Dungeonland PC

7.5

1. Jul 29, 2013
    An ok game where you lead a few characters thru some messy and chaotic battles vs hordes of mobs. The artwork is amazing, there is lots of funny stuff. It's just that the gameplay is rather shallow and repetitive. Probably it's good for kids.
  2. Feb 16, 2013
    Good game if you play with people you know or get lucky with randoms, but it could have been a lot better. The levelling up/customisation options are a bit limited for the classes and unfortunately playing the dungeon master yourself is simultaneously more fun, easier and gives better rewards I have found it takes forever to get a game online if you want to be the dungeon master. TheGood game if you play with people you know or get lucky with randoms, but it could have been a lot better. The levelling up/customisation options are a bit limited for the classes and unfortunately playing the dungeon master yourself is simultaneously more fun, easier and gives better rewards I have found it takes forever to get a game online if you want to be the dungeon master. The single player mode is too hard due to crappy AI on the bots and its way too easy to play as the Dungeon master vs the bots. I also don't really like the WASD movement system for this kind of game as it makes targeting harder than it needs to be, especially for ranged abilities. I would have preferred a point and click system like diablo and so forth.
    Personally I haven't seen any gameplay bugs at all, tho occasionally online matchmaking has seemed to be slow.
    Overall worth a look but a lot of missed potential here I feel. Could be that it will get better as time goes on and new content comes out.
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    I have put a lot of hopes to this game and maybe this was a case, that it didn't looked as good as I was hoping. Graphics are nice and color-full, but game lacks a bit of optimization. At least I doubt that on Phenom x6, 8gb ram, HD 6850 PC it should have lags. But it does... sometimes... The game is good, just it kinda gets boring because you can play only one map (dungeon master mode). II have put a lot of hopes to this game and maybe this was a case, that it didn't looked as good as I was hoping. Graphics are nice and color-full, but game lacks a bit of optimization. At least I doubt that on Phenom x6, 8gb ram, HD 6850 PC it should have lags. But it does... sometimes... The game is good, just it kinda gets boring because you can play only one map (dungeon master mode). I was playing this game only with friends and we only wanted to play dungeon master, so we got bored after few hours of game play cause of one map only. Add more maps and it will be awesome game. (One map? Yes one map. Other maps are for people who wants to complete dungeons when dungeon master is AI, if your friend wants to be dungeon master then you have only one map for that). Expand
  4. Jan 30, 2013
    It's a decent game for 10$. I bought it on Steam (pre-order) coz the game-play looked really smooth and appealing. But apparently the game has been released with a handful of bugs and optimization issues. There is definitely going to be patches in the upcoming days, so I think that will fix the graphical issues with all the lag. And in fact there has already been a patch which addressesIt's a decent game for 10$. I bought it on Steam (pre-order) coz the game-play looked really smooth and appealing. But apparently the game has been released with a handful of bugs and optimization issues. There is definitely going to be patches in the upcoming days, so I think that will fix the graphical issues with all the lag. And in fact there has already been a patch which addresses these very performance issues. So there ya go!
    Anyways, the game is quite fun. So far I've understood one thing - Play the DM mode online/offline to earn gold coins, it's much easier as compared to earning coins via adventure mode.
    Overall the game is fun, could have more maps in the future.
    8/10, thanks.
  5. Jan 30, 2013
    There are few games with such outstanding production values tat still try, and succeed, at being their own unique game. its not entirely perfect however.

Playing alone is either unbearably easy as the DM, and nigh impossible as an adventurer. On very easy (the hardest DM difficulty) you can wipe out the adventurers in the first encounter with some luck. worse yet, the gold rewards (which buy items at the shops as your only source of upgrading) rewards you with a ton more gold for being the DM, seriously its absurd how quickly you get gold as the DM vs trying to adventure. Perhaps playing as the DM is meant o be a tutorial for being an adventurer, getting to see your troops taken down might give insight as to how to take them down yourself, but it still feels wrong. However one advantage the single-player adventure mode has is the "attractions". They're sort of special encounters, they certainly mix things up, and will take a try or 2 to really get the hang of them.

the AI i feel still needs some work. The DM outright cheats by summoning elite mini-bosses at any point he chooses even sometimes summoning spawners back to back to back. The AI adventurers, like i mentioned, are so dumb, that a few fortifications (towers and spawners) together can completely wipe them out, since they don't know to focus down spawners and towers.

The multi-player evens things out, allowing you to take the difficulty below hard as the DM. Not to mention that adventurer players are exponentially more capable than the AI. especially if they actually have some upgrades. The servers had some serious instability on day one, but so does just about every multi-player game on freakin day 1. so, it should be good now, but i'm not entirely certain.

the shop makes things pretty interesting, each character has 3 types, perks and potions can mix things up even more. however there is a bit of an issue with the Armour and weapons. they seem to be skins, purely for style, but a new player might easily perceive them as upgrades (like me and my friend did) and waste a lot of their early money they should use for their first perks or some other upgrade.

All in all, id say this game offers quite a bit, id say it was certainly worth it. Hopefully they follow up with some more content, because its certainly a game id like to play for quite some time.
  6. Jan 30, 2013
    Been waiting for this game for quite a while now with high expectations and wow did it deliver. I started playing with a friend and it was some of the most fun yet challenging game play I have ever got my hands on. This game achieved what it set out to be! Its got beautiful yet simple graphics, addictive as hell game play, a good set of modes and customization throughout all of the 3Been waiting for this game for quite a while now with high expectations and wow did it deliver. I started playing with a friend and it was some of the most fun yet challenging game play I have ever got my hands on. This game achieved what it set out to be! Its got beautiful yet simple graphics, addictive as hell game play, a good set of modes and customization throughout all of the 3 classes and is just downright a joy to play with friends. For $9.99 on steam, you cant go wrong, this game is well worth your time! Expand
  7. Feb 1, 2013
    Brief summary of my review
    Brief summary of my review
    Interesting concept, however poorly executed/buggy and not worth the purchase price. Full review below. Bought this game after seeing nothing but good reviews from people like AngryJoe, Totalbuscuit, and many others. However I was saddened to find that not preordering the game means that I received a limited product. Pretty much 20% of the game was stripped out and only available for preorders. I am certain they will be sold later as addition DLC seeing how it's from the same people who made Magicka and it has about 19 dlcs for between 1-6 dollars each. This game reminds me so much of Magicka in that the release is full of game breaking bugs and multiplayer is near impossible to manage. Multiplayer may require to open port 25002 to be able to host however, and some people may still be unable to play multiplayer even after these steps. Multiplayer matches are sorted in reverse alphabetical order by default, so the first match you will see will always be from Zzzzzzzzzap or someone like that, instead of matches sorted by ping which is not yet an option. Connection issues are abundant so expect people to lag out several times in a dungeon run. Multiplayer is very imbalanced in the dungeon masters favor making it near impossible to beat even easy mode. So many spell's and units are overpowered, the Dire duck unit is a glaring example of this as it can murder your whole team in one spin even in easy mode where you take half damage from all attacks. You can also team up with friends to co-op against a standard npc dungeons, this still suffers from connection issues and imbalances. Both in single and multiplayer the AI is abysmal. Enemies and friends alike get stuck constantly and tend to get themselves killed or just face their faces repeatedly into a wall trying to avoid attacks. As it is clearing a dungeon on offline with bots is also near impossible as the bots will die and waste all your extra life's in an instant. There is a good way to afk and get coins for cosmetics and dungeon master spells because of this. If you start a dungeon master match on any of the hard difficulties and wait for a couple seconds the npcs will kill themselves and you will be rewarded over 500 coins. I was very excited about the concept of this game and the gameplay I had seen online. My experiences with the game was nothing like the people who I saw having fun playing it. Instead of a fun time I had to deal with bugs and hassles throughout the game. I would not recommend this game at full price to anyone. If you truly want to play it I would say wait until they fix some of the issues and flesh out the game, and you might as well wait until it's 70% off on steam anyways because it is not worth even 10 dollars.

1. CD-Action
    Apr 5, 2013
    The game’s testers deserve having their butts kicked more than the creatures of Dungeonland. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.81]
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    Dungeonland is ultimately pointless when it comes down to it. Yet it is the good kind of pointless, the kind that still produces entertainment with friends and fills a void. Dungeonland knows it does not amount to much, in fact it revels in it, wilfully mocking itself throughout.
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    Dungeonland is nowhere close to perfect, but in multiplayer it’s a brilliant bastard of a game. Just add friends – or enemies.