Dungeon Keeper 2 PC

8.8

1. Jul 28, 2012
    In the last 15 years I enjoyed this game the most. It was such a cozy world underground with a lot of unique species and the game was just always happy that you were there to play it. It shines of good humor. The bile demon was my favorite creature followed by the mistresses who gain level by training them in their torture chamber where they punish each other by using a whip on theIn the last 15 years I enjoyed this game the most. It was such a cozy world underground with a lot of unique species and the game was just always happy that you were there to play it. It shines of good humor. The bile demon was my favorite creature followed by the mistresses who gain level by training them in their torture chamber where they punish each other by using a whip on the other's ass or even by frying the other on a electric chair.... what a unique game this was ... I still think about every now and then...15 years after....... Expand
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    Along with Theme Hospital this is my favourite PC game of all time. I've played Half Life 2 (which is obviously incredible) and I have Diablo 3, but they just don't seem to give me the joy that Dungeon Keeper 2 gives me. It was a huge part of my childhood and maybe that's why I find it so good? Who knows, but what is certain is, even now in 2012, this game can be enjoyed by people of allAlong with Theme Hospital this is my favourite PC game of all time. I've played Half Life 2 (which is obviously incredible) and I have Diablo 3, but they just don't seem to give me the joy that Dungeon Keeper 2 gives me. It was a huge part of my childhood and maybe that's why I find it so good? Who knows, but what is certain is, even now in 2012, this game can be enjoyed by people of all ages and I hugely recommend trying your hardest to make this timeless classic work on your new Windows 8 laptop. Expand
  3. Feb 6, 2014
    After that incredible awful remake of the game in 2014 from EA I just thought how cool this game was. Damn you, moneymakers, Blizzard, EA, you simplify games over and over, you only think of profits, not of games.
  4. Apr 17, 2014
    I am playing DK 2 for the first time in 2014...it has better gameplay than many recent games and is highly addictive. With a small patch for better A.I behavior and high monitor resolution this game could be 10 out of 10.
  5. Feb 14, 2014
    Many of us just realized how wonderful this game was after playing the 2014 EA remake.... This is another really good game serie ruined by greedy corporations.
  6. Apr 21, 2012
    In skirmish and multiplayer modes the only creature you ever need to have in your army is the black knight. Would it have killed them to add a rock-paper-scissors mechanic? Apparently there's a bug that causes creatures attacking from the south to have an advantage. Campaign levels are repetitive: start small, get big army, destroy enemy. Combat strategy consists of picking your army up,In skirmish and multiplayer modes the only creature you ever need to have in your army is the black knight. Would it have killed them to add a rock-paper-scissors mechanic? Apparently there's a bug that causes creatures attacking from the south to have an advantage. Campaign levels are repetitive: start small, get big army, destroy enemy. Combat strategy consists of picking your army up, dropping them somewhere, casting call to arms then spamming heal until you run out of mana. The stun-after-drop mechanic is irritating; you can see why the developers put it in, to slow reinforcements down, but it makes the game less fun all the same. The imp AI is annoying; imps will ignore dying creatures in favour of going to claim some territory or reinforce a wall halfway across the map.

For all its flaws, though, this game still manages to be entertaining. The humour is brilliant, and while it's easy to pick holes in the gameplay, it's by no means unbearably bad. I've had plenty of fun with it, and the fact I still want to finish the campaign is testament to its charm. The fundamental mechanics are very solid; they are reasonably similar to those of Sierra's City Building series (Pharaoh, Caesar). You can also see where Dwarf Fortress got much of its inspiration. Dungeon Keeper 2 has its minor annoyances, but by no means do they ruin the experience.
  7. Nov 1, 2012
    Sim city in underground...plus humor and playing as evil character...just amazing. Perfect game for "sims players" who love to watch, how live your little dungeon. Only bad thing with this game is multiplayer...the good side of heroes is terribly missing so you can play only against another evil keeper...so pity
  8. Oct 28, 2013
    Dungeon Keeper 2 was such a unique and fun game for it's time. It has aged well. The characters are well thought out, the gameplay is still fun and the level design is inspired.

I think this franchise is the first one to put you in the role of the bad guy. It also is the first game to concentrate on castle defense as a gameplay mechanic (other than I guess stronghold). That along with interesting resource management with a twisted sense of humor makes this game a must play for any old school game enthusiast. I wish the remade this game (but not with the "fremium" model EA did for the iOS, a real full game sequel for this great franchise.
  9. Jul 6, 2017
    Not many games from XXth century still feel great to play!! This is one. Difficulty increases just fine, game levels are their own tutorial, and it's so good being evil and torturing heros!
    Graphics... are from XXth century, but so much humour in this game! I
  10. Aug 6, 2014
    It's true that it was basically the same thing for the second time, but DK2 brought loads of improvements to the gameplay, lots of humor and all the things people loved about the first Dungeon Keeper. I wasn't a big fan of the new art-style with those 3D colorful visuals, the first DK with it's more dark and gritty visual style was suited much more for this game, but still loads of fun. 9/10
  11. Aug 11, 2016
    The second DK title made some serious improvements over the previous game. Larger maps, the introduction of mana, the unconscious state before death, some cool new units (Dark Angels are still one of my all time favourite characters from anything), slicker gameplay, better graphics, a solid amount of maps in a skirmish stylist games, better sounds effects. The "My pet dungeon" modesThe second DK title made some serious improvements over the previous game. Larger maps, the introduction of mana, the unconscious state before death, some cool new units (Dark Angels are still one of my all time favourite characters from anything), slicker gameplay, better graphics, a solid amount of maps in a skirmish stylist games, better sounds effects. The "My pet dungeon" modes (especially the last level) give you free reign to build the dungeon of your dreams, and give unlimited access to all levels of enemies. The campaign, is very linear but still fun.
    It lacked some of the atmosphere and depth of the previous game and for some reason the fights felt less satisfying (which may have been the sound effects, the satisfying thuds and blood from the first game replaced with sad sounding chops and slashes). It was slightly less dark than the first game, and focused a bit more on humour (albeit dark humour).
    This game lives up to the grandeur of its predecessor. Beware of micro piglets!

There are no critic reviews yet.