4.6

1. Jul 22, 2011
    The graphics aren't too bad, and the game feels fairly polished and smooth, but with a very dull story and shallow combat mechanics it fails to keep you entertained. The camera is also excruciating to use and will ruin the game for many.
  2. Jun 21, 2011
    After the whole Dragon Age 2 debacle, I think Obsidian Entertainment might be bracing themselves for a fandom backlash, especially considering how much they changed Dungeon Siege III from its predecessors. While a solid game in its own right, I almost hesitate to call the game Dungeon Siege at all - essentially the only thing that has been retained in this third entry to this popular PCAfter the whole Dragon Age 2 debacle, I think Obsidian Entertainment might be bracing themselves for a fandom backlash, especially considering how much they changed Dungeon Siege III from its predecessors. While a solid game in its own right, I almost hesitate to call the game Dungeon Siege at all - essentially the only thing that has been retained in this third entry to this popular PC game franchise is the massive amounts of loot you'll find and the story lore. And frankly, the lore was one of the weaker aspects of the first two titles.

Dungeon Siege III is a third person action role-playing game developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a company practically known for taking over other people's game series. With titles such as KOTOR II, and Neverwinter Nights 2 (and corresponding expansions) under its belt, Obsidian has a reputation for making deep, engrossing sequels filled with interesting characters and topped off with intricate plots.

With Dungeon Siege, this fan-favorite developer has stepped outside of familiar territory; most of their games are pseudo turn-based RPGs - Dungeon Siege III is their first fully real-time action RPG. DS3 tries to combine fast-paced action with Obsidian's renowned storytelling and for the most part it succeeds. Operative words being "for the most part."

See my full review here: http://boredomsadvocate.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-dungeon-siege-iii.html
  3. Jun 21, 2011
    Terrifying, and not in the "the graphics are pretty amazing" way although they are at a level acceptable by todays standards. The game unfortunately falls short in all other areas. The storyline is predictable, cut scenes look horrible. The fighting engine is completely useless on PC (which stinks of a straight console port), the platform where the game originated and found its roots. MostTerrifying, and not in the "the graphics are pretty amazing" way although they are at a level acceptable by todays standards. The game unfortunately falls short in all other areas. The storyline is predictable, cut scenes look horrible. The fighting engine is completely useless on PC (which stinks of a straight console port), the platform where the game originated and found its roots. Most importantly something I look for in RPG's is the build.. but.. NO CHARACTER MODIFICATION!? PATHETIC SKILL TREES and NO SET BONUS'S ON ITEMS!? COME ON! Highly disappointing that falls short in a number of areas. My main regret with this title beyond the title itself is buying it on Steam, chances of a refund, slim to none. Expand
  4. Jun 21, 2011
    Although the environments look nice, that is where the improvements upon the previous title ends. In fact, this game really does not feel like part of the dungeon siege series at all. This game is a textbook example of a console port gone wrong. The controls and camera angles are awkward, there is no way to change your key settings (for those who are left handed or just prefer differentAlthough the environments look nice, that is where the improvements upon the previous title ends. In fact, this game really does not feel like part of the dungeon siege series at all. This game is a textbook example of a console port gone wrong. The controls and camera angles are awkward, there is no way to change your key settings (for those who are left handed or just prefer different keys), and the targeting system is a turn and face type setup, rather than a point and click. Makes you wonder why they bothered to release this game for the PC at all. In terms of the RPG elements, the first setback is character creation. There is none. You must pick from a cast of 4 characters. There are 9 skills for each character with about 2 of them that are actually useful. Upon leveling you are forced to spend your skill points, which not only breaks up the pace of the game, but doesn't allow you to save up points for later use (ie in a better skill). Items are dull, there are no sets or set bonuses and there are no interesting properties beyond a few attributes and damage modifiers (fire, lightning, vampire). Armour and gear don't visually change your character's appearance much either. Overall a disappointing game for those who really enjoyed the previous two titles. Expand
  5. Jun 21, 2011
    terrible game and how PC gamer is sucking up saying the visuals are unmatched among dungeon crawlers is ignorant. compared to the previous two titles it deserves nothing of the franchise. controls are terrible, the flames look awful in the opening dungeon--it has none of the character or environment that gave the first dungeon siege its charm and replayability. I could rant for hoursterrible game and how PC gamer is sucking up saying the visuals are unmatched among dungeon crawlers is ignorant. compared to the previous two titles it deserves nothing of the franchise. controls are terrible, the flames look awful in the opening dungeon--it has none of the character or environment that gave the first dungeon siege its charm and replayability. I could rant for hours about this bad game but I think you get the drift Expand
  6. Jun 21, 2011
    Ok, it's a different developer. The GFX are passable, the game doesn't crash for me and you do kill lots of things by clicking on them.
    There, that's the good stuff. The bad stuff. Maaaaan.
    There, that's the good stuff. The bad stuff. Maaaaan.

1) Poor control options. Mouse is set up (and noner configurable) to the exact opposite of every other action RPG I have ever played (Titan Quest, WoW, Sacred, Diablo and all their sequels). A 360 controller works ok, but this is a PC game...geddit?
    2) Companion AI is TERRIBLE. If you play with a strategy in mind.. Tank, Heal, DPS whatever, then prepared for your AI companion to be hopeless. Pick a DPS/paper armour like Katerina, and expect to have to gain aggro with every mob you meet while you heavily armoured "tank" sidekick wanders around like an idiot on the periphery. If you play "Cecil" (the Tank character) then it's just about bearable, for any other class it takes whatever tiny little window of tactics this game had left and flushed them straight down the toilet.
    3) Multi-player. Go online and watch every one wanting to host and no-one wanting to join. Why? because you only progress in the game if you are the host! Obsidian? Seriously? in a game whose core attraction is constant progression, where levelling and improving is the very core gameplay mechanic of the genre....did you really think this was a smart move?

As a WoW player I had little interest in MP gaming with DS3 anyway. The dull "button mash" single player mechanic is a ruiner for me.

And don't get me on the horrible GUI, lack of inventory control, minimal character customization and mouse hunting during gameplay (very precise clicks are required to do real hardcore stuff like......save the game)

If the game had a decent one player mode OR a decent multiplayer mode I could have given it a 4 or 5 as a basic "button masher" for kiddies. But as it messes both of those up and lumbers them with a counter intuitive interface, then 2/10 is all I can offer. And I'm trying to remember why it deserves the second of those.
  7. Jun 21, 2011
    Uff, so much rage. Well here it goes:
    Uff, so much rage. Well here it goes:
    I have never been a big fan of the dungeon siege games (though I have played them both), but I honestly I can´t see the flaws the other reviewers find on this when it comes to make comparisons with the previous entries. They weren´t exactly challenging , and despite a few cosmetic changes what we have here It´s basically the same game: Cliché characters (based in ye good old archetipes), endless corridors (full of monsters and loot) and extremely linear gameplay (well, at least here you actually have to click on the enemies for the character to attack taking away a bit of the ¨interactive screensaver¨ feeling of the series). With the controls I had no issue wathsoever.
    About the story, I think it´s an improvement over the prequels (where it was almost non existant). It´s a bit darker, predictable yes, but well written, and the humour is still there, it´s a different kind, a bit more sophisticated without going to extremes.
    Besides that, I beg to differ about the voice acting and companion ai, for me is was pretty good. Whenever the lead character falls, there is a good chance for the companion to resurrect him.
    All in all, if you take it without inflated expectations (what we have here is yet another diablo clone) it´s a pretty good and polished little game (not one bug I found, a new landmark for Obsidian). I´ll give it a 10 though it more like a 7,5 (definitely not a 0). Have fun.
  8. Aug 28, 2011
    I will say up front that I just couldn't bring myself to play this one very much. It was basically not that fun, interesting or compelling. It didn't even strike me as connected to the original in any meaningful way. I think I put more hours into the original Dungeon Seige this week than I did the new one. That one is still mostly fun.
  9. Oct 1, 2011
    It's a coneole piece of trash that should never have been released on PC. The only way I'd buy this was if it was in the bargain bin for
  10. Sep 30, 2011
    Everything about the games visuals and gameplay are fairly good. But, the one thing that really irritated me is the limited amount of character customizations. RPGs in essence are really all about creating your own hero. The premade characters that your stuck with are nice and okay, but if you really dont feel an attachment to the character your playing in a RPG so then you really startEverything about the games visuals and gameplay are fairly good. But, the one thing that really irritated me is the limited amount of character customizations. RPGs in essence are really all about creating your own hero. The premade characters that your stuck with are nice and okay, but if you really dont feel an attachment to the character your playing in a RPG so then you really start not to care about playing the game. I think the games entire concept is outdated and belongs in 2006-07. Expand
  11. Jul 6, 2011
    Having been a fan of the DS series, I could not wait to lay my hands on 3 when it came out. Oh how I wish I came here to read the reviews first, but typically, sequels, even bad sequels, do not deviate from the game too much. That has not been the case with DS3...the old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. This game first and foremost is a console game...why theyHaving been a fan of the DS series, I could not wait to lay my hands on 3 when it came out. Oh how I wish I came here to read the reviews first, but typically, sequels, even bad sequels, do not deviate from the game too much. That has not been the case with DS3...the old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. This game first and foremost is a console game...why they even bothered to package it for the PC is beyond me. I agree with other comments that if this were not being labeled as a DS game, it probably would have gotten better reviews. Although a solid game in and of itself, it should never have gotten the DS title. The only reason I even gave it a 3 was because it entertained my son for 2 days during our move, and was a good babysitter. But I bought the game for us to play coop and sadly, the replay value just is not there... Expand
  12. Jul 10, 2011
    Intended specifically for those who ask: "WHY ALL THE NEGATIVITY?"

This game is a spit in the eye of fans of all kinds. Literally. Let me explain: DS1 was a great game: you literally started out as a farmer who went bashing heads with his/her pitchfork/hoe/whatever crude tool. On your way you met tons of other characters who you could recruit into your party as peers, thus making it
    Intended specifically for those who ask: "WHY ALL THE NEGATIVITY?"

This game is a spit in the eye of fans of all kinds. Literally. Let me explain:

DS1 was a great game: you literally started out as a farmer who went bashing heads with his/her pitchfork/hoe/whatever crude tool. On your way you met tons of other characters who you could recruit into your party as peers, thus making it essentially a squad-oriented action RPG game, with characters improving their skills and attributes by actually using them, mostly in combat. The combat was semi-automatic, with the player issuing orders as to what enemies to attack, who to move back for healing, what group formation to assume, etc. It was like an action-oriented baldur's gate in 3D (with incredible graphics for that time), with a simple, linear story and a varied, albeit linear world with non-respawning mobs, with a reasonable replayability value.

DS2 set the game in a different place in the same world, took what made DS1 great and made it even better: improved graphics, added talent trees, better group and pet management and controls, adding diablo2-style waypoints, character-specific sidequests, respawning mobs (again, diablo2-style) and incredibly fun LAN multiplayer that was stained only by horrible internet connection problems via GameSpy. It also had great replayability by offering additional difficulty modes (like Diablo-esque "normal-nightmare-hell"), each additional difficulty mode adding 1 more character slot to your party. YAY!

DS3? The only thing it has in common with those two is a few names here and there. - Groups gone.
    - Pets gone.
    - Combat has changed from "passive tactical realtime group control" to a "active single-character battle with the controls".
    - Completely redesigned and horribly stunted controls for PC with no f***ing customization option!
    - Character creation/progression completely redesigned and horribly simplified.
    - Completely linear and very NARROW world. DS1+2 relied on linearity for progression and the world itself was vast and varied.
    - Pathetic itemization.
    - Multiplayer is ridiculously laughable.
    - Industrial-age Britain? Gremlins?! ROBOTS?!!
    +- An average story.
    - An average story/background combining elements from DS1 lore with unrelated DS2 lore, adding immolated women, Gremlins and ROBOTS for f***'s sake.
    + The humour was mostly okay.
    + Better graphics.

It if hadn't been named "Dungeon Siege", I could have easily seen it as a game with a 6-7 score. The graphics are good, voice acting was okay (why are there so many people with strange - read "Slavic" - accents in this game?) the humour often made me laugh, I don't mind the style of the cutscenes, and there are bits and pieces of the game that I really liked and enjoyed. Yes, it could have been longer, the controls better, etc. That didn't bother me all that much. Well, it did bother me but it wouldn't have, if I hadn't been constantly reminded of the fact that it's supposed to be a "Dungeon Siege" game. The horribly cobbled together lore, the characters constantly referencing names and/or places from the previous games simply gave me no pause. This game is NOT a successor of DS1+2 in any way, shape or even form.

And that's why it's a spit in the eye of fans.
  13. Jul 19, 2011
    Thank god for Steam who released a demo version for this game. Tried it and got disgusted with it. DS III is really an insult to the DS series. I strongly recommend potential buyers to try out the demo version before landing it.
  14. Jul 21, 2011
    A disappointing, frustrating return to the DS franchise will leave you crying in your gilded gauntlets. This is yet another example of an outstanding PC genre bastardised in order to fit the square peg in the console round hole. Before you label me a console basher I have an XBox and its a great machine for certain genres, but this is not one of them. Single player frustrations includeA disappointing, frustrating return to the DS franchise will leave you crying in your gilded gauntlets. This is yet another example of an outstanding PC genre bastardised in order to fit the square peg in the console round hole. Before you label me a console basher I have an XBox and its a great machine for certain genres, but this is not one of them. Single player frustrations include appaling camera angles with no free zoom levels, you have 2 levels of zoom, too close and whhooaaaa!! to close. Overegging of the graphical effects create an level of utter confusion at times that left me unable to find my mouse pointer. Cut scenes are too many, too long and embarrasingly poor graphically. The story is short circa 7-8 hours, being bulked out by hinting at replaying it 4 times using each hero....err no thanks! Also this is the "A-Team" of games where none of the boss characters actually die.....oh political correctness gone mad! Initially controls were non mappable but thankfully that has been fixed. Pets are gone, no more donkey or wolf to help you, nurture and advance. No more chests to store your loot and even the transmute spell has been dumbed down in order to cater for 3 year olds. No health potions and weapons, armor and other goodies are far less exciting and frequent. Multiplayer wise its a total washout for me. Remember the glorious freedom you used to have to split off and nip back to town to flog stuff, buy potions, have a pee, make a cuppa? GONE. The game featured the tag line "Together We are Stronger" basically the get out for the fact you can't free roam anymore. Its a huge disappointment for me, there's no sense of freedom and you cant even get offscreen for respite if you're low on health, you're just stuck in this restricted frame of "un-zoom-outedness" Add to this the fact that you can just join the game at level 30 with a new character, get pimped up to level 30 and complete the game 20 mins later and wheres the sense of achievement gone? Character development is firmly in the bin. I could go on for another 500 words nitpicking at this game but I think its had enough of my time already. Move on! Thanks Microsoft/Square Enix for crushing the life from an old friend and leaving him dieing in the gutter. Expand
  15. Jul 21, 2011
    This game is so horrible, i just had to register to write this "review". i am a die-hard dungeonsiege 1 and 2 fan, i spent half of my university time playing these games with friends. and of course i bought DS3 without playing the demo or reading/waiting for reviews, after all, it's DUNGEON SIEGE and must be good, right? riiiight?

well sadly the controls (even after patch) and the

well sadly the controls (even after patch) and the camera movements (why do you limit us to two zoom modes omfg ?????) are horribly bad, the dumbed-down xp/leveling system is a joke...
    me and my friends didn't even start playtesting the coop mode, but reading other reviews give us a good hint we would just get more upset at this huge pile of frustration.

if we wanted to buy a CONSOLE GAME we would buy a console. this was a real waste of money and i whish i wouldn't have bought the steam version, then at least i could have second-hand sold it.

uninstalled now, and i hope i find a way to remove it from my games library. VERY disappointed ex-fan!
  16. Jul 23, 2011
    This game was an utter disappointing. I remember when dungeon siege 2 came out and it was really good but always in the shadow of Diablo. But it had it's unique aspects to it which made it interesting and fun to play. This game is unacceptable, the controls are horrible. The way they have their inventory set up makes it look like something that came out of a horror movie and itemsThis game was an utter disappointing. I remember when dungeon siege 2 came out and it was really good but always in the shadow of Diablo. But it had it's unique aspects to it which made it interesting and fun to play. This game is unacceptable, the controls are horrible. The way they have their inventory set up makes it look like something that came out of a horror movie and items disappear after one use. This game deserves a "-10" due to its lack of diversity and terrifying controls. Very, Very disappointed. Expand
  17. Jul 30, 2011
    Upon playing the demo, I was first dazzled by the polished characters, from the spells to the scenery, cut-scene style conversations with standard-made-famous Bioware conversation options, and the ability to play the game with little to no interface lag on the highest settings (a topic that has been disappointingly absent in a lot of games as of late).

This is where I decided to buy DS3,

This is where I decided to buy DS3, and where the dazzle ended. After those very good aspects of the game, you are left with some glaring technical issues and a bag full of disappointment.

The forums are full to the brim with technical issues which have not been addressed and it is left to the users to finagle a cure to their computer's affliction with the game.

Probably my biggest annoyance with the game was three things:

1) Only four characters, with no customization options at all. I personally love playing magic user type characters, but I simply cannot "get into it" when my character is an overweight, 60 year old which has the appearance of a crazy homeless man.

2) From what I have read (which is part of the problem), your armor changes in sets; therefore, you will not see a change in your character's model until you reach the next set. To me this screams laziness. The developers took a half-assed route on this issue. I was satisfied with the diverse stats on items, but I want to feel heroic, and I cannot feel heroic if I do not look heroic. My 60 year old crazy homeless man does not look heroic wearing his standard shirt model from level one. (I mentioned having to read about this, because even fifteen levels into the game and I still have not seen a model change)

3) Spells and abilities. Need I say more? Each character in DS3 boasts a whopping nine (9) spells/abilities, three (3) of which are purely defensive. This leaves you with six (6) for the purpose of offense. Now lets take Anjali for example. She is a half magic, half melee user. As I said before, I signed up for the magic part, so I have an aversion to using her melee side. This leaves me which three (3) whole spells in which to obliterate my enemies and save the world. Are we heroic, or what? I think I could get past the very small number of spell/ability options, if there was a lot of customization to go along with them. Instead we are left with each spell having two (2) paths in which to "master" the spell, some of which are mostly undesirable.

Needless to say, my Anjali character is content to heroically save the world using nothing but her basic attack and dodging, as using her spells is mostly just a "meh.. I guess I could use the aoe", instead of it being strategically necessary to use the right spell at the right time.

Sadly, after all this typing, I haven't even mentioned the technical issues in detail. I won't go too far into it, but I will say that after two days of playing the game, it suddenly began to cause my computer to shut off. No blue screen, no application failure. Simply shut off. After tweaking the graphical settings, the game runs fine, however it negates part of what I mentioned liking about the game.

Definitely, definitely not worth the $50 price tag.
  18. Jan 5, 2012
    Probably the worst controls I have ever come across is a game, completely unintuitive, and you can't even remap keys. What a waste of time this game is.
  19. Aug 19, 2011
    Surely the graphics is something way outside the Dungeon siege's standards, but goddamn both the story and the camera are a total disgrace, plus i cant even modify my character?What the hell! this is an RPG and not some random adventure game! I hope for teh next diablo 3
  20. Jul 9, 2011
    Truly this is an awful game. Much worse than first and second installment of the title. The character creation and development is very limited and superficial in comparison toprevious games. We just get premade characters and do not have the freedom to develop them as we please, but we simply must follow the straightforward paths made by game designers.Graphic is unequal - some aspectsTruly this is an awful game. Much worse than first and second installment of the title. The character creation and development is very limited and superficial in comparison toprevious games. We just get premade characters and do not have the freedom to develop them as we please, but we simply must follow the straightforward paths made by game designers.Graphic is unequal - some aspects like outdoor environment looks good, but animations and indoors looks poor, story is as uninteresting as it goes, camera and controls work awkwardly, all battles are just bland boring buttonsmashing. Avoid! Expand
  21. Jul 16, 2011
    I wish developers would stop regurgitating the RPG "formula". This game lacks in all areas that count. The truth is, players already have their favorite RPGs. The only way you can love this game is you're a relatively new gamer to the genre and it's your first experience. If you've every played an RPG before, you've played this one and your former experience was probably better.

As if

As if the table above doesnâ
  22. Jul 12, 2011
    It truly feels as if I plugged an XBox DVD of a terrible RPG game into my computer and miraculously got it to run. I can't believe I spend 50 dollars on such an utter failure to this "series". I was an enormous fan of DS1 & 2, this game has zero resemblance to those titles. The controls garbage; storyline garbage; camera garbage; the graphics we're ok; everything else was terrible. OnlyIt truly feels as if I plugged an XBox DVD of a terrible RPG game into my computer and miraculously got it to run. I can't believe I spend 50 dollars on such an utter failure to this "series". I was an enormous fan of DS1 & 2, this game has zero resemblance to those titles. The controls garbage; storyline garbage; camera garbage; the graphics we're ok; everything else was terrible. Only positives were an easy co-op connection experience (thanks Steam), although you are handcuffed to your co-op partner, there's absolutely no freedom. There's no use in explaining any more shortcomings. Don't buy it, don't even pirate it, it's a waste of your bandwidth. Expand
  23. Jul 30, 2011
    This 'game' does not the deserve the title 'Dungeon Siege'. Period. This sequel strips you clean of any freedom you used to have. It lacks free traveling, it lacks character customization, it lacks item customization, it lacks an original story line, and it lacks (the will) to replay the campaign again. The worst is you have to play in a camera setting that will frustrate you in matter ofThis 'game' does not the deserve the title 'Dungeon Siege'. Period. This sequel strips you clean of any freedom you used to have. It lacks free traveling, it lacks character customization, it lacks item customization, it lacks an original story line, and it lacks (the will) to replay the campaign again. The worst is you have to play in a camera setting that will frustrate you in matter of seconds. If you only care about graphics, then this is a game you're welcome to experience. Expand
  24. Jul 18, 2011
    I created an account JUST to warn about this game. At the time of writing this, I am at the last fight of the game. My save game clock tells me that I've been playing it for 9 hours and 22 seconds. Everyone else who's rated it poorly has said enough about it--it's a pretty damn awful game. If you're at all interested in this game, I would highly suggest that you wait until it's in theI created an account JUST to warn about this game. At the time of writing this, I am at the last fight of the game. My save game clock tells me that I've been playing it for 9 hours and 22 seconds. Everyone else who's rated it poorly has said enough about it--it's a pretty damn awful game. If you're at all interested in this game, I would highly suggest that you wait until it's in the bargain bin. $7.50-$10 would be a fair price for this franchise slayer. Expand
  25. Jul 31, 2011
    Sight of multiplay is too bad.I feel bad in that.
    And this is not dungeon siege siries.How terrible game this is.
    I'll never not buy Square Enix PC game.
  26. Jun 5, 2012
    Simply not fun. I love action RPGs, and I picked this game up for crazy cheap, but when I was on my way to the Heroes Crypt (I'm going to assume it's halfway), I realized that I was simply not having fun. I guess the combination of repetitive enemies, boring click-fest combat, bad voice acting, horrible engine optimization, and HORRENDOUS controls are enough to ruin this game. I'm all forSimply not fun. I love action RPGs, and I picked this game up for crazy cheap, but when I was on my way to the Heroes Crypt (I'm going to assume it's halfway), I realized that I was simply not having fun. I guess the combination of repetitive enemies, boring click-fest combat, bad voice acting, horrible engine optimization, and HORRENDOUS controls are enough to ruin this game. I'm all for getting my money's worth out of things, but I'm not going to force myself to play something that isn't fun out of some misguided sense of duty. Before you buy this game, play through the demo and ask yourself "is it worth it?" and then play through the demo 5 more times and ask "is it still worth it?" Expand
  27. Oct 20, 2011
    Not like a Dungeon Siege game should be. Its a really obvious console-port and the good old DS feeling is long gone. The gameplay is boring and character progression is not rewarding.
  28. Nov 14, 2011
    insert generic console port statement. In addition to a boring storyline, the gameplay is one that I have never been a fan of. I tried this game, thinking it would be like its predecessors, but It was Dark alliance all over again. Just like Baldur's gate, this game style has killed another series. Thanks obsidian. The graphics are par I guess.
  29. Dec 3, 2011
    With a lineage of excellent gameplay, Dungeon Siege III is just a terrible game. I was expecting an experience that mimicked the enjoyable gameplay of the last two entries in this series. Instead I say a system that seemed to be developed for console gaming that absolutely failed as a PC game.

I won't hold back, NO AUTO ATTACK!?! In the last two entries, we had auto-cast and multi-controls if we wanted to control more than just our character. This game is NOT a continuation of this style of gameplay. It feels like they wanted an active combat system with wonky camera controls and failed to engage the player in the enviroment. Even targeting is absolutley awful.

This should have been simple. click an enemy, you keep attacking till that enemy is dead. Hell even continuous clicks would have been better than what I saw in this game. Click an enemy, you attack it, click a different enemy, you keep attacking the first enemy you clicked on. Hit a button for an ability? Well, sometimes it goes for the enemy you originally clicked on, sometime you just run into a wall and do nothing.

By the way, if you want to play solo, don't pick a ranged character (all but 1 of your three choices). Rushing enemies will hit you faster than the fixed camera controls will allow you to handle. How does a game that was so good before this latestest entry become such a piece of crap? Don't even get me started on the talent tree, because modern game designers seem to think that modern game players are too stupid to handle such a complex scenario!
  30. Dec 3, 2011
    Graphics are OK, story is average. The female char is fun to play. Single player is doable, but multiplayer at least with more than two people is unusable due to the close view. When anyone pushes the edge of the boundary the rest of the party 'may' be dragged along or the view 'may' stick. It needs to be able to have a much higher view or way of moving separately. Even in the same roomGraphics are OK, story is average. The female char is fun to play. Single player is doable, but multiplayer at least with more than two people is unusable due to the close view. When anyone pushes the edge of the boundary the rest of the party 'may' be dragged along or the view 'may' stick. It needs to be able to have a much higher view or way of moving separately. Even in the same room where we an chat and talk we gave up trying to play this game. After the amazing legacy of multi-playability the previous versions enjoyed this was a very expensive failure. Expand
  31. Jan 9, 2013
    I simply couldn't get past the terrible controls. A and D are used to slowly pivot your pov around while you wait, items are hard to get close enough to to pick up, combat feels extremely difficult to control due to the pov lag.... overall, I'd say this game is worth trying in demo form, just to see what it's like, but I wouldn't pay money for it.
  32. Jan 16, 2013
    This game is not even close to original DS games. There is no atmosphere, familiar to me, and there is nothing catchy, nor plot, nor gameplay. Too bad that developers want us to pay for "another sequel with better graphics".
  33. Jan 6, 2014
    Definitely a disgrace to his epic predecessors. Limited skills, weak story, somewhat challenging environments, few items, confusing interface. Dungeon Siege I and II are better!

Dungeon Siege III is a offence to fans of this serie. Total waste of time.
  34. Jul 26, 2011
    No replayability. What would have been nice would be difficulty levels that required higher and higher levels and had increasingly better loot. This, to me, seems to be a requirements for hack n slash games these days. The stats are kinda boring and you're never sure what stat you should be focusing on. I generally equipped the most expensive piece of gear my character could wear. NowNo replayability. What would have been nice would be difficulty levels that required higher and higher levels and had increasingly better loot. This, to me, seems to be a requirements for hack n slash games these days. The stats are kinda boring and you're never sure what stat you should be focusing on. I generally equipped the most expensive piece of gear my character could wear. Now my biggest gripe: The controls for the PC are atrocious. Did they not look at diablo 2? I mean, c'mon Obsidian... You point and click on the ground and you move there... you point and click on an enemy and you attack them. How a game like this doesn't have this control scheme is mind boggling. Part of the problem of being a straight console port with no respect for PC gamers. Expand
  35. Oct 14, 2014
    The worst part of the series. Primitive console port, linear, lacking surprise. It should not have been titled Dungeon Siege. The disappointment surpassed the expectations.
  36. Koo
    Mar 24, 2012
    I bought this game on Steam pre-order and was looking forward to playing it. The original Dungeon Siege (which was included with my purchase of Dungeon Siege III) was a decent game. The graphics are looking a little dated in DS1 (it was released in 2002) but the storyline was decent, the enemies and environments varied, and there are plenty of interesting weapons and items. NONE of thisI bought this game on Steam pre-order and was looking forward to playing it. The original Dungeon Siege (which was included with my purchase of Dungeon Siege III) was a decent game. The graphics are looking a little dated in DS1 (it was released in 2002) but the storyline was decent, the enemies and environments varied, and there are plenty of interesting weapons and items. NONE of this is true in Dungeon Siege III. The storline is sub-B Movie quality, the enemies are largely cloned, and weapons and items are the biggest letdowns. "Powerful staff" "Magic charms" etc. are the childlike names given to weapons and items in the game. No effort was given to imagination or creativity in this department. The levels themselves are similarly bad. Completely linear, just follow the track, no side explorations possible. The one upside to Dungeon Siege III are the graphics. They're spectacular. Dynamic, beautifully saturated, and candy for the eyes. Graphics, however, don't make the game fun - just easy to look at. This game is lousy, and nice graphics are no substitute for shoddy storytelling, level design, and overall gameplay. A disappointment. 4/10 Expand
  37. Jun 6, 2012
    Having played the predecessors, DS III was highly disappointing but I suppose its expected from a developer who never worked on the original title. I admit I may not have given this game a chance but this is what happens when your expectations have been set so high in a previous title.
  38. Mar 25, 2012
    This game is terrible, but what makes it so damn tragic is that it could have been awesome. All the crucial elements are there - great graphics, talent trees, two prequels full of lore and atmosphere, and a ridiculous amount of loot - but in the end, you're just mashing the same two buttons over and over again regardless of what's on the screen. There's no strategy, no peril, and noThis game is terrible, but what makes it so damn tragic is that it could have been awesome. All the crucial elements are there - great graphics, talent trees, two prequels full of lore and atmosphere, and a ridiculous amount of loot - but in the end, you're just mashing the same two buttons over and over again regardless of what's on the screen. There's no strategy, no peril, and no variation - just those same two buttons. Over. And. Over. If you're looking for RPG fun, reinstall the first Dungeon Siege - but avoid this title at all costs. Expand
  39. May 8, 2014
    Proof that good graphics do not guarantee a good game.

I don't always go for open world or sandbox games, they often don't tell their story very well. So Dungeon Siege III being mostly linear is not necessarily a minus point. One of the few things it shares with it's predecessors. Almost everything apart from the graphics is poor. Combat is turgid, character "ability" design and
    Proof that good graphics do not guarantee a good game.

Almost everything apart from the graphics is poor. Combat is turgid, character "ability" design and structure is too basic and console-y and audio is poor. Especially the mostly mediocre voice acting.
  40. Aug 18, 2014
    Just read the user's 'good' reviews: all of them claim that they DIDN'T like previous DS 1 and 2... Now read the negative reviews: all of them claim that this is NOT like DS1 and 2... That says a lot of this game... Why did you use the same name to make games completely different from previous? This is a totally casual console crawler, without decent loot system, nor party based, norJust read the user's 'good' reviews: all of them claim that they DIDN'T like previous DS 1 and 2... Now read the negative reviews: all of them claim that this is NOT like DS1 and 2... That says a lot of this game... Why did you use the same name to make games completely different from previous? This is a totally casual console crawler, without decent loot system, nor party based, nor toolset, nor nothing from previous games. And people who DON'T like previous DS games still having THOUSANDS of casual-pad-games to play, don't cheer the destruction of a great saga because there are NONE remotely close to DS to play instead... How much did you played this thing? 1 week? 1 month? well, I still playing Dungeon Siege 2, good games are forever, but this crap is to play once (a half in my case) and send to the trash. Expand
  41. Jun 12, 2012
    I was very excited when I played the demo and then quickly very disappointed. The controls for the PC is like trying to use a potato peeler to shave your beard. They scream of reckless console port. That alone made the game feel awkward to play and would have given this game a bad score. But of course they couldn't have stopped there. Even though this game has the dungeon siege name itI was very excited when I played the demo and then quickly very disappointed. The controls for the PC is like trying to use a potato peeler to shave your beard. They scream of reckless console port. That alone made the game feel awkward to play and would have given this game a bad score. But of course they couldn't have stopped there. Even though this game has the dungeon siege name it literally has nothing to do with the original series. Every single mechanic is different for the worst. The inventory is a pain to use, the abilities are boring, the fighting is now a boring hack and slash, the stats on the items are uninteresting and randomized, and the camera is like trying to wrestle with a crocodile. Although, the worst of all is the multiplayer. That is the sole purpose that I bought this game when it went on sale on steam. I had the bad fortune to think "What could possibly go wrong", the answer was a lot. Every person playing the game shares the same camera. I don't think you understand the gravity of that statement. EVERY PERSON IN AN -ONLINE COOP GAME- HAS TO SHARE THE SAME TINY CAMERA. It was actually impressive that they made the Coop experience WORSE than the actual game. Thanks for destroying my hopes of my favorite series coming back Obsidian Entertainment... Expand
  42. Aug 23, 2012
    The nicest thing I can say about this game is it looks pretty. The interface is obviously designed for a console and is awkward on PC. This game in no way resembles a dungeon siege game. In the first two the mythology was kinda stupid but you played the first one for the stunning graphics. The second game took on sort of a diablo 2 feel and was more of a grind but still had its moments ofThe nicest thing I can say about this game is it looks pretty. The interface is obviously designed for a console and is awkward on PC. This game in no way resembles a dungeon siege game. In the first two the mythology was kinda stupid but you played the first one for the stunning graphics. The second game took on sort of a diablo 2 feel and was more of a grind but still had its moments of surreal beauty. In this game the mythology is all that is left. They took what should have been mature interesting characters (as per the cover graphics) and turned them into colorful little cartoon blobs. I'd say the biggest problem with this game is its target audience. This game should have 10-14 written in big letters on the title. It is a children's game. The gear doesn't matter so your son or daughter can play to their hearts content with whatever colorful thing catches their fancy.

Anyone who enjoyed the first two games and shelled out money for this got ripped off. I personally burned $30. I would be mad as hell if I payed the $60 they wanted when it first came out. I will nearly always beat a computer game I've payed for at least once. Even if it becomes tedious. Just so I feel like I got my dollars worth. This game is so bad I just couldn't.
  43. Jun 12, 2013
    I like DS1 and DS2. but DS3 use new things,new Engine and i hate it. Better if DS3 have the same differents to DS2 like DS1 to DS2. First i saw the Menu,it looks epic,but than i have to choose a character. I can't change details and the charakters are so strange. I searching for a Charakter with Bow,but what Pistoles and Guns This Sucks. And the Fights are like Tekken. For me this GameI like DS1 and DS2. but DS3 use new things,new Engine and i hate it. Better if DS3 have the same differents to DS2 like DS1 to DS2. First i saw the Menu,it looks epic,but than i have to choose a character. I can't change details and the charakters are so strange. I searching for a Charakter with Bow,but what Pistoles and Guns This Sucks. And the Fights are like Tekken. For me this Game called DS3 isn't a RPG. Expand
  44. May 5, 2013
    The camera is the worst I ever seen in any game over the world. It's impossible to control my character. It isn't addictive. A good job but in a wrong way...
    I expect full translation when I bought a game in my language, but dialogues are in English.
    Finally, only to mention Stream system and its family... Since I installed the game, with titanic efforts to carry out running Steam on my computer, it hangs my system at restart 6 in 10 times, as well as crash updating Stream system.
    Is Stream the "solution" or the "virus"?
  45. Nov 26, 2014
    To be part of a saga a game needs to keep the same gameplay. For Dungeon Siege this means an Action RPG with a full customized character progressing through cross-classes melee, ranged or mage, recruiting NPCs to make a team, and of course in isometric view with its editor to make mods. But this is a casual RPG with pre-defined characters in 3rd person without editor or mods. The problemTo be part of a saga a game needs to keep the same gameplay. For Dungeon Siege this means an Action RPG with a full customized character progressing through cross-classes melee, ranged or mage, recruiting NPCs to make a team, and of course in isometric view with its editor to make mods. But this is a casual RPG with pre-defined characters in 3rd person without editor or mods. The problem is that I don't like games of the second genera described, so I can't even play it for more than 5' without getting bored. You can understand why the "third game of this saga" worth Zero to me, right? Expand
  46. Sep 4, 2014
    This game is shame for Dungeon siege series! Its not anymore "hack n slash" but "talk n walk" im VERY disapointes to dat... graphic maybe is better but "Playing games for grapjic is like watching porn for storyline"
  47. Sep 7, 2014
    This game exhibits the unique property of raising mixed feelings of pure enjoyment and abysmal frustration in almost equal proportions, though I think that frustration wins in the end. My opinion is explained analytically below, analyzing different aspects that I deem critical. I have awarded points based on the premise that 10 stands for an overall stellar performance in all game aspectsThis game exhibits the unique property of raising mixed feelings of pure enjoyment and abysmal frustration in almost equal proportions, though I think that frustration wins in the end. My opinion is explained analytically below, analyzing different aspects that I deem critical. I have awarded points based on the premise that 10 stands for an overall stellar performance in all game aspects and 0 represents a game barely playable, the essence of flagrant disrespect on behalf of the developer team to the gamers. Well, as you might have imagined by now, Dungeon Siege 3 favors both ends of the scale, averaging to a mere mediocrity.

Plot, quests, side-quests: 8
    The main story is good enough with enough plot twists to convey an overall pleasant experience. The side-quests nonetheless are outrageously mediocre and lackluster.

Graphics: 7
    In terms of colorations, fx and art-quality (textures and design of NPCs and heroes) are nicely done and are almost in par even with today's (2014) standards. The textures are detailed and the colors vivid, painting a picturesque world that enhances player immersion. However, the animations lack this wow-factor that would help boost the overall experience and negate part of the dreadfulness that follows. That means, for the most part, not many variations in heroes' actions, mostly static and non-interactive background (apart from only a few breakable and story-critical objects), strictly linear . animations even during intense battle scenes.

Camera mechanics: 2
    Remember what we told about player immersion a few lines back? Well scratch that. The erratic motion of the camera-view renders the game unplayable at times and increases the possibility of an unfair death especially during critical battles with multiple foes or bosses. This not only cripples gameplay, but also increases the frustration to such levels that that one has to exit the game and retry some hours later just to avoid smashing his keyboard to pieces.

Control mechanics: 0
    Another factor that sends the game's value to a free-fall plummet, is its poorly engineered control mechanics. The only reason I put 0 here is because I sincerely feel that the game is an awful console port and there was deliberately given no consideration for PC users, who typically use keyboard and mouse combinations and not controllers, joypads and joysticks. One can control the player via the classic WASD keys from classic action games but the caveat is that keys D, A do not strafe or move the hero sideways as one could expect rather than rotating the whole camera clockwise or counter-clockwise respectively causing nausea and disorientation to even veteran players as myself. The only viable alternative - IMHO - is control with mouse and supplementary keys for actions (spells, powers etc).
    The most horrid transgression however is the fact that due to the aforementioned crazy camera twitches and crappy key-buffering (I guess) sometimes the controls become completely unresponsive (clicking does nothing) or they produce the opposite results (you click forward and go the other way since - yay! - the camera rotated on its own 180 degrees). This of course results in your untimely and completely unfair demise.

Menus & Dialogues & Inventory system: 2
    The painfully slow cascade of unnecessary dialogues needed to perform a single thing and the overall annoying and unintuitive inventory system put the nails on DS3's coffin. You will find yourself postponing more and more the decision to change the gear on your main character as well as her companions, since it is so difficult to find out what is really best for you. The only positive thing in that ugly bundle of mistakes is that each gear piece is automatically sorted under the correspondent item's category slot making it slightly easier to come to an informed decision. Also you can change only the active companion's gear at a time meaning that you must cycle-select manually all your companions (one at a time) to keep them up-to-date. Moreover, the bonus stat values are named in a weird innovative way (trying to throw in some innovation and differentiate from other similar games) and no hints are given as to what exactly they do or offer. Lastly, the level-up of all heroes is launched automatically after all nearby enemies have been defeated and there are really not many options there since, again, not enough context is given on what exactly every ability does and what the benefits
  48. Jul 16, 2011
    A decent buy if you plan to play with a friend. The storyline isn't too fascinating and feels very cliche (in fantasy story terms). The combat starts off pretty bland, but when you start to level up and get your abilities, you start to have fun with the combat. Me and my friend have noted that Lucas talks at random times during our adventures and later found out that this game is supposeA decent buy if you plan to play with a friend. The storyline isn't too fascinating and feels very cliche (in fantasy story terms). The combat starts off pretty bland, but when you start to level up and get your abilities, you start to have fun with the combat. Me and my friend have noted that Lucas talks at random times during our adventures and later found out that this game is suppose to be centered around him. I'm not entirely sure why they focused on more dialogue for him, but whatever the reason, this game is just another typical hack n slash rpg. If you decide to bring a friend, you can have little fun, but I don't think I can finish this game with my friend sadly. Expand
  49. Jul 28, 2011
    A game that could have delivered a lot more, but came out mediocre in all of it's aspects. First of all it is quite short. Took me 8 hours to beat it with all the side quests. Story is pretty straight forward, without any major twists and drama. Characters also don't have too much depth to them and game almost lacks any interaction between them. While there was an "influence" meter, itA game that could have delivered a lot more, but came out mediocre in all of it's aspects. First of all it is quite short. Took me 8 hours to beat it with all the side quests. Story is pretty straight forward, without any major twists and drama. Characters also don't have too much depth to them and game almost lacks any interaction between them. While there was an "influence" meter, it failed to attract my attention in any way because the whole point of having high influence was some abysmal buff and achievement. Combat is quite fast paced and fun even with a small selection of skills. Now the problem at this point was that with such a small amount of skills to choose from, it's really weird that only hardcore difficulty forces you to utilize each and every one of them. I've played on normal and probably used only half of the skills in the course of the game. Now that being like 9 skills in total, means i have only used 4-5 skills and only 2-3 extensively, and only on hardcore difficulty i found the need to use most of them. Graphics are quite decent though. Most of the time you will be too busy fighting to pay any attention to the scenery, but during short pauses between fights you can really see that characters and environment is quite detailed. Areas are quite small though and most places consist of some small "corridors", while open areas are far too few. Final fantasy 13 anyone? Good part is that there is quite a lot of areas and you don't have to revisit most of them. Now the real major problem with this game is that it is a pure console port. That being said the game is almost unplayable with standard PC controls. I had to use my PS3 pad in XBOX mode to be able to enjoy this game, which made me wonder, why have i bought it for PC at all. If you don't have any options in this part, i suggest not to bother at all with the game, since playing it on mouse and keyboard is agonizing. With all of the above being said i still find the game attractive enough for a second play through, which shows that while even being mediocre it still manages to deliver. I guess it's just sign of the times. Expand
  50. Oct 15, 2011
    It took a week with a horrible flue for me to give DS III one more chance. Given my previous low score I was not expecting much from this game. Turns out that was a good thing.
    Dungeon Siege III is typical fantasy tripe. Swords and mages; lots of enemies and loot. Buried somewhere beneath all of the hacking/slashing/blasting action is some semblance of a story, or so it seemed in the beginning. On the surface, however, DS III is just another action RPG. And that is not a good thing, since compared the genre at large, it does not stack up well against its modern brethren. .
    DS III lacks the shine and polish of other ARPG titles. Graphics are somewhat dated, and animations are stiff, clunk and repetitive in the extreme. Combat, a major feature of this game, is good but not great. And the camera...the camera is awful. Either a distant, top down view, or some hybrid of top down and almost-but-not-quite over the shoulder, the camera always leaves your eyes straining to see just a little further ahead despite its built-in limitations in this regard. Despite playing for more than 20 hours I never got used to that camera.
    As with Fallout: New Vegas the technical side of things is clearly not Obsidian's strength. Despite their having fixed numerous issues with DS III, some things simply cannot be improved. But what DS III lacks in technical superiority it makes up for in writing.
    See, it turns out there really is a story. Buried under all of that largely useless loot and repetitive hacking and slashing, are numerous choices. Do you save someone or let them die? Improve the lot of a major city or let it flounder? Negotiate new working contracts for downtrodden citizens or let them work as slaves? All of these choices have consequences, though most are only revealed in the ending video following the game's conclusion, making them immersive if somewhat arbitrary.
    And as for that ending...it's good, if you can stomach the truly terrible, JRPG style boss battle that serves as prelude to the ending. Shameless ripping both Final Fantasy and Glenn Cook's The Black Company novels at the same time - and making a predicable mess from the combination of the two - the ending boss battles are some of the worst I have seen since I swore off JRPG games because of, well, terrible boss battles like this one. This multi-stage, oh-it-got-away again frustration fest feels as if it will never end, and it goes from bad to worse at least three times. It is arbitrary, immersion-breaking and easily the worst thing about a not-very-good game to begin with.
    All in all DS III was worth the playthrough for me. I was sick, Skyrim wasn't out yet and I got DS III for free with a new gaming PC so the playthrough cost me nothing. I am glad I played it, but I would not do so again. The graphics are dated, animations outdated and stiff, there is too much useless loot (have we not tired of this yet) and the boss fights are truly awful for the most part. But underneath all of that there remains something endearing about this paragon of an era almost gone in terms of action RPG's.
    Get it if its extremely cheap and you are very into these sorts of games. Otherwise, pass on this one.
  51. Dec 12, 2011
    this game is... ok. dont expect a dungeon siege game even it is called Dungeon Siege 3.
    Publisher would have done better if they had given this game a new name, because it has nothing to do with the old games.
    gameplay is ok, graphics are, story is ok
    but none is good or very good
  52. May 28, 2013
    I think there is some potential here for this to be a good game but I just couldn't make it past the controls. Every step of the way it felt like I was battling the camera and more often than not it would be the cause of my death. When I really think about it, I think the camera control in this game is the worst out of any game I've ever played. Definitely try the demo out first ifI think there is some potential here for this to be a good game but I just couldn't make it past the controls. Every step of the way it felt like I was battling the camera and more often than not it would be the cause of my death. When I really think about it, I think the camera control in this game is the worst out of any game I've ever played. Definitely try the demo out first if you're thinking of getting this. Expand
  53. Jan 27, 2012
    Being a huge fan of Dungeon Siege, I was really anticipating DS3, after playing it I must say that I am disappointed to say the least, I am quite glad it was a gift and I did not waste my own money on it. On it's own, it's not a bad game, that's why I gave it a 4 and not a lower rating, but its NOT Dungeon Siege in any respect. Yet another fantastic PC game title falls victim to theBeing a huge fan of Dungeon Siege, I was really anticipating DS3, after playing it I must say that I am disappointed to say the least, I am quite glad it was a gift and I did not waste my own money on it. On it's own, it's not a bad game, that's why I gave it a 4 and not a lower rating, but its NOT Dungeon Siege in any respect. Yet another fantastic PC game title falls victim to the onslaught of cheap inferior console development. The game is about as "linear" as a game can get, nothing like DS, or even DS2. For a console game, by any other name, it would not be all that bad, not all that good, but not bad. However it's not by any other name, it was Dungeon Siege, and if you came here looking for that series, I am sorry to say, you're not going to find it here. Expand
  54. Jul 19, 2011
    Sad it had to end this way Dungeon Siege. Such a shame the long awaited Dungeon Siege 3 was developed by another company into some stupid ass simple console RPG. After the many hours I spent playing Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, this game is extremely disappointing. But, we all saw it coming with a company like Obsidian plus console release. Oh well, RIP Dungeon Siege.
  55. Jul 1, 2011
    Bland, forgettable, generic: this is DS3. Ironically, on paper DS3 sounds good: nice combat, nice graphics, lots of loot, and a story with choices. In reality, the combat is clunky. Worst PC controls EVAR, no joke. The loot and inventory system is tedious. The story is hilarious in how seriously it takes itself...too bad nobody else takes it seriously. But at least the graphics are nice,Bland, forgettable, generic: this is DS3. Ironically, on paper DS3 sounds good: nice combat, nice graphics, lots of loot, and a story with choices. In reality, the combat is clunky. Worst PC controls EVAR, no joke. The loot and inventory system is tedious. The story is hilarious in how seriously it takes itself...too bad nobody else takes it seriously. But at least the graphics are nice, hah. Truth is Diablo 2, Titan's Quest, and Torchlight all do everything better. DS3 is just a throw-away game. A real shame too...it could have been something special. Expand
  56. Jun 30, 2011
    Dungeon Siege III is possibly worth a rent if you've already played all the classics in this genre and simply can't wait for the next Torchlight or Diablo, but that's about it... the game's not really meant for a single player; it's more for co-op or on-line... and the game's ridiculously linear, which is somewhat good because you can fast forward through all those agonizingly boring cutDungeon Siege III is possibly worth a rent if you've already played all the classics in this genre and simply can't wait for the next Torchlight or Diablo, but that's about it... the game's not really meant for a single player; it's more for co-op or on-line... and the game's ridiculously linear, which is somewhat good because you can fast forward through all those agonizingly boring cut scenes and "just move forward" in the game to find your next quest... not really a lot of actual dungeons either... grinding isn't bad although with the character I played the standard boss fight strategy was a timed heal spell, attack, dodge, run away, repeat... graphics were decent and I used an Xbox360 controller (on my PC) which felt natural, although my character tended to waste time flourishing/finishing moves instead of dodging out of the way when I needed her to... there's no potions in this game either, so max out that healing spell ASAP... can I recommend DSIII? No, but it's not terrible. Expand
  57. Oct 2, 2011
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! I cannot believe I actually had to pay money for this filth. The game gives me a head ache. It has a look and a feel that might be ok if you're 4 years old. The controls are so terrible that I had nightmares about them all night. So many good gaming principles were thrown out, only to be replaced by such clumsy and unintelligent **** that I am really wondering aboutDO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! I cannot believe I actually had to pay money for this filth. The game gives me a head ache. It has a look and a feel that might be ok if you're 4 years old. The controls are so terrible that I had nightmares about them all night. So many good gaming principles were thrown out, only to be replaced by such clumsy and unintelligent **** that I am really wondering about the iq and mental health of everyone involved in creating this foul abomination. Playing the game feels like a task, as if you are a hamster running in a wheel never actually getting anywhere interesting. I'm not sure why this game is even supposed to be an RPG. There is no point and click, not really any normal skill tree, no character creation or development and what on god's green earth is wrong with the items? Oh yeah, and did I mention the sucky interface? The simplicity that worked so well for ds1 and ds2 has been replaced with stupidity. I would rather suck puke through a straw than play this game. Whatever you do, do not buy this game. Play the demo if you have to see for yourself but please do not reward the clowns that produced this garbage by actually buying it. Now I understand why it was half price on steam this weekend. Expand
  58. Jun 27, 2011
    Do not fool yourselves, this is first and foremost a console game and has little relation to the previous titles which were alot more diverse and fun. However grab an xbox controller and there are a few hours of fun to be had in this sequel as long as you enjoy this type of games. This is not a full dollar game, I would wait for a significant price cut (
  59. Jun 24, 2011
    There isn't very much to say about this game. It's ok. It's not bad, but it doesn't do anything for the genre. But then, I don't think it really tries to.
  60. Oct 17, 2012
    This game sucks.. its not DS3 and was BS to be presented as DS3. The boss fights are retarded and it overall was a piss poor purchase. You clunk along then come to a boss that even on easy (if your a more casual gamer) you need a miracle and 10 tries to beat because noone playes multi and they are not geared toward single player.
  61. Jul 3, 2011
    for the 6 people who rated it 10/10 , come on now... that is absurd.
    there is noway this game is a perfect 10 for 10, even if you do like it the graphics alone perfect?
    game of the year? that is also crazy talk
  62. Jul 7, 2011
    I bought this game thinking it would be fun multi-player, even after I tried the demo, which was stupid. The multi-player portion of the game is awful, for PC anyway. The whole game is awful, I logged in about an hour trying to play multi-player with a buddy and haven't loaded it up since, bye bye $50.
  63. Jun 27, 2011
    If you played DS1 or 2 and think this is going to be like that DONT! This game blows and I mean in the worst possible ways. Here are a few pros and cons.

Pros: Graphics are acceptable. Cons: 1. no auto save. you have to run to the light cones to save and you get 40 slots. 2. no potions. 3 you and one other member in parties. no more 5 man team as in DS1 or 2. 4 Totally liniar

Pros:
    Graphics are acceptable.

Cons:
    2. no potions.
    3 you and one other member in parties. no more 5 man team as in DS1 or 2.
    4 Totally liniar and i mean it.
    5 you have to click the E key to pic up or interact with ANYTHING other than gold.
    6. NO keyboard binding customization options
    7. POOR to non exsistent character development.
    8. POOR storyline.
    9 POOR voice acting and cut scenes. like my character will be facing away looking at the sky from the npc hes supposed to be talking to.

And much much more......short version...DONT BUY THIS! Wait for Torchlight 2 in JULY and that might gets us through to D3 :)
  64. Jun 23, 2011
    While Dungeon Siege III looks beautiful, it is nearly impossible to play on the PC. Keyboard+mouse controls are terrible, aggravated by the fact that there is no way to remap the keys to even try to fix things. Additionally, the camera views are terrible. With the two long ranged characters, you will spend many boss fights simply running around clicking since the camera is neverWhile Dungeon Siege III looks beautiful, it is nearly impossible to play on the PC. Keyboard+mouse controls are terrible, aggravated by the fact that there is no way to remap the keys to even try to fix things. Additionally, the camera views are terrible. With the two long ranged characters, you will spend many boss fights simply running around clicking since the camera is never pointing at anything useful. Often, you can't zoom out far enough to even see what you are attacking. Finally, compared to pass Dungeon Siege titles, this game has been ridiculously dumbed-down, with each character getting only 9 abilities total. I can only assume that game companies have decided that we have become too dumb to deal with any amount of complexity in the character builds. Verdict for me: definitely don't buy. This is the first game in a long time that I feel I wasted my money on. Expand
  65. Aug 17, 2011
    This garbage makes me actually want to play DA2. The controls in this game are pretty mediocre, I understand that it's ported from console, but come on they could have just used the standard over the top rpg controls... It gets even worse in coop with a shared screen betalween all party members, I honestly fail to see the logic behind that move. The gameplay was actually alright, evenThis garbage makes me actually want to play DA2. The controls in this game are pretty mediocre, I understand that it's ported from console, but come on they could have just used the standard over the top rpg controls... It gets even worse in coop with a shared screen betalween all party members, I honestly fail to see the logic behind that move. The gameplay was actually alright, even kind of fun on certain fights... although the game got progressively easier, I played on the highest difficulty and the only time I died was to a miniboss that you encounter about 30 minutes into the game. Unfortunately everything else was terrible, it had horrible voice acting, you honestly could have taken 5 people off the streets and they could have done a better job. Granted they didn't have much to work with as the story and writing is absolute garbage. They tried to make some kind of Mass Effect dialogue wheel, but there's pretty much 1 choice in the game that will probably have a minute effect on the expansion or dlcs. Sadly this game would have been better if they just removed all the dialogue and plot and just stuck a massive arrow over your characters head which directed you through the game. I'm not fond of giving red scores to games with a budget, but this crap legitimately deserved it, it would suck even if it was from some unknown indie developer. Expand
  66. Aug 11, 2011
    This game is simply garbage. Boring, with poor action elements and simplified to the point where you get like 2 options to choose when "customizing" your hero. The graphics is OK, but everywhere you feel that it was made for consoles and was ported without any tweaking. textures are low resolution, everything is blurred and such. And you get these colour palette designed for 5 year oldThis game is simply garbage. Boring, with poor action elements and simplified to the point where you get like 2 options to choose when "customizing" your hero. The graphics is OK, but everywhere you feel that it was made for consoles and was ported without any tweaking. textures are low resolution, everything is blurred and such. And you get these colour palette designed for 5 year old kids, with rainbows and unicorns. Hello Kitty comparing to DS3 feels like a gloomy show. Characters you can play with are totally lame and even looking at them makes you sick. And when the start talking... OMG! Also I hate those console like dialog menus, with very few conversation options. Probably because they didn't want those 5yo kids to get confused.

You don;t believe me? Go to STEAM and download demo. If after playing it you will be willing to pay for this piece of crap more than 5 bucks, I'll be amazed and simply shocked.
  67. Vio
    Nov 20, 2011
    Waste of money. I pre-ordered this piece of junk. Fired her up, realized I couldn't strafe, mouse control was terrible, camera was bad, you have to run up to stuff and press E to pick stuff up - you cant just mouse over a item on a shelf and click it! Aside from that the game is utterly linear. Really this isn't dungeon siege at all, its some other game that sucks that just bears itsWaste of money. I pre-ordered this piece of junk. Fired her up, realized I couldn't strafe, mouse control was terrible, camera was bad, you have to run up to stuff and press E to pick stuff up - you cant just mouse over a item on a shelf and click it! Aside from that the game is utterly linear. Really this isn't dungeon siege at all, its some other game that sucks that just bears its name...
    Did I like it? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO YOU CANNOT DO THIS TO ME NO!!!
  68. Jun 24, 2011
    THE GOOD: Switching stances to execute different attacks is a good idea. The graphics, while not being outstanding, are well polished. The sound design is pretty good. THE BAD: Boring loot table, a leveling system that is not engaging at all. THE UGLY: The controls are horrible on the PC, but that wouldn't be so bad if we could remap key bindings. But we can't. What the hell?

Side Rant:

Side Rant: One of the fun things about dungeon crawlers is finding cool loot, not only items that do cool things but look cool. I can barely tell that I'm wearing different armor or weapons, and I have a suspicion that most of the armor models are identical. Look at Torchlight as a good example of loot done well.
  69. Aug 26, 2011
    A confused and disjointed narrative attempts to deliver an incredibly bland story in this, the most disappointing rpg i've yet played.

graphically average, disappointing sound design add to the games seeming boredom with itself. No real customization of your characters appearance and an unrewarding multiplayer system which seems to insist that you you ignore it completely for it's almost

No real customization of your characters appearance and an unrewarding multiplayer system which seems to insist that you you ignore it completely for it's almost equally un-rewarding single player.

It's just bad, even for an obviously console focused rpg ported poorly across. Skip this, buy it's predecessors which I enjoyed far more then this when given it free for pre-purachasing this tremendous waste of time.
  70. Jun 24, 2011
    I see several reviews stating that the game has potential...potential is something that the demo should show. The game itself should deliver. If you based your vote on "potential" on a final product and not what it delivers, please don't have children as that kind of stupidity is bad for the rest of the planet. You wouldn't rate a steak dinner that was horrible a "10" if "the beef hadI see several reviews stating that the game has potential...potential is something that the demo should show. The game itself should deliver. If you based your vote on "potential" on a final product and not what it delivers, please don't have children as that kind of stupidity is bad for the rest of the planet. You wouldn't rate a steak dinner that was horrible a "10" if "the beef had potential." The controls are horrible and Obsidian knew this. They knew before the game was supposed to launch and deliberately disabled the key binding ability because there was a bug in it. So instead of fixing the problem, they rushed an unfinished product out the door to get it out on time. The only positive from buying this game is its one less company I have to consider for a quality product. I played it for about an hour after I bought it through Steam. I already uninstalled it. Nice waste of $50! Expand
  71. Jun 25, 2011
    There are 2 problems with this game: 1) it's called "dungeon siege 3" and 2) the keyboard/mouse and camera controls are awful. It's really designed to be played with a game pad on a console, and it loses a lot of the fun elements of the first 2 games such as running a large party, finding exciting loot and tweaking out your character as you level, and the UI for managing your characterThere are 2 problems with this game: 1) it's called "dungeon siege 3" and 2) the keyboard/mouse and camera controls are awful. It's really designed to be played with a game pad on a console, and it loses a lot of the fun elements of the first 2 games such as running a large party, finding exciting loot and tweaking out your character as you level, and the UI for managing your character and inventory and shopping is much more awkward. Taken for what it is its a fun console hack and slash, but they really changed too much of the formula that made the previous 2 games fun for me. Expand
  72. Jun 23, 2011
    Very disappointed from Square Enix again. You have to choose a class, gone are the days of developing your player based on how you play. You have to play a canned player. Graphics are on par for consoles, controls like a console. Narrow maps. You will enjoy this if you like canned player, click and kill, gamepad games.
  73. Jul 1, 2011
    This game had beautiful graphics to it but that is honestly about the extent of it. The game was VERY short for the price tag that the company was asking for it. I would ask around 19.99 for this game and that is being generous. It had a somewhat ok story line that ended all to quickly unlike the past dungeon sieges that kept you playing for hours. The transitions of the story wereThis game had beautiful graphics to it but that is honestly about the extent of it. The game was VERY short for the price tag that the company was asking for it. I would ask around 19.99 for this game and that is being generous. It had a somewhat ok story line that ended all to quickly unlike the past dungeon sieges that kept you playing for hours. The transitions of the story were HORRIBLE as if no imagination what so ever but to simply draw out a picture of something and post words to it. This game can be gone through in less than one day without breaks easily. The controls were absolutely horrible!!!! I did not get used to the controls up until almost the end of the game. For someone looking to blow some money for NOTHING it is great. For someone looking for a really great hard core game you can enjoy for many hours, It is NOT for you. They have seriously let me along with I am sure many others down that truly expected something better from the dungeon siege series. Expand
  74. Jul 10, 2011
    If they wanted to make castlevania meets the witcher, that's all fine and good but DON"T call it Dungeon Siege III. The practice of hijacking franchise names to rob and mislead the fans of good quality earlier PC titles has just got to stop. This is a mediocre at best, totally linear console game dressed up like a good old fashion PC loot crawler. Why they couldn't just stick the damnIf they wanted to make castlevania meets the witcher, that's all fine and good but DON"T call it Dungeon Siege III. The practice of hijacking franchise names to rob and mislead the fans of good quality earlier PC titles has just got to stop. This is a mediocre at best, totally linear console game dressed up like a good old fashion PC loot crawler. Why they couldn't just stick the damn established formula, or just come up with a new name for whatever this is, is totally beyond me. Don't' believe the hype, It's NOT a sequel. Expand
  75. Jun 25, 2011
    Having completed all three Dungeon Siege games, I can say that I like this one as much as DS2, but not as much as DS1. DS3 misses in a lot of places (controls being the primary), and as with Dragon Age 2, this game was not true to the original. This is not a dungeon crawler, since the maps have no areas to explore (everything is tied to being on a quest), and while this is a departure fromHaving completed all three Dungeon Siege games, I can say that I like this one as much as DS2, but not as much as DS1. DS3 misses in a lot of places (controls being the primary), and as with Dragon Age 2, this game was not true to the original. This is not a dungeon crawler, since the maps have no areas to explore (everything is tied to being on a quest), and while this is a departure from the original series, the game makes for a decent action-adventure; not a great one, but a decent one. When the game is run on a gampad, everything makes sense, and the action is smooth and sometimes frantic. The camera for this game is lacking, two-views were not enough to take me to my happy place, and with the quality of the models in the game I really wish I could have zoomed in more. The fixed character development, smacked of action-adventure games, and it really didn't help me get engaged with my toon. Loot was REALLY random, at level 6 I found a high-level orange gun at a vendor, I was able to equip it, and I used it all the way to endgame...The stats we easily gleaned from the retail price of the gear, so I felt no need to level my toon since they could use anything they found or bought, and I no reason to look at any loot below the price what I had equipped. The story was fine, and the boss fights were entertaining at normal and hard levels. This game is not a blockbuster, just a title that was released, had little thought put to it as a "PC Title", but had no bugs. Let's hope a patch comes out that allows people to overcome the controller issues.

Now for a SLAMMMMMMM!!!
    I can definitely say I will be avoiding any game Obsidian makes in the future, they have a 'special ability' with sequels that makes my stomach turn, and are a big reason behind Bioware/EA not releasing KOTOR 3 on it's own...Obsidian effectively killed the series with KOTOR2. Obsidian is clearly not on par with great design companies like Gas Powered Games (pausing for a moment of silence), and Bioware. If you didn't like DS3, tell Obsidian with your pocketbook. ABOUT PORTS:
    Not all ports are bad, but all ports had game pads in their past. To everyone out there complaining about the controls, you should consider buying an XB360 wired controller for your PC, they worked great in this game...Let's face it folks, many games get ported from consoles, and the only way to play these games is via the game pad. Mouse and keyboards are afterthoughts. If you don't like this don't buy console ports, or multi-platform released games (ones that share the release date with PC and consoles), because you will always be disappointed.

...and finally about misguided ratings...
    As for this game's ratings on meta-critic, the yays and nays are so off target that they are going to be ignored. If you rated a 10, but said something negative about the game, you blew it; and a 9 rating would have been hard to justify. If you rated this game less than a 3, then you are WAY off base...if you want to see a game that REALLY deserves a 3 or less, then look to Tenchu: Dark Secret for the DS or Bethesda's original Terminator game for PC (gives me shivvers just thinking back to those days). When you've played 1000's of games to completion...then you can start giving out scores from 3 to 0 and know that you where right in doing so.
  76. Jan 19, 2013
    Environments and graphics looks nice, everything runs smooth, no crashes etc. However the game mechanics is a bad joke, it makes DS3 feel cheap, dull voice acting and terrible cut scenes aswell.
  77. Aug 19, 2011
    This is a game that was worth pre-ordering for the added bonus of the first two games in the series. Looking back at those, I personally believe this game is an improvement, as they've finally added a little RPG elements to the hack and slash carnage. However, I don't believe this game is a major enough improvement for today's capabilities. All in all, it's the kind of game that's quiteThis is a game that was worth pre-ordering for the added bonus of the first two games in the series. Looking back at those, I personally believe this game is an improvement, as they've finally added a little RPG elements to the hack and slash carnage. However, I don't believe this game is a major enough improvement for today's capabilities. All in all, it's the kind of game that's quite fun to play once through and never touch again. Collapse
  78. Mar 11, 2012
    Seriously, all the hate? I loved DS II (cmon, the scope was epic) and know for sure this game isn¨t anything like it, but to give it anything below five is not objective. It NEVER crashes, period; skill usage and combat are smooth and all the mechanics function perfectly; music is decent and both the voice acting and graphic well above average. Of course, it helps if you realiseSeriously, all the hate? I loved DS II (cmon, the scope was epic) and know for sure this game isn¨t anything like it, but to give it anything below five is not objective. It NEVER crashes, period; skill usage and combat are smooth and all the mechanics function perfectly; music is decent and both the voice acting and graphic well above average. Of course, it helps if you realise straight away that it IS a console action game, and all the drawbacks are there: you need some time to adapt to the controls, and they never feel natural to a PC gamer; there is no pause button, and no potions - you need to dodge and block. I absolutely disagree on the customization issue: there is a VERY good chance to customize your character through gear stats, allowing you to focus on crits, overall damage, special stats, or survivability. Depending on theis, your preferred set of skills alter as well. However, abilities and type of gear are fixed to a character class (so that only warrior may use swords, and no other class may learn warrior's abilities - unlike classic Dungeon Siege). Overall, It's a decent console-ported action dungeon crawler. The gameplay has nothing to do with the "previous" DS games, so be warned. Also, the length is somewhat an issue - even with two playthroughs, it didn't take me longer than 20 hours. Expand
  79. Apr 24, 2012
    I believe this game's biggest crime was naming it Dungeon Siege III. I found the game enjoyable as an action RPG-lite style game in a vein similar to the Overlord series, Dragon Age II, and perhaps Trine. Think Gauntlet and you'll be on the right track. Its a decent bit of cartoonish fantasy fun that works better with a gamepad than the traditional keyboard and mouse setup. The gameI believe this game's biggest crime was naming it Dungeon Siege III. I found the game enjoyable as an action RPG-lite style game in a vein similar to the Overlord series, Dragon Age II, and perhaps Trine. Think Gauntlet and you'll be on the right track. Its a decent bit of cartoonish fantasy fun that works better with a gamepad than the traditional keyboard and mouse setup. The game features a dialogue/choice system similar to Bioware's. It's not quite as fleshed out, but not quite as pointless either. Decisions you make are neither good nor bad, just different, and will effect how things carry forth from the point they are made. With the excellent Treasure of the Sun DLC the entire game clocked in at 20 hours for the first play through including all but a few side quests. The previously mentioned choice system and four character classes lends the game a fair bit of potential replay value. I recommend giving this game a look the next time Steam puts it on sale. Expand
  80. Jun 4, 2013
    Now don't waste your time playing this crap as there are much better similar games to waste your time with. You already know which ones I mean, don't you? Yes: Diablo 3 and, even better (and cheaper), Torchlight 2. You have been warned
  81. Jun 22, 2011
    Ok lets start here. If your expecting a Dungeon Siege game with this 3rd installment. Your not gonna get it with this title. What made DS 1&2 does not make it into 3. However so far of what I have played on it it seems to be a fairly solid RPG with really good graphics. Now back to what's not in the game if you were expecting DS3 to at least be somewhat like DS 1&2 1) Death - Don't dieOk lets start here. If your expecting a Dungeon Siege game with this 3rd installment. Your not gonna get it with this title. What made DS 1&2 does not make it into 3. However so far of what I have played on it it seems to be a fairly solid RPG with really good graphics. Now back to what's not in the game if you were expecting DS3 to at least be somewhat like DS 1&2 1) Death - Don't die it's game over and back to last save point. 2) Save Points - They are in set area's you can not save and exit the game where ever you want. 3) Skills - You no longer can just use w/e weapon you want and build your character from their. The Hero you pick as your starting character will determine what abilities and gear you will be using. 4) Large groups - Nope not here. Party size is limited to 2 characters. 5) DS2 was fairly linear in terms of where you went especially compared to DS1. However that's nothing compared to how straight DS3 is. One of my most beloved aspects of DS1 was the world, and picking different ways to travel to various locations. 6) Controls are way different in this versus the others. 7) No potions. All in all it's not a bad game or rpg however I do dislike them using the Dungeon Siege name to sell their title. As pretty much everything that made Dungeon Siege what it is. Is not in DS3. This game is ridiculously short for an RPG even doing all the side quests. Not worth 50-60$ Maybe 10-15$ for it's horrid controls, bad camera action, and with how short it is Expand
  82. Jun 24, 2011
    Not only the game has next to nothing in common with Dungeon Siege I and II, but it's just plain bad action RPG. Lame graphics and animations, horrible character development and equipment (no item sets in ARPG, what a joke), and game's interface is a nightmare. Overall, it's yet another pathetic attempt to use famous brand for selling an utter garbage to the players.
  83. Jun 23, 2011
    Pure rubbish, it is so much like Fable - the look, the feel, the similar combat styles, the green experience orbs etc. The developers tried to combine a top down view with fable combat. The reason why no one has done this before is because they know IT DOESN'T WORK! The combat feels clunky and the controls aren't great at all. I'm a lefty and as far as the demo tells, there is no way toPure rubbish, it is so much like Fable - the look, the feel, the similar combat styles, the green experience orbs etc. The developers tried to combine a top down view with fable combat. The reason why no one has done this before is because they know IT DOESN'T WORK! The combat feels clunky and the controls aren't great at all. I'm a lefty and as far as the demo tells, there is no way to change your controls at all. And yeah the graphics are nice but the characters are damn plain and near emotionless. I entered a village in the demo and most of the npc villagers were just standing around doing f*** all, not even trying to act like real people. The leveling up system feels unessesarily complicated and the loot, I swear that all of the loot is the same! I expected to be able to pick up the guns and swords from slain enemies but you cant! You're locked into the class that you pick. And from what the demo has shown, you have no control over your companion/s whatsoever. I also couldnt find a way to heal my character. As far as i could tell there were no health potions or anything (if there is then the game didnt tell me), and so i just kept runnning into massive amounts of foes button mashing everywhere. But because combat is so bad and fast, you have no time to use tactics and so i found myself killed over ten times during the demo ending boss fight. Now because it was the demo i just kept respawning where i died, but it had me thinking "Well how the hell am i suppposed to do this fight properly in the real game?". Overall this is just ridiculous. I expected to be able to click on an enemy to attack him, but instead i have to rotate in his general direction and constantly click without aiming (not helped by the terrible lock on system). A top down view with this combat DOES NOT WORK! Its no fun and the loot feels boring. Nothing like its previous games. Expand
  84. Jun 22, 2011
    A less than fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. The art and music is impressive. The story is average, the camera is clumsy, the level design is linear and the combat is mediocre. It is quite a short game. It is playable, but not all that fun, especially for fans of the genre.
  85. Jun 25, 2011
  86. MGT
    Jun 25, 2011
    This game is totally AWful - The grapics are about the only good thing there is to this game. You can read my full review here: http://mygametake.com/profiles/blogs/hands-on-dungeon-siege-3
  87. Jun 23, 2011
    Oh man, I am so dissapointed...If I wanted to play The Witcher...I would have bought the F&^$ Witcher. To the people that keep saying, "I dunno why they are giving bad reviews," hmmm well that is probably because you never played the first two. Two huge upsets for me this year Duke and DS3...I really hope that HOMM6 does not change their formula for their release. However...they KILLEDOh man, I am so dissapointed...If I wanted to play The Witcher...I would have bought the F&^$ Witcher. To the people that keep saying, "I dunno why they are giving bad reviews," hmmm well that is probably because you never played the first two. Two huge upsets for me this year Duke and DS3...I really hope that HOMM6 does not change their formula for their release. However...they KILLED on the graphics quality...so kudos to that, but Shame shame for changing the DS formula that EVERYONE wanted. Expand
  88. Jun 22, 2011
    I guess I can start by reiterating what so many others have said here and that this game might have scored better had it not called itself Dungeon Siege III. Having played both of the previous DS games, I bought this one sight unseen. My mistake, I know. Controls are bad, co-op shares a common screen (even when playing on different systems) and game play is nothing like the first two.I guess I can start by reiterating what so many others have said here and that this game might have scored better had it not called itself Dungeon Siege III. Having played both of the previous DS games, I bought this one sight unseen. My mistake, I know. Controls are bad, co-op shares a common screen (even when playing on different systems) and game play is nothing like the first two. Using the name of a known series to push a completely different game just strikes me wrong. Will patches bring up the playability? I hope so, but I have my doubts. Expand
  89. Jun 22, 2011
    Worst dungeon siege game I have ever played. both 1 and 2 are way better. In this game the camera is frustrating the combat is boring its just a bad game period.
  90. Jun 27, 2011
    Dungeon Seige 3 shares little in common with the previous 2 games in the series other than it's name and the fact that there are some dungeons that need sieging. This game is more of a hack and slash action game like Gauntlet Legends or Legends of Norrath. I'm finding the single player story enjoyable since I happen to own a PC gamepad. The Keyboard and Mouse controls are aweful and itDungeon Seige 3 shares little in common with the previous 2 games in the series other than it's name and the fact that there are some dungeons that need sieging. This game is more of a hack and slash action game like Gauntlet Legends or Legends of Norrath. I'm finding the single player story enjoyable since I happen to own a PC gamepad. The Keyboard and Mouse controls are aweful and it seems like no one bothered to playtest how they worked. The online mode is terrible, with a top down shared camera that clutters the screen so much I often lose track of where my character is. The other downside is that you can't take your character into another person's game to earn loot and exp for yourself, playing online has you joining another person's story and you assuming control of one of the NPC players they have recruited, (and hope they choose some good skills). Expand
  91. Sep 16, 2011
    I played the demo and that was enough. Honestly, the story didn't seem bad and the graphics looked nice. The downside has been said before: this is a console port. An OBVIOUS port. It's as if they didn't change anything for the PC. The result is an interface that is poor. And not just the fighting controls which are horrible but the rest of the interface is buried under too many clicks.I played the demo and that was enough. Honestly, the story didn't seem bad and the graphics looked nice. The downside has been said before: this is a console port. An OBVIOUS port. It's as if they didn't change anything for the PC. The result is an interface that is poor. And not just the fighting controls which are horrible but the rest of the interface is buried under too many clicks. This is not the first RPG ever done by Obsidian but it sure feels like it; I don't know what they were thinking. It's sad because I actually wanted to like this game. But I won't be buying it. Expand
  92. Jun 23, 2011
    I will never fool myself in to buying another dungeon seige game. Dont get me wrong the first was amazing. Its was open and I enjoyed exploring and killing everything I could find, and the sheer amount of armor and weapons was endless, plus the player mods just kept adding more. And the ratings for the game reflected that.
    2 comes along and everything is on rails, you still have all
    2 comes along and everything is on rails, you still have all room to play but the feeling of size and worldliness was gone. And I even remember the rates for it!! they were bad, no one likes it compared to the first.
    Now 3 comes along and im thinking to myself this game should be epic, the company had to have realized that 1 was their money maker, its what people loved and wanted more of, and of course any company picking up this title to continue the series would realize also that what they needed was just 1 revamped, alittle for graphics, more lands to explore, even a more complex character building. What I ended up with though is an even bigger railed game. WTF! Listen if your first was a success, and the second an utter failure you dont continue to build on the second you fools!
  93. Jun 22, 2011
    This game has nothing to elevate it above average and to top it all off the control scheme is terrible. The customization is very limited. You only get 9 usable abilities for a character. The loot you find barely changes your character's appearance at all which is basically a bad design decision and flat out laziness in a loot based game. And a playthrough is about 8 hours long.

It's just

It's just a mindless and poor game. Do yourself a favor and play Titan Quest or Torchlight instead while you wait for Diablo 3.
  94. Jun 22, 2011
    This game has nothing to do with DS series. Only good thing about the game is the gameplay graphics. Dialog and cinematic graphics are horrible. Voice acting is bad and story is not engaging at all, feel free to skip through all the dialogs, you won't miss a thing. Party is limited to 2 characters and there are only 4 characters to choose from. Combat is boring and repetitive, there areThis game has nothing to do with DS series. Only good thing about the game is the gameplay graphics. Dialog and cinematic graphics are horrible. Voice acting is bad and story is not engaging at all, feel free to skip through all the dialogs, you won't miss a thing. Party is limited to 2 characters and there are only 4 characters to choose from. Combat is boring and repetitive, there are almost no side quests and the quests you do are always conveniently put on your path making this game the most linear RPG I've ever played. Also RPG elements like character development are almost non-existent, as there are more levels than options so you'll eventually pickup everything your choice is limited to the order you take them. I didn't try multiplayer that aspect might be fun but otherwise I'd skip this game. Expand
  95. Jun 22, 2011
    I'm at a loss to start. The manual is devoid of important information. The abilities screen is not intuative. Abilities aren't clearly sorted. The should be sorted based on the stance name, not 1, 2 or 3 in a left to right fashion, the way people read... I think this game would be much more enjoyable as a melee character. For some reason I choose the hunter... as a hunter you cannot aim.I'm at a loss to start. The manual is devoid of important information. The abilities screen is not intuative. Abilities aren't clearly sorted. The should be sorted based on the stance name, not 1, 2 or 3 in a left to right fashion, the way people read... I think this game would be much more enjoyable as a melee character. For some reason I choose the hunter... as a hunter you cannot aim. Instead you have to look in the general direction and fire away. The computer AI chooses your target for you. You find yourself shooting the furtherest mob instead of the one pounding on you. This leads to substancial frustration, especially in boss fights like "the dapper gent", where you have to target mobs and structures. For some reason, you have to USE the e key to pick up drops. A complete nuisance to the game that serves no purpose as your inventory doesn't seem to have any limit restrictions. The loot in this game is horrible. I can't stress that enough, there's little varibility to it, you'll collect 6 or 7 of the same weapon over and over again. You can vender it for coin. The venders do offer a few pieces that look good, but there's a problem. The vendors don't distunguish between what your character can and cannot use. You can buy an awesome looking chest peice but never be able to equip it, because it wasn't intended for your class. The save game function is all console game... you have to find the location and save the game. If frustration is a lot of fun to you, then this game delivers 100%. If you want to have RPG fun, then pick up Witcher 2 or Dragon Age / Dragon Age 2, those games are much more rewarding for the same or cheaper price tag. Expand
  96. Jun 21, 2011
    Oh dear... I should have looked at the warning signs before I brought it for full price. Released on the console and PC at the same time and Squire Enix being involved being the biggest ones. Firstly the controls aren't configurable thank you so much consoles for that so the change stances button which is Q and your first power which is 1 are right next to each other. You will beOh dear... I should have looked at the warning signs before I brought it for full price. Released on the console and PC at the same time and Squire Enix being involved being the biggest ones. Firstly the controls aren't configurable thank you so much consoles for that so the change stances button which is Q and your first power which is 1 are right next to each other. You will be pressing both of those keys a lot and I keep pressing the wrong one again and again. The controls in general feel clunky and not fluid at all not helping of course by the camera. As the one ranged character you get I found myself firing off the screen at where I hoped the enemy was because I just couldn't zoom out enough to see. The atmosphere just isn't there for me compared to the first two games which was the one thing I hoped they would move over. This is just trading off of the name with some mention of lore now and again to try and link them to rest of the series. I am just hoping we get to a tipping point soon where us customers just have enough of bad games with bad game play that are made just to make money rather then for the love of it. Give us back the fun and we will actually want to pay for it. Expand
  97. Jun 22, 2011
    I'm not sure why they even bothered porting this to the PC. It has all the limitations of the console with none of the advantages of the PC. No choice, no customization, TERRIBLE camera positioning and control. It barely avoids completely linear progression. Completely unforgivable. Yet another franchise destroyed by the console business model.
  98. Jun 22, 2011
    Graphics are alright, nothing mind blowing, but alright. This is the only thing this game has going for it. It doesn't follow it's predecessors gameplay wise at all. The controls are horid on the PC. Without a gamepad I would go as far as saying it is unplayable. That they have the audacity to call it a co-op game appalls me. It is just a side kick system that gives you no realGraphics are alright, nothing mind blowing, but alright. This is the only thing this game has going for it. It doesn't follow it's predecessors gameplay wise at all. The controls are horid on the PC. Without a gamepad I would go as far as saying it is unplayable. That they have the audacity to call it a co-op game appalls me. It is just a side kick system that gives you no real reason to play with other people. Bottem line, it is not what it is advertised as. Expand
  99. Jun 21, 2011
    For anyone hoping for a true Dungeon Siege sequel, turn around now and walk away. This game is definitely not it. The DS series has, up to this point, been characterized by almost infinite character customization and fun storylines that don't take themselves to seriously (I want my goblin flamethrower!), with great multiplayer and simple click-fest combat. This game has none of that.For anyone hoping for a true Dungeon Siege sequel, turn around now and walk away. This game is definitely not it. The DS series has, up to this point, been characterized by almost infinite character customization and fun storylines that don't take themselves to seriously (I want my goblin flamethrower!), with great multiplayer and simple click-fest combat. This game has none of that. The graphics are decent, not great. That's about the only really good thing I can say. The controls are horrible, character customization is for all intents and purposes nonexistent, combat controls are iffy at best. The storyline is old. Multiplayer doesn't really let you bring your own character into a game. Oh, and speaking of multiplayer, if you needed proof that this is just a bad port of a mediocre console game, when you try to find a multiplayer game, the prompt for Player 2 to press Start to join is still there. Using the Xbox Start icon. REALLY OBSIDIAN? Expand
  100. Jun 22, 2011
    This is only a dungeon siege game by name. Repetitive combat, boring story and rigid game overall. Ds1 and 2 were great games. Ds3 is not fantastic, not great or good. Its plain boring, not worth your money! Its a shame the DS name is getting dragged through the mud. I will go and play dungeon siege 2 now and dream of DS4 hoping it will be great..
  101. Aug 19, 2011

1. Oct 26, 2011
    One of the biggest differences in this game is that you exert a lot of control over your main character.
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    Ultimately, Dungeon Siege III is an easy-to-play popcorn journey into the classic action-RPG genre, hitting every checkbox. There is little innovation here, but it offers plenty of examples of how good design and development practices can make a derivative game enjoyable - and how a pretty severely console-designed game can be adjusted to feel largely right on a PC.
    Don't be discouraged by the slow and dumb beginning of the game – you'll be rewarded by many hours of fun. Strong story and cooperative multiplayer are more than worth your attention. [Issue#207]