3.3

1. May 31, 2011
    This game is not even worth the $15 entry fee. Skip it. Numerous bugs. Game breaking bugs. Want to lose all of skills? Want to lose all of your progress? Empty vendors? Textures missing so your character looks like a smurf, nothing but a blue blob walking around. Standing corpses. Now bugs aside, this game is a total console sellout. There is NOTHING different for the PC. No graphics settings. No 16:10 resolution support. No sound settings (set your computer to stereo only if you have no sound in surround sound). No difficulty settings. You can choose anything other than the 4 race/class/sex premades they have for you. You can't be a female dwarf cleric only the male premade. Just like Diablo from how far back? They did not even bother to take out the "Press (B) to Cancel" for the PC version. Pressing B on your keyboard does nothing. The storyline is bland. The graphics are blah, and belong more in a late 80's $10 game than a $15 2011 game. The "quests" are just... I don't know... Silly and uninteresting. The plot lacks any depth at all. I guess if you enjoy running around in a bland dungeon bashing barrels for loot as good as the stuff you get from monsters, all the while having almost no customization then go for it. I seriously LOVE just about anything D&D and the only thing that says D&D from this title is the dice rolls that happen in the background. I can't believe that publishers and developers are allowed to release stuff like this. Imagine if car company's were allowed to release unfinished products... Oh sorry mate, we will release a "brake" patch in a few weeks. Until then please try not to drive your car. Expand
  2. Jun 20, 2011
    EDITED REVIEW: Originally giving the game a 5 after I finished 3/4 of it, I've now dropped my score to a zero. DO NOT BUY. I was unable to finish Daggerdale after the game glitched and froze all characters during the final boss scene and kept glitching at this point when I tried restarting/reloading the game - the worst payoff ever. The game has semi-tolerable bugs throughout, an awful game camera, and an overall unfinished, rushed-out-the-door feel to it, but not being able to finish the game is inexcusable. Extremely disappointed, and this game was a gift. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2011
    So I bought this game, installed it, and it look ok at first. I decided to make a fighter because the rogue class appeared to be an archer, which wasn't what I wanted. There is NO character customization beyond feats/skills or what not. Most RPG's of this genre allow you to customize your guy or girl to suit your preferences. Anyways, not here. The opening cut scene where some chick tells you about some dark thing or mine (as you can see it really left an impression) is very dull and uninspiring. The music felt tacked on and listless as well. I started my game and was greeted by a bunch of cookie cutter-looking dwarves that don't even talk, they moan and sound like they're taking a crap. No personality whatsoever. The camera sucks, it's way to sensitive and spins out of control, making it a real workout. The graphics are unimpressive for this day in age. Fires looked ok, but character animations and combat are sub par. Also, I bought this fire retardant armor that made my fighter all purple and white. I really don't understand why it did that. Part of the mines quest is to smash all these things in a mine to help the mumbling, moaning dwarves for some reason and kill all the goblins. After awhile I started to run into the D&D staple, skeletons. While they were wimpy, they usually came with a champion (as did the goblins) that was hard to take down. My "Knee Breaker" skill didn't do a whole lot to champions. I was almost finished the mine and had saved after every fight, and finally a couple of archers killed me because I had run out of healing potions. When the game loaded I WAS BACK AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MINE AND HAD LOST ALL PROGRESS AND ITEMS! This game sucks, and I'm not picky. The should call it DaggerFail instead! Expand
  4. Sep 11, 2011
    It is limited. OK but limited. Fix your expectations that its not going to blow your mind either with graphics or gameplay and that your choices will be somewhat limited and personally I didn't find it that bad. At the price it is just about OK - but could have been far better.
  5. Jun 9, 2011
    Terrible. Uninspired, half-assed, unpolished, buggy. Brings absolutely nothing new to the table and is not fun in the least. Not worth any amount of money, go replay Torchlight or Titan Quest instead.
  6. Sep 27, 2011
    D&D: Daggerdale is a beat 'em up. The control for the PC version is surprisingly good played with a 360 gamepad. It's not complicated or hard, but it is good and easy fun. Reminiscent of Gauntlet, Dynasty Warriors, State of Emergency, but a little more finesse. It's priced accordingly, expectations may ruin a decent little game.
  7. Sep 27, 2011
    Someone paid for a D&D license and released a bad game. It's happened before, and this is a prime example of what not to do. The camera control, graphics, bugs, and lack of customization would have damaged the D&D brand if the game got any sort of decent marketing campaign.

Do not buy this game...not for yourself, not as a gift, not even because you love the D&D brand.
  8. Nov 12, 2011
    The negative reviews here are the culmination of problems that a 'few people' experienced. I played Daggerdale for 30 hours on Steam and I can say that its a good hack and slash game with some pretty good elements. The Good:
    1)Good visuals that aren't cluttered with extraneous effects to slow down the action
    2) Good action with good sound and satsifying hack and slash combat with
    'bite'
    3) Four playable characters each with different playstyles. Fighter, rogue/ranger, wizard and cleric. 4) Easy and fun with a 360 Controller. Also playable with the mouse and keyboard but 360 controller recommended since there are no camera issues. The Bad:
    1) The game is not that long. Its about half as long as you would expect and a third as long as a very good long game. 2) Not too much variety in environments. A more realistic color palette unlike say Dungeon Siege III which has a very nice usage of color and effects. But the combat in Daggerdale is better. 3) Some technical issues....appears that maybe 30% of the weapons and armours are missing textures so they appear blue. Some people lost their save games and of course this was a main reason for such an outrcy with the negative reviews. Personally I don't see it as much of a big deal. One playthrough of the entire game with a single character is not more than 10-12 hours for a new player, an experienced player can probably skip all the side quests and go through it in 2-3 hours. This is definitley not something like Titan Quest where your 90th level character that you've been playing for 3 months got deleted. All in all a good game, with good combat. Would be a great game if it was twice as long and had more chapters in the campaign.
  9. Jun 26, 2011
    I bought this game sight-unseen on the basis that Wizards had some sort of elementary base line of quality that would at least prevent this product from being mediocre. Unfortunately the game's graphics and play were unpleasant or boring, none of the NPCs that I encountered had any voice acting or even vaguely different appearances, and the primary characters you could choose were essentially the same. The in-game cutscenes were cliche and poorly produced, the inter-chapter cutscenes were pretty much just hand-drawn stills with bad voice acting. I've seen this stuff done well, but definitely not in this case. It has only a vague, tangential relationship to the system and mechanics of D+D that attracted me to the game in the first place. It's full of jarringly bad 4th-wall-breaking moments, which were, to be honest, distracting enough that I kept playing the game for a grand total of about 30 minutes. Furthermore, if Wikipedia is to be believed, the game was produced with the idea of migrating it to hand-helds. I don't usually hold much truck with the "consolfication" argument, but it becomes pretty clear when you play it that this game was made for the lowest common denominator. It just *feels* like an early PS2 game. Pretty much a big, fat, disappointment - don't bother with it. Collapse
  10. Jul 16, 2011
    This game is tantamount to fraud, it has been released in a pre-alpha state of development, whichever jumped up turd of a manager decided to publish this needs sacking immediately for bringing the entire gaming industry into disrepute, do not under any circumstances buy this game
  11. Sep 27, 2011
    Lower your expectation greatly, then prepare to still be disappointed. It's a linear game that tries not to be. Run around in circles in the same small area doing quests while you "level up" meeting various NPCs that all look exactly the same having you doing completely uninspired repetitive tasks. Graphics are good, controls are good, game play and story are bad. It's like taking the bad parts of three different games and putting them in a blender and having to drink the results. Most games have a big bad evil guy at the end you have to beat. This game has a big bad evil guy trying to charge you money to play it. Expand
  12. Nov 3, 2013
    Not an awful hack and slash RPG but not a great one either. Buggy too, but to be honest I'm surprised people were expecting more from it. There are, however, numerous similar and much better games for your money.
  13. May 2, 2012
    This wasn't an earth shattering game but it wasn't a terrible game. There are some graphical glitches and the voice overs are mediocre but overall the game was an enjoyable hack and slash with the DnD flavor. Using the 360 controller made this game very easy to play.
  14. May 24, 2012
    The game is somewhat a dissapointment, there are few aspect of the game that are just BAD like the story and the lack of enemy variety, also no char customization is another negative point... at least the gameplay is somewhat fun.
  15. Jan 16, 2012
    I find DnD:Daggerdale a fun game. I've played DnD table top and it has a lot of same builds. The controls are easy nothing to hard or complex. and at for the price its a steal. The story line is good and the game play is fun. The only down side is you can't make your own char. You can only pick from a Mage Halfling, Elf rogue, Human Fighter, and Dwarf Cleric. I wish they would have let you build your own. This game is still worth play. I recommend it the game not hard so it could dull the game play later on. But it just really sucks you can make your own Char. That really kills the fun for me. Expand
  16. Jun 26, 2011

Cooperative dungeon crawler based on Dungeons & Dragons rules might sound like RPG heaven. But it is not for so many reasons – and that's a real shame and pity. [July 2011]
  2. Jul 21, 2011
    It's really hard to resist and not dub this game as "Buggerdale". Surprisingly, there are moments when it plays even better than its full-priced rivals. [August 2011, p.107]
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    Slow, clunky, and prone to glitchiness, playing Daggerdale feels like a sentence to an actual dungeon.