Dwarfs!? offers an addictive, fast paced arcade-like experience, with plenty of difficulty levels and game modes to play, in the tradition of great games such as "Lemmings" and "Dwarf Fortress."
As the new overseer for your underground Dwarf base, your job is to manage the small colony and make it as rich as possible, before they meet their inevitable doom! To survive as long as possible, youll have to steer and guide your greedy little fellows to the richest points in the caves, while avoiding all the dangers so they dont end up destroying your Town Hall and its essential supply of beer.
They explore for you, they mine for you and they fight for you - but if you don't keep an eye on them, they'll do what they do best: die for you and take everyone else with them. But, if all else fails when the Spider Queen comes for you use the Outposts Dwarf Cannon and shoot Dwarfs at her!
There are only 3 certainties in this world: death, taxes and that Dwarfs always dig too deep!
- Fun for all ages and skill levels of gamers, with randomly-generated caves so the game is different every time.
- Madly Addictive Arcade Mode: 4 difficulty levels ranging from casual to crazy hard-core, time limits from 5 minutes to endless, randomly-generated caves and all the gold and monsters you can handle!
- Base Defense Mode: Tower Defense gameplay, except you dont have a tower. And your Dwarfs dig the routes. Then you defend against waves of monsters!
- Rush Mode: Can you handle Dwarfs spawning at insane rates and digging everywhere?
- Dark Mode: This time, the only light is in the tunnels your Dwarfs dig. Spooky!
- Campaign Challenges: Tutorials where you can learn all about being a Dwarf Overseer in a few minutes and Challenges where you can put those Overseer abilities to the ultimate test.
- Leaderboards: Compare the size of your beard (and your scores) with your friends and the rest of the world.
- Sandbox Mode: Create your own caves!
- Codex: Alongside the integrated help system is the Codex the fount of all Dwarf knowledge! Contains everything you need to know, including video tutorials for the budding Overseer.
- Medals and Achievements: Lots and lots of shiny stuff to collect and show off to your friends!
- Fully Integrated with Steamworks
- And Zombies. Not to mention goblins, skeletons, spiders, dark elves and more.… Collapse
Nov 4, 2012I love this game. I really do. I started playing because it's completely free to play on Steam, and I was bored one day. Hopelessly addicting, this game calls for strategy, quick thinking, and resource management. Dig around, open caves, mine minerals, kill the random shaman or lich king, make some money, and avoid opening up more than once entrance to a lava or water cave because that really, really sucks. Opening up caves is like opening Christmas presents--some have money, others have fruitcake, and you don't know which is which until you open it. Very low learning curve, achievements are fun to unlock, and plenty of challenges. This is a great game to kill some time with. I gave this game a 10 because it's simple without being boring, engaging without being complicated, and challenging without being strenuous. It does what it's meant to do, and it does it beautifully.… Expand
Jul 5, 2011This is one of those games that will make you paranoid and twitchy every time a dwarf gets near a cave. You can choose an arcade of 5 minutes, 10 minutes, up to 60 minutes. The demo didn't really do the game justice as it doesn't give you the full fractiousness of the game, but it gets the general idea across. as of June 1st 2011 Steam has it on sale for $5 and I would tell everyone to buy it without even thinking, and you wont regret it.… Expand
Nov 1, 2011Imagine you have 1 child at first. 10 minutes later you have 12, 30 minutes later you have 47. All of them are careless, undisciplined, and reckless. It's like trying to beat the high score on a pin ball machine without having your children to ruin it for you. As frustrating as it seems, it's also challenging. And that is what makes this game fun and worth playing it.… Expand
Jan 28, 2014This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dwarfs!? Well now I always thought Dwarfs were supposed to be smart, but playing this game one would think they were the dumbest collection of inbred idiots ever... Now don't get me wrong this game is not that bad actually, it's a good way to pass time if you are in the mood for something similar the old "Dig Dug" game from Namco we used to play on our ancient Box style TV's...
The aim of the game is to try and control your little idiot dwarfs in a big square of dirt with random black areas which are supposed to be caves, inside these caves can be a number of good or bad things like Lava (Bad), Water (Bad), Goblins (Bad), a Boss to fight (Bad), Sweet Blow Nothing (Bad) or 3 or 4 blocks of treasure (The only good thing in the game)
And while you are trying to get your little idiots to get to the treasure they just keep on reproducing themselves up to a point ( Doesn't take very long actually - about 10-15 minutes ) where you are no longer in control of the game at all... you just have to try and keep an eye on the many warning messages that pop up to try and save your little idiot dwarf strongholds and village... My opinion these dwarfs are so stupid I think you would be doing them a favor to kill them.
There is one good thing about the game though and that’s the mini games... well its not that amazing, to give you an idea, if you can remember playing the Olympics game on the old tv games where you had the archery challenge well this is the same thing, except you are throwing axes at 3 board targets with a bunch of wood poles getting in your way.
Wow this is probably the most sarcasm I ever put in a review... so the verdict.
THIS GAME IS CRAP !
My Rating - 4/10 - You have absolutely no control of the game whatsoever, you can just as well sit and watch the computer play its own game.… Expand