7.6

1. Aug 14, 2013
    Rating this game lower than a 10... is absolutely unacceptable. This game is way better than the classic and legendary NES version with a storyline to boot. The voice acting is spot on. The gameplay is fast and fluid. The graphics are beautiful and the game itself is a legendary series. Maybe this will encourage Capcom to make a Duck Tales 3 you know without any dlc lol!) BUY THIS GAME! 10/10!!
  2. Aug 13, 2013
    When I first heard this game was coming out i literally squealed with excitement...sweet sweet nostalgia. Then i when i was able to play it, i relived some of the best times in my life..overall its a very enjoyable game with one hell of a soundtrack and excellent voice acting... but there is a few things that i didn't agree with...1 being the constant story interruptions within the main game...i felt like i had to press the skip cinematic options way to many times. Also this game...although fantastic on the PC and console systems should really be geared toward the handheld market like the PS Vita or the 3DS because the control over scrooge would feel more natural. Overall i give it a 9 because despite a few flaws its allot of fun!!! Buy it! Expand
  3. Aug 13, 2013
    This is the type of game that will make you mad after dying when you're at the end of the level and honestly that's ok.I got tired of the modern games re spawning you 10 meters from the place where you got killed EVERY TIME when you die, because that is not challenging at all.After repeating the same level, you're starting to notice that this game wants you to have a real challenge, without being impossibly difficult.This is the world with rules that you have to learn in order to beat it, you have to KNOW how everything works, what is the pattern of the boss, where in the darkness is the trap that killed you the last time or else you're going to suffer, a lot.Ther graphic is beautiful and it runs smoothly on highest resolution on my crappy pc, but I don't like the way in which characters are talking without opening their mouths, this was really annoying when I saw that a BOSS (Magica De' Spell)actually had an animation for laughting, but I guess the publisher was in a hurry and Way Forward didn't have the time for animating speech and lip-synch.The soundtrack is perfect and suprisingly there's even one 8-bit music that was remade as a dubstep(even if you're not a fan of dubstep [I'm not] you have to admit that this one is really good).The voice acting is perfect and it's is a joy to listen every character.The gameplay is almost the same as in the original game(there are slightly different boss battles).The controls are also the same as in the original game(go left,right,jump,hit a box[there's even a option to turn on a"hard pogo"for the people who liked the original controls]),the only thing I don't like is that I couldn't use my logitech gamepad even though it worked fine with many other games(like FEZ) and the game shows gamepad option in menu.The story is rather simple but the dialogues are written well and as if this was a good old DuckTales cartoon.Basically DuckTales Remastered is an old-school platformer made for modern technology, and thats exactly what I wanted to get when I've heard about this remake for the first time.

Pros:
    -Beautiful graphic
    -Funny Dialogues
    -Amazing soundtrack
    -Good optimization
    -Challenging, but not annoying

Cons:
    -Missing speech animations
    -Doesn't work with every Joy-pad
  4. Aug 18, 2013
    I hear a lot of complaints regarding how "interrupting" that the cutscenes for this game are. Hey, do you remember those cutscenes in the 8-bit one? No? Oh thats right, they didnt have voice acting back then, but adding a little padding to the story via voice-acted cutscenes seems to be an irritant to players now. Take those cutscenes away, however, and whats left is.....THE ORIGINAL GAME. That seems to piss a lot of players off, though- what exactly were they expecting, I wonder? The classic is short in length, high in difficulty, and features catchy gameplay mechanics.

So is this game. This is "Ducktales REMASTERED", not "Ducktales 2013". If youre expecting 20 hours of game, you obviously werent around for the 8-bit Capcom platforming era. Much like the original, the levels are short, especially once youve been through them a couple of times. The level design, secrets ETC are all rather faithful to the original, and generally in the same places. The difficulty may be a turn-off for players who didnt grow up beating Mega Man 1 on the NES (though there is an EASY mode for the noobs), but for veterans, youll really be brought back when youre first knocked into a bottomless pit by a cheaply-placed, respawning enemy.

Ive heard complaints regarding control, but I had no issues during my playthrough. I personally found the controls to be extremely sharp and reactive. Every time I died, even if it was to a cheap enemy popping up, it was my own fault- not because "the controller didnt respond", but rather, "*I* didnt respond". Thats how these old titles played: split-second reaction time and memorizing the levels. Hit detection is fantastic as well- Ive landed many times on one pixel's worth of toe on a cliff, and didnt fall in. Likewise, enemies have grazed me and did no damage because I wasnt actually touched.

As it is, the game is a beautiful remake, with hand-animated sprites and a combination 2d/3d painted packground. The re-scored soundtrack catches the flair of the original, skillfully combining chiptune beats with current-day sound.

This is exactly what I wanted out of this remake- the short, tough, fun Ducktales I grew up playing, with just enough "oooooh" to put it on its own level without changing it into something completely different. Sure, they could have added more worlds, enemies, items, attacks, abilities, ETC, but if they did, it wouldnt be the CLASSIC GAME, it would be a different game with the classic smashed in there just to get the ball rolling.

Overall, I'll say this: if you loved the original, youll love this, down to the same flaws the original had. If you never played the classic, I can only advise to try it first, or be prepared for lots of dying- and if youre too ADD to listen to the authentically voice-acted cutscenes, press START and skip them. Just dont complain that the game winds up being 90 minutes long after you do.
  5. Aug 17, 2013
    Capcom made a fantastic NES game off a license they probably had no idea what to do with 24 years ago. Wayforward has taken that game, fleshed out levels that desperately needed fleshing, and repackaged not only as an excellent homage to the original but to the cartoon as well. Graphics are vibrant, the music is fantastic, and the controls are tight. The story that is crafted around the insanity of the original game's structure hits all the right chords of a DuckTales cartoon with fantastic writing and voice acting, and every cut scene can be skipped with two button presses for those who aren't interested.
    In short anyone who is a fan of 2D action platformers should be checking out DuckTales.
  6. Aug 14, 2013
    A really great example of developers sticking as close to the original material as possible. Essentially it's more or less the same game but with 8-bit art limitation lifted. It is drawn and animated by someone with evident love towards the series and it shows. Also, one of my biggest fears did not come true the music tunes are as catchy as the originals. All in all a masterpiece.

The only gripe I have with the game can't turn off cutscenes from showing up, thus 9 and not 10.
  7. Aug 15, 2013
    Duuuucks)) Thx Capcom. Good game, good work!

Waiting for darkwing duck, cheap and dale, TNMT and other legendary hits of NES!!

Perfect Graphics and animation! The must have.

8. Aug 14, 2013
    Gameplay is faithful to the original. Graphics and audio are remastered from scratch, but maintain the same theme. If you are a zealous fan of the original games, the storytelling and dialogue will seem intrusive. Many of us who enjoyed the game and the TV series both will thoroughly enjoy the spirit the story brings. The additions like the new intro level (its stage music is FANTASTIC btw) and gallery are welcome to fans of the show and gives good incentive to collect as much cash ingame. However, the most awesome addition will fulfill the desires of ANY DuckTales fan:

YOU CAN ACTUALLY DIVE INTO AND SWIM AROUND SCROOGE'S MONEY PIT. SOLD.
  9. Sep 5, 2013
    Absolutely love this game! I commend the developer for staying true to the original yet adding in some nice touches. The boss fights are a worthy improvement. The cinematic's are nice, with music and sound just like the cartoon; however, after playing through the game many times my one gripe/request to Wayforward is to please In a future patch make an option to turn off the cinematic/interruptions rather than having to turn off each one manually. Otherwise, excellent reproduction! If your a fan of the original or platformer genre you need this game. Expand
  10. Sep 9, 2013
    I loved playing this game. It has so much nostalgia to its game play for all veteran gamers. Now the revamped version is so beautiful, its a great short play worth every penny. I would recommend getting this game for a wonderful trip to the past to revisit Ducktales universe, with new revamped boss battles and wonderful cinematic that never existed back then in video games. I was not disappointed and played this game several times humming the tunes and reliving the past. Expand
  11. Oct 22, 2013
    It is scientifically impossible to make a game that improves so much onto another game. The spritework is gorgeous, the 3D models works a lot with the sprites, the music is perfect, the difficulty is great (it can be quite hard, and you can do short work on the bosses once you know what you need to do, the voice acting and the cutscenes work just like the show. It's a great, great game, and it's almost a crime that so many critics gave it a low score because of the difficulty. Expand
  12. Dec 23, 2013
    I had my eye on DuckTales Remastered for awhile now, since I loved the NES game so much. Well it was on sale this week so I decided to pick it up and I don't regret it.

It's a great nostalgic throw back to a franchise many of us 80's and 90's children grew up with. The music has been remastered wonderfully and I haven't had any problems with the controls. It's great that they managed to
    get (most?) of the voice actors back, that only make's it that much more special.

The stages are mostly left the same, with minor changes to make it more action packed or interesting, I haven't had a problem with the stages, in my opinion it simply makes the whole experience more "refreshing".

A complaint that seemed common with people was that the cut scenes cut away from the game and while agree that sometimes there's a little bit TOO much banter interrupting game-play, it really hasn't been a deal breaker for me and some of the major cut-scenes explaining the story and situation has been nice since the original NES game didn't really do too well of a job explaining anything, not that as kids we needed it, ha ha.

To be perfectly honest, the only major grip I have is the art. The character sprites are wonderfully done, except the artists seem to neglect minor touches to the game, such as having the character's mouths move when they talk. The biggest issue I have though is that the sprites look wonderful, as if they were hand drawn and then everything else is a stagnant, ugly, pastel colored 3D rendered. The two styles class horribly and the artists who were doing the background and foreground work didn't even bother to have proper perspective when considering the sprites. In the introduction stage, doors, chairs and other background objects look to be 10 times bigger then character sprites and it's just lame and off-putting.

Does that ruin the game for me? No, not really, but it is a little off-putting and really made me wish they would have just went that extra mile for attention to details. All in all, I'd pick it up, especially if it's on sale.
  13. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is fantastic and deserves all the praise in the world for being a good remake of a classic, enjoyable game. Disney-quality animation, improved soundtrack, deeper and more complex boss fights and the original voice actors from the show are all terribly awesome reasons to play this game again. The best part is that now, in addition to the addictive nature of collecting all that cash in-game, you can actually spend it on cool tributes and art from the show (even the original soundtrack!). There's even a story now, so it's like you're playing an episode from one of the greatest cartoon shows ever, and if you want to skip the cinematics, just hit two buttons and off you go. This helped to remind me why Capcom is one of the best. Expand
  14. Dec 30, 2013
    Wonderful remake. Sometimes I play old goodie NES games on my computer using emulator. Nostalgia But this game with improved graphics and improved interface, while keeping almost the same difficulty is great! I hope for more such remakes in future!
  15. Dec 19, 2013
    This remake is really fun and improved version of the classic one =D. The levels are so colorful and clear. It's really appealing to the eye. The music is so catchy and awesome, it sounds terrific.
  16. Mar 19, 2014
    Прям ностальгия словно в прошлое вернулся немного сложная очень интересная сочная графика
    сразу видно что capcom постаралась порадовать нас)
    Мне она лично понравилась.
  17. May 25, 2014
    This remastered game takes all the great elements of the original Ducktales I for NES and embellishes it with extra level content, new puzzles, and energetic music.
    The intro will surprise old gamers with dialogue voiced by the original cast of Ducktales tv cartoons.
    The parallax backgrounds are very nicely drawn and so are the remastered enemies.
    Boss fights are almost completely
    revamped. Still the same general patterns but with a bunch of new ones and some new full-screen powers and effects are thrown in.
    There's some content to unlock but it's nothing that adds to the game story, just some nostalgia for fans.

I saved annoyances for last as I don't feel they really impact the enjoyment of the game. Scrooge will sometimes say a line of random dialogue during gameplay, the most annoying one is when he says Mrs. Beagley is as big as a diamond, when you pick one up of course. The way the line is read is long-stetched and annoying after hearing it more than 5 times.
    Some character animations are lacking in animation frames. I've made sure my PC wasn't being laggy, also tried my Desktop which is well equipped for all performance intense games of 2014, and it still seems like there's lack of frames in idle animations.

Small complaints that don't hinder any enjoyment of the game. I still find the animation to be very nice a fluid for the most part and most importantly, it stays true to the original's style, both in art and level design.

1. Aug 28, 2013
    A pleasant trip down memory lane, but not the one you absolutely need to take. [CD-Action 10/2013, p.66]
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    Duck Tales Remastered is a little gem churned out by Capcom and WayForward.
  3. Aug 26, 2013
    I can’t see many people who grew up only knowing what a virtual gun is accepting the shortness and difficulty curve of DuckTales Remastered.