• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Feb 28, 2006
7.0

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Years after launch, DDO remains one of the deepest MMO experiences out there, and can boast about one of the best adaptations of the D&D rules ever seen in a video game. Tons of content, classes, items, dungeons, races, and stuff to do. The problem is the price. This "free to play" game may be the most expensive game ever made. To access the whole game-or at least experience all of theYears after launch, DDO remains one of the deepest MMO experiences out there, and can boast about one of the best adaptations of the D&D rules ever seen in a video game. Tons of content, classes, items, dungeons, races, and stuff to do. The problem is the price. This "free to play" game may be the most expensive game ever made. To access the whole game-or at least experience all of the classes, races, and dungeons--you would have to spend well over $1500. And there would still be many things left to purchase. The option to grind for in-game money is a sick joke, and would take tens of thousands of hours to unlock even a fraction of the game. It is hard to recommend this game, even though I really want to. Expand
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    What you only need to do to accept quests, go to dungeons and complete it in the begin of the game. This is absolutely booring. Graphics not good, sounds okay and have booring storyline. Not really have PvP, can't crafting, no have auction house and no have mounts. Some places have invisible walls. Who love dungeons try it, who not like, search for another MMORPG game. DDO is a Free toWhat you only need to do to accept quests, go to dungeons and complete it in the begin of the game. This is absolutely booring. Graphics not good, sounds okay and have booring storyline. Not really have PvP, can't crafting, no have auction house and no have mounts. Some places have invisible walls. Who love dungeons try it, who not like, search for another MMORPG game. DDO is a Free to Play MMORPG, so you can try it for free. Expand
  3. Sean
    Mar 5, 2006
    Perhaps it does match the pen and paper version of the source material well. But a good paper RPG doesn't necessarily make a good computer game - they're VERY different art forms. And so far, especially after the server crashes of the first Saturday, DDO fails to impress on any level.
    If you want to enjoy the paper DnD RPG, by all means buy it and play it. I myself have enjoyed DnD since the first hardbound rule sets. If you want to play a good computer RPG, play one - but IMHO DDO just doesn't qualify.
  4. WalBanger
    Jun 7, 2006
    Game is poorly made, it is as if game developers havent played any online games since 1950's.... Interface is unuserer friendly and there is nothing fun about this game......

And when i went to cancel my account they *****STOLE***** from me, I got confirmation it was cancelled 2 WEEKS before deadline, but they still charged me. When i sent them an email 6hrs after i got there email saying i had been charged again, they said it was 6hrs after the dead line and it was tough...........

PLEASE note this wasnt the creators of D&D but codemasters who charge you.
  5. Chris
    Apr 13, 2006
    Boring, boring. From a long-time PnP and video gamer, this was one of the worst RPG interpretations I've seen in a long time. The final flops that were Might and Magic IX come to mind, and those didn't charge a monthly fee! Very linear, only good for kids to cut their teeth on. Shallow, repetitive gameplay.
  6. BetaWatcher
    Mar 24, 2006
    It should have been named: Dungeon (no s as all the dungeons are the same) & No Dragon Online.
  7. Rose
    Apr 22, 2006
    Boring, i spent so much money on this game and i regreat i did. I couldn't play this game more than a week. Don't waste your money.
  8. Dec 23, 2014
    Pros: Unique different quests, a lot of character customization and (some) d&d concepts.

Cons: Extremely bad coded, money-hungry company behind it limits F2P access drastically - don't be fooled to think this game is F2P, very newbie unfriendly, 100% pay to win (even with paid access), constant nerfs and changes to existing classes, and last but not least: there's a HUGE bug list that's been going on for years but devs mostly care about adding new (paid) features rather than fixing old stuff.

Feels like paying to play normal D&D with a **** DM and a lot of made-up rules that mostly benefits only the DM himself.

1. It is a great game, matching in spirit the pen and paper version.
  2. It hits on almost every front. Present are the adventure elements of high fantasy, the mysterious magical elements of the war-torn world of Eberron, and the deep-rooted numerical elements.
  3. Sure, there are flaws and the lack of any soloing capability, the occasional difficulty in finding groups, as well as the apparent slowness of levelling get irritating, but they're nothing in the face of what it does properly.