8.6

1. May 5, 2012
    I think it's the best city builder published by Sierra Entertainment Inc. It's very similar to Pharaoh and Caesar games (produced by Impressions Games). Unfortunately there is no tutorial, but unlike Pharaoh and Caesar citizens are able to work at every place (their houses don't need to be built so close to it) and you can also build a special wall around houses which allows them to grow (it prevents the bad influence of work places). Expand
  2. Jul 28, 2012
    Definitely one of the best city-builders of all time and a must-have for every fan of the genre. It's a shame that these days we don't have such games made anymore.
  3. Jul 14, 2014
    A fine jewel that any city builder fan will enjoy. With a fairly complex yet enjoyable management system, it has a lot of resource types (forget about the classic gold, food, stone, wood) and citizen needs that allow different strategic approaches depending on the landscape characteristics. It even has multiplayer and a militar system, though these feel very outdated.
  4. Feb 18, 2014
    Still one of the best and most complex city building game. I like the game alot though its age. Positiv: + beautiful 2D-Buildings and monuments + nice sounds and music + china-setting with background-information + very complex logistics, economy, manufacturing + trading with other citys & diplomacy + nice animated details in buildings and people + city is very lively Negativ:
    - ugly landscape
  5. Aug 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game make me feel as a king from a kingdom and make me have a power to rule a kingdom a huge kingdom in the world. i start play this game since 12 year ago but view time i lose the source program so i download it again and again until this day i download it again cuz my cd program get bad Expand

1. Impressions did a good job of refining the gameplay with this installment.
  2. An impressive game that reeks of addictive potential. If the despot in you wants some exercising, then this is definitely the way to go.
  3. A fun and satisfying management game, ... [but] if "Zeus" was two steps forward for the series, Emperor is its one step back.