8.4

1. T.homasB.
    Dec 26, 2007
    One of the, if not the, best city builder games i have ever tried. beautiful, has a good feel and can make you addicted. this must a must to every city builder.
  2. May 5, 2012
    I think it's the best city builder published by Sierra Entertainment Inc. It's very similar to Pharaoh and Caesar games (produced by Impressions Games). Unfortunately there is no tutorial, but unlike Pharaoh and Caesar citizens are able to work at every place (their houses don't need to be built so close to it) and you can also build a special wall around houses which allows them to growI think it's the best city builder published by Sierra Entertainment Inc. It's very similar to Pharaoh and Caesar games (produced by Impressions Games). Unfortunately there is no tutorial, but unlike Pharaoh and Caesar citizens are able to work at every place (their houses don't need to be built so close to it) and you can also build a special wall around houses which allows them to grow (it prevents the bad influence of work places). Expand
  3. CaseyG.
    Jan 10, 2003
    It's kinda hard at first but it gets better.
  4. Jul 28, 2012
    Definitely one of the best city-builders of all time and a must-have for every fan of the genre. It's a shame that these days we don't have such games made anymore.
  5. Jul 14, 2014
    A fine jewel that any city builder fan will enjoy. With a fairly complex yet enjoyable management system, it has a lot of resource types (forget about the classic gold, food, stone, wood) and citizen needs that allow different strategic approaches depending on the landscape characteristics. It even has multiplayer and a militar system, though these feel very outdated.
  6. Feb 18, 2014
    Still one of the best and most complex city building game. I like the game alot though its age.

Positiv: + beautiful 2D-Buildings and monuments + nice sounds and music + china-setting with background-information + very complex logistics, economy, manufacturing + trading with other citys & diplomacy + nice animated details in buildings and people + city is very lively Negativ:

Positiv:
    + beautiful 2D-Buildings and monuments
    + nice sounds and music
    + china-setting with background-information
    + very complex logistics, economy, manufacturing
    + trading with other citys & diplomacy
    + nice animated details in buildings and people
    + city is very lively

Negativ:
    - ugly landscape
  7. Aug 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game make me feel as a king from a kingdom and make me have a power to rule a kingdom a huge kingdom in the world. i start play this game since 12 year ago but view time i lose the source program so i download it again and again until this day i download it again cuz my cd program get bad Expand
  8. ZD
    Jan 2, 2003
    I had nice while playing.
  9. KoRW.
    Jul 23, 2005
    Jep, a good fun game but gets boring after a week or two.
  10. Feb 26, 2015
    Emperor is a decade old game, a part of a well established franchise. It has a nice interface and graphics on today standards. If you want to read about how great this game is, or what positives it has, then find another review. I want to save my time and just write down my concerns.
    I already played zeus, cleopatra and other city builders years ago, so I started the game on medium which is just good for some pleasure time. I did not encounter anything disturbing during the first half an hour, but then my buildings started to collapse. I built 2x3 houses per block surrounded by road, each 3 blocks have an inspector's tower. My problem is that the inspectors randomly change path at every crossroad, which I have a lot. So, there are situations when some of the buildings just being ignored for a time, and catch on fire or collapse. Just watched as my inspector took a wrong turn and leaving my house at the end of the road to collapse. He simply gone to the road where the immigrants come from. Overall, pathfinding is so much randomized that it brakes the game. I need to watch my buildings constantly and demolish those which are being ignored by the inspectors. This should be much more controlled and less random.
  11. May 20, 2017
    The best city-building sim I've ever played, hands down, and i'm a huge fan of the genre. It's not without it's issues: there are a number of bugs, combat is poorly implemented, and there's often an issue of getting data about your city in a clear and timely manner to prevent disaster. Nonetheless this game is crazy fun; it's one of the few games where after clocking it on normalThe best city-building sim I've ever played, hands down, and i'm a huge fan of the genre. It's not without it's issues: there are a number of bugs, combat is poorly implemented, and there's often an issue of getting data about your city in a clear and timely manner to prevent disaster. Nonetheless this game is crazy fun; it's one of the few games where after clocking it on normal difficulty I play through again on hard, and then yet again on very hard. It isn't as lengthy as Pharaoh, but the game mechanics have been subtly tweaked and re-balanced for a more engaging and challenging game. Expand

1. Impressions did a good job of refining the gameplay with this installment.
  2. An impressive game that reeks of addictive potential. If the despot in you wants some exercising, then this is definitely the way to go.
  3. A fun and satisfying management game, ... [but] if "Zeus" was two steps forward for the series, Emperor is its one step back.