5.7

1. Apr 30, 2015
    I really wanted Duke Nukem But this game is a piece of **** don't **** buy this **** game this really ruined the Duke franchise I don't know who to blame 3D realms Piranha Games or Gearbox Software all really good companies I don't know who **** up Duke but I hope some one see's the potential of duke nukem and makes a good game thanks for reading
  2. Apr 21, 2015
    This game has received some harsh criticism, which is understandable for reasons that should be obvious to most. This game has been in development hell for 14 years, after all, so people were expecting a lot from it. The undeniable fact is that Duke Nukem Forever did indeed not deliver quite a few of its promises. BUT it is objectively a decent game and I had fun playing it.
    First of all,
    First of all, I didn't encounter any bug, which can't be said about quite a few other games.
    Secondly, even that is not a major factor for me, the graphics are fine. True, there were games with far better graphics at the time but Duke Nukem Forever was in not THAT ugly.
    The gameplay is okayish. There are more than a few lousy choises, such as the "Ego bar", the puzzles and a few QTEs.
    The story is decent as a whole but the humour is totally lame.
    A 6/10 sounds fair to me.
  3. Mar 22, 2015
    Duke Nukem Forever and its 15 year development cycle sets the player off after Duke plays a video game, playing the tournament from where the previous game ended. Duke Nukem is still being praised, until he finds out that aliens have began attacking, taking earths woman and impregnating them for their own offspring. Duke sets out on a quest to take down the alien mother ship and save earthDuke Nukem Forever and its 15 year development cycle sets the player off after Duke plays a video game, playing the tournament from where the previous game ended. Duke Nukem is still being praised, until he finds out that aliens have began attacking, taking earths woman and impregnating them for their own offspring. Duke sets out on a quest to take down the alien mother ship and save earth woman, also being accompanied by many easter eggs, such as dead space engineer, and halo armor Expand
  4. Feb 18, 2015
    If growing up you were a fan of 'Duke Nukem 3D'...and boobies, then you'll love... erruhh... should... erruhh... might enjoy this game. Or maybe you won't, I mean who can really tell with this one. Over however long in development, with countless engine updates, and one or a million developer changes, I still to this day, have no idea why so many knuckleheads held this game to such highIf growing up you were a fan of 'Duke Nukem 3D'...and boobies, then you'll love... erruhh... should... erruhh... might enjoy this game. Or maybe you won't, I mean who can really tell with this one. Over however long in development, with countless engine updates, and one or a million developer changes, I still to this day, have no idea why so many knuckleheads held this game to such high standards. I suppose it was their undying love and fond memories for the Duke Nukem of the 90's, but still, how good could this game have been when it was passed around more times than some lame joke about a girl who is very promiscuous? Actually...pretty damn good, if you ask me!

This game was destined to fail ever since year five in development, so it really doesn't matter now, but like I said, if you were a fan of the original 'Duke 3D' game, then this game should be pretty enjoyable for you. Or maybe it won't be, who cares, either way get f'd and buy it cheap. But still, 'Forever' manages to be more imaginative than 75% of new shooters out there today and maintains some of the humor and feel of gameplay from the original. The storyline is the same 'save the world from the aliens' but what else did you expect, and each map feels fresh and fun to play through each and every time, with small puzzles and challenges along the way.

Overall, this is a game most people have most likely already forgotten about, but it's still incredibly fun if you ask me. And even though it's probably not the game that the developers originally set out to make, I'm still thankful to have been able to play this version. So pick this one up for a few bucks during the next sale if you're a fan of Duke Nukem or shooters in general. Because 'Forever' is a pleasant change from the mundane, everyday shooters that most people play day in and day out.
  5. ave
    Feb 11, 2015
    I played Duke Nukem 3D years ago and it was a really great shooter.

This sequel features decent-to-good level design, and a nice set of enemies to fight. The gameplay is more modern since you cannot carry all weapons and your health refills along time. One disappointing thing comes with the relative low efficiency of some weapons you imagined more potent (relative to the ego of
    I played Duke Nukem 3D years ago and it was a really great shooter.

One disappointing thing comes with the relative low efficiency of some weapons you imagined more potent (relative to the ego of the character), namely the revolver and the shotgun. So you end up gunning down aliens mostly with the triple cannon machinegun.

The story is purely decorative and the characters flat as a carpet. Half of the time the soldiers are coward and stupid, but that does not make Duke intelligent or brave.

It could have been a decent shooter but the game is blatantly sexist. Of course it comes with the character, but as far as I remember, all the female characters are either : horny at the mere sight of the Duke, blowjob providers, incapable of saving themselves, sex workers, alien surrogate mothers begging you to shoot them. I don't recall any female soldiers, scientists or civilians worth noticing. The developers pushed the envelope up to the following point : aliens are only abducting women, so you have to save them!

Is there an irony here? Maybe aliens are in fact abducting women to protect from the Duke? That would have been a hell of a twist!

So if you're confortable with that level of sexism, Duke Nukem Forever deserved a 6/7 as a shooter. Otherwise it's preferable to ignore it.
  6. Feb 5, 2015
    This game has a bad reputation because of it's over-long development, so that alone skews many critic and user scores. I like to look at this game in two ways: both how it stands alone and how closely it lived up to the hype. I'll start with the latter: it didn't. Not even remotely. If I were to score it based on hype alone, I'd say somewhere around a 2-4, but I think it has more to offerThis game has a bad reputation because of it's over-long development, so that alone skews many critic and user scores. I like to look at this game in two ways: both how it stands alone and how closely it lived up to the hype. I'll start with the latter: it didn't. Not even remotely. If I were to score it based on hype alone, I'd say somewhere around a 2-4, but I think it has more to offer if you pull it out of that context. This game is fun. I really enjoyed playing. It's got good gunplay, good interactivity, good multiplayer. Where it fails is tone- it eschews the parody nature of Duke 3D and falls into the territory of self-parody. Duke is no longer the homage to b-list action and horror movies and stands out as all that was wrong with 90's video game characters. His swearing also feels incredibly forced, and as a result loses much of its humor. There's not much more to say about it, but if you are interested in this game's history or older-style FPS games, buy this game on Steam when it is $5 or less. Expand
  7. Nov 24, 2014
    Waste of money. The game is short, boring and generally speaking not very enjoyable. Couple this with a level that involves jumping puzzles and you have a contender for the worst game ever made. It captures nothing of what made Duke Nukem 3D so enjoyable - and is woefully insuperior to the old game in almost every aspect.

Did you like Duke Nukem 3D? If so, don't buy this, just play Duke

Did you like Duke Nukem 3D? If so, don't buy this, just play Duke 3D instead.

Jimbo Rating: 1/10
  8. Oct 19, 2014
    I don't get why people are hating on this game so much, it isn't bad. It has smooth graphics witch is a plus, and the ability to throw **** witch makes it at lest x100 better that cod.
  9. Oct 2, 2014
    t is game for console, not for pc. Four weapons in Duke game? Really? Autoheal? Really? What the ♥♥♥♥ is this? I try to love this game, but it is so boring. I want end it before game ends. Locations in game were designed by 5 yers old kid: Interesting maps? Forgot for it. No jetpack, nightvison causes pain of my eyes..And enemies? One thing, that´s good in this game. But if you want playt is game for console, not for pc. Four weapons in Duke game? Really? Autoheal? Really? What the ♥♥♥♥ is this? I try to love this game, but it is so boring. I want end it before game ends. Locations in game were designed by 5 yers old kid: Interesting maps? Forgot for it. No jetpack, nightvison causes pain of my eyes..And enemies? One thing, that´s good in this game. But if you want play Duke with 4 weapons and autoheal, play something else, what has not developed in 10 years and ended disastrously. The game is a disappointment for me. Expand
  10. Sep 27, 2014
    This game came from another time. Even on release it was old. As a 2005 game would have been great. Still feels good to play. Best fit to retrogamers!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Sep 16, 2014
    Some of the critics I've seen gave this game a 0. I don't think this game deserves that low of a score. I personally liked this game, maybe because I didn't hype myself up for this game, I was excited sure but I knew that after 12 years of waiting it wouldn't be **** spectacular.

It's a Duke Nukem game, people say he's a relic from the 90's... no **** People say he hasn't aged well in modern times... well I still think the Duke has a lot more personality than a lot of modern shooter characters would love to melancholy over. I also seen some complaints with the story... well how the **** do you write a story so compelling with a Muscled up dude spouting one liners stolen from pop culture, killing aliens and saving babes? It's no Mass Effect and certainly no Walking Dead! If someone wants to take the story seriously, be my guess, but I'm going to call you an idiot for doing so.

The gameplay is nothing short of amazing, it's just run of the mill pretty much, simple yet fun, that's why I like it. Plus the interactivity with the world around you is something I have always adored in any game, Half Life and Deus Ex come to mind in terms of shooters. The only thing that was **** was **** Pinball and Air Hockey! Trying to get the Achievements for them was **** impossible!
    The only thing that is pathetic is the melee, gone is your mighty boot (at least not when it's an execution move) and now it's just a weak bashing attack with your gun.

Overall this game isn't horrible, but it's not exactly great either. It's no Duke Nukem 3d but it's still fun to play in my opinion. If you're going to buy it, get the PC version, which is the definitive version since you have better graphics and you can carry 4 weapons at a time which is a whole lot better than the measly 2 CoD/Halo standard.
  12. Sep 8, 2014
    It stopped half-way between being an somewhat old-school shooter and being modern military peek-a-boo. It resulted in a spectacular failure.

Full of annoying fillers where we yawn bored as **** The game doesn't start immediately as it should and before we get to the actual shooting we waste - like - about 2 hours walking around and throwing statues that kill in one hit due to the broken physics?
    Levels are closed, there're no real pick-ups, health is regenerating, we're often being closed in a small area and told to wait here for 5 or more minutes killing trash by a peek-a-boo tactic.
    You can carry 2 weapons max. 2. I mean - what the actual F?
    The game has its moments, some boss fights are pretty good and weapons do feel nice.

But it misses what Duke Nukem was about entirely. This game has identity problems, since it's half-way a call of turd game, with occasional old-school features on a top.
  13. Aug 30, 2014
    This game should have released in 2001, it's sad to see that the developers thought that they could make it so modern, I mean regenerating health? No jetpack? No secret areas? Invisible walls? Quick time events?Driving in Duke Nukem? Turret Sections? Scripted enemy spawning? It just feels like a corridor shooter and quite frankly, 3d realms should have just continued making the 2001 buildThis game should have released in 2001, it's sad to see that the developers thought that they could make it so modern, I mean regenerating health? No jetpack? No secret areas? Invisible walls? Quick time events?Driving in Duke Nukem? Turret Sections? Scripted enemy spawning? It just feels like a corridor shooter and quite frankly, 3d realms should have just continued making the 2001 build instead of trying to switch to different engines all the time. Expand
  14. Aug 19, 2014
    I actually kinda like it. Mncjdnjfn l n. Do won. Lend venom elm eon. Ring. EFJOBHOFEHBFWIHVINEIFNEINFEjfrojodjeijfrkfnrijfirfjeijfeijfeofjoejfeojfoejfkejfoejfekmfwoejgbrowjngpwjdhvwdljvnpwdjvn
  15. Aug 18, 2014
    This game is infamous for being delayed for 13 YEARS (from 1997-2011). This was originally gonna be a PS1/N64 title but due to some stupid **** this game got delayed again & again & again. It kinda shows. This game feels like it wants to be a new shooter but can't be. It's pretty bad. If you want a new, good shooter, get Battlefield Bad Company, CoD 4-BO1 or damn near anything else (justThis game is infamous for being delayed for 13 YEARS (from 1997-2011). This was originally gonna be a PS1/N64 title but due to some stupid **** this game got delayed again & again & again. It kinda shows. This game feels like it wants to be a new shooter but can't be. It's pretty bad. If you want a new, good shooter, get Battlefield Bad Company, CoD 4-BO1 or damn near anything else (just don't get Aliens: Colonial Marines or Rogue Warrior) This game sucks balls. Expand
  16. Aug 5, 2014
    How could this happen? Duke, what have you done to us? It's not a terrible game, I played through it an meh, it was playable, but it should have never happened in the first place. I understand the hell of a development cycle this game must have gone through over the years, so I guess it's understandable, but it's a pity. Duke Nukem 3D was one of the best, if not THE best FPS ever and DukeHow could this happen? Duke, what have you done to us? It's not a terrible game, I played through it an meh, it was playable, but it should have never happened in the first place. I understand the hell of a development cycle this game must have gone through over the years, so I guess it's understandable, but it's a pity. Duke Nukem 3D was one of the best, if not THE best FPS ever and Duke deserved more. This was quite embarrassing, 4/10 Expand
  17. Jul 23, 2014
    Arleos
    I really liked this game, it may not be perfect but a dicsent shooter,I can see where some of the criticsism come from about the some of the weird and somewhat disgusting sexual content. I just feel that it`s been judged far to harsly
  18. Jun 14, 2014
    I honestly found nothing wrong with the game, everything seemed really smooth, from the humor, to the graphics and the minigames. I can understand it when people say "It wasn't worth the anticipation" and "We've moved on since then". But the game should be played with a conscious reminder that DNF is what it was suppose to be back in 2001, and shouldn't be compared to any other games forI honestly found nothing wrong with the game, everything seemed really smooth, from the humor, to the graphics and the minigames. I can understand it when people say "It wasn't worth the anticipation" and "We've moved on since then". But the game should be played with a conscious reminder that DNF is what it was suppose to be back in 2001, and shouldn't be compared to any other games for it's time. The game has had a very tough history, and people need to be grateful that there was any sort of release at all.

I'm a Duke fan till the end, and Duke Nukem Forever rocked!!
  19. May 30, 2014
    Despite what many people that DID NOT FINISH wrote in here, I'll be crystal clear and give you a BS-Free review. However, I'll put aside the LOOOOOOOOONG development time (13 yrs) to give you an objective and unbiased review. NOTE: To those reviewers out there, please, some advice: Finish the game before reviewing it and review the title for what it is, Duke Nukem, nor CoD orDespite what many people that DID NOT FINISH wrote in here, I'll be crystal clear and give you a BS-Free review. However, I'll put aside the LOOOOOOOOONG development time (13 yrs) to give you an objective and unbiased review. NOTE: To those reviewers out there, please, some advice: Finish the game before reviewing it and review the title for what it is, Duke Nukem, nor CoD or Battlefield.
    PROS - Humor, game mechanics work well, gore, puzzles Half-Life style, chicks, the game kept the original Duke style and feel (from Duke Nukem 3D)
    CONS - Some graphic issues, no manual save feature (game saves using checkpoints), weapon arsenal limited to 4 (you can replace them at any time in-game, tho), many annoying jumping puzzles
    BOTTOM LINE: If you enjoyed Duke Nukem 3D, grab this title on the next sale and add it to your collection. It's worth it.
  20. May 6, 2014
    This game is very bare bones. Don't know what took the developers so long, but it doesn't even seem like a game that took really long to develop. Graphics are mediocre, jokes are bad. Duke Nukem has never been less bad ass. Plot was also incredibly unreasonable, and what is up with the really bad references to other video games?
  21. Mar 8, 2014
    I did not wait 12+ years to have a generic CoD clone.

I did not wait 12+ years to have a generic CoD clone.

DNF is not what it was supposed to be. It was supposed to be a good old school FPS sequel to Duke3D. Instead it turned into what was popular at the time (Call of Duty). Just a modern game for the casual gamers. Because the gameplay mechanics are from Call of Duty, cinematics are from Call of Duty, quicktime events are from Call of Duty, linearity is from Call of Duty.

I can't stress it enough how disappointed i am in DNF. I mean in Duke3D you proceed on your own pace, you take time as much as you want to, and you go where you want to go. But DNF says where you can go and where not (just like a typical modern on-rails FPS does). You have to keep hiding behind cover like a true coward to be able to regenerate your ego (health), because otherwise Duke will die from 2-4 shots. That doesn't sound like Duke to me, and it actually is not Duke. It's just another very lame Modern MIlitary Shooter disguised as Duke. Healthregen, weapon limit, sprint, linear level design and everything. Typical modern game.
  22. Jan 26, 2014
    Great Duke Nukem humor, fun experience, nostalgic scenes and not as bad as many people, who probably haven't even played Duke Nukem 3D, would tell you. Yes, it feels rushed, which is probably the result of developers got tired of having it lying around. Nothing very special but a very good time killer and does have the replay value. Apart from a little outdated graphics I enjoyed playingGreat Duke Nukem humor, fun experience, nostalgic scenes and not as bad as many people, who probably haven't even played Duke Nukem 3D, would tell you. Yes, it feels rushed, which is probably the result of developers got tired of having it lying around. Nothing very special but a very good time killer and does have the replay value. Apart from a little outdated graphics I enjoyed playing it, and would recommend it anytime. Expand
  23. Jan 26, 2014
    If you hate making choices and the feeling of accomplishment then you will love this game. Everything is event based. Sometimes you will be thrown into some boring mini game that is actually more enjoyable then the game itself. My 3 year old loved the toilet humor tho, so her making me laugh earns this game 2 points.
  24. Jan 15, 2014
    This is Duke. He's back. He's badass and does what he always did well. Harass people, kill aliens and desire women.

The game has problems with bugs, AI and weapons carried are only two, which is horrible, but it is the good old Duke where we left it. Maybe it's me who lives almost of nostalgia, but I've found that the game hits the spot and gives Duke a good game. I honestly don't know what people were expecting. Maybe too much as always.

Grab the gun, get in the fight and kill those damn aliens and save our chicks !
  25. Jan 14, 2014
    This game is not as bad as people say -- it's certainly not a 2 out of 10. Now I know it's not the best game ever, but it's fun, if you like the Duke Nukem series. Although I can see why it gets such a low rating. The humor is very offensive and sexist, plus there's swearing.
  26. Jan 12, 2014
    Un juego Bastante entretenido, que tardo en llegar, un poco raro la jugabilidad con respecto a la versión original o el primero pero sin duda un clásico cumplido, buenos diseños de monstruos niveles y graficos, aunque un poco corto ojala haya venido junto con su dlc who cloned me, aun asi se realizo un buen trabajo, quede satisfecho pero debería de haber salido un par de años antes yUn juego Bastante entretenido, que tardo en llegar, un poco raro la jugabilidad con respecto a la versión original o el primero pero sin duda un clásico cumplido, buenos diseños de monstruos niveles y graficos, aunque un poco corto ojala haya venido junto con su dlc who cloned me, aun asi se realizo un buen trabajo, quede satisfecho pero debería de haber salido un par de años antes y habría cautivado 100% a mas de los fans. Expand
  27. Jan 2, 2014
    I walked into this game having only played a few minutes of any previous alterations but I have got to say it was pretty fantastic. Duke himself is voiced by the great Jon St. John.

If you like humor and FPS games this is a sure purchase because of how cheap it is now.
  28. Dec 28, 2013
    Im one guy more to say :
    Good multiplayer fun,
    responsive and good feeling of controls. Many underrated ideas would have modern today gamecompany huge balls to have in the released game duke has to have balls! For what happened in development process, and we are happy to have tis at all gotta forgive the graphics, but i say i see many nice inventions in models. Does actually feel
    Im one guy more to say :
    Good multiplayer fun,
    responsive and good feeling of controls.
    Does actually feel like a Duke Nukem game,
    and the sounds and voice acting is Duke enough said
  29. Dec 7, 2013
    I expected a bit more from a remake of what use to be a good game. The weapon system is a bit jacked but the worst of it comes when you try to find your way around. I've been playing FPS since the 90's and although I do find myself lost from time to time... in duke nukem you'll be lost most of the time. Poor level design can really make for break a game.
  30. Nov 27, 2013
    Horrible this game is...The only thing keeping it from getting a 0 or a 1 is the beginning. You get this whole huge thing of looking back at the old game and I like that. Other than that I'm sorry to say this but....you will have a better time playing Call Of Duty:Black Ops II. Witch itself is a really bad game...
  31. Nov 24, 2013
    This is an example that not only humor, graphics and some hot women model is the only important in a Duke Nukem Game, I bet the cancelled 2001 game would be better than this one.
  32. Nov 15, 2013
    I really liked this game. Indicated for everybody that play a classic Duke Nukem. The variety of every level is very good. But the level 3 that Duke is shotting in aliens that try leave yours spaceships is amazing.
  33. Nov 9, 2013
    There is something wrong here... I don't mean the horrendously long development time and all the jokes its suffered over the years... but the game that we ended up getting.

It seems like 3d realms just took some idea from the previous game (duketalk, enemies and weapons) and did nothing to improve on it. Same enemies and same weapons, only difference is, Duke has more to say this time around.

Everything new like Regenerating health & 2 weapon limitation,
    just seems to me that who ever made this thing forgot what made Duke great. It was the multilayered level design! Here theres no secrets to find or optional routes to take.
    2 weapon limitation makes certain weapons useless because you need 1 that has decent ammunition as well as one that fires explosives to take on bosses. Guns like the shrink ray will see zero use... not to mention less guns means LESS FUN.
    Then theres things like Duke commenting on how the Power Armor from master chief is for yet Duke health regenerates like power armor. Retarded.
    Duke says "I hate valve puzzles", yet we are forced to do them anyway.
    Then theres the lame turret sections.

They had a good idea with the Ego health system in Manhattan project, that they could have expanded upon.. find new and interesting ways to give Duke health, like for executions, headshots, for finding secrets/saving babes, freezing enemies and shattering them, or squashing a shrunken enemies, blow them up into gibs could give bigger ego boosts... drinkin beer & punching enemies in the face... instead they just gave us health regeneration & said 'that'll do'.

Heres what we ended up with:

+High level of interactivity
    +Hearing Dukes voice again, and boy does he have alot more to say this time around
    +A few vehicle sections where fun although would have preffered to shoot and drive at once
    +Average storyline with some jokes that are funny while others are hit and miss.

-Linear & bland level design
    -functional but bland gameplay
    -Health regeneration ruins what challenge it could have had
    -2 weapon limitation
    -Really bad puzzles that feel out of place
    -Lame turret sections
    -Unplayable mini games, something as simple as pinball barely works
    -The 4 new weapons are some generic alien ones
    -Only one new boss
    -No Jetpack in single player

+A recently released patch allows for Duke to carry 4 weapons. So thank god Gearbox came to their senses, but even so, it feels like only a SDK can save this game.

Now that Gearbox has conveniently given Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded guys (Interceptor Entertainment) the go ahead to release their title (after they have already moved on) now that DNF isn't selling DLC anymore, it just seems like our only hope for a good dukenukem game is up in the air.

I'm disappointed in Gearbox for not giving DNF enough development time, and 3d Realms for wasting so many years making a rather average shooter that any professional development studio could have made in 2 years, and probably would have been better than what we got.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    Wait, this is the culmination of 15 years work? No wonder Duke Nukem is a dead franchise. The graphics are mediocre at best, and I'm not even a "grafix whore" and the gameplay is simultaneously too much like Duke 3D and not enough like Duke 3D. Let me try to explain: the gunplay comes ripped from 1996 and feels weak. There's no satisfaction in killing anyone, but the map design is straightWait, this is the culmination of 15 years work? No wonder Duke Nukem is a dead franchise. The graphics are mediocre at best, and I'm not even a "grafix whore" and the gameplay is simultaneously too much like Duke 3D and not enough like Duke 3D. Let me try to explain: the gunplay comes ripped from 1996 and feels weak. There's no satisfaction in killing anyone, but the map design is straight out of games like Medal of Honor. There's no cleverness to the way the maps work. They're boring. Wolfenstein 3D had more interesting maps and they didn't even have the benefit of a 3rd axis.

Speaking of cleverness, the game simply isn't funny. While there was a certain charm in Duke Nukem 3D (It helps that that game wasn't awful), it wears off fast here. It's so self-indulgent, it almost made me vomit. Also, I'm all for "offensive humor", but the way this game treats women is sickening. It's like the Gearbox staff have never talked to real women (which wouldn't surprise me). I give it one point for not giving me an STD.
  35. Oct 16, 2013
    This game had me waiting for years. I desperately wanted to like this as much as I did Duke 3d, but sadly I can't. The game wasn't as fun as I hoped and I seem to feel it strayed away from the Duke "feel". The graphics were already outdated on release(Not saying they are terrible) and the level design seemed boring and felt rushed. I really hate to say this about a game with Duke Nukem inThis game had me waiting for years. I desperately wanted to like this as much as I did Duke 3d, but sadly I can't. The game wasn't as fun as I hoped and I seem to feel it strayed away from the Duke "feel". The graphics were already outdated on release(Not saying they are terrible) and the level design seemed boring and felt rushed. I really hate to say this about a game with Duke Nukem in the title but I was very disappointed with the release. Expand
  36. Sep 29, 2013
    Juego bastante sólido, apesar de que en la mitad se aleja de entornos divertidos y originales y se mete en las cavernas y fábricas de siempre. No es mal juego, dura 6 horas en fácil y es disfrutable.
  37. Sep 3, 2013
    EVERYTHING is wrong with this game, the puzzles, the controversy, the game play, the jokes. If you're sadistic and want a rough ride in hell, play this horrible piece of horse dung. This game deserves nothing, an hour into this game is an hour lost. Poor dated graphics poor physics (and puzzles) and really crap aiming are just a few of the many existent problems with this game. AVOID at all cost.
  38. Sep 1, 2013
    I might be one of the few who really enjoyed this. This isn't a perfect Duke Nukem game by far not, nor does it give that classic feel, but it is Duke in a way that i'd enjoy seeing him in a modern time. The gameplay copies other games from the HUD look, to the limited weapons you can carry, but it's solid in terms of being playable, and good enough the get through. The graphics are parI might be one of the few who really enjoyed this. This isn't a perfect Duke Nukem game by far not, nor does it give that classic feel, but it is Duke in a way that i'd enjoy seeing him in a modern time. The gameplay copies other games from the HUD look, to the limited weapons you can carry, but it's solid in terms of being playable, and good enough the get through. The graphics are par considering the standards expected, but fair enough over the PS2/Xbox level. This game only lacks from mostly over expectations of high-end reviews and fans.Is it perfect? NO!!! Is it fun? Yes! It really is if given an open minded chance. I went in with just wanting to play Duke Nukem, and I got it! My only (odd) gripe... Duke works alone. He doesn't need a supporting cast as the game pushed you with. Expand
  39. Jul 29, 2013
    A below-average shooter game. It does have some fun minigames inside (physics puzzles), and the designers strive hard to make the game as varied as possible. But everything together just doesn't seem to work. I also didn't like this sort of humor which seems to be the main thing about the Duke Nukem brand. There is nothing cool about it, it's rather annoying and makes me ask if americansA below-average shooter game. It does have some fun minigames inside (physics puzzles), and the designers strive hard to make the game as varied as possible. But everything together just doesn't seem to work. I also didn't like this sort of humor which seems to be the main thing about the Duke Nukem brand. There is nothing cool about it, it's rather annoying and makes me ask if americans really are that stupid to like this? I am sure they are not. Expand
  40. ERB
    Jul 24, 2013
    I like it you can do anything!
  41. Jul 13, 2013
    I thought this was actually a very bad game considering the reviews but I liked it lot (except for end bosses, but I don't like those in any game). It has much of the same humor as the old duke3d game but pretty good graphics. Not much to say about game play, like any FPS you shoot, blow etc. through a level and at the end there is the end boss.
  42. Jul 1, 2013
    Im a fan of duke nukem 3d, but dnf is really garbage it lost all essence, not recommended its boring and not cool in anyway, for me it was finished and released only to make some money
  43. Jun 25, 2013
    game-play looks worse than in the trailers 2001 2003 2006, graphics are so bad that I want to cry, the physics of the game is terrible. Level design in the game is terrible.
  44. Jun 18, 2013
    A terrible game, Ive never really seen much to go by in the duke nukem franchise but this game just takes the piss. The story is just bad, the game play is boring the missions are boring, the humor is.....well is it even supposed to be funny. The only reason I gave this game a score higher than 0 was that the little bits added in were actually not bad and take me back to the old days ofA terrible game, Ive never really seen much to go by in the duke nukem franchise but this game just takes the piss. The story is just bad, the game play is boring the missions are boring, the humor is.....well is it even supposed to be funny. The only reason I gave this game a score higher than 0 was that the little bits added in were actually not bad and take me back to the old days of gaming still not enough to make me want to waste my time with this crap though Expand
  45. May 31, 2013
    This is Duke Nukem all over, the style, theme, girls, his voice, his attitude and the whole game. Yes it is dated for it's time and the physics are abit off but this game is fun! People are so critical and had such expectations though Duke is a mid 90's style game, what did they really expect? Lots of fun, definitely recommended if you love a casual shooter. Not recommended for die hard FPS fans.
  46. Mar 29, 2013
    A great classic Duke romp. The reason it gets so much hate, is because expecations are far too high because of the very extended dev time. This is a triple A game and deserves that respect. Great fun. decent graphics by todays standards.
  47. Mar 23, 2013
    This game was great. A lot of interest in it for example to increase the ego, you can add a lot of things, like if you smoke, have sex, etc.. I do not understand why you are scolding the program. But I understand the artwork, but they could not have been better bring out a more than 10-year graphic engine (Unreal Engine 1).
  48. Mar 22, 2013
    Such a terrible game. There are so many wrongs with this game, i can't list them all. Read the other negative reviews and you'll get why this game is bad. The only time i remotely enjoyed myself was using the shotgun to blast piggies in the face, and even that happens rarely. Stay away from this, please.
  49. Feb 12, 2013
    Was the 15+ years of wait worth it?...hell to the no! DNF should of came out 10 years ago and should be playing duke nukem 6 by now, but thanks to the fat lazy of george, joe, and scott, we will all die knowing that will never happen. but i digress. see thou as the game is glitchy, inferior graphics, poor taste in humor, and a small hint of promoting Misogyny, it still sticks the middleWas the 15+ years of wait worth it?...hell to the no! DNF should of came out 10 years ago and should be playing duke nukem 6 by now, but thanks to the fat lazy of george, joe, and scott, we will all die knowing that will never happen. but i digress. see thou as the game is glitchy, inferior graphics, poor taste in humor, and a small hint of promoting Misogyny, it still sticks the middle finger at todays shooters. DNF paces it self good, a good hand full of mini games, so it's not all bad really. Expand
  50. Jan 27, 2013
    I did like playing DNF, Duke's awesome lines and the story, while predictable, was pretty entertaining, most of it being through comedy, however I didn't like the fact that you couldn't aim down the sight of your gun, some of the levels were quite ridiculous and took really long to complete/figure out what to do, it didn't feel like a 2011 game at all, it was great only as a self-parody.
  51. Jan 12, 2013
    Great game, nice to play, good multyplay, lovely character it is simple and has action, has nice enemys and I want more, please make a new Duke Nukem game, now do in sandbox style, like Farcry 3 and Dead Island, please, dont going to do a linear game again, the game could be better, if it was exploration with maps, principal missions and side quest. The rest of it, is a rockroll game.Great game, nice to play, good multyplay, lovely character it is simple and has action, has nice enemys and I want more, please make a new Duke Nukem game, now do in sandbox style, like Farcry 3 and Dead Island, please, dont going to do a linear game again, the game could be better, if it was exploration with maps, principal missions and side quest. The rest of it, is a rockroll game. Nice to play. Expand
  52. Jan 3, 2013
    Ok, this is ABSOLUTELY not what the fans were expecting, but it's actually not THAT bad. There are many flaws, like the fact that the single-player is full of useless things, the health (ego) recharges by itself, you can carry only 2 weapons and there is for sure not so much action like in Duke Nukem 3D. But it's fun to play. The multiplayer was not designed for competitiveness, but forOk, this is ABSOLUTELY not what the fans were expecting, but it's actually not THAT bad. There are many flaws, like the fact that the single-player is full of useless things, the health (ego) recharges by itself, you can carry only 2 weapons and there is for sure not so much action like in Duke Nukem 3D. But it's fun to play. The multiplayer was not designed for competitiveness, but for having fun when you have nothing to do, in fact, everybody can kill everybody.

In other words, if you want to kick asses, play Duke Nukem 3D. If you want to laugh, and not engage yourself, play Duke Nukem Forever.
  53. Dec 30, 2012
    This was the game that taught me never to pre-order a game again.

This was the game that taught me never to pre-order a game again.

The AI in this game is awful--you can watch a series of identical enemies jump in the scene from the exact same location, follow the same path, behaving the same way, jumping at the same point in the path, etc. Game development has progressed passed this point, and this game's mechanics feel very dated. The juvenile humor in this is no longer cute; it just seems pointless. I loved the original Duke MP, and I was hopeful that the multiplayer was going to be this version's saving grace. Nope. There is something that just off about it. The fact that everyone is Duke is also unfortunate.
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is not even comparable to Duke Nukem 3D. The game doesn't have action, or it has it in very little portions, because it's based on **** around.
  55. Dec 4, 2012
    dis gfame was lkie awesome in lkie eveary way d00d but i didnt like thae sotry parts because i think story es stupid d00d but c0d is better in like every way d00d
  56. Dec 2, 2012
    After playing the originals in the series when they were first released I can say that this episode of the series was true to the original as far as comedy, crudeness, and innuendo. That being said, the game mechanics were pretty bad considering the amount of time spend in development. It isn't a terrible game, but it certainly didn't bring the duke back in style.
  57. Nov 23, 2012
    Really? We waited 20 something years for this steaming pile of code and graphics? What a way to totally destroy a franchise gifted to you. *golf claps*
  58. Nov 13, 2012
    Duke Nukem Forever is a nod to the heyday of 1990 gaming. Fans of the franchise should enjoy and appreciate the game for what it is, everyone else will either love it or hate it. GearBox got the game right, the problem is the game industry has changed and many people will be unwilling to accept Duke Nukem's rude, crude, misogynist attitude. In my eyes, this game is perfect.
  59. Oct 25, 2012
    Amazing f**king game way more of an improvement than the ps3 and xbox
  60. Oct 17, 2012
    I can't understand why Duke Nukem Forever received a score this high. The game is aweful is just playing like its full of **** in it. I DONT UNDERSTAND DARN YOU DUKE
  61. Oct 8, 2012
    I never played the classic Duke Nukem games, but I heard about how good they were so I decided to get this, seeing it was Duke Nukem. The gameplay is linear indeed, lots of sleaze and nudity, and Duke's commentary. The start of the game felt like some sort of celebrity simulator, The alien animation is rather retarded, the Pigcops jump at you and slide in the same position against yourI never played the classic Duke Nukem games, but I heard about how good they were so I decided to get this, seeing it was Duke Nukem. The gameplay is linear indeed, lots of sleaze and nudity, and Duke's commentary. The start of the game felt like some sort of celebrity simulator, The alien animation is rather retarded, the Pigcops jump at you and slide in the same position against your player model. Your health or 'ego' recharges very quickly making the game too easy. At times it feels like playing a Half Life game, especially in the mine -_-

Still a fun game, nothing new about it
  62. Sep 28, 2012
    I came in expecting nothing, having never played the original doom. Let me start off by saying that the game is definitely "badass,' the GUI is interesting and looks great. But the gameplay? It reminds me of the programming work that Infinity Ward put into MW3. They obviously didn't put any good development into this game, it feels rushed. I don't enjoy it, although I enjoyed the first DLCI came in expecting nothing, having never played the original doom. Let me start off by saying that the game is definitely "badass,' the GUI is interesting and looks great. But the gameplay? It reminds me of the programming work that Infinity Ward put into MW3. They obviously didn't put any good development into this game, it feels rushed. I don't enjoy it, although I enjoyed the first DLC (Black Ops themed) It has some humor, although some of it gets bland after some time.
    The great thing though, my 8 year old nephew enjoys this game. Money well spent! $10.00 from summer sale.
  63. Sep 25, 2012
    Some bad trolling and snobbery on Metacritic, this game was ok it didn't deserve the thrashing it got, its not a great game ....but 54? Come on guys you're trolling now. It's streamlined to hell like most other console FPS shooters these days and i pretty much just moved forward and pressed fire the whole game to win it....But thats how most of these new shiny wrapper no content games areSome bad trolling and snobbery on Metacritic, this game was ok it didn't deserve the thrashing it got, its not a great game ....but 54? Come on guys you're trolling now. It's streamlined to hell like most other console FPS shooters these days and i pretty much just moved forward and pressed fire the whole game to win it....But thats how most of these new shiny wrapper no content games are now....why pick on Duke lol, the rest are just as bad. I can't play FPS games much anymore its like my brain starts to devolve back to a primal state they are so dumbed down and simple, atleast Duke has breasts to keep my attention...and well another complaint the game was too short, another casualty of the new age of bimbo games, the original had 3 chapters all larger than the whole single player campaign it its entirety.
    But like i said it deserves better than 54...thats just trololol. Same for Mass Effect3 it got destroyed by the fans for some minor faults...tbh i just think some people are NEVER satisfied or impartial.
  64. Aug 13, 2012
    They said that the game was the worst game of the year, but for my surprise, when I played the game, I said to myself, "This is really Duke Nukem", I have had played some fps, but Duke Forever, brought me a lot of fun, is really nice kill enemys in Duke Nukem Forever, Great and large bosses, and now you can carry 4 guns, tripmines, pipbombs and holoduke. DLC The Doctor who Cloned Me isThey said that the game was the worst game of the year, but for my surprise, when I played the game, I said to myself, "This is really Duke Nukem", I have had played some fps, but Duke Forever, brought me a lot of fun, is really nice kill enemys in Duke Nukem Forever, Great and large bosses, and now you can carry 4 guns, tripmines, pipbombs and holoduke. DLC The Doctor who Cloned Me is bettert than original game. Multyplay is the best in your style. Very injust the original notes for this game. Play the game for yourself and give your opinion. Recomended. Expand
  65. Jul 31, 2012
    Definitely a good **** shooter! Yeah, yeah, I know it took like 15 years to release it and the game could have been better, but **** Do you people have any idea what 3D Realms had to go through to release this **** game? I accept it as it is because it is still a good game, it's a refreshing shooter because it isn't too modern for me like most shooters being released nowadays.
    And 3D
    And 3D Realms are still releasing patches till this day to improve what they can, you can carry more guns, more graphics options, and increased performance and much more goodies.
    People, please don't be so **** close minded.
  66. Jul 30, 2012
    Duke nukem forever is not a bad game, its just pretty generic.The duke charm is there and does set it apart from other games but everything else from weapon design to enemy design screams of generic fps. There is some nice level design in here but i never goes full duke. Heck the game even has the modern two weapon limit. Pick this one up for a cheap price if you feel like playing aDuke nukem forever is not a bad game, its just pretty generic.The duke charm is there and does set it apart from other games but everything else from weapon design to enemy design screams of generic fps. There is some nice level design in here but i never goes full duke. Heck the game even has the modern two weapon limit. Pick this one up for a cheap price if you feel like playing a mindless shooter for a couple of hours otherwise you should stay away. Expand
  67. Jul 24, 2012
    you can actually tell what game was popular at the time a given section of this game was designed because of how transparently it tries to rip it off, only to abandon that a few minutes later for a different game. The PC port is buggy and I experienced constant freezing, the single player is a lot less intense while limited to only two weapons at a time, and even the multiplayer is ayou can actually tell what game was popular at the time a given section of this game was designed because of how transparently it tries to rip it off, only to abandon that a few minutes later for a different game. The PC port is buggy and I experienced constant freezing, the single player is a lot less intense while limited to only two weapons at a time, and even the multiplayer is a mediocre experience, which is not something you'd expect from a multiplayer game with shrink rays, freezing guns, and rocket launchers. Expand
  68. Jul 23, 2012
    Duke Nukem Forever's (DNF) single-player campaign was a lot of fun because of the colorful and interesting environments and Duke's crass, over-the-top, sex humor. Composite score of 6.375/10 (turn off Depth of Field, and I upgrade to 7.375/10). [This review contains information pertaining to the DLC "The Doctor Who Cloned Me" as well. In general, it felt much more polished andDuke Nukem Forever's (DNF) single-player campaign was a lot of fun because of the colorful and interesting environments and Duke's crass, over-the-top, sex humor. Composite score of 6.375/10 (turn off Depth of Field, and I upgrade to 7.375/10). [This review contains information pertaining to the DLC "The Doctor Who Cloned Me" as well. In general, it felt much more polished and consistent within itself. If you do buy the game, I highly recommend this DLC. You can skip the multiplayer DLC though.] **Entertainment value: 7/10** I went into DNF thinking it was a shooter satire or self-parody rather than a serious attempt at a modern shooter, and that worked really well. Is that what 3D Realms planned back in 1998 when they began this project? I'm not sure, but it's how it feels now. Duke's rude humor and the silly environments carry the game. The humor is very, very adult. Lots of sexual jokes and imagery. It's definitely not a game you'd want your mother to watch you playing. Also, some of the jokes are from the 1990s (Bill Clinton) while others are more contemporary (Leroy Jenkins). So, it's a strange mixture, but as a 35 yr-old, I laughed a lot while I played. The combat, however, was often pretty easy to complete on the Hard Difficulty. If you want serious, cutting-edge combat requiring advanced tactics, this is not the game for you. (More on that in Design and Gameplay below) **Graphics: 4/10** using in-game options only (8/10 if you turn off Depth of Field). Under Video Settings, the post-processing option turns on tone mapping, bloom, ambient occlusion, and depth of field (DoF). DoF is a blurring effect which is supposed to blur areas of the screen which should be out of focus such as objects deep in the background. However, Depth of Field is broken in DNF. When you have post-processing on, virtually everything is out of focus. It makes playing the game unbearable. But, if you turn post-processing off, you lose the other three effects which all make the game look nice. Thankfully, the 3rd party software, Flawless WS v1.0.12, can turn DoF off and leave the other effects on. This makes the game look like it should... really good. There's no advanced anti-aliasing (AA) methods (such as MSAA) within the game, so you're left with either no AA or two lesser AA methods (FSAA or FXAA). I used FXAA (Nvidia's shader AA method), and it was decent, but I definitely wished I could have MSAA x8 many times. In DNF specifically, the graphics seemed to be a jumble of textures and styles from 1998-2010. Sometimes, they didn't feel coherent. Some elements looked excellent (tentacles using bump-mapping). Most looked good. Nothing looked bad. I really think if early players and reviewers had been able to play on PC without DoF on, the graphics comments would have been much more positive. In the "Doctor" DLC, the graphical appearance is coherent, and I think it looks nearly excellent. It's as though the developers took the best graphics style of the base game and followed that level of work throughout the DLC. **Sound: 8/10** I didn't score a 10 here, because there was nothing ground-breaking. But, the game had very solid sound and music. I played using analog connections to my 5.1 speaker set, so I can't talk about the digital out sound the game can use. My experience was very positive. I noticed no bad sound artifacts or cut-outs. The surround worked as expected. The sounds of items and vehicles felt like they matched the objects they were supposed to emanate from. The music used a lot of the themes from the older games. **Design and Gameplay: 7/10** DNF felt like a jumble of disparate ideas forced into a story with the ultimate goal being finally getting the game out of the door rather than creating a solid story. While in development from 1998 to 2010, the developers had many great ideas for gags and events for the single-player campaign and often made playable versions of these events. I believe when the game finally got the green light, the latest developers created a story and mushed together versions of the best gags into the campaign. This made many elements feel like they didn't fit well... they were fun individually but are not organic to each other. The "Doctor" DLC felt very coherent, and it seemed like it was written first and built after. The play design is from the circle-strafe era of shooters, so no firing from cover like in current shooters. There were many mini-games and puzzles which had nothing to do with the story, but they added some fun flavor. The games included pinball, air hockey, pool, video poker, and video slots. **Game Length 7/10** I believe a $60 game incorporating a multiplayer side should provide at least 20 hours of single-player content. For DNF, expect about a 14 hr campaign if you do all of the mini-games. Maybe 12 hours without. The "Doctor" DLC took me about 4 hrs to complete. Fairly solid. Expand
  69. Jul 21, 2012
    DNF gets a lot of bad reviews... Those guys haven't understood The Duke. Duke Nukem is all about over the top comments during a brutal shoot'em up. This is indeed the game i was waiting for, having played DN1, 2 & 3D as a kid. If you want CoD, go and play that, and get off my lawn! The Duke is for people wanting to kick ass, and possibly chew bubblegum. Period.
  70. Jul 17, 2012
    It's true, the gamplay is not terrible.
    Purpose we laugh, just for that I would put 9 because it's been a game I had not done as much fun.
    If you're a fan of humor you'll love!
  71. Jul 17, 2012
    Das Spiel ist einfach richtig funny , ich mag den multiplayer sehr :) der einzelplayer ist auch ganz gut :)
    aber mir fehlt im spiel die gewisse würze darum vergebe ich dem Spiel 7 Gute Punkte :)
  72. Jul 16, 2012
    So, no...it wasn't worth the wait. It has a very old school vibe to it all, but you know what? It was a hell of a lot of fun. There are some broken bits here and there, some levels look really nice and some not so great, but the sense of fun and solid game play add up to a lot of fun. I finished it on Hard and played with NVIDIA 3D and I had a great time. There is some really niceSo, no...it wasn't worth the wait. It has a very old school vibe to it all, but you know what? It was a hell of a lot of fun. There are some broken bits here and there, some levels look really nice and some not so great, but the sense of fun and solid game play add up to a lot of fun. I finished it on Hard and played with NVIDIA 3D and I had a great time. There is some really nice puzzle aspects and platform aspects that are missing from most modern shooters that harken back to an age where games tried to kick your ass and didn't hold your hand.
    The games biggest fault is a lack of consistency to the quality which is likely the result of so many hands in the development. I picked it up on the cheap, so that certainly factors in to the expectations, but I think people who previously enjoyed Duke games will enjoy Duke Nuken Forever and new players will certainly have a fun time. Props to everyone involved that got this to market. I look forward to more adventure with Duke as long as I don't have to wait more than another decade.
  73. Jul 13, 2012
    DNF may not be a bad game but it's really a bad duke nukem game. But still have to thank Gearbox for finishing this game although it's more of a nightmare. First, all the weapons feel like crap. None of the awesome weapons in the Duke Nukem 3d feel powerful in this game except railgun maybe. and you can only equip two weapons at a time. so most time you just have to run and gun like inDNF may not be a bad game but it's really a bad duke nukem game. But still have to thank Gearbox for finishing this game although it's more of a nightmare. First, all the weapons feel like crap. None of the awesome weapons in the Duke Nukem 3d feel powerful in this game except railgun maybe. and you can only equip two weapons at a time. so most time you just have to run and gun like in most generic FPS. I mean it just does not feel like Duke nukem at all. The level design is not good either. Most encounters feel like playing a standard call of duty game which I clearly do not like. The only thing they manage to keep the theme of Duke Nukem with cheesy jokes. Overall this game is fun a few hours but quickly fun factors just fade away then it became a mediocre modern FPS. 3 out of 10. Expand
  74. Jul 8, 2012
    I was just really, really disappointed. I have played the Duke Nukem PC games since Duke 1, through Duke 3D and now Forever. The game is kind of funny sometimes, but the humour wears out really quickly, and the frustrating combat mechanics and lack of save game feature made me put it down. I played for about 90 minutes, and I think I'm done trying to like it.

Just, meh. I really want my

Just, meh. I really want my $20 bucks back. If you can get it on sale for $5 or maybe $10 and you really liked the other games a lot, then maybe check it out. Otherwise, don't bother. I wish I had preserved the fantasy that DNF would be really funny and fun to play.
  75. Jun 6, 2012
    The king is back in Duke Nukem Forever! The game is in my opinion a very fun game that captures the duke nukem feel greatly. The game visuall isnt very impressive, it could easily pass for a ps2 game sadly. But at the end of the day its still duke and it dilevers in a amazing way. I would recommened it to any fan of fps games!
  76. Jun 5, 2012
    The humour was totally mis-judged, took what was a great aspect of the original 3d and totally blew it. The game itself was pretty "Meh", but I was cringing throughout at the unfunny jokes and the incredibly over-use of catchphrases. Killed what should have been ace, and certainly had all the hype and buildup of something worthwhile. Shame on the developers.
  77. Jun 4, 2012
    AN SERIOUS EPIC FAIL GAMEPLAY ..... ODD VISUALS..WEAK DRIVING MECHANICS AND SHOOTING AND EPIC!!.."FAILED" PLOT .. Sorry to say but ... "King just fail to impress baby"
  78. Jun 3, 2012
    An interesting game, in my opinion better than the project 15 years ago, recently bought a CD with a retro - games, all set and the first thing started to play Duke Nukem 3D, graphics are not terrible, and the plot, or what I do not understand
  79. May 29, 2012
    When DNF was released it was challenged by various lawsuits for the serious problems the game had with the STEAM network. (Extracting credit card info and private info from the user) Its a very bad ONLINE GAME and had some untested bugs that left the buyer who spent $50 during the first release unable to play the game unless it was connected to the internet. It was QA tested by a veryWhen DNF was released it was challenged by various lawsuits for the serious problems the game had with the STEAM network. (Extracting credit card info and private info from the user) Its a very bad ONLINE GAME and had some untested bugs that left the buyer who spent $50 during the first release unable to play the game unless it was connected to the internet. It was QA tested by a very unprofessional and not very smart team of bumbling bird brains in Dublin who did everything possible to put out legal fires. I simply got my money back and behind the store counter was a PILE of returned copies of the PC version of DNF. If you tried to ask the company why they didn't advertise it as an ONLINE game, they delete your account or don't answer you. What a terrible release that was so long in the waiting. Expand
  80. May 27, 2012
    The most annoying game I've played for ten years. My rating: -10. Extremely annoying jump and run parts stopped me from playing the game to the finish.
  81. May 16, 2012
    Ugg mistakenly gave this thing a 10 out 10.. re-submitted.

This pos is so bad and is mostly just boring. I suppose this is the reason why G Broussard didn't get it out the door, even changing engines couldn't help this train wreck. All the negative reviews are true, avoid.
  82. May 14, 2012
    No, this is definitely not a "good" game but it isn't as bad as people say it is. The story is very simple. Aliens invades planet. Duke saves planet. But story isn't what Gearbox was aiming for. They were aiming for a funny and quirky game. I had fun through the campaign and still play the multiplayer occasinally and this is simply because the game is fun. stupid, messed up fun. Yeah, youNo, this is definitely not a "good" game but it isn't as bad as people say it is. The story is very simple. Aliens invades planet. Duke saves planet. But story isn't what Gearbox was aiming for. They were aiming for a funny and quirky game. I had fun through the campaign and still play the multiplayer occasinally and this is simply because the game is fun. stupid, messed up fun. Yeah, you can go pick up poop from the toilet and throw it around. Yeah, you can pee in the urinal for hours and hours to your heart's content. Yeah, you can go to a strip club and watch some pixelated strippers shake their booties. But that's what Gearbox intended and I they think they did a damn good job of making this an entertaining game. That said, is this an amazing game? no. Is it a fun game? yes. Should you pick it up? It all depends on your cup of tea. If you want a game you can just chill and play through with a few laughs along the way, then yes..this is the game for you. Expand
  83. May 7, 2012
    The game that time forgot. Firstly this game is not as bad as others suggest. Yes its not deep and yes its very sexist - but this is Duke Nukem, right? PC got blown out the window with a shotgun. However it does seem to be lacking some focus. Its overly long and the actual minutes are not as gripping as they should be. Duke seems to have not seen many movies this side of the millennium,The game that time forgot. Firstly this game is not as bad as others suggest. Yes its not deep and yes its very sexist - but this is Duke Nukem, right? PC got blown out the window with a shotgun. However it does seem to be lacking some focus. Its overly long and the actual minutes are not as gripping as they should be. Duke seems to have not seen many movies this side of the millennium, which makes it hard to keep it fresh. However it is a dirty secret that it's quite fun just being a 12 year old again, and this game does that in spades. Expand
  84. May 4, 2012
    I don't understand the Critic's reviews. This has too much of a low rating. The fact that Duke Nukem 3D is meant to be appreciated and understood first before playing Forever, the reviews written have been pretty unfair. Duke Nukem Forever is a great game, amazing graphics and has kept the ideas coming of funny monsters, easy gameplay, great jokes and lots of fun. I recommend it to everyone.
  85. Apr 16, 2012
    Wasted time...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  86. Apr 14, 2012
    La mayor parte del tiempo no me aburri para nada. Pense que por la calificacion iva a ser una mala compra mia pero al jugar por un buen rato pense todo lo contrario. Me han dicho que se quejan mucho por los graficos (ultimamente a la mayoria les importa unicamente los graficos que lo demas), verdaderamente es una estupidez que digan eso, a los juegos se los valoran por el entretenimientoLa mayor parte del tiempo no me aburri para nada. Pense que por la calificacion iva a ser una mala compra mia pero al jugar por un buen rato pense todo lo contrario. Me han dicho que se quejan mucho por los graficos (ultimamente a la mayoria les importa unicamente los graficos que lo demas), verdaderamente es una estupidez que digan eso, a los juegos se los valoran por el entretenimiento que ofrecen. Expand
  87. Apr 10, 2012
    CLASSIC! FOR THOSE OF USE WHO STILL LIKE OLD SCHOOL GAMING! It was a perfect blend of classic duke gameplay with nextgen tech. You can tell someone put some time into this title, unlike so many other games out there. I'm not complaining! And for all of those who are, better not let the Duke here ya!
  88. Apr 8, 2012
    Before the patch, I ranked this game a six. After the patch, this game is a nine and a must play. The difference between four guns to two guns, and the improved graphical capabilities of this game made a world of difference to me. Duke is still the same Duke, one-liner spewing, babe-loving, gun-toting badass, but it helps that the updated graphics brings it in line with more modern dayBefore the patch, I ranked this game a six. After the patch, this game is a nine and a must play. The difference between four guns to two guns, and the improved graphical capabilities of this game made a world of difference to me. Duke is still the same Duke, one-liner spewing, babe-loving, gun-toting badass, but it helps that the updated graphics brings it in line with more modern day shooters. I had a great time, and after 15 years, the wait was finally well worth it. I'll be picking up the Dr. Proton DLC when it goes on sale too. Must buy, must play. Do yourself a favour and get the PC version. Expand
  89. Apr 2, 2012
    Like everybody else, the hype got to me. I too remember the good times I had with Duke Nukem 3D back in the day in my parents basement. So, when they rolled out the trailers for this I pre-ordered and expected greatness. Why? Because I am dumb as a whistle apparently. The awful truth about this game however, is that it is horribly dated, rushed, badly designed and just plain boring. I didLike everybody else, the hype got to me. I too remember the good times I had with Duke Nukem 3D back in the day in my parents basement. So, when they rolled out the trailers for this I pre-ordered and expected greatness. Why? Because I am dumb as a whistle apparently. The awful truth about this game however, is that it is horribly dated, rushed, badly designed and just plain boring. I did not play more than a few hours before I finally came to terms with the fact that this game is really really bad. So, 2K Games and Take-Two Interactive has capitalized on the hype this game had, produced a really REALLY bad game - and lost me as a consumer for life. These guys deserve no respect. Duke Nukem is not back, he is in fact hiding at home with his face in his hands - thinking about this pile of dung with his name on it. Expand
  90. Mar 21, 2012
    Got this game from a Steam promotion and i was a bit disapointed with the very low overall score. Its extremely underrated, really, i had lots of fun with this game, Its Duke for God sake, one of the best characters ever and only 54? pfft. Well this game has a good gameplay with some okay graphics but what really enjoyed in this game is the interracion that we have and also the catchGot this game from a Steam promotion and i was a bit disapointed with the very low overall score. Its extremely underrated, really, i had lots of fun with this game, Its Duke for God sake, one of the best characters ever and only 54? pfft. Well this game has a good gameplay with some okay graphics but what really enjoyed in this game is the interracion that we have and also the catch phrases. The one thing i didnt like was the huge lag in the multiplayer, its was more like break dance than a multiplayer, but overall a 9 is what it gets from me. Hail to King Baby!!! Expand
  91. Mar 18, 2012
    So long waited and many times delayed sequel of the Duke Nukem's game is out here now. It's not perfect, but at least it got something that other game don't have - an unique character, a **** hero. An atmosphere is done well, you actually can feel yourself as "god" for every men and women in the city and of course for your lovely girls. A game begins with invasion of aliens and retiredSo long waited and many times delayed sequel of the Duke Nukem's game is out here now. It's not perfect, but at least it got something that other game don't have - an unique character, a **** hero. An atmosphere is done well, you actually can feel yourself as "god" for every men and women in the city and of course for your lovely girls. A game begins with invasion of aliens and retired Duke have to safe the world again. Story itself is good for a shooter, but it won't give you something deep. The graphics are average for todays games, you won't get displeased by it. Weapon choice is not big, but is enough to rip your enemy, also you can fight with your fists. There are some usable items like a beer, drugs that give you bonus to attack and etc. In some levels of the game you will have to get shrunk with help of shrunk machine and then overcome puzzles and obstacles to move forward on the game. It's fun to be shrunk, you can see all the items from different angle, which you wouldn't ever see, also the Duke's voice "shrunk" too. Driving a jeep is horrible, even if it gives a different gameplay, it's not worth it. The huge hog bosses are cool, that's what you hope to see in every game. But if want something more from this game, but it won't give you nothing more. The hard work not always provide a big success, that's what can be said about this game. Of course if you played old games of Duke Nukem's, don't miss this out too. Expand
  92. Mar 10, 2012
    Duke Nukem... As a kid, I was fascinated with Duke Nukem 3D, and it was easily my favorite game, and I can still say it is within my top 20 favorite games. So naturally, hearing that there would be another addition to the series, Duke Nukem Forever, I figured wow, another one!? I gotta play it. Years went by, and no word on its release, and I forgot about it, up until around mid 2010, whenDuke Nukem... As a kid, I was fascinated with Duke Nukem 3D, and it was easily my favorite game, and I can still say it is within my top 20 favorite games. So naturally, hearing that there would be another addition to the series, Duke Nukem Forever, I figured wow, another one!? I gotta play it. Years went by, and no word on its release, and I forgot about it, up until around mid 2010, when I again saw that it was being worked on. When the day finally came around for its release, I bought it right when it was available. Was it good? No. Was it bad? No. It was somewhere in the middle. While it had its good elements, such as classic one-liners, potty humor, and good first person combat and shooting mechanism, it lacked a driven story line, good multiplayer, and graphics (I'm not one for grading down on graphics, usually, but in this case, it was all created on the outdated Unreal 2.5 engine, which lowers my score for it a bit.) I was also disappointed to see it take the road of most modern First Person Shooters by, instead of having a health meter and requiring health powerups, gave Duke an "Ego" meter, which regenerates if no damage is taken for a short period of time. However, I did like the single player campaign. It was perfectly blended with the difficulty rising as the story progressed, and the campaign offered some good humor and pop cultural reference, just like in DN3D. Nice touch. So to sum it all up, Duke Nukem Forever is not a good or bad game, it is somewhere in the middle. Does it deserve a play through? Absolutely, give it a try. Expand
  93. Mar 10, 2012
    I can see why many reviews absolutely trash this game. I myself didn't really follow the 15 year development cycle and attached hype, but I can see how, when one waits so long for a game and it ends up being average at best, the fury of a long-time fan can be released.

Now, this certainly isn't Duke Nukem 3D by any means, nor is it a particularly great or even good game, nor is it innovative, but in the age of FPS games trying to emulate Call of Duty with little variation, it's a breath of fresh air... well, a breath of fresh air that's been sitting in a can since 2008 with a little bit of tweaking done to it three years later. While it may have taken a patch or three, the PC support is better than most modern games (even though the game was built for PC and ported *to* consoles...), with increased weapon limit, customisable FOV (50-90 if I remember right), actual, numerous, and functional graphics options, etc.

Despite the Halo 2-style health system (Ego = shields, non-visible health bar, both regenerate) that completely ruins the Halo joke in the game, checkpoint-only saving system, and the constant feeling of everything being pieced together from various builds of the game (though very little seems to date back to the 1998 and 2001 builds based on their respective trailers) in both graphics (such as some textures looking on par for a 2008 PC game and some looking on par for a 2003-2004 game) and gameplay, the end result is an average, even pretty fun at times that, while not worth the $50 launch price or the much pricier special editions, is well worth the $20 I see it go for these days.

I can't say anything about either of the DLC packs, having not purchased or played them myself, but the multiplayer map pack is questionable at best considering I doubt the player base is large enough to justify an extra $10.

To summarise, it's linear like most FPS games, but not to the extent of, say, Call of Sequel: Money Maker X. It's a mishmash of 12 years of shooter "evolution" thanks to George Brussard's desire to have every new little thing in his game. It retains the classic Duke 3D humour (albeit a bit more prevalent due to more memory/storage space than in the DOS days and, in some cases, more low-brow). It mixes some more "old-school" FPS elements such as puzzles, useless-but-fun interactivity, platforming (made easier by full-body first person view) with modern elements such as two weapon limit (raised to 4 on PC after a couple patches), regenerating health, forced checkpoint only saving, scripted FPV cutscenes. Despite some performance issues and many of the gameplay elements being lifted or inspired by console games, it maintains some of the best PC support I've seen out of many a modern multiplatform game. It's something different from the "interactive movie modern military shooter with awful multiplayer" norm. Last of all, it's actually pretty fun.
  94. Mar 9, 2012
    I think the metascore here is a little bit too harsh. This game is good fun, although it plays like Doom 3, is still a great game. Although the humour revolves around potty humour a bit too much, Duke Nukem Forever is a refreshing game in an age where we keep getting Call of Duty clones. I like how you can interact with everything (yes, even poo) and I also like the fast paced addictiveI think the metascore here is a little bit too harsh. This game is good fun, although it plays like Doom 3, is still a great game. Although the humour revolves around potty humour a bit too much, Duke Nukem Forever is a refreshing game in an age where we keep getting Call of Duty clones. I like how you can interact with everything (yes, even poo) and I also like the fast paced addictive combat. If it was released at the same time as Doom 3, this game would have been a shining star. This game is fun, and is greatly underrated by critics. Expand
  95. Mar 3, 2012
    one of the best games i have ever played. it breaks from the standard action game trend of "making you the hero" and gives the hero an actual personality and makes you feel like a straight up bad ass. environments,weapons and enemies are creative and varied as well as gameplay.the puns and jokes don't get old.the multiplayer seems well designed with a few modes and the penthouse that youone of the best games i have ever played. it breaks from the standard action game trend of "making you the hero" and gives the hero an actual personality and makes you feel like a straight up bad ass. environments,weapons and enemies are creative and varied as well as gameplay.the puns and jokes don't get old.the multiplayer seems well designed with a few modes and the penthouse that you can decorate that goes along with multiplayer isn't a bad touch however multiplayer is an acquired taste. Expand
  96. Feb 17, 2012
    To me, a 4 means below average. However I kind of enjoyed this game as a history lesson. After following this game for many years, it was actually kind of fun and interesting watching all that anticipation come to life. Even if it coming to life was underwhelming. It's also interesting watching years of development co-exist. Old blocky level design of 1997 meets some new age models, meetsTo me, a 4 means below average. However I kind of enjoyed this game as a history lesson. After following this game for many years, it was actually kind of fun and interesting watching all that anticipation come to life. Even if it coming to life was underwhelming. It's also interesting watching years of development co-exist. Old blocky level design of 1997 meets some new age models, meets a texture pack, meets some tweaks. Watching all these obvious things pile together into an uncomfortable but kind of quirky heap - was actually cool. What's not cool - however is the obscure nature a lot of the levels have been thrown together. The game is about 50% too long, it's like playing 3 bad first person shooters from 1997 thrown together into one package. All levels drag, and drag and drag again. The pacing is horrible. Also the jokes feel forced, and the level design is significantly inferior to duke nukem 3d. Multiplayer is also terrible, and it omits the fun co-op from duke nukem 3d as well. In the end, this was curious for me. However someone who has no ties to duke nukem forevers infinite development process should never play this. EVER. Expand
  97. Feb 17, 2012
    After reading the reviews I wasn't expecting much from this game, but I was curious, having enjoyed the original. I bought it recently, after the price had reduced quite considerably. OK so it didn't make you go wow, maybe like the original did, but I was pleasantly surprised because the game was a lot of fun to play, and yes, it did take you back to the sensations of the original Duke soAfter reading the reviews I wasn't expecting much from this game, but I was curious, having enjoyed the original. I bought it recently, after the price had reduced quite considerably. OK so it didn't make you go wow, maybe like the original did, but I was pleasantly surprised because the game was a lot of fun to play, and yes, it did take you back to the sensations of the original Duke so it was also a trip down memory lane. Expand
  98. Feb 14, 2012
    This game is a SOLID 7. It's plenty fun, entertaining and will keep you engaged. Certainly worth six bucks. I got the game and the DLC for about ten. The game is linear, but open. Fun shooter, decent graphics, not tedious. I don't like puzzles mixed in with my shooters, so I'm happy they kept it simple. Plus the game has the uninhibited eighties feel when chicks and bad languageThis game is a SOLID 7. It's plenty fun, entertaining and will keep you engaged. Certainly worth six bucks. I got the game and the DLC for about ten. The game is linear, but open. Fun shooter, decent graphics, not tedious. I don't like puzzles mixed in with my shooters, so I'm happy they kept it simple. Plus the game has the uninhibited eighties feel when chicks and bad language didn't get everyone's panties in a twist. Good job, Take Two. I'll be buying your next installment. I take points off for linear game play and short campaign length. Expand
  99. Feb 9, 2012
    This is in no way a good game, but how bad it is depends a lot on how you judge a game. If you think a game should only be judged by the gameplay itself, its now HORRIBLE, just run of the mill bad. But if you judge it on its development time, numerous delays, overhype, lackluster humor, dated graphics and most of all outright ruining of the character, than its one of the worst games of theThis is in no way a good game, but how bad it is depends a lot on how you judge a game. If you think a game should only be judged by the gameplay itself, its now HORRIBLE, just run of the mill bad. But if you judge it on its development time, numerous delays, overhype, lackluster humor, dated graphics and most of all outright ruining of the character, than its one of the worst games of the year. I judge on more of a mix between, I will admit I have seen worse when it comes to game mechanics, but the 13 year development time, the graphics and aesthetics and the self righteousness of the game make it so I can't help but call it the 2nd worst game of the year, only to be beaten by Modern Warfare 3 (for similar reasons, look up my review if you really care, and if it makes you feel better I'm sure BF3 was just as bad but I won't expose myself to that much **** in one year). So, no it is not the worst on a mechanical standpoint but that doesn't mean that anyone should ever buy this game because it is still bad. No one should ever enjoy this and a 50 dollar price tag makes it all the worse. Just do yourself a favor and stay away. Expand
  100. Feb 1, 2012
    I got it for free, and I think I paid too much for it. The animation is terrible, the levels are tiny, mobs shoot through solid objects. It's almost as if they sat down and thought how can we make the worst game ever? And then they created it.

1. Sep 12, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever would be quite decent if one felt entirely certain it's intended purely as a self-parody. As is, it doesn't do the expectations, the buyer or the Duke justice – oh, had he rather remained a vaporware legend!
  2. Aug 6, 2011
    Petty, nasty and anachronistic. Duke is only relevant as a warning from the past. Avoid these mistakes, developers. [Aug 2011, p.76]
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Bottom line: Duke Nukem Forever was not worth the 15-year wait, nor is it worth paying the full $50. However, I cannot deny that I thought it was both fun and funny, which at the end of the day is what this franchise is all about.