8.6

1. Mar 21, 2013
    Amazing, simply amazing. The good old duke is back, and with a nice touch of HD.
    If you still haven't played this, now its your chance.
    This is one of the best FPS ever created and i'm not exaggerating.

It includes all the expansions, Multiplayer will be added in a later patch.

Thank you 3D Realms and Devolver Digital for bringing this epic masterpiece to Steam.
  2. Mar 22, 2013
    Being a hardcore fan of Duke 3D I had hoped that this port would not deviate from the original too much. To my great surprise I found that the original game was intact and very well done. No graphical errors, no game-breaking bugs, and nothing cut during the transfer to Steam. I have to say I will be playing this for many years to come. An excellent port of a legendary game. Hail to the King baby!
  3. Oct 15, 2013
    A simple upgraded and complete version of the original Duke Nukem 3D. This version also contains the three official expansions as well as a multiplayer/coop mode (which is still in beta as of this writing). A must have for fans of the franchise.
  4. May 23, 2013
    If you're a fan of FPS games you should go ahead and get this. It's a total classic which won't let you down with its pop-culture references, great humor and satisfying gameplay.
  5. Nov 3, 2013
    Simply visually upgraded and given the now standard fps controls. Didn't fix what wasn't broken in the first place, just the old game with a few extra visual bells and whistles.
  6. Apr 17, 2013
    I am generally impressed. The game is fun, fun, fun, fun. As good as the old version if not better. Recommended. I generally hope future games take notice of the successful aspects of this game.
  7. May 5, 2013
    "Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition" is one of the best classics you can get for 10$. It comes with the original game and three expansions, with a nice set of Achiements and regular updates. This is the one shooter everyone should have played, it's simply on of the best shooters ever made.
  8. Apr 19, 2013
    It was going to be hard to match my opinion of the original and I was rather wary about this release on Steam. This game is perfectly done and nothing is missing.
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    This remake and compilation is the perfect example of how good old games never
    get old or boring.
    FPS that encourages exploration, well designed levels and tons of FUN
  10. Jul 19, 2013
    Nice I hope they will make another duke nukem game with good graphics but still kinda enjoyed the game.
  11. Dec 29, 2013
    Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition... And I’m all out of bubblegum.

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is a serious upgrade over the classic Duke Nukem 3D, improving the visuals greatly, and adding the episode "The Birth". Also, it comes with Duke Nukem 3D: Classic, Duke it Out in D.C, Duke: Nuclear Winter, Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach, and even the level editor.

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton
    Edition:

You play as the badass Duke Nukem as you fight the alien invaders using an arsenal of 10 kickass weapons, ranging from kicking them in the face with mighty foot to the fully automatic rocket launcher, the devastator.
    You play through 4 episodes, each with multiple levels each spanning across many different locations, like Las Angeles and the Grand Canyon. There is also a handful of secret levels, and dozens if not over a hundred secrets to find which give you extra ammo, stronger weapons, or even have easter eggs, my favorite being the deceased Doom Guy.
    You also have the four standard difficulties going from easiest to hardest: Piece of Cake, Let's Rock, Come Get Some, and Damn I’m Good. Increasing the difficulty changes how much damage enemies do, how many spawn, and while on Damn I’m Good dead enemies will even respawn. I recommend starting on Let's Rock, and once you have some experience switch to Come Get Some. User-made levels can be installed and played, and there’s apparently a multiplayer beta.

Duke Nukem 3D Classic:

Same campaign as Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, minus "The Birth" episode. The graphics are pretty bad, just a little bit better than Heretic's, and moving your view is difficult because the sensitivity is so sluggish, even at the highest.
    Three user-made maps are available to play: SE, ST, and ZOO.

Add-ons:

Duke it Out in D.C Some of the longest and tedious levels there are.
    Duke: Nuclear Winter Travel to the North Pole to kick Santa's and his evil elves asses.
    Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach New skins for weapons and enemies... fun.

I suggest getting this either if you like the Doom franchise, you’re a fan of the 1996 release, or if you’re looking for hours of old school kicking.

Rating: 9/10
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Apr 15, 2013
    The Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is a must-have collection for every Duke Nukem lover. It contains the original game, a new episode and three (hard to get) expansion for just ten bucks. The gameplay is great, even after all these years. And since the rotten apple Duke Nukem Forever left a unpleasant taste, this is a gift out of heaven.