7.7

1. Jul 19, 2011
    This game is somewhat entertaining but downright repetitive and poorly coded. Don't spend your hard earned on money on a game from developer who doesn't value their customer's time. This game is horribly buggy. You will lose your first character from a bug more likely than an actual death. You might try a second time on the default "permadeath" mode until you encounter yet more bugs andThis game is somewhat entertaining but downright repetitive and poorly coded. Don't spend your hard earned on money on a game from developer who doesn't value their customer's time. This game is horribly buggy. You will lose your first character from a bug more likely than an actual death. You might try a second time on the default "permadeath" mode until you encounter yet more bugs and vanishing saves, rendering your 10, 20+ hours invested a total waste. At this point you might turn off permadeath so you can reload but then Gaslamp will release an *update* (1.02 to 1.03) that invalidates your saves and forces you throw yet another 10-20+ hour investment down the drain because they were too lazy to write an old save to new save conversion routine. Then they give you an achievement to joke about wasting your time. From their blog post about the 1.03 update: "Your old save games from Dredmor 1.02 almost certainly do not work with Dredmor 1.03. We apologize for the inconvenience. Iâ Expand
  2. Jan 23, 2012
    This game seems an enjoyable enough distraction until the constant crashes and endless stupid bugs just make it a complete waste of time. The worst thing about it is the deeper you get in the dungeon the more likely a crash seems to be. The fact that the game has permadeath option on as default when most of the time your biggest enemy is game failure is a joke.
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    As a fan of many roguelikes, I have to say that this game isn't terribly good. It's your standard roguelike with less complex mechanics in favour of eyecandy. On top of that you have to pay for it, when you'll get a much more rich experience from the countless FREE roguelikes that are infinitely deeper. Its basically ToME with "humour" which wasn't terribly amusing.
  4. Oct 25, 2013
    The sad part is that this game is actually kinda fun. However it is extremely unstable. 75% of the time when i start the game up Steam tells me that my files failed to sync the last time i shut the game down. The game will often crash and on rare occasion your steam achievement progress will be completely reset. Also, the developers added an achievement to the game where you have to buyThe sad part is that this game is actually kinda fun. However it is extremely unstable. 75% of the time when i start the game up Steam tells me that my files failed to sync the last time i shut the game down. The game will often crash and on rare occasion your steam achievement progress will be completely reset. Also, the developers added an achievement to the game where you have to buy them a beer in real life and then they will manually add the unlock the achievement on your account. Seriously? I mean, I've never seen such a stupid move made by a developer in making an achievement for a game. Something that is supposed to be obtainable in-game and be FUN. It's a good game, but terrible stability and a piece-of-crap developer makes it not worth your time. Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2014
    Are you f****** kidding me? I bought this game in a package deal, not knowing what I was getting into. I haven't played a garbage game like this since the 80's. In this day and age, I can't accept anything with graphics and gameplay inferior to the SNES, much less inferior to the NES. Disclaimer: I called it quits in less than 10 minutes.

1. May 9, 2012
    If you can accept some mechanical quirks in exchange for a torrent of indie exuberance, check it out.
  2. Jan 15, 2012
    Dungeons of Dredmor is like a year-round tyre: it will do its job but no one is going to be enthusiastic about it. Masochists will find this game too soft, while common gamers will find no amusement at all.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    Dungeons of Dredmor isn't without problems, but the good humour and addictive gameplay make it an amiable purchase. It might not be to everyone's tastes, and the random generation can be frustrating, but for only a few dollars it's pretty easy to recommend.