8.7

1. Mar 21, 2013
    Amazing, simply amazing. The good old duke is back, and with a nice touch of HD.
    If you still haven't played this, now its your chance.
    This is one of the best FPS ever created and i'm not exaggerating.

It includes all the expansions, Multiplayer will be added in a later patch.

Thank you 3D Realms and Devolver Digital for bringing this epic masterpiece to Steam.
  2. May 23, 2013
    If you're a fan of FPS games you should go ahead and get this. It's a total classic which won't let you down with its pop-culture references, great humor and satisfying gameplay.
  3. Apr 17, 2013
    I am generally impressed. The game is fun, fun, fun, fun. As good as the old version if not better. Recommended. I generally hope future games take notice of the successful aspects of this game.
  4. May 5, 2013
    "Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition" is one of the best classics you can get for 10$. It comes with the original game and three expansions, with a nice set of Achiements and regular updates. This is the one shooter everyone should have played, it's simply on of the best shooters ever made.
  5. Mar 22, 2013
    Being a hardcore fan of Duke 3D I had hoped that this port would not deviate from the original too much. To my great surprise I found that the original game was intact and very well done. No graphical errors, no game-breaking bugs, and nothing cut during the transfer to Steam. I have to say I will be playing this for many years to come. An excellent port of a legendary game. Hail to the King baby!
  6. Apr 19, 2013
    It was going to be hard to match my opinion of the original and I was rather wary about this release on Steam. This game is perfectly done and nothing is missing.
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    This remake and compilation is the perfect example of how good old games never
    get old or boring.
    FPS that encourages exploration, well designed levels and tons of FUN
  8. Sep 8, 2014
    One of the best shooters in the history, period. Now accessible without any problems.

Great design, marvelous levels (compare it to any other shooter today - yeah), hypnotizing combat. It's a great game on its own even in 2014. Why can't we have as nice things as this?
  9. Jul 19, 2013
    Nice I hope they will make another duke nukem game with good graphics but still kinda enjoyed the game.
  10. Oct 28, 2015
    I do not finish a lot of games. But through this I went in a frenzy. 33 h of fun. Can't beat this. Didn.t care about outdated graphics, neither. Duke Nukem 3D simply works!
  11. Apr 26, 2014
    This is a great release of the classic original that I got on steam for really cheap. I loved the original and this was a lot of fun to go back and have some nostalgia with.
  12. Mar 3, 2015
    Growing up I played this game constantly. At home. At friend's houses. Anywhere that I could. We would even have LAN death-matches in school with our 40 year old comp-sci teacher leading the way, and for a few years it seemed as if nobody could get enough of this game. It had it all. It was games like 'Doom' and 'Wolfenstein' only a hundred times better; the graphics were amazing, theGrowing up I played this game constantly. At home. At friend's houses. Anywhere that I could. We would even have LAN death-matches in school with our 40 year old comp-sci teacher leading the way, and for a few years it seemed as if nobody could get enough of this game. It had it all. It was games like 'Doom' and 'Wolfenstein' only a hundred times better; the graphics were amazing, the controls were perfect, it had boobies, it had guns, it had blood, it was the best thing my fragile young eyes had ever seen, and like I said, nobody could get enough of it. This of course was all in the mid 90's when first person shooters were just starting to pick up some real steam, and there's no doubt that this game was partially responsible.

Needless to say this game offers some heavy nostalgia for me personally, but even though I have an undying love for it, 'Duke 3D' is still one of the best games that I have ever played. It just nails everything so perfectly and going back to it for the first time in almost two decades felt just as fresh as the first time that I played it. This game still holds up even by today's standards, and graphics aside, modern day shooters haven't really changed all that much since the release of this game. In fact, I would argue that games today are actually much easier than 'Duke 3D'. The puzzle elements that are evident here are something that is missing from most shooters today, and it's refreshing to play a game that doesn't hold your hand the whole way through.

'Duke 3D' pushed a lot of boundaries, and before parents were raging against 'Grand Theft Auto' it was Duke that was taking most of the flack. Whether you loved it or hated it, 'Duke Nukem' did a lot of great things for gaming in general, and if there were a 'Video Game Hall of Fame' this one would surely have a decently sized display inside of it. If you've never experienced this game and are into the shooter genre you should definitely pick this one up. It's well worth the price, and offers hours upon hours of boob-grabbing, mind-melting entertainment. It's no wonder 'Duke Nukem Forever' wasn't nearly as good as this game was; not many are. Shake it, baby!
  13. Feb 16, 2016
    Quite honestly, when I received this game for free on my Vita I didn't expect much out of it. I felt like this was one of those game that had made its time. I was afraid to destroy my childhood memories but as it turns out I could'nt have been more wrong. It's so fun I even purchased it for my PC. In recent years, I've almost stopped playing FPS games due to their lack of amusement. SoQuite honestly, when I received this game for free on my Vita I didn't expect much out of it. I felt like this was one of those game that had made its time. I was afraid to destroy my childhood memories but as it turns out I could'nt have been more wrong. It's so fun I even purchased it for my PC. In recent years, I've almost stopped playing FPS games due to their lack of amusement. So many secret places to find with varying level designs, this remake is on top of its genre. It's really made for people who like absurd games like Serious Sam, Painkiller and Earth defense force! Expand
  14. Dec 29, 2013
    Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition... And I’m all out of bubblegum.

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is a serious upgrade over the classic Duke Nukem 3D, improving the visuals greatly, and adding the episode "The Birth". Also, it comes with Duke Nukem 3D: Classic, Duke it Out in D.C, Duke: Nuclear Winter, Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach, and even the level editor. Duke Nukem 3D Megaton
    Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition... And I’m all out of bubblegum.

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition:

You play as the badass Duke Nukem as you fight the alien invaders using an arsenal of 10 kickass weapons, ranging from kicking them in the face with mighty foot to the fully automatic rocket launcher, the devastator.
    You play through 4 episodes, each with multiple levels each spanning across many different locations, like Las Angeles and the Grand Canyon. There is also a handful of secret levels, and dozens if not over a hundred secrets to find which give you extra ammo, stronger weapons, or even have easter eggs, my favorite being the deceased Doom Guy.
    You also have the four standard difficulties going from easiest to hardest: Piece of Cake, Let's Rock, Come Get Some, and Damn I’m Good. Increasing the difficulty changes how much damage enemies do, how many spawn, and while on Damn I’m Good dead enemies will even respawn. I recommend starting on Let's Rock, and once you have some experience switch to Come Get Some. User-made levels can be installed and played, and there’s apparently a multiplayer beta.

Duke Nukem 3D Classic:

Same campaign as Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, minus "The Birth" episode. The graphics are pretty bad, just a little bit better than Heretic's, and moving your view is difficult because the sensitivity is so sluggish, even at the highest.
    Three user-made maps are available to play: SE, ST, and ZOO.

Add-ons:

Duke it Out in D.C Some of the longest and tedious levels there are.
    Duke: Nuclear Winter Travel to the North Pole to kick Santa's and his evil elves asses.
    Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach New skins for weapons and enemies... fun.

I suggest getting this either if you like the Doom franchise, you’re a fan of the 1996 release, or if you’re looking for hours of old school kicking.

Rating: 9/10
  15. Nov 3, 2013
    Simply visually upgraded and given the now standard fps controls. Didn't fix what wasn't broken in the first place, just the old game with a few extra visual bells and whistles.
  16. Jun 22, 2016
    When Duke Nukem 3D hit the scene back in the 90s, he blew everybody away with his trash talk, "realistic" level design and world interactivity. When compared to the technologically superior Quake, Duke 3D presented the player with a world that felt much more alive, which continued to be a strong point many long years later when the infamously delayed Duke Nukem Forever released. D3D'sWhen Duke Nukem 3D hit the scene back in the 90s, he blew everybody away with his trash talk, "realistic" level design and world interactivity. When compared to the technologically superior Quake, Duke 3D presented the player with a world that felt much more alive, which continued to be a strong point many long years later when the infamously delayed Duke Nukem Forever released. D3D's gameplay would later be improved upon its cousins, Shadow Warrior and Blood, both of which I can recommend. I might dare to say that Forever is the superior title to 3D, but I played Duke 3D well after it's heyday and the intial impact of it may have been lost on me. What sticks with me is its flaws, some of which were common to most early FPSs. Most glaringly so, the level design. The strongest episode by far is the very first, L.A. Meltdown. The official levels are for the most part well made and at times even ingenious, given the limitations of the Build engine. However, by the time you reach the addons, the levels become boring, mazelike and leave you with a severe sense of ending fatigue. "Duke It Out in D.C." and "Nuclear Winter" suffer from this especially, "Duke Carribbean" less so. I am also told there was once a map pack that contained a daunting 1500 or so levels, however, I am also told they were shoddily made. "Where's the damn exit" gameplay went out of style years ago, and this Megaton Edition could have benefited greatly from the simple addition of an arrow or such telling the player where the next key is. I have played the vanilla version of Duke 3D more then once and have enjoyed it, but I would probably not ever play the addons again, for the same reason I overlook other "mission packs"- they really don't bring anything fresh to the table. Regardless, this is the defintive (official, anyway) edition of Duke and you sure won't get him cheaper. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Apr 15, 2013
    The Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is a must-have collection for every Duke Nukem lover. It contains the original game, a new episode and three (hard to get) expansion for just ten bucks. The gameplay is great, even after all these years. And since the rotten apple Duke Nukem Forever left a unpleasant taste, this is a gift out of heaven.