7.8

1. Jul 20, 2011
    Wonderful team of developers intent on making a great game. The game is difficult and enjoyable. I love how gaslamp games have brought a roguelike to the masses like it was nothing. I love this game and I am looking forward to the content that will be forthcoming. Huge recommendation to all!
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game. Insane amount of game for such a low price, fantastic levelling system and randomised dungeons means every play through is different, and a vast amount of items and enemies encourages you to explore. Occasional bug can force a restart, but nothing game breaking, and constant updates means it should be near enough bug free soon.
  3. Jul 20, 2011
    This game is really awesome. It holds your attention for hours on end and will give you tons of replay value for the really cheap $5 price tag. It's a graphic take on roguelikes, and it does a really good job for being new to the scene. I've probably put 100+ hours into the game already and I've barely touched all the possible builds and ways to play the game. It does get a little repetitive, but most games do. Expand
  4. Dec 21, 2011
    Dungeons of Dredmor is part tribute to, and part parody of old school roguelike games. At it's core, the game is full of addicting monster hacking, spell casting, loot hoarding goodness. The graphics are cheesy, and the story is pretty much non-existent, but I'm finding myself not caring because the game is just so much fun. I'm really enjoying the humor in the game as well. On the negative side, the inventory management can be a bit clunky at times, and the game occasionally crashes, which stinks if you don't have a recent save to fall back on. Also, this game isn't for everybody. Be prepared to die a lot. If you can't deal with that, you may want to toggle off permadeath, or even skip this game completely. Hardcore roguelike fans might find this game too watered down for their tastes. Despite its flaws, DoD is a great value for your gaming dollar. Expand
  5. Aug 25, 2011
    A wonderful rogue-liek adventure romp, filled with dry british humour and lots of fun. The game is also dangerously difficult, just as this genre is meant to be.
  6. Jul 20, 2011
    This game is truly awesome. So much to do and so much of that classic RPG goal-accomplishing and relentless dungeoning. You can really play this for much longer than anything else worth $5.
  7. Aug 25, 2011
    Simply put, a rougelike for the masses. Hardcore Rougelike fans may not like that, but honestly if more people become interested in the genre, that's good. Anyway, good developers and decent support so far, nice content and it seems like they are listening to the fanbase for more.
    Gameplay is good, great sense of humor along with good game mechanics. The game reminds me more of Oblivion
    than DoomRL (my first RL), but in a good way, like 'Oblivion should've been more like this.' For the price, the game is amazing. There are bugs and control oddities, but those should be worked out soon. You don't have much to lose, except many hours spend giggling at item descriptions and dying to the randomest enemies you've probably seen. Buy it! Buy it for Krom! Expand
  8. Aug 13, 2011
    I love this game. I have yet to get to Dredmor and I've been playing for over 30 hours. I do have permadeath on and it makes you actually upset when you lose your character. There is a huge amount of customization available for your character, from a hybrid to a pure of anything. My personal favourites are Viking Magic, Promethean Magic, and Psionics. Melee classes include dual wielding anything (even staves, and shields!) and you can mix and match any aspect of Mage, Warrior or Rogue to fit your liking. Permadeath can be turned off (but why would you?)

Also, The music in this game is phenomenal and the humour is spot on. It makes fun of everything a roguelike RPG is, with silly tool-tips and dialog coming from the npcs. An update has been planned and that's a good thing. For the $5 this game costs and the amount of replay value the gamer gets from it, it is totally worth the purchase and I highly recommend it to anyone.
  9. Jul 18, 2011
    A roguelike game with modern elements such as skills, magic and a crafting system. I don't hand out '10's' easily but the only flaw I can think of that this game may have, is that it is too addictive. If you have played Rogue and long for a better interface, enhanced graphics and some more depth to the gameplay, this is for you. If you are unfamiliar with Rogue but enjoy dungeon-crawling, 80's and 90's RPG's and a hearty sense of humour, you should try Dungeons of Dredmor out. Expand
  10. Jul 28, 2011
    This game is fantastic. It has so many different items and enemy you just cant help but explore.And the randomised dungeons make every adventure a different one. The developers who made this game clearly put a lot of love into it as you can see by the humour and character this game has. I recommend this to everyone
  11. Sep 18, 2011
    To people complaining about the patches deleting saves, I don't really see the big deal to be honest, it's a rogue-like RPG and the idea of that is to play on perma death and not get attached to your characters. You are going to lose a lot of characters to dying, that's the idea, losing one character because they bought out a new patch is hardly a big deal. Anyway in terms of the view, for the price it's certainly a good buy, it offers something unique and very challenging when you play it on normal and perma death. A huge amount of skills to choose from allow you to pick different setups each time and try and further your score from your last adventurer, even if some of the skills are a bit rubbish. I haven't encountered a bug in this game yet and I bought it when it came out and it has only crashed for me once. It's a game where losing all your progress and equipment isn't something to make you never want to play the game again, due to its highly addictive nature. Music is very nice and the humor and names certainly adds to the gameplay. Overall it's a fun little game, with a small price tag and a huge amount of fun and addictiveness. Certainly worth picking up to kill quite a few hours while you try and fail to complete the game. Collapse
  12. Sep 13, 2011
    A hell of a lot of a game for the price, particularly if you play the oldschool "permadeath" mode. Keep in mind it's an indie effort and don't expect AAA graphics and cutscenes - just great gameplay and replayability, something some of the "big" titles seem to have forgotten. Highly recommended.
  13. Jul 17, 2011
    This is a great little indie game that will absorb a disproportionate amount of your time compared to its price. I would highly recommend this to anyone with a sense of humor who isn't concerned with graphics and loved dungeon crawling in games such as Oblivion.
  14. Jul 23, 2011
    Your magnificent foot smashes the door!

After sealing away the evil powers, the world was safe, and it remained so for several years. Unfortunately, the powers of good always seem to work in stupid ways, and because of that the evil creature that is called Dredmor was once again free to rule the world! But the gods were kind enough to send a brave hero to defend the world (again) and
    destroy Dredmor for once while he is still inside his dungeons, unfortunately this hero is you! With that premise, appears Dungeons of Dredmor, the new kid in the block, always trying to be funny and cool, but that in the end isnâ Expand
  15. Aug 3, 2011
    I'm happier with this $5 pc game than I've been with the last few $50 pc games I've purchased. The game is difficult and not dumbed down for the lowest common denominator like so many games these days, and also very fun and addictive. I forgot how much fun roguelike games were since its been so long for me!
  16. Jul 18, 2011
    it's an oldschool roguelike with punishing difficulty, permadeath, and a graphical interface :P what more could you want! If you've never played a roguelike It's like an RPG version of Spelunky (which you can get here free BTW "http://www.spelunkyworld.com/original.html" ) which is another fantastic indy game... the Devs for this game are also great and their actaully supporting it with features the communty ask for! Expand
  17. Jul 19, 2011
    You are going to love this game and then hate it because you are going to waste so much time with it. Funny and complex but with a simple interface. There isn't anything like it. Yes there is a ton of roguelikes, but not with this graphics and easy ui.
  18. Jul 20, 2011
    This game is incredible, and is easily one of the biggest indie releases of the year. The graphics are reminiscent of the old SNES RPGs with a lot more polish, the music is fantastic, and the game play is both fun and complex. The game is easy to pick up but difficult to master (especially when perma-death is enabled!) Also, updates to the game have been really quick, and the developer really pays attention to the community. Surprisingly, all of this is only $5, which is a steal considering all it brings to the table. Expand
  19. Jul 21, 2011
    Amazing game that is highly entertaining. If you enjoy roguelikes, or are interested in them in the slightest, this game is worth checking out. This game is difficult, and you will die (a lot), but that makes it that much more fun and rewarding. The dialogue is humorous and riddled with references that will easily get a laugh out of you. The game also has hand-drawn graphics that make the experience all the more enjoyable (which is doubly worth noting, considering most roguelikes use ASCII or low-res tilesets).

Dungeons of Dredmor is, without a doubt, worth the asking price; it is a high-quality game that will keep you entertained for hours. Gaslamp Games has a ton of potential, and are definitely a developer to keep an eye on for any of their future releases.
  20. May 30, 2012
    Playing this game with many patchs gone through, i cant see the bugs people have mentioned, although this is likely due to the many patchs the game has had, and the reviewer saying it has horrible system lag is retarded, the game runs on my crappy laptop with intel HD graphics perfectly fine.

The difficulty in the game is quite well done, the normal mode is definitly not easy, but not so
    much challenge to the point of insanity, but it is unlikely on your first full games that you will beat the game. Contrary to several reviews, the game DOES have a definite goal, its to reach level 10 and kill Lord Dredmor, the final boss. Although I have been unable to get this far down, I am therfore unsure how the DLC works, as it adds levels 11-15.

The character creation is a nightmare for first time players. It is a list of about 35 skills (about 42 if you have DLC) which you chose 7 of. These decide your base stats and starting gear, while many are obvious (swords, maces, axes, staffs, prothean Magic etc.) Others are difficult to guess. And their descriptions do not help. A few examples could be 1. Archaeology - Start with a fedora, how am i supposed to know what its stats are since the game has nothing to do with Archaeology? 2. Mathemagic, all the abilities it gives have little to do with math, and this is rediculas. This in theroy is a good thing, it makes the player experiement, allowing the player to try abilities that they would otherwise not choose that they might like. But honestly, it should tell you what they do, let us see the skill tree or something.

The games leveling system is simply everytime you level up, you choose to upgrade one of these skills, (yes it tells you, usually, what these do) which gives you a stat bonus and/or spell and/or chance ability, some being quite unique. This system works very well and still manages to give you a definite boost while avoiding the boring list of numbers problem that RPGs seem to be fixing nowadays.

The game has a few features for difficulty, the usual uniquely named Easy, normal and hard modes, with a permadeath feature (which without, ruins the feel of the game) and small levels mode which allows less grinding for people who don't want grinding.

The game is quite fun to play, with a LARGE array of weapons and armor to choose from, including randomly boosted upgrades and general strange things to find throughout the dungeons, with MANY MANY references (my favourite being My Little Anvil - Smithing is Magic) While many of the jokes are hit and miss, some with definitly make you smile.

The graphics are fine for a roguelike, playable on bad computers while ok to look at, thanks to a great art style.

The only truely annoying feature is the lack of your characters look changing when getting new armor or weaponry, evetually it can be annoying looking at the characters oversized eyebrows.

The background music is very very good, and fun to listen to.

For people who dont mind turn based RPGs will love this game, and i highly reccomend it as it gives hours of entertainement for a very small price, with the added benifit of supporting a indie company.
  21. May 11, 2012
    Dungeons of Dreadmor is a rogue-style game, in which you control an 8-bit hero (or, in the expansion, heroine) who is slaying his way through increasingly tough monsters in order to defeat the evil Lord Dredmor. The game is very hard and should be played with permadeath (I can imagine it being a bit boring without it). Character creation offers you a wide range of options, as you create a character by picking seven skills form a long range. Want a fireball throwing, Odin worshipping, axe swinging berserker-vampire-archeologist? Go right ahead! The game doesn't take itself very seriously and has a good sense of humor. The sound track is very catchy and would be worth the cost by itself imo. I immensely enjoyed playing it, even when it was handing my ass to me over and over on level one, and I simply had to play it till I got through it. Of course it doesn't provide you with amazing graphics, an epic plot or such - these things are not what the game sets out to do though ... what it does set out to do it does excellently, and if you like looting, character building and a hard challenge this is the game for you. Expand
  22. Oct 11, 2011
    This is an incredible game. I can't praise it enough! Expect at least 10 hours for a full playthrough, but don't expect to be playing that playthrough for quite a few attempts.
  23. Dec 31, 2011
    A hardcore RPG, and great fun. The writting of the game is hilarious, and if you can be unlike the modern day gamer and not just sit down to win(which the game wasnt really meant to be won) but to just take your time and play, you will get hours of enjoyment out of this game. I understand with what modern gaming has done, that most people will never enjoy this game, because it wasnt meant for you to save every 5 seconds and have no penalty for death, it was meant to be hardcore and take you weeks on end to actually get good enough to beat it. Play the game as it was meant to be played, with permadeath, and dont expect to win every time you start, and you will then be able to love this game for every bit of what it is. Expand
  24. Nov 28, 2011
    Fantastic Rouge-like. Good for anyone who likes fun! I've sunk more hours than I care to count into this game, and I haven't even beaten yet. For $5, its a steal!
  25. Dec 13, 2011
    Thank you Gaslamp Games for this creation. A rogue-like game that gives you the option of restarting on death- just to see how far you can get, or saving as you go- to beat the game; both of which have their own challenges.This game is both addicting and fulfilling. So many ways to play that you will get your money's worth($5) playing just the first hour alone in this 'cheesy-humor' game. The only downside in this game is that the bugs are not yet at a minimal, and when you find one it can sometimes ruin an entire saved game of many many hours. Looking forward to more games from Gaslamp. Expand
  26. Jan 15, 2012
    This game is the biggest paradox of modern gaming: no plot, no stunning graphics, no multiplayer, a monstrous amount of hours players have passed dungeoneering hoping not to die drinking acid from a fountain. Gaslamp games have developed a little masterpiece of humour and design, a game with nothing but the essential and, at the same time, a huge quantity of things to do and see. Mixing all together with a very balanced difficulty experience, Dungeons of Dredmor results in the sandbox role-playing equivalent of Minecraft: how can you not love it? Expand
  27. Apr 5, 2013
    Now with the expansion packs added on, this game has gone from great, to absolutely legendary. It's staggering and exciting when you start to think about the endless skill combinations available here. There's just so much variety within the maps, items, and skills, that it's never the same game twice, and with it's perma-death (if you're playing it right ;p) it always keeps you on your toes even when you are nearly sure you've reached that godly state, you open the door and a named monster has you running for your life. Exceptionally balanced, easy to get into, hard to let go of, entertaining humor and style. For 5 bucks, you'd be hard pressed to find a better use of your money. It's really quite a feat, and if you've been holding off, (and you're into these sort of games) then you're really missing out. Expand
  28. Mar 12, 2012
    Gaslamp Games' debut is a stellar achievement from the indie developer. Dungeons of Dredmor is a modern tribute to the once hugely popular roguelike genre. There's great variation between the enemies, weapons and armour, and the huge amount of skills on offer will keep you experimenting with different strategies for hours. The humour is self-parodic, and often hilarious. At $5, and with a ton of replay value, Dungeons of Dredmor is an inexpensive and excellent entry-point for gamers wishing to get into dungeon crawlers. Expand
  29. May 3, 2013
    Steam平台难得的Roguelike RPG。剧情精简为闯地牢杀魔王,但所有其它经典元素都悉数保留下来,回合制的战斗,丰富的角色属性,随机的地牢、怪物和装备,开门惊喜,以及独创的自定义职业组合系统,使你的每一次冒险都充满未知和挑战。包括对Steam Workshop的支持都使这款游戏始终保持着独特的魅力。
  30. May 13, 2013
    The game is actually pretty awesome. Lots of different builds you can try, simples yet effective crafting system, fun to explore, and it is very difficult. I love the fact that you can't just run around killing stuff and stepping on traps, even in the lower difficulties.
    The only bad side is the lack of information about the skills in the character creation phase. You have to either take
    a look at it after you create your character or look it up online.
    Also, you're paying about 5 usd total(game dlcs) for an "infinite" gameplay. This game definitely worth a shot.
  31. Aug 14, 2013
    This game's humor is really awesome. It is entertaining and the longer you play you really get into it. The graphics are not so good, but they fit to its humor. The gameplay is awesome and I recommend you to play it at least once.
  32. Aug 7, 2013
    A very fun little rouge-like game where you have a lot of synergy with many off the abilities, some of which are just made for humor like vampire and the ability to sparkle or communism and a ability to drop a bomb. It's one hell of a time waster, but at the same time you can actually cut down the size of the dungeon with NO reprecussions. None. No achievements are affected either. Really, it's a lot of fun, especially as you can wear some light armour with magic which paths the way to making something like a Magus from Pathfinder's Ultimate Magic or Arcane duelist from D&D 3.5 or, again, Pathfinder. Expand
  33. Oct 31, 2013
    I made an account just to review this game and give my score and i truly stand by it. This game to me personally is a 10/10. If you have the slightest interest in rogue-like games or games with permadeath you should definitely buy this game. It's not expensive either 4.99 for this game that i have put a lot of hours into
  34. Feb 19, 2014
    amazing game, the little jokes and references make the game more fun to play and the game has a good, fair difficulty level and the skill system is really cool too.
  35. Sep 18, 2011

1. May 9, 2012
    If you can accept some mechanical quirks in exchange for a torrent of indie exuberance, check it out.
  2. Jan 15, 2012
    Dungeons of Dredmor is like a year-round tyre: it will do its job but no one is going to be enthusiastic about it. Masochists will find this game too soft, while common gamers will find no amusement at all.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    Dungeons of Dredmor isn't without problems, but the good humour and addictive gameplay make it an amiable purchase. It might not be to everyone's tastes, and the random generation can be frustrating, but for only a few dollars it's pretty easy to recommend.