a map. The only things that bothered me about it (besides the simplicity) were no multiplayer and no replay value. Once you unlock all the maps all that's left to do is beat your high scores or do absurd achievements. It can be a fun diversion if it's on sale and you're looking for a more traditional puzzle game; However, I think more creative physics based puzzle games such as World of Goo and Chains are more worth your time and money. Collapse
  6. JohnH
    Dec 30, 2009
    It is a fun game to play for short periods of time.
  7. nb
    Sep 27, 2009
    This is a god aweful game and you can't even adjust the video settings - widescreen is the norm these days and this is stuck in 4:3
  8. JohnR
    Sep 10, 2009
    This is an interesting game that I can play for a few spare minutes and then put down when I want to. It runs well, sounds good, and looks good. The game itself is a simple concept, done well. I like it.
  9. bootsy
    Sep 1, 2009
    I bought on steam with a big discount (2 Euros), for that price it gets an 8. If i would have bought it at the normal price it would be an 6. The gameplay is easy to get a hang of, but the game does get boring pretty quickly. When it comes to graphics the game is also very basic. Fun game though to play once in a while.
  10. KevinR
    Aug 30, 2009
    It takes a bit to figure out just what is happening, how the multipliers work, and so on. However, once you get it, Droplitz is a refreshing twist on a puzzle genre obsessed with matching sets of three or more things.
  11. RainerB
    Aug 30, 2009
    a big bug is included (i can't download or upload highscores - so i can't get to the main-menu after playing) - but the game is great
  12. AdamT
    Aug 29, 2009
    cud do with more special effects and customisable themes i'd say but it's a very very good arcade game, addictive and not too easy
  13. GrahamH
    Aug 23, 2009
    It has a bit of a steep learning curve at the beginning (it took me a few games to figure out even a semblance of a strategy), but Droplitz is a VERY addictive game. I ended up playing accidentally playing until 3:00am, and had "Droplitz Dreams" (like Tetris-dreams) all night. It would have a higher score if it simply took it easier on you for the first few levels while you tried to It has a bit of a steep learning curve at the beginning (it took me a few games to figure out even a semblance of a strategy), but Droplitz is a VERY addictive game. I ended up playing accidentally playing until 3:00am, and had "Droplitz Dreams" (like Tetris-dreams) all night. It would have a higher score if it simply took it easier on you for the first few levels while you tried to figure out what was going on. I recommend this game for anyone looking for a light puzzle game (for their laptop or netbook). Expand
  14. GavinK
    Aug 22, 2009
    OK and addictive gameplay from Atlus/Blitz Games - may get boring though to some after a long while of playing. Nice graphics and music that cycles - sometimes too quickly. Boring board layouts that get bigger and inject more complexity. Nice modes (the remainder need to be unlocked before accessing them). Bare bones in-game manual. Leaderboards to see how you rank among the best scores. OK and addictive gameplay from Atlus/Blitz Games - may get boring though to some after a long while of playing. Nice graphics and music that cycles - sometimes too quickly. Boring board layouts that get bigger and inject more complexity. Nice modes (the remainder need to be unlocked before accessing them). Bare bones in-game manual. Leaderboards to see how you rank among the best scores. Did I mention, it's from Atlus - maker of FRPG war games? Expand
  15. Dec 11, 2012

1. Though the difficulty can be hard to swallow at times, the puzzle gameplay quickly grows on you.
    The art style and music don't show a lot of personality, but the gameplay is simple and addicting. It'll claim several hours of your life before you even notice they're gone.
  3. Droplitz is one of those under-the-radar games that, in spite of how good it is, has gotten lost in the commotion and hoopla of the summer games season.