4.6

1. Jun 21, 2011
    Terrifying, and not in the "the graphics are pretty amazing" way although they are at a level acceptable by todays standards. The game unfortunately falls short in all other areas. The storyline is predictable, cut scenes look horrible. The fighting engine is completely useless on PC (which stinks of a straight console port), the platform where the game originated and found its roots. MostTerrifying, and not in the "the graphics are pretty amazing" way although they are at a level acceptable by todays standards. The game unfortunately falls short in all other areas. The storyline is predictable, cut scenes look horrible. The fighting engine is completely useless on PC (which stinks of a straight console port), the platform where the game originated and found its roots. Most importantly something I look for in RPG's is the build.. but.. NO CHARACTER MODIFICATION!? PATHETIC SKILL TREES and NO SET BONUS'S ON ITEMS!? COME ON! Highly disappointing that falls short in a number of areas. My main regret with this title beyond the title itself is buying it on Steam, chances of a refund, slim to none. Expand
  2. Jun 21, 2011
    After the whole Dragon Age 2 debacle, I think Obsidian Entertainment might be bracing themselves for a fandom backlash, especially considering how much they changed Dungeon Siege III from its predecessors. While a solid game in its own right, I almost hesitate to call the game Dungeon Siege at all - essentially the only thing that has been retained in this third entry to this popular PCAfter the whole Dragon Age 2 debacle, I think Obsidian Entertainment might be bracing themselves for a fandom backlash, especially considering how much they changed Dungeon Siege III from its predecessors. While a solid game in its own right, I almost hesitate to call the game Dungeon Siege at all - essentially the only thing that has been retained in this third entry to this popular PC game franchise is the massive amounts of loot you'll find and the story lore. And frankly, the lore was one of the weaker aspects of the first two titles.

Dungeon Siege III is a third person action role-playing game developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a company practically known for taking over other people's game series. With titles such as KOTOR II, and Neverwinter Nights 2 (and corresponding expansions) under its belt, Obsidian has a reputation for making deep, engrossing sequels filled with interesting characters and topped off with intricate plots.

With Dungeon Siege, this fan-favorite developer has stepped outside of familiar territory; most of their games are pseudo turn-based RPGs - Dungeon Siege III is their first fully real-time action RPG. DS3 tries to combine fast-paced action with Obsidian's renowned storytelling and for the most part it succeeds. Operative words being "for the most part."

See my full review here: http://boredomsadvocate.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-dungeon-siege-iii.html
  3. Jun 21, 2011
    Although the environments look nice, that is where the improvements upon the previous title ends. In fact, this game really does not feel like part of the dungeon siege series at all. This game is a textbook example of a console port gone wrong. The controls and camera angles are awkward, there is no way to change your key settings (for those who are left handed or just prefer differentAlthough the environments look nice, that is where the improvements upon the previous title ends. In fact, this game really does not feel like part of the dungeon siege series at all. This game is a textbook example of a console port gone wrong. The controls and camera angles are awkward, there is no way to change your key settings (for those who are left handed or just prefer different keys), and the targeting system is a turn and face type setup, rather than a point and click. Makes you wonder why they bothered to release this game for the PC at all. In terms of the RPG elements, the first setback is character creation. There is none. You must pick from a cast of 4 characters. There are 9 skills for each character with about 2 of them that are actually useful. Upon leveling you are forced to spend your skill points, which not only breaks up the pace of the game, but doesn't allow you to save up points for later use (ie in a better skill). Items are dull, there are no sets or set bonuses and there are no interesting properties beyond a few attributes and damage modifiers (fire, lightning, vampire). Armour and gear don't visually change your character's appearance much either. Overall a disappointing game for those who really enjoyed the previous two titles. Collapse
  4. Jun 21, 2011
    Ok, it's a different developer. The GFX are passable, the game doesn't crash for me and you do kill lots of things by clicking on them.
    There, that's the good stuff. The bad stuff. Maaaaan.
    There, that's the good stuff. The bad stuff. Maaaaan.

1) Poor control options. Mouse is set up (and noner configurable) to the exact opposite of every other action RPG I have ever played (Titan Quest, WoW, Sacred, Diablo and all their sequels). A 360 controller works ok, but this is a PC game...geddit?
    2) Companion AI is TERRIBLE. If you play with a strategy in mind.. Tank, Heal, DPS whatever, then prepared for your AI companion to be hopeless. Pick a DPS/paper armour like Katerina, and expect to have to gain aggro with every mob you meet while you heavily armoured "tank" sidekick wanders around like an idiot on the periphery. If you play "Cecil" (the Tank character) then it's just about bearable, for any other class it takes whatever tiny little window of tactics this game had left and flushed them straight down the toilet.
    3) Multi-player. Go online and watch every one wanting to host and no-one wanting to join. Why? because you only progress in the game if you are the host! Obsidian? Seriously? in a game whose core attraction is constant progression, where levelling and improving is the very core gameplay mechanic of the genre....did you really think this was a smart move?

As a WoW player I had little interest in MP gaming with DS3 anyway. The dull "button mash" single player mechanic is a ruiner for me.

And don't get me on the horrible GUI, lack of inventory control, minimal character customization and mouse hunting during gameplay (very precise clicks are required to do real hardcore stuff like......save the game)

If the game had a decent one player mode OR a decent multiplayer mode I could have given it a 4 or 5 as a basic "button masher" for kiddies. But as it messes both of those up and lumbers them with a counter intuitive interface, then 2/10 is all I can offer. And I'm trying to remember why it deserves the second of those.
  5. Jun 21, 2011
    terrible game and how PC gamer is sucking up saying the visuals are unmatched among dungeon crawlers is ignorant. compared to the previous two titles it deserves nothing of the franchise. controls are terrible, the flames look awful in the opening dungeon--it has none of the character or environment that gave the first dungeon siege its charm and replayability. I could rant for hoursterrible game and how PC gamer is sucking up saying the visuals are unmatched among dungeon crawlers is ignorant. compared to the previous two titles it deserves nothing of the franchise. controls are terrible, the flames look awful in the opening dungeon--it has none of the character or environment that gave the first dungeon siege its charm and replayability. I could rant for hours about this bad game but I think you get the drift Expand
  6. Jun 21, 2011
    Uff, so much rage. Well here it goes:
    Uff, so much rage. Well here it goes:
    I have never been a big fan of the dungeon siege games (though I have played them both), but I honestly I can´t see the flaws the other reviewers find on this when it comes to make comparisons with the previous entries. They weren´t exactly challenging , and despite a few cosmetic changes what we have here It´s basically the same game: Cliché characters (based in ye good old archetipes), endless corridors (full of monsters and loot) and extremely linear gameplay (well, at least here you actually have to click on the enemies for the character to attack taking away a bit of the ¨interactive screensaver¨ feeling of the series). With the controls I had no issue wathsoever.
    About the story, I think it´s an improvement over the prequels (where it was almost non existant). It´s a bit darker, predictable yes, but well written, and the humour is still there, it´s a different kind, a bit more sophisticated without going to extremes.
    Besides that, I beg to differ about the voice acting and companion ai, for me is was pretty good. Whenever the lead character falls, there is a good chance for the companion to resurrect him.
    All in all, if you take it without inflated expectations (what we have here is yet another diablo clone) it´s a pretty good and polished little game (not one bug I found, a new landmark for Obsidian). I´ll give it a 10 though it more like a 7,5 (definitely not a 0). Have fun.
  7. Jul 22, 2011
    The graphics aren't too bad, and the game feels fairly polished and smooth, but with a very dull story and shallow combat mechanics it fails to keep you entertained. The camera is also excruciating to use and will ruin the game for many.
  8. Jun 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game's suxx! How could they screw up oh-so simple loot-game formula oh-so bad in so many ways?! Lets count how many screw ups are there, shall we?
    1 For a loot game there is no customization of your equipment, i mean if you pick Katarina is rifles and guns to the game's end. You can't pick up knife, sword or some kick ass hummer... NOOOO! it's guns and riffles all da way. That's suxx.
    2 There's no option in developin' your character - you can't play the game with the same character choice and end up with two different chars in the end - you'll take all skills available eventually and they power ups is hardly notecable. it's the same with Passive skills. Level up is boring and that's suxx.
    3 Fight's are boring! With Katarina i'ts pretty much just button mashing. THere were times, where i dont even see where tha hell i am shooting, and i didn't care either cause enemies were dyin'. There were times when i was thinking that game is just playin' with itself and doesen't need me and that's suxx.
    4 There was no boss fight until the very end. There was bosses, but they hardly challengin' even on hardest settings available and they are just bigger versions of normal enemy or same as normal enemy with aura-like circles arround them. That's just lazy and unimaginative and that's suxx.
    5 For a loot game you have no clue WTF the item does. There are lot of characteristics that i dont get. whats Doom, whats Momentum, whats Block, whats Warding? there's no help with this, there's no characterization.I still don't get it and i finished this POS. Having Characteristics unknown in a loot-game is suxx
    6 Skills are pathetic and unconvenient. You'll have skills for each weapon. 3. Why not all 6 with all weapons? that's just buffles me. F.e. Katarina has skill - summon wolf, that she could do, only when she equips 2 guns. hmmm...whyyyyy? skill's themselves are pathetic. i finished the game with the same skill i have in the beginning and that's just sad... and suxx.
    7 plot. It's stupid, i'ts unimaginative, it's flat, it's predictable... in a loot-game, whatever right? Right. F.e. who cared about plot in Torchlight, Diablo 2, Titan quest? No one. At least not me. Why is it an issue here? Because it's All. Over. The. PLACE. It's annoying! You can take two steps without someone startin' talkin' to you. It's EVERYWHERE and even if you skip it it's still ANNOYING! and suxx.
    8 THey tryin' to rip off better games like ME and DAO. I'am huge bioware fan and for me thoose elements looked cheap, half-done, and bad executed. THey are tryin' to convince you, that choices you make will form a sequel's world. I don't buy it! There's going to be no sequel to THIS game. Pathetic ripoffs of better games is usually BAD idea and it's suxx!
    9 Cut-scenes... 99 cents worth moving pictures. It's like a slap in the face! You can't get more cheaper than those! Remember how cool it's been with cut-scenes in Diablo2? There was even extra disc with only those! That was AWESOME. But not here. Not in this game. This game is suxx!
    10 Voice acting suxx and make no mistake about it, which makes plot issues even more insufferable!
    11 there is no world map in this one! WHY? Why would you do such a thing, obsidian? It's just suxx
    12 Game length is only 6 hours! 6!!! I was readin' comments, where people say it was 12.. Are you retarded or something? I've completed ALL the quests, waste about an hour in ice dungeon, cause got i've got lost in the damned thing. Still it was 6 hours. Short-length games are suxx.
    All in all it's just hard to recommend this game to anyone. At this price you can get torchlight, both Deathspanks and Titan quest and EACH OF THEM is far more enjoyable than this flick. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
  9. Jun 21, 2011
    For anyone hoping for a true Dungeon Siege sequel, turn around now and walk away. This game is definitely not it. The DS series has, up to this point, been characterized by almost infinite character customization and fun storylines that don't take themselves to seriously (I want my goblin flamethrower!), with great multiplayer and simple click-fest combat. This game has none of that.For anyone hoping for a true Dungeon Siege sequel, turn around now and walk away. This game is definitely not it. The DS series has, up to this point, been characterized by almost infinite character customization and fun storylines that don't take themselves to seriously (I want my goblin flamethrower!), with great multiplayer and simple click-fest combat. This game has none of that. The graphics are decent, not great. That's about the only really good thing I can say. The controls are horrible, character customization is for all intents and purposes nonexistent, combat controls are iffy at best. The storyline is old. Multiplayer doesn't really let you bring your own character into a game. Oh, and speaking of multiplayer, if you needed proof that this is just a bad port of a mediocre console game, when you try to find a multiplayer game, the prompt for Player 2 to press Start to join is still there. Using the Xbox Start icon. REALLY OBSIDIAN? Expand
  10. Jun 22, 2011
    Worst dungeon siege game I have ever played. both 1 and 2 are way better. In this game the camera is frustrating the combat is boring its just a bad game period.
  11. Jun 21, 2011
    There's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Dungeon Siege 1 was brilliant in that it was a simple hack and slash game, with tons of loot in an open world (as in it didn't feel cramped and completely linear). Character customization was through the roof. Game play could last for days, weeks, months... hell I still play it from time to time. I won't ramble on with it, butThere's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Dungeon Siege 1 was brilliant in that it was a simple hack and slash game, with tons of loot in an open world (as in it didn't feel cramped and completely linear). Character customization was through the roof. Game play could last for days, weeks, months... hell I still play it from time to time. I won't ramble on with it, but moving on to the sequels, it seems that they keep changing and adding new ideas which completely broke away from what the original was all about.

Dungeon Siege 3 is a monstrosity if compared to its predecessors. This is a completely unrelated game with its own mechanics and should not bear the name of Dungeon Siege. The Dungeon Siege series was a PC exclusive game, till now and this shows the full force of it. This was blatantly made for the console with the PC as a mere afterthought.

Character Customization:
    There is none. Zero. Nada. Zip. You have four characters to choose from and they are all pre-made and stuck in their specific field. Want a warrior that can shoot spells or used ranged weaponry? Nope, sorry. You cannot change your characters name, you cannot customize your characters appearance, you cannot change how your character plays. The only thing that CAN be customized is talents as you level. Even though by the end of the game, you will have ALL of the talents for your specific class, throwing decisions and builds out the window.

Multiplayer:
    One of the key aspects of this game was cooperative multiplayer. Here's how it works. One player creates a game and can set it to Offline (default), Private, or Public. With Private, you can invite friends to join or Public random people can join in. The player that created the game can keep any loot or xp they acquire throughout the game. Any players that joined, choose a pre-made character to "help" the main character (eg the person that created the game). Secondary characters do NOT keep ANYTHING from their multiplayer session. All players must remain on screen at all times or you cannot move anywhere. If a player tries to run away, the camera will skew to such a degree so that you are always facing the other players and will hit an invisible wall. Does this sound fun? Absolutely not. Massive restriction here.

Controls/Camera:
    This was the worst of it I think. I mentioned the camera in multiplayer above. On top of that, it's restricted to a near top/down view, hindering view distance and visibility. I felt like I was stuck in a resolution of 800x600 while in multiplayer. Single player camera seems to play out differently, and I did not have much of an issue with it besides the control interface. Movement is solely with the ASWD keys (no point in click found in the previous titles). There is NO keyboard customization in this game. NONE. What game does NOT allow keyboard configurations?!

DRM:
    This game makes use of Steamworks as its DRM of choice. While I have no issue with it, as I make extensive use of Steam, others may. If you do not want to be forced into using Steam, do NOT buy this game (although I wouldn't recommend this game regardless).

Stay far and clear of this title. If I could get a refund for this, I would do it in a heartbeat. Game completion time is less then 15 hours, not worth the price tag. Re-playability is none.
  12. Jun 21, 2011
    Not sure what game the people on the left column are playing, but it must not be dungeon siege 3. The best thing I can say about this game is that it's pretty, which is why it gets a 3. Voice acting is **** storyline is poorly delivered, boring and very skippable, controls are clunky at best and the multiplayer is really frustrating. With better controls and thought out multiplayer thisNot sure what game the people on the left column are playing, but it must not be dungeon siege 3. The best thing I can say about this game is that it's pretty, which is why it gets a 3. Voice acting is **** storyline is poorly delivered, boring and very skippable, controls are clunky at best and the multiplayer is really frustrating. With better controls and thought out multiplayer this could be a decent game to tool around in with your friends. I don't really see why anyone would want to single player this though Expand
  13. Jun 21, 2011
    Oh dear... I should have looked at the warning signs before I brought it for full price. Released on the console and PC at the same time and Squire Enix being involved being the biggest ones. Firstly the controls aren't configurable thank you so much consoles for that so the change stances button which is Q and your first power which is 1 are right next to each other. You will beOh dear... I should have looked at the warning signs before I brought it for full price. Released on the console and PC at the same time and Squire Enix being involved being the biggest ones. Firstly the controls aren't configurable thank you so much consoles for that so the change stances button which is Q and your first power which is 1 are right next to each other. You will be pressing both of those keys a lot and I keep pressing the wrong one again and again. The controls in general feel clunky and not fluid at all not helping of course by the camera. As the one ranged character you get I found myself firing off the screen at where I hoped the enemy was because I just couldn't zoom out enough to see. The atmosphere just isn't there for me compared to the first two games which was the one thing I hoped they would move over. This is just trading off of the name with some mention of lore now and again to try and link them to rest of the series. I am just hoping we get to a tipping point soon where us customers just have enough of bad games with bad game play that are made just to make money rather then for the love of it. Give us back the fun and we will actually want to pay for it. Expand
  14. Jun 21, 2011
    When I buy a PC game, I expect a PC game ... not a console game with the letters P and C slapped on it. If I want to play a game for a console, I'll buy a console- they're completely different gaming mechanisms.

I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced; I pre-ordered it as soon as it was available on Amazon, based solely upon the continuation of the Dungeon Siege franchise; Dungeon Siege 1 is in my list of top-ten favorite computer games.

I'm disappointed that this appears to be yet another game that builds its fanbase upon PC users, then panders to the lowest common denominator of consoles.

I don't want to play a console game on my PC. If I did, I'd buy a CONSOLE. I don't want to have checkpoints; I don't want to have to play with a controller. I DO NOT HAVE A CONSOLE IN FRONT OF ME; I HAVE A PC.

I'm tired of my game experience being limited to what an aging console is capable of accomplishing.

I went into this game with an open mind, hoping I'd enjoy the experience. This did not happen. I spent the weekend playing through DS1 in anticipation. I can choose from ... four characters. I can't even pick a name. I can't customize them. I can't even tell what they are. My friend and I lasted 15 minutes in multiplayer before I shut the game off because I had motion sickness to the point I felt like vomiting. It's bad enough that both characters have to be on screen at the same time (On a PC?!) But when the other player moves, it moves MY camera. Even when I'm trying to stand still and maneuver close enough to something that I can use the freakin' "action key," the screen is swaying and churning like a boat at sea.

The viewing angle is already exceedingly awkward. Even at my native resolution of 1920x1080, when zoomed out as far as possible, I felt like I was playing on an 800x600 screen.

Save points? Again- I AM NOT ON A CONSOLE. I have an ENTIRE 500GB hard drive for nothing but games. Save away! I don't mind!

The game automatically activates your microphone if you have one plugged in.

The music sounds like bad early German ambient electronica at the beginning of the game. So much so, that I'm not sure it was even playing correctly, as it mostly sounded like a collection of random beeps and feedback. I ended up turning it off 30 seconds into the game.

I'm done with pre-orders before reviews are out. I'm tired of console ports that fail to live up to the PC's capabilities; I'm equally tired of reviewers glibly accepting this without calling game companies to task.

And why is the game so ... French? I'm in the Kingdom of Ehb, yet everyone sounds like they spent the month in Paris. This is NOT Dungeon Siege. This is not even a PC game.

And why do I need a Steam connection to play at home on my LAN?

Thank you, Square Enix and Obsidian. I will not pre-order games ever again; I'm tired of being burnt by crap like this.
  15. Jun 21, 2011
    To be honest. I could give it 6 or 7, IF it's not called "Dungeon Siege 3" and misleading people about the "Dungeon Crawler Game". As a "Hack&Slash" "Action-RPG", it has decent Gameplay. But it has NOTHING to do with "Dungeon Crawler" ; it Lacked EVERY SINGLE Element to be a Dungeon Crawler Game. It lacked the variant of loots ; totally pointless to do Online Co-op with others ; andTo be honest. I could give it 6 or 7, IF it's not called "Dungeon Siege 3" and misleading people about the "Dungeon Crawler Game". As a "Hack&Slash" "Action-RPG", it has decent Gameplay. But it has NOTHING to do with "Dungeon Crawler" ; it Lacked EVERY SINGLE Element to be a Dungeon Crawler Game. It lacked the variant of loots ; totally pointless to do Online Co-op with others ; and ultimately, it has NO replayability expect you want start with a new character ; Not to mention, WITHOUT skipping Cutscenes, it still has only 12~15 Hours Gameplay. Which is not accessable as a Full Price ARPG in my opinion. Even the D&D Daggerdale ; a Buggy & Bored Dungeon Crawler Game, can do better on it's length, and that's not a full price game. Too Bad this game called "Dungeon Siege 3" with "Dungeon Crawler" advertised that doesn't exist in game, just because their miserable Marketing. Expand
  16. Jun 24, 2011
    THE GOOD: Switching stances to execute different attacks is a good idea. The graphics, while not being outstanding, are well polished. The sound design is pretty good. THE BAD: Boring loot table, a leveling system that is not engaging at all. THE UGLY: The controls are horrible on the PC, but that wouldn't be so bad if we could remap key bindings. But we can't. What the hell?

Side Rant:

Side Rant: One of the fun things about dungeon crawlers is finding cool loot, not only items that do cool things but look cool. I can barely tell that I'm wearing different armor or weapons, and I have a suspicion that most of the armor models are identical. Look at Torchlight as a good example of loot done well.
  17. Jun 21, 2011
    For a series known for their RPG, there really isn't much RPG'ing going on. The story is bland. I mean, really really bland. When you have a linear storyline, games such as Diablo or even the Witcher series, make sure the script isn't written by some 6th grader between lunch breaks. Dungeon Siege III's storyline makes me feel like I'm being treated like a 12 year old.

Character

Character customization isn't there. You get a selection of pre-defined roles but the customization to make you feel like this is YOUR character, isn't there. For a linear storyline, the quests are supposed to be challenging, with various ways of doing it but reaching the same goal. For a non-linear storyline, your decisions affect your next decision and in turn have consequences.

I'm not sure exactly what Dungeon Siege 3's storyline is supposed to be. It's just bad.

The graphic which I'm sure looks great on TV for a console, looks outdated and to be honest, trashy on a high end PC.

The acting and voice acting of NPC's? Oh please. I think I'd have more fun watching Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars.

All in all this is a terrible game coming from such a great series. I had such expectations and I was just floored with sadness that I actually spend $50 bucks on this piece of trash.
  18. Sep 8, 2011
    I had hoped this game would be good because in my opinion it's been a very bad year for games. Turns out, it isn't. To be open, I have not purchased the game. I have downloaded the demo from Steam and played that. I'd like to give the makers of this game props for providing a demo before release and making it widely available, every game company should do this. But, in this instance theI had hoped this game would be good because in my opinion it's been a very bad year for games. Turns out, it isn't. To be open, I have not purchased the game. I have downloaded the demo from Steam and played that. I'd like to give the makers of this game props for providing a demo before release and making it widely available, every game company should do this. But, in this instance the demo didn't do the game any favors as it quickly displays how bad it is. You can't control the camera and the angles are very awkward, keybinds are preset (not customizable) and poorly set at that. No game today should lack a key mapping ability, regardless of console but especially on PC. Graphics were OK, but not great. Honestly didn't see any better eye candy than Dragon Age:Origins which is a couple of years old. So, I am thankful that the demo was made and released as it saved me having to wait for reviews to make a purchase decision. I sincerely hope more game studios start releasing demos because had it been good, Obsidian would have had a preorder from me. Expand
  19. Jun 21, 2011
    I can't remember the last time I felt such *loathing* for a game.
    DS3 has absolutely no relation to DS1 and DS2: the use of the "Dungeon Siege" name is fraudulent.
    Controls, camera and voice acting are all cringe-makingly bad. The game looks, feels and sounds like a cheap XBLA knock-off of Torch. The critics responsible for the reviews to the left should be horse-whipped. I can't get my
    I can't remember the last time I felt such *loathing* for a game.
    Controls, camera and voice acting are all cringe-makingly bad.
    The game looks, feels and sounds like a cheap XBLA knock-off of Torch.
    The critics responsible for the reviews to the left should be horse-whipped.
    I can't get my money back but I can at least get my hard drive space back.
  20. Jun 21, 2011
    The controls are inexcusably bad on PC. With games like Diablo, Torchlight and TQ around to demonstrate an easy, functioning industry standard, that's inexcusable. The game is also short with no replayability on harder difficulties to further advance a character, another aRPG standard that was left completely out. Lack of the ability to play and develop your own character in co-opThe controls are inexcusably bad on PC. With games like Diablo, Torchlight and TQ around to demonstrate an easy, functioning industry standard, that's inexcusable. The game is also short with no replayability on harder difficulties to further advance a character, another aRPG standard that was left completely out. Lack of the ability to play and develop your own character in co-op multiplayer on other people's games is another failure. Overall, while the story isn't bad and the game looks pretty, there are major glaring flaws that even Torchlight at 1/5 the cost managed to do right. The obvious focus on the console gaming market hamstrung the game and the resulting awkward, incomplete aRPG is a short, frustrating experience that does a great disservice to both its predecessors and the genre in general. Expand
  21. Jun 21, 2011
    DS 1 and 2 were great games. Enjoy both of them. DS3 is a totally different game. If your looking for DS1&2 this isnt what your looking for. The game companys must be paying people to write good reviews. Because its awful in comparison. If you like DS 1&2 dont buy this game. If your new to RPGs, you might like this. Its just for you casual gamer.
  22. Jun 22, 2011
    This is only a dungeon siege game by name. Repetitive combat, boring story and rigid game overall. Ds1 and 2 were great games. Ds3 is not fantastic, not great or good. Its plain boring, not worth your money! Its a shame the DS name is getting dragged through the mud. I will go and play dungeon siege 2 now and dream of DS4 hoping it will be great..
  23. Jun 23, 2011
    I will never fool myself in to buying another dungeon seige game. Dont get me wrong the first was amazing. Its was open and I enjoyed exploring and killing everything I could find, and the sheer amount of armor and weapons was endless, plus the player mods just kept adding more. And the ratings for the game reflected that.
    2 comes along and everything is on rails, you still have all
    2 comes along and everything is on rails, you still have all room to play but the feeling of size and worldliness was gone. And I even remember the rates for it!! they were bad, no one likes it compared to the first.
    Now 3 comes along and im thinking to myself this game should be epic, the company had to have realized that 1 was their money maker, its what people loved and wanted more of, and of course any company picking up this title to continue the series would realize also that what they needed was just 1 revamped, alittle for graphics, more lands to explore, even a more complex character building. What I ended up with though is an even bigger railed game. WTF! Listen if your first was a success, and the second an utter failure you dont continue to build on the second you fools!
  24. Jun 27, 2011
    If you played DS1 or 2 and think this is going to be like that DONT! This game blows and I mean in the worst possible ways. Here are a few pros and cons.

Pros: Graphics are acceptable. Cons: 1. no auto save. you have to run to the light cones to save and you get 40 slots. 2. no potions. 3 you and one other member in parties. no more 5 man team as in DS1 or 2. 4 Totally liniar

Pros:
    Graphics are acceptable.

Cons:
    2. no potions.
    3 you and one other member in parties. no more 5 man team as in DS1 or 2.
    4 Totally liniar and i mean it.
    5 you have to click the E key to pic up or interact with ANYTHING other than gold.
    6. NO keyboard binding customization options
    7. POOR to non exsistent character development.
    8. POOR storyline.
    9 POOR voice acting and cut scenes. like my character will be facing away looking at the sky from the npc hes supposed to be talking to.

And much much more......short version...DONT BUY THIS! Wait for Torchlight 2 in JULY and that might gets us through to D3 :)
  25. Jan 27, 2012
    Being a huge fan of Dungeon Siege, I was really anticipating DS3, after playing it I must say that I am disappointed to say the least, I am quite glad it was a gift and I did not waste my own money on it. On it's own, it's not a bad game, that's why I gave it a 4 and not a lower rating, but its NOT Dungeon Siege in any respect. Yet another fantastic PC game title falls victim to theBeing a huge fan of Dungeon Siege, I was really anticipating DS3, after playing it I must say that I am disappointed to say the least, I am quite glad it was a gift and I did not waste my own money on it. On it's own, it's not a bad game, that's why I gave it a 4 and not a lower rating, but its NOT Dungeon Siege in any respect. Yet another fantastic PC game title falls victim to the onslaught of cheap inferior console development. The game is about as "linear" as a game can get, nothing like DS, or even DS2. For a console game, by any other name, it would not be all that bad, not all that good, but not bad. However it's not by any other name, it was Dungeon Siege, and if you came here looking for that series, I am sorry to say, you're not going to find it here. Expand
  26. Jun 27, 2011
    Do not fool yourselves, this is first and foremost a console game and has little relation to the previous titles which were alot more diverse and fun. However grab an xbox controller and there are a few hours of fun to be had in this sequel as long as you enjoy this type of games. This is not a full dollar game, I would wait for a significant price cut (
  27. Jun 22, 2011
    I had high expectations but frankly they were squased within 5 minutes. I can live with the linear gameplay and only being able to choose pre created chars. I can live with a so so interface and some less then inspired voice acting. I CAN NOT live with the **** camera ever they have put into this game . The first little boss fight (which happens after 5 minutes orso) made me kill the bossI had high expectations but frankly they were squased within 5 minutes. I can live with the linear gameplay and only being able to choose pre created chars. I can live with a so so interface and some less then inspired voice acting. I CAN NOT live with the **** camera ever they have put into this game . The first little boss fight (which happens after 5 minutes orso) made me kill the boss while I couldnt even see him, you get it he was off-screen. Combine the bad camera with some very awkward controls and you are bound to quite within minutes. I prevailed and played on, but after an hour I just gave up. The story didnt capture me like DS1 once did, playing DS3 feels like a chore and it cant even come close to games like Diablo or Torchlight or even Space Siege....what a let down. Expand
  28. Jun 23, 2011
    While Dungeon Siege III looks beautiful, it is nearly impossible to play on the PC. Keyboard+mouse controls are terrible, aggravated by the fact that there is no way to remap the keys to even try to fix things. Additionally, the camera views are terrible. With the two long ranged characters, you will spend many boss fights simply running around clicking since the camera is neverWhile Dungeon Siege III looks beautiful, it is nearly impossible to play on the PC. Keyboard+mouse controls are terrible, aggravated by the fact that there is no way to remap the keys to even try to fix things. Additionally, the camera views are terrible. With the two long ranged characters, you will spend many boss fights simply running around clicking since the camera is never pointing at anything useful. Often, you can't zoom out far enough to even see what you are attacking. Finally, compared to pass Dungeon Siege titles, this game has been ridiculously dumbed-down, with each character getting only 9 abilities total. I can only assume that game companies have decided that we have become too dumb to deal with any amount of complexity in the character builds. Verdict for me: definitely don't buy. This is the first game in a long time that I feel I wasted my money on. Expand
  29. Jun 21, 2011
    From the very start of the game I hated it, the developers should be ashamed, no custom character creation, and its pretty much the xbox version you are playing, with different keys assigned for controls, they didnt even bother to change the button icons, they are all still the colored ABXY buttons on the 360 controller, this game had potential all they had to do was smooth out theFrom the very start of the game I hated it, the developers should be ashamed, no custom character creation, and its pretty much the xbox version you are playing, with different keys assigned for controls, they didnt even bother to change the button icons, they are all still the colored ABXY buttons on the 360 controller, this game had potential all they had to do was smooth out the controls, and character customization and change a few icons and the gameplay a bit and it could have easily been a 6... but the developers cheated the PC community, and for that they should be ashamed, I want my money back! DO NOT BUY! Expand
  30. Jun 21, 2011
    This is horrible! Save your money if you expect anything like dungeon siege 1 or even 2 it's not even close. This game should be called something else on it's own because it has no resemblance of the other dungeon siege games. I am not sure why games are heading this direction lately with the all flash and spazz and no depth, no interesting story, no replayablity, lack of customization.This is horrible! Save your money if you expect anything like dungeon siege 1 or even 2 it's not even close. This game should be called something else on it's own because it has no resemblance of the other dungeon siege games. I am not sure why games are heading this direction lately with the all flash and spazz and no depth, no interesting story, no replayablity, lack of customization. Not related but Dragon age 2 was the same disappointment, it seems games are becoming streamlined for the quick buck and to screw the gamers that have experienced quality games and expecting quality with what they pay for. I would be willing to pay 2 to 3 times what a normal game would be if it was really a quality fantastic, replayable, in depth game where I wouldn't spend more than 5$ on this trash. Wait for this to hit the bargain bins. Expand
  31. Jun 21, 2011

1. Oct 26, 2011
    One of the biggest differences in this game is that you exert a lot of control over your main character.
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    Ultimately, Dungeon Siege III is an easy-to-play popcorn journey into the classic action-RPG genre, hitting every checkbox. There is little innovation here, but it offers plenty of examples of how good design and development practices can make a derivative game enjoyable - and how a pretty severely console-designed game can be adjusted to feel largely right on a PC.
    Don't be discouraged by the slow and dumb beginning of the game – you'll be rewarded by many hours of fun. Strong story and cooperative multiplayer are more than worth your attention. [Issue#207]