7.9

1. Jan 27, 2015
    I was able to get my hand on a copy of this game about 19 hours ago, and I have been playing it a good deal. Although I am not 100% through the game I am at the point where I have seen all it has to offer- so here is my review

Gameplay- It plays much like a cleaner, better looking, more fluid, and more fun dead island. It feels like dead island with a larger budget. Running up walls to escape a horde, finding safety as night approaches, using upgraded abilities to kill more zombies with greater zest- it all works and works well. In terms of game play it was everything that dead island was supposed to be. My only complaints are breaking weapons, old school health bars, and stamina meters. I think these things restrict you, but it still works out. [9/10]

Graphics/sound- The sound is effective at creating a serious atmosphere- when a zombie is right on top of you, you hear it. When a horde is approaching- you hear it. It is all done well enough to keep you engaged though it is not really stand out to me. The graphics are nice, clean textures- great environments, and good character models really sell the experience. Expect some frame rate issues when game play picks up- and also I experienced a crash time to time. However there were no broken quests. In a game this size you have to expect a few bugs right? [8.5/10]

Story- This is the underwhelming portion. The story is far more serious than that of dead island. No dark humor, no super cheesy characters (well not as cheesy). You find yourself helping the few survivors in the city with fetch quests and the typical point A to point B. There are a couple surprises- and a passable story to match. None of it is bad, but none of it is great. It is clear the time was put into the gameplay. On the plus side the game is sizable. If you are a completion you could get 70 hours out of this game, though the average gamer can expect 30 to 40. [7.5/10]

In all this game is a great zombie experience. Fun gameplay, great graphics, and a very well done open world make this an adventure worth having, even if the story falls short... An 8.5 out of 10
  2. Jan 28, 2015
    While the gameplay is solid and the zombies are fun to battle, the game overall feels very familiar. To some, it would seems like Far Cry 3 with zombies and less guns while to others its a refreshing game that takes the best elements of Dead Island and combines it into a highly enjoyable open world game.

The loot and weapons are pretty standard however it allows an easier and more

The loot and weapons are pretty standard however it allows an easier and more direct experience but the parts of the game that really stood out include the gameplay at night which turns ordinary zombie bashing into a frantic hide and seek survival game, the fun parkour elements and abilities which make traversing the map a lot less boring and finally the graphics which were vastly improved. Although this does push the system requirements up quite a bit.

The story was standard. What you would expect from a game like this but at least this time your character is actually interesting as well as the NPCs around you (compared to Dead Island)

Overall, I felt like this game was very familiar during ordinary gameplay and included good elements from other games but it combined them well enough resulting in a extremely fun to play and somewhat addictive game which will take up a lot if not all of your free time.
  3. Jan 27, 2015
    What a game. It is gripping, the freedom of movement combined to the dead island like melee combat is pure joy. Graphics are top notch, the world of the living dead constantly evolving around you. There are so many nooks and crannies, as you enter a dark building you notice a corpse lying there, will it come alive, do you have an escape route as making noise will certainly attract theWhat a game. It is gripping, the freedom of movement combined to the dead island like melee combat is pure joy. Graphics are top notch, the world of the living dead constantly evolving around you. There are so many nooks and crannies, as you enter a dark building you notice a corpse lying there, will it come alive, do you have an escape route as making noise will certainly attract the brain eating shamblers.

The night comes along and the meaning of "good night, good luck" resonate as you desperately jump from roof to roof to find a safe place from the hunters screaming in your back.

The looting system is very similar to dead Island, with many fun crafting recipes to better your weapons and the loot is plentyful. As the character progresses ala Far cry you can really notice the increase in fluidity of movement as you jump over your foes elegantly only to stab their heads from behind in a gory fashion.

The performances are very good, with thousands of players enjoying the game whereas a few hundred unlucky vocals are making themselves heard, but don't be fooled there aren't many issues here. And the devs will surely get around to fixing those.

All in all, an awesome game that bid a good start to the year 2015.
  4. Jan 27, 2015
    Dying Light is an enjoyable game from Techland but despite a much more polished title than its Dead Island predecessors, this game still suffers from bad habits that plagued those games along with yet another shaky launch on PC regarding the technical aspect.

Firstly; the game looks gorgeous, with a beautiful vast and colourful backdrop and fantastic attention to detail. The movement mechanics are easy to use and a joy to execute plus the crafting system is also well-implemented.

Dying Light however lets itself down with some very mundane missions, forgettable characters and repetitive gameplay. Thankfully the parkour physics and various melee weapons keep the game interesting but the core of the product lacks any real depth. After a few hours of play; once you've seen that; you have essentially seen all that will be offered in the latter stages of the game. The campaign is a fairly weak narrative supported by a largely intolerable cast.

Technically, the game is a calamitous launch for many. I should be able to run this comfortably as I have exceeded even the recommended settings but this is the only game which I own that suffers from significant frame rate drops and more irritatingly; cutscene stuttering/freezing. It seems to be hit and miss with other players of varying rigs, so be weary of how this could fare on your system before rushing to purchase.

Overall; Dying Light is a decent game with a stunning setting and great mechanics. However, the story and characters along with the missions are very weak which drags the product down. Technically; the game is inconsistent and doesn't run to a good standard even on the highest-end setups which makes it hard to judge. It is certainly a massive improvement on Dead Island but Techland have not excelled in key areas which is disappointing. At £40; I find it hard to recommend at this pricepoint especially with the potential performance woes but at a cost lower down the line and with possible patches on the way; it's certainly a consideration in the future especially at a cheaper cost.
  5. Jan 28, 2015
    I like hw everybody with slow video cards are complaining about technical issues.
    Guys... this is new reality after XBOX ONE + PS4 release. In order to play new games you NEED VGA with 4GB VRAM. i have absolutelly no problem with frame rate on my 970GTX.
  6. Jan 27, 2015
    *It is absolutely amazing. there can't be a negative review for this one. 10/10 The story is phenomenally good and VERY strong. the graphics are insanely good. the gameplay is absolutely fantastic. everything fits perfectly well together, amazing game, thank you Techland. one againnnn 101/10 10/10
  7. Jan 27, 2015
    This Game got performance issues, after the tutorial the frame rate drops.
    I use minimal settings @ 0% draw distance and get 10 - 20 Fps Outdoor.
    In the tower i had 60 Fps so i think its a optimization issue .

My Rig:

AMD Phenom x6 1090 T @ Stock
    8 GB Corsair Dominator DDR 3 Ram
    AMD Radeon R9 280 X XFX @ 1050 MHZ
    It is installed on my WD 1 TB Hard Drive
  8. Jan 27, 2015
    Yes it has performance issues however, Dying Light is the best Zombie game we have ever had. Techland has gone back started from scratch and smashed it! Better story, better voice acting, amazing atmosphere and done right fun mechanics, we may have our game of the year already. Dying Light is everything and more!
  9. Jan 27, 2015
    My 15 minute long experience with Dying Light:

My 15 minute long experience with Dying Light:

Long cutscene. Character wakes up. Immediately notice a HORRENDOUS film grain effect that makes it look like you're playing the game on a monitor with 5000 green dead pixels. Look through the options menu. Find NO WAY to turn it off. Oh...wow. Move. My sprint key is disabled because the game thinks it will be too much information for the player at the start of the game to be able to sprint. So I have to VEEEEERY slowly shuffle around a multi story office building and talk to some dudes. Cutscene. Get mission to save a guy that is trapped on the 13th floor, and noone else dares to go up there because apparently it's a slaughter. Very slowly make my way up because sprint doesn't work. The horrible danger and slaughter that made everyone not even bother to go up turns out to be ONE zombie. I hit it on the head once and it dies. The game now informs me that my sprint key is Shift. I hit Escape and look through the options menu once more, because I find the game unplayable with the film grain effect. It's like the one in Alien Isolation, only 5 times more annoying. Nope, still can't find a way to turn it off. I craft a medikit and patch up the guy on the 13th floor. Cutscene. During the cutscene, the game crashes to desktop. I launch CCleaner and uninstall.
  10. Feb 14, 2015
    - Bad performance, poor optimization.
    - Mash the F-button to open doors and turn valves.
    - Waste your time endlessly lockpicking chests and cars for pointless loot. - Escape stupid zombies with no effort, even at night. - Remember climbing those towers in Farcry 3 and 4? They are here as well. You will fall, die and have to reclimb these. Makes for really interesting gameplay. -
    - Bad performance, poor optimization.
    - Mash the F-button to open doors and turn valves.
    - Waste your time endlessly lockpicking chests and cars for pointless loot.
    - Escape stupid zombies with no effort, even at night.
    - Bored? Try the pointless PvP-system, with no rewards and no interesting gameplay.
    - Want more content? Collect flags, statues, notes and recorded messages. No purpose in doing this whatsoever, and they are placed in the most unimaginative way. They are everywhere, no sense of accomplishment in finding them.
    - Bad voice acting, bad story, stuffed with cutscenes.
    - INTERACTIVE CUTSCENE AGAINST THE FINAL BOSS.

This is definitely a no-buy. This is a soulless, unpolished product, which could have been so much more than just the parkour simulation that is became. Good thing that paying is optional.
  11. Apr 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What I liked:
    - You are Spiderman's protege, complete with a web shooter, spider sense, over the top parkour and climbing abilities
    - Noise attracts the dead!

What I disliked:
    - Water, guts, the sun, and other effects gets into your eyes. At least learn to wipe the first 2 off.
    - Glasses don't break, like car windows
    - The dust? particles flying in the air
    - The seizures, oh god not now...
    - Not enough variety with the zombie models, very noticeable since it's a first person game
    - Lots of swimming, switches to flip and generally uninteresting fetch quests
    - Clunky melee combat
    - Guns for the most part are useless, silenced versions would have been fun
    - Cheap deaths from exploding zombies
    - What a finale to make you climb the top of the world for a QTE boss fight.

Parkour, First person melee combat, a bit of FPS, a bit of stealth, Crafting and random loot system, and all star zombie casts are here (slow, fast, exploding, spitting, etc.). This is a fun game during the early hours but gets repetitive and cumbersome in the long run. I'll just play pepsi man if I want to run for my life, the Mosou series if i want to hack and slash repetitively, and Dead Rising for a satisfying zombie apocalypse experience.
  12. Feb 10, 2015
    Dying Light offers a bigger amount of variety compared to Dead Island and similar games. Specially the fact that there are dynamical / radiant quests, which can be played alongside storyline quests and side-quests, gives the game somehow a fresh wind and helps to blur out monotonic routines.

While I love games which offer a very deep level of immersion, I'm grateful for this game to not offer it. I'm fine with a quite superficial / semi-deep story experience. Because - and I'm not afraid of saying it this way - I've just purchased this game because of A.) the amazing graphics, B.) the climbing mechanics (even though it's not able to reach Mirrors Edge's - but it doesn't has to, anyways), C.) the hook! and D.) the fact that I was already looking for quite a long time for a game which gives me the ability to jump into fights against hordes of zombies!

Yes, many people might have been expecting tons of other stuff - additionally. Some are even complaining about endgame. But to be honest? When I start Leaft 4 Dead 2, what am I doing? Following an entirely linear route in order to give zombies head-shots. So, yes, Dying Light doesn't only fulfills what L4D2 already brought, no, it also gives me the ability to free-roam with my friends, crafting stuff, discovering a huge amount of places and even the challenges are somehow... refreshing.

To be honest, even if I don't play around the entire time beating zombies on my own, I love to jump into peoples parties to help them! It gives me somehow a feeling of Diablo 2, when you've been able to check out who's at which stage of the game, offering you the ability of just jumping in and giving him some nice stuff. It's really cool that Techland did it this way.

But yes, what have people been expecting? Something like Skyrim - just pressed into an modern environment? Complicated, puzzle solving quests, impressive dialogues? C'mon Ladies and Gentlemen, let's be honest: No Dragons, no wizards, no puzzles. But it gives me definitely what I've been looking for.

Now, here comes the negative part:

The optimization. I've to say clearly, from what I experience, that these frame drops only use to happen when a cinematic gets triggered - and when spitters are around. Also the lightning / electric effects trigger sometimes a severe stuttering.

Anything else? Well, I'd have suggested to implement some different "Morning / Night"-Start-Sounds.

Nonetheless, I strongly recommend Techland to keep bringing out MORE DLC's than only those 3 which are on the To-Do-List. Please, go ahead and keep working on this project instead of dropping it after those 3 DLC's. Promise, you'll not regret it.

My System Specs:

i5 3570k @ 4.0 GHz
    8GB DDR-3 OC RAM
    GTX 670 OC
    Running at 1280 x 1024 / 75 Hz
  13. Apr 14, 2015
    Would love it if it wasn't suffering from a bad case of AAAitis. Still recommend because parkour and zombies, but it gets annoying.

Opening sequence gets your character bit. This causes seizures at defined points in the plot ala Halo 3 Cortana, and they're never not annoying. ~20 minute tutorial for a fps. Like I've never played one of these before. Why does the main character not

~20 minute tutorial for a fps. Like I've never played one of these before.
    Why does the main character not shoot the bandits at the beginning? Their intro said he was spec ops.
    Control constantly ripped from player so we can have 1st person over-acted scenes. Again, never not annoying.
    Plot holes. All of the plot holes. I wouldn't normally mind if the game weren't trying so hard on its story.
    All of the sewer missions.
    ~15 minute dream sequence complete with surreal floating platforms and slow movement. Because reasons.
    Main character completely inconsistent with back story.
    Rpg loot system complete with colored name rarity indicators. Not enough WoW up in here I guess.
    Main villian hates you because video game. Seriously he has no reason to initially hate you. I mean you do kill his men and steal their supply drops, but he makes no mention of it. He goes to great lengths to spite you for some reason.

KRRRRAAAAAANNNNEEEE. That's actually a plus I lol'd hard.
  14. Feb 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So I've been playing this game for about a week or so now, and so far, it's easily the best Zombie I've ever played, hands down. At first glance it may just seem like another Dead Island, but trust me, Techland learned a hell of a lot from their previous title, and made something that truly stands out to rival Far Cry 3 or even Skyrim.

The game has a brilliant Fight or Flight setup, where you can either tear through the mobs of zombies with swords, blunt weapons, or guns. Or run use the parkour to avoid fights altogether, it's a interesting contrast to the Stealth vs Mayhem you normally see in most games.

The Parkour itself really does deserve a mention here, no wall running, but you can climb buildings by jumping from window ledges or other parts of the architecture that jut out and give you something to grab onto. It really does feel like real parkour, using the environment to your advantage and improvising your path as you go, you don't ever really stop moving unless you want to fight or reach your destination.

The day and night mechanic is also pretty solid, during the day the game feels like a free for all, but at night it's closer to a true horror game with the Volatiles. These things don't **** around, they are TOUGH to kill, to a point where you better just run and get to the nearest safehouse. Plus the game has a sound mechanic, where loud noises like explosions, gunshots, car alarms, etc all draw in zombies, which adds to the tension and adds a risk factor to balance out Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns. The end result is a really adrenaline pumping experience, night time feels like a horror game while daytime feels more like an adventure.

The story, yea the voice acting isn't perfect but it is interesting enough to keep me playing, if just to find out what happens next. And there are some likeable characters, like Brecken, Rupert, Jade, Troy, Spike, etc. Each of them has some trait or two that I like about them, but they are minor traits that are underplayed and easily missed if you're not paying attention at all.

Graphics wise is a bit iffy......while I am sure it looks great when it's running on the right system, you really do need to have at least i5 4690K and GTX 970 or better to really make this game run beautifully. But then again graphics aren't everything as long as the game is playable, and with the Dying Light Manager it runs pretty decently, even on an older system like mine.

As for other criticisms I do have a few, one, in a game with melee combat, what do you expect to do besides striking someone.....block right? Guess what you can't do....BLOCK. You do get a shield later but it's really useless, it would have been nice to have some sort of parry button in the game at the very least, like it degrades twice as much as swinging it, but at least you have the option.

Another criticism I have so far is with the more unique zombies, like the toads, bombers, and goons. They certainly add variety but are kind of annoying to deal with at times, mainly the Goons, Toads, and Bombers. I love a challenge as much as anyone else, but these enemies aren't so much a challenge as they are an annoying obstacle. Which makes sense I suppose but compared to the Volatiles, they just aren't really fun to deal with, they just seem to be thrown in at just the right spots in the game to slow you down or cause a frustrating death. While it's different, it's just not fun to deal with them, and the way you deal with them as a player could have done a bit better, so it feels less like sudden stop in the game and more of a small hurdle you can get over with quick thinking.

Guns in the game are also something that I think could be improved on, while the fact that they do have a risk of drawing in more zombies to you when fired, they could have a few other interesting mechanics added in. Basically what happens is when you get the guns, they do not change at all even with a higher quality, not even damage. It would be nice if they had a few other stats or things added in, like attachments replacing upgrades, a wear mechanic where the gun overtime would get dirty and need to be cleaned or you risk it jamming on you in the middle of battle (ala Far Cry 2). Heck let us build a Silencer that wore down over time, so you only get like 10-15 shots out of it before it breaks and your gun makes noise again. Just a little more attention to the guns would have been nice, to make them really stand out from melee weapons.

Overall the game does have some issues and room to expand on, but it's a solid ground work for an outstanding zombie sandbox game. If you thought Dead Island was meh and was hoping for something more, or just love sandbox games and parkour, this is absolutely worth buying.

Played on

Core 2 Quad 9300 @ 2.5 ghz
    6 gb of ram
    GTX 750 Ti
    Asus 1080p 144 hz monitor
  15. Feb 18, 2015
    good zombi game,not perfect but not bad either,story is ok,gameplay is good and addictive,game is poorly optimised for ADM users,overall a solid game,,,
  16. Feb 20, 2015
    Dying light é um jogo de zombies que promete fazer as delicias dos fãs do género. Não inova em praticamente nada mas o que usa de outros jogos usa-os da forma mais correcta possível. Se a história não fosse tão fraca e se a Techland tivesse arriscado um pouco mais poderíamos estar perante uma autêntica pérola e uma revolução no género. A nossa review completa esta aquiDying light é um jogo de zombies que promete fazer as delicias dos fãs do género. Não inova em praticamente nada mas o que usa de outros jogos usa-os da forma mais correcta possível. Se a história não fosse tão fraca e se a Techland tivesse arriscado um pouco mais poderíamos estar perante uma autêntica pérola e uma revolução no género. A nossa review completa esta aqui http://bit.ly/1F1UtLQ Expand
  17. Feb 23, 2015
    DYING LIGHT REVIEW

Singleplayer The Singleplayer is fantastic. The story is somewhat bad but it's engaging. At times you will just want to say "SHUT UP!" At characters. I'll give you a basic outline of the story. No spoilers here. You are a agent from the GRE (a ministers of defence thing) sent out to Harran to collect some data on the virus there. However along the way you just become
    DYING LIGHT REVIEW

Singleplayer
    The Singleplayer is fantastic. The story is somewhat bad but it's engaging. At times you will just want to say "SHUT UP!" At characters. I'll give you a basic outline of the story. No spoilers here. You are a agent from the GRE (a ministers of defence thing) sent out to Harran to collect some data on the virus there. However along the way you just become a message/delivery boy who is bland. In the end you kill the bad guy blah blah blah. The side missions are where it's at. They are a lot better than the story missions because they are just a lot more fun. However quite a few are just fetch quests, but don't let that put you off.

Co-Op
    The co-op mode lets you have up to 4 people (like in dead island) in Harran all free roaming and murderising. You will kill bandits, goons and even your own friends in the "Be the zombie" mode. Which is horriably one sided with the survivor sense. It's still fun though and it's worth a shot.

Gameplay
    The melee combat is ripped straight from dead island so expect in the lower levels for the zombies to be hit sponges. The crafting mechanic is still there from the dead island franchise except the weapons are more sense able. The free running is near perfect it's so satisfy jumping off things and ziplining everywhere. Also late game you get a grapple hook which is so much fun!

Overall
    Pros
    Free running mechanics
    Melee combat
    Side missions

Cons
    Story a bit of a bore
    Can be glitchy when running around (rocks mainly)

Score: 87/100
  18. Feb 26, 2015
    This game could be SO MUCH BETTER if it was a little bit harder or having a hardcore mode. It's just way too easy. I'm in OLD TOWN and I don't feel any, zero adrenaline rush because dying here is pointless. You die at night and you go straight to a safe house. WTF??? You have none sensation of reward whatsoever. We need a system that when you die, you lose something. Like all your moneyThis game could be SO MUCH BETTER if it was a little bit harder or having a hardcore mode. It's just way too easy. I'm in OLD TOWN and I don't feel any, zero adrenaline rush because dying here is pointless. You die at night and you go straight to a safe house. WTF??? You have none sensation of reward whatsoever. We need a system that when you die, you lose something. Like all your money and stuff and you need to take back by going back to the exact same point of your last death. If you die on the way to take back your stuff, you lose all your money and the 4 weapons you were holding. PERIOD. And leave the CURRENT MODE for noobs. Thats just freaking RIDICULOUS NOT HAVING A HARDCORE MODE. I'm playing this like "MEH, WHATEVER" Dying light had A ZILION TON OF POTENTIAL if TECHLAND had created modes like EASY= **** MODE NORMAL = REGULAR GUY MODE HARDCORE (like when you're so freaking scared that even an oiled needle can't get through your **** THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Expand
  19. Feb 9, 2015
    A game that has not that good begining,this game becomes so good about at 25% of main story it begins to beacume pure awesome when u get your first gun and shoot the enemys. don't be folled, with 13hours main story (beacuse dead island took crazy long for all quests (27.5h)) and 47hours in total with speedruns and side quests. when a lot overhiped games we anouced that waren't that good,A game that has not that good begining,this game becomes so good about at 25% of main story it begins to beacume pure awesome when u get your first gun and shoot the enemys. don't be folled, with 13hours main story (beacuse dead island took crazy long for all quests (27.5h)) and 47hours in total with speedruns and side quests. when a lot overhiped games we anouced that waren't that good, this game got silent for some time and came with a bam, techland i dint think u can make this game, good way to start 2015 with other awesome games like withcer 3 and ext. Expand
  20. Feb 10, 2015
    This game has revitalized my love for zombie killing! This game has really good parkour mechanics and the melee fighting is top notch. There is a good deal of content to the game and although the story is not anything incredible, it does not disappoint. The game is a blast to play through with friends! The only problem I see with the game so far is that when you play with four people it isThis game has revitalized my love for zombie killing! This game has really good parkour mechanics and the melee fighting is top notch. There is a good deal of content to the game and although the story is not anything incredible, it does not disappoint. The game is a blast to play through with friends! The only problem I see with the game so far is that when you play with four people it is a little too easy to kill zombies, and therefore you get a crazy amount of loot and can make endless flares and molotov cocktails. This makes the game even easier. All in all this game was an excellent purchase and I am glad to say it was well worth the $60 price point. Expand
  21. Feb 11, 2015
    Great game! Everything is improved here comparing to Dead Islands. Graphics is awesome, but that's not the best part of the game. Yes, story is not unique and awesome, missions are sometimes repetitive, but all together VERY FUN to play which is most important. Bad thing is that game is probably targeted for consoles and controllers, so way too easy to play with mouse and keyboard. LookingGreat game! Everything is improved here comparing to Dead Islands. Graphics is awesome, but that's not the best part of the game. Yes, story is not unique and awesome, missions are sometimes repetitive, but all together VERY FUN to play which is most important. Bad thing is that game is probably targeted for consoles and controllers, so way too easy to play with mouse and keyboard. Looking forward for DLC's! Expand
  22. Feb 18, 2015
    Extremely satisfying.

Extremely satisfying.

The weakest part of the game is definitely the main storyline. The voice acting is decent enough, but for an open world game the railroading is frustrating. The Antizen is supposed to be coming in airdrops, right? So why is it when you're good enough to collect night drops, beat Reisz's men to the drops, or beat up Reisz's men for the drops, why is there no Antizen? Extremely frustrating. The side quests range from dark and serious to so-bad-it's-good ridiculous bloodfests, and they manage to keep things fresh enough that you can get over the fact that it's either "kill 30 zombies" or "fetch the person/glasses/book".

The strongest aspect is definitely the parkour. First person parkour systems don't usually work well, Mirrors Edge is the closest they've managed and honestly it was always a little unreliable for my taste, but it was so linear that it varied wildly between "incredibly fun" and "tedious platforming". Dying Light takes that system, simplifies it a bit, and puts it in a well designed open world where you can get from A to B in a myriad of entertaining ways. Want to run through the city and dodge zombies? Go ahead. Path across the highway by jumping on wrecked cars? Safe and sound. Race through the slums on rooftops? Watch out for those cheep plywood covers, and don't fall. Extremely well done.

The combat is a big step up from Techland's previous entries as well. Gone are the zombie levels and click spamming to clear a path through the horde. Some zombies are tougher than others - Goons, for example, can take a lot of punishment - but even early on you can kill almost anything. Number's are the zombie's biggest advantage due to the weapon durability and combat endurance. Both are easy to adapt to - don't flail at a bunch of zombie torsos, strike the head and back off - but if you decide to start smashing skulls you can expect to get bit. A lot. Especially in the early and mid game, it does a good job making combat an option, but typically not the best option, for getting past obstacles.

The crafting system is pretty basic, and kind of ridiculous. Grab everything, because only weapons take up inventory space, and use it to create ridiculous weapons. Baseball bat with a cattle prod, butcher knife with a butane torch, hammer with a syringe, why not. Consumables are a bit more reasonable at first, with throwing knives and Molotov cocktails, but they you start crafting elemental shuriken and grenades and it gets just as ridiculous as the weapons. It's more useful than, say, Far Cry 3's crafting system, but a bit out of place.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the night time. At night, some pretty nasty zombies called Volotiles come out. These are a bit like the zombies from I Am Legend - they're sensitive to UV light, which can be used to weaken them (or supposedly kill them if you catch them in a trap, though I've never managed that), but they're incredibly fast, incredibly strong, and very durable if you don't first burn them with the UV light. For the most part you don't have to go out at night except for a few main story quests and you can just sleep in safe zones where nothing will bother you, but if you do go out you get double experience, plus a bunch of extra exp for escaping Volotiles and even more for killing them. That's not counting the chance to kill Bolters for valuable crafting supplies and a few quests that require collecting and/or activating things at night.

Overall, it's a great game that shows a lot of polish. Hopefully Techland will get a chance to refine the formula down the line, maybe shore up the tone and story which seems to be the weak point of Dying Light. Big props to the developers though for putting time in after release to add modding (with multiplayer matching no less) and Linux support.
  23. Mar 11, 2015
    отличная игра.предпочел взять ее за 1000руб с сезоном,чем far cry 4 за 1800руб.интересная,приятно играть в кооп
  24. Mar 20, 2015
    Quite a good apocalyptic zombie game. I would consider this game a step or two above the Dead Island series or Dead Rising series. The story is good, the graphics are great, and the gameplay is spectacular. I really enjoyed how the movement was similar to that of the game Mirror's Edge. It worked out mechanically sound. It was enjoyable climbing buildings and using parkour type movementQuite a good apocalyptic zombie game. I would consider this game a step or two above the Dead Island series or Dead Rising series. The story is good, the graphics are great, and the gameplay is spectacular. I really enjoyed how the movement was similar to that of the game Mirror's Edge. It worked out mechanically sound. It was enjoyable climbing buildings and using parkour type movement throughout the game (dodging, rolling, climbing ledges and jumping hurdles at fast speeds). Expand
  25. Apr 5, 2015
    Cons
    -story
    -main antagonist
    -match making isues
    Pros
    -characters
    -voice acting
    -parkour
    -zombie ai
    -great open world set up
    would be a 7,but the co-op and be a zombie brings it to a 8
  26. May 17, 2015
    Dying Light is an exciting game that is let down by several mundane, anachronistic RPG tropes. In the few areas where it succeeds however, it does extremely well.

Two parts of Dying Light deserve special commendation - the zombies, and the environments. It's difficult to describe fictional monsters as "realistic", but Dying Light takes the best depictions of zombies from various sources and blends them into a mix all fans of the genre are sure to love.

The standard zombie is akin to those encountered on the Walking Dead: numerous, slow and easily manipulated on the one hand, but tough and eerily silent on the other. "Virals" are more similar to the "infected" of 28 Days Later: fast, athletic and aggressive, they can spot from a distance or burst from hidden rooms, and are relentless in pursuit. There are several special zombie types similar to the Tanks, Boomers, Chargers and Spitters of Left4Dead, and by night the terrifying "Volatile" is like something from Resident Evil; practically invincible, the only effective course of action is to run through the dark to escape them. The zombie classes appear to logically correlate to stages of infection. For instance, soon after turning, a bitten person becomes a viral, which explains the occasional, human pleas for help that come from virals in between attacks. The net effect is a world that appears internally consistent and relatively realistic.

The area of the game however that I found most impressive was the environment. Dying Light is set in a fictional territory called "Harran." Despite several cues that present Harran as a Middle Eastern country, such as Middle Eastern radio music, geography and Arabic-sounding NPC names and accents, the architecture of Old Town strikes me as more Mediterranean. When coupled with English signage, Harran presents itself as an impressively non-derivative setting. Old Town in particular is absolutely stunning, and there were several instances where I found myself mournfully reflecting on the fact that it is a fictional location. In better days, it is just the type of place I would like to visit for a holiday, and the very fact that I could picture myself going to its museum or wandering its streets demonstrates how effectively the location is rendered as a real place that has gone to hell.

Unfortunately, there are areas of Dying Light that felt like throwbacks to inefficient gaming conventions of times past. The parkour system is a central aspect of the game that has been favourably compared to other first person free running games like Mirrors Edge, whilst simultaneously praised for its realism. Dying Light neither adopts the "hold space and W" tactic that makes free-running a breeze in modern games like Assassins Creed and Watchdogs, nor the bright visual cues so iconic in Mirrors Edge. Instead, to jump to a ledge it is necessary to centre the reticule on it directly and hold space, and whilst there are some environmental hints, such as black-and-yellow rebars that denote climbable ledges and blue awnings/trash bundles for soft-landings, they are not as consistently applied as they are in Mirrors Edge.

The problem with this approach is that the parkour system is not sufficiently limitless to warrant such a "realistic" approach. In Mirrors Edge, the brightly coloured world, to me, as much represented the world as seen by a parkour expert as it contributed to its clean aesthetic. Climbable ledges and safe landing zones stood out to my avatar as I imagine they would to another free runner, whereas I, as a novice, would miss them. As a player, I feel that whenever my intent is clear, my character should be able to fill in the gaps and execute the move. If I fail because I made the wrong decision then that is fair enough, but failing over a technicality makes for a tedious experience. Unfortunately, there were many situations in Dying Light where I would frustratingly fall to my death trying to execute a simple manoeuvre because a certain ledge wasn't climbable, despite there being no logical reason why it shouldn't be, or because I hadn't positioned my cursor in exactly the right location during a jump. To add to the frustration, my character has two modes - sprinting or shambling along trying to catch his breath. This meant that he would often lose his puff in the middle of a zombie horde and stumble into an attack, when in reality keeping a steady paced jog would be the better tactic.

Finally, and briefly, the crafting and skill system are too reminiscent of previous generation RPGs. Skill trees, pages of weapon stats and "crafting xxx" dialogs need to be replaced with more dynamic and interactive systems in 2015, building from Skyrim's approach where abilities progress from player use. Keep the nuts and bolts statistics hidden, and something more fun up front!
  27. Jun 12, 2015
    well made zombie game. the weapon system is great and it feels surprisingly great to smash a zombie's head in this game. the open world is full of stuffs that you can have fun with parkour. the story wasn't that great, but overally it is a great game
  28. Jun 28, 2015
    Having played a bit further into the story campaign my thoughts on the game have changed a little, I am definitely still enjoying it...the night missions are surely exhilarating with volatiles nipping at your heels, but I would like to take you through some genuine criticisms and feelings about Techland's journey thus far. Not all of you may know that Techland had a similarly themed gameHaving played a bit further into the story campaign my thoughts on the game have changed a little, I am definitely still enjoying it...the night missions are surely exhilarating with volatiles nipping at your heels, but I would like to take you through some genuine criticisms and feelings about Techland's journey thus far. Not all of you may know that Techland had a similarly themed game in the works before Dead Island called 'Day of the Mutant' an open-world survival horror set in the Nevada desert, this was in the early-mid 2000s so the basic idea had been kicking around in the minds of the devs for quite some time.

I remember when Dead Island was announced and it promised an intense zombie apocalypse where you would have to use all your resources just to survive and forming allegiances with factions to aid you...maybe just like stalker shoc my expectations were a touch high, and while I had a good time with DI, I still wondered if the ultimate zombie survival sim I could imagine would ever grace my monitor screen. It would seem like with Dying Light it has made some significant staggering zombie steps in the right direction, but not quite the volatile leap forward it probably should have been. Many parallels can be brought to light with the aforementioned stalker, chiefly the npc interaction - let us not mince words, the people that populate DL just don't feel real...remember in stalker every time you visited the bar, the same flies are there, no one is coming or going, the ambient voice on a timer saying "I just want to forget everything", and it is exactly like this on every visit. Similarly in DL it doesn't feel like a living, breathing world...there is a guy sitting in his kitchen perpetually eating beans, will he every spring into action? Maybe he has his own agenda of ending the apocalypse when he finally gets relief after his supernatural meal reaches its end. In the end the npc's feel like traffic lights rather than any semblance of people, the game world just won't move forward unless you jump through these hoops, and that is even a line that is uttered in some form by the protagonist! The same criticism can be leveled at many other games, but the point is sweeping over the smaller details really hurts the atmosphere of any game with a legitimate goal of immersing the player in the game world. The core characters are typically broad stereotypes, but are notably carefully sketched so as to make the cut-scenes somewhat engaging and even a bit funny thanks to the trademark cheeky brash humour that is often the case with Eastern European productions, it is refreshing when so many US developed games take themselves way too seriously. Even though I am only 10% into the game I can see the eventual twists coming a mile a way, but who knows, maybe it will surprise me. Another aspect of the game that disappointed me was how the weapons, or what weapons you have access to is so stringently controlled by leveling the survival rank. If you elected not to dive into the story missions head first and just wanted to explore Harran on your own terms for a while as I did, I can assure that you won't find anything better than a lead pipe no matter how deep into a zombie invested area you fight your way into, you fought hard and reached the chest requiring hard lock picking, what wonders lay inside!? Yep, you guessed it, a lead pipe. This is a major oversight of the developers, e.g. in Fallout 3 you might keep wandering over many a hill, searching the nooks and crannies, fight your way through a mutant infested cave and at the end of the tunnel is a super laser weapon and you can pick it up, it is yours! you went out of your way exploring and were duly rewarded. In DL that aspect of an open world is nearly completely lost, just plough through the story missions to gain access to more powerful gear..sorry, this just comes off as stupid game design, probably as a result of Techland's interpretation of criticism that was dealt at Dead Island. Finally, the AI has been glossed over in much the same way as in Crysis 2 which had woeful enemy behaviour out of the box. For example when you encounter thugs at a certain distance they just stand there in a braced position, waiting for you to make the first move. If I throw an exploding ninja star at a guys head, you think it may have an exploding watermelon effect, but rather he has WB style cartoon scorch marks on his face!...I wondered why WB published this game.

Okay,enough rants for today, but those are just some things that should have been addressed with DL, given Techland's experience they still haven't quite nailed down what precise ingredients make a truly great survival horror zombie experience. Obviously I still have a long way to go with this game, and I am going to just enjoy what it has to offer, if anything it is certainly fun to play, and at the end of the day that is a pretty important statement.
    I hope you enjoy the game!

-Amigian aka GhostoftheNavigator
  29. Jul 2, 2015
    Dying light defines a new first person melee system.Great game, i think the difficulty makes the game epic and addictiive to play,free runner engine is key role of the game.i loved this game on my pc , after i ended the game i still played the side missions. great work from developers of dead island techland.
  30. Jul 13, 2015
    SO DYING LIGHT

Campaign Not special however interesting Characters are great but some of them lack personality Also good thing it has CO-OP I also liked that it had some morals that you werent a govorment agent with no brain and i liked he rebels againt them And people saying it filled with cliche and yea it is but i dont get how people that far cry 3 isnt, the main guy survives
    SO DYING LIGHT

Campaign
    Not special however interesting
    Characters are great but some of them lack personality
    Also good thing it has CO-OP
    And people saying it filled with cliche and yea it is but i dont get how people that far cry 3 isnt, the main guy survives every encounter with main bad guy vass

CO-OP
    Probably one of the biggest strengts of the game

Open world
    Extremly fun to do very stupid stuff its very rich playground

Zambies
    They can be put in 6 categories
    1 The slow ones with extremly low IQ (they basicly trip on the sidewalk,howeverpowerful in big numbers)
    2 Volatiles-faster ones wich are pain in the ass to kill in beginnig however still can be outran by jumping over the simple fence
    3 The night ones-they take **** ton of damage heck they survive like 50 swing by korek machette
    4 Demolisher-basicly a tank from L4D2
    5 Bloaters-they run from you and its a pain in the ass to kill one
    6 Bombers-like boomers from L4D2 however they attract volatiles and can kill you with explosion if too close

DLC
    I havent played any one however it seems like is not worth getting

Parkour
    A **** brilliant idea its smooth and it sometimes like playing assasins creed first pearson

Side quests
    In beggining daunting but fun after that

Verdict
    8-if played alone
    9-With a friend
  31. Aug 19, 2015
    Dying light takes all the good elements from the Dead Island series, adds parkour and then gives you an open-world playground to explore. While the free-running is no-where near at the same level as Mirror's Edge, it still allows you to fluidly travel across the map.

Game play wise, the game is very fun; melee combat is brutal and satisfying (as it should be) and firearms are used at an appropriate rate through the campaign. The main thing that I dislike about Dying Light is the lack of character development. For a game that primarily focuses on a single player experience, only a few of the characters that are introduced in the story are really developed, and this means that you don't really feel connected to them as you would to characters in say, Last of Us.

Overall, a very good game to pick up and play, although I would recommend purchasing it at a discounted price, as it's highly likely that you will finish the main story and a few side quests and then never touch the game again.
  32. Oct 18, 2015
    This was a game that originally, I thought would be sub-par. What I got was actually a very fun and refreshing take on the genre. I mean they are still zombies and it the weapons are very Dead Islandish, but the parkour makes it so much more fun. This game was a blast to play. Unfortunately many of the earlier fights with humans are extremely frustrating as they all seem to be ninjasThis was a game that originally, I thought would be sub-par. What I got was actually a very fun and refreshing take on the genre. I mean they are still zombies and it the weapons are very Dead Islandish, but the parkour makes it so much more fun. This game was a blast to play. Unfortunately many of the earlier fights with humans are extremely frustrating as they all seem to be ninjas at dodging and counter attacking. I also ran into a slew of crashes, freezes, and slow downs that never happens on other games. Expand
  33. Jan 2, 2016
    One of the more frustrating games I will ever play. In nearly every facet of the game the devs came very close to making something amazing but fell just short. The combination of these shortcomings is a poorly executed mess that leaves the player saying "it was so close, yet so far away.. from a good game".
  34. Feb 1, 2015
    I'm playing at 2560x1440 on a 4770K @ 4.4Ghz, 780Ti and 8GB RAM rig. All settings maxed apart from shadows on high (ultra isn't worth the performance hit) and a view distance of 50%, which is more than enough. Until Techland patch the game, running CPU at HIGH priority smooths performance acceptably. Apart from heavy foliage areas, the game runs at a 50-60fps constant.

Gameplay is very

Gameplay is very nice, the free running is very well implemented and once you've opened up some of the extra abilities and feel comfortable with the controls it's excellent. Weapons feel good and each has it's own realistic weight and swing speed. Tackling the different kinds of zombie is fun and it's not long before you are dancing around the slower ones, picking them off with various kicks and melee attacks.

I started the game with the XBox 360 controller, but it's a first person game, therefore, mouse and keyboard (with a well thought out binding setup) is the best choice for a more responsive experience. Also, the M&K offers more choice in how you deal with a situation; get stuck in a tight area - surrounded by moaning zombies - with a controller, and more often than not you'll need to make a run for it to survive. Playing with M&K offers agility, something that really plays it part in Dying Light.

The main story is fine and side missions bolster it further still. Characters are decent enough and most add a certain amount of emotion to the game, allowing the player to feel part of something rather than just a lone wolf hack and slasher. The crafting is well done and all sorts of crazy weapons can be made; the intrigue and excitement of what weapons the game has in store for you is almost enough on it's own to make you want to keep playing.

Graphics are very nice and people moaning about performance issues need to reduce settings or simply upgrade their hardware. Games like this are made for gaming rigs, not everyday PCs. I get similar performance to the likes of FarCry 3 but the visuals, in my opinion, are overall better, especially the detail and draw distance. Shading and light effects are excellent. as are particles and smoke. Both night and day look good, very good.

The audio is very good; moaning zombies, weapon slashes and bludgeons, environmental ambience, etc, all work well to provide the gamer with immersion. I play most games with music off - I don't want to feel like I'm in a movie - but the tunes in Dying Light are kept to a minimum and are adequate.

It may take parts from FarCry, Mirrors Edge, Assassin's Creed and it's own predecessor, Dead Island, but it does it with great aplomb. Techland deserve praise for this open world game. It's ticks all the boxes for me and if it wasn't for the iffy performance (the odd slow down during certain combat and cut-scenes) it would be a 10/10 from me.
  35. Jan 29, 2015
    The performance issues are unfortunate. It seems to run ok on my system, once everything is loaded, but every time new graphics need to load, it slows to a crawl. I'm guessing that's what's dragging down the average score, because other than that, it's a great game. A lot of nice improvements over Dead Island..

Personally, I'm going to overlook the technical issues for now, but the

Personally, I'm going to overlook the technical issues for now, but the devs need to get on this.
  36. Feb 2, 2015
    Dying Light is an improved version of Dead Island. It handles everything better. It has better graphics. For example, it has more detailed character model, spectacular views and long draw distance. I also like the setting, which I considered relatively unique and very atmospheric. For gameplay, it is excellent. The free-running mechanics or the parkour system works quite well. It offersDying Light is an improved version of Dead Island. It handles everything better. It has better graphics. For example, it has more detailed character model, spectacular views and long draw distance. I also like the setting, which I considered relatively unique and very atmospheric. For gameplay, it is excellent. The free-running mechanics or the parkour system works quite well. It offers players much freedom as you can basically climb most things you see. You won't feel bored traveling the enormous city because there is so much fun found in this traversal system. You can still craft and enchant weapons with electricity. The is also a lot of upgrade available in the game, you can gain them through parkour or killing enemies. These upgrades and get you a larger backpack, or unlock new abilities like dashing, sliding and things like that. The skills tree is quite complex, but it takes time to unlock all of them but it is often satisfying when unlocking one, especially when you know that many of these abilities are game-changing. Killing zombies is as fun as always. However, the combat in the beginning is a bit frustrating, because the zombie takes A LOT of hit before they died, and the stamina system often work against them. However, players can choose to evade a large horde of zombies instead of battling all of them. You can also plan before taking action, for example, to throw a firecracker to distract the zombies before entering a building that is originally surrounding by them. However, when you gets some better weapon, that is a different story. In addition, parkour is also very useful in killing zombies. For example, jump kick a zombie to spikes is always very fun. The combat itself is still similar to Dead Island overall, brutal and violent. The story itself, well, not a masterpiece, but it has done its job. The story can be even better when it gives player the choice to do things or not. Voice acting is generally very good, especially the playable characters. The day-night cycle really changes the game a lot. Day time zombie is clumsy and stupid and become aggressive and fast when night time come. You can either use stealth, or run to evade the zombie, but both of them is a very tense experience. It is a pity that the night time is a little bit too short. I really like the concept, and the execution is very good too. There is quite a variety of zombies, but unfortunately I don't think any of them is unique and particularly interesting. The AI is surprising good though, especially those for human AI. Some of them can react very quickly and even knew how to dodge your attack using the parkour movement. That is very impressing. For the multiplayer, it has 4 player co-op, which is also fun to mess around with friends. It also gets a 4v1 Be the zombie mode, in my opinion, it is rather stupid, but if you played it with friends, you can still find a lot of joy from it. There is one things I would like to complain is that I don't really want to explore the world of the game despite traveling around is fun because the color tone of the game is a bit too repetitive. However, the world is still full of staffs to do. Another things I don't like is the lockpicking, which don't really give you anything valuable. There is some others things to improve, such as the actually telling the player where you can climb and where you cannot as it can be confusing some time. The game also have quite a lot of technical issues, but it is not that game-breaking everyone said it is, at least not for me. But generally, it is a very fun and enjoyable game. It is basically Dead Island with a more series tone and most importantly, with depth. It is a very worthwhile experience. If you enjoy slaying zombies, like Dead Island, like parkour, like games with rich content, then it is the game for you. Expand
  37. Feb 4, 2015
    Love this game, and im pretty hard to impress as ive played alot of games and nothing keeps my attention for long but this game is exactly what i always wanted for a zombie game, combat feels great, the skill trees make sense and feel like they make a difference, lots of different weapons that have different feels to them.
    Also its been a long time since a game has actually scared the
    Also its been a long time since a game has actually scared the **** out of me (other than alien, which wore off quick do to how annoying and "unrealistic/unreasonable" the alien seemed with it being highly scripted) The volitiles really scare the crap out of me because they dont really hand you the ability to easily avoid them, it makes me think "Oh **** when i hear i dont have much time left before dark.

CONS: The physics at times can be really extreme and arcade like but for some reason it doesnt bother me TOO much, and i find the sound feels a bit "off" like im not really IN the game. But overall a great game still not done with it and im having tons of fun.
  38. Jan 29, 2015
    I've been massively disappointed by all the previous AAA zombie games. Dying Light is different. It really nails the zombie theme. The movement and combat are fluid, the weapon/crafting/skill systems make it surprisingly deep. I'm not often impressed by games anymore but this one has really surprised me.
  39. Jan 29, 2015
    I have been eagerly awaiting this game for some time since seeing a teaser trailer released last year. Unfortunately I've been left slightly disappointed with the end result. Not being a great fan of multiplayer, I like to complete a game on my own first so this review is based solely on single player action. I'm around 18 hours into the game and at 45% story completion.

First the

First the bad:
    The most disappointing element for me was the very limited map size, which you can run across end to end in around 7 minutes. I explored the entire map area and restored all safe houses within 8 hours of playing, leaving little in the way of exploring for later in the game. As far as I can tell there are no areas inaccessible that will require later missions to unlock. Compared to a truly open world game such as Skyrim or GTA, Dying Light's world is minute. With other games soon to be released with maps 20-30 times bigger than this (eg.The Witcher 3), this doesn't seem enough to satisfy my adventurous side.

Another disappointment is the repetitive nature of the environments, NPCs and zombies. There are around 5 or 6 types of zombie lurking around so far, and they all wear basically the same outfit or carry the same injuries etc. The same can be said for the rival gang members you encounter, with each roving band being the same as the last. Buildings and textures are continually repeated throughout the landscape as well, and many buildings are not accessible, again questioning whether it is truly an 'open world' experience.

Now the good:
    Story is engaging and voice acting is good quality. The NPCs are well characterized, some likeable, some genuinely sinister. The day/night mechanic adds a new dimension to the zombie/survival genre I have not encountered before and being chased by the virals in the dark can be an edge of your seat experience as you strive to make the nearest safe house with your survival points in the bag!

The graphics are also gorgeous, even without being on the highest settings, and the world is well designed to accommodate and test the parkour mechanics.

Level up system is also well balanced and nicely opens up new skills such as crafting and extra combat techniques, as the story progresses.

Performance:
    In terms of optimization and performance, personally I have had no issues and have been averaging around 45FPS outside on low/medium settings (which still look good). This is with an ATI HD 6870 gpu and a 3rd generation i5 processor at 3.3ghz. I am running the game off a dedicated SSD which I think helps, and have windows 7 running of another SSD. I have turned down field of view (FOV) settings below default which boosted frame rates instantly, given the limited RAM onboard my graphics card.

In summary, it's not a bad game and a great concept, I just think they could have done so much more with the size and depth f the environment in order to make it truly immersive.
  40. Jan 28, 2015
    Everyplace Farcry 4 failed, Dying Light delivers.

Everyplace Farcry 4 failed, Dying Light delivers.

Free-movement laterally and vertically through an urban environment is done very well (and gets smoother with skill-ups) never gets old, and the environment reward exploration with valuable loot, blueprints, and trophies. Urban verticality means there is often a way over your problems, and sparser outlying areas make you very aware of how vulnerable you become without a plethora of obstacles to put between you and your pursuers.

Enemies that don't seem tedious because they always present a 'fight or run' decision at every turn (and running is still fun). At night, this turns into 'run or run like hell' if you get spotted (night is skippable, as is day).

Anyone who complained about wildlife in Farcry 4 will find DL's zombies a reprieve. NPC's don't exist as badger and eagle fodder (making their often quirky/appalling subquests a part of the story as well as often reward you with unpurchaseable/uncraftable weapon upgrades (or even blueprints for craftable ones).

As you develop your skills, the hordes grow more numerous and diverse, always posing significant risk to your well being. Expect to get beaten and killed, often, depending on your approach and ability to weigh risks. Firearms are powerful and become more available as time goes on, but will attract measures of unwanted attention which, again, may or may not be worth their use in any given situation. The risk/reward balance feels well measured, and trading an obnoxious threat for a more predictable one can sometimes be worth it.

Disposable melee weapons keep you on your toes and makes upgrade components all the more valuable as you progress; there's no reason to hoard. Keep the best, upgrade them, use them 'till its last breath, chuck it into the skull of a zombie as a parting celebration, and remorselessly move on to the next. Weapons are tools (literally), and there are plenty of them in Harran, so sell off the spares.

Dying Light lands as a solid experience well worth the expense, both in story and gameplay. Sound and graphics play perfectly together as you jump, loot, and bludgeon your way through the streets trying to save as many people as you can. NPC's do their best to hold their own, protect their own, and know their city better than you do. Helping them feels rewarding, and I'd give them better than even odds against your average honey badger; having to combat the living is a completely different affair. I've seen pairs go toe to toe against rebar-wielding monstrosities with somewhat even odds, making my casual intervention feel worth it in the end.

Pick it up.
  41. Jan 27, 2015
    Not that deep into it yet but I'm really enjoying it so far. Perhaps some may find the beginning a bit of a slow start. Tutorializing was a little long but not too bad. Nice sense of pressure as the sun goes down. Very pretty game, solid combat and fun parkour especially once you start unlocking abilities. Crafting is fun. If youre looking for true survival look elsewhere, supplies areNot that deep into it yet but I'm really enjoying it so far. Perhaps some may find the beginning a bit of a slow start. Tutorializing was a little long but not too bad. Nice sense of pressure as the sun goes down. Very pretty game, solid combat and fun parkour especially once you start unlocking abilities. Crafting is fun. If youre looking for true survival look elsewhere, supplies are fairly plentiful if you bother pressing 'q' (search) once in a while. Story is basic so far but still more or less engaging. It keeps me moving to the next thing at least. Zombies (and more importantly, humans) can be dumb at times. waiting for me to come down to them even though they watched me run up the stairs on the side. I've seen some weird clipping of zombies starting to fall through floor as they stand on the edge of a roof.

BIGGEST COMPLAINT: as of today, release day, I'm having some horrible frame rate issues. It doesn't actually affect gameplay, it only happens during cutscenes. This does include tiny cutscenes like opening of doors. I'll hear the audio for the scene begin but I'll be stuck at the beginning. and eventually it'll get going, occasionally still at a slow speed. This is really bad because it basically ruins the cutscenes, but tbh I would be much more upset if it actually affected my gameplay which it does not.

I fully expect them to repair this, but it bears mentioning. Overall a very enjoyable game.
  42. Jan 28, 2015
    for those they have performance problem with vsync turn on triplebuffering(gogle it),after this i have const 60 fps.i had 20 to 60 fps and after this -magic .Game is very good but console oriented.Now i have no prob with perf.
  43. Jan 29, 2015
    As much as I was disappointed by so many games in the past year, I was at first surprised and then delighted by Dying Light. Sure, the story is mediocre (but it does take 30 hours to go through it all), characters are barely fleshed out and the vast majority of what is in Dying Light was somewhere else before (Far Cry 3 comes to mind most often). But as with Shadow of Mordor, all of theAs much as I was disappointed by so many games in the past year, I was at first surprised and then delighted by Dying Light. Sure, the story is mediocre (but it does take 30 hours to go through it all), characters are barely fleshed out and the vast majority of what is in Dying Light was somewhere else before (Far Cry 3 comes to mind most often). But as with Shadow of Mordor, all of the diverse influences come together to make something amazing. Parkour is a lot of fun and stays fun as new skills are learnt and give new movement options. A new environment appears 2/3 through the story and you can finally run along rooftops like a true parkour champion. Melee fighting is well-balanced and feels great and also changes significantly as new skills are unlocked and better weapons found - at first (and by that I mean many many hours), running is the only option, then some moderate fighting, only towards the end does fighting make sense, still without being too easy, as the zombie hordes can still easily overpower you and there are new types of much tougher zombies. Then there are the nights that change things around even more - adding stealth, making things more scary, making you run away in terror every time you are spotted by the much faster night hunting zombies.

It's a good game. There is so much in it and despite being somewhat repetitive, it doesn't get boring. Some gameplay moments are pure gold - having to cut a path through a hall filled with a 100 zombies, trying to save a friend on the other side. Your first fight with an enemy sporting an assault rifle, shooting at you from a roof, making you plan your approach so that you can find a way to rush him with your baseball bat without being headshot. And so many others. Some other moments are not so good - the ending fight sequence comes to mind.

Still, this is by far the most pleasant gaming surprise I've had in the past year. Thank God this is nothing like Dead Island.
  44. Jan 31, 2015
    This is hands down the best game I've played in the last year. To begin I think it's fair to say I had the same FPS issues that people are complaining about. But with a little teaks I was off and running. I was afraid this was going to be Dead Island all over again. But if Dead Island is Batman Forever then Dying Light is The Dark Knight. This game is gritty and real. It is 100% andThis is hands down the best game I've played in the last year. To begin I think it's fair to say I had the same FPS issues that people are complaining about. But with a little teaks I was off and running. I was afraid this was going to be Dead Island all over again. But if Dead Island is Batman Forever then Dying Light is The Dark Knight. This game is gritty and real. It is 100% and apocalypse simulator. But the real fun happens when the sun goes down. Then it becomes a nightmare simulator. The Volatiles are ruthless and brutal. The first time you kill one you have such a feeling of satisfaction. Which is shortly thereafter ruined by his friends coming to rip you to shreds.

Also, you can tell which reviewers didn't actually play the game for any length of time by the ones complaining about the size of the world. There is a whole other city you go to later in the game besides the area you start in. It's not as big but the buildings are taller so it's comparable in size and things to do.

This is the zombie game you've been waiting for.
  45. Jan 31, 2015
    I felt compelled to write this after reading some user reviews. It seems if you play in on a PC then you have a bad experience. However, I'm playing it on Xbox One and wow! Not had a single glitch yet. Am quite a way in already (very moorish gameplay) and considering the size and scope of it, to have not yet found a single issue or framerate drop is incredible. I'm playing the digitalI felt compelled to write this after reading some user reviews. It seems if you play in on a PC then you have a bad experience. However, I'm playing it on Xbox One and wow! Not had a single glitch yet. Am quite a way in already (very moorish gameplay) and considering the size and scope of it, to have not yet found a single issue or framerate drop is incredible. I'm playing the digital download version so no disc. The best way I can describe DL is a mix between the last two Far Cry games, Dead Island (obviously) and a mix between Skyrim and Mirror's Edge. The only reason this game does not rate a 10/10 is because of a few niggles I have such as some of the mechanics are ripped straight from other games. Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing (lock picking right from Skyrim) but I've seen so many of these in other games now everything is a little too familiar. Early missions too are nothing more than run to B and bring back to A. And what sealed the deal is when I found a time trail challenge. I hate this things. Other than that great. Can't wait to get a co-op started with my friends. Expand
  46. Jan 31, 2015
    This game is a perfect mix of impressive gamedesign, flawless visual style & great gameplay! One of the best games I've played! Good night, good luck!
  47. Feb 10, 2015
    Updated Review after completing the game (took me 30 hours, I did all side quests).

I'm still at a loss for how people can justify giving this game an overly negative review, the only reasons I can think of is that they were having the PC performance issues (which seems to be primarily with AMD CPU systems), or they are just terrible at FPS games. Now keep in mind this is my opinion

Now keep in mind this is my opinion based on playing the PC version using Mouse and Keyboard with a good system. It may be that using a controller makes this game less fluent. Also note I am playing with a buddy from start to finish, co-op always improves any gaming experience for me.

Parkour - Fantastic, throughput the game as you level up it gets more and more fluent, and you get the hook which basically makes you a lesser spider-man. I really need to stress this point as I've seen some reviews saying this game brings nothing original to the genre, are you #$%^ing serious? This parkour is not only the best parkour I've played in a game (including Assassin's Creed), it brings the most to this genre since Left 4 Dead.

Day Time Combat - Solid, it definitely starts out somewhat challenging if you try to take on more than a few zombies at a time (which I love), although as you progress it gets easier to slash/jump your way through crowds, to the point where you don't even get scared running in to hordes(and I mean hordes) of zombies. Human combat is slightly more challenging as they can dodge and take more damage, although once you get guns they aren’t a problem. Special Zombies are fine too, nothing really new (l4d ripoffs).

Night Time Combat - I separated this for a reason, this is another key part of the game that bring a lot to the genre, now I can't say this is the first time that this mechanic has been used (zombies harder at night etc, 7 days to die comes to mind in that respect), although when you add parkour in to the mix it really changes the mood of the game and adds a nice thrill factor. Although as you progress further in to the game that thrill factor goes away and you really have no issues at any time (especially when you have an abundance of flares).

Storyline- This is the part that caused me to lower my original score (had it at 9/10 originally). The story was bad, the character interactions were comical and the drama was forced. I didn’t give a **** about any of the characters that died, although I did find some quality entertainment by making fun of the characters with my friend whom I played through the entire game with. There are very few positive things to say about the story (none come to mind right now), although this didn’t seriously impact my overall impression of the game.

Conclusion:

I still say that this is a solid game, most fun I've had with a co-op shooter game since the first Left 4 Dead and Borderlands. That said, once you leave the first map the overall experience did diminish for me, the second map felt like it was put together in a hurry and just didn’t flow like the first one, also finding entrances to places was unnecessarily annoying in the second area.

If you aren't very good at shooter type games, you likely won’t enjoy this (especially if you are playing alone). I can see people getting easily frustrated with aspects of this game, such as the mandatory tower climbs where many players likely have fallen to their deaths numerous times.

As I said it took me 30 hours to beat the game (including all side quests), and I’d say roughly 20 of those hours I found extremely enjoyable, the last 10 was more going through the motions. I will note however that this is the first Co-op shooter game where I plan to get any additional DLC maps, usually when I beat a co-op shooter I can’t bring myself to go back to it, but for this game… the parkour is just too good.
  48. Jan 30, 2015
    Pre-loaded this game on steam and played it the second of release, and it is one of the first games i've played in a long time that had no major issues at launch.

I'm not completely finished the main campaign but so far but it is good, nothing mind blowing but it isn't bad. The world is really neat and fresh, finally not being set in North America like every game today is. The world

The world is really neat and fresh, finally not being set in North America like every game today is. The world is also packed with stuff to do, collectibles to collect, side quests to do, random world events like helping survivors and airdrops that help to make the world feel very real.

Coop is amazing and really fun, if you are thinking of buying this game, i recommend not purchasing it alone, as if you get some friends together for this game your experience will be far better.

Parkour is slow at first since you are new to the game and also the character in general at first because he isn't a parkour master right at the beginning like in some games, but as you parkour around you become much faster and go get around the city with ease, giving off a real nice feeling of accomplishment when your character is a really high level and is so much faster than when he was a low level in parkour.

Be The Zombie mode is fun, although at the time of this post it is broken and no games can be found, my only gripe with it is that when it was working, i had to turn off zombie invasions because if i i had it on for night, as soon as it turned night, a hunter invaded me, as soon as that match ended, another invaded me, they need to add some sort of cool down after you are invaded to give the player a break without having to turn invasions on and off. It is also really nice that they made "Be The Zombie" mode available to all players rather than just pre-orders.

Combat is intense and fun, and unlike dead island which got extremely repetitive after 10 minutes there is a lot more creativity in Dying Light. In the start it is sort of boring as your character is a low level and doesn't have many abilities or weapon blueprints, and it is just you whacking zombies with floorboards for a while, but once you unlock awesome abilities like grapple, allowing you to toss zombies into spikes or off of buildings it gets a whole lot better. And once you unlock elemental ninja stars like exploding stars that you can toss at a red barrel sitting next to a group of 10 zombies and watch them all go flying the combat really starts to stand out.

Some reviews of people that have 10 minutes on the game state there is no day/night cycle, and that is completely false, the game disables nighttime and freezes the time for the first few missions to allow the player to get a hold of things and learn what the heck he is doing, and then enables the day/night cycle. And when it becomes night the game goes from zombie slasher to full on horror stealth game. The Volatiles may take a bit to spot and can be avoided if your smart but if you get caught, damn is it hard to get them off your tail, and you will likely die. My only gripe with this is later on in the game once you unlock equipment such as the grappling hook it becomes much to easy to lose the Volatiles and the game overall becomes far too easy for my liking.

For the most part the game is not glitchy, once or twice while playing me or a friend fell through the map and died but that was the only glitch we encountered and it was nothing game breaking, so if you are worried about this game having bugs galore no need to worry.

Port wise this game is good, nothing stellar but it is good. All keys are easily rebind-able which is nice, game runs well (Note that this is on a Nvidia card, and some users with AMD have been complaining about performance issues), though the main trigger for FPS drops is view distance, which heavily bogs down your computer and if you are having performance issues i recommend immediately checking that your view distance isn't set to really high.

Overall great game with lots of content, as of this post i have 36 hours of game play and am 80% done the story and 50% done with total completion. Definitely worth your $60.
  49. Jan 31, 2015
    This game is simple to describe:

The Last of Us ... kinda

meets

Mirror's Edge ... kinda

meets

Fallout ... kinda

It's not bad, it's just sorta.... meh.
  50. Feb 6, 2015
    Fascinating game, with intriguing story and fluid parkour gameplay. The gameplay gets a little repetitive after 10+ hours but other than that, the combat is always incredibly satisfying.
  51. Jan 28, 2015
    The first horror game I played that is actually genuinely nerve wrenching. Nothing beats the feeling of harrowingly escaping a crowd zombies at night. A beautiful, huge world draws you in, and the harsh environment is unforgiving, but never unfair, and keeps you on your toes at all times. The story is interesting, cutscenes feels rewarding rather than interrupting. The game has some of theThe first horror game I played that is actually genuinely nerve wrenching. Nothing beats the feeling of harrowingly escaping a crowd zombies at night. A beautiful, huge world draws you in, and the harsh environment is unforgiving, but never unfair, and keeps you on your toes at all times. The story is interesting, cutscenes feels rewarding rather than interrupting. The game has some of the best graphics I have seen so far, truly spectacular. Do not miss this game if you have the slightest interest in the genre of open world games with zombies and a tad of RPG thrown in.. Expand
  52. Jan 31, 2015
    Excellent game. Big step forward from Dead island franchise. Best first person parkour since Mirror’s Edge times. Great graphics. Although sometimes game stutters with no apparent reason. Big open world to explore. Good story. Interesting side-quests. Great crafting, three skill trees, tons of collectibles. Addictive as hell. And you now, if Momma ain’t happy, nobody’s happy.
  53. Feb 1, 2015
    I had no expectations but this game blew me away. So much freedom, great parkour, progress trees, good main story, TONS of side missions - most of them well-executed and non-repetitive, gorgeous visuals, multiple zombie types.
    Gives you barely any guns and makes you value the weapons you find even more this way as it's not hard to get carried away and break them (but there's a perk for that as well). Music - nothing sensational, but fits the mood perfectly, the main theme is absolutely great. And the mood is much more serious than Dead Island, with no blinking objects around the world you feel like you are there instead of the game holding your hand and showing you the goodies around you. You have to work carefully for your progress while being careful of the masses of zombies around at all times - great survival element.
    Love the colours - more realistic than most games (including Dead Island and even GTA V), the setting and the colour palette might remind you of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - and this is huge compliment.
    The horror comes at night, when you become the prey and vicious zombies will chase you in the dark - and this is how nights in videos games should be (unlike the well lit ones on Rockstar's and Bethesda's games).
    Bottom line - fun to play, intriguing main story, tons of good side quests, great visuals and fitting music. Pretty much better than anything that came out in 2014.
  54. Jan 28, 2015
    Gameplay is great, the graphics are absolutely amazing, the story is very good... in my pc run ok

My PC:
    i7 3770,
    8BG
    Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB Windforce 3
  55. Jan 28, 2015
    Genre-defining zombie experience. That's what you get. This is a delightful hybrid of Last of Us and Dead Rising, steering more towards the serious tone of survival in The Last of Us than the over the top carnage of DR3. The world is visually stunning, the gameplay is smooth and works exceptionally well together, the story is acceptable and the attention to detail fabulous.

The

The cooperative should be a big selling point, it's done very well and is seamless. Playing solo will lend to a more cautious play style, but with 3 friends you can take on large zombie hordes more readily Nightime changes everything, my full coop team got downed by Volatiles within a minute and had be running like a little girl while my friends died.

The atmosphere is supreme. The city of Harran feels devastated and is filled to the brim with zombies, I have never seen so many zombies in such a detailed open world before. They are truly numberless. The sounds of the city, the gorgeous lighting at night and the noise volatiles/virals make when they're running just far enough behind you that a moments pause would have them catch you....is haunting and well done.

The RPG system and player development is pretty damn standard, but as with everything else very polished and well done. As you level up you grow in power and speed, which makes a marked difference from your clumsy forays into the city at the start of the game. I'm already running, climbing and smashing zombies faster and harder than before and the development feels fantastic. I'm unsure if you ever become TOO powerful, but I don't think it seems likely. You will always be on the backfoot fighting an entire city of dead things.

HOWEVER one of the BIGGEST reasons I rate this so highly is because Techland really did it. So many developers promise the world and fall short. So many promise us greatness for it to fall down, promies to be found missing or wanting or the overall experience to be plagued by technical issues and bugs.

Techland has not fallen into these pitfalls. At all. I've had ZERO technical issues and everything has run smooth as butter. Everything comes together remarkably and frankly my hat is off to Techland for genuinely succeeding in crafting such an ambitious title and more than living up to the hype.

For that reason I bump the score from 9 to 10/10. If this was from a developer I expect the best from (Maybe Bethesda or any other big name AAA title developer) I would give a 9 as I expect such quality, but they really need to do something different to get a 10. I did not expect such majesty of game design from Techland, at all. Ty Techland, your did good!
  56. Jan 31, 2015
    By the time i had read and watched a good many reviews for this game i considered my purchase quite a risk, but i shouldn't have worried as i am enjoying my first play-through immensely. read the majority of user reviews on this site and believe this game is definitely worth a purchase. Graphics are great albeit with a few glitches but they are smooth and impressive and apart from a fewBy the time i had read and watched a good many reviews for this game i considered my purchase quite a risk, but i shouldn't have worried as i am enjoying my first play-through immensely. read the majority of user reviews on this site and believe this game is definitely worth a purchase. Graphics are great albeit with a few glitches but they are smooth and impressive and apart from a few iffy controller controller settings controls seem to work fine. Its fun plain and simple. Expand
  57. Jan 28, 2015
    By far, the best of many games. Amazing graphics, amazing game play, amazing story, crafting, weapon modding and a game that you have to solve without just run and gunning. I highly recommend this... but I think this game was specifically made for me. I love Diablo, Batman and GTA series and I have liked previous zombie games like Dead Island... and every one of those games is mixed inBy far, the best of many games. Amazing graphics, amazing game play, amazing story, crafting, weapon modding and a game that you have to solve without just run and gunning. I highly recommend this... but I think this game was specifically made for me. I love Diablo, Batman and GTA series and I have liked previous zombie games like Dead Island... and every one of those games is mixed in this one.

Also the Co-Op is great. Ubisoft, take a queue... When I play with on my friend's game in Far Cry 4, it should also save that progress to my game like this game is. No redoing on my local game.

Also, I have no lag and no frame drops like other people are stating... 8 hrs in... but then again, I'm not like other people that put together crap machines and expect to run modern, amazing graphics.

I highly recommend it. This is how seriously I like it... It will only be the second game I have bought the season pass for the game. (Bioshock Infinite is the previous). 10/10
  58. Jan 29, 2015
    27 hours in and must say it is bloody brilliant. Despite optimization issues, which I believe will be fixed soon, the game is just PURE FUN. I was worried that I'll get bored after 10 or so hours of bashing skulls and breaking legs but....IT IS JUST NOT GETTING BORING. The parkour component feels smooth yet more challenging than say Assassins Creed, combat is very fluent with limitless27 hours in and must say it is bloody brilliant. Despite optimization issues, which I believe will be fixed soon, the game is just PURE FUN. I was worried that I'll get bored after 10 or so hours of bashing skulls and breaking legs but....IT IS JUST NOT GETTING BORING. The parkour component feels smooth yet more challenging than say Assassins Creed, combat is very fluent with limitless combinations (even better in co-op), story is at least good at this point with some cool twists, sounds + score excellent. The gameplay in general is phenomenal.

Too easy with normal zombies? Get that caredrop at night time buddy...Still walk in a park? Let the NIGHT HUNTER join in. Did that? Let him join at the daytime. Bored? How about co-op with 3 of your buddies and set your own missions and goals? Done that? Multiplayer vs the Night Hunter or as the Night Hunter.

Amazing game. outstanding job Techland,
  59. Jan 28, 2015
    Wow Im really impressed with this game. Solid game play mechanics, great questing system, fun coop, great optimization. I genuinely dont have a single bad thing to say about it. The people saying the optimization is bad are most likely not very savvy and have no idea how to adjust settings, lowering view distance and forcing triple buffering through the driver gives massive FPS boosts. ImWow Im really impressed with this game. Solid game play mechanics, great questing system, fun coop, great optimization. I genuinely dont have a single bad thing to say about it. The people saying the optimization is bad are most likely not very savvy and have no idea how to adjust settings, lowering view distance and forcing triple buffering through the driver gives massive FPS boosts. Im getting 55+ FPS at all times at 1440p just by turning down View distance with my SLI 780s. Game runs great, looks great, and plays great, definitely worth the price. Expand
  60. Feb 1, 2015
    Ive played quite a few zombie survival games and this is probably the first one, that I liked very much. Graphics is top notch, especially character faces. Gameplay is interesting and intense. Missions are fun. Clearly the first contender for Game of the Year award.
  61. Jan 29, 2015
    The whole game is pretty much a combination of Mirrors Edge + L4D2 + Resident Evil + Assassins Creed + Dishonored. Which was damn awesome at first.

First impression (Pluses): Stunningly beautiful, amazingly optimized, promising, unexpected, thoughtful dialogues, great character profiles, great delivery (story). The guy you are playing for is not obviously a good or a bad guy (finally its not as simple as in fairy tales) The game felt pretty much alive during the first three hours. Crane has a great voice actor and its not Troy Baker Смайлик «tongue»

Last impression (Minuses, SPOILERS): So it happens that there is a FREELANCE SOLDIER which government sends to retrieve the super important documen TO SAVE THE WORLD. ALONE. Its like blazing the olympic flame on national tv using just a single match. Okay, Im fine with that, whatever. Lets see how you guys can pull this out.
    During the story it becomes obvious that Crane is not a professional at all. They send this guy who has absolutelly no professional attitude to the job alone. And at the end of the game he drops F-bombs in every_second_dialogue, and even with his boss. Im.. out of words. This is a really weird character.
    But that's not it yet. At the second half of the game (which is not that long to reach) Crane rushes to another city for our main female character (Jade). To make sure: so far he had just a 5-10 dialogues with her but it already feels like they've been deep in love for 5 years. Or at least he was. This whole passionate hero-princess thing escalated too quickly . Not enough premises to make characters that close. The devs were obviously in hurry to release it because it should be twice longer, and with way more main characters interactions.
    And as soon as he reaches the second town everybody go like "OMG, R U CRANE? UR A HERO HERE I SEEN A POSTER WITH YA!". But in fact it's been only a week in the game since he arrived at the island and the guy already has **** posters everywhere saying how cool he is. Shiiiiiiit.
    The main villain is just terrible. Such a cliche. Im not even speaking of the ending battle, which was as much predictable as the main vaillain's lines "U CANNOT DEFEAT ME, NOBODY CAN DO DAT!11 UGHHHHH, U DID DAT, IMPOSSIBIRUU".
    So the whole second half of the game Crane doesn't suprise us at all and the storyline is pretty much straightforward: they find the cure, the bad guy takes it, you fight the bad guy (casualties involved). And thats what I hated the most. Such promising game at the first half, such predictable at the second half.
    And the last thing that I didn't like: 2 assault rifles, 1 shotgun, a couple of pistols and **** OF COLD WEAPONS. Srsly, I hate when devs are greedy for powerful weapons.

But in the end pluses are way too big. The game was absolutely beautiful and it was just a great experience to jump into this world during this winter.
    I already explained why its not 10/10, so its solid 8/10 from me.
  62. Jan 30, 2015
    Played it for 4 hours so far, only thing thats a bit anoying is if you die, you respawn generally far away from where you were. but otherwise i cant complain,,, its better than Dead Island, ive played both and this is so far a better experience, and i like how you level the skill tree... depending on your game style.
  63. Feb 2, 2015
    Fun, but a little short - a few more quests in Old Town would've been nice.

The free running is smooth and becomes extremely easy once you get the Grappling Hook.

Combat is pretty satisfying, mainly you should avoid large groups of Zombies until Level 20.

Overall it feels like GTA with zombies. It's just a shame there's not a lot more content.
  64. Feb 2, 2015
    This is clear example of an unoriginal budget game. The story is a non-sense mess about some special agent paradropping into some arabian zombie infected city, nobody knows why there are zombies, from where they came from. Basically - you have main quest, you start few side quests, after while you have no idea who is who, what quest is this and that, for who are you making that quest...This is clear example of an unoriginal budget game. The story is a non-sense mess about some special agent paradropping into some arabian zombie infected city, nobody knows why there are zombies, from where they came from. Basically - you have main quest, you start few side quests, after while you have no idea who is who, what quest is this and that, for who are you making that quest... Its a mess. Game is copying parkour from Mirrors Edge, climbing towers from Far Cry 3, customizable melee weapons from Dead Rising, there's nothing original in this game. Pure budget. Techland was always making first person shooters and that sort of games with shiny graphics visuals, but in the inside all of their games were dumb and dull. This game is no exception. Story - ridiculous and banal. Gameplay - run like a darude sandstorm, punch zombies, figure out how to get inside some building... you will get enough of that quickly, its repetitive as shlt. Expand
  65. Feb 3, 2015
    This game is like cocaine, once its in your system, you'll keep coming back for it. The gameplay is marvelous. If I were to rate this on the gameplay alone, and how **** good it feels, I'd give it a 9. BUT, this game screws up, the story is nothing great, although the beginning is VERY GOOD, if they kept the pacing from the beginning of the game, throughout the whole game, this game'sThis game is like cocaine, once its in your system, you'll keep coming back for it. The gameplay is marvelous. If I were to rate this on the gameplay alone, and how **** good it feels, I'd give it a 9. BUT, this game screws up, the story is nothing great, although the beginning is VERY GOOD, if they kept the pacing from the beginning of the game, throughout the whole game, this game's story would've been one of its focal points, but it's not, the story is filled with fetch quests that leave you worn out, and the story gets you by. Now, this being on the PC, the optimization also comes in part of the review, and this is one of the worst optimized games I've got my hands on. I'm scoring a 780, and I can play on high, but it almost always stays under 60 fps, which is a shame since this game looks downright gorgeous at times. Nonetheless, considering every part of the game, I give this a 8/10. Get it if you really want it and think your rig can hold its own, if you don't think it can, wait for the devs. to patch and optimize this game, and come back, if they don't, SPEAK UP! Message them, create forum posts, petitions, whatever you need to get what you want. This is the internet age, everything is possible if you want it to be possible. Expand
  66. Feb 4, 2015
    Dying Light is a massive improvement over Dead Island 1 and 2. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay is smooth and the story is acceptable and best bit of all - it feels like it was made purely for the PC! I haven't run into a single bug in over 30 hours of gameplay. During the first 10 hours of playing there is a big element of horror when the sun goes down and found myself running forDying Light is a massive improvement over Dead Island 1 and 2. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay is smooth and the story is acceptable and best bit of all - it feels like it was made purely for the PC! I haven't run into a single bug in over 30 hours of gameplay. During the first 10 hours of playing there is a big element of horror when the sun goes down and found myself running for the nearest safe house as I felt genuinely scared. However after a while when you figure out the limitations of the AI the night time is just a different way to play the game and becomes less horrifying as your skill tree's progress. Having said that there are still a few scary moments.

The combat is fast paced and extremely satisfying, if a weapon breaks and you can no longer fix it, it becomes broken forever. At first I found this annoying but the rate at which you find better weapons seems perfectly balance to incorporate this game play mechanic. Crafting is simple and rewarding and utility weapons and items are definitely worth using in the game and will keep you alive.

My only gripe is the Bomber zombies are far too powerful and these are the only things I get killed by. You get so used to rampaging through swarms of zombies and drop kicking them in the face when you come across a bomber they don't look massively different from a regular zombie in the split second you are running up to it and by then it's too late as they will one shot you no matter how much health you have. The worst examples are when you run around a corner or are stuck in an animation when they explode.

The parkour element is very well done and as you progress you become quicker and eventually will unlock the grappling hook which really is a game changer.

The story is alright, nothing special though. The City is pretty impressive but after a while you notice that there's a lot of cut and paste action going on and a large amount of areas and buildings are exact copies.

I've had some absolute laughs playing this game, zombie hilarity! My partner is afraid to even watch me play, when it becomes night time she leaves the room altogether! She does not like horror films and she says this is just like watching a horror film.

After 30 hours gameplay the game is now becoming less exciting but I can imagine it's going to be just like dead island and keep me coming back once in a while. for some zombie murdering fun.
  67. Jan 27, 2015
    This is the zombie survival game I have wanted for a very long time. The open world feel is perfectly implemented here and the ability to jump, leap, and run through the city is only limited by your imagination. The night and day mechanic is interesting and terrifying and really adds to the tension. The crafting system and UI is vastly improved over the Dead Island series.

The only real

The only real negative I have for the game is the lack of an option to turn off the film grain effect the game insists on using. I do understand the reason is for immersion but having clean graphics should be an option and also definitely better for those of us who do not have top of the line graphics cards.
  68. Jan 28, 2015
    Great game! Great ambiance! Great gameplay! The night really scary! Multiplayer mode is great fun! If you like zombie game, open world, play this game!
  69. Jan 29, 2015
    o jogo está incrivel demais, a ambientação o clima de seriedade total da historia, tudo esta absolutamente perfeito, o mais legal é quando tu ataca um zumbi e tu tem nitidamente aquele sentimento de que o zumbi esta sentindo o golpe, tu sente o golpe quando bate

- graficos incriveis, iluminação tudo é lindo, e ta rodando muito liso mesmo perfeito demais. - historia sensacional te

- historia sensacional te prende desde o primeiro segundo
    - sistema de craft magnifico
    - aba de habilidades com 3 opções com muitas skills
    - o inimigo sente o golpe quando é atacado e isso da uma imersão absurda
    - a movimentação esta muito fluida tudo ocorre de forma explendida
    - cidade gigantesca com diversos lugares diferentes não andei tudo mais garanto que é monstruosamente grande
    - são 2 jogos, o dia e a noite que muda totalmente o gameplay é show demais
    - pode entrar nas casas e construções e vasculhar tudo
    - dezenas de itens que tem serventia para craft ou vender
    - carros, lixos, zumbis mortos, geladeiras, malas enfim tudo pode ser vasculhado atraz de itens
    - multiplayer sensacional, coop desde o começo apos o prologo, é so deixar ativado o coop que sempre entra gente , e o modo zumbi pode deixar ativado pra outros jogadores entrar no seu jogo, ou pode jogar sozinho sem ninguem te encher ai vai a gosto do freguês.
    - são tantas qualidades nesse jogo, diria que esse é o jogo que a muito procurava de zumbis, o sistema de combate é muito show enquanto em outros jogos os inimigos tu ataca e sao uns pedaços de madeira aqui no dying light o inimigo sente o golpe é so jogando pra entender é muito show.

- a dublagem esta muito mais muito boa mesmo, fizeram um otimo trabalho parabens a warner e techland.
    - o som do jogo esta muito show.

- quem tiver em duvidas pode comprar, esse jogo merece ser comparado.

abraços.
  70. Feb 2, 2015
    I love this game! The story is phenomenally good and strong. the graphics are insanely good. the gameplay is good too. The crafting system and UI is vastly improved over the Dead Island series.
  71. Jan 28, 2015
    Highly recommended!
    Great game especially for those who liked dead island.
    Graphics are good, the soundtrack superb and overall "tone" is right. The parkour is top notch! Now, how could we ever play a FPS in the future without the "parkour" element? lol Once you get used to it, develop it and master it, its gonna be hard going back to the traditional FPS control scheme... On PC
    Highly recommended!
    Great game especially for those who liked dead island.

Graphics are good, the soundtrack superb and overall "tone" is right.
    The parkour is top notch!

On PC it looks really really good as long as you have the hardware to run it.
    I'm on GTX 970 and mostly running full bling bling (at MAX settings with only View Distance set at 50%) at 1080p60.

Recommended.
  72. Jan 29, 2015
    멀티 플레이 시 사용자 경험에 정말 최선을 다 한 작품. 싱글 캠페인을 코옵으로 진행하며 발생할 다양한 문제점들을 개선함. 예) 호스트가 퀘내비를 정함. 루팅은 따로 따로. 모든 플레이어가 인벤토리 등 메뉴를 보고 있다면 게임이 일시 정지 등. 친구와 멀티로 진행하면 정말 재미있게 플레이 가능. 최고 수준의 그래픽임에도 최적화가 제법 잘 되어있다. 다만 한글 IME관련 창모드 버그나 어느정도 스킬이 언락된 이후엔 오픈월드의 프리플레이 컨텐츠가 부족한 부분은 감점요소.멀티 플레이 시 사용자 경험에 정말 최선을 다 한 작품. 싱글 캠페인을 코옵으로 진행하며 발생할 다양한 문제점들을 개선함. 예) 호스트가 퀘내비를 정함. 루팅은 따로 따로. 모든 플레이어가 인벤토리 등 메뉴를 보고 있다면 게임이 일시 정지 등. 친구와 멀티로 진행하면 정말 재미있게 플레이 가능. 최고 수준의 그래픽임에도 최적화가 제법 잘 되어있다. 다만 한글 IME관련 창모드 버그나 어느정도 스킬이 언락된 이후엔 오픈월드의 프리플레이 컨텐츠가 부족한 부분은 감점요소.
  73. Jan 30, 2015
    Similar in a lot of respects to Dead Island, which I enjoyed but never finished, this game adds a whole new dimension with the freedom of movement and pace afforded by the freerunning mechanic.

It only took me 3 days to finish Dying Light and I enjoyed pretty much every minute. The graphics are generally good and impressive at parts. I played at 1080p, max everything except draw

The graphics are generally good and impressive at parts. I played at 1080p, max everything except draw distance at 20% (Hugely increased FPS with no major downside) and I switched to medium textures when I was about 3/4 way through due to some serious stuttering problems. This solved the issue and the framerate was always great. (i5 4460/8GB/ GTX 970)

The storyline isn't amazing but decent voice actors and the reliance on pure fun gameplay meant I didn't care so much.

Dying Light is a lot of fun. I didn't get 100% or anywhere close to it but then I never do. The fact I played it to the end is a thumbs up from me these days.
  74. Jan 31, 2015
    this is the game dead island should have been in my opinion its a solid zombie game voice actings weak the side quests make this game good and playable
  75. Jan 31, 2015
    Melhor jogo de zumbi ever por que sim e pq tem parkour e bixo vino também tem armas doidonas, fofas e fodasticas quem não gosta do jogo é por que nunca sobreviveu a um apocalipse zumbi :v
  76. Feb 1, 2015
    As many have already stated, Dying Light seems to bring together a bunch of good features from other titles without actually trying anything new. It's like a vegetable stew of tried and tested features with Dead Island as a base. The game feels like what Dead Island should have been in the first place, in fact I spent a lot of time saying "oh, I've done this before in Dead Island."

"Oh

"Oh hey, it's the office building with an excessive amount of breakable glass, just like Dead Island. Oh, it's that annoying part of the game where I have to traverse the sewers again, just like Dead Island." Techland, no more long corridor sewers please.

I'm on the fence with Techland, there's so much they do undeniably right. They seem to be experts at setting atmosphere, the city overlooks in Dying Light are beautiful. The map was done by a group of studied individuals who must have planned it meticulously. Walking into a room and reading the story of the last moments from the corpse on the floor, just from the visual cues in the room is something only a handful of games do right. Dying Light is one of those games. One final standout feature, zombie AI evolves throughout the game. The zombies get consistently more aggressive and it's a fantastic touch, most RPGs would have scaled the health and been done with it. Techland goes above and beyond.

At the same time, there are a lot of issues with the game, and several reoccurring mistakes Techland seems to make. Optimization is one of them, if you think back to the launch of Dead Island, the game was notoriously poorly optimized for the PC to the point where hundreds of Steam users demanded and received refunds. Dying Light isn't quite this bad, but it does have a barrage of optimization issues that will keep the average PC user from enjoying the game.

From here there are just several design issues that I personally do not agree with. The permanent film-grain effect is horrible. The way the dead island/dying light engine makes the textures of everything in the environment look like they have a thick layer of wax over them bothers me. There seems to be far too many dark places unoccupied by virals during the day. The Parkour system works most of the time, but when it doesn't it will be during the worst times possible. The way the game handles death seems rushed at best, you're slapped with an XP penalty and respawned at the nearest safehouse. You can watch virals spawn from the air endlessly if you make enough noise, shouldn't they stop coming at some point? The way they handle zombie hordes is tricky, there are much more zombies on screen than can be active at one time. It seems like roughly 8-10 zombies can be actively pursuing you at any give time, the other zombies on the screen are idle. There are lots of assets reused from Dead Island. It's important to note that the things listed in this paragraph do not necessarily change the score of the review. I understand they're quite specific, just issues I find bothersome.

With all of that said, Techland is a company I am excited to see grow. I would be excited to see them on a fresh game engine. They just need to step out of their comfort zone.
  77. Feb 1, 2015
    I play on High/Ultra... last time I updated my PC is in 2013 (video card 780ti)
    I have from 50 to 60 fps.
    Don't listen to these haters with sh** computers, this game is amazing and very well optimised.
  78. Feb 3, 2015
    First of all to guy @Konsti19 complaining about performance issue with AMD rig, you have waived right to complain in the minute you bought crap from AMD. Second to the guy @Avadon said that game crashed in some cutscene, mine too on pirate version (buy full version and then start complaining about crashes and game it self...).

After 5 hours of pirate version (no demo so what else I

After 5 hours of pirate version (no demo so what else I could do) I bought full game and in three days I have played 15 hours, and I am sure that it will be twice as many hours if not more.

It is Zombies in Mirror's Edge world. Running is smooth (if you have read tutorials and think a little), killing (chopping later in game) zombies is super fun. Plot is about cure, and that is it, what else you could do in zombie world?

Only cons is this filter. It is annoying on the beginning, but now I did not even notice it any more. And performance issue. This game like to drop frames to 55 from 80 in a second, I do not know why (everything on ultra and on).

So after all it was well spent money, I do not regret it! 8/10
  79. Feb 4, 2015
    Fun, flawed, and suffering from a story that is so bizarre and stilted that it is substantially worse than if the game didn't have one at all. It's a good game that could be a great one with a couple more patches, and even without is worth playing, even if it isn't worth the $60 asking price. At the end of the day, the sheer amount of fun that there is to be had here carries past the awfulFun, flawed, and suffering from a story that is so bizarre and stilted that it is substantially worse than if the game didn't have one at all. It's a good game that could be a great one with a couple more patches, and even without is worth playing, even if it isn't worth the $60 asking price. At the end of the day, the sheer amount of fun that there is to be had here carries past the awful writing and neverending stream of fetch quests to make this still a good experience overall. It's just a shame that the time and effort wasn't put in to make it a great one, because with more QA and much better writing this could have been an early GOTY contender. Expand
  80. Jan 28, 2015
    I absolute love this game! Techland has created such a wonderful game, even tho it does suck for AMD users not to be optimized yet but the game is 100% working and not broken. Yet i have problems with the sound and a few fps drops the game is beautiful.
  81. Jan 27, 2015
    I give an assessment in 8 points because of the gloomy beginning. Further the excellent action opens. Very impressive graphics. The plot so-so in Dead Island one many better was. 8 of 10.
  82. Jan 30, 2015

83. Feb 8, 2015
    This is the best game of Techland. This is the best game on PS4 and PC. Great game! Great ambiance! Great gameplay! The night really scary! For me 100/100.
  84. Jan 28, 2015
    the game is pretty damn good but you have to grind for about 3-4 hours before the real fun starts. would have rated it higher if there wasn't such bad frame problems right now. it does kinda feel like dead island but it has the right to stand as its own just like lords of the fallen from dark souls.
    I'm running with MSI r 290 with a fx-8370 and 12 gigs ram and still have problems with frames staying around 15-20 frames that's just unplayable but love the game
  85. Jan 29, 2015
    I'm going to be brief.

This games ability to immerse the player in a zombie survival horror atmosphere works very well. I caused an explosion which caused the local ferals to come running. I jumped in my seat, I never jump! The beginning of the game is a rather lengthy tutorial that will end at the first airdrop mission. The visuals are amazing, the sounds and voice acting are very
    I'm going to be brief.

The visuals are amazing, the sounds and voice acting are very good. there are performance problems with a little video lag here and there.I found that turning motion blur off speeds the game up a lot and the video lag is gone. Be mindful that performance issues are going to happen in a first day release pc game. Most developers will eventually have a patch available.Patience is key here..

The weapons are varied but fun to use. The fighting with zombies is believeable. They are hard to kill and take effort to put into the ground.

The crafting system reminds me of Alien Isolation's way of crafting items. As a matter of fact, if you look hard you can see where they borrowed from other games. The safe house tower in the Northeast corner of the map reminded me a lot of the comm towers in Far Cry 4.

I recommend the game if you have the hardware to get it to run. I was going to only play it briefly yesterday and that turned into over 8 hours!

My rig:

Core i7-3930k @ 4.1ghz
    ASUS X79 Deluxe
    G.Skill Ripjaw 16gb
    EVGA NVIDIA 970 SC X2 IN SLI
  86. Jan 28, 2015
    It is really funny when someone writes about bad optimalization having:
    Intel Core i7 4960x @ 4.0GHz
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM @1600MHz Game installed on 1TB HDD Dual GTX 770s in SLI OC My PC is: AMD Phenom II X4 945, 4GB RAM 1333, AMD Radeon HD 5850 1GB, system on SSD, game on HDD. Game is briliant on MEDIUM settings without flushes like blur, gloom etc (useless stuff).
    It is really funny when someone writes about bad optimalization having:
    Intel Core i7 4960x @ 4.0GHz
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM @1600MHz
    Game installed on 1TB HDD
    Dual GTX 770s in SLI OC

This is just a **** of a hater who hates because he hates to hate.

Game kinda the same like Dead Island but made in new way. Here you have to survive not to rush throu massess of zombies killing every one of them. Thinking, planning and executing - its a good plan to survive. Character development is simple but well specified. Nothing more to add. Crafting - fast and simple. One minus to crafting is that you need to craft one item a time Can live with that. Graphic is much better than Dead Island. I cant see all aspects of it cause my 6-7 years old pc but Im happy with that I have. Even with that its still can run high-end games.
  87. Jan 27, 2015
    A zombie Masterpiece
    A massive game world to explore
    A very fluent parkour system
    Improve so much from Dead island 2
    well design zombies
    Co-op is even more fun
    Love it ~~~~
  88. Feb 22, 2015
    This game got an overwhelming number of positive reviews, be it here or on the Steam review system. And it's understandable, the game looks incredibly awesome.

But I would rather look past that. The main two reasons why I rate this game at four is that firstly, it's a console game for PCs, and secondly, I didn't have that much fun playing it. Sure, it looks gorgeous, but that's about it.

And the more I think of it, the more I consider that my two main concerns about the game are just one: I tend to hate all console games for PC on sight, sure; but there's nothing such as a "console game for PC label" that would draw me into hating them before recognizing what they are.

So why on earth is it a console game for PC? Well, here are my reasons:

- The interface is optimized for consoles. Like in the vast majority of recent titles, you don't select your weapons/items with multiple keys as in PC games, but with multiple hits (or by pressing that button and selecting the items in a "selection wheel") to one key, as in console games.
    - The gameplay is for consoles too: with the exception of the mouse look, everything plays better with a controller.
    - The linearity of the game is depressing; I have not been offered a single choice so far. This game is an interactive movie for your living room, not a dynamic and fun game for your PC.

Bottom line: get this game for your playstation/xbox/whatever, but if you're searching for a good PC game to (re)play, head for things like good ol' L4D or S.T.A.L.K.E.R, or Metro 2033; and sequels.
  89. Jan 29, 2015
    I've played this game for two days now and feel like I can give an honest impression if not a proper review. I have never played Dead Island so I am a clean slate in that regard. I find this game extremely fun. Yes. the gameplay is not very complex but it's polished and fluid and feels very satisfying. Running around, jumping from one rooftop to another never gets old to me and zombieI've played this game for two days now and feel like I can give an honest impression if not a proper review. I have never played Dead Island so I am a clean slate in that regard. I find this game extremely fun. Yes. the gameplay is not very complex but it's polished and fluid and feels very satisfying. Running around, jumping from one rooftop to another never gets old to me and zombie encounters are always exciting and dangerous, especially during nighttime when the game switches its genre to horror. No joke, the stuff that crawls out there during nighttime will make you s***t your pants. Like others have mentioned, the story isn't particularly exciting, but in my opinion is passable enough and even good at certain points. And yes, I am also having significant frame drops. Playing on medium settings I get 15-20 FPS in the worst parts of the city, which is bad but I can accept it for now. I am starting to notice certain patterns though, like the the same buildings that you scavenge for goods and certain elements of interior are encountered a bit too frequently and I start think 'wait, haven't I been here already?', but in fact it's a different place with the same looks. The city does feel very big though and I can't really blame the developers for having filler content here and there. Although I can already sense how it will eventually become boring to me and I will move on to something else, the game is still very fun and enjoyable to me and I expect I will finish the storyline before that happens. Expand
  90. Jan 30, 2015
    For those saying that you get 40fps even on high end rigs its not true, at least anymore. GTX970 with it graphics maxed out and vsynced @ 60fps no problems at all.
  91. Jan 30, 2015
    This game is wonderful. I haven't played a game since Fallout that has entertained me this much. 40 hours in and I really don't see myself getting bored any time soon.
  92. Jan 30, 2015
    Dying Light is a thrilling next-gen post-apocalyptic zombie hybrid shooter/survival game with a heavy focus on parkour game play. This is a landmark game that sets the bar higher for all games that will follow in its footsteps.

The overall story line follows a formula that is similar to Fallout or Skyrim where you have a main story line, but there are multiple side quests and surprises for you to find in the open world where you are free to wander around.

I'll talk more about the performance of this game rather than the graphics, game play as you can easily load up a youtube gameplay video to see the game in action.

This game requires a great GPU, but also requires heavy CPU processing power as well. I have an I5 4670k running @ 3.4GHz. During game play with the view distance at 50%, all virtual/physical CPU cores were operating at 100% and was causing the game to operate at 30-35 fps. My 2x R9 290s were not being utilized fully. I had to overclock the CPU cores to 4.0GHz each then I was able to maintain 60 fps throughout most of the game.

If you have a great video card, but do not have a great CPU, then try taking the draw distance down until the game is smooth enough for you. You can also try overclocking your CPU to get better results if you find your CPU is the bottleneck.

Overall, and excellent game and will be talked about for years to come and newer games will be judged on the new standards and the bar that has been set by Dying Light.
  93. Jan 31, 2015
    I'm only at 8 hours playtime but I can say the game is worth the money. I'm writing this after the first patch 1.2.1 and nvidia drivers 347.25 and the performance is a lot better now than it was at first (at least for me).

The story is interesting and makes you want to keep going, the characters are very lifelike due to the smooth animations and modern graphics and the voice acting is good.

Inventory system works great and the fact that you can upgrade and modify weapons on the go is a big plus compared to Dead Island's system where you needed a workstation.

Some people are complained that the weapons break too fast and, well, yes they do, but that should just give you more motivation to find better weapons, modify and upgrade them. You can also use talent points to make weapons last longer or make repaired easier.

The talent system works really well. Everything you do helps you to improve some of your skills. With a system like that it's okay to go off course and help some fellow survivors or kill some bad guys. Because it's all rewarding in some way or another, either through loot, money or new talents.

I'm also really happy that they didn't implement a fast-travel system like we've seen in Fallout, Skyrim and Dead Island. Sometimes you have to run a lot back and worth but again, it's fine as it can be rewarding in new talents or new discoveries.

They are plenty of side quests that also introduces you to interesting characters. Even though you run about a lot the game does not seem repetitive as all the missions vary a lot in my opinion.

The ragdoll effects on the zombies are simply amazing and only adds a certain realism to the game. Hands down the best first-person zombie game to date.

Techland has really payed attention to detail. I was in a random room in a random building and randomly looked up at a wall clock. You know, the ones who are almost always static in games, but this one actually moved. I liked that.

I was going to give this game a 9, but it gets a 10 because of the character Jade Aldemir. She's a cool character and not bad on the eyes either. She reminds me of of Alyx Vance from Half Life 2. Anyway I'll get back to the game now. Good Night, Good Luck.
  94. Jan 31, 2015
    This game in my opinion is great value for money. The elements of this game tie together well and I have not any performance issues yet (Running of GTX 660, AMD FX 3.6 GHz).
    Dying Light is definitely NOT all about killing zombies, Techland have made great use of the parkour element making you climb ridiculous heights that grip you on the edge of your seat. Aswell as the night, which at the beginning of the games leaves you panic running from the infected.
    The story is quite good, but I feel it could of been alot more intense if the story wasn't all about the GRE and survival. Therefore you never break to get to know the characters, leaving you feeling detached.
    Story (6/10) Parkour (9/10) Open-World (7/10) Zombie Killin' (9/10) Effort (9/10)
    It is a fun parkour zombie killin open-world game! (8/10)
  95. Feb 3, 2015
    Where to start? This game takes elements of Far Cry 4, Dead Island and Mirrors Edge and smashes them together with a day and night cycle in a open world thats a blast to explore and traverse. During the day the game has a walking dead overtone and fits that shoe nicely. You will be taking over "bases" infested by zombies and other badies (think farcry 4) in effort to secure safe zones ,Where to start? This game takes elements of Far Cry 4, Dead Island and Mirrors Edge and smashes them together with a day and night cycle in a open world thats a blast to explore and traverse. During the day the game has a walking dead overtone and fits that shoe nicely. You will be taking over "bases" infested by zombies and other badies (think farcry 4) in effort to secure safe zones , which may have more side missions BUT mostly serves as a safe place should you be out during a mission and caught with your pants down as the sun starts to sets and need a place of safety. The map is HUGE and getting around would be a tedious process if not for the climbing and running mechanics. The guy can climb just about anything he can reach either by hand or grappling hook and traverse anything he climb on too.

When the sun does set and nightfall comes into play everything changes. Zombies are faster more alert, the special hunters are out looming in the darkness and they will relentlessly chase you until you make it to a safe zone , you evade them, you kill them or they kill you. The crafting mechanic lets you piece together any crude weapon with other crude items and forge something that may belong in splatterhouse but never the less it gets the job done with as much gore to soak even the hardcorest of gamers. In my opinion the game needs more guns, it does have them but to say they sparse is both a understatement and a lie at the same time. Every safe zone controlled by a faction has guards , each guard is carrying as assault rifle, yet you as the player have hard time acquiring just one and if you do it likely has around 5-10 rounds in it with little hope of finding ammo. In that sense it doesn't make sense, if that makes any sense. lol

Its like your surrounded by butter knives yet you cant have one unless your lucky.

Melee Combat works though and is clearly the main focus, with the different abilities to unlock through 3 separate skill trees as your progress through the story , you will unlock things like drop kicks and different takedown abilities etc that opens up new possibilities to take down hordes of zombies. Speaking of combat..The Collisions...Collisions work so well in this game it will just about spoil you into thinking why isnt every game made with stuff like this?!

All in all this game is unique with superb graphics (not genre defining or worthy to the PC's immense power now a days but its good enough) and solid mechanics, a decent plot that every now and then seems just a tad stale by repetitive missions types but more than anything else its FUN! Highly Recommended To Any FPS, Open World and especially Zombie Fan

Id give it a 8.5 / 10
  96. Dop
    Feb 7, 2015
    Im not into zombies games anymore but i had the cash and a friend recommend the game so i give it a try. Shocking surprise game is good, solid graphics, gameplay is fun and engaging, story is well made with a nice spin off, the city fells really infested specially the second part.

I had some problems with my ati card at the beginning but after the patch im fine. Play it on i5 4670k, 16 gb ram, R9 295x2
  97. Jan 30, 2015
    Awesome game! I have not experienced any of these performance issues these techy nerds are speaking of. I never have with a women either. It must just be a personal issue with these bozos.
    Anyway, the game is fun, has a decent story (better than Dead Island or Far Cry), the ParKour is amazing and fun, and the night cycle is scary and true to life what I imagine it would be in a real apocalypse. Buy this game! No game is perfect, and techy visualization nerds with no life will nitpick every lag and framerate issue. The game looks beautiful to me, has a dark, dirty, kind of feeling with the beauty of the surrounding area still visible. Perfectly done to maintain mood. Dead Island 2 gameplay already has it all wrong with how bright the game is. Well done Techland. Buy the game.
  98. Feb 2, 2015
    Well I Don't really Like to Write Review's but I felt the need to Write One about this game. So Lets get to Optimization Not the best to be honest, I have a 980 and an i5 4670k along With 16 gb of ram and I was barley Pulling 40 fps. That is unacceptable So If you are planning to get this game Keep in mind that you may Encounter issues. Now with that out of the way let me tell you howWell I Don't really Like to Write Review's but I felt the need to Write One about this game. So Lets get to Optimization Not the best to be honest, I have a 980 and an i5 4670k along With 16 gb of ram and I was barley Pulling 40 fps. That is unacceptable So If you are planning to get this game Keep in mind that you may Encounter issues. Now with that out of the way let me tell you how much Fun I had with this game. The Main campaign Is Only about 5 hours long If you rush Through But With side quest's it can easily take you 12+ Hours!

Now Gameplay Wise It's essentially Dead Island Mixed With mirrors Edge. That can be Either Good or bad But luckily in the game's case They Did it right. The Combat is a little wonky at first but you get used to it and it gets much better when you upgrade your Combat to at least adept. The parkour Honestly Sucks at first as well but Much alike the Combat all you need to do is upgrade it and it will get so much better.

The Story is alright I mean It's not the greatest But at least it has one (Looking at you dead island) The characters are Forgettable and by the Time you Feel nothing for them. What is nice However is when you are just taking a stroll you can sometimes Grab an airdrop or Stumble upon Someone who need's help. and you can Find people who tell you about what they were doing before the Virus, It's pretty interesting.

Now one of the major mechanics they Advertised was this Night Time mode. It is Terrifying at first Yes But eventually It Loses it's touch. But your adrenaline always Get's pumping when you're Running From Virals. Then you have this mode called be the zombie which is pretty cool actually but sometimes if you have Multiplayer on They can invade you and it gets Kinda one sided Especially If you are going solo.

Overall I would recommend the game but it would be a cautious Purchase with the optimization issues so If I were you i would Either wait for patches, Or buy it on a console.
  99. Feb 2, 2015
    It is Dead Island with parkour. However, do not expect more. The best thing in this game in night and fight in night. But take 321895656 weapons, because every thing, that i use for killing sweet zombies was destoyed until 10 maybe 15 zombies. What is this? Some people say, that this game has nice graphis and i say it is true, but in some parts. Face and texture are very nice. But others?It is Dead Island with parkour. However, do not expect more. The best thing in this game in night and fight in night. But take 321895656 weapons, because every thing, that i use for killing sweet zombies was destoyed until 10 maybe 15 zombies. What is this? Some people say, that this game has nice graphis and i say it is true, but in some parts. Face and texture are very nice. But others? Boring environment, repeating textures and building were created by CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

And story? Ou **** it is as porn. You see (play) it for other things then story. If you like series Dead Island it is game for you. But for others? Maybe but try it then you will buy it.
  100. Feb 5, 2015
    The game's not quite a solid 7, but gets a conceded pass in that respect. It runs solid in 1080p but you'll need 4x sli 980's or wait until next gen gfx to run 4k, its still that ól chrome engine. The main story is very, very bad (not CoD bad tho) - however the sides quest missions are imbued with some writing talent and are for the main part, enjoyable.

The combat mechanics are

The combat mechanics are extended (such as dashing) however the hit detection and pointless weapons/animations (knife) are still left in. Bizarrely, zombie grab animations can break your combat 'flow' - unless you invest in several perks to make the game NOT do that?! Why just not leave it the **** out? These former eastbloc devs need to learn from musicians - what you leave out is more important than what you leave in.

Also, I have to play this mother****er until level 14 (many gd hrs) to get a gd katana?!, just like the last game. The RPG/Perk/item/crafting aspect is really broken, it borrows from like action/rpg games perk systems - but really it just shouldn't have used one, the items perks should have been passive, using meters. The crafting/weapons degradation system is similarly bizarre (left over from the first game), the devs seek to restrict, level and balance everything at once instead of making the game fun to grind. If they just leveled certain zone enemies and not the weapons, plus created a large variety of melee weapons it would have been fun. The Katana or any weapon should be available right at the beginning, its the weapon type that should receive perks - this would make the game much more fun. Then once you reach much higher levels, add in cool side weapons with one or two perk slots (eg. Tonfa, Nunchaku) please, I just wanna beat on stuff with nunchucks yo. Maybe next sequel?

1. Nov 1, 2015
    Don't let the Dead Island affiliation sway you one way or the other, Dying Light is its own game and it's rightfully fun, but it's not something that is Game of the Year material to me. If you like zombie games and open world games then this is worth the pickup, but otherwise I'd skip it until it goes on sale, because it's still a really fun game no matter how you dice it.
  2. Apr 6, 2015
    It’s a game of a thousand house calls, in which everyone needs something they can’t get or do for themselves. Catastrophe has made every doorstep a welcome place, with disease and death the justification for an openness that might seem unthinkable under other circumstances.
  3. Mar 22, 2015
    If you can get past the clunky storytelling and the repetitive missions, you might a diamond in the rough that really empowers you to revel in the design aspects of its zombie-infested sandbox.