7.8

1. FourPak
    Sep 3, 2005
    Not perfect in a few areas but Overall an Excellent game, well worth the time and money.
  2. danielr.
    Sep 2, 2005
    I think the game is great, i love how the story line is and i love how u can buy a pet, my dire wolf kills all.....lol.
  3. Aug 8, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game on the whole. Even though I'm playing this 8 years after it's release it still looks and feels good. It has a pretty good sized story line and options to play over again on the same character (something that I really enjoy to do). The hack and slash combat can get a little old at times, but when it starts to get old, the game generally changes pace to keep theI really enjoyed this game on the whole. Even though I'm playing this 8 years after it's release it still looks and feels good. It has a pretty good sized story line and options to play over again on the same character (something that I really enjoy to do). The hack and slash combat can get a little old at times, but when it starts to get old, the game generally changes pace to keep the game fresh. There are some bugs (my main glitched out of the final battle) but nothing too devastating. A very fun game that is worth the time and money if you're into RPGs. Expand
  4. DR.Jones
    Aug 18, 2005
    Highly addictive. 3D diablo!
  5. AndrewJ.
    Sep 18, 2005
    Great RPG game; better than its predecessor.
  6. MichaelB.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Game starts off alittle slow, but once you get the hang of it and the story begins to advance it gets quite fun, no lack of mosters and bosses and places to explore. Big improvment over the first game. Controling you AI party can be a problem at times but its a blast multiplayer for sure.
  7. JamesF.
    Oct 9, 2005
    Ok so this is no Diablo 2, but it is a decent RPG hack'n'cast affair. The party system works well even if hampered by the slightly dodgy AI. Anyone who likes running around gulping down potions and fighting a ridiculous amount of mosters from beyond will be right at home here.
  8. JohnS.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Lots of action, tons of loot, great spells and good story.
  9. SimonV.
    Aug 27, 2005
    This might have been one of the best games ever made, but unfortunately it is not.t could have been so much better! Nothing new whatsoever but it introduces the genre to newcomers very gentley. The story is great and the gameplay is even better. It is also much more innovative than many other games of the genre.
  10. TehanuA.
    Jul 1, 2006
    Awsome! There is sooo much stuff to do, it will keep you entertained for days! The way the fighting system is fixed up, it allows you to do what you want, when you want. The camera can also move whereever you want it to be, zoomed all the way in. . . or way out. An all arround great game!
  11. MateusC.
    Oct 16, 2005
    Much more complex than the first game, DS2 is the response of all those dislike the simplicity of the first Dungeon Siege. The concept art is also strongly different, but will go to please hardcore RPGs players.
  12. DanielT.
    Aug 16, 2005
    A very well packaged game! Lots of fun and lots of variety of things to do. Just good pure and simple fun.
  13. LuisV.
    Aug 31, 2005
    Absolutly AMAZING!!! Diablo at is best in 3D. U can't spot playing it. Every details is wonderful.
  14. Thomas
    Sep 13, 2005
    Excellent game. I'm not playing anything else right now because of this game. Gets you interested by wanting to make your character better. Great fights and cool effects. Buy this game.
  15. PhilD.
    Jul 11, 2007
    This game has a lot of the old Diablo feel to it, but I do believe it is larger overall. Love the ability to grow with your character and hunt for items. Love this game!!!
  16. SereneB.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Solid looking, great fun and easy to get into. Very playable regardless of how much time you have per play session.
  17. TomC.
    Aug 18, 2005
    Highly addictive 3D diablo style. Can't stop playing it. Graphics are not as bad as people say. Highly recommended.
  18. J
    Aug 26, 2005
    I played DS1 and thought it "ok." DS2 is wonderful. I am a more "hardcore" RPG player and, while it is no Baldur's Gate 2 or Morrowind, it is MUCH more satisfying than DS1! In fact, I am enjoying it much more than Diablo1&2&expansions - it is head and shoulders above it. Wonderful game.
  19. Dashel
    Aug 27, 2005
    Overall, DS2 is a great game. It has its flaws, but they are relatively trivial: a mediocre party AI and sometimes poor voice-acting. Its strengths, though, are numerous and impressive: great graphics, very fun gameplay, deep customization, and a huge, lore-filled world, just to name a few. Some have accused the game of being too easy. My contention, however, is that it is only as Overall, DS2 is a great game. It has its flaws, but they are relatively trivial: a mediocre party AI and sometimes poor voice-acting. Its strengths, though, are numerous and impressive: great graphics, very fun gameplay, deep customization, and a huge, lore-filled world, just to name a few. Some have accused the game of being too easy. My contention, however, is that it is only as challenging as you wish to make it; such is true of many RPG's. There are 3 different difficulty levels, much like normal/nightmare/hell in Diablo II... this allows for more challenge as you proceed. But beyond that, even in the easiest difficulty mode, you could approach the game in such a way as to challenge yourself. In other words, if you're finding the game to be too easy, don't return to completed areas to gain more experience. Try quirky character setups that may be more challenging but more enjoyable. Perhaps most of all, challenge yourself by diverting into side-quests that are of a higher level than your party. Even though the game is pretty linear, it does let you roam around quite a bit... so try some higher level areas and quests. Personally, I tried to kill the Hak'U rancor-like beast (this was a side-quest that requires you to have a certain party member before you can activate it) at a significantly lower level than recommended and died. Of course, there are little to no setbacks to dying, but I keep track of party deaths and try to keep them at a minimum. In this way, I maintain a significant degree of difficulty while playing through the game. I actually find the laid-back nature of the game, along with its typical ease of play, to be a positive point, b/c it allows the players to have an easy-going experience if they want it... if they don't, they can also set the bar a little higher. Expand
  20. Ralph
    Sep 14, 2005
    I did not get into DS1. However, this one has me playing whenever I can. It has a "just do this then I will stop" effect, which is great.
  21. Jan 20, 2011
    This game still maintains elements from the first Dungeon Siege, but overall the gameplay is a lot different to the first. The second installment is slightly harder than the first, with the easiest difficulty a lot harder (I think) than the easy difficulty on the first. This makes the differences from the first quite substantial meaning that real hardcore fans of the first may not enjoyThis game still maintains elements from the first Dungeon Siege, but overall the gameplay is a lot different to the first. The second installment is slightly harder than the first, with the easiest difficulty a lot harder (I think) than the easy difficulty on the first. This makes the differences from the first quite substantial meaning that real hardcore fans of the first may not enjoy this game. Yes it copies Diablo, but once again this smashes it hands down as like the first, you can feel you have a purpose for playing it. For new players to the game, im sure that Dungeon Siege II will prove quite popular. In addition to this, Dungeon Siege II has extremely nice graphics for a game of 2005. Expand
  22. May 25, 2012
    This was a massive improvement over the previous title and thoroughly enjoyed playing every step of the way. Excellent game that brings hours of fun with some mates.
  23. Mar 8, 2013
    This game was in a lot of ways the successor to diablo 2. It was not as dark and at times characters verged on cartoonish but overall it was a simple, hack and slash with a beautifully rendered world. A through-ally pleasurable gaming experience.
  24. Jan 29, 2015
    My favorite hack and slash RPG simply because of the memories it brings back. The combat is relatively simple and the required skill is not high at all. In fact, the game can feel a bit too easy at times and even the boss fights are not challenging at all. But I love it nonetheless, because it is a game that has a soul. I love the beautiful environments, the story and the lore, I love theMy favorite hack and slash RPG simply because of the memories it brings back. The combat is relatively simple and the required skill is not high at all. In fact, the game can feel a bit too easy at times and even the boss fights are not challenging at all. But I love it nonetheless, because it is a game that has a soul. I love the beautiful environments, the story and the lore, I love the many of the clever little secrets, puzzles, hidden treasures, secret rooms and easter eggs. The soundtrack is beautiful, everything about this game just brings back pleasant memories to me. ^^ Expand
  25. Oct 27, 2014
    Even in 2014 this game still outperform lots of ARPG out there in the market on all aspects like the engrossing storytelling, the exhilarating voice acting, the well-designed combat system and the diversity on looting and questing, I'm enjoying the replay of this game so much even if I just beat D3 and built some characters in POE.

I gave it a 9/10 because it lasts through time, 1 minus

I gave it a 9/10 because it lasts through time, 1 minus for the somehow stupid AI teammates control.

Oh, but you have to bear with the 1280x1024 res lol
  26. Sep 4, 2014
    Perfect Game! Only a bit too small customisation but its not a big problem. Long... Loneger... Holy Crap! How long is it??? it can be played for months GOOD WORK!!!
  27. Jun 4, 2015
    The best RPG game ever no I am not paid to say this. Reasons
    1) Story yes it has no paper thin plot.
    2) Un predicatability will never see the ending coming 3)Re playability amazing played till elite ( 3 times ) 4) Item sets, spells.. amazing 5) Dificulty you will never steamroll your enemies. 6) Boss battles unique no simple hack slash esp 3 headed snake and dragon amazing. 7)
    The best RPG game ever no I am not paid to say this. Reasons
    1) Story yes it has no paper thin plot.
    2) Un predicatability will never see the ending coming
    3)Re playability amazing played till elite ( 3 times )
    4) Item sets, spells.. amazing
    5) Dificulty you will never steamroll your enemies.
    7) Superb timed cinematic....
    8) Sidequest tons and unique...
    9) Different game styles can be achieved with diff NPC ( not to mention PETS )
    10) I love the villan Just love him best he is like Arthas of WOW.

Although I didn't like sequel though curse you microsoft for abandoning it.. DS3 a pale shadow of DS2

1. You tend to see most everything coming, which means there are few plot twists that are not either foreshadowed or anticipated. Still, it is a good storyline, and the game is entertaining.
    But it's now clear that Dungeon Siege II is now undeniably one of the action RPG stars. It makes many, many welcome tweaks and improvements--far to many to list here--and is sure to thrill any action RPG fan.
  3. A considerable entry in the field of hack and slash RPGs for the PC. The action is intense, there are a host of options for character development, and the story, while negligible, still more than serves its purpose. Save for a few annoyances, the bankrupt AI being chief among them, this is a game that will see any fan of the genre coming away satisfied.