Edge PC

7.6

1. Sep 9, 2011
    Fun Game. The music was very good, and didn't get annoying after failing heaps of times. But then again, the levels in this game aren't that hard. They are challenging, yes, but not frustratingly difficult, and this game has the perfect level of difficulty. However, for hardcore platformer super alien robots, this game would be a complete waste of time and would get boring after a while.Fun Game. The music was very good, and didn't get annoying after failing heaps of times. But then again, the levels in this game aren't that hard. They are challenging, yes, but not frustratingly difficult, and this game has the perfect level of difficulty. However, for hardcore platformer super alien robots, this game would be a complete waste of time and would get boring after a while. One thing I disliked the most in this game was the unlocking system. I understand that the developers of this game wanted to make it so that you understand how to use the controls and learn how to complete levels properly before progressing. That part I understand. But after you make it through Level 45, it prompts you to collect all 'prisms' (in-game collectible cubes that can be frustrating to find) to progress to the last three levels. And because of how much effort was needed to collect all of them, I thought that the last levels would be of a higher level of difficulty. I was extremely disappointed. The last levels were even easier than some of the levels that came before them. Although I am typing a long block of negativity, but don't get me wrong. THIS IS NOT A BAD GAME. The price is just right (keeping in mind the free dlc you get if you buy the game) and the music and gameplay mechanics are extremely fun to fiddle with. The achievements are also very fun to try and get. However, it was the unlocking system that really let the game down. Expand
  2. Feb 16, 2012
    Great music, weird but compelling gameplay, puzzling puzzles, simple but effective graphics, good price.

A relaxing puzzle game that's unique in its own way. Definitely check it out.
  3. Aug 30, 2012
    For the price it is sold and the time you CAN spent with the game (and I have spent a lot of time) it is one of the best purchases i probably made for a game. The thing I like the most about "Edge" is that you can choose your "level of difficulty" in each stage for your own. If you decide to only go for the exit it will be pretty easy. There are a lot of checkpoints and they are mostlyFor the price it is sold and the time you CAN spent with the game (and I have spent a lot of time) it is one of the best purchases i probably made for a game. The thing I like the most about "Edge" is that you can choose your "level of difficulty" in each stage for your own. If you decide to only go for the exit it will be pretty easy. There are a lot of checkpoints and they are mostly placed fair and reasonable. If you are playing this way "Edge" ist a normal platformer and getting to the end is not a question of knowing where to go but of your ability to move the cube the way you want. The next step would be collecting all the prisms scattered through the levels which is still easy although you have to think for some of them. The next thing to do is trying to get better times either way for the S+-rank (you need to collect all prisms for that) or competing for the leader-boards (just getting to the end the fastest way possible). At this point I would consider "Edge" as a puzzle-platformer since you need to find out what the best route is, where you should go first, looking for shortcuts and paying attention to timing for moving platforms etc. You also have to consider where you can and have to use the Edge-Time which is basically your cube clinging to a wall with just one edge. All the time spent as Edge-time will later on not be counted to your total time and therefore influence your results largely. So getting the best time possible is not only a question of sheer ability but also cleverness and like I said before is the part of the game I, personally, would consider as a puzzle.
    Although the graphic is minimalistic most levels give a different feeling and are unique and interesting with many interesting themes. Beside the games main 48 levels there is a free DLC with another 44 brilliant levels and additional 17 levels can be obtained by joining the Edge group at least if you are playing on Steam. To round this experience up the game comes with a catchy soundtrack which mostly will not annoy you.
  4. Oct 13, 2012
    This game is a very fun game. The music was varied, so you wouldn't maybe get sick of the same song over and over again. The only reason this game is not a 10 is because the controls can be hard to get used to. The puzzles are intuitive, and get harder gradually. This game is cheap in price, and it is a good game to just sit down and play casually. Buy it!
  5. Nov 9, 2012
    Edge is a very solid little game. At first the angle of the game annoyed me to death as I found myself constantly mixes up which arrow key moved me in which direction. It was very frustrating at first, but once I worked through the kinks the game became very enjoyable. While this isn't a title I can sit down and play for hours at a time it is great for killing 20 minutes here and there andEdge is a very solid little game. At first the angle of the game annoyed me to death as I found myself constantly mixes up which arrow key moved me in which direction. It was very frustrating at first, but once I worked through the kinks the game became very enjoyable. While this isn't a title I can sit down and play for hours at a time it is great for killing 20 minutes here and there and I found myself coming back to play it more and more when I had some free time. The diversity of the levels helped to keep the game very fresh. I felt that the increase in difficulty curve increased perfectly as the game progressed not making it too hard for the player when new concepts were added. A solid game that I will continue to play. Expand
  6. Feb 27, 2013
    Wonderful. Mind you, the gameplay is in no way special. You simply move everyone's favorite 3D shape (a cube, duh!) around by rolling it. Grabbing on stuff causes you to gain "EDGE time" (see what they did there?), which is subtracted from your total time. That's not what makes this game fun. What IS making this game fun are the levels. The levels usually have a gimmick, like "black hole",Wonderful. Mind you, the gameplay is in no way special. You simply move everyone's favorite 3D shape (a cube, duh!) around by rolling it. Grabbing on stuff causes you to gain "EDGE time" (see what they did there?), which is subtracted from your total time. That's not what makes this game fun. What IS making this game fun are the levels. The levels usually have a gimmick, like "black hole", where you can enter a wormhole which moves you to a corresponding wormhole, and "robot sport" where, for a brief moment, you fight your rival in a giant robot suit. Absolute genius. There's even a level designed by a kid named Zias (named Zias), and even that was pretty awesome. The music is fantastic, with strong 8-bit roots and a bit of techno vibe thrown in. Also, the music doesn't restart when you die, making sure you aren't listening to the same "BEEP BOOP BOP" every 5 seconds. So, that's gameplay: good, levels: awesome, and music: great. I feel like that clears all criteria, so I'll just end this here. I recommend this game to most, and I didn't regret buying it. Don't mind that the metascore is in the yellow, that's just today's rating system talking. I bid you fair-well!
    -Coffeehaus

1. CD-Action
    Sep 29, 2011
    This cleverly designed game works great as a supplement to a diet consisting of blockbusters titles. [October, p.77]
  2. Sep 21, 2011
    Edge is one of the best modern mobile games and was ported with the same passion on the PC. Simple and intuitive, it can challange both casual and hardcore players, for its depth, addictive gameplay and constant support by the developers.
    An enjoyable puzzler that does its best to get the most out of a clever and simple idea. Even at the cheap price, though, it still feels like a mobile game that would be a better fit on the device in your pocket than the comparatively huge monitor of your PC.