4.7

1. Jul 19, 2011
    Sad it had to end this way Dungeon Siege. Such a shame the long awaited Dungeon Siege 3 was developed by another company into some stupid ass simple console RPG. After the many hours I spent playing Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, this game is extremely disappointing. But, we all saw it coming with a company like Obsidian plus console release. Oh well, RIP Dungeon Siege.
  2. Koo
    Mar 24, 2012
    I bought this game on Steam pre-order and was looking forward to playing it. The original Dungeon Siege (which was included with my purchase of Dungeon Siege III) was a decent game. The graphics are looking a little dated in DS1 (it was released in 2002) but the storyline was decent, the enemies and environments varied, and there are plenty of interesting weapons and items. NONE of thisI bought this game on Steam pre-order and was looking forward to playing it. The original Dungeon Siege (which was included with my purchase of Dungeon Siege III) was a decent game. The graphics are looking a little dated in DS1 (it was released in 2002) but the storyline was decent, the enemies and environments varied, and there are plenty of interesting weapons and items. NONE of this is true in Dungeon Siege III. The storline is sub-B Movie quality, the enemies are largely cloned, and weapons and items are the biggest letdowns. "Powerful staff" "Magic charms" etc. are the childlike names given to weapons and items in the game. No effort was given to imagination or creativity in this department. The levels themselves are similarly bad. Completely linear, just follow the track, no side explorations possible. The one upside to Dungeon Siege III are the graphics. They're spectacular. Dynamic, beautifully saturated, and candy for the eyes. Graphics, however, don't make the game fun - just easy to look at. This game is lousy, and nice graphics are no substitute for shoddy storytelling, level design, and overall gameplay. A disappointment. 4/10 Expand
  3. Jan 27, 2012
    Being a huge fan of Dungeon Siege, I was really anticipating DS3, after playing it I must say that I am disappointed to say the least, I am quite glad it was a gift and I did not waste my own money on it. On it's own, it's not a bad game, that's why I gave it a 4 and not a lower rating, but its NOT Dungeon Siege in any respect. Yet another fantastic PC game title falls victim to theBeing a huge fan of Dungeon Siege, I was really anticipating DS3, after playing it I must say that I am disappointed to say the least, I am quite glad it was a gift and I did not waste my own money on it. On it's own, it's not a bad game, that's why I gave it a 4 and not a lower rating, but its NOT Dungeon Siege in any respect. Yet another fantastic PC game title falls victim to the onslaught of cheap inferior console development. The game is about as "linear" as a game can get, nothing like DS, or even DS2. For a console game, by any other name, it would not be all that bad, not all that good, but not bad. However it's not by any other name, it was Dungeon Siege, and if you came here looking for that series, I am sorry to say, you're not going to find it here. Expand
  4. Jun 24, 2011
    THE GOOD: Switching stances to execute different attacks is a good idea. The graphics, while not being outstanding, are well polished. The sound design is pretty good. THE BAD: Boring loot table, a leveling system that is not engaging at all. THE UGLY: The controls are horrible on the PC, but that wouldn't be so bad if we could remap key bindings. But we can't. What the hell?

Side Rant:

Side Rant: One of the fun things about dungeon crawlers is finding cool loot, not only items that do cool things but look cool. I can barely tell that I'm wearing different armor or weapons, and I have a suspicion that most of the armor models are identical. Look at Torchlight as a good example of loot done well.
  5. Aug 17, 2011
    This garbage makes me actually want to play DA2. The controls in this game are pretty mediocre, I understand that it's ported from console, but come on they could have just used the standard over the top rpg controls... It gets even worse in coop with a shared screen betalween all party members, I honestly fail to see the logic behind that move. The gameplay was actually alright, evenThis garbage makes me actually want to play DA2. The controls in this game are pretty mediocre, I understand that it's ported from console, but come on they could have just used the standard over the top rpg controls... It gets even worse in coop with a shared screen betalween all party members, I honestly fail to see the logic behind that move. The gameplay was actually alright, even kind of fun on certain fights... although the game got progressively easier, I played on the highest difficulty and the only time I died was to a miniboss that you encounter about 30 minutes into the game. Unfortunately everything else was terrible, it had horrible voice acting, you honestly could have taken 5 people off the streets and they could have done a better job. Granted they didn't have much to work with as the story and writing is absolute garbage. They tried to make some kind of Mass Effect dialogue wheel, but there's pretty much 1 choice in the game that will probably have a minute effect on the expansion or dlcs. Sadly this game would have been better if they just removed all the dialogue and plot and just stuck a massive arrow over your characters head which directed you through the game. I'm not fond of giving red scores to games with a budget, but this crap legitimately deserved it, it would suck even if it was from some unknown indie developer. Expand
  6. Jun 23, 2011
    Pure rubbish, it is so much like Fable - the look, the feel, the similar combat styles, the green experience orbs etc. The developers tried to combine a top down view with fable combat. The reason why no one has done this before is because they know IT DOESN'T WORK! The combat feels clunky and the controls aren't great at all. I'm a lefty and as far as the demo tells, there is no way toPure rubbish, it is so much like Fable - the look, the feel, the similar combat styles, the green experience orbs etc. The developers tried to combine a top down view with fable combat. The reason why no one has done this before is because they know IT DOESN'T WORK! The combat feels clunky and the controls aren't great at all. I'm a lefty and as far as the demo tells, there is no way to change your controls at all. And yeah the graphics are nice but the characters are damn plain and near emotionless. I entered a village in the demo and most of the npc villagers were just standing around doing f*** all, not even trying to act like real people. The leveling up system feels unessesarily complicated and the loot, I swear that all of the loot is the same! I expected to be able to pick up the guns and swords from slain enemies but you cant! You're locked into the class that you pick. And from what the demo has shown, you have no control over your companion/s whatsoever. I also couldnt find a way to heal my character. As far as i could tell there were no health potions or anything (if there is then the game didnt tell me), and so i just kept runnning into massive amounts of foes button mashing everywhere. But because combat is so bad and fast, you have no time to use tactics and so i found myself killed over ten times during the demo ending boss fight. Now because it was the demo i just kept respawning where i died, but it had me thinking "Well how the hell am i suppposed to do this fight properly in the real game?". Overall this is just ridiculous. I expected to be able to click on an enemy to attack him, but instead i have to rotate in his general direction and constantly click without aiming (not helped by the terrible lock on system). A top down view with this combat DOES NOT WORK! Its no fun and the loot feels boring. Nothing like its previous games. Expand
  7. Jun 22, 2011
    This game has nothing to elevate it above average and to top it all off the control scheme is terrible. The customization is very limited. You only get 9 usable abilities for a character. The loot you find barely changes your character's appearance at all which is basically a bad design decision and flat out laziness in a loot based game. And a playthrough is about 8 hours long.

It's just

It's just a mindless and poor game. Do yourself a favor and play Titan Quest or Torchlight instead while you wait for Diablo 3.
  8. Jun 22, 2011
    This game has nothing to do with DS series. Only good thing about the game is the gameplay graphics. Dialog and cinematic graphics are horrible. Voice acting is bad and story is not engaging at all, feel free to skip through all the dialogs, you won't miss a thing. Party is limited to 2 characters and there are only 4 characters to choose from. Combat is boring and repetitive, there areThis game has nothing to do with DS series. Only good thing about the game is the gameplay graphics. Dialog and cinematic graphics are horrible. Voice acting is bad and story is not engaging at all, feel free to skip through all the dialogs, you won't miss a thing. Party is limited to 2 characters and there are only 4 characters to choose from. Combat is boring and repetitive, there are almost no side quests and the quests you do are always conveniently put on your path making this game the most linear RPG I've ever played. Also RPG elements like character development are almost non-existent, as there are more levels than options so you'll eventually pickup everything your choice is limited to the order you take them. I didn't try multiplayer that aspect might be fun but otherwise I'd skip this game. Expand
  9. Jun 21, 2011
    The controls are inexcusably bad on PC. With games like Diablo, Torchlight and TQ around to demonstrate an easy, functioning industry standard, that's inexcusable. The game is also short with no replayability on harder difficulties to further advance a character, another aRPG standard that was left completely out. Lack of the ability to play and develop your own character in co-opThe controls are inexcusably bad on PC. With games like Diablo, Torchlight and TQ around to demonstrate an easy, functioning industry standard, that's inexcusable. The game is also short with no replayability on harder difficulties to further advance a character, another aRPG standard that was left completely out. Lack of the ability to play and develop your own character in co-op multiplayer on other people's games is another failure. Overall, while the story isn't bad and the game looks pretty, there are major glaring flaws that even Torchlight at 1/5 the cost managed to do right. The obvious focus on the console gaming market hamstrung the game and the resulting awkward, incomplete aRPG is a short, frustrating experience that does a great disservice to both its predecessors and the genre in general. Expand
  10. Jun 22, 2011
    I'm not sure why they even bothered porting this to the PC. It has all the limitations of the console with none of the advantages of the PC. No choice, no customization, TERRIBLE camera positioning and control. It barely avoids completely linear progression. Completely unforgivable. Yet another franchise destroyed by the console business model.
  11. Jun 25, 2011
    There are 2 problems with this game: 1) it's called "dungeon siege 3" and 2) the keyboard/mouse and camera controls are awful. It's really designed to be played with a game pad on a console, and it loses a lot of the fun elements of the first 2 games such as running a large party, finding exciting loot and tweaking out your character as you level, and the UI for managing your characterThere are 2 problems with this game: 1) it's called "dungeon siege 3" and 2) the keyboard/mouse and camera controls are awful. It's really designed to be played with a game pad on a console, and it loses a lot of the fun elements of the first 2 games such as running a large party, finding exciting loot and tweaking out your character as you level, and the UI for managing your character and inventory and shopping is much more awkward. Taken for what it is its a fun console hack and slash, but they really changed too much of the formula that made the previous 2 games fun for me. Expand
  12. Jul 22, 2011
    The graphics aren't too bad, and the game feels fairly polished and smooth, but with a very dull story and shallow combat mechanics it fails to keep you entertained. The camera is also excruciating to use and will ruin the game for many.
  13. Aug 28, 2011
    I will say up front that I just couldn't bring myself to play this one very much. It was basically not that fun, interesting or compelling. It didn't even strike me as connected to the original in any meaningful way. I think I put more hours into the original Dungeon Seige this week than I did the new one. That one is still mostly fun.
  14. Jun 5, 2012
    Simply not fun. I love action RPGs, and I picked this game up for crazy cheap, but when I was on my way to the Heroes Crypt (I'm going to assume it's halfway), I realized that I was simply not having fun. I guess the combination of repetitive enemies, boring click-fest combat, bad voice acting, horrible engine optimization, and HORRENDOUS controls are enough to ruin this game. I'm all forSimply not fun. I love action RPGs, and I picked this game up for crazy cheap, but when I was on my way to the Heroes Crypt (I'm going to assume it's halfway), I realized that I was simply not having fun. I guess the combination of repetitive enemies, boring click-fest combat, bad voice acting, horrible engine optimization, and HORRENDOUS controls are enough to ruin this game. I'm all for getting my money's worth out of things, but I'm not going to force myself to play something that isn't fun out of some misguided sense of duty. Before you buy this game, play through the demo and ask yourself "is it worth it?" and then play through the demo 5 more times and ask "is it still worth it?" Expand
  15. Jun 6, 2012
    Having played the predecessors, DS III was highly disappointing but I suppose its expected from a developer who never worked on the original title. I admit I may not have given this game a chance but this is what happens when your expectations have been set so high in a previous title.
  16. Mar 25, 2012
    This game is terrible, but what makes it so damn tragic is that it could have been awesome. All the crucial elements are there - great graphics, talent trees, two prequels full of lore and atmosphere, and a ridiculous amount of loot - but in the end, you're just mashing the same two buttons over and over again regardless of what's on the screen. There's no strategy, no peril, and noThis game is terrible, but what makes it so damn tragic is that it could have been awesome. All the crucial elements are there - great graphics, talent trees, two prequels full of lore and atmosphere, and a ridiculous amount of loot - but in the end, you're just mashing the same two buttons over and over again regardless of what's on the screen. There's no strategy, no peril, and no variation - just those same two buttons. Over. And. Over. If you're looking for RPG fun, reinstall the first Dungeon Siege - but avoid this title at all costs. Expand
  17. Jan 6, 2014
    Definitely a disgrace to his epic predecessors. Limited skills, weak story, somewhat challenging environments, few items, confusing interface. Dungeon Siege I and II are better!

Dungeon Siege III is a offence to fans of this serie. Total waste of time.
  18. Sep 7, 2014
    This game exhibits the unique property of raising mixed feelings of pure enjoyment and abysmal frustration in almost equal proportions, though I think that frustration wins in the end. My opinion is explained analytically below, analyzing different aspects that I deem critical. I have awarded points based on the premise that 10 stands for an overall stellar performance in all game aspectsThis game exhibits the unique property of raising mixed feelings of pure enjoyment and abysmal frustration in almost equal proportions, though I think that frustration wins in the end. My opinion is explained analytically below, analyzing different aspects that I deem critical. I have awarded points based on the premise that 10 stands for an overall stellar performance in all game aspects and 0 represents a game barely playable, the essence of flagrant disrespect on behalf of the developer team to the gamers. Well, as you might have imagined by now, Dungeon Siege 3 favors both ends of the scale, averaging to a mere mediocrity.

Plot, quests, side-quests: 8
    The main story is good enough with enough plot twists to convey an overall pleasant experience. The side-quests nonetheless are outrageously mediocre and lackluster.

Graphics: 7
    In terms of colorations, fx and art-quality (textures and design of NPCs and heroes) are nicely done and are almost in par even with today's (2014) standards. The textures are detailed and the colors vivid, painting a picturesque world that enhances player immersion. However, the animations lack this wow-factor that would help boost the overall experience and negate part of the dreadfulness that follows. That means, for the most part, not many variations in heroes' actions, mostly static and non-interactive background (apart from only a few breakable and story-critical objects), strictly linear . animations even during intense battle scenes.

Camera mechanics: 2
    Remember what we told about player immersion a few lines back? Well scratch that. The erratic motion of the camera-view renders the game unplayable at times and increases the possibility of an unfair death especially during critical battles with multiple foes or bosses. This not only cripples gameplay, but also increases the frustration to such levels that that one has to exit the game and retry some hours later just to avoid smashing his keyboard to pieces.

Control mechanics: 0
    Another factor that sends the game's value to a free-fall plummet, is its poorly engineered control mechanics. The only reason I put 0 here is because I sincerely feel that the game is an awful console port and there was deliberately given no consideration for PC users, who typically use keyboard and mouse combinations and not controllers, joypads and joysticks. One can control the player via the classic WASD keys from classic action games but the caveat is that keys D, A do not strafe or move the hero sideways as one could expect rather than rotating the whole camera clockwise or counter-clockwise respectively causing nausea and disorientation to even veteran players as myself. The only viable alternative - IMHO - is control with mouse and supplementary keys for actions (spells, powers etc).
    The most horrid transgression however is the fact that due to the aforementioned crazy camera twitches and crappy key-buffering (I guess) sometimes the controls become completely unresponsive (clicking does nothing) or they produce the opposite results (you click forward and go the other way since - yay! - the camera rotated on its own 180 degrees). This of course results in your untimely and completely unfair demise.

Menus & Dialogues & Inventory system: 2
    The painfully slow cascade of unnecessary dialogues needed to perform a single thing and the overall annoying and unintuitive inventory system put the nails on DS3's coffin. You will find yourself postponing more and more the decision to change the gear on your main character as well as her companions, since it is so difficult to find out what is really best for you. The only positive thing in that ugly bundle of mistakes is that each gear piece is automatically sorted under the correspondent item's category slot making it slightly easier to come to an informed decision. Also you can change only the active companion's gear at a time meaning that you must cycle-select manually all your companions (one at a time) to keep them up-to-date. Moreover, the bonus stat values are named in a weird innovative way (trying to throw in some innovation and differentiate from other similar games) and no hints are given as to what exactly they do or offer. Lastly, the level-up of all heroes is launched automatically after all nearby enemies have been defeated and there are really not many options there since, again, not enough context is given on what exactly every ability does and what the benefits
  19. Jun 16, 2015
    Ασε ρε που θα κάτσω ν ασχοληθώ μ αυτη τη μαλακία. Μόνο τα γραφικά κάτι πάνε να πουν. Ολα τ αλλα, ΠΑΤΟΣ.
  20. Jun 21, 2011
    To be honest. I could give it 6 or 7, IF it's not called "Dungeon Siege 3" and misleading people about the "Dungeon Crawler Game". As a "Hack&Slash" "Action-RPG", it has decent Gameplay. But it has NOTHING to do with "Dungeon Crawler" ; it Lacked EVERY SINGLE Element to be a Dungeon Crawler Game. It lacked the variant of loots ; totally pointless to do Online Co-op with others ; andTo be honest. I could give it 6 or 7, IF it's not called "Dungeon Siege 3" and misleading people about the "Dungeon Crawler Game". As a "Hack&Slash" "Action-RPG", it has decent Gameplay. But it has NOTHING to do with "Dungeon Crawler" ; it Lacked EVERY SINGLE Element to be a Dungeon Crawler Game. It lacked the variant of loots ; totally pointless to do Online Co-op with others ; and ultimately, it has NO replayability expect you want start with a new character ; Not to mention, WITHOUT skipping Cutscenes, it still has only 12~15 Hours Gameplay. Which is not accessable as a Full Price ARPG in my opinion. Even the D&D Daggerdale ; a Buggy & Bored Dungeon Crawler Game, can do better on it's length, and that's not a full price game. Too Bad this game called "Dungeon Siege 3" with "Dungeon Crawler" advertised that doesn't exist in game, just because their miserable Marketing. Expand
  21. Jan 19, 2013
    Environments and graphics looks nice, everything runs smooth, no crashes etc. However the game mechanics is a bad joke, it makes DS3 feel cheap, dull voice acting and terrible cut scenes aswell.
  22. Jul 16, 2011
    I wish developers would stop regurgitating the RPG "formula". This game lacks in all areas that count. The truth is, players already have their favorite RPGs. The only way you can love this game is you're a relatively new gamer to the genre and it's your first experience. If you've every played an RPG before, you've played this one and your former experience was probably better.

As if

As if the table above doesnâ
  23. Jun 21, 2011
    For a series known for their RPG, there really isn't much RPG'ing going on. The story is bland. I mean, really really bland. When you have a linear storyline, games such as Diablo or even the Witcher series, make sure the script isn't written by some 6th grader between lunch breaks. Dungeon Siege III's storyline makes me feel like I'm being treated like a 12 year old.

Character

Character customization isn't there. You get a selection of pre-defined roles but the customization to make you feel like this is YOUR character, isn't there. For a linear storyline, the quests are supposed to be challenging, with various ways of doing it but reaching the same goal. For a non-linear storyline, your decisions affect your next decision and in turn have consequences.

I'm not sure exactly what Dungeon Siege 3's storyline is supposed to be. It's just bad.

The graphic which I'm sure looks great on TV for a console, looks outdated and to be honest, trashy on a high end PC.

The acting and voice acting of NPC's? Oh please. I think I'd have more fun watching Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars.

All in all this is a terrible game coming from such a great series. I had such expectations and I was just floored with sadness that I actually spend $50 bucks on this piece of trash.
  24. Jun 21, 2011
    For anyone hoping for a true Dungeon Siege sequel, turn around now and walk away. This game is definitely not it. The DS series has, up to this point, been characterized by almost infinite character customization and fun storylines that don't take themselves to seriously (I want my goblin flamethrower!), with great multiplayer and simple click-fest combat. This game has none of that.For anyone hoping for a true Dungeon Siege sequel, turn around now and walk away. This game is definitely not it. The DS series has, up to this point, been characterized by almost infinite character customization and fun storylines that don't take themselves to seriously (I want my goblin flamethrower!), with great multiplayer and simple click-fest combat. This game has none of that. The graphics are decent, not great. That's about the only really good thing I can say. The controls are horrible, character customization is for all intents and purposes nonexistent, combat controls are iffy at best. The storyline is old. Multiplayer doesn't really let you bring your own character into a game. Oh, and speaking of multiplayer, if you needed proof that this is just a bad port of a mediocre console game, when you try to find a multiplayer game, the prompt for Player 2 to press Start to join is still there. Using the Xbox Start icon. REALLY OBSIDIAN? Expand
  25. Jun 21, 2011
    Not sure what game the people on the left column are playing, but it must not be dungeon siege 3. The best thing I can say about this game is that it's pretty, which is why it gets a 3. Voice acting is **** storyline is poorly delivered, boring and very skippable, controls are clunky at best and the multiplayer is really frustrating. With better controls and thought out multiplayer thisNot sure what game the people on the left column are playing, but it must not be dungeon siege 3. The best thing I can say about this game is that it's pretty, which is why it gets a 3. Voice acting is **** storyline is poorly delivered, boring and very skippable, controls are clunky at best and the multiplayer is really frustrating. With better controls and thought out multiplayer this could be a decent game to tool around in with your friends. I don't really see why anyone would want to single player this though Expand
  26. Jun 21, 2011
    Oh dear... I should have looked at the warning signs before I brought it for full price. Released on the console and PC at the same time and Squire Enix being involved being the biggest ones. Firstly the controls aren't configurable thank you so much consoles for that so the change stances button which is Q and your first power which is 1 are right next to each other. You will beOh dear... I should have looked at the warning signs before I brought it for full price. Released on the console and PC at the same time and Squire Enix being involved being the biggest ones. Firstly the controls aren't configurable thank you so much consoles for that so the change stances button which is Q and your first power which is 1 are right next to each other. You will be pressing both of those keys a lot and I keep pressing the wrong one again and again. The controls in general feel clunky and not fluid at all not helping of course by the camera. As the one ranged character you get I found myself firing off the screen at where I hoped the enemy was because I just couldn't zoom out enough to see. The atmosphere just isn't there for me compared to the first two games which was the one thing I hoped they would move over. This is just trading off of the name with some mention of lore now and again to try and link them to rest of the series. I am just hoping we get to a tipping point soon where us customers just have enough of bad games with bad game play that are made just to make money rather then for the love of it. Give us back the fun and we will actually want to pay for it. Expand
  27. Jun 21, 2011
    I feel mislead! The box promised a PC version of Dungeon Siege 3 and instead I got a console port (terrible controls, mystifying camera view, and randomly spaced save game spots) of an RPG Lite (very lite!) game. I even checked reviews before I got it but then realized they were for the Xbox 360 version and NOT the PC version. PRO: good graphics, ok story, and no bugs on my system
    CON:
    CON: controls & camera are so bad the game play is not fun. No in-game save without going to specified spots. Not a PC RPG (i.e. Dungeon Siege 1 or 2) but rather just a console button masher with RPG graphics. I am so disappointed as this could have been fun with more focus on the PC platform.
  28. Jun 22, 2011
    This game missed its goal for me. After a few minutes of playing and clunking around the screen, I figured out that the saying still goes : If it's not meant for PC alone, don't touch it! Even on a PS3 I wouldn't bother with it, bland and regular at best all around. Sad example of how publicity hypes a product for its appearance,not its content.
  29. Jun 22, 2011
    I'm at a loss to start. The manual is devoid of important information. The abilities screen is not intuative. Abilities aren't clearly sorted. The should be sorted based on the stance name, not 1, 2 or 3 in a left to right fashion, the way people read... I think this game would be much more enjoyable as a melee character. For some reason I choose the hunter... as a hunter you cannot aim.I'm at a loss to start. The manual is devoid of important information. The abilities screen is not intuative. Abilities aren't clearly sorted. The should be sorted based on the stance name, not 1, 2 or 3 in a left to right fashion, the way people read... I think this game would be much more enjoyable as a melee character. For some reason I choose the hunter... as a hunter you cannot aim. Instead you have to look in the general direction and fire away. The computer AI chooses your target for you. You find yourself shooting the furtherest mob instead of the one pounding on you. This leads to substancial frustration, especially in boss fights like "the dapper gent", where you have to target mobs and structures. For some reason, you have to USE the e key to pick up drops. A complete nuisance to the game that serves no purpose as your inventory doesn't seem to have any limit restrictions. The loot in this game is horrible. I can't stress that enough, there's little varibility to it, you'll collect 6 or 7 of the same weapon over and over again. You can vender it for coin. The venders do offer a few pieces that look good, but there's a problem. The vendors don't distunguish between what your character can and cannot use. You can buy an awesome looking chest peice but never be able to equip it, because it wasn't intended for your class. The save game function is all console game... you have to find the location and save the game. If frustration is a lot of fun to you, then this game delivers 100%. If you want to have RPG fun, then pick up Witcher 2 or Dragon Age / Dragon Age 2, those games are much more rewarding for the same or cheaper price tag. Expand
  30. Jun 22, 2011
    I guess I can start by reiterating what so many others have said here and that this game might have scored better had it not called itself Dungeon Siege III. Having played both of the previous DS games, I bought this one sight unseen. My mistake, I know. Controls are bad, co-op shares a common screen (even when playing on different systems) and game play is nothing like the first two.I guess I can start by reiterating what so many others have said here and that this game might have scored better had it not called itself Dungeon Siege III. Having played both of the previous DS games, I bought this one sight unseen. My mistake, I know. Controls are bad, co-op shares a common screen (even when playing on different systems) and game play is nothing like the first two. Using the name of a known series to push a completely different game just strikes me wrong. Will patches bring up the playability? I hope so, but I have my doubts. Expand

1. Oct 26, 2011
    One of the biggest differences in this game is that you exert a lot of control over your main character.
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    Ultimately, Dungeon Siege III is an easy-to-play popcorn journey into the classic action-RPG genre, hitting every checkbox. There is little innovation here, but it offers plenty of examples of how good design and development practices can make a derivative game enjoyable - and how a pretty severely console-designed game can be adjusted to feel largely right on a PC.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Aug 29, 2011
    Don't be discouraged by the slow and dumb beginning of the game – you'll be rewarded by many hours of fun. Strong story and cooperative multiplayer are more than worth your attention. [Issue#207]