6.2

1. Nov 22, 2011
    It's been a while since I played this. You will look at the graphics and wonder if it's supposed to be a joke at first, but within it's style, their actually pretty good. The story is also good for a surprise as what starts as a silly and funny cartoon turns into a pretty dark and serious drama as the game proceeds and not like those Disney movies, either, so don't be fooled, it is NO gameIt's been a while since I played this. You will look at the graphics and wonder if it's supposed to be a joke at first, but within it's style, their actually pretty good. The story is also good for a surprise as what starts as a silly and funny cartoon turns into a pretty dark and serious drama as the game proceeds and not like those Disney movies, either, so don't be fooled, it is NO game for kids. Even without these gloomier themes, I believe few children would like it much as the puzzles are tough to figure out and require patience, thinking and, of course, trying out stuff. Speaking of which, the amount of individual comments you get for trying things is phenomenal. Where most point&click adventures will just give you the standard "doesn't work" or "it's a chair", Edna will tell you little stories and even say fitting stuff to the most nonsensical item combinations, so you'll find yourself doing things you know are not the solution just to hear what she has to say. But this game has a few issues as well. First of all, the humor isn't always as deep as you'd hope, some of it is rather inane. Second, this game has RIDICULOUS loading times each time you leave a room especially when you consider what it actually has to load.

Overall, I thought this was one of the best point & click adventures of the recent years (and I'm not even much into the cartoony ones) as it did not spoon feed me everything, the story is great and there is is a lot of content.
  2. Dec 20, 2011
    The graphics of "Edna & Harvey: The Breakout" definitely take some getting used to but in the end the comic-look fits the setting perfectly. The game offers crazy characters, quirky dialogs, whacked-out puzzles and a story which takes more than one unexpected turn. Outstanding: Edna passes a unique comment on almost any action you take during the game.
    Despite the cartoonish graphics this
    Despite the cartoonish graphics this game is not suited for kids.
  3. Dec 26, 2013
    If you are a fan of adventure games then you should definitely try Edna & Harvey: The Breakout, because it has somewhat unique: the original comment for the every combination of items you can find in the game. And not just for the combinations but also for all interactions. My style of playing was actually to enter the new location and try to talk to every single item there. And all theIf you are a fan of adventure games then you should definitely try Edna & Harvey: The Breakout, because it has somewhat unique: the original comment for the every combination of items you can find in the game. And not just for the combinations but also for all interactions. My style of playing was actually to enter the new location and try to talk to every single item there. And all the dialogs, texts are very funny and meaningful. Firstly I wanted to skip this part and just start playing the sequel first (Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes). But actually I was disappointed by it after the first one.
    The story itself is very good and intriguing till the last moments and the graphics which seem too simple at first are just good for the madness that rules around you. The puzzles may sometimes get weird, but well it's a weird game you know.
    The soundtrack is brilliant. I often listen to it after finishing the game. I read few times that english voice isn't very good, but it seems to be the early version and the final one looks very good for me though I'm not a native English speaker.
    Anyway, I strongly recommend at least to try it.
    P.S. And the story about the creation of the game which was actually started as a university project looks very appealing.

1. PC Gamer UK
    Apr 23, 2011
    What's just not funny becomes sandpaper pants irritating when delivered in broken English. [May 2011, p.97]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 6, 2011
    A crazy old-school adventure game where you can see it was done out of love and not for money. [Mar 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Mar 31, 2011
    Clever, endearing and fun to play, probably slightly overpriced. Beware of the ending, though. [Apr 2011, p.57]